Author Topic: Everyone born before 1985 is a non-net-centric 'old world fossil' - RMA exposed  (Read 39910 times)

Offline squarepusher

Some kind soul at another forum was kind enough to provide me with a link to this extremely pertinent video that I recommend everybody watch.

On-Demand Webcast: "Arming with Intelligence: Data Fusion in Network-Centric Warfare"

http://www.objectivity.com/media/data-fusion-and-network-centric-warfare/default.asp

This is a Flash video in the form of a web seminar - I will be providing screenshots of some of the slides along with my own notes and comments.

(Objectivity/DB, BTW, is apparently an important contractor to the fusion centers and the big military contractors - they provide solutions for the 'persistence layer' in a typical three-layered computer application)

Objectivity, Inc. provides distributed data management and object persistence solutions for government, business and science organizations, and is the enabling technology for some of the most complex and mission critical systems in operation around the world today.

The first speaker is a guy called 'Fred Stein', from MITRE Corporation. (no explanation necessary really). He also taught at the US Army War College and wrote a book called 'Net-Centric Warfare'.

"And I think what's extraordinary about it is the pace of change - that the folks born in that era were raised 'connected' - were 'raised' with the expectation of being able to reach out and touch friends on Facebook; were raised in expectation of not going to the enclycopedia of Brittanica or the library, but going to the Internet."

"And I think that's important during this future discussion - is the expectation of these digital natives - for they, in a military sense, fight the war on the frontlines. They, in a commercial sense, sell the product on the frontline. And the others, the digital immigrants, fossils, or naturalized citizens, often make the decision on what system to buy, what research to conduct, how much money to spend, what to put on the marketplace."

Now you got to ask yourself - what the hell? What business does MITRE have with 'videogames' - and why the emphasis on 'first-generation videogames', 'fourth-generation videogames', all the way up to the Xbox 360?

I have pontificated on this myself - 'videogames' are the 'medium' that drives this change to the 'information age'. They are the 'medium' that enables 'military simulators'. Notice that a 'military simulators' is not based on a medium like film, books or whatnot - no, it's based on what 'events' occur, and the interplay between 'intelligent agents' (AI) and a human element/human player (you).

And then we have the evidence of a popular military videogame, Jane's Fleet Command, being used in conjunction with CAESAR II/Eb.

CAESAR II Eb interfacing with Jane's Fleet Command videogame
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=102701.msg926209#msg926209

MUST READ:Behavioral Modeling and Simulation:From Individuals to Societies(2008)
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=155880.0

This document is all about 'videogames' from a theoretical point of view and how they can enrich currently existing behavior inference/command and control/crisis management systems such as CAESAR, JSIMS, and so on.

Then we have:

Flashback to 2001 - USA Today - Game creators join war against terrorism

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=160855.0

And as a final note on this subject, see:

Video game developers skipping the 'consumer' middleman and selling straight to the military contractors - Total Immersion Software, Austin, Texas
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=163317.msg969961#msg969961

"Defense Transformation is occurring. Secretary Rumsfeld started it. It continues today, it continues in whatever country you're from, from India to Turkey, to Singapore, to Poland, to Germany, to Britain, to Japan, and I've spoken in most of these countries.

It's a response to the changing strategic environment - how does the world relate to population shifts (My note: Mass immigration/depopulation/drop in global fertility in males), to energy shifts (My note: consuming less yet paying more - taxing you by the mile for your greenhouse gas emissions
), to global politics. How does it react to those environments?

And Network-Centric Operations (NCO), then, is that emerging military response"

"Network-Centric Operations is equally capable of delivering bombs on target as it is equally capable of delivering the right information to the right people on target, or even medical facilities or medical aid (My note: Obamacare is part of 'Network-centric operations' then - that's why they have PositiveID in that bill, and the rationing of health care/triage. Why do you think the only form of 'socialized healthcare' you had in the United States prior to Obamacare was in the military? Why do you think 'rations', the primary food supply for soldiers, becomes your primary source of food during wartimes such as World War II?).

So it's a relationship between sensors - the people carry out the mission, and the decisionmakers."[/color]
[/b]

"The bad news is, if you don't like change, you are in real trouble, I think, for today"

MY NOTE: Personnel locator is an 'euphemism' for - "tracking your whereabouts - tracking your location."

The first camera [Film camera] captures the image, but captures it in the wrong format - and it is not networked. The next camera, you might suspect, captures the image in the right format, but isn't instantly networked. And of course, your audience knows where I'm going: for the third one is the now infamous phone camera - that captures the image in the right format, and is instantly networked - and in fact can be both a security plus and a security negative. But it is real and constantly a part of almost every mobile device.

You know what this is? They're using the public - the general public - as live on-demand ISR - Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance. The authorities have access to the personal files/snapshots you take on your camera - they can datamine this together with all the other fusion data - for instance, using your phone as a 'personnel locator' - and get a more accurate snapshot of what it is you have been doing.

Another aspect to this is their insistence on being 'networked' - everything that is 'off the grid' is bad - because they can't access it, it can't be controlled. Arthur Cebrowski (head of Office Of Transformation during the Rumsfeld regime) made a similar remark I think some time ago:

http://www.iwar.org.uk/rma/resources/transformation/military-transformation-a-strategic-approach.pdf

Everything needs to be 'interoperable' - ie - accessible to all known computer systems (UNIX, Linux, Windows, whatever) - using service oriented architectures - software programming needs to allow for rapid prototyping (a shift away from 'compiled' programming languages and to interpreted programming languages - such as Ruby, Python, Cobra, whatever), and everything needs to be 'accessible' to the persons with the 'proper' authentication roles (ie - Administrator of the Global Information Grid gets to have access to EVERYTHING).

This whole idea of 'gaming' is fascinating - organizations now often coordinate their whole activities while playing a game. Things like that, I think, are just fascinating to observe and understand (My note; What he's talking about is 'wargaming' - joint 'wargaming' - 'Simulation' is part of Operations Research, and 'Operations Research' is the discipline that EVERY company works by - and who came up with 'Operations Research'? The OSS and the British intelligence agencies did back in World War II. So, modernday business is based on 'military' doctrine.)

Society Of Control - Gilles Deleuze (1990)
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=143941.0

"The administrations in charge never cease announcing supposedly necessary reforms: to reform schools, to reform industries, hospitals, the armed forces, prisons. But everyone knows that these institutions are finished, whatever the length of their expiration periods. It's only a matter of administering their last rites and of keeping people employed until the installation of the new forces knocking at the door. These are the societies of control, which are in the process of replacing disciplinary societies."

Indeed, just as the corporation replaces the factory, perpetual training tends to replace the school, and continuous control to replace the examination. Which is the surest way of delivering the school over to the corporation.

This is hell on Earth we're talking about. Continuous control, continuous stress tests - continuous surveillance. The new prison.

This 'slide' was apparently made for the Navy - hence the uniforms. The ability to talk in 'l33t speak' - using all these shorthands in place of speaking natural language.

Well, not only is this a further process in 'dumbing down' the 'digital native citizen' (as they term it), but you can notice a correlation between the way the military has traditionally used acronyms and shorthands for terms in ISR missions and the way people input text when instant messaging ('cu' - see you', 'ttyk' - talk to you later - 'lol' - laughing out loud, 'brb' - be right back - and so on).

So, talking intelligible English is apparently to be scorned in the future. This whole 'machine-to-machine' interfacing - machines being able to speak to each other - apparently they will use this 'l33t speak' too.

At this point, the 'webinar' (corny name that they came up with for this presentation) shifts to a questionnaire everybody has to fill out. Based upon the answers they provide for each of the questions, they measure his or her 'citizenship'.

Apparently, your ability to comprehend 'l33t speak' is a real measure of one's worthiness to exist in this 'New World'.

Most of them are a bunch of 'old world fossils' - this discriminating factor is useful when separating the 'wheat' from the 'chaff' for the upcoming 'information age'.
Infowars Wiki - Help make this become the official wiki of Infowars.com - contribute!

Offline squarepusher

Now they move onto the second phase of the presentation - the 'emerging theory of war'.

"The book [his book, 'Network Centric Warfare'] was an attempt to say: "Warfare and everything really changes in the crucible of information".  Other authors who have done a good job on this is 'The World Is Flat', I think was excellent, 'Blown To Bits', and my most recent popular books, is 'The Starfish And The Spider', and 'Wikinomics')."

The warfare leverages new relationships between sensors, weapons, platforms and decision makers.

It has to have an Information Grid (My note: The Global Information Grid, as conceptualized by John P. Stenbit, another NCOIC member) - you have to have something from which the information can flow over - that can be a wired grid, a wireless grid, or a combination."

This is the 'shift' in software methodology - going 'agile' - this is why the OMG came up with UML (Unified Modeling Language), why they came up with representations/semantical makeup of data (XML) that is interoperable between systems, why the emphasis is now on SOA (Service-Oriented Architectures) and things like CORBA and SOAP.

"So let me take you through some network-warfare examples.

What you see on the screen now is the grid. The grid is the blue. The red would be a sensor network, and the green would be an 'engagement network'.
This is Cebrowski's onion-layered 'grid' - the 'sensor grid/network', the 'engagement grid/network', the 'information grid/network'.

Let me further enunciate this by pulling a quote from a RAND Corporation document on the 'Revolution In Military Affairs' (paragraph is titled 'Today's Force Transformation/RMA Activities'):

http://www.rand.org/pubs/monograph_reports/2007/MR1029.pdf

Past Revolutions, Future Transformations (1999)
What can the history of revolutions in military affairs tell us about transforming the US military?

National Defense Research Institute
RAND Corporation

"Network-Centric Warfare. This RMA candidate was proposed by Vice Admiral Arthur K. Cebrowski and his colleagues in Joint Staff/J-6 (Cebrowski and Garstka, 1998). The network-centric warfare concept employs an operational architecture involving three grids to enable the operational objectives of JV2010 [Joint Vision 2010]: an "Information Grid", a "Sensor Grid" and an "Engagement Grid". The Information Grid provides the computing and communications backbone for the other two grids. The Sensor Grid is an assemblage of space, air, ground, sea, and cyberspace sensors and sensor tasking, processing, and fusing applications, providing battlespace awareness. The Engagement Grid, an asemblage of platforms and weapons, exploits this battlespace awareness to enable the JV2010 force employment objectives of precision engagement, dominant maneuver, and full-dimensional protection. Each of these three grids is connected and functions in a network fashion. (My note: What binds these 'three' disparate networks? Why, the Global Information Grid, of course - it's the glue that binds it all together)" - p107/132

What they show here is 'sense and respond' using the three layers (Information, Sensor and Engagement) and how the three layers/networks if you will communicate inbetween each other. Guess what? This is the reason why all your products are RFID-tagged - this is the reason why they want you to walk around with RFID national ID cards. That way, YOU'RE ON THE SENSOR GRID - and the UAV can pay you a little visit and know where you are at if push comes to shove. This is how you submit to tyranny - in blissful ignorance of what they're rolling in.

'Precision engagement' using the 'engagement grid' - this will be used for future law enforcement and quelling of dissent/protests.

"You are illegally parked on private property. You have 20 seconds to move your vehicle." - ED 209, Enforcement Droid 209, Robocop 1 (1987)

Will continue on this further as time allows.
Infowars Wiki - Help make this become the official wiki of Infowars.com - contribute!

Offline squarepusher

Here's another thing that feeds into this:

Society Of Control - Gilles Deleuze (1990) http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=143941.0

"The administrations in charge never cease announcing supposedly necessary reforms: to reform schools, to reform industries, hospitals, the armed forces, prisons. But everyone knows that these institutions are finished, whatever the length of their expiration periods. It's only a matter of administering their last rites and of keeping people employed until the installation of the new forces knocking at the door. These are the societies of control, which are in the process of replacing disciplinary societies."

Indeed, just as the corporation replaces the factory, perpetual training tends to replace the school, and continuous control to replace the examination. Which is the surest way of delivering the school over to the corporation.

This is hell on Earth we're talking about. Continuous control, continuous stress tests - continuous surveillance. The new prison.

Mobile allowing bosses to snoop on staff developed -Nazi Eugenics Control Grid
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=163060.0

Offline Cywar

"Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance."

—Albert Einstein

Offline lee51

How about just a short little synopsis of what you are trying to say so we don't have to read through all this? Many people work and don't have the time--

Do present everything, but maybe below it have a short little blip about what it is saying.

Damascus

Remember the guy that had 2-3min blurbs on ZDTV about how we are being swept away by the digital pipe full of crap. He brought up that you can learn more from actually touching and investigating something physical rather than something virtual. He made a lot of sense on these topics but, alas they yanked the cord of ZDTV. Now the channel is nothing but mindless drivel.

EvadingGrid

Had to laugh at the thread title "Everyone born before 1985 is a non-net-centric 'old world fossil' - RMA exposed"

Offline squarepusher

How about just a short little synopsis of what you are trying to say so we don't have to read through all this? Many people work and don't have the time--

Well, that is really too bad for those people that don't 'have the time', I'm sorry. If you can't be bothered to 'read' this stuff because it's too long or you think it's boring, then this information is not for you and you will never be able to actually stop the NWO because you lack the entire frame of reference on how they actually operate.

'Don't have the time' because you have a job? Well, that is exactly the thing. In the near future - there will be three basic jobs - Information technology, Nanotechnology and Biotechnology. Everything else will be gone. So I don't know what kind of job you're currently doing - but if it's not among one of those aforementioned three disciplines, it will be gone soon, OKthnx. (and to be precise, 'soon' means - within 5 to 10 years) You might be able to find out in these documents why people with 'fixed skillsets' will lose their jobs, but it requires reading through a lot of material.

And I'm not trying to be condescending here and I don't want this to turn into an argument - but I guess I take slight offense at being told "well, I don't want to read through all that" - well, then perhaps you boil it down for people of your ilk who work and have only a minimum amount of time to spent on this stuff because this is just my own personal way of writing blog posts - I can't please everybody, and besides there's no point in doing so. Some prefer long articles, others prefer short articles, others prefer simplified explanations, and so on. If I had to please each and every one of these people, I wouldn't get around to actually doing any research in the first place.

Do present everything, but maybe below it have a short little blip about what it is saying.

I have attempted this for the most important slides actually, but I have this habit of  'elaborating' on what it is I'm actually talking about.

Perhaps people just want to see a video boiling it all down. I can understand that. You can watch the original video which I linked to, or I can try doing it in the form of a podcast/radio show with video feed.

Offline Valerius

I didn't find it difficult to understand. He's saying the software and entertainment industry have been imprinting the youth. Older folks are not immune, but have an experience base to draw upon from prior to the penetration into society by these technologies. In other words the schemes are the new normal, and us old people are outside of that. Or in Richard Matheson's words, I am Legend. In a world of zombies I would be the monster.

Is that a fair short summary, squarepusher?
"No man can put a chain about the ankle of his fellow man without at last finding the other end fastened about his own neck."  -Frederick Douglass

Offline squarepusher

I didn't find it difficult to understand. He's saying the software and entertainment industry have been imprinting the youth. Older folks are not immune, but have an experience base to draw upon from prior to the penetration into society by these technologies. In other words the schemes are the new normal, and us old people are outside of that. Or in Richard Matheson's words, I am Legend. In a world of zombies I would be the monster.

Is that a fair short summary, squarepusher?

Yeah - but actually, I was not even finished with covering this presentation. I left it at the half-hour mark - I will actually continue from there. Perhaps today or tomorrow.

Offline Sheepleprod

Umm that's exactly what Square did through the whole post  :-\  (To be honest you need to read the whole thing when you have some time and understand it)

As far as the post goes the key to defeating the control grid is devising a similar interoperability within the infowar.  It is already happening in fact, the problem is they can just shut the grid down that we use and we are back to the stone age.  Can't even crack the network when you are facing these:  http://www.techguard.com/docs/poliwall_data.pdf

PoliWall™ Transparent Bridge Security Appliance
with HIPPIE™ Country Code/IP Address Filters

Offline Sheepleprod

In addition to shutting down grids, what which doesn't have a power a source will cease to operate.  What stops things to turning into an EMP war?  If the technology exists for a directed EMP attack (which I believe is already in place) has the TPTB already developed a shield of some sort to protect against enemy EMP?  If this were a videogame and I wanted a free-for-all then a EMP would put us right into guerilla warfare.  Just scenarios that play out in my head being born in 1979 and all  ;D

I should clarify I mean NNEMP although a traditional NEMP would definitely take out lesser shielded equipment by enemy agitators

Offline chris jones

Squarepusher. You did a great job on that posting, from an old world fossil- thank you!

Offline Sheepleprod

Offline Ilsa

Well - yes many methods will change in the future due to technology, however, I really don't observe everyone's employment shifting over to computer and biotech in the future.
  This is because we're constrained by the physical nature of persistence, and the dynamics of cash flow in the economy

Unless you've worked out your special off-grid self-sufficient system, you will need to labor (or get investment income) in one specialty to get money to trade for things you need.
  What people need are food, housing, healthcare, childcare if both parents labor for money, clothes. Most other items are entertainment. 
  Computer technology can fall both under a labor saving device and entertainment, although we should consider the fact that they actually can decrease efficiency when office employees are distracted, or you need to hire 4 IT and hardware specialists, a net administrator and so forth in a company, just to keep the system running.
  In any case, there is no way for everyone in society to be a computer specialist or programmer because in order for them to get paid, a company would need cash flow from other productive industries.

Indeed, if you analyze how each household budgets their money, it typically is supposed to go 33% housing, 10% food, 17% national average for healthcare (!!!), 15% cars and transportation, and various amounts for labor intensive caring professions like daycares, teachers, elder care homes etc.

the pitfall of a lot of computer specialties is that a small number of programmers are often so efficient at designing new devices, programs, web content, and so forth that not much labor is required to make a product, and secondly, the internet is a great device for creating competition and essentially distributing things for free. It's sucking huge amounts of money out of Hollywood via downloads. In bricks and mortar businesses, people will pay higher prices because they don't want to drive around town, but online, you can find a cheaper equivalent for a program or a song and the free content. During the recession, jobless younger people are dropping cable television, so there is less money for paid entertainment.

The only area where lots of profit is made in computers is where there is a monopoly of some sort. Digital cameras and nonMac computers are super cheap these days due to competition. Microsoft makes money because they used extortion to collapse rivals, and when they became the industry standard, people suffered consequences of adopting other systems like freeBSD or Linux.

Did you realize that more than half of Silicon valley and the other 'silicon' towns in the US are *defense* industry related? I lived near San jose a year ago. Raytheon and Lockheed and many other military tech companies are where 20% of the national budget is directed, and those folks tend to get paid big $90k salaries or higher (no kidding). Only a few thousand people work for Google and apple.

Likewise with biotech - how are workers getting paid? It is only under a healthcare monopoly such as our stupid Senior prescription drug benefit that there are guaranteed high drug prices. After that, do we really believe that struggling farmer's have the cash  to buy more expensive engineered seeds than years of selective breeding provided? It only took a small lab to produce biotech soy too - not much labor involved

Offline Freeski

Bump for later -- very interesting.
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline kidA

Very easy to red and follow! Everyone read this!
5 o'clock news is a f*#cking fantasy!

Offline squarepusher

Video game developers and direct ties to military-industrial complex contractors/intelligence agencies

MITRE Corporation

http://www.theesa.com/gamesindailylife/workplace.asp

Job Of Honor (MITRE Corporation)

In 2007, The MITRE Corporation developed Job of Honor, an interactive 3D video game designed to create awareness of the company and its job opportunities. Prospective employees can download the game to get a better understanding of the company's campus, how the interview process works, and view examples of company projects. The game was featured prominently at the 2007 ERE Expo, a series of recruiting and workforce management conferences, where it was the subject of the "Recruiting by Video Game" session.

British intelligence

Splinter Cell: Double Agent (Ubisoft/British intelligence)

http://www.theesa.com/gamesindailylife/workplace.asp

The Government Communications Headquarters, the surveillance arm of British intelligence, embedded job ads within games such as Ubisoft Entertainment's Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent to attract young recruits. The Australian Defence Force has also created Advanced Urban Ops, a game that follows Australian soldiers patrolling an abandoned village, to increase its recruitment. A spokesman for the Defence Force, which maintains six similar games on its network of Web sites, said that approximately 16 percent of people who enlist do so from their sites' games section.

Lockheed Martin

http://www.lockheedmartin.com/aboutus/LicensingInformation.html

Below is a list of officially licensed companies, grouped by the types of products they make.

ELECTRONIC GAMES & SOFTWARE
Abacus
Codemasters Software Company, The
Graphic Simulations Corporation
HD Publishing BV
Hobbico Inc.
In-Fusio Inc.
Just Flight Limited
Lunagames International BV
Marvelous Interactive Inc.
Namco Bandai Games Inc.
NovaLogic, Inc.
Sega Corporation
Taito Corporation

Namco Bandai

The latest in the series, BTW, is called 'Ace Combat: Joint Assault' (as in: 'joint forces' - 'joint command')

http://www.namcobandaigames.com/games/acecombat5/

LEGAL INFO

Harrier, Hawk, Nimrod, Vulcan are aircraft and registered trademarks of BAE Systems./Produced under license from Boeing Management Company. EA-18G, F-4 Phantom & Phantom II, F-15 Eagle & Strike Eagle, F/A-18 Hornet & Super Hornet, AV-8B Harrier II, B-1B Lancer, B-52H Stratofortress, E-767, 747, KC-10 Extender, X-45A, CH-47 Chinook, AH-64 Apache, Boeing and McDonnell Douglas are among the trademarks owned by Boeing./The MIRAGE 2000 and RAFALE are aircraft designed and manufactured by DASSAULT AVIATION. MIRAGE and RAFALE are registered trademarks of DASSAULT AVIATION used under License to NAMCO./Typhoon is an aircraft and registered trademark of Eurofighter GmbH./Produced in cooperation with Japan Air Self-Defense Force./F-35, F/A-22 Raptor, F/B-22 Concept, F-16 Fighting Falcon, F-117 Nighthawk, C-5 Galaxy, AC-130 Spectre, C-130 Hercules and SR-71 Blackbird, Emblem(s) and body design(s) are Trademarks of Lockheed Martin Corporation used under license to Namco.

Sega

Produced cutting-edge arcade game boards in cooperation with Lockheed Martin/Martin Marietta's division, Real3D. These were known as Sega Model 1 (1993), Sega Model 2 (1994), and Sega Model 3 (1996) and were considered the state-of-the-art in 3D computer graphics (3DCG). Virtua Fighter 1 and 2, in particular, pushed the boundaries in terms of polygons being used to resemble and shape human characters.

http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=712

Sega went to General Electric Aerospace (who made the first 3D simulators for NASA in the 1960s) in 1991-92 for assistance to develop a CG platform architecture for their new experimental 3D system, which later became known as Model 1.

http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=714&gid=2044#2044

Sega had always envisioned their 3D system to be textured, never just flat shaded 3D, so with this in mind they kept their relation going with GEA (now known as Martin Marietta after being bought by them in 1993) and worked with SEGA to upgrade the Model 1 graphics, including the new texture mapping features among other effects.

What came out of this? Only some of the most successful videogames ever made - that and the added benefit of Computer Graphics being taken a quantum leap forward in the home. Valuable R&D for Lockheed Martin no doubt that would later come to good use for further research in image processing for UAV use.

Lockheed Martin itself also made a few videogames for the system, BTW.

http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=716&page=1#2063

Developed by Real3D (a division of lockheed martin) this runs on the Model 2C arcade board at 60Hz, pushing some 330,000 polygons per second....

Another Lockheed Martin venture - 'Desert Tank'

Novalogic

Propaganda for Delta Force, Joint Operations, and so on

What Lockheed is currently doing - 'Virtual World And Serious Games'

http://www.lockheedmartin.com/sts/virtual/index.html

http://www.lockheedmartin.com/data/assets/sts/ProductCards/VWLABS_pc.pdf

Earlier generations of explorers sought the riches that lay beyond the boundaries of ocean and mountain. Today we seek the promises that lie beyond the horizon of the virtual world.

At Lockheed Martin, we are leaders in harnessing the capabilities of the virtual world to maximize human potential. Our experience in modeling, simulation, visualization—and, with recent acquisitions, gaming—makes us uniquely qualified to lead in the creation of synthetic environments that serve real-world needs.

Lockheed Martin has created Virtual World Labs™ to shape the future of training with the creation of collaborative simulation learning and data visualization solutions for the government, military and corporate sectors.

Virtual World Labs™ crosses all Lockheed Martin mission areas and business units to draw from world-leading expertise in the application of virtual world and serious games technology for training, data visualization, collaboration and virtual prototyping.

Virtual World Labs™ utilizes their expertise to select the right technology for each customer and project, and tailor their UltiSim and UltiVis development platforms to create custom applications - eliminating the "one size fits all approach."

Related Links:

UltiSim
          o
            Flight
          o
            Maritime
      UltiVis

To learn more about Virtual World Labs contact:

[email protected]
Virtual World Labs
Program Director
Lockheed Martin - Simulation Training & Support (STS)

Look at this shit right here - see those 'beams' linking the 'infantry soldier' and the 'satellite'? That comes straight from official Network-Centric Warfare propaganda videos. 'Lockheed Martin: We never forget who we're working for' - yeah, like hell you don't - i know EXACTLY WHO THE f**k YOU'RE WORKING FOR.

carlee

bump for later

Offline kidA

The part about the "sensor grid/network", the "engagement grid/network", the "information grid/network" is so revealing. I may have seen that before in one of AI's megaposts, but probably missed it, now seeing it in this amazing summary, you can see HOW they plan to trace us with RFID. I have never seent hat before. Thank you again!!

Offline kidA

BTW

What does RMA stand for?

Offline squarepusher

Offline DireWolf

• Freedom, Liberty & death to the NWO
I don't know about being a fossil but I was raised with the morals and values that my forefathers believed in and employed while building this nation.

Hard work, honesty , sacrifice, self reliance, and owning the responsibility for ones actions.

If this makes me a fossil then I wear that moniker proudly!
Freedom and Liberty, or slavery and death, your choice, choose wisely.

Offline agentbluescreen

Had to laugh at the thread title "Everyone born before 1985 is a non-net-centric 'old world fossil' - RMA exposed"

I know, it's like 1984

Offline ekimdrachir

• METATRON ON
    • Go Outside
Good article, bad news.

Offline iks83

like they said, prepare for the next war not the last. Thats why less games about ww2, ww1, cold war, etc but more and more games about fighting mideast terrorism, fighting inside the US, torturing, etc.

BTW when seeing the spintercell pic someone postet here i rememered this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuWEcawr_7A

Yeah spliter cell is totally awesome especially the interrogations. Its superfun interactive badass. Like being Jack Bauer if Jack Bauer wouldnt be a such a pussy. Yay for torture! Isnt this great?

Offline squarepusher

This from the 'Video game developers and military industrial complex/intelligence agencies ties' department...

The CIA had a top videogame designer become the founder and first CEO of In-Q-Tel, their venture capital firm.

http://venturebeat.com/2008/11/03/gilman-louie-on-the-great-lies-of-venture-capitalists-and-why-its-still-a-good-time-to-start-a-company/

Gilman Louie on the great lies of venture capitalists and why it’s still a good time to start a company

When times get bad, it pays to have a sense of humor.

That’s a hallmark of Gilman Louie, a celebrated video game geek and seasoned venture capitalist. He was chief executive of MicroProse, a seminal simulation game company that made flight simulations such as the Falcon series. He was also more recently the founder of In-Q-Tel, the Central Intelligence Agency’s venture capital arm in Silicon Valley. While at In-Q-Tel, he did 61 deals. He used to get nutty pitches from people who said they could communicate telepathically. One of his colleagues took such a call and said, “I’m going to hang up now and you can beam the idea to my head.”

Now he’s a partner with Stewart Alsop in the Alsop Louie venture capital fund. He spoke recently at the Bay Area Capital Connections III conference at the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, Calif. The audience was full of young entrepreneurs, ready to absorb Louie’s wisdom. These are the highlights of his talk.

Riffing off of Guy Kawasaki’s “The Top 10 Lies of Venture Capitalists,” Louie said that venture capitalists are “professional liars.” He said that resorting to lies is one way VCs deal with the flood of ideas that they have to screen in order to find good investments (more on these lies in a second). In spite of the gloom, he said that today remains the best time to start a company.

Louie said he was excited about the potential of life sciences investments, which promise the ability to “live forever,” as well as the growth of information systems where “Google is the tip of the iceberg.” Joking that “everything good starts with Star Trek,” he said the communicators that Captain Kirk used are now in use everyday among BlackBerry owners. And he said he was aware of a “nano material” company that could make “cloaking” (making an object invisible) possible. He said it could soon be possible to “print physical goods” on a desktop printer, enabling users to micro-fabricate one item at a time as desired.

He said that venture capitalists are who 20-year-olds go to when they can’t get money from a bank. But he noted that venture-backed companies account for 9.1 percent of all U.S. jobs, or 10.4 million. They account for 8.6 percent of all U.S. sales, or $2.3 trillion. In the last four quarters, he said VCs had invested $30.8 billion in 4,000 companies. Silicon Valley accounts for 40 percent of that. Because of new engines of growth such as cleantech, Louie said that Silicon Valley is cushioned against the recession.

He noted that Silicon Valley survived the last recession and that the rate of new ideas progresses independent of the state of financial markets.

“In the last three years, people rushed to monetize the web,” he said. “A lot of them wanted to make a quick buck. But you make real money by building real companies.”

He pointed to the “R.I.P.: Good Times” presentation circulated by Sequoia Capital and said that it brought up the old saw: when you’re being chased by a bear, you don’t have to outrun the bear. You just have to outrun your friends. He said that startups have to be sure that they’re in the top 10 percent of a VC’s portfolio so that they can get all of the attention and cash during tough times.

Then Louie put on his skeptic’s hat and told the audience about the “great lies of venture capitalists.” The lies are as follows:

1. “You have a great idea and I’m happy to give you money once you get traction.” Louie said, “That’s just to get you out of the door. But if you have traction before you show up, your company is worth a lot more.”

2. “You can never take too much money. Take as much as you can. Why? That’s when it’s cheap. I get more percentage of your company when you take more cash from me.” He added, “In reality, you should ask for as a little money as you need to get by. Your most precious asset is your ownership of the company. We love it in a meltdown because we can stick it to you.”

3. “Valuations aren’t what they used to be.”

4. “Ask a professional CEO to run the company.” He added, “Most of us entrepreneurs would say, ‘Hell no!’ You don’t need a Wall Street reject to come run your company. Beware of venture funds who move quickly to replace entrepreneurs. Do your homework on who will make a lot of money with you. Look for those who want you to be their partner.”

5. “My associate is a star. I’ll punt the deal to the associate.” Louie said, “Every general partner in a VC firm keeps the great deals to himself or herself.”

Then Louie expounded on the reasons why it’s a great time to start a company.

1. “The companies that build value can survive the dark days. Your rivals will evaporate in a tough economy.”

2. VCs will often take your idea and give it to another entrepreneur if they can’t do a deal with you. This results in a lot of copycat companies. But that won’t happen in a down economy as often because the VCs can’t afford to start as many me-too companies.

3. “Building a startup is not affected by current economic times. You’re going to launch but not for 24 months at the earliest. You can launch your product as the economy is recovering.”

4. It’s a great time to steal talent. “If those Sequoia-backed companies are laying off people, they can work over at ours.”

5. “You have to have the confidence to know you are great.” He noted that his partner, Stewart Alsop, often asks trick questions of entrepreneurs, such as, “What happens if you don’t get funded?” If the entrepreneur says they will do another idea, that’s the wrong answer. The VC wants to know if you will do it anyway because you’re passionate about the idea, rain or shine.

Louie noted that he is not looking for ideas with high probabilities of success because they’re probably obvious ideas that others will copy. He laughed at how the founders of Federal Express were so down on their luck that they went to Las Vegas to gamble and raise money to meet payroll.

He said that venture capital is an expensive form of capital and that you should raise it only if you really need it.

“Don’t raise VC money to show your friends that you can do it,” he said. “For those who get money, the most important thing is to spend time with VCs to get their experience and wisdom. They can recognize patterns of stupidity and patterns of genius.”

Lastly, Louie said, “Don’t be afraid. This is the time to choose your dreams.”

What did Gilman Louie do, videogame wise?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilman_Louie

Previously Louie built a career in the interactive entertainment industry, with accomplishments that include the design and development of the Falcon F-16 flight simulator as well as being the person who licensed Tetris,  the world’s most popular computer game, from its developers in the Soviet Union. During that career, Louie founded and ran a company called Nexa Corporation that merged with Spectrum HoloByte which later acquired MicroProse. The company was acquired by Hasbro Corporation, where he served as chief creative officer of Hasbro Interactive and general manager of the Games.com group before founding In-Q-Tel.
[edit] Video game credits

Designed, programmed and/or produced:

* Falcon 4.0 (1998), MicroProse, Inc.
    * Falcon Gold (1994), Spectrum HoloByte, Inc.
    * Falcon 3.0: Hornet: Naval Strike Fighter (1993), Spectrum HoloByte, Inc.
    * Falcon 3.0: MiG-29 (1993), Spectrum HoloByte, Inc.
    * Falcon 3.0: Operation Fighting Tiger (1992), MicroProse Software, Inc., Spectrum HoloByte, Inc.
    * Falcon 3.0 (1991), Spectrum HoloByte, Inc.
    * Crisis in the Kremlin (1991), Spectrum HoloByte, Inc. (My note: Is this some kind of 'foreign student'/spy (a la Bill Clinton) the CIA trained that would be sent over to Russia for supposed 'study' purposes  - why did he broker the rights to Tetris from the Soviet Union? Why does he make a game called 'Crisis In The Kremlin' next? Then, why does he 'coincidentally' become the first CEO/founder of one of the most important projects the CIA had going for them back in the late '90s? You don't get that kind of recommendation on the basis of you being good at designing videogames)
    * Super Tetris (1991), Spectrum HoloByte, Inc.
    * Stunt Driver (1990), Spectrum HoloByte, Inc.
    * Tank: The M1A1 Abrams Battle Tank Simulation (1989), Spectrum HoloByte, Inc.
    * Falcon AT (1989), Spectrum HoloByte, Inc.
    * Vette! (1989), Spectrum HoloByte, Inc.
    * LA Crackdown (1988), Epyx
    * Falcon (1987), Spectrum HoloByte, Inc.
    * Captain Cosmo (1984), ASCII Corporation
    * F16 Fighting Falcon (1984), ASCII Corporation, Sega
    * World's Greatest Football (1984) Epyx
    * Starship Simulator (1984), ASCII Corporation
    * Delta Squadron (1983), Nexa Corporation
    * Starship Commander (1981), Voyager Software
    * Battle Trek (1980), Voyager Software

[edit] Board activities

Louie has served on a number of boards of directors, including Wizards of the Coast, Total Entertainment Network, Direct Language, FASA Interactive, Netwitness, Moonshoot, Smith and Tinker, the National Venture Capital Association, the Federation of American Scientists and the Chinese American International School in San Francisco. He serves as a member of the Markle Foundation Task Force on National Security in the Information Age.

Offline Freeski

I don't know about being a fossil but I was raised with the morals and values that my forefathers believed in and employed while building this nation.

Hard work, honesty , sacrifice, self reliance, and owning the responsibility for ones actions.

If this makes me a fossil then I wear that moniker proudly!

Kudos to that!
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Damascus

I thought RMA was Return Merchandise Authorization?  ;D So shall we return this crap being shoved down our throats?

Offline squarepusher

I thought RMA was Return Merchandise Authorization?  ;D So shall we return this crap being shoved down our throats?

That's a good analogy actually - we should turn that into a bumper sticker slogan.

Offline TheProxy

• Invalidcookie.net
Thats what I thought RMA meant too. :p They think i'ma Fossil. Good thing they don't know most people that were born in the 80's ARE the coders. We built this road. Seeing me as a Fossil would make me a Non-threat no? I wonder how many of these Teenagers who made this pointpoint know 128-bit SSL Hex. Coding. :-? Any moron with a laptop can make a power point :) (continues to watch.)
I bring a message Those who would try to take our freedom... Pray.
-----------------------------------------
http://invalidcookie.net

Damascus

Yep it seems this new generation is just a bunch of script kitty's that are told they are 133T hackers and programmers. My brother is in college and says classes are a joke and he learns everything on his own. People are so compartmentalized they no longer see what they do, not knowing what the big picture is.

Offline squarepusher

Yep it seems this new generation is just a bunch of script kitty's that are told they are 133T hackers and programmers. My brother is in college and says classes are a joke and he learns everything on his own. People are so compartmentalized they no longer see what they do, not knowing what the big picture is.

Nearly all programming that is being taught in these IT engineering schools is higher level - they teach you very basic-level C#, some design patterns concepts, some object-oriented programming concepts, a lot of UML methodology and that's it.

Assembly and even lower-level programming is shunned upon - precisely because they can't program in Assembly - they lack the basic foundational understanding to do it. Heck, they shun even ANSI C and C++ for that matter. They are completely dependent on their Visual Studio IDE and all the little tools and gizmos it provides - if they took that basic tool away from them, they couldn't program their way out of a paperbox.

But hear them talk all about how 'machine code' and 'assembly' is 'irrelevant' because 'the compiler is smart enough/creates C# code just as fast as assembly/blabla' - all basic slogans they regurgitate at random irrespective of whether or not they actually understand it, or whether or not it's actually true.

Total compartmentalization. I envision a future where, 10 years from now, 'programmers' will simply learn a couple of APIs, and that's it. Even the very act of 'programming' in a very high-level language is being taken out of the programmers' trade of tricks. This is the destruction of the 'programming language' in a similar way to the 'destruction' of language - realize how 'duck typing' originated from George Orwell's 'Nineteen Eighty Four' - he called it 'duck speak'.

Nineteen Eighty Four - Duckspeak - Duck typing

"Newspeak, indeed, differed from almost all other languages in that its vocabulary grew smaller instead of larger every year (Note: likewise - programming languages are becoming ever-more 'abstract' and 'higher-level') Each reduction was a gain, since the smaller area of choice, the smaller the temptation to take thought. Ultimately it was hoped to make articulate speech issue from the larynx without involving the higher brain centres at all (My note: That is, bypassing the neocortex altogether. Something tells me this has already happened to most people now) This aim was frankly admitted in the Newspeak word 'duckspeak', meaning 'to quack like a duck'. Like various other words in the B vocabulary, 'duckspeak' was ambivalent in meaning. Provided that the opinions which were quacked out were orthodox ones, it implied nothing but praise, and when The Times referred to one of the orators of the Party as a doubleplusgood duckspeaker it was paying a warm and valued compliment."

Now, let's compare this to 'duck typing' - also ambivalent in meaning. Duck typing is becoming very popular in the current-generation of programming languages - Ruby has it, Microsoft has introduced it in C# 4.0.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duck_Type

In computer programming with object-oriented programming languages, duck typing is a style of dynamic typing in which an object's current set of methods and properties determines the valid semantics, rather than its inheritance from a particular class or implementation of a specific interface. The name of the concept refers to the duck test, attributed to James Whitcomb Riley (see History below), which may be phrased as follows:

"when I see a bird that walks like a duck and swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, I call that bird a duck."[1][2]

Same thing, slightly different spin.

There are so many dimensions to all of this it is really amazing how it all plays out in nearly all the various compartments within society.

Offline birther truther tenther

• Against all forms of tyranny

This is a year 2010 rendition of the Army Alpha tests from the year 1917.

The Army Alpha test was developed by eugenicists Robert Yerkes and Henry Goddard, and it was used to determine the "intelligence" of recruits by asking them popular culture questions.  If you were white and lived in New York City, you would most likely ace the test, but if you were black or white, and lived in a rural area, you would fail and be labeled as a moron, retarded, or feebleminded.

Example questions for the multiple choice "intelligence" test:

Question: Becky Sharp appears in...
A. Vanity Fair     B. Romola      C. The Christmas carol   D. Henry IV
Correct answer: Vanity Fair

Question:  Velvet Joe appears in advertisements for:
A. tooth powder      B. dry goods      C. Tobacco       D. Soap
Correct answer would be: tobacco

The pierce arrow car is manufactured in...
A.  Buffalo   B. Detroit    C. Toledo     D. Flint
Correct answer: Buffalo.

As a result of this extremely flawed test, Yerkes determined that 47% of whites and 89% of Negroes have a mental capacity below a 13 year old.

Back to the presentation at hand, despite all of the 1337 sp33k and trendiness, it is still old school eugenics with some technetronic/cybernetic window dressing.  Instead of rural "negroes" labeled as "feebleminded" in 1917, you now have "old world humans" labeled as "digital immigrants" a century later.

Offline freedom_commonsense

I'm on the borderline chronologically. As for being tech-savvy, I can't program in C\assembly, but it wasn't my interest anyway. I'm better with hardware\system implementation\support and I do know my way around a CLI...

As for that test I'll have a go:

1. No.

2. No.

3. No.

4. No.

5. Yes.

6. No.

7. No.

8. No.

9. No.

10. No.

11. No.

12. Yes.

Offline squarepusher

This is a year 2010 rendition of the Army Alpha tests from the year 1917.

The Army Alpha test was developed by eugenicists Robert Yerkes and Henry Goddard, and it was used to determine the "intelligence" of recruits by asking them popular culture questions.  If you were white and lived in New York City, you would most likely ace the test, but if you were black or white, and lived in a rural area, you would fail and be labeled as a moron, retarded, or feebleminded.

Example questions for the multiple choice "intelligence" test:

Question: Becky Sharp appears in...
A. Vanity Fair     B. Romola      C. The Christmas carol   D. Henry IV
Correct answer: Vanity Fair

Question:  Velvet Joe appears in advertisements for:
A. tooth powder      B. dry goods      C. Tobacco       D. Soap
Correct answer would be: tobacco

The pierce arrow car is manufactured in...
A.  Buffalo   B. Detroit    C. Toledo     D. Flint
Correct answer: Buffalo.

As a result of this extremely flawed test, Yerkes determined that 47% of whites and 89% of Negroes have a mental capacity below a 13 year old.

Back to the presentation at hand, despite all of the 1337 sp33k and trendiness, it is still old school eugenics with some technetronic/cybernetic window dressing.  Instead of rural "negroes" labeled as "feebleminded" in 1917, you now have "old world humans" labeled as "digital immigrants" a century later.

Perfect analysis. I hadn't even thought of it like that. I assume you've read Edwin Black's War Against The Weak

Offline Kilika

• Thank you Jesus!
Thats what I thought RMA meant too. :p They think i'ma Fossil. Good thing they don't know most people that were born in the 80's ARE the coders. We built this road. Seeing me as a Fossil would make me a Non-threat no? I wonder how many of these Teenagers who made this pointpoint know 128-bit SSL Hex. Coding. :-? Any moron with a laptop can make a power point :) (continues to watch.)

"...born in the 80's ARE the coders"? So I take it you were born in the 80's then. Well, I respect your confidence, but you are mistaken and are a perfect example of the attitude these days. You think your all that and sliced bread, but your not. Your generation didn't do anything of the sort, especially "built this road".

I am indeed one of those fossils, born in 1963, entered the military in 1981 and learned computer hardware repair, and a little circuit card repair on mainframes when I was 18. I was better at O-level than I-level. Ever heard of a floating hard disk? How about do you know how to use a card reader, let alone seen one in person? Ever repaired anything that uses tubes? I suspect you never even seen tubes in use.

Sorry, you and your generation didn't build anything. Your at least 30 years too late. If you were playing arcade video games when the first Dragon's Lair came out, then your a fossil! I was playing arcade games at the mall before Lair came out. RipOff was a favorite.
"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."
1 Timothy 6:10 (KJB)

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
Universal Squadrons (2011)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1535606/

After returning to civilian life as a Texas rancher, Captain Lance Deakin fends off attacks from former members of his unit as he struggles to uncover the truth of what he did as a soldier in Iraq. The military performed experiments on Lance and his men to turn them into super-soldiers and brainwashed them to remember their top secret missions as the hyper-violent content of a video game called MINUTEMAN.

Watch this movie ASAP!
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

EvadingGrid

Nearly all programming that is being taught in these IT engineering schools is higher level - they teach you very basic-level C#, some design patterns concepts, some object-oriented programming concepts, a lot of UML methodology and that's it.

Assembly and even lower-level programming is shunned upon - precisely because they can't program in Assembly - they lack the basic foundational understanding to do it. Heck, they shun even ANSI C and C++ for that matter. They are completely dependent on their Visual Studio IDE and all the little tools and gizmos it provides - if they took that basic tool away from them, they couldn't program their way out of a paperbox.

But hear them talk all about how 'machine code' and 'assembly' is 'irrelevant' because 'the compiler is smart enough/creates C# code just as fast as assembly/blabla' - all basic slogans they regurgitate at random irrespective of whether or not they actually understand it, or whether or not it's actually true.

Total compartmentalization. I envision a future where, 10 years from now, 'programmers' will simply learn a couple of APIs, and that's it. Even the very act of 'programming' in a very high-level language is being taken out of the programmers' trade of tricks. This is the destruction of the 'programming language' in a similar way to the 'destruction' of language - realize how 'duck typing' originated from George Orwell's 'Nineteen Eighty Four' - he called it 'duck speak'.

Nineteen Eighty Four - Duckspeak - Duck typing
Now, let's compare this to 'duck typing' - also ambivalent in meaning. Duck typing is becoming very popular in the current-generation of programming languages - Ruby has it, Microsoft has introduced it in C# 4.0.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duck_Type

Same thing, slightly different spin.

There are so many dimensions to all of this it is really amazing how it all plays out in nearly all the various compartments within society.

They want Empty-Heads with fattened narcissistic egos as technicians for the cybernetic agenda. They do not want intelligent independent creative free thinking people.

They want people who think clicking a few tick boxes with a mouse makes them some kind of computer expert.