Author Topic: A Powerful Peaceful Weapon  (Read 1363 times)

Offline trailhound

A Powerful Peaceful Weapon
« on: December 23, 2007, 10:10:31 am »
I have never been so excited about anything. This is what we need in the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9jdIm7grCY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sohI6vnWZmk

When things happen in threes i tend to notice the program. A program for freedom is emerging. The three things i am referring to are self sustaining homes, the Lakota land, and the Ron Paul Revolution.

If you watched most of the earthship vids linked above you learned that the builders of these structures run into political obstacles often. BS regulations hinder people from taking care of themselves in many instances. It's shaping up now that the indian reservations and third world countries can take the lead on independent sustainable living due to their less restrictive govt. The cost of these structures is minimal. Most tire places will pay you to take old tires away for them.

Wouldnt it be the biggest slap n the face to the establishment if we all stopped consuming their crap and started really taking care of ourselves? Wouldnt it be nice to produce all your necessities on your own piece of dirt? Are you aware that we could turn the desert in New Mexico into the garden of eden? Talk about a peaceful revolution here you go. I have been making some designs on my home. I want to at least start growing my own food year round. I also want to collect,clean, and manage my own water. Then if i could just get my wife to move to the country...

"Do not let your hatred of a people incite you to aggression." Qur'an 5:2
At the heart of that Western freedom and democracy is the belief that the individual man, the child of God, is the touchstone of value..." -RFK

Offline Sonja

Re: A Powerful Peaceful Weapon
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 11:33:48 am »
I live here and know the Earthship guys, theyve been building earth ships for 15 years. They are no longer cheap, now they are multi-million dollar homes but very beautiful.
You can come and do internships to learn how to build yourself. Also, if you want to work they ask you to do several days for free and if they think you work hard enough they will hire you. You can learn how to build your own home this way. Most ships are built about 20 miles north of Taos so you need transportation.

There has been some concerns raised about tire degradation hence internal air pollution but so far its too early to tell and the guys think its going to be ok, but no one really knows. Otherwise, many many homes around are built with these principles, even some of my own outer garden walls were built with cans. You can learn to build strawbale homes, install solar power, off grid living, grey and black water reusability anywhere around here in NM also. We are the sustainability capitol of the US.
We have the only Solar powered radio station in the world.
Words may show a man's wit but actions his meaning.

Offline sid

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 04:52:16 pm »
Been a little over 16 years since I last worked on an earthship.  Man, they are labor intensive.  If you're over 30 think straw bale instead.

Offline trailhound

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 06:36:57 pm »

You dont have to use tires and you dont have to build an "earthship."

The exciting thing is managing water, greening desert, growing food, and producing energy in one residential square. If you can do these things you can comfortably drop out of the system.

"Do not let your hatred of a people incite you to aggression." Qur'an 5:2
At the heart of that Western freedom and democracy is the belief that the individual man, the child of God, is the touchstone of value..." -RFK