Author Topic: The Tillman Story Documentary (2010) - Expose or Bait and Switch Psi-op  (Read 8238 times)

Offline Brocke

• Eleutherophiliac & Drapetomaniac
  • Global Moderator
  • I am not a number, I am a free man!
    • Vimeo page

At first I thought that this would be another "Flight 93" bullsh*t thumb sucking, flag waving, distraction. But then I noticed that YouTube was removing all the trailers that people were uploading. I finally found this interview with the director and it looks like it might be the real thing exposing the fact that the military tried to cover up Tillman's death as "friendly fire".

We'll have to see but it looks like it's another truth documentary.

The Tillman Story

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/the-tillman-story/meet-the-artists

An interview with Amir Bar-Lev, the Director of The Tillman Story which will premiere at the 2010 Sundance Film Festival. Also, the first small bits of the film are shown.

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
~Aldous Huxley

He who has a why to live can bear almost any how. - ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline happyJoy

• I'M the cat!
Bump!

Keep Pat Tillman and his family's story out there.

Real way to support our troops.
Another bucket of blood under the bridge, you learn to love bridges and never look down. - HST

Offline Valerius

Pat Tillman movie coming
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 09:07:38 pm »
"Burns: Tillman documentary coming soon"

by Dave Burns/Sports 620 KTAR

Copyright © 2010 Bonneville International. All rights reserved

http://ktar.com/?sid=1307165&nid=630
"No man can put a chain about the ankle of his fellow man without at last finding the other end fastened about his own neck."  -Frederick Douglass

Offline jeremystalked1

Here's the latest trailer.  Truthumentary.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/weinstein/thetillmanstory/

Offline nustada

If the movie is about him being gunned down, for his verbal preperation of speaking against the Irag "war", while it not being as a message to others solders not to speak, then it is an expose. Anything else it is a psi-op.

Offline Brocke

• Eleutherophiliac & Drapetomaniac
  • Global Moderator
  • I am not a number, I am a free man!
    • Vimeo page
Re: The Tillman Story Documentary (2010) - Expose or Bait and Switch Psi-op
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 02:11:10 am »

Josh Brolin blasts 'Tillman's' R rating
EXCLUSIVE: Actor criticizes MPAA's ruling on film

By Alex Ben Block
Aug 13, 2010, 03:12 PM ET

The decision to slap an R rating on documentary " The Tillman Story" had its narrator, Josh Brolin, steaming at its Los Angeles premiere on Thursday evening.

"It seems like the profanity in this movie lends to the profundity of the movie in celebrating who these people were," Brolin told THR.

Brolin added that what upsets him was the unfairness of the Motion Picture Association of America system, whose ruling was sustained on appeal earlier in the day. He said he can take his two children “to see exploding head and blood and guts” at other films and “they tell me that's O.K.”

However, the use of the word “f**k” in the documentary, which tells the story of Tillman, an All-American football player who gave it all up to join the Army only to be killed by his fellow soldiers, is not acceptable for young adults.

“It doesn't seem very balanced to me,” continued Brolin, the son of actor James Brolin, who was also on hand at the premiere.

The documentary depicts the Tillman family as caring people, but also a family that used and tolerated a lot of what Tillman's courageous mother called “swear words.” His brother used the F word in front of family friends and dignitaries at his funeral.
About Town gallery    

And Tillman himself, as he was being fired on by his own fellow soldiers, used it in his final breath, saying “I'm Pat f**king Tillman,” which is repeated several times in the documentary.

Read more
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3id4800d851700dee9a037fc2066e96035

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
~Aldous Huxley

He who has a why to live can bear almost any how. - ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline creat3d

Re: The Tillman Story Documentary (2010) - Expose or Bait and Switch Psi-op
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 02:23:57 am »
The documentary depicts the Tillman family as caring people, but also a family that used and tolerated a lot of what Tillman's courageous mother called “swear words.” His brother used the F word in front of family friends and dignitaries at his funeral.

Who the F*CK still gets offended by the f-word?? People are getting butchered over lies and what offends them is a f*cking word?