Author Topic: National ID cards  (Read 20564 times)

Offline bigron

• RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT 2012
National ID cards
« on: January 11, 2008, 08:04:22 am »
New security rules for driver's licenses !!

By DEVLIN BARRETT, Associated Press Writer
Fri Jan 11, 1:33 AM ET
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080111/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/secure_driver_s_licenses;_ylt=AhHt9v4F92ekTLMyc4sk5E.s0NUE

Americans born after Dec. 1, 1964, will have to get more secure driver's licenses in the next six years under ambitious post-9/11 security rules to be unveiled Friday by federal officials.

The Homeland Security Department has spent years crafting the final regulations for the REAL ID Act, a law designed to make it harder for terrorists, illegal immigrants and con artists to get government-issued identification. The effort once envisioned to take effect in 2008 has been pushed back in the hopes of winning over skeptical state officials.

Even with more time, more federal help and technical advances, REAL ID still faces stiff opposition from civil liberties groups.

To address some of those concerns, the government now plans to phase in a secure ID initiative that Congress passed into law in 2005. Now, DHS plans a key deadline in 2011 — when federal authorities hope all states will be in compliance — and then further measures to be enacted three years later, according to congressional staffers who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because an announcement had not yet been made. DHS officials briefed legislative aides on the details late Thursday.

Without discussing details, Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff promoted the final rules for REAL ID during a meeting Thursday with an advisory council.

"We worked very closely with the states in terms of developing a plan that I think will be inexpensive, reasonable to implement and produce the results," he said. "This is a win-win. As long as people use driver's licenses to identify themselves for whatever reason there's no reason for those licenses to be easily counterfeited or tampered with."

In order to make the plan more appealing to cost-conscious states, federal authorities drastically reduced the expected cost from $14.6 billion to $3.9 billion, a 73 percent decline, according to Homeland Security officials familiar with the plan.

The American Civil Liberties Union has fiercely objected to the effort, particularly the sharing of personal data among government agencies. The DHS and other officials say the only way to make sure an ID is safe is to check it against secure government data; critics like the ACLU say that creates a system that is more likely to be infiltrated and have its personal data pilfered.

In its written objection to the law, the ACLU claims REAL ID amounts to the "first-ever national identity card system," which "would irreparably damage the fabric of American life."

The Sept. 11 attacks were the main motivation for the changes.

The hijacker-pilot who flew into the Pentagon, Hani Hanjour, had a total of four driver's licenses and ID cards from three states. The DHS, which was created in response to the attacks, has created a slogan for REAL ID: "One driver, one license."

By 2014, anyone seeking to board an airplane or enter a federal building would have to present a REAL ID-compliant driver's license, with the notable exception of those more than 50 years old, Homeland Security officials said.

The over-50 exemption was created to give states more time to get everyone new licenses, and officials say the risk of someone in that age group being a terrorist, illegal immigrant or con artist is much less. By 2017, even those over 50 must have a REAL ID-compliant card to board a plane.

Among other details of the REAL ID plan:

_The traditional driver's license photograph would be taken at the beginning of the application instead of the end so that should someone be rejected for failure to prove identity and citizenship, the applicant's photo would be kept on file and checked in the future if that person attempted to con the system again.

_The cards will have three layers of security measures but will not contain microchips as some had expected. States will be able to choose from a menu which security measures they will put in their cards.

Over the next year, the government expects all states to begin checking both the Social Security numbers and immigration status of license applicants.

Most states currently check Social Security numbers and about half check immigration status. Some, like New York, Virginia, North Carolina and California, already have implemented many of the security measures envisioned in REAL ID. In California, for example, officials expect the only major change to adopt the first phase would be to take the photograph at the beginning of the application process instead of the end.

After the Social Security and immigration status checks become nationwide practice, officials plan to move on to more expansive security checks, including state DMV offices checking with the State Department to verify those applicants who use passports to get a driver's license, verifying birth certificates and checking with other states to ensure an applicant doesn't have more than one license.

A handful of states have already signed written agreements indicating plans to comply with REAL ID. Seventeen others, though, have passed legislation or resolutions objecting to it, often based on concerns about the billions of dollars such extra security is expected to cost.

____

Associated Press writer Eileen Sullivan contributed to this report.

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
Re: New security rules for driver's licenses !!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 08:28:00 am »
Gandhi "Burning the Passes"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v_eg-x6HfU

Full Movie - Gandhi

3 hr 11 min - Jul 7, 2007 -  (104 ratings)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3677437859600027297
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 10:11:33 am »
"You will have to get a real ID"

All over the 24/7 MSNBC/CNN/FOX

Here is the response...

"You will have to read the Constitution or get the f**k out of our country!"
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 10:14:36 am »

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 10:16:39 am »
Step 1: Real ID

Step 2: Lock Up!

General Electric owns much of the the Security and medical operations equipment contracts for the over 800 US Concentration Camps and the propaganda that will be used to assist in forcing varous racial groups into these death camps. MSNBC, owned by GE who also owns a large share of The History Channel, runs 8 hours a day of programming on what life is like in prison.  The point of the multiple documentaries to be aired for 8 hours every day it to allow the viewer to assimilate with the conditions in a concentration camp.  They show the priisoners having individuality and coping successfully with prison life.  They show how they can still develop relationships, still get an education, develop cliques, etc.   The whole point of this is a contracted psyops programming so that when they throw you and your family into the concentration camps, you will feel like it is normal after watching 8 hours a day of it. Out of all the MSNBC Documentaries, Lock Up comprises of an overwhelming majority of their production costs and scheduling.

Now lockup may be an ok program, but 20 full documentaries is not meant to learn about the issues of concentration camp/prisons it is used to condition us. The History Channel has a direct conflict of interest to reveal the truth about 9/11.  9/11 will be used to get us into martial law and GE/MSNBC owns the propaganda and many of the security contracts for that martial law. So if the History Channel actually told the truth about 9/11, they would have most of their funds cut. It is a simple matter of corporate bottom line v. the truth for the American people and the victims (which everyone now is). I guess the corporate bottom line is more valuable to GE than the truth!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036750/

Here is a sample of all the lockup shows they have (odd for a 24 hours "news" channel):
Lockup: Indiana
Lockup: Alaska
Lockup: Holman

Lockup: Rikers Island
Lockup: Miami-Dade
Lockup: The Criminal mind
Lockup: Corcoran
Lockup: Valley State
Lockup: Kentucky State
Lockup: Kern Valley

Lockup: New Mexico
Lockup: Utah State prision
Lockup: San Quentin
Lockup: Pelican Bay
Lockup: Anamosa
Lockup: Riverbend
Lockup: Brushy Mountain
Lockup: Inside Iowa State Penitentiary
Lockup: Wabash

Lockup: Folsom

Here are just some of the over 100 links to information regarding GE/FEMA Camps/Homeland Security Contracts:
0703 Market Monitor Top 25 and Rising 10 Homeland Security ...Of the five largest DHS contractors in 2006, four were FEMA contractors. ..... Under the agreement, the new joint venture, Smiths GE Protection, ...
www.hstoday.us/archive/0703_Market_Monitor_Top_25_HS_Companies.cfm?IsValid=true - 67k - Cached - Similar pages
ARES Security Lands Contract Securing FEMA Facility @ Government ...Company's contract is to provide armed security services to FEMA's National ... solution on top of mesh-based surveillance network GE Security Names New CEO ...
www.securityinfowatch.com/article/article.jsp?siteSection=350&id=5883 - 48k - Cached - Similar pages
GSN: Top 100 DHS ContractorsIn addition to well-known security contractors, the Top 100 list includes ..... Agbayani was awarded major construction contracts from FEMA to build trailer ...
www.gsnmagazine.com/special/top100_07.html - 77k - Cached - Similar pages
[PDF] Department of Homeland Security FEMA Contracts Awarded in Support ...File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat
ProTrac Report 8/25-9/17.Department of Homeland Security. FEMA Contracts Awarded in Support of Hurricane Katrina Recovery Efforts. As of October 21, 2005 ...
www.taxpayer.net/budget/katrinaspending/femacontracts10-21.pdf - Similar pages
[PDF] homeland security companiesFile Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) contracts ..... LAND SECURITY CONTRACTORS. ... General Electric, Stamford, Conn., combining both of their ...
www.raytheon.com/feature/stellent/groups/public/documents/content/cms04_021043.pdf - Similar pages
Homeland Security - Press Release SectionGE Secures $2.5M from DHS Funding for Advanced Nuclear Detection .... Awarded Homeland Security Contract Plans to develop low-cost biological weapons sensor ...
www.homelandsecurityweekly.com/press-releases/ - 33k - Cached - Similar pages
[PDF] At least 94 former domestic security officials from the Bush ...File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
security contracts. 44 Patrick Rhode. chief of staff, acting deputy director F.E.M.A.. Bearing Point. consultant. D.H.S. contractor. 45 Steve Parsons ...
www.graphics.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/national/20060618_LOBBYLIST2.pdf - Similar pages
National Homeland Security KnowledgebaseExperts in homeland security and defense will join policy makers and defense contractors next month at what some are calling an unprecedented mingling of ...
www.twotigersonline.com/newsletter/news_september05.htm - 33k - Cached - Similar pages
American Chronicle: Saudi Takeover of GE Plastics Flies Under RadarWhile its consumer product contracts are extensive, they are but part of GE’s ... Homeland Security (DHS), the Federal Emergency Management Agency, (FEMA), ...
www.americanchronicle.com/articles/viewArticle.asp?articleID=31690 - 28k - Cached - Similar pages
They Shoot News Anchors, Don't They?By September 12, even the White House admitted that FEMA had been its own disaster ... ever bothering to tell viewers GE had billions in contracts pending. ...
www.commondreams.org/views05/0917-29.htm - 24k - Cached - Similar pages

Update: GE Recenltly bought a railway company, what do you think they will be transporting?
Locomotive Services
Traffic Control & Dispatch Systems
Signaling & Communications Products

And if you are worried about martial law, well you should be, the last time these powers were used in an industrialized country, it was germany.  Then the trains took everyone here:

Offline Capt. Obvious

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 11:29:55 am »
This is ageism. Only those of a certain age need to get them.

And don't you love this little gem:
_The traditional driver's license photograph would be taken at the beginning of the application instead of the end so that should someone be rejected for failure to prove identity and citizenship, the applicant's photo would be kept on file and checked in the future if that person attempted to con the system again.

You show up, they photograph you.

I will refuse this ID.

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 11:54:45 am »
  Is there plan to get rid of all the older people?  Or is this for draft purposes?  1984 in 2008  "The government is not your friend."-Alex Jones

CHERTOFF- Russian meaning "son of the devil"
I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.

Offline Melody

• End Blind Patriotism
    • Revolutionary Girl
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 11:57:58 am »
I read this this morning over my oatmeal and I thought, well, I guess I won't be flying anymore 'cause there's nodamnway I'm gonna use one.
I am a Revolutionary Girl!

I would submit, Your Honor, that if someone is doing something demonstrably asinine, and I ask them to stop it, please, and they say, "Make us," they've entered a binding oral contract whereby I am permitted, even obligated, to try to make them.

Offline Capt. Obvious

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2008, 12:00:03 pm »
  Is there plan to get rid of all the older people?  Or is this for draft purposes?  1984 in 2008  "The government is not your friend."-Alex Jones

Rebirth!!!

Offline Tom Marvolo Riddle

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2008, 12:04:38 pm »
Yup, I won't get one. My wife said she won't either!

Offline chi3sa

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2008, 12:29:01 pm »
Im completely against this. But what constitutional right is being brokern? or what argument can be made other than ethical, can't prove others wrong that way because they say they "just feel safer"

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2008, 12:34:16 pm »
Im completely against this. But what constitutional right is being brokern? or what argument can be made other than ethical, can't prove others wrong that way because they say they "just feel safer"

well i guess the entire constitution.

the entire idea of limited government

the idea of liberty

the idea of security

the idea of feeling secure in my environment

i guess the right to my life

you know the right to not be a slave, not be tracked, manipulated, uinnocent until proven guilty, just about every single solitary thing this country was founded on.

i tell ya what i am going to do.

i will allow the rothschilds to get these as the test subjects.

after 10 generations of their families live in poverty, get sent to illegal wars, get inflicted with intentional genocidal diseases, eat and drink contaminated items, have chemtrails all over their skies, etc.

then i will think about it and get back to ya!

ps, sorry for being a dick, it just pisses me off that we do not immediately see this as a chain of slavery.  it should be so obvious.

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2008, 12:38:58 pm »
Correct me if I'm wrong here, I forget a lot of stuff in my old age lol. But I thought it was up to the states to id the states citizens, not the Federal government to do so. By making a national id it is taking away states rights. Remember, local government is the best government. Why would the Federal government need to id me when that is already with the state of Illinois.

Offline Melody

• End Blind Patriotism
    • Revolutionary Girl
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2008, 12:41:11 pm »
what constitutional right is being brokern? or what argument can be made other than ethical, can't prove others wrong that way because they say they "just feel safer"

I think that in addition to the fact that it flies in the face of limited government, there's an argument to be made for the 14th Amendment, namely that it violates Civil Rights in that air travel will be denied to persons who don't have the ID. It says, in part, "nor shall any State deny any person of life, liberty or property without due process of law".

From MSNBC:
The American Civil Liberties Union has fiercely objected to the effort, particularly the sharing of personal data among government agencies. The DHS and other officials say the only way to make sure an ID is safe is to check it against secure government data; critics like the ACLU say that creates a system that is more likely to be infiltrated and have its personal data pilfered.

In its written objection to the law, the ACLU claims REAL ID amounts to the "first-ever national identity card system," which "would irreparably damage the fabric of American life."

I am a Revolutionary Girl!

I would submit, Your Honor, that if someone is doing something demonstrably asinine, and I ask them to stop it, please, and they say, "Make us," they've entered a binding oral contract whereby I am permitted, even obligated, to try to make them.

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2008, 12:41:22 pm »
http://www.petitiononline.com/RejectID/petition.html

To:  The President of the United States of America, the Vice President, and the Cabinet, the Speaker of the House, the Senate and House of Representatives, the Supreme Court, and the Legislatures and Executive and Judicial Officers of the Various States;

Whereas: The original form of Government, established and paid for by the blood of Our Founding Fathers, was a Constitutional Republic, which form of government is based on the Common Law, that secures to each individual the free exercise of conscience, the right and control of property, and the protection of life. These inherent and unalienable God-given rights are clearly identified in the Original Constitution of the united States of America and outlined in the Declaration of Independence and further explicated in the Bill of Rights;

And Whereas: The Declaration of Independence declares that "Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends ( Our inherent and unalienable God-given rights of Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness ), that it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and that when a long train of abuses and usurpations pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government.

And Whereas: Each individual has inherent and unalienable God-given rights and freedoms and no rightful delegation of these rights can ever be made to or be assumed by any governing body. The free agency of man, working within the legitimate bounds of these rights and freedoms, must be held inviolate. The Constitution provides to regulate bodies of men and not individuals.

And Whereas: There are certain unalienable rights guaranteed by God to all men in the exercise of their free agency. These were sustained by the Founding Fathers and written into the Constitution. They need no interpretation, nor can they be abrogated by anyone other than God.

And Whereas: We, the People, assume the responsibility of self-government and we retain and possess the FULNESS OF THE POWERS AND AUTHORITY reserved by us in the original Constitution of the united States of America.

And Whereas: It is not the prerogative of the President of the united States of America or any one of the Executive branch of government, nor is it the prerogative of the Congress of the united States or other legislators, nor any of the Judiciary including the Supreme Court of the united States, to abridge those rights or interpret them in any manner except as stated in the original Constitution.

And Whereas: The power to abridge such rights does not rest in any of the offices of any of the States; and it is the sole prerogative of the people to determine when such rights have been abridged or when they, the people, have been robbed of their agency; and it is within the power of the people to remove from office any of the officers of the Federal government or of the State who attempt by executive order or judiciary action or arbitrary interpretation to change the Constitution.

And Whereas: Those who would unrighteously foist their will upon the people of the united States of America must be removed from office by due process of law, whether by impeachment or by initiative of the people.

And Whereas: The Constitution does provide that Congress has the power to exercise exclusive legislation in all cases whatsoever over such district not exceeding ten miles square, as may, by session of particular states and the acceptance of Congress, become the seat of government of the United States.

And Whereas: On February 21, 1871, the Forty First Congress passed an act entitled "An Act to Provide a Government for the District of Columbia," legislating the organization of a municipal corporation to run the day to day affairs of the District of Columbia, the seat of government, which transferred the United States of America, the Republic, into "a corporate entity" entitled UNITED STATES, in capital letters, having "no" jurisdiction outside the District of Columbia.

And Whereas: Congress adopted the text of the federal constitution as the constitution or charter of this municipal corporation. This municipal corporation was granted the power to contract to provide municipal services to the inhabitants of the District of Columbia and necessarily as an operation of the privileges and immunity clause of Article Four of the Constitution, any other person who chooses to contract for its services.

And Whereas: They have, through their influence and under the pretense of emergency, erected a multitude of new offices to harass our People, and eat out their substance, along with expanded search and seizure laws that further erode our constitutional rights.

And Whereas: They have subjected us to a municipal jurisdiction foreign to our constitution ("admiralty law" [which is the law of the sea] rather than "common law" [which is the law of the land]), taking away our charters, abolishing our most valuable laws, and altering fundamentally the forms of our government, forcing our assent to their acts of pretended legislation.

And Whereas: Such changes have removed all of the original safeguards including the separation of powers. Today officers of the Executive branch i.e. ATF, IRS, OSHA, EPA, HEW, etc., have usurped Legislative power by making their own "laws". They administer these same "laws" or regulations and also assume Judicial power to impose fines and penalties for those who violate "their laws". They have denied us the right to face our accuser by protecting those who report such violations and place the burden of proof upon the individual by declaring them "guilty until proven innocent", all in direct violation of the Constitutional safeguard of separation of powers;

And Whereas: Thousands of American Citizens, who have attempted to protest these violations of government powers have suffered untold persecution, even being murdered in cold blood;

And Whereas: The history of repeated injuries and usurpations by these secret powers and institutions have "seized control" of our constitutional republic, the united States of America, a sovereign nation-state, through the now existing municipal corporation, is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny, a New World Order, over these States and this Nation.

And Whereas: Through the knowing or unknowing complicity of their Agents (local, state and federal officials) they have completely debauched the monetary system, destroyed the lives and livelihoods of millions of people, aided and abetted the enemies of America and human freedom in general, declared war on the American People and their posterity, incited rebellion and anarchy within the de jure society, taken false oaths, entered into seditious foreign agreements, pacts, confederations, treaties and alliances, and under a pretense of "emergency," formed and established a multitude of offices of alien allegiance to perpetuate their plunder, conquest and subjugation of what was once considered "the last great hope of human freedom" to ultimately establish a New World Order.

And Whereas: Amendment IV of the Bill of Rights states: The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated,...

And Whereas: In 1936, the Social Security Number (SSN) was created , it was meant to be used only as an account number associated with the administration of the Social Security system. Though use of the SSN has expanded considerably, it is not a universal identifier and efforts to make it one have been consistently rejected.

And Whereas: In 1971, the Social Security Administration task force on the SSN rejected the extension of the Social Security Number to the status of an ID card.

And Whereas: In 1973, the Health, Education and Welfare Secretary's Advisory Committee on Automated Personal Data Systems concluded that a national identifier was not desirable.

And Whereas: In 1976, the Federal Advisory Committee on False Identification rejected the idea of an identifier.

And Whereas: In 1977, the Carter Administration reiterated that the SSN was not to become an identifier.

And Whereas: In 1981 the Reagan Administration stated that it was "explicitly opposed" to the creation of a national ID card.

And Whereas: The Clinton administration advocated a “Health Security Card” in 1993 and assured the public that the card, issued to every American, would have “full protection for privacy and confidentiality.”

And Whereas: In 1999 Congress repealed a controversial provision in the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996 which gave authorization to include Social Security Numbers on driver's licenses.

And Whereas: In response to the tragic events of Sept. 11, 2001, there has been renewed interest in the creation of national ID cards. Soon after the attacks, Larry Ellison, head of California-based software company Oracle Corporation, called for the development of a national identification system and offered to donate the technology to make this possible. He proposed ID cards with embedded digitized thumbprints and photographs of all legal residents in the U.S. There was much public debate about the issue, and Congressional hearings were held. Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich testified that he "would not institute a national ID card because you do get into civil liberties issues."

And Whereas: When the UNITED STATES Congress created the Department of Homeland Security, they made it clear, in the enabling legislation, that the agency could not create a national ID system.

And Whereas: In September 2004, then-DHS Secretary Tom Ridge reiterated, "[t]he legislation that created the Department of Homeland Security was very specific on the question of a national ID card. They said there will be no national ID card."

And Whereas: On May 11, 2005 the UNITED STATES Congress passed the Real ID Act, H.R. 1268. The legislation mandates federal identification standards and requires states Department of Motor Vehicles (DMVs)to produce them. The National Identity Register may eventually include name, date of birth, residence, as well as biometric information and personal history of every individual and to collect more and more invasive personal information, and to expand the information sharing capacities of DMVs which have become the targets of identity thieves, to collect sensitive personal information.

Therefore: We the Sovereign People of these united States solemnly declare that, The President of the United States, the Congress of the United States, the Supreme Court of the United States, and the Governors and State Legislatures of the various States, the Judges of both the lower courts and higher courts and all other government officials, elected or appointed, continuing to administer this perfidy, acting for a foreign power, have violated their oath of office and have refused to "uphold, support and defend the Original Constitution of the united States of America against all enemies foreign and domestic", and all other persons who have taken part in denying us our Rights and Liberties guaranteed to us in the Original Constitution of the united States of America, are hereby GUILTY OF TREASON!!

And Therefore: We the Sovereign People of these united States DEMAND that our constitutional republic, the united States of America, be restored to its proper, organic, form. Any governmental body which presently does not have organic Constitutional authorization should be summarily dissolved.

And Therefore: We the Sovereign People of these united States solemnly publish and declare that we will NOT participate in a National ID Card system which is designed to rob us of our free agency and bring us into bondage and under the rule and reign of the Devil under this system known as the "Mark of the Beast" as stated in the Holy Bible which is the divine source of our Common Law and of the original Constitution of the united States of America.

Revelations 13:15-17
And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2008, 12:42:09 pm »

Biometrics: From Reel to Real
- Dan Tynan, May 19, 2005 [PC World]

They Really Are Watching You: Ready for your own all-new, sinister ID card, courtesy of Homeland Security?
- Mark Morford, May 18, 2005 [SF Gate]

Real ID: A License to Kill
- Jonathan David Morris, May 18, 2005 [Strike the Root]

The Big Deal
- Paul Hein, May 14, 2005 [LewRockwell.com]

An Attack on Liberty, 100-0
- Harold E. Smith III, May 12, 2005 [LewRockwell.com]

Senate Backs Measure to Tighten ID Requirements
- Darryl Fears, May 11, 2005 [The Washington Post]

No Real Debate for Real ID
- Kim Zetter, May 10, 2005 [Wired]

The Damnable Modern Passport
- Paul Boytinck, March 11, 2005 [LewRockwell.com]

Driver's license bill concerns groups
- Suzanne Gamboa, February 28, 2005 [Associated Press]

The National ID Trojan Horse
- Rep. Ron Paul, MD, February 15, 2005 [LewRockwell.com]

National ID Red Alert!
- Steven Yates, December 18, 2004 [LewRockwell.com]

Bio-chip featured at government health showcase
Syringe-injectable device 1 of 20 top innovative health technologies chosen by HHS. - Sherrie Gossett, April 29, 2004 [WorldNetDaily]

Dean pushed 'smart card' IDs
- January 27, 2004 [WorldNetDaily]

Fingerprint scanner to ID school children
Board votes to spend $700,000 on system, privacy advocates cry foul. - May 28, 2003 [WorldNetDaily]

Implantable-chip company attacks WND
Digital Angel accusations come as Whistleblower exposé is published. - April 2, 2002 [WorldNetDaily]

Mark of the Beast?
- Geoff Metcalf, January 28, 2002 [WorldNetDaily]

Personal Identification Is Too Important to Be Run by Government
- John Bottoms, January 14, 2002 [Strike the Root]

Closer to a national ID card?
- Jon Dougherty, January 11, 2002 [WorldNetDaily]

Liberal Lawyer Backs National ID Card
Alan Dershowitz has so much chutzpah that he wrote a book called "Chutzpah" about his chutzpah-ness. - James Ostrowski, October 15, 2001 [LewRockwell.com]

Reckless ID card plan will destroy nation's freedom
- Simon Davies, September 29, 2001 [news.telegraph.co.uk]

National ID Cards: New Technologies, Same Bad Idea
- Adam Thierer, September 28, 2001 [CATO]

No National ID
A national identification card, much like random roadblocks to check for seatbelt violations and drugs and other ‘Suspect every Citizen’ programs, would be a clear violation of the Fourth Amendment of the Constitution. - Christopher Powell, September 28, 2001 [LewRockwell.com]

ID cards 'would not stop the terrorists'
Compulsory identity cards would have done nothing to prevent the terror attacks on New York and Washington, and could leave ethnic minorities facing revived "sus laws", Charles Kennedy warned yesterday.- Benedict Brogan, September 26, 2001 [news.telegraph.co.uk]

NO National ID Card – Not Now, Not Ever
That tramping you hear is the sound of jack boots approaching – Big Brother is coming to imprint his mark on you. - Phil Brennan, September 25, 2001 [NewsMax.com]

Bush Contemplates National ID Card for all Citizens
- Matt Drudge, September 23, 2001 [Drudge Report]

Human ID implant to be unveiled soon
'Wearers' of Digital Angel®' monitored by GPS, Internet. - JoAnn Kohlbrand and Julie Foster, August 13, 2000 [WorldNetDaily]

Big Brother gets under your skin
Ultimate ID badge, transceiver implanted in humans monitored by GPS satellites. - Julie Foster, March 20, 2000 [WorldNetDaily]

Strange bedfellows battle national ID
It's not often you find groups as far apart politically as the American Civil Liberties Union, La Raza, Eagle Forum and Concerned Women of America on the same side of an issue. - Sarah Foster, September 29, 1999 [WorldNetDaily]

National ID card challenged
Rep. Ron Paul, R-TX, introduced the Freedom and Privacy Restoration Act of 1999 on the floor of the House last week to deal with what Paul's press secretary, Michael Sullivan, refers to as a 'grievous intrusion' on American citizens by the federal government. This "intrusion" includes the planned issuance of a national ID card, the creation of a personal medical health identifier number and the rampant use and abuse of the Social Security number. - Stephan Archer, January 12, 1999 [WorldNetDaily]

How to stop national ID card
As Benjamin Franklin once wrote, those who would give up essential liberty for temporary security deserve neither liberty nor security. Where our security and liberty is concerned, we must remain constantly vigilant and uncompromisingly devoted. - Representative Ron Paul, July 13, 1998 [WorldNetDaily]

National ID card on fast track
Like it or not, the day is fast approaching when every American will carry a national identification card. Those who do not have one will be denied many basic services. - David M. Bresnahan, June 26, 1998 [WorldNetDaily]

The National ID Card: It's Baaack!
- Stephen Moore, September 23, 1997 [CATO]

Dianne Feinstein and the Terror Card
Curious, isn't it, that one of the most ardent anti-gunners, who told CBS that she would rather have Americans turn in all guns, is also a leading proponent of the national identity card? "Papieren," Dianne? - Joseph P. Tartaro, October 1, 1996 [New Gun Week]

"Smart Card" Is a Scary Proposal
- Williamson M. Evers, March 1994 [The Future of Freedom Foundation]

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2008, 12:42:45 pm »
No National ID
http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig2/powell1.html
by Christopher Powell

Once upon a time I was in a public park shortly after dark with my then girlfriend and now wife. The park, as it turned out, was closed at that time of day. The officer who informed us of this fact requested to see our identification, which my wife did not happen to have with her. We were duly informed that it is required that one carry identification at all times, as my blond and blue-eyed wife could have been an illegal immigrant from, um, er, well, Canada maybe.

This incident with the police officer illustrates, in a way which my wife and I found amusing, how a measure implemented in good-faith can have repercussions against innocent people. Imagine this same scenario if we become required to have a national identification card as part of the crackdown by the new Office of Homeland Security. Just for kicks, let’s assume our policeman friend is going through a bitter divorce, earlier in the day spilled hot coffee on himself, and is generally in a bad mood. Perhaps this time my wife’s failure to carry proper identification results in handcuffs and a trip to the city jail. Somehow it’s not so funny anymore.

A national identification card, much like random roadblocks to check for seatbelt violations and drugs and other ‘Suspect every Citizen’ programs, would be a clear violation of the Fourth Amendment of the Constitution. It states that "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated." If one must produce an identification card upon demand without demonstrable reason for suspicion, then one’s right to be secure in one’s person is conditional. If this condition can be imposed, additional conditions, such as curfews, or the requiring of permits, can be put in place as well. You’ll then have the ‘right’ to go where you please so long as you obey the hours of travel rules and have the proper documents, paying the proper fees of course, and have them in order for every checkpoint along the way.

Now some people may consider me an alarmist and claim that the scenario I describe would never happen. Maybe they’re right. Of course, Franklin Roosevelt promised Social Security funds would never be touched for anything else. Woodrow Wilson promised to keep us out of war. Gov. Roy Turner promised the state of Oklahoma that our turnpikes would become free roads when the bonds used to fund them were paid. The elder George Bush promised no new taxes. But still, maybe you should trust government not to unnecessarily impede your right to go where you choose. Just don’t forget your papers.

September 28, 2001

Christopher Powell (send him mail) is Vice-Chairman of the Oklahoma Libertarian Party. He lives in Bethany with his wife and two children.

Copyright © 2001 LewRockwell.com

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2008, 12:43:33 pm »
NEW HAMPSHIRE REJECTS NATIONAL ID
http://www.newswithviews.com/Devvy/kidd177.htm
By: Devvy March 20, 2006

"Each State, in ratifying the Constitution, is considered as a sovereign body, independent of all others, and only to be bound by its own voluntary act. In this relation, then, the new Constitution will, if established, be a FEDERAL, and not a NATIONAL constitution." --James Madison, Federalist No. 39, January 1788

If it's one thing architects of totalitarian government out in Washington, DC, despise, it's when the states of the Union stand up and say no! We are seeing more and more state legislatures rebuff the unconstitutional laws coming out of Washington, DC, than we have in decades. One MAJOR victory came last week, although there hasn't been a peep out of any media that I've seen or read:

The New Hampshire House voted overwhelmingly to reject the Transportation Committee's recommendation of ITL and in a subsequent motion to pass HB 1582, forbidding any state agency from participating in any national ID requirement. The bill is succinct and to the point:

STATE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE

In the Year of Our Lord Two Thousand Six

AN ACT prohibiting New Hampshire from participating in a national identification card system.

Be it Enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Court convened:

Prohibition Against Participation in National Identification System. The general court finds that the public policy established by Congress in the Real ID Act of 2005, Public Law 109-13, is contrary and repugnant to Articles 1 through 10 of the New Hampshire constitution as well as Amendments 4 though 10 of the Constitution for the United States of America. Therefore, the state of New Hampshire shall not participate in a national identification card system; nor shall the department of safety amend the procedures for applying for a driver's license under RSA 263 or an identification card under RSA 260:21. (text of bill)

This is an amazing and truly magnificent example of Americans who serve in a state legislature standing up to the bullying and "unfunded mandates" coming out of Washington in an effort to enslave we the people. The so-called 'National ID" has nothing to do with tracking terrorists and everything to do with turning we the people into numbered cattle to be tracked and harassed.

Ironically, the day after this major defeat for the communist crowd in Washington, DC., our local media carried an oh-so-serious segment about how California, as well as other states, are concerned they won't have the money to comply with this unfunded mandate by the feds to convert California driver's licenses into these insidious national IDs. Apparently, this isn't a concern for Governor Jim Doyle of Wisconsin. Last week this elected public servant who has no concern for the rights of his sovereign citizens or the U.S. Constitution released this press release:

"Doyle today signed Assembly Bill 69, which moves Wisconsin toward compliance with sweeping federal requirements mandated by the REAL ID law. In signing this legislation, the Governor was following the recommendation of the Wisconsin Department of Transportation.

"Tightening the process to crack down on drivers' license fraud is an important goal," Governor Doyle said. However, the federal REAL ID Act is an enormous, under-funded mandate by Congress that is going to present massive implementation challenges for every state. The federal government doesn't seem to have thought through these challenges or offered the states the necessary help, guidance, or resources to implement this mandate. That being said, the state has to comply with federal law, and this bill will allow us to begin to take the necessary steps to do so.

"States have until May of 2008 to comply with all federal REAL ID Act requirements. If states are not in compliance at that time, residents will not be able to use their drivers' licenses for federal purposes, including boarding commercial airplanes, or entering federal buildings.

"The Department of Transportation recommended I sign AB 69 at this time," Governor Doyle said. "Doing so now not only allows our Division of Motor Vehicles to begin the extensive, time-consuming programming work needed to implement REAL ID, but also guarantees that Wisconsin residents will not be prevented from boarding airplanes in spring of 2008. It will bring enhanced security to our driver's license and identification card issuance system as well." (End of excerpt)

Buffoonery! Did you read what Da Govn'r office said in their press release? "However, the federal REAL ID Act is an enormous, under-funded mandate by Congress that is going to present massive implementation challenges for every state. The federal government doesn't seem to have thought through these challenges or offered the states the necessary help, guidance, or resources to implement this mandate. That being said, the state has to comply with federal law, and this bill will allow us to begin to take the necessary steps to do so."

Hello? The states of the Union DO NOT have to comply with federal law when that law is clearly a violation of the supreme law of the land and the state constitutions. Recall what I wrote in a column in December 2004:

Memorandum for Walter Zellman from Sallyanne Payton, clearly marked: Preliminary Draft for Official Use Only. Do Not Quote or Release For Any Purpose, page 4, Health Care Task Reform under Hillary Clinton. Please note these sections: "(b) may the federal government use other actors in the governmental system and the private sector as its agents and give them orders as though they were parts of a prefectorial system? The short answer is "no." State governments are independent, although subordinated, sovereignties, not subdivisions of the federal government.

"Although the federal government may regulate many of their functions directly [as well, for example, it subjects state water districts to the Clean Water Act], it may not require them to exercise their own governmental powers in a manner dictated by federal law. The states may be encouraged, bribed or threatened into entering into joint federal state programs of various sorts, from unemployment insurance to Medicaid; but they may not be commanded directly to use their own governmental apparatus in the service of federal policy. There is a modest jurisprudence of the Tenth Amendment that seems to have settled on this proposition. See the DOJ [Dept. of Justice] memorandum for a fuller elaboration."

What does this mean from a constitutional position? It means that the government can bribe the states, they can threaten them, but in fact, the states cannot be forced to get down on their knees to the federal machine.

In my letter to my state rep, senator and Mr. Arnie, I provided a copy of that memorandum as well as these three cases for their legal staff to use in drafting legislation just like New Hampshire:

Marbury v Madison, U.S. v Lopez and Printz/Mack vs US.

Contrast the statement from Doyle's office with the language in the bill out of New Hampshire. This is what the people of Wisconsin need to do immediately: Call your state legislator and state senator. Tell them you will work your fingers to the bone to see they are voted out of office if they don't get new legislation to over turn this unconstitutional legislation Doyle signed. Then - and you must follow up with a snail mail demand - do as I have done: I sent to my state assemblyman, state senator and His Excellency, Govn'r Arnold, a polite letter explaining that I will NOT turn in my California driver's license for a national ID. I enclosed a copy of the NH legislation and demanded that they immediately draft legislation exactly as NH has done and get it through the legislature. Please do the same thing in your state. Cut and past this column to your word processor and send it or shave it down into a letter. This only takes a few minutes.

It is your God-given right to travel freely. One of the insidious provisions of this so-called National ID is that you won't be able to enter a federal facility, fly or take Amtrak. This is a violation of your right to travel and I have provided a healthy dose of case law here. In your letter to your state rep, senator and governor, politely tell them you and others will file a lawsuit to stop this national ID because it violates your constitutional rights. The good news is we are beginning to see more and more victories at the state level. So many of these draconian and Nazi-style laws coming out of DC can be killed by your state legislature, but it takes everyone putting on the pressure.

Offline chi3sa

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2008, 12:43:57 pm »
Im at school now, a senior. trying to get people to read. thanx, cuz it'll effect us 1st!

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2008, 12:44:30 pm »
Real ID Act Passed - The End Of America
http://www.rense.com/general65/realid.htm
Alert From Jews For The Preservation Of Firearms Ownership
America's Aggressive Civil Rights Organization  JPFO.org 5-12-5

On Tuesday, May 10, 2005, America became a true police state. Your U.S. senators voted -- unanimously, with no discussion, and without even reading the bill -- to create a national ID card.

The Real ID Act blackmails state governments into turning their drivers licenses into a draconian tool of the federal homeland security apparatus. If states refuse, their citizens lose such "privileges" as being allowed to board an airplane, enter a federal building, or apply for social security. President Bush is expected to sign the bill eagerly on Thursday.

In three years -- by May 2008 -- this Stalin-style internal passport will be an American reality. But your government will have _more_ control over you than Stalin ever dreamed in his most violent, vicious, anti-freedom dreams. (See links to the text of the law and articles about it at the bottom of this article.)

But that's only the beginning.

The creator of the Real ID Act, Rep. James Sensenbrenner, smiles and tells us that his Real ID Act is all about "solving illegal immigration" or "preventing terrorists from entering the country." This is one of the biggest of the thousands of "Big Lies" we've heard from the tyrants in Washington. The Real ID Act is about tracking and controlling Americans. You. Me. Our children. Everybody.

In May 2008, barring a miracle, America as we once knew it will be in ruins. It will be gone. And the rights of gun owners will be among the first scheduled for destruction.

GUN OWNERS: PREPARE TO RESIST

Here's your future:

* You walk into a gun store, fill out your 4473, and show your government ID just as you now do. But instead of looking at your license and taking down some information, the clerk runs the license (which is likely to contain a radio-frequency ID chip) through a scanner. Your purchase is instantly recorded in your _state_ drivers license registry. The federal government isn't currently allowed to keep a gun registry. But no problem; the Real ID act gives them an open door into your state records.

* Complete information on every firearm you buy will be instantly available to every police officer (and possibly every government employee, store clerk, or computer hacker) you ever encounter. You'll be an instant criminal suspect every time you deal with someone who has access to the database.

* Just as travelers are encouraged to get background checks and give fingerprints to avoid some of the worst excesses of TSA screening, gun owners will be encouraged to get background checks and give whatever biometric ID the Department of Homeland Security requires. This will be sold as a "benefit," ensuring you'll never again experience an "instant-check" delay. In fact, Congress, the ATF, or the FBI might even "mandate" 5-day or 15-day delays for anyone not enrolled in the "Trusted Firearms Buyer" program.

* The private purchase "loophole" will be closed, so that all gun buyers must make trackable purchases. (The ultimate goal is for _every_ purchase of every kind to be trackable.)

* Buying ammo? The store scans your national ID card and -- bingo! -- your purchase is registered in the state database.

* The federal government or state governments can now also _effectively_ legislate limits on the amount or kind of ammunition you're "allowed" to purchase. Try to buy more and the database instantly rejects you.

* The federal government or state governments can now also _effectively_ legislate limits on the number of guns you may own. Try to buy more, and the database rejects you.

* Eventually -- after the federal government "discovers" the obvious, that national ID won't stop either illegal immigration or terrorism -- the old attack on "evil guns" will resume. When they want your .50 BMG . they'll know just where to find it (because the Real ID act says your home address _must_ be revealed). When they want your evil "scoped sniper rifle" (you know, the one you hunt deer with), they'll know just how to get it. Ditto with you "Saturday Night Special" or your "assault weapon."

* If you don't surrender your guns, well, then the Department of Homeland Security will cut off your driving "privilege," as well as your right to escape the growing police state via plane. You'll be a prisoner in your own home, in your own country. Or you'll be forced to function as an outlaw, operating and living a precarious existence beneath the government radar.

PARANOID? OR PAYING ATTENTION?

You say these projections are ridiculous? That we're paranoid?

Well, frankly, if the Real ID Act doesn't make you paranoid, you're not paying enough attention. We ask you to consider the long-term impact of a few other acts of government.

In the 1930s, Congress promised us that our social security numbers would never, absolutely never, be used for identification. Now, they're the key to everything about us -- and without a social security number you won't get a drivers license and you won't even be "allowed" to drive after May 2008.

In 1913, Congress and the media swore to us that the brand- new income tax would only affect the rich. Well, how rich do you feel after paying 40 percent of your income (or more!) in taxes?

This is the way government works. They've even got a term for it: mission creep. And there is no creepier mission than the mission the federal government has currently set itself: to track everyone, everywhere, and to control what we do.

We warned you in _The State vs. the People_ (http://www.jpfo.org/tsvtp.htm ) that this was coming. That book is still relevant, still a good read, and still filled with information about what our future will be like in this new American police state.

Be forewarned. Be aware.

REAL ID: IT'S THE LAW AND IT'S CRIMINAL

Please take a moment to go to this site:
http://www.rebelfirerock.com/home.html.

Click on the link that leads to the song "Justice Day."
Listen to the music or read the lyrics.

Here's the opening of the song:

You're the boot.
Stomping on the human face forever.
You're the eye.
Staring down on everyone and ever seeing all.
You're the lie.
Twisting all our minds into your whoredom.
You are Death.
You are war.
You are slavery.
You're the law.
You're the law.
You're the LAW!

George Orwell was the first to describe totalitarianism as a "boot stomping on the human face forever." But in Orwell's day Americans would have had a hard time believing that the law -- the good old, all-American legislature -- all those smiling senators and "representatives" would be the ones to plant their iron heels in our faces. Back in those innocent days, we imagined tyranny would come from _outside_.

Well, tyranny is here. And it's a gift from the very people we so trustingly put into office.

Tyranny is THE LAW.

Is this a way to run a country? Tacking something as onerous as national ID onto a must-pass bill and making it law without any debate? What does this say about people the gun owners consider their friends? In the House, where the bill containing the Real ID Act passed 368-58, only three Republicans voted against it. Here's the final roll-call vote so you can see how your own congressperson voted: http://tinyurl.com/cr3bj )

In the Senate, not one person cared enough about freedom to vote against it -- or even to demand that senators _discuss_ it.

(The Real ID Act originally passed the House in February as a standalone bill (H.R. 418) by a vote of 261-to-161. House leaders, realizing national ID would have been in trouble in the Senate, then added it to a must-pass military appropriations bill in a cynical ploy to make it almost impossible to fight national ID.)

Turning America into a full-fledged police state was just business as usual to your representatives. And, just as Adolf Hitler scrupulously followed German law while committing his horrors, so your "representatives" and the bureaucrats you face at the national-ID drivers license bureau will also be following the law -- the Real ID law that allows them to enslave you.

(To see what a real Bill of Rights leader would do, read the novel _Hope_ by Aaron Zelman and L. Neil Smith: http://www.jpfo.org/hope.htm .)

WHAT NEXT?

We have two choices now: Resist or submit.

More than 600 organizations, from the American Civil Liberties Union to the National Governors Association, opposed the bill. Even the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators (which loves national ID and was largely responsible for an earlier attempt at such legislation nine years ago) criticized it.

We can expect lawsuits against national ID, including at least one suit led by state governments.

However, nearly all the opposition from state governments focuses on one area: They're upset because the federal government didn't offer them extra money to enslave us. If Congress bribes them with enough millions and billions, they'll gladly sell our freedom.

Only one state, Montana, has so far absolutely refused to cooperate with national ID. The Montana legislature passed a law saying they would not go along. However, that will mean that Montana residents are barred from flying without extreme extra scrutiny or from applying for federal benefits because their licenses will be "non-compliant." Although we applaud the courageous Montana legislators, no doubt we'll soon hear many Montanans demanding the "privilege" of having a real national ID card.

Ultimately, real resistance is up to us, as individuals. There are certain courses of action JPFO cannot recommend. But every freedom lover should be pleased if all the people who had a hand in creating Real ID act lost their jobs -- soon. And those individuals who truly value their (and their children's) futures should seriously consider making national ID their line in the sand.

We have already heard from many people saying they will drive without a license rather than submit to a license that has become a Stalinist control document. We just hope their resolve stays equally strong when they face a world in which it's impossible to buy, sell, retire, travel -- or buy a gun -- without national ID.

We ask you to remember men like Alexandr Solzhenitzyn
http://tinyurl.com/at9yn and Natan Sharansky
http://tinyurl.com/chwet .

Both stood up and boldly opposed a tyrannical regime in the Soviet Union. Both risked their lives. Both suffered horribly for their resistance and their protests. But eventually, they triumphed -- and the Soviet Union crumbled.

We are in need of such people, and such courage, today. We cannot wait for _someone else_ to stand up and show that kind of integrity.

We must become the kind of people we admire if we are ever again to live in a nation we can trust.

G-d help us if we fail.*

- The Liberty Crew

ABOUT THE REAL ID ACT

Text of the law:
http://tinyurl.com/3qdv4

"No Real Debate for Real ID"
http://tinyurl.com/b4xqv

"Last Chance to Stop National ID"
http://www.antiwar.com/paul/?articleid=5887 . (written before
Senate passage)

* We spell G-d this way because in Judaism it is considered
a sign of respect. We spell out the name of the Creator
only in sacred settings.

Original Material in JPFO ALERTS is Copyright 2005 JPFO, Inc.
Permission is granted to reproduce this alert in full, so long
as the following JPFO contact information is included:

Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership
PO Box 270143
Hartford, Wisconsin 53027

Phone: 1-262-673-9745
Order line: 1-800-869-1884 (toll-free!)
Fax: 1-262-673-9746
http://www.jpfo.org/

Offline adissenter2

• Revolt Time
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2008, 12:45:04 pm »
Why would the Federal government need to id me when that is already with the state of Illinois.
because you are a ward under federal jurisdiction and the DVM is a federal agency

this topic is huge but the majority go on doing what they do best

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! Molon Labe! Come and take them!

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2008, 12:45:11 pm »
Im at school now, a senior. trying to get people to read. thanx, cuz it'll effect us 1st!

again, sorry for being a dick, i hope those links help

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2008, 12:45:19 pm »
Excellent site Sane, I have been there and getting some of my info about this so called 'national id' from there. I would recomend this site to anyone wanting to seriusly look into it.

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2008, 12:46:45 pm »
because you are a ward under federal jurisdiction and the DVM is a federal agency

this topic is huge but the majority go on doing what they do best

Yeah I was being sarcastic lol.

Offline Nailer

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2008, 03:39:16 pm »

Does the name : soylent Green ring a bell???
I am a realist that is slightly conservative yet I have some republican demeanor that can turn democrat when I feel the urge to flip independant.

The truth shall set you free, if not a 45ACP round will do the trick.. HEHE

Offline Nailer

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2008, 03:43:17 pm »
Correct me if I'm wrong here, I forget a lot of stuff in my old age lol. But I thought it was up to the states to id the states citizens, not the Federal government to do so. By making a national id it is taking away states rights. Remember, local government is the best government. Why would the Federal government need to id me when that is already with the state of Illinois.

A fellow Illinosan , that is good to know.  I myself will have to research further into the Drivers license . As far as a National ID card forget it..I dont want it or need it.
I am a realist that is slightly conservative yet I have some republican demeanor that can turn democrat when I feel the urge to flip independant.

The truth shall set you free, if not a 45ACP round will do the trick.. HEHE

setmefree

National ID cards
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2008, 04:24:39 pm »
This is all over the news lately.  I read an article which said there will be no microchips in this card but I'm not buying it.  People 42 and under are the first to have to get this new card, why is that?  Criminals can't be over 42, what a bunch of crap.  How do I find out if my state is one of the states fighting this? 

Re: National ID cards
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2008, 04:38:59 pm »
"So far, 17 states have passed legislation or resolutions objecting to the REAL ID Act's provisions, many due to concerns it will cost them too much to comply. The 17, according to the ACLU, are Arkansas, Colorado, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Maine, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee and Washington." -Yahoo news

setmefree

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2008, 04:49:15 pm »
"So far, 17 states have passed legislation or resolutions objecting to the REAL ID Act's provisions, many due to concerns it will cost them too much to comply. The 17, according to the ACLU, are Arkansas, Colorado, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Maine, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee and Washington." -Yahoo news
It sounds as if DHS will go forward with the program regardless.  They said the states that don't comply, the people won't be able to board planes or enter gov buildings with their regular licences.  What really gets me is I thought they wanted limited government, you know privatize health insurance, social security, schools ect.  but they have no problem forcing everyone to get their little microchiped ID cards.  Hey A-holes you can't have it both ways and pick and choose what you want to nose into our lives about.  Unbelievable!

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2008, 05:38:27 pm »
42 and under-  sounds like the draft,  don't vote for McCain or any other Republican except Ron Paul
I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.

Offline Noel Degrassi

• First Responders First
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2008, 09:22:39 pm »
Here's a link to an AP Video with Mikhail Chertov........moonlighting for the Ministry of Truth.

http://www.att.net/s/editorial.dll?pnum=1&bfromind=7409&eeid=5630198&_sitecat=599&dcatid=0&eetype=article&render=y&ac=-2&ck=&ch=ne&_lid=135&_lnm=hm+mc+videos

This is the tyrannical equivalent of doing burnouts before a drag race. They're fuelin' the engines and are ready to go. This is now going incredibly public and now they're coming right out and saying "If you don't comply....then you don't fly.......Johnnie Cochran, represent!...Peace out." Translation: "WE ARE COMING TO YOU......YOU WILL EXPLODE IN A FEW MINUTES" - Translation: "You Are Officially F**KED!!........Have a nice day."

Offline DCUBED

• Sieg Heil!
REAL ID Announced!!!
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2008, 11:35:34 pm »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080112/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/secure_driver_s_licenses

New ID rules may complicate air travel

WASHINGTON - Millions of air travelers may find going through airport security much more complicated this spring, as the Bush administration heads toward a showdown with state governments over post-Sept. 11 rules for new driver's licenses. By May, the dispute could leave millions of people unable to use their licenses to board planes, but privacy advocates called that a hollow threat by federal officials.

Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff, who was unveiling final details of the REAL ID Act's rules on Friday, said that if states want their licenses to remain valid for air travel after May 2008, those states must seek a waiver indicating they want more time to comply with the legislation.

The deadline is an effort to get states to begin phasing in the REAL ID program. Citizens born after Dec. 1, 1964, would have six years to get a new license; older Americans would have until 2017.

Chertoff said that for any state which doesn't seek such a waiver by May, residents of that state will have to use a passport or certain types of federal border-crossing cards if they want to avoid a vigorous secondary screening at airport security.

"The last thing I want to do is punish citizens of a state who would love to have a REAL ID license but can't get one," Chertoff said. "But in the end, the rule is the rule as passed by Congress."

The plan's chief critic, the American Civil Liberties Union, called Chertoff's deadline a bluff — and urged state governments to call him on it.

"Are they really prepared to shut those airports down? Which is what effectively would happen if the residents of those states are going to have to go through secondary scrutiny," said Barry Steinhardt, director of the ACLU's technology and liberty program. "This is a scare tactic."

So far, 17 states have passed legislation or resolutions objecting to the REAL ID Act's provisions, many due to concerns it will cost them too much to comply. The 17, according to the ACLU, are Arkansas, Colorado, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Maine, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee and Washington.

Maine officials said Friday they were unsure if their own state law even allows them to ask for a waiver.

"It certainly seems to be an effort by the federal government to create compliance with REAL ID whether states have an interest in doing so or not," said Don Cookson, spokesman for the Maine secretary of state's office.

The Sept. 11 attacks were the main motivation for the changes: The hijacker-pilot who flew into the Pentagon, Hani Hanjour, had four driver's licenses and ID cards from three states.

The Homeland Security Department and other officials say the only way to ensure an ID is safe is to check it against secure government data; critics such as the ACLU say that creates a system that is more likely to be infiltrated and have its personal data pilfered.

Congress passed the REAL ID law in 2005, but the effort has been delayed by opposition from states worried about the cost and civil libertarians upset about what they believe are invasions of privacy. A key deadline would come in 2011, when federal authorities hope all states will be in compliance.

To make the plan more appealing to cost-conscious states, federal authorities drastically reduced the expected cost from $14.6 billion to $3.9 billion, a 73 percent decline, said Homeland Security officials familiar with the plan.

By 2014, anyone seeking to board an airplane or enter a federal building would have to present a REAL ID-compliant card, with the notable exception of those older than 50, Homeland Security officials said.

The over-50 exemption was created to give states more time to get everyone new licenses, and officials say the risk of someone in that age group being a terrorist, illegal immigrant or con artist is much less. By 2017, even those over 50 must have a REAL ID-compliant card to board a plane.

Among other details of the REAL ID plan:

_The traditional driver's license photograph would be taken at the beginning of the application instead of the end so that if someone is rejected for failure to prove identity and citizenship, the applicant's photo would be kept on file and checked if that person tried to con the system again.

_The cards will have three layers of security measures but will not contain microchips as some had expected. States will be able to choose from a menu which security measures they will put in their cards.

_After Social Security and immigration status checks become nationwide practice, officials plan to move on to more expansive security checks. State DMV offices would be required to verify birth certificates; check with other states to ensure an applicant doesn't have more than one license; and check with the State Department to verify applicants who use passports to get a driver's license.
“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”  - Arthur Conan Doyle

"The individual is handicapped by coming face-to-face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists." J. Edgar Hoover

Offline larsonstdoc

Re: REAL ID Announced!!!
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2008, 11:41:58 pm »

More money down a rat hole. I still think that the 1964 thing is for a possible upcoming draft.

Chertoff-  Russian meaning "son of the devil"

Offline industria

• industria
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2008, 12:03:23 am »

(also here)
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=21681.new#new

Voter ID law an ugly effort to subvert ballot
http://www.ajc.com/opinion/content/opinion/tucker/stories/2008/01/11/tucked_0113.html
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution | CYNTHIA TUCKER | 01/13/08

If the U.S. Supreme Court upholds Indiana's harsh voter ID law, as it seems poised to do, hundreds of thousands of black Americans should march in protest. So should hundreds of thousands of Latino Americans. Native Americans, too. Political activists from across the ethnic spectrum should convene the biggest political demonstration since the historic March on Washington in 1963.

Where is Al Sharpton when a genuinely critical issue comes along? Where's Jesse Jackson?

The GOP-led campaign to pass stringent voter ID laws is a greater injustice than the prosecutions of the Jena Six, more significant than the incarceration of Michael Vick, more damaging than the insulting rants of Don Imus. This is a brazen effort to block the votes of thousands of people of color who might have the temerity to vote for Democrats. And it's un-American.

As happened in several states, including Georgia, the then-GOP-dominated Indiana Legislature pushed through a rigid law in 2005 requiring voters to produce a state-sponsored photo ID at the poll. While the Republican spin machine has worked mightily to portray this as an effort to curb voter fraud, it is no such thing. There has never — never — been a single documented case of "voter impersonation" at the ballot box, with a fake voter using an electric bill or phone bill to pretend to be a valid voter.

Earlier this month, radio journalist Warren Olney pressed Indiana Secretary of State Todd Rokita about the prosecution of voter impersonation cases in Indiana. "Oh, yeah. We suspect it happens all the time," Rokita said.

"Suspect?" Olney countered.

"Well, are you saying you want to define whether or not there's fraud based on whether or not it's prosecuted?" Rokita answered, adding, "It's a hard type of crime to catch. ... It's hard to catch one in the act."

OK, then. Got that? It's a little like the search for life on other planets. Extra-terrestrials are out there, even if none has actually been spotted.

(If Republicans were interested in actual voter fraud, they would have tightened the rules for absentee ballots, since that's where most voter fraud occurs. But because absentee voters tend to vote Republican, many GOP-dominated legislatures have made absentee balloting rules less stringent.)

But there is evidence aplenty of this: There are thousands of law-abiding registered voters across the land who have no government-sponsored ID — no passport, no driver's license — and who will be banned from the ballot box if the highest court upholds this highly partisan law.

It is difficult for middle-class citizens to believe, I know. If you live in the comfortable economic mainstream, where taking airplane trips and renting DVDs is a routine part of life, you can't imagine voters without a state-sponsored photo ID.

But they're out there. Just ask Mary-Jo Criswell, 71. Her ballot was thrown out when she showed up at her Indiana polling place expecting to use the same forms of ID, including a bank card with a photo, that she had used in the past. She has epilepsy, she says, so she has never had a driver's license.

Citizens like Criswell are Americans, too, and they have every right to vote, just like it says in the Bill of Rights. It is elitism, pure and simple, to suggest that requiring them to obtain a state-sponsored photo ID is a "minor inconvenience." But that's exactly what Justice Anthony Kennedy called it during oral arguments, noting that the law is expected to affect only a small percentage of voters.

That's true. The GOP is aiming at a small pool of voters — mostly poor, often elderly, usually black or brown — who lack driver's licenses. As it happens, they tend to support Democrats. With so many elections decided by a margin of a few hundred votes, Republicans figure they can stay in power by blocking just a few Democratic ballots.

But the Republicans could be in for a jolt. The electorate seems much more excited about Democratic candidates this year. The Democratic presidential candidates have topped the Republicans in fund-raising, and in early primary states, more Democratic ballots have been cast than Republican ones.

The way things are going, Republicans running for national office could lose by a lot of votes — not a few. So they'll need a new scam to win elections.
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. - MLK

industria jewelry
on Etsy
on Trunkt

Offline Brendan

• Space4Peace
What’s Behind the REAL ID Act?
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2008, 07:46:40 pm »
Source: http://www.plrc.org/blog/2008/01/16/real-id-act-16-january-2008/

What’s Behind the REAL ID Act?

Homeland Security Director Michael Chertoff rated a nationally syndicated article January 16th to plug the REAL ID Act which Bush signed into law on 11 May 2005. The Act mandates standardized state driver’s licenses as the official piece of identification effective 31 December 2009. After that date, non-compliant licenses, or identification cards for non-drivers — will not be valid ID for boarding commercial aircraft, admission to nuclear power plants, or for entry into any other federal or federally-regulated facility. To obtain one of these licenses a person must present proof of identity, verification of Social Security status, proof of residency, and proof of citizenship or legal-alien status. The license or ID card must contain at least four pieces of biometric identification that are machine-readable by all states and the federal government.

Chertoff uses a form of propaganda called “implied truths” in his article. He asks three rhetorical questions: “Should banks cash checks from people who cannot prove who they are? Should parents hire babysitters they know nothing about? Should airlines let passengers on board without validating their identity?”

Of course we all know the answer to those questions but Chertoff doesn’t say the present documents aren’t adequate. Instead he implies inadequacy with another rhetorical question – “But are [the present] documents necessarily reliable?” – and then asks us to consider several facts:

1. Fact: All except one of the 9/11 hijackers carried government ID that helped them board planes and remain in the country illegally. Anyone who has seriously studied the events leading up to 9/11 knows it was the officials who are supposed to examine the IDs that goofed – all the way from a traffic cop issuing a citation to the lack of communication between the CIA and FBI.

2. Fact: Last year immigration and customs officials charged hundreds of illegal workers with identification document fraud. Sounds like they are doing what they are supposed to do. Nevertheless, Chertoff doesn’t show how the REAL ID Act will prevent document fraud except for a requirement to make licenses harder to counterfeit. Such efforts haven’t prevented counterfeiting of US currency.

3. Fact: In 2005, “identity theft cost American households $64 billion, and 28 percent of those incidents likely required a driver’s license to perpetrate.” (emphasis added) Millions of drivers’ licenses are stolen annually and the REAL ID Act will help identity theft by consolidating all the pertinent information. There is nothing in the Act requiring encryption, and that has never proved effective anyway.

The REAL ID Act is actually an end run around Congress. Following 9/11, the Bush administration tried to create a National ID Card. Congress wouldn’t go for that because of privacy concerns and the implications of a police state. The Homeland Security Act of 2002, which created the Department of Homeland Security, contained a rider prohibiting such a card. To get around that prohibition, the Bush administration proposed legislation requiring the states to standardize their primary identification document. Although each state will have its own database, those databases will be interactive among all states and the federal government. With today’s computer technology, the entire lot can be accessed with a single query.

All of this came together as the REAL ID Act. It was slipped through Congress without debate as an attachment to war-funding authorizations for Afghanistan and Iraq. By the end of 2009 we will, in effect, have a National ID Card for the USA.

Bob Aldridge,

16 January 2007

Source: http://www.plrc.org/blog/2008/01/16/real-id-act-16-january-2008/

Offline phillysleeper

• Live on your Knees,or Die on your Feet,Your Choice
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2008, 08:15:01 pm »
BigBrother in a Box!get yours for 999.99 + tyrannical oppression!

On the Eastern Front

Offline truth.researcher

Immigration and Biometrics in 2002
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2008, 02:58:26 am »
In 2002 a friend of mine entered the united states as a citizen from another country.

As he was passing through immigration, the person at the counter didn't speak a word to him, never asked any questions and then said "I'm not letting you in the country at this time".

My friend asked what happened then, and he was directed to follow a yellow path to a secondary processing area.

Here he was videotaped and asked a bunch of questions and also was made to take a retinal scan.

The cover story they gave was that they wanted to make sure he didn't work illegally in the country but looking back my friend says that now seems like a ruse.

He did eventually legally obtain citizenship but has been too afraid to approach the ACLU to contest the invasion of privacy.

The biometric scans were taking place about 1 year after 9/11 and I believe before recommendations were made about such technology.

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
Re: Immigration and Biometrics in 2002
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2008, 06:36:41 am »
This article from 11/17/2001 is very interesting concerning Newt Gingrich and Diane Feinstein wanting to iris scan everyone and to put it all on ID cards (Newt says "not for Americans" but that is just the good cop/bad cop game):
 ----------------------------
Oracle Keeps Pushing ID Card
http://www.wired.com/politics/law/news/2001/11/48482?currentPage=2
Declan McCullagh  11.17.01 | 2:00 AM

WASHINGTON -- Oracle still seems to adore the idea of a national ID card. At a congressional hearing on Friday, a company executive echoed the pro-ID arguments that Oracle CEO Larry Ellison drew fire for popularizing last month. "By establishing a standard and secure national identifier, we could ensure that any system that chose to use it could effectively share information with other systems that use it," Oracle vice president Tim Hoechst said. Hoechst told the House Government Reform Committee that even more important than having a national ID card, are the positive "relationships between critical information systems that a standard identifier will enable."

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, who also testified, said: "I believe all foreign visitors should be scanned as they enter the country and have their biometric identity recorded on the card." The Immigration and Naturalization Service already has a voluntary biometric ID system, INSPASS, which is intended to allow its holders to move through border checkpoints quickly. INSPASS has no central database: Fingerprints are stored on smartcards, and fingers and cards are scanned at the border and checked for a match.

But Gingrich said: "I would not institute a national ID card because you do get into civil liberties issues." Driver's licenses have served as somewhat-standard identification documents, but a national ID card would include at least a few other features: It would likely be tied to a massive database; Americans may be required to carry it at all times; it probably would include biometric information such as fingerprints, DNA data or retinal scans. After the hearing, the Electronic Privacy Information Center organized a "shred-in" outside the Capitol building where activists destroyed spoof ID cards with handheld shredders.
- - -
Your eyeballs, please: About the only thing Sen. Dianne Feinstein likes more than biometric ID devices are hearings devoted to them. On Wednesday, the California Democrat used her chairmanship of a key Senate subcommittee to convene a hearing on biometric systems -- but invited only government officials and biometric industry representatives to testify. No critics were permitted to speak. Nobody has a problem with private firms using biometric identifiers such as a retinal scan or a fingerprint to, say, safeguard sensitive computer labs. But when governments start thinking about embedding biometric information into a national ID card or demanding such information from airline passengers, then it raises privacy issues.

Monte Belger, acting deputy administrator of the FAA, said during Wednesday's hearing that "25 airports are using biometrics, but we would like to extend that to all airports.... There is very little used today of these biometric systems at our nation's airports." Feinstein has introduced the Visa Entry Reform Act to create a "SmartVisa" card for immigrants, which would include fingerprints, retinal scans or face recognition data. "If we had biometrics, we could have potentially forestalled the Sept. 11 attacks," Feinstein said.  Michael Kirkpatrick, assistant director in charge of the FBI's Criminal Justice Information Service Division, saw things differently. "There is no sign that biometrics will be a be-all end-all," Kirkpatrick said. "Fingerprints will play a role in identifying someone and enrolling them in the system. To my knowledge, none of the Sept. 11 terrorists were in the FBI's database."
---------------------------------
----------------------
Biometrics: The future of security
http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/airportsecurity/biometrics.html
CBC News Online | Updated December 14, 2004

Are retinal scans for airport security in the future?
http://weblogs.jupiterresearch.com/analysts/clarkson/archives/2006/08/are_retinal_sca_1.html
Diane Clarkson | August 30, 2006, 11:55 AM

------------------------
More BS:
http://www.wired.com/politics/law/news/2001/11/48482?currentPage=2
Permanent storage: Britain is contemplating legislation that would require Internet providers to record vast amounts of traffic that flows through their networks. The so-called "anti-terrorism, crime and security" bill would grant sweeping powers to the Secretary of State, including the authority to ban anonymous remailers operating on British soil. On Monday, the measure was introduced in Parliament, and its opponents expect it to become law by the end of the year.