Author Topic: Tips To Survive: What Will You Do When The Crap Hits The Fan?  (Read 632008 times)

Offline Ambriel

• Dare to resist
    • Consfearacynewz

Offline davidbenz017

• Tongkat Ali
Re: Tips To Survive: What Will You Do When The Crap Hits The Fan?
« Reply #1361 on: October 28, 2012, 01:19:35 am »
Well folks, if you do decide have not started the preps at just this point I'd assume it's simply concerning to feel far too late.  6 months at the vast majority of along with it must be complete taken TEOTWAWKI.

Offline NoDivision

• MTM Precious Metals
« Reply #1362 on: December 02, 2012, 12:38:51 pm »
Gold if you can afford it; Silver if you can't afford Gold; and yes I sell it but my motivation is to get one of the two metals in American's hands before quantitative infinity ensues. And instead of charging preposterous prices like these Large companies, my company simply does not do that; and yes it is an ethical thing not just a competitive thing. Check my info if ur interested.

Me personally my main list off the top of my head is as follows:

Car(preferably but non necessarily awd - Fast)
AR-15 Colt
12 Gauge pump
Food/canned
Seeds
Gold/Silver/Platinum/Junk Silver
Knowledge of local terrain
Risk connection with neighbors or locals if haven't
House or shelter you can own.
Lap Top
Radio(crank?)
Cash
Skills(i.e. whatever trade, business, or art you can apply it to survival situations e.g. setting up contracts with others, or building something in exchange for food or gold).

Offline GeneMorris

« Reply #1363 on: March 04, 2013, 01:12:03 pm »
I turned survival into a hobby. keeps me interested and fascinated at the same time... I'm not sure if anyone is looking for a good starting point but you can find some good detailed information regarding family survival and what you need here. www.familysurvivalmessage.com

Are You Prepared? Instantly Download Emergency Survival Gear Checklist Click Here

Offline victimvictim93379337

« Reply #1364 on: March 22, 2013, 07:19:40 am »
I don't know where else to go to get help for this man. There's a 37 year old disabled father of 5 in Logan,  Ohio who is a victim of domestic violence by his wife and step-son. There's a Facebook page called John Clement Is Innocent Project. It has the story and a list of contacts. His abuser was a member of the Hocking County Prosecutors Office and worked for the guy leading the case. Now the judge on the case, his name is Moses, is threatening the man to stop telling his side of the story or they will cancel his bond and send him back to jail. They've already taken his children and home from him. Somebody has got to help him. It's happening in Logan,  Ohio.

Offline jofortruth

« Reply #1365 on: July 06, 2013, 12:07:29 pm »
35 Pages of Preparedness Tips and Lists - PDF Download! A MUST HAVE!
http://www.mediafire.com/?fh6fkor2vtra85a
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=247863.0#new
Don't believe me. Look it up yourself!

Offline jofortruth

« Reply #1366 on: October 16, 2013, 12:47:56 pm »
99 Things To Buy At The Dollar Store, Prepping on the cheap
http://www.happypreppers.com/99-ways.html

Find many more excellent pepper tips here:
http://www.happypreppers.com/home.html

Don't believe me. Look it up yourself!

Offline Petra

« Reply #1367 on: January 14, 2014, 10:40:09 pm »
For Bug-out: Cash or equivalent, weapons, seeds, food, water filter, fire starter, edible and medicinal plant books, all rounded up within thirty seconds (after which I freeze in indecision trying to decide what else to take).

If it's not a BO situation I have my herb garden and the knowledge to use it as barter. Seeds for barter as well, and knowledge of edible plants (including mushrooms :). I would be concerned about water and power, but I'm working on those.

EvadingGrid

« Reply #1368 on: January 19, 2014, 03:12:12 am »
99 Things To Buy At The Dollar Store, Prepping on the cheap
http://www.happypreppers.com/99-ways.html

Find many more excellent pepper tips here:
http://www.happypreppers.com/home.html

That was an entertaining and useful list.

I would really, really recommend buying  mechanical can openers to TRADE. Think about it. No can opener, No food, you'll be able to barter one for tins... You can buy them now for next to nothing, but come D-Day, they will be rather valuable.

There are other items that fit that category. Come the day, they will be high trade items.

Most of all, I think it is important to get some experience.

Now I do not know how to put this across. But I predict that most preppers will not be anything like as well prepared as they think. They will fail, because they never really did the practical practice, under the worst conditions. Try turning the electric off in the middle of winter for a weekend and see what happens... Try shooting in the rain and a howling gale in winter ~ not so easy when your fingers are frozen is it !

Offline Effie Trinket

« Reply #1369 on: January 19, 2014, 06:33:51 am »
Someone on GLP said "No amount of prepping you do will matter.  If you do not have an endless supply of clean drinking water you will die."

Pretty hard to have an "endless supply".

EvadingGrid

« Reply #1370 on: January 19, 2014, 06:49:39 am »
Someone on GLP said "No amount of prepping you do will matter.  If you do not have an endless supply of clean drinking water you will die."

Pretty hard to have an "endless supply".

That is correct.

However, on the plus side, people managed just fine before all the utility companies came along. Mind you this is coming from some one who lives on a cold, damp, wet island.

Easy for me to make and use a Gypsy Well.
(skip first 40 seconds)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0CZ6l2z5ho

Offline Honor18

« Reply #1371 on: January 19, 2014, 08:40:08 am »
I had to go three weeks without power a few years back after 2 hurricanes came through ..... it was a bit rough at the beginning but with wood to burn and a natural spring less than 1/2 mile from my house and alot of good books to read my family and I got through fine.
     I would recommend going a week at least so you can figure out what you are going to do to survive it was very enlightening to say the least, another thing that I found was truly a good thing..... I had never really gotten to know my neighbors but I had a freezer full of meat that was going to go bad so I stoked up the fire and cooked the meat up and walked over to my neighbors houses and invited them over for a hot meal and we all got to know each other very well over those 3 weeks !

EvadingGrid

« Reply #1372 on: January 20, 2014, 12:59:03 pm »
I had to go three weeks without power a few years back after 2 hurricanes came through ..... it was a bit rough at the beginning but with wood to burn and a natural spring less than 1/2 mile from my house and alot of good books to read my family and I got through fine.
     I would recommend going a week at least so you can figure out what you are going to do to survive it was very enlightening to say the least, another thing that I found was truly a good thing..... I had never really gotten to know my neighbors but I had a freezer full of meat that was going to go bad so I stoked up the fire and cooked the meat up and walked over to my neighbors houses and invited them over for a hot meal and we all got to know each other very well over those 3 weeks !

Yup, only experience teaches us what really counts, and its not the consumer garbage. Its things like can openers, books, shoe laces and a good conversation.

Offline iamc2

« Reply #1373 on: January 20, 2014, 01:21:46 pm »
Yup, only experience teaches us what really counts, and its not the consumer garbage. Its things like can openers, books, shoe laces and a good conversation.

Excellence advice: my friend; we can all use everyday items that can help us as a team  8) !

Best line is: 'A good conversation' ---Yes my friend we do need to speak face to face!

When the crap hits the fan: well! We The People Understand : How to stand behind the fan...follow the wind... ;)

"When the Truth was murdered:
Common Sense ran away..."

Offline sab

« Reply #1374 on: December 31, 2015, 10:12:18 pm »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_cooker
Solar cookers?

I haven't used one before so i don't know if they are any good. No fuel needed.

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
    • JACKSON HOLLY'S OLD HOME PLACE
« Reply #1375 on: January 01, 2016, 07:50:26 am »

... they don't work very good on a cloudy day.   :D
St. Augustine: “The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it.
Let it loose; it will defend itself."