Author Topic: Man Invents Machine To Convert Plastic Into Oil  (Read 14251 times)

Online Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
    • JACKSON HOLLY'S OLD HOME PLACE
Man Invents Machine To Convert Plastic Into Oil
« on: November 09, 2010, 08:29:27 am »

http://www.flixxy.com/convert-plastic-to-oil.htm

We all need one of these! The best incentive EVER for cleaning up the plastic!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Man Invents Machine To Convert Plastic Into Oil

In an efficient and safe effort to save us from the ill-effects of plastic waste, Akinori Ito has developed a machine which converts plastic back into oil.

The machine produced in various sizes, for both industrial and home uses, can easily transform a kilogram of plastic waste into a liter of oil, using about 1 kilowatt of electricity but without emitting CO2 in the process. The machine uses a temperature controlling electric heater instead of flames, processing anything from polyethylene or polystyrene to polypropylene (numbers 2-4).  Comment: 1 kg of plastic produces one liter of oil, which costs $1.50. This process uses only about 1 kilowatt of electricity, which costs less than 20 cents! 

~~~~~~~~~~

St. Augustine: -The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it.
Let it loose; it will defend itself.-

Offline Dok

• end times and current events
Re: Man Invents Machine To Convert Plastic Into Oil
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 08:44:34 am »
thats neat, but im a little worried about the UN Universities.
HOW TO BE SAVED
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/how_to_be_saved.html

Ye Must Be Born Again!
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Basics/ye_must_be_born_again.htm

True Salvation & the TRUE Gospel/Good News!
http://www.contendingfortruth.com/?p=1060

how to avoid censorship ;)

EvadingGrid

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 08:52:17 am »
Nice idea...

BUT that would mean waste plastic was actualy usefull and economic.
They will not like or allow that to happen ....

Offline redeux

• I challenge any NWO member to a fist fight
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 09:01:39 am »
It looks quiet easy to make..... a heat source a pressure vessel and an appropriately sized orifice to bleed off the gas.......
Protect your manhood, demand Testosterone..........

charrington

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 09:24:38 am »
thats neat, but im a little worried about the UN Universities.
The one that bothered me the most was one of Clinton's top advisers made a machine to convert waste into oil -- he also mentioned that you can put humans into it and get a can of oil. That was no joke either.

Anyone else ever see that? I'll have to try and find that again.

Offline iks83

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 05:07:36 am »
1st its nothing new. Its actually rather old. And there are many machines out there that can do it and not just with plastic. http://www.alphakat.de/temp/index.php   wohoo they updated their site!

2nd... one kilo plastic to one liter oil? yeah right... that would be like a 1:1 conversion rate. If you believe that then I have a free engery generator to sell for you.

Offline redeux

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 07:36:30 am »
2nd... one kilo plastic to one liter oil? yeah right... that would be like a 1:1 conversion rate. If you believe that then I have a free engery generator to sell for you.

Thermal Degradation of Polymer Materials, which is the authority research level textbook on this subject, states;

For Polystyrene
"A TG study of waste expanded polystyrene and general-purpose PS revealed that pyrolysis is activated
around 380 °C and the rate of thermal degradation was maximal at 430 °C [a.378].
Maximum styrene selectivity (75 wt%) with oil yield (95 wt%) was achieved during the
pyrolysis of waste expanded polystyrene at 450 °C."

Other Plastics
"Thermal degradation of plastics such as PE, PVC, PET and their mixtures (PE + PVC and
PE + PET) has been studied at 430 °C by batch operation to analyse the conversion of
waste plastics into fuel oil [a.399]. Products of degradation were classifi ed into the three
groups of gases, liquids and residues in the reactor. The degradation of PE produced liquid
products that consisted of a C5–C25 fraction of hydrocarbons with a yield of 70 wt%
. On
the other hand, the degradation of PVC produced only 4.7 wt% liquid products, which
consisted of a C5–C20 fraction of hydrocarbons; while the degradation of PET produced no
liquid products.
"

The mean % yield for PE and PS is 85%..... so it can NEVER be a 1 kg to 1 liter conversion....

So you can't make fuel from PETE plastics which are indicated by symbol.

PET or PETE contains Endocrine Disruptor's.....

PET is all soda bottles, most if not all water bottles as well as some liquor bottles along with a variety of other food bottles and trays. PET can be melted and drawn out into long fibers and recycled into carpets, fiberfill for jackets, and fabric for T-shirts and shopping bags which unfortunately cannot be recycled.

Be aware that Coca Cola only uses 3 percent recycled PET in their bottles. BOYCOTT COCA COLA PRODUCTS.......http://www.thecoca-colacompany.com/brands/brandlist.html

The following is from this:http://www.napcor.com/pdf/2009_Report.pdf

"The negative growth in PET bottles and jars sold in the United States (U.S.), first seen in 2008, continued through 2009. The same “perfect storm” conditions reported in
2008 were in play again in 2009; poor weather, the weak economy, and dietary concerns all contributed to significant loss of sales in the beverage category, particularly in the
isotonic drinks segment."

"in 2009, 1,400 MMLBS collected (recyclable), 5,149 MMLBS on shelves, 28% Gross recycling"

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE CHOICES WE MAKE......

So in short this "Device" which as stated before is not new, and cannot deal with the real problem and that is PET containers is associated with the UN University.. so in short it is total bullshit........

Online Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2010, 07:40:00 am »
1st its nothing new. Its actually rather old. And there are many machines out there that can do it and not just with plastic. http://www.alphakat.de/temp/index.php   wohoo they updated their site!

I just glanced at the ALPHAKAT site, but isn't their equipment industrial size and
for producing biofuel from organic materials?

The beauty of the Ito machine is that it is 'counter-top' size, easy and inexpensive,
very handy for an individual or small group to use to generate fuel and clean up
a mess of plastic at the same time. The way it is now, we the people 'give away'
our valuable plastics ... in fact are forced by law in some areas ... to 'recycle'
or return it to the plastics industry. HEY! We pay for those containers in the price of
the product!

Online Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 08:09:00 am »

REDEUX:
So in short this "Device" which as stated before is not new, and cannot deal with the real problem and that is PET containers is associated with the UN University.. so in short it is total bullshit........

http://ourworld.unu.edu/en/plastic-to-oil-fantastic/

I'm no plastics expert ... and you may be right, it is a hoax. But I do
not believe it is, and they do confirm that their machine does not
break down PET products:

QUOTE:
The machines are able to process polyethylene, polystyrene and
polypropylene (numbers 2-4) but not PET bottles (number 1).

I hope that this is a sensible and positive direction to go in personal
energy needs ... that the time is approaching when households can convert
plastics and other refuse into a good percentage of those needs.

Plastics manufacturers could be forced by law to only produce products
easily converted into usable gases for home and/or car.

Offline redeux

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2010, 08:21:59 am »
REDEUX:
http://ourworld.unu.edu/en/plastic-to-oil-fantastic/

I'm no plastics expert ... and you may be right, it is a hoax. But I do
not believe it is, and they do confirm that their machine does not
break down PET products:

QUOTE:
The machines are able to process polyethylene, polystyrene and
polypropylene (numbers 2-4) but not PET bottles (number 1).

I hope that this is a sensible and positive direction to go in personal
energy needs ... that the time is approaching when households can convert
plastics and other refuse into a good percentage of those needs.

Plastics manufacturers could be forced by law to only produce products
easily converted into usable gases for home and/or car.

I am not saying it is a hoax.... what I am saying is that the machine is not capable to handle the majority of plastic used in homes today.... that is PET....... start checking what type plastic you use you will see a majority is PET..........

Offline iskdude57

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 01:58:08 pm »
this "japanese technology" isn't anything new and is probably over 100 years old.  In China they already have plants that do this with any garbage, as they use garbage as a fuel source for the heat they generate.  They burn all garbage too, and it's so hot that it burns the smoke that would normally be toxic waste so it's not emitting much pollution.  I forget the link but I believe I saw this on popular science magazine...  It's actually very rudimentary science...  Don't forget that they own the university system, probably, as JFK pointed out in his speech...