Author Topic: Books about modern eugenics?  (Read 2783 times)

Offline g1rlg0ne

• Charly
Books about modern eugenics?
« on: November 30, 2010, 04:29:37 pm »
Can any of you recommend any recent books pertaining to modern eugenics and the involvement of people like Bill Gates?
My mother was just praising Buffett for pledging to give his money away. She's woken up about so much in the past couple of years (I'm so glad she is open to this stuff) and I want her to know that these people are not doing it for the reasons they say they are.

Thanks in advance!

Offline Scarbo

Re: Books about modern eugenics?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 06:25:09 pm »
A good place to start, to get the history of it, is a book called War Against The Weak.

Offline BranstonPickle

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 06:48:12 pm »
A good place to start, to get the history of it, is a book called War Against The Weak.

+100.

http://www.waragainsttheweak.com/

It is cheapest on Amazon, but I refuse to use that sick group anymore.  It is a few $$ more at Borders.

Borders also shows a few more titles being released soon, which a more modern twist.  Just do a search on eugenics.

War Against the Weak does not give you the present day element, but it is a solid foundation to build on, and a highly recommended starting point.

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 07:11:00 pm »
Can any of you recommend any recent books pertaining to modern eugenics and the involvement of people like Bill Gates?

Although not a book, you can start by listening to Bill Gates discussing the need for death panels...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03MZG9vK0W8&feature=player_embedded#!

"Is spending a million dollars on that last three months of life for that patient -- would it be better not to lay off those ten teachers - and to make that trade-off in medical costs? But that's what's called the 'death panel', ah, and you're not supposed to have that discussion."
- Bill Gates
Aspen Conference 2010

While they were discussing the health care legislation, they said that wacky conspiracy theorists were making up lies about 'death panels'. Then, in August, we find Bill Gates talking about death panels. They exist, we knew they existed, it's part of depopulation, and one of Bill's missions.

And  the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, 
Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren,  ye have done it unto me.

Matthew 25:40

Offline Brocke

• Eleutherophiliac & Drapetomaniac
  • Global Moderator
  • I am not a number, I am a free man!
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 07:53:15 pm »

Eugenics in 20th Century Biology Textbooks

http://www.textbookhistory.com/?p=31

List of 80 textbooks published between 1907 and 1969

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
~Aldous Huxley

He who has a why to live can bear almost any how. - ~Friedrich Nietzsche