Author Topic: Google uses eye tracking to improve search  (Read 5988 times)

Offline sharpsteve

• Twitter Me
Google uses eye tracking to improve search
« on: September 08, 2010, 06:22:19 pm »
From NBC. Eye tracking is mentioned at 1:55 in the clip. Is it just for testing or is this going to be integrated into search. Or... is it already being used?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032619/vp/39068673%2339068673

Offline Techpriest

Re: Google uses eye tracking to improve search
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 12:32:08 pm »
From what i can tell this was just for research and development. (the eye tracking tech has been around for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssss  it's not new.)

But yeah the NWO is doing this so soon all computer will have to have this so they can make sure we're looking at the ads and globalist propaganda. If you don't have this or you cover it up you wont be able to use the internet anymore. oh and you'll be fined. probably.

Offline birther truther tenther

• Against all forms of tyranny
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 01:16:39 pm »
I hated the instant search so much, I switched my homepage to google.com/advancedsearch

I normally use Boolean operators quite a bit anyway, so advanced search as default would make more sense.

I'm just glad Google kept the search toolbar extremely basic in the advanced search function, because I absolutely hate the suggestions.

wvoutlaw2002

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 03:01:25 pm »
I hated the instant search so much, I switched my homepage to google.com/advancedsearch

I normally use Boolean operators quite a bit anyway, so advanced search as default would make more sense.

I'm just glad Google kept the search toolbar extremely basic in the advanced search function, because I absolutely hate the suggestions.

I've made the switch to StartPage.

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 09:38:31 am »
http://justpiper.com/2010/05/29/

Soon, keeping your head down won’t be enough to stump high-tech security cameras, thanks to Pentagon-funded researchers developing mini-cameras that can nab threats by hunting down — and scanning — their eyeballs.

A team of electrical engineers at Southern Methodist University (SMU), led by Professor Marc Christensen, first created the cameras with funding from Darpa, the Pentagon’s research agency. Called Panoptes, the devices use low-resolution sensors to create a high-res image that can be captured using a lightweight, ultra-slim camera. Because they don’t use a lens, the cameras were originally designed for miniature drone sensors and troop helmet-cams.

Only a year later, the Pentagon is giving SMU another $1.6 million, to merge the cameras with active illumination and handheld Pico projection devices. This allows photos captured on small devices to be transformed for large-format viewing. Whereas the first goal of the program was to create slim cameras with the power of a lens, the latest technology “lets us do even more than what a lens could do,” Christensen told Danger Room.

“This platform is really just the base, upon which we’ll focus on different applications,” Christensen said. “Now, we’re enhancing resolution even more, so the images are a 3-D map with even better, more accurate details.”

The new devices will yield a robust 3-D image that’ll be useful for seeing in caves and dark urban areas, and for the creation of versatile “non-cooperative” iris-detection security cameras.
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately