Author Topic: * Cheney Interview 9-16-01 about 911 - A look back at his comments! Interesting!  (Read 4163 times)

Offline jofortruth

http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Great_Deception/index.php?showtopic=8501&hl=
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/nation/attacked/transcripts/cheney091601.html

How could he have known so much so soon after 911, yet not prevent it from happening?

Many other questions come to mind after reading this:

1) Didn't FBI Agent Robert Wright keep telling his superiors that these guys were training at flight schools, yet they ignored him? Cheney stated he knew men were training at local flight schools in this interview. This was only 5 days after 911. Don't you find this odd?

2) He says 19 guys were involved. How could he have known that so soon after.

3) Notice how he repeats some things that he says like how long the fight will be.

4) He says first thing how "things have changed and world has shifted".

5) You can find more interesting statements in this transcript and compare them to what we know now.
Don't believe me. Look it up yourself!

Xill

And plugging in Saddam Hussein only 5 days in, how convenient.

Offline jofortruth

And plugging in Saddam Hussein only 5 days in, how convenient.

Did you notice he said Saddam was not behind 911.

So why did they attack Iraq?

Offline America2

• Romans 10:9-10 King James Version
http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Great_Deception/index.php?showtopic=8501&hl=
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/nation/attacked/transcripts/cheney091601.html

How could he have known so much so soon after 911, yet not prevent it from happening?

Many other questions come to mind after reading this:

1) Didn't FBI Agent Robert Wright keep telling his superiors that these guys were training at flight schools, yet they ignored him? Cheney stated he knew men were training at local flight schools in this interview. This was only 5 days after 911. Don't you find this odd?

2) He says 19 guys were involved. How could he have known that so soon after.

3) Notice how he repeats some things that he says like how long the fight will be.

4) He says first thing how "things have changed and world has shifted".

5) You can find more interesting statements in this transcript and compare them to what we know now.

To boot - the MSM did one heck of a job stirring up a "Did Bill Clinton have plenty of chances in his 8 years to prevent this but didn't?" among other nonsense.

No wonder why people never saw the truth with this.

Offline grapecrusher1

A little off topic -- anyone know where I could find that clip where cheney is saying 911 "is his greatest achievement"?
"The meek shall inherit NOTHING" -- Zappa

Offline jofortruth

Cheney Interviews on Meet the Press - Bringing out more points and contradictions here:
http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Great_Deception/index.php?showtopic=8501&st=0

Offline jofortruth

A little off topic -- anyone know where I could find that clip where cheney is saying 911 "is his greatest achievement"?

Haven't seen that, but if you find it, please post it here!

Offline Freeski

I'd like to see that one too.
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline grapecrusher1

I'd like to see that one too.
From recollection.

Interviewer (maybe Charlie Rose):  So Dick what has been your greatest achievement to date?

Cheney (with pause):  Well  I think I would have to say 911.

Interviewer:  What?

Cheney (with an ever present smirk):  Well just how we dealt with it.  It was, ahh, very measured and pragmatic.

Something to that effect.     

Offline pac522

• Peace sells, but who's buying?
How about Cheney on Iraq in 1994?

Quagmire = Mission Accomplished.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YENbElb5-xY
This country did not achieve greatness with the mindset of "safety first" but rather "live free or die".

Truth is the currency of love. R[̲̅ə̲̅٨̲̅٥̲̅٦̲̅]ution!

We are all running on Gods laptop.
The problem is the virus called the Illuminati.  ~EvadingGrid

The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Offline Freeski

From recollection.

Interviewer (maybe Charlie Rose):  So Dick what has been your greatest achievement to date?

Cheney (with pause):  Well  I think I would have to say 911.

Interviewer:  What?

Cheney (with an ever present smirk):  Well just how we dealt with it.  It was, ahh, very measured and pragmatic.

Something to that effect.     

Not the News Hour with Leher, eh? (this doesn't seem to have the bite I think you're referrring to) - Jan 2009
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/politics/jan-june09/cheney_01-14.html

----------------

MR. LEHRER: Thank you, sir. Yesterday President Bush said that he will leave Washington next week with a great sense of accomplishment. Do you feel the same way?

VICE PRES. CHENEY: I do.

MR. LEHRER: Why? Explain.

VICE PRES. CHENEY: Well, I think there are a number of areas where we've had a significant impact on events or on the course of history, if you will. The one that stands out in my mind, that I think is most important, is something that didn't happen and that's the fact that we were able to interrupt, block, defeat all further attempts by al-Qaida to launch mass-casualty attacks against the United States after 9/11.

That's taken some very tough decisions by the president, some great work by a lot of folks in the intelligence services, in the military and so forth. But I look at that and the lives that were saved and the threats that were defeated as probably our greatest achievement.
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline grapecrusher1

Not the News Hour with Leher, eh? (this doesn't seem to have the bite I think you're referrring to) - Jan 2009

----------------

MR. LEHRER: Thank you, sir. Yesterday President Bush said that he will leave Washington next week with a great sense of accomplishment. Do you feel the same way?

VICE PRES. CHENEY: Well, I think there are a number of areas where we've had a significant impact on events or on the course of history, if you will. The one that stands out in my mind, that I think is most important, is something that didn't happen and that's the fact that we were able to interrupt, block, defeat all further attempts by al-Qaida to launch mass-casualty attacks against the United States after 9/11.

That's taken some very tough decisions by the president, some great work by a lot of folks in the intelligence services, in the military and so forth. But I look at that and the lives that were saved and the threats that were defeated as probably our greatest achievement.

good digging.

Could have been Lehrer but you are right -- this isnt the exchange.

It may have been scrubbed because I definitely saw it more than once and it was vid clip.

anyone else recall this?

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated

----------------

what he is saying in elite code is confirmed by Webster Tarpley
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline Freeski

MR. LEHRER:
Mr. Vice President, getting from there to here, 4500 Americans have died, at least a hundred thousand Iraqis have died. Has it been worth that?

VICE PRES. CHENEY:
I think so.