Author Topic: Creepy census shenanigans in Chicago  (Read 9595 times)

Offline africknamerican

• Born "Truther"
Creepy census shenanigans in Chicago
« on: June 11, 2014, 04:54:57 pm »
Tis is nuts. People only act this way when they are incentivized for success and/or punished for failure.

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-80428774/

Offline One Revelator

Re: Creepy census shenanigans in Chicago
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 05:39:39 pm »
I can’t believe this crap is still going on four years after the fact. In my area, the census bureau hired locals that loved to be nosy and power trip. If they got fired, they would be re-hired the very next day. This was done to boost the employment statistics for the census bureau so they could claim many jobs created for this task.

If they were getting paid by the hour and were told to find out about somebody by means other than face-to-face, then that would indeed encourage this type of behavior.
The number one cause of all human poverty, misery, and death is not global warming. It’s GLOBAL LYING.

Offline africknamerican

• Born "Truther"
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 03:06:33 pm »
I'm wondering if they aren't receiving some kind of bonus tied to results. I know about intrusive door to door stuff since i've been a door -to-door salesman. We annoyed the hell out of people and got the cops called on is regularly, but only because of the fat commissions from every sale and the prizes handed out!

Offline One Revelator

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 04:17:44 pm »
Where I was, the people that applied to be workers were boasting about the pay rate. No bonus required. As usual, whoever goes along with the govcorp agenda gets financially rewarded…for now…until they don’t need you anymore. Thus the “mistakes” and  “confusion”, and the need to revisit the same people over and over again. From what I’ve seen, whenever somebody gets paid by the hour, they will milk that cash cow for all it’s worth. Even if it gets dragged out for 4 years.

Seen the same with government grants for projects that never quite get finished. There’s a reason for that.
The number one cause of all human poverty, misery, and death is not global warming. It’s GLOBAL LYING.