Author Topic: Meltdown now Imminent : No more water.  (Read 5675 times)

charrington

Meltdown now Imminent : No more water.
« on: March 16, 2011, 05:08:56 pm »

NRC: No water in spent fuel pool of Japan plant
US nuclear agency chief says no water in spent fuel pool at Japan plant; Japan denies it

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The chief of the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission said Wednesday that all the water is gone from one of the spent fuel pools at Japan's most troubled nuclear plant, but Japanese officials denied it.

If NRC Chairman Gregory Jaczko is correct, this would mean there's nothing to stop the fuel rods from getting hotter and ultimately melting down. The outer shell of the rods could also ignite with enough force to propel the radioactive fuel inside over a wide area.

Jaczko did not say Wednesday how the information was obtained, but the NRC and U.S. Department of Energy both have experts on site at the Fukushima Dai-ichi complex of six reactors. He said the spent fuel pool of the complex's Unit 4 reactor has lost water.

Jaczko said officials believe radiation levels are extremely high, and that could affect workers' ability to stop temperatures from escalating.

Japan's nuclear safety agency and Tokyo Electric Power Co., which operates the complex, deny water is gone from the pool. Utility spokesman Hajime Motojuku said the "condition is stable" at Unit 4.

MORE

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/NRC-No-water-in-spent-fuel-apf-2091500355.html?x=0&.v=1

Offline larsonstdoc

Re: Meltdown now Imminent : No more water.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 05:36:57 pm »

Wow!!!!
I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.

Offline Valerius

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 05:45:08 pm »
What happened to all the sea water?
"No man can put a chain about the ankle of his fellow man without at last finding the other end fastened about his own neck."  -Frederick Douglass

Offline grapecrusher1

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 08:43:12 pm »
Gunderson agrees it is imminent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7JvuUwpq40
"The meek shall inherit NOTHING" -- Zappa

Offline Freeski

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 09:01:48 pm »
Gunderson agrees it is imminent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7JvuUwpq40

Scary shit but is it just fearmongering or what?
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

ignescent

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 09:02:47 pm »
so does drudge  "Endgame"  (it was just there but seems to be removed?)

http://www.drudgereport.com/

Offline grapecrusher1

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 09:14:23 pm »
Scary shit but is it just fearmongering or what?

I heard him saying the same thing days ago.

Gunderson appears to know what he is talking about as he testified at the 3 mile hearing and is well researched in regards to Chernobyl.  The US nuclear agency also is saying a meltdown is more a matter of time.

Unlike Dr. Kendall who is spouting placating nonsense here in Canada, he has zero experience in nuclear issues according to his bio.   I spoke to his office today but he wasnt in and I will be calling him tomorrow as to the rationale behind his assertion that Canada has nothing to worry about.

VICTORIA – British Columbia’s Provincial Health Officer Dr. Perry Kendall today issued a statement reassuring British Columbians that there is no expected health risk from radiation at the Japanese nuclear power plant.
“Based on present information, we do not expect any health risk following the nuclear reactor releases in Japan, nor is the consumption of potassium iodide tablets a necessary precaution.

http://www2.news.gov.bc.ca/news_releases_2009-2013/2011HSERV0001-000258.htm

I also spoke/emailed the CBC, the Canadian Centre for Disease Control (which is playing a large role), the BC Ministry of Health and will be calling Ottawa tomorrow.  We Canadians should be pressuring our media and government to act responsibly.  Telling its citizens there is nothing to worry about is negligent at best.

Offline Freeski

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 09:24:59 pm »
I heard him saying the same thing days ago.

Gunderson appears to know what he is talking about as he testified at the 3 mile hearing and is well researched in regards to Chernobyl.  The US nuclear agency also is saying a meltdown is more a matter of time.

Unlike Dr. Kendall who is spouting placating nonsense here in Canada, he has zero experience in nuclear issues according to his bio.   I spoke to his office today but he wasnt in and I will be calling him tomorrow as to the rationale behind his assertion that Canada has nothing to worry about.

http://www2.news.gov.bc.ca/news_releases_2009-2013/2011HSERV0001-000258.htm

I also spoke/emailed the CBC, the Canadian Centre for Disease Control (which is playing a large role), the BC Ministry of Health and will be calling Ottawa tomorrow.  We Canadians should be pressuring our media and government to act responsibly.  Telling its citizens there is nothing to worry about is negligent at best.

Godspeed dude!

Side note - one of the earlier projection videos showed the jet stream landing in California, then heading towards the Great Lakes and Ontario and Quebec (bypassing BC). It's hard to know who should be most prepared. Probably all of us if this does turn into Chernobyl on steroids. Anyway, stay safe!
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline agentbluescreen

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 09:26:34 pm »
There is real evidence that the side of the cooling pool itself is gone (blown out) in #4 and #3. This means tossing more water is just further stressing and degrading the empty, now  side-wall-less "pool" of rods. #! is in no better shape. Chances are that stored fuel was ignored for so long that after the explosions there is no longer even a "vessel" to hold water in up to three of the structures.

Meanwhile # 2 is ticking away headed toward certain open, uncontained criticality, while #1 and #3  do the same thing with still some (maybe) weak low-grade, substandard defectively engineered GE Mark 1 (so-called budget) "containment".

Offline grapecrusher1

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 09:28:36 pm »
Godspeed dude!

Side note - one of the earlier projection videos showed the jet stream landing in California, then heading towards the Great Lakes and Ontario and Quebec (bypassing BC). It's hard to know who should be most prepared. Probably all of us if this does turn into Chernobyl on steroids. Anyway, stay safe!

My letter to the CBC -- we had about 5 communications today
Japan meltdown is now the topstory and it wasnt 3 hours ago.

Hello CBC

I believe the government of Canada and the Canadian Media is woefully underreporting this unfolding disaster in Japan at their citizens peril.

Some points:

The chief of the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission said Wednesday that all the water is gone from one of the spent fuel pools at Japan's most troubled nuclear plant, but Japanese officials denied it.

If NRC Chairman Gregory Jaczko is correct, this would mean there's nothing to stop the fuel rods from getting hotter and ultimately melting down. The outer shell of the rods could also ignite with enough force to propel the radioactive fuel inside over a wide area.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=134600420

http://abcnews.go.com/International/japan-nuclear-crisis-rising-radiation-levels-halt-fukushima/story?id=13146516

3 Mile Island and Chernobyl expert, Arnold Gunderson, says catastrophe is imminent and will be "Chernobyl on Steroids" -- there are 600,000 rods in that complex btw
http://www.youtube.com/user/RussiaToday#p/u/2/R7JvuUwpq40

Why isnt Japan releasing the radiation readings from the two prefectures in question??  And the prefecture situated adjacent to Fukushima is showing readings at dangerously high levels.  Why havent the US military in the area released the readings?

I would like to know what Canada is doing in regards to monitoring our incoming winds from Japan which generally flow in a fairly direct fashion?  Where are the radiation detectors located and where can concerned citizens find them on line for themselves?  Do I have to rely on private citizens to become informed on this crisis?
http://www.radiationnetwork.com/

Government issued head pats from Harper and government bodies are very disconcerting and typical of cover up which is historically true to government behaviour with nuclear accidents. Discouraging Canadians from acquiring Potassium Iodide is worse than recommending people dont wear seatbelts.  The US Surgeon General advised Americans to obtain Potassium Iodide.

Credibility is a bad thing to sacrifice.

Sincerely,

charrington

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 09:37:20 pm »
Way to call them out.

Offline Freeski

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2011, 09:44:48 pm »
Awesome Grapecrusher! I just hit them with this:

Dear CBC,

The possibility of a cataclysmic radiation scenario is underway and you, as a billion-dollar publicly funded agency of the government of Canada have a moral and ethical DUTY to keep us Canadians informed of the truth. You need to stop all other programming and devote ALL of your resources to what is actually of concern to Canadians, and the rest of the world. Use your publicly-funded resources to figure out what is going on, what is the threat, where the threat is and what we can do to protect ourselves in the event that deadly radiation makes its way to North America. We want and demand NOTHING but the truth! Do your job!

Offline grapecrusher1

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2011, 10:03:36 pm »
Way to call them out.
thx

Awesome Grapecrusher! I just hit them with this:

Dear CBC,

The possibility of a cataclysmic radiation scenario is underway and you, as a billion-dollar publicly funded agency of the government of Canada have a moral and ethical DUTY to keep us Canadians informed of the truth. You need to stop all other programming and devote ALL of your resources to what is actually of concern to Canadians, and the rest of the world. Use your publicly-funded resources to figure out what is going on, what is the threat, where the threat is and what we can do to protect ourselves in the event that deadly radiation makes its way to North America. We want and demand NOTHING but the truth! Do your job!
Nice, We have to hammer them.  I believe this is the most serious issue in my lifetime.

I spoke for about 30 minutes with a woman at the Canadian Center for Disease Control, who was well ranked, and she said my call was important as they sought feedback from the public.  She also insinuated that it empowered them to action when dealing with problematic superiors like Kendall.  Instead of saying I think we should reveal out radiation detection to the public she can say we should reveal our detection because the public demands it and ......

I went back a couple of times to dilute the aggressiveness of my message and deleted my comment about idiot-boy, Harper entirely.

Offline grapecrusher1

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2011, 01:46:19 pm »
Latest letter to Health Canada, after 2 calls to the Minister of Health's office in Ottawa, after attacking Dr. Perry "I no nothing about this field yet make statements on the government of Canada's behalf" Kendall's office with questions that all went unanswered.

Hello Health Canada,

I am very concerned about this blanket comment you have issued on the 17th of March:
Information Update: No radiation at harmful levels will reach Canada

Questions??
What is a safe level of radiation? (microseverts or rads)
Where are your monitoring detection devices? what are your current readings? and where can I as a Canadian citizen source that information?
Why is Dr. Kendall, who has zero background in this field acting as the spokesperson on the Canadian governments behalf?  and issuing statements "there is nothing to worry about" when Fukushima is experiencing Total meltdown and we are directly downwind?
Thank You for your Response

Offline Polaris

Offline infowarrior_039

• explosions in the sky
    • Truth Archive
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2011, 02:03:31 pm »
its been melting down for days now. why do they keep saying its "imminent". this is insane.

Offline Peerless

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2011, 03:41:56 pm »
the official story from Japan is now they are comparing this to Three Mile Island in severity...

WTF????????????

erm...Three Mile Island had a partial meltdown which was completely contained in the primary vessel...yep, they released some steam to blow off some pressure...

ermmm...hasn't Fukushima gone WAY beyond that, and been beyond that for days now?????