Author Topic: US Cyber Command Uses Japan Crisis as Excuse for Using Internet Kill Switch  (Read 2931 times)

Offline dhcplatz5000

• Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
I just read an article on CNN that the US is blocking or shutting off sites such as Amazon, YouTube, and MTV in order to help Japan recover...

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/03/15/us.military.websites/index.html?hpt=Sbin

Is this part of Obama's plan to take over the internet and suppress more of our freedoms?

Offline Zed

Re: Large corporate websites are being shut down while Japan recovers...
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 12:26:53 am »
had a feeling that was going on with the total lack of any new photos or video clips for the last 2 days.
"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." 101 Things to Do 'Til the Revolution

Offline agentbluescreen

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 01:13:44 am »
Well when you re free to torture servicemen in prison why not make the rest of them sleep in the stockades too.

Offline eddy64

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 08:20:31 am »
probably just servers being shutdown in japan to save power, i know they shut down the final fantasy servers for a week.  some big companies are shutting down for a week or a few days and theres rolling blackouts going on.

Offline kita

• Action is the ONLY answer!
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 01:08:58 pm »
Sorry, I'm somewhat new to this whole Alex Jones / Prison Planet thing... your signature has "101 Things to do until the Revolution" what Revolution are you referring to?
Its from a  book.I havent read this one though,so i dont know what its like.

http://www.amazon.com/101-Things-Til-Revolution-Self-Liberation/dp/189362613X
ONLY answer to God,for God is Good, honest and just.God is the one,we'll have to answer to one day for our actions in the here and now -DO NOT DOUBT IT!

Offline Optimus

• Globalist Destroyer
  • Global Moderator
    • GlobalGulag.com
Military Blocks High-Volume Websites as Precaution After Japan Quake

By Sara Sorcher
Tuesday, March 15, 2011 | 2:22 p.m.

Fearing shortages of bandwidth might inhibit military operations after the earthquake and tsunami in Japan, U.S. Cyber Command blocked some commercial websites that generally use “extraordinary bandwidth,” a spokesman said on Tuesday.

The partial cyber ban was imposed at the request of U.S. Pacific Command and is a “regional action,” a Cyber Command spokesman told National Journal. It affects websites like Amazon, YouTube, ESPN, eBay, and other “recreational websites... that have low mission impact,” the spokesman said. Social-media websites were not restricted.

More: http://www.nationaljournal.com/nationalsecurity/military-blocks-high-volume-websites-as-precaution-after-japan-quake-20110315
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people,
it's an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” – Patrick Henry

>>> Global Gulag Media & Forum <<<

Offline eddy64

i stand corrected, but why would the usa limit japans use of bandwidth?.  i cant see the us military using that much, unless its to stop posting of videos and other details of the usa's armed forces activities in japan.

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
i stand corrected, but why would the usa limit japans use of bandwidth?.  i cant see the us military using that much, unless its to stop posting of videos and other details of the usa's armed forces activities in japan.

Bingo.
And  the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, 
Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren,  ye have done it unto me.

Matthew 25:40