Author Topic: Government Closes 9 Border Patrol Stations  (Read 1051 times)

Offline Ambriel

• Dare to resist
    • Consfearacynewz
Government Closes 9 Border Patrol Stations
« on: July 09, 2012, 12:24:57 pm »
http://wmal.com/article.asp...
U.S. Border Patrol stations in Amarillo and Lubbock will close in six months, and the agents who work there will be shipped off to border areas, officials said Friday. Border Patrol officials ordered nine stations to be shuttered nationwide, six of them in Texas.
Stations set for closure
Amarillo
Lubbock
Dallas
San Angelo
Abilene
San Antonio
Billings, Mont.
Twin Falls, Idaho
Riverside, Calif.

Gentlemen and all concerned,
It is my duty to inform you that I have been advised that United States Border Patrol Headquarters has ordered the deactivation of United States Border Patrol operations in Amarillo, Texas. This deactivation will ultimately result in the removal of USBP agents from the Texas Panhandle region and the cessation of duties performed by those agents. The notice in which this action is ordered indicates that the anticipated date of deactivation will be no sooner than six months from the date of this memorandum which was dated July 2, 2012.
The United States Border Patrol had historically performed all immigration enforcement efforts in this area until the creation of the Department of Homeland Security in 2003. Under the organizational structure created at that time, USBP assets in the Amarillo area began a focused effort to interdict alien smuggling and human trafficking across area highways while other assets under ICE were mandated to perform criminal alien program functions and other investigative actions under immigration and customs authority. At this time, USBP Headquarters has deemed deactivation of this station and five others across Texas as consistent with the strategic goals of securing Americas borders and the objective of increasing and sustaining the certainty of arrest. In all, two agents, the entire complement of USBP agents in Amarillo, will be removed and reassigned to areas at or near the border.
At this time, there is no active plan for ICE assets to assist local authorities in this area when alien smuggling or alien transportation situations are encountered by your personnel. ICE may establish a protocol for providing assistance in these situations in the future. The creation of that protocol and the form it takes may depend largely on you and whether or not your agency feels that response to alien in transit situations is of value to your personnel in the field. I would encourage you, if you have found USBP assistance valuable in the past, to contact your political representatives and voice your concerns. As a former deputy I found myself on the other end of the radio hoping to contact USBP to assist me with a vehicle full of undocumented foreign nationals on the side of the road. This is a difficult situation which we have endeavored to assist you with and alleviate as a concern for your officers, deputies and troopers through our response to you as rapidly as possible. I hope that you continue to receive an active and timely response in these situations.
I would like to thank each of the sheriffs from each of the 26 counties in the Amarillo Area of Operations for your assistance, support and camaraderie over the years in which I have been an agent in this area. I extend this same gratitude to the police departments and the Texas Department of Public Safety troopers (too many to properly identify you all) throughout the Texas Panhandle. It has been my pleasure to work with you all.
If you have questions regarding the deactivation process, future protocol for foreign nationals contacted on the highways or other areas in which we would have responded, or if you or your personnel need our assistance during our remaining time, please contact me. I know that there are individuals and agencies to which this note has not been addressed. Please share this information with your local chiefs of police and TXDPS Troopers as well as any other law enforcement entities in your area.
Thank you,

Offline starvosan

Re: Government Closes 9 Border Patrol Stations
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 03:01:56 pm »
I am against checkpoints set up way from the border.  The place to guard our borders is at the border.