Author Topic: Experts: Japan earthquake "Doesn't fit the pattern"  (Read 6001 times)

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
Experts: Japan earthquake "Doesn't fit the pattern"
« on: March 17, 2011, 08:06:25 am »
I think they're going to find that much about this event "doesn't fit the pattern".
The location of the earthquake is one thing...
what happened at the nuclear plants will be another. Once the Japanese start investigating the events that led up to the blasts and meltdowns of the nuclear power plants, they might find that other things are not quite fitting the pattern...

=================================

Location of Japanese Tremor Surprising, Say Experts
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Location-of-Japanese-Tremor-Surprising-Say-Experts-190042.shtml

Japanese authorities have been expecting an earthquake similar to the one that struck the country for nearly three decades now, but they were surely not expecting it to strike in the region it did.

Geologists say that the fault line that ruptured to produce the magnitude 9.0 tremor that struck 80 miles east of the city of Senday, and 155 miles northeast of Tokyo, was not believed to be capable of producing such devastation.

In other words, the event was expected to originate elsewhere, in fault lines that have a “reputation” for producing massive earthquakes. However, obviously did not happen, and the tremor originated at a depth of only 32 kilometers (19.9 miles), in a relatively unknown portion of oceanic crust.

On March 11, the area experienced a rupture that triggered an event about 1,000 times more intense than the magnitude 7.0 tremor that struck Haiti in January 2010, killing over 230,000 people.

“This area has a long history of earthquakes,
but [the Sendai earthquake] doesn’t fit the pattern.

The expectation was high for a 7.5, but that’s a hundred times smaller than a 9.0,” says Harold Tobin.

The expert, who holds an appointment as a marine geophysicist at the University of Wisconsin–Madison (UWM), explains that determining how and why earthquakes are produced around Japan is a very complex task.

The country sits on the Pacific Ring of Fire, an area circling the ocean where tectonic plates slam into each other, and compete for supremacy. The nation is located at the boundary of the Asian plate with the Pacific plate, and the two collide rather often.

Though the Japan Trench – the area where the epicenter was located – produced several large tremors over the past century, none of these events was more intense than magnitude 8.0, Science News reports.

As such, experts and authorities were convinced that the “next big one” will strike from the south, where the Japanese plate is colliding with the Philippine plate. The latter is moving north.

Experts at the Harvard University already carried out a computer simulation of the March 11 event and determined that more than 390 kilometers of the Japan Trench ruptured during the earthquake.

“It looks like three of the segments [int the Trench] all slipped together. There is some evidence that a fourth may have been involved as well,” explains Harvard seismologist Miaki Ishii.

“We’re learning that we can’t discount any of these big subduction zones. They’re all capable of producing large earthquakes,” Tobin concludes.
And  the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, 
Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren,  ye have done it unto me.

Matthew 25:40

Offline agentbluescreen

Re: Experts: Japan earthquake "Doesn't fit the pattern"
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 08:45:32 am »
I may well be (is far more likely) that areas of faults that have the most frequent and common "creaking and groaning" regular, LITTLE releases are actually much more "relatively safe" than other supposedly "stabler" parts of the same faults that DO NOT. The logic of tipping points must clearly be applied to most of this sort of vague guesswork.

In other words, when all the jagged and smaller "suspension points" have finally jostled and worn down smooth enough, the biggest and broadest general "slip and slides" finally occur. How could anyone who does this for a living fail to visualize such an obviously simple and elementary certainty?

Offline ghost hacked

• Watching you watching me!
    • o.h.m.
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 11:23:06 am »
Yeah you do want a bunch of small quakes. More smaller ones are indeed better than one large one. And the aftershocks in Japan are still going on.

'We play the game with the bravery of being out of range.' - Roger Waters

Offline Joseon

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 08:23:35 pm »
I may well be (is far more likely) that areas of faults that have the most frequent and common "creaking and groaning" regular, LITTLE releases are actually much more "relatively safe" than other supposedly "stabler" parts of the same faults that DO NOT. The logic of tipping points must clearly be applied to most of this sort of vague guesswork.

In other words, when all the jagged and smaller "suspension points" have finally jostled and worn down smooth enough, the biggest and broadest general "slip and slides" finally occur. How could anyone who does this for a living fail to visualize such an obviously simple and elementary certainty?

right and you are in such position on pontificating useless theories that are not backed up by any data or circumstantial evidence.
http://www.H20labs.com
http://www.Mercola.com/article/mercury/mercury_elimination.htm

Drink distilled water for Pure Health:

Detox with cilantro:

Omura determined that cilantro could mobilize mercury and other toxic metals rapidly from the CNS.96 97

Spread the Word.

Offline Joseon

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 09:00:23 pm »
Why aren't there any video images of red-plasma like clouds right before the quakes? 

Detox with cilantro:

Omura determined that cilantro could mobilize mercury and other toxic metals rapidly from the CNS.96 97

Spread the Word.

Offline Joseon

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 09:26:55 pm »
when lightning strikes, the ionized air itself isn't seen, you are seeing arcing.
special photos can show the green hue of ionized air due to lightning.

i would think that refraction, i.e. weather overhead, can affect what you see when HAARPitty HAARP fires.

a better indicator would be, how many people do you know who had terrible arguments or emotional disturbances during the times that TRY posts.
that would be a good indicator of magnetism overhead.
aurora borealis causes irritability and madness, why can't ionospheric heaters? they are hijacking the magnetic lines of flux and overloading them.
it;s called HAARP for a reason you sillies, its purpose is to play the lines of flux like a harp.

HAARP - harp - music - resonance - action -power

you are right about Haarp, because it is a musical instrument that lulls people's CON-scienceness.
Yes, i bet HAARP frequencies did manipulate or AFFECT the japanese state of mind or being. THere will be books or reports about how people were visualizing hallucinations, maybe massive headaches, stomachaches, chest pains. Billions of watts shot straight down from heaven would be VERY unpleasant.

The answer to my question still remains unsolved. Perhaps the Japanese didn't have enough time to video-tape the red-plasma from the sky. Hopefully there will be Japanese people reporting them through testimony.

Detox with cilantro:

Spread the Word.

Offline jofortruth

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 11:12:11 pm »
Was this a poorer area of Japan? or were there many businesses there? Just wondering!

Don't believe me. Look it up yourself!

Offline agentbluescreen

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 11:49:09 pm »
just as hurricanes release atmospheric pressure and without which our weather would always be f**ked,
earthquakes release pressure in the earth's crust and mantle, and if you live on a fault that never releases pressure, one blast or shock could set off a true megaquake.

now that you make me think of this i remember the general locality of "new madrid" being talked about as such a fault, a very dangerous dormant fault.

Japan's quake was very strange, and the fork is still humming (mega aftershocks, long duration of activity, seems unnatural and of course they wouldn't have been able to test it unless they are doing the same thing to the moon or mars).

Well seems logical to assume that a part of a fault that never rumbles must take a much longer time to really go boom. It'd be different (nicer) if we knew the actual 3D underground shapes of them to be able to tell when those bigger shifts are ripe to happen. Still if one is engineering for safety it'd be best to assume the quake would be worse (biggest) where it most seldom happens, given that we know where these plates interface.

So by this logic it's not to say a place like LA that has lots of quakes can't have a big one now and then but it's logical to assume that the really biggest one ever won't be there, even if it's last (frequent) one is the final tipping point for the next, larger "major refitting" of the fault pattern.

Like a rough grinding wheel, the current high points wear off then you get a rub and a rub-off and then new points form elsewhere.