Author Topic: SCOTUS corrupt? Of course. How would you fix it?  (Read 8301 times)

Offline iclozm

• Chris Yuhas Wordpress Page
SCOTUS corrupt? Of course. How would you fix it?
« on: October 04, 2010, 02:31:23 pm »
How would you clean up the SCOTUS? I for one still believe in the Constitution, and here's what I think would put the SCOTUS in check:

1) I believe that first and foremost that the interpretive powers of the Constitution by the SCOTUS should have a check and balance. One of the major landmark rulings for the Supreme Court was Marbury vs. Madison. The biggest aspect of this decision was the fact that the Supreme Court granted itself the interpretive powers of the Constitution. I believe that the State Supreme Courts should have the ability to convene and overrule the votes of 5 out of 9 people who granted themselves the power to interpret the Constitution, upon State Legislatures (50% of them) requesting a review/clarification of a particular SCOTUS ruling.

I believe that Article 5 of the Constitution should be amended to allow 1/2 of the State Legislatures to call upon the 50 State Supreme Courts, in a "Grand Court" or something to that effect, to review decisions of the SCOTUS with power to overrule their decisions and put the interpretive power of the Constitution back to the States without having to force an Amendment to the Constitution for each asinine ruling of the SCOTUS.

2) Limit all Federal Judges including the SCOTUS to 2 terms. Something like 4-6 years.

"The status quo is rationalized by a complacent majority, which refuses to see the obvious: that the state is nothing but an illusion created by a minority to live at others' expense." Dr. Jesus Huerta De Soto

http://www.myspace.com/at0m1k
http://chrisyuhas.wordpress.com

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
Re: SCOTUS corrupt? Of course. How would you fix it?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 03:41:06 pm »
How would you clean up the SCOTUS? I for one still believe in the Constitution, and here's what I think would put the SCOTUS in check:

1) I believe that first and foremost that the interpretive powers of the Constitution by the SCOTUS should have a check and balance. One of the major landmark rulings for the Supreme Court was Marbury vs. Madison. The biggest aspect of this decision was the fact that the Supreme Court granted itself the interpretive powers of the Constitution. I believe that the State Supreme Courts should have the ability to convene and overrule the votes of 5 out of 9 people who granted themselves the power to interpret the Constitution, upon State Legislatures (50% of them) requesting a review/clarification of a particular SCOTUS ruling.

I believe that Article 5 of the Constitution should be amended to allow 1/2 of the State Legislatures to call upon the 50 State Supreme Courts, in a "Grand Court" or something to that effect, to review decisions of the SCOTUS with power to overrule their decisions and put the interpretive power of the Constitution back to the States without having to force an Amendment to the Constitution for each asinine ruling of the SCOTUS.

2) Limit all Federal Judges including the SCOTUS to 2 terms. Something like 4-6 years.

I like the idea of limiting the term - I think 4-6 years is too short however. Maybe 12 years? or 10 years?

But having justices falling asleep at the bench; or otherwise suffering the effects of advanced age, is not helpful. Maybe we should have 'scotus emeritus' so that after age 80, they can sit on an advisory board and give suggestions.. leaving the voting seat open for someone who can handle the demands of the job. And let's make them read the constitution and quiz them on it before they get the job.

I feel the same way about Congress -- some of these guys are practically on life support and they keep showing up and collecting their paycheck until they get wheeled out on a gurney. COME ON! This is not a 'prize' - it's a job. It's all par for the course in a 'ceremonial' congress - e.g., wholly owned and operated by corporate interests... but if we have a chance to do this again, we have to lose that 'country club retirement home' aspect of congress and get some people in office who don't mind actually working for a living. (And reading bills before they sign them.)

And let's get someone who can write bills that can actually be read by humans.

And let's not allow any lobbyists anywhere NEAR the congress - in fact, make it a criminal offense to lobby representatives. Period.

Let's clean house and start fresh with a new set of representatives and justices who will be working for us, on our behalf. What a concept.

/rant
And  the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, 
Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren,  ye have done it unto me.

Matthew 25:40

Offline Newtype

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 09:40:29 am »
How about having the SCOTUS declare the draft unconstitutional in accordance with Amendment XIII?  I too like the idea of term limits for SCOTUS justices.

Offline Secretthoughts

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 01:39:26 pm »
there is nothing you can do when the entire congress is corrupt, and doesn't block these appointments by our puppet president.

The problem is money.  Money buys off everyone.  And the fact that we got a bunch of psychopathic perverts, who shame anyone who steps out of line with silly sex scandals.  They themselves,are into all this freakish bondage stuff you see on the internet, while at the same time, they sexually blackmail all our leaders.

Elena Kagan is most like a lesbian.  Obama is most likely a bisexual.  Roberts is supposedly gay, so is Breyers.   I don't really know about Sotomeyer, Ginsberg has said she's ok with homosexual pedophilia, with 5 year old kids or something along those lines.

Meanwhile, they indulge the police apparatus's power crazed appetite and use the threat of child molestors to justify breaking every constitutional right of average citizens.  We now have hidden cameras in our PARKS, because of homosexuals supposedly hooking up there.  When I call and report homosexuals though, they act like they couldn't care less.  

Probably the greatest, true thinker appointed to the Supreme Court in the past 50 years was Judge Bork at they rejected him.  his crime was being too rational.  Obedience is what they're looking for.

Offline jofortruth

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 01:52:49 pm »
Despicable comments by Justice Ginsberg: (They should have a term limit -10 years at most WITH A CLAUSE THAT IF THEY VIOLATE THEIR OATH, THEY GO HOME IMMEDIATELY. These people get by with anything they want to do because they sit for life. That is as disgusting as allowing Congressmen to sit for life and sleep in Congress while they press their vote button. TERM LIMITS FOR ALL! ALSO, START HOLDING THE SCUMBAGS ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR ACTIONS!)
http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Great_Deception/index.php?showtopic=6504

::)
Don't believe me. Look it up yourself!