Author Topic: Winston Churchill thought French Resistance leader was an asshole  (Read 22971 times)

Offline sheree

Um, not to take a dump on anyone's parade, but wasn't it Alister Crowley and Winston Churchill who came up with the whole "V for Victory" thing?

Bio of Alister Crowley

I don't know whether to congratulate you guys on your sudden open-mindedness to matters of the occult or pity you for your utter stupidity in not realizing where this whole sigil came from.

"Crowley was notorious in his life—a frequent target of attacks in the tabloid press, which labeled him "The Wickedest Man in the World" to his evident amusement. The claims made about him by the press range from the realistic (if scandalous at the time)—that he was an avowed atheist(anyone who has ever read his writings knows this realistic view is false and perpetuated by Crowley who in 777 & Other Qabalistic Writings makes it painfully clear that an atheist is as equally blind and stunted to that of the dogmatist; The Method Of Science, the Aim of Religion is what Crowley synthesized in his works of Magick), openly kept mistresses, and had favored the Germans in World War I—to the apparently ridiculous (that he sacrificed hundreds of babies in black magic rituals). ..Crowley despised Mussolini and in his many writings of the Equinox he reveals that he also worked in the United States as an agent of England to help reveal the latent German fascist support within the United States, at that time. When asking Scotland Yard if Crowley was an agent they always distanced themselves from him, due in no small part to Crowley being viceral towards the frigid and bigotted social views Victorian England exhibited throughout the first half of the twentieth century. The Book of Wisdom and Folly, written in 1918 while in New York stands today as one of the most erudite pieces of mysticism ever written. It has been disputed by many when Crowley layed claim to giving Churchill the mystical V for Victory sigil to help thwart Hitler's Occult practices that were targeted against Churchill and England, during WWII. This should come as no surprise that Crowley would not be given credit for such work considering England was in the midst of transitioning itself as being a staunchly dogmatic nation to a more secular nation. Aleister reveled in pushing the envelope of his day. "

Offline Freeski

Re: V for Victory Posters
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 12:16:21 am »
Um, not to take a dump on anyone's parade, but wasn't it Alister Crowley and Winston Churchill who came up with the whole "V for Victory" thing?

Bio of Alister Crowley

I don't know whether to congratulate you guys on your sudden open-mindedness to matters of the occult or pity you for your utter stupidity in not realizing where this whole sigil came from.

"Crowley was notorious in his life—a frequent target of attacks in the tabloid press, which labeled him "The Wickedest Man in the World" to his evident amusement. The claims made about him by the press range from the realistic (if scandalous at the time)—that he was an avowed atheist(anyone who has ever read his writings knows this realistic view is false and perpetuated by Crowley who in 777 & Other Qabalistic Writings makes it painfully clear that an atheist is as equally blind and stunted to that of the dogmatist; The Method Of Science, the Aim of Religion is what Crowley synthesized in his works of Magick), openly kept mistresses, and had favored the Germans in World War I—to the apparently ridiculous (that he sacrificed hundreds of babies in black magic rituals). ..Crowley despised Mussolini and in his many writings of the Equinox he reveals that he also worked in the United States as an agent of England to help reveal the latent German fascist support within the United States, at that time. When asking Scotland Yard if Crowley was an agent they always distanced themselves from him, due in no small part to Crowley being viceral towards the frigid and bigotted social views Victorian England exhibited throughout the first half of the twentieth century. The Book of Wisdom and Folly, written in 1918 while in New York stands today as one of the most erudite pieces of mysticism ever written. It has been disputed by many when Crowley layed claim to giving Churchill the mystical V for Victory sigil to help thwart Hitler's Occult practices that were targeted against Churchill and England, during WWII. This should come as no surprise that Crowley would not be given credit for such work considering England was in the midst of transitioning itself as being a staunchly dogmatic nation to a more secular nation. Aleister reveled in pushing the envelope of his day. "

So, are you saying the V For Victory campaign (meaning the war for freedom) is a bad idea?

Actually, who gives a shit about Crowley, we will be Victorious and He has no claim on the letter V.
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline MonkeyPuppet

• aut libertas aut mors
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 12:18:10 am »

Bio of Alister Crowley

The letter V is not an occult letter.  The color red is not, either.  As for anyone coining a phrase, I see no issue with embracing an otherwise obvious statement for a good cause.  If we were to allow the mere use of letters or words to be stricken from the language due to some tyrant or psychopath having used them in the past, we would certainly have nothing left to say.

Sorry, but using a letter, word or phrase does not automatically mean we're channeling the evil that was tyrants of old.  If this is what these symbols, letters, words and phrases bring about in your mind, perhaps you should look in the mirror for the one deserved of pity.

Income Tax: Shattering The Myths
w w w . original intent . o r g

The 1911 in .45 ACP... don't leave home without it!  Safety first!!

Offline LoboNWO

KILLER CAMPAIGN... I prefer good ol spray paint tho!
VICTORY!!!
Growing up, we had 13 channels on the TV. Cable brought us hundreds of channels. The internet has brought us millions of channels- and now we each get one of our own! What are you broadcasting on your network??

Offline Eckhart Tolle

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 08:43:33 am »
VICTORY!!!

No, It's not V for Vandalism.

Just posters, flyers, etc..

carlee

Re: I'm Paranoid About the Letter "V" in AJ's Poster Champaign
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 11:40:16 am »
Please be aware of what "v" really symbolises ]  

Offline Nixxonsprodigy

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 11:48:42 am »
That may be what others see it symbolizing, but V is a letter in our vocabulary. It does not matter what view some occultists, etc. had used it to symbolize, it is what We as freemen choose to use to symbolize.  Good triumphs over evil, this is our symbol.

Offline Freeski

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 11:54:06 am »
That may be what others see it symbolizing, but V is a letter in our vocabulary. It does not matter what view some occultists, etc. had used it to symbolize, it is what We as freemen choose to use to symbolize.  Good triumphs over evil, this is our symbol.

Yep, WE decide what it means.
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

carlee

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 12:10:10 pm »
  FURKA

The furka or "fork" was the cross on which the Egyptian god Set was  crucified.  He also carried the reed scepter in token of sacred kingship and was wounded in the side. As the original of the biblical Seth, the "supplanter" of the GOOD Shepherd (Abel, or Horus-Osiris), Set ruled the alternating halves of the year in Egypt's predynastic sacred-king clult.     The Christian version of the sacrificial sacred-king figure also copied a number of details from the archaic worship of Set.  The Ass that Jesus rode into Jerusalem."as it is written" (John 12:14), was the totem animal and sometimes alter ego of Set, and probably the same steed ridden by men who impersonated him at the time of his seasonal sacrifices, two thousand years earlier. Annual rebirth of the world was said to be achieved by the blood of Set, which was spread over the fields.

Offline Optimus

• Globalist Destroyer
  • Global Moderator
    • GlobalGulag.com
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 12:37:47 pm »
Alright now, in the case of the letter "V" being an occultic symbol, that is the case with the NWO and their occult nutjobs. But in this case in this campaign...

It is ONLY the letter "V"! Nothing more, nothing less!

V is for Victory!
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people,
it's an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” – Patrick Henry

>>> Global Gulag Media & Forum <<<

carlee

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 12:38:01 pm »

Offline MonkeyPuppet

• aut libertas aut mors
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2011, 12:39:03 pm »

Alright now, in the case of the letter "V" being an occultic symbol, that is the case with the NWO and their occult nutjobs. But in this case in this campaign...

V is for Victory!

+1  ;D

EvadingGrid

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2011, 12:46:05 pm »
Please be aware of what "v" really symbolises ]

carlee

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2011, 12:56:24 pm »
The complement of a pure magic hexagram is formed in this way: if x is the number assigned to a vertex v, then the complement has 13 - x assigned to the same vertex.
"V" =The sign of Apophis and Typhon.             http://books.google.com/books?id=u0uHNX5c9i4C&pg=PA314&lpg=PA314&dq=Apophis+and+Typhon+(V):&source=bl&ots=piNy16Sj2L&sig=b-vxRVi47K4nZfl3Q-H8ewc0DwA&hl=en&ei=1Sc7Te28LIvSsAOh74GhAw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=9&ved=0CEUQ6AEwCA#v=onepage&q=Apophis%20and%20Typhon%20(V)%3A&f=false   why is the movie "v" being pushed on us?   what is it about v? 

Offline Optimus

• Globalist Destroyer
  • Global Moderator
    • GlobalGulag.com
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2011, 12:59:25 pm »
http://www.fema.gov/about/regions/regionv/   what does "V"  ?

Why are you hijacking these threads about the V campaign posters and trying to connect them to occult symbolism and FEMA Region 5 (V)?

It is simply the letter "V" which stands for Victory with peaceful resistance to tyranny.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people,

Offline MonkeyPuppet

• aut libertas aut mors
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2011, 01:01:43 pm »

That's right, folks.  Never use the letter "V" again!!

Words you can no longer use

carlee

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2011, 01:02:56 pm »
      cause its in our face

carlee

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2011, 01:04:13 pm »

use it with care  ;)

Offline MonkeyPuppet

• aut libertas aut mors
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2011, 01:06:09 pm »

use it with care  ;)

Alrighty then...

Please get that sand out of your Vagina!!

EvadingGrid

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2011, 01:06:56 pm »
     cause its in our face

Did you forget to take your medication today or did you simply have your common sense surgically removed as an elective decision ?

carlee

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2011, 01:09:39 pm »

The "V" Sign
   http://members.tripod.com/~RU_BOLD/occult_practices.html

And here's another famous sign out of the 60's and 70's, also making a stong come back now. Which has always equated with the above symbol; peace. But the true meaning of this "V" sign goes way back to the 18th century Illuminati. This symbol represents the fulfillment of Illuminist founder Adam Weishaupt's satanic "Law of Fives".   

Offline Dok

• end times and current events
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2011, 01:12:49 pm »

V is for Victory!

temporal power and apostolic succession?

HOW TO BE SAVED
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/how_to_be_saved.html

Ye Must Be Born Again!
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Basics/ye_must_be_born_again.htm

True Salvation & the TRUE Gospel/Good News!
http://www.contendingfortruth.com/?p=1060

how to avoid censorship ;)

carlee

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2011, 01:20:52 pm »
  By Their Fruit You Shall Know Them   Matthew 7:16

Offline Optimus

• Globalist Destroyer
  • Global Moderator
    • GlobalGulag.com
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2011, 01:32:14 pm »

Ban Roman numerals too!

Offline Optimus

• Globalist Destroyer
  • Global Moderator
    • GlobalGulag.com
VICTORY!!!

V is not for Vandalism either..

No spray painting and ruining another person's property.

It's about getting the information out with posters , flyers, etc..

I know people here are not stupid, I just wanted to clarify before the propaganda hits..  We don't wear masks , burn dumpsters and throw bottles at the cops.

We are Law abiding Citizens just informing others of a Dangerous tyrannical Government.

This is our See Something Tyrannical, Say Something Campaign

Offline Optimus

• Globalist Destroyer
  • Global Moderator
    • GlobalGulag.com
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2011, 01:49:10 pm »
temporal power and apostolic succession?

Can you elaborate? I don't understand your question.

Offline Dok

• end times and current events
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2011, 01:57:29 pm »
Can you elaborate? I don't understand your question.

I was just joining in on the fun.  :)

but, since you asked,  ;D

temporal power and apostolic succession are the 2 pillars that the pope uses to stay in power. That is why you see him with 2 fingers up.

temporal power is how the Popes stole the Roman empire and what they use to claim the rest of the world as their own.

apostolic succession is based on the myth that Peter was the first pope and that all popes afterward follow in his foot steps and have full control from Peter.

ha! imagine that, Thanx Citizenx,

In the pic is the Pope, he has the 2 fingers up, also in the back ground is the 2 pillars, "temporal power and apostolic succession". Under him is the keys to the kingdom.
HOW TO BE SAVED
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/how_to_be_saved.html

Ye Must Be Born Again!
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Basics/ye_must_be_born_again.htm

True Salvation & the TRUE Gospel/Good News!
http://www.contendingfortruth.com/?p=1060

how to avoid censorship ;)

Offline citizenx

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2011, 01:59:36 pm »

The "V" Sign
   http://members.tripod.com/~RU_BOLD/occult_practices.html

And here's another famous sign out of the 60's and 70's, also making a stong come back now. Which has always equated with the above symbol; peace. But the true meaning of this "V" sign goes way back to the 18th century Illuminati. Thisious symbol represents the fulfillment of Illuminist founder Adam Weishaupt's satanic "Law of Fives".   
OK, so what is the law of fives then?

Not familiar.

(I think the contest is innocent enough.  I'm just curious.)

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
Re: Winston Churchill thought French Resistance leader was an asshole
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2011, 02:32:20 pm »

Bio of Alister Crowley

I think Churchill tried to claim ownership of anything that was a good talking point. Kind of like Bush. But, in actuality, Churchill did not support the French Resistance leadership because they were waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much into freedom for all individuals. Definitely not one of Churchill's goals:

But Churchill disliked French resistance leader, Charles de Gaulle. In June 1943, he wrote in a notebook his assessment of de Gaulle: "Greatest living barrier to reunion and restoration of France; insensate ambition."
http://www.school-for-champions.com/biographies/churchill3.htm

Charles de Gaulle was the main driving force in introducing the new constitution and inaugurating the Fifth Republic, while the text was drafted by Michel Debré. The preamble of the constitution recalls the Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen from 1789 and establishes France as a secular and democratic republic, deriving its sovereignty from the people.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitution_of_France
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2011, 02:44:44 pm »
More on the work of the French Resistance:

Charles de Gaulle, London and the Resistance, 1940-2010
Institut Français, London, 16-17 June 2010
16th June – Round Table Discussion
http://web.me.com/matthewcobb/Site/Programme_files/18June1940.pdf
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline dtk

• "less than 3 percent of you people read books"
    • prison planet
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2011, 03:12:03 pm »
I see both positive and negative effects from this campaign.

in light of the shooting in Tuscon, theirs now a push to 'stop the vitriol'. which is solely dependent on the users opinion or interpretation of what 'vitriol' is, is.
DHS is asking to report anyone you see acting suspicious. we know history, and where this leads.

I call this tyranny or if you will extreme heavy handed bureaucracy.
same story all the time 'Civil Libertarians' come to rescue while everyone else is watching Jersey Shore and can't wait to spy on their neighbors. I can just see Snookie now... trying to report a juice head on the boardwalk

some will try to define this peaceful 'infordrop' "V" campaign as inflaming an already delicate situation.
The news will either ignore it or sensationalize it with demonetization attempts on those who would simply like to send a wake up call.

When john q see the poster he will either choose to remain on the couch watching football and worshiping whatever government takes office. Or start researching, how fractional reserve banking works for example. how both sides of our government has been taken over by federal reserve and the military industrial complex not to mention wall street. since 1913.

the research on symbolism will also be dabbed in and produce an even greater understanding on how things like the bohemian grove. CFR and skull and bones are not only players on the stage but script writers and producers

how much effect the 'V' symbol will have is up to you.
The interpretation of V is also up to the individual.
that's the beauty about liberty. not the kind that forces illegal wars on poor foreign countries.
the ability of all people to live without government interference in our lives.

"Freedom is not defined by safety. Freedom is defined by the ability of citizens to live without government interference. Government cannot create a world without risks, nor would we really wish to live in such a fictional place. Only a totalitarian society would even claim absolute safety as a worthy ideal, because it would require total state control over its citizens’ lives. Liberty has meaning only if we still believe in it when terrible things happen and a false government security blanket beckons."
— Ron Paul

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2011, 03:31:01 pm »
I see both positive and negative effects from this campaign.

in light of the shooting in Tuscon, theirs now a push to 'stop the vitriol'. which is solely dependent on the users opinion or interpretation of what 'vitriol' is, is.
DHS is asking to report anyone you see acting suspicious. we know history, and where this leads.

I call this tyranny or if you will extreme heavy handed bureaucracy.
same story all the time 'Civil Libertarians' come to rescue while everyone else is watching Jersey Shore and can't wait to spy on their neighbors. I can just see Snookie now... trying to report a juice head on the boardwalk

some will try to define this peaceful 'infordrop' "V" campaign as inflaming an already delicate situation.
The news will either ignore it or sensationalize it with demonetization attempts on those who would simply like to send a wake up call.

When john q see the poster he will either choose to remain on the couch watching football and worshiping whatever government takes office. Or start researching, how fractional reserve banking works for example. how both sides of our government has been taken over by federal reserve and the military industrial complex not to mention wall street. since 1913.

the research on symbolism will also be dabbed in and produce an even greater understanding on how things like the bohemian grove. CFR and skull and bones are not only players on the stage but script writers and producers

how much effect the 'V' symbol will have is up to you.
The interpretation of V is also up to the individual.
that's the beauty about liberty. not the kind that forces illegal wars on poor foreign countries.
the ability of all people to live without government interference in our lives.

"Freedom is not defined by safety. Freedom is defined by the ability of citizens to live without government interference. Government cannot create a world without risks, nor would we really wish to live in such a fictional place. Only a totalitarian society would even claim absolute safety as a worthy ideal, because it would require total state control over its citizens’ lives. Liberty has meaning only if we still believe in it when terrible things happen and a false government security blanket beckons."
— Ron Paul

nicely put