Author Topic: A 49 year old Message to the PRESS from a dead president  (Read 4132 times)

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
A 49 year old Message to the PRESS from a dead president
« on: April 13, 2010, 08:07:28 am »
The President and the Press:
Address before the American Newspaper Publishers Association
President John F. Kennedy

Waldorf-Astoria Hotel - New York City, April 27, 1961
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1710662559138481080

If the press is awaiting a declaration of war before it imposes the self-discipline of combat conditions, then I can only say that...

no war ever posed a greater threat to our security.

If you are awaiting a finding of "clear and present danger," then I can only say that

the danger has never been more clear and its presence has never been more imminent.

It requires a change in outlook, a change in tactics, a change in missions--by the government, by the people, by every businessman or labor leader, and by every newspaper.

For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence--on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day.

It is a system which has conscripted vast human and material resources into the building of a tightly knit, highly efficient machine that combines military, diplomatic, intelligence, economic, scientific and political operations.

Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried, not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed.

[...]

It is the unprecedented nature of this challenge that also gives rise to your second obligation--an obligation which I share. And that is our obligation to inform and alert the American people--to make certain that they possess all the facts that they need, and understand them as well--the perils, the prospects, the purposes of our program and the choices that we face.

No President should fear public scrutiny of his program.

For from that scrutiny comes understanding; and from that understanding comes support or opposition.

And both are necessary.

I am not asking your newspapers to support the Administration, but I am asking your help in the tremendous task of informing and alerting the American people.

For I have complete confidence in the response and dedication of our citizens whenever they are fully informed.

I not only could not stifle controversy among your readers--I welcome it. This Administration intends to be candid about its errors; for as a wise man once said: "An error does not become a mistake until you refuse to correct it." We intend to accept full responsibility for our errors; and we expect you to point them out when we miss them.

Without debate, without criticism, no Administration and no country can succeed--

and no republic can survive.

That is why the Athenian lawmaker Solon decreed it a crime for any citizen to shrink from controversy.

And that is why our press was protected by the First Amendment-- the only business in America specifically protected by the Constitution- -not primarily to amuse and entertain, not to emphasize the trivial and the sentimental, not to simply "give the public what it wants"--but to inform, to arouse, to reflect, to state our dangers and our opportunities, to indicate our crises and our choices, to lead, mold, educate and sometimes even anger public opinion.

This means greater coverage and analysis of international news--for it is no longer far away and foreign but close at hand and local. It means greater attention to improved understanding of the news as well as improved transmission. And it means, finally, that government at all levels, must meet its obligation to provide you with the fullest possible information outside the narrowest limits of national security--and we intend to do it.

It was early in the Seventeenth Century that Francis Bacon remarked on three recent inventions already transforming the world: the compass, gunpowder and the printing press. Now the links between the nations first forged by the compass have made us all citizens of the world, the hopes and threats of one becoming the hopes and threats of us all. In that one world's efforts to live together, the evolution of gunpowder to its ultimate limit has warned mankind of the terrible consequences of failure.

And so it is to the printing press--to the recorder of man's deeds, the keeper of his conscience, the courier of his news--that we look for strength and assistance, confident that with your help man will be what he was born to be:

free and independent.

All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline jeremystalked1

Re: A 49 year old Message to the PRESS from a dead president
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 08:11:24 am »
Conspiracy theorist!

ImmortalTRUTH

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 08:18:00 am »
Thank you Sane. Great speech

Kennedy warned us.. Eisenhower warned us..

Offline agentbluescreen

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 08:31:38 am »
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster...

and if you gaze too long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you"

~ Mark Twain (Samuel Clements)

Jesus said, "Blessed is the lion which becomes man when consumed by man; and cursed is the man whom the lion consumes, and the lion [beast] becomes man."

I yay that when you have adopted the machinations of tyranny to "defeat it" you have lost the war.

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 08:43:28 am »

The last sentence is awesome.

And so it is to the printing press--to the recorder of man's deeds, the keeper of his conscience, the courier of his news--that we look for strength and assistance, confident that with your help man will be what he was born to be:

free and independent.
I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.

Offline lamourlady

• ICHTHYS: Bible Study for Spiritual Growth
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 08:59:37 am »
Unfortunately, the power of the press that should be informing has now been taken over for the power it truly has.  We can only depend on ourselves at this point and those brave enough to expose the truth.  Thank God for this site and others like it.  Kudos to you Sane and all others who continually dig for this truth and make it known to us.   Rock on!

Offline jofortruth

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 09:17:45 am »
More Links:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS7l6i4w11U&feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXKzKrIrg1s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g81_1Oznz-s

NB: The last second (1sec) of the video is bugged.(cut) " with your help man will be what he was born to be: free and independent."

The Script:
http://pastebin.com/f65d4172a
Don't believe me. Look it up yourself!

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 09:28:10 am »

Inverting the Pyramid is the Answer

Return ultimate soverignty to the actual people,
Return ultimate power to the actual people,
Return control to the actual people.

Make central power the servant of the people.

All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline chris jones

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 11:18:35 am »

JFK a modern day prophet, his words should be posted on every wall in this nation.
Along with RFK & MLK.

When the Elites assassinated these enlightened men, heroes-prophets, they the elites beleived they gained their crowning glory, the mastery of this nation.

Let the 3K's be our matyrs, let freedom ring.. the rules of engagement, TRUTH vs EVIL

Folks , to this day I feel their loss along with a hatred for those parasites  who orchestrated and carried out their murders.

The dakness can't tolerate light, and these men were the light. The message they carried can not be forgotten nor their sacrifice.

I remember well hearing of the lottery in Europe concerning JFK., bets were placed on how long he would live after he had assaulted the FED and  he made it known he would stop the war in Vietnam!!!!!

Offline trailhound

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2010, 10:43:13 pm »

The last sentence is awesome.

+1

Prison Planet Forum is my free press 8) keep it up, we're doing our little part of what JFK proscribed.

"Do not let your hatred of a people incite you to aggression." Qur'an 5:2
At the heart of that Western freedom and democracy is the belief that the individual man, the child of God, is the touchstone of value..." -RFK

Viper

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2010, 10:49:45 pm »
In the following video Alan Watt discusses this speech and the admission made in Oliver Stone's movie JFK, for those with eyes to see:
The Capstone That Killed JFK and The Speech That Sealed His Fate (29mins)
transcript