Author Topic: US Earthquake...Fearmongering or Programming?  (Read 17875 times)

Offline 37

• "The President of what?"
US Earthquake...Fearmongering or Programming?
« on: March 01, 2010, 02:01:03 pm »
This is the headline on Yahoo.com right now.  I'm sure those of you blaming HAARP for Haiti and Chile have been expecting something like this sooner or later.  But, those who don't think much of man made earthquakes, you have to admit that this article is fear mongering, at best.  Anyone who has worked on a school newspaper knows that the most important info is supposed to "lead".  The last few paragraphs are subject to being edited for page space.  This article leads with info and hypothetical situations that paint a picture of potential destruction in the minds of readers.

I have edited out the middle part of the article, because it recaps a lot of Haiti and Chile info that has been regurgitated ad nauseum in the MSM lately.

Chilean earthquake hints at dangers of 'Big One' for USA
http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/2010-03-01-chile-quake-lessons_N.htm?se=yahoorefer

By William M. Welch, Dan Vergano and Chris Hawley, USA TODAY

One of the really "Big Ones" to shake the United States was a magnitude-9.0 earthquake along the Pacific Northwest coast more than 300 years ago, before the arrival of people and development, that sent a catastrophic tsunami to Japan.

Were something like that 1700 quake to occur today — and it certainly could, seismologists say — enormous destruction and loss of life would result in a region that is home now to big cities and millions of people.

The magnitude-8.8 earthquake that rocked Chile and sent tsunami fears across the Pacific on Saturday — nearly seven weeks after the enormously deadly quake that destroyed parts of Haiti— serves as a vivid reminder of the perils posed to the United States by countless fault lines and shifting plates.

"It's not a matter of if, only of when an event like this strikes the people of the United States," says Marcia McNutt, director of the U.S. Geological Survey. "Shame on us if we don't prepare."

(Edit...read entire article at link)

The spate of recent earthquakes, starting with the magnitude-9.3 Indian Ocean event in 2004, follows a 50-year cycle of earthquake activity, McNutt says. The last cycle, in the 1960s, produced the two other record holders for recorded earthquakes — the magnitude-9.5 quake near Valdivia and a magnitude-9.2 quake in Alaska's Prince William Sound.

"We know earthquakes are not uniformly distributed in time; they cluster," McNutt says. "Now suddenly the earthquakes are lighting up again."

Even with the knowledge that a Big One is inevitable, retrofitting buildings and requiring better building practices is a tough sell, even in parts of the country where quakes are facts of life, says Mark Benthien of the Southern California Earthquake Center at the University of Southern California.

"Improvements to our building codes have often followed the earthquakes that we have had," Benthien says. "They are very difficult to pass in other times."

A report commissioned recently by the Earthquake Engineering Research Institute and the U.S. Geological Survey concluded that many of the deaths in Haiti's earthquake could have been prevented by using earthquake-resistant designs and construction, as well as improved quality control in concrete and masonry work of affected buildings.

"The massive human losses can be attributed to a lack of attention to earthquake-resistant design and construction practices, and the poor quality of much of the construction," according to the report. It added: "Indirect evidence suggests that the earthquake did not produce ground motions sufficient to severely damage well-engineered structures."

Chile shows that earthquake-resistant building codes don't mean that people will be able to return to buildings, "just that they won't fall on them," Christian adds. The unfolding scenario of millions of displaced Chileans would likely occur in the USA as well, after a major earthquake, he says.

"We could build things to completely survive earthquakes," Christian says. "They would all look like nuclear power plants. And cost as much."

No predictions are possible for when an earthquake will strike, but the pattern of recent events does worry U.S. planners.

McNutt points to Alaska as the closest copy to Chile on U.S. shores. With a very active fault in the Aleutians and a population hugging the coasts, Anchorage and Juneau are susceptible to similar "subduction" earthquakes, where the Pacific Ocean plate dives under the North American crust.

But it is Puget Sound, with its population and potential to funnel in a tsunami, which is being watched closely.

"Seattle is another area of concern," McNutt says.

Off Washington state's coast, large earthquakes have struck every 500 years or so, with the 1700 quake the last major one. The resulting tsunami tore cedar trees from the ground along Puget Sound and was written about in Japan. The Juan de Fuca plate moves about 40 feet in a century, which means about 120 feet worth of energy is coiled up in the fault now, says Brian Atwater, a U.S. Geological Survey expert on historical tsunamis.

"That gives you about a one in 10 chance of (another large quake) across the next 50 years," he says. "That's enough for society to make some serious decisions about how we build schools and hospitals."
"Whatever it is, I am against it."  -Groucho Marx

Channel 37
http://www.youtube.com/user/jmortimer37

carlee

Re: US Earthquake...Fearmongering or Programming?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 02:15:45 pm »
Both---------- fear and programing 

Offline 37

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 02:25:53 pm »
I think you might be right, Carlee.  We'll have to see. 

It's a fact that CIA Chief Cohen admitted to Earthquake Weapons in the 90's. 

I'm not betting what they'll do or what the future holds...that's a fool's game.

But, if there's a "Big One" in the US I doubt it will be on the "quake prepared" West Coast.  I'd look for something on the New Madrid fault which runs under the Midwest states from North to South.  Cities along the Mississippi are not ready for a strong quake.

They definitely want us to believe that the worst of this "cluster" is yet to come...a 9+ quake.

Channel 37

Offline donnay

• Live Free Or Die Trying!
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 02:42:42 pm »
Fearmongering...

They have been talking about the Yellowstone area for a few years hyping that up.
Please visit my website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

Offline 37

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 02:52:04 pm »
Fearmongering...

They have been talking about the Yellowstone area for a few years hyping that up.

Absolutely...from the History Channel to the 2012 movie...and beyond.

What they really want to do is scare you until they can close the place down and not let any of the peasants go there.

I worked in Yellowstone...believe me there are people who want to deny you access to it.

Channel 37

Offline chris jones

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 03:47:17 pm »

FEAR.TERROR.CONFUSION.

Tools of the mind controllers.

Makes it very difficult to focus on the true source of the abomination.

Offline Calibabe

• Life is too short-Stop bitchin'
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 04:03:10 pm »
We get one we get one.  It is as simple as that.

If you believe that they have a "weapon" that creates earthquakes, then I have two propositions for you.  One, I have land that is 50 miles due west of Santa Monica, get ocean view, wanna buy?

The second, is that the Brooklyn Bridge is for sale.   ::)

You all are starting to make Hugo Chavez sound sane and I didn't think that was possible.
"It's just time to pay the price, For not listening to advice, And deciding in your youth, On the policy of truth" --Depeche Mode

Offline donnay

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 06:31:26 pm »

If you believe that they have a "weapon" that creates earthquakes, then I have two propositions for you.  One, I have land that is 50 miles due west of Santa Monica, get ocean view, wanna buy?

You all are starting to make Hugo Chavez sound sane and I didn't think that was possible.

Then explain these comments made by Former Secretary of Defense William Cohen in 1997: http://www.fas.org/news/usa/1997/04/bmd970429d.htm

"Others [terrorists] are engaging even in an eco-type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves... So there are plenty of ingenious minds out there that are at work finding ways in which they can wreak terror upon other nations...It's real, and that's the reason why we have to intensify our [counter terrorism] efforts." - Defense Secretary William Cohen, 1997

Don Quixote

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 06:34:27 pm »

Pastor Lindsey Williams said to look at Hollywood.

2012 - Yellowstone blows

Book of Eli  - Ash everywhere...

Offline 37

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 06:57:23 pm »
We get one we get one.  It is as simple as that.

If you believe that they have a "weapon" that creates earthquakes, then I have two propositions for you.  One, I have land that is 50 miles due west of Santa Monica, get ocean view, wanna buy?

The second, is that the Brooklyn Bridge is for sale.   ::)

http://www.defense.gov/transcripts/transcript.aspx?transcriptid=674

There are some reports, for example, that some countries have been trying to construct something like an Ebola Virus, and that would be a very dangerous phenomenon, to say the least. Alvin Toeffler has written about this in terms of some scientists in their laboratories trying to devise certain types of pathogens that would be ethnic specific so that they could just eliminate certain ethnic groups and races; and others are designing some sort of engineering, some sort of insects that can destroy specific crops. Others are engaging even in an eco- type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves.

So there are plenty of ingenious minds out there that are at work finding ways in which they can wreak terror upon other nations. It's real, and that's the reason why we have to intensify our efforts, and that's why this is so important.  

We're insane for dreaming that shit up?  Go buy your own bridge...  ::)

Channel 37

Offline chris jones

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2010, 05:37:03 am »

Hi Calibabe.

My uncle was a funny guy, in fact the neighborhood comedian> He taugh me a lesson at a young age, his word" Be sure your brain is engaged before mouth is in gear" May he RIP.
I'm an old fart, but I admit to being one who loves the base of this nation, and firmly beleives in our Bill of Rights and our Cositution.
That we the people of this nation have a voice, do we?

Freind, Telsa was a genius, a scientific marvel, right up there with Einstien. He proved in theory and in practice that is is within the realm of possibilty to create eathquakes. There is a sector of the Gov that controlls a devise known as HAARP. I suggest sincerely that you read up on this.
And Hugo, beleive as you will, this is a free speach site though we adhere to peacfull resistance,or violent comments are banned.
Compare if you will, Mr. Bush, Mr. Obama, and any other cabinet memeber of your choosing to Hugo. After you have done that get back to me. It may take some investigation, research and time, but you may find it enlightning.

Offline donnay

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2010, 03:50:12 pm »
Is The Yellowstone Caldera Calling?

http://www.lewrockwell.com/pr/yellowstone-caldera.html

Everyone who knows anything about volcanoes and earthquakes is aware of the potentially earth destroying capability of the Yellowstone Super Volcano. Yellowstone could do what the Toba Super Volcano did some 70,000 years ago: throw the planet into an ice age that lasted close to 60,000 years and destroy 90-98% of the world’s population. Those are not wild speculations but reality. No one wants to think about it of course; however, Yellowstone may be leaving a calling card for us.

Over the last few months things have been heating up in our famous National Park and none of it is good.

Over eight days, more than 1,270 mostly tiny earthquakes have struck between Old Faithful and West Yellowstone. The strongest dozen or so have ranged between magnitudes 3.0 and 3.8. These are beginning to become serious in size, as a growing swarm of course, but the vast majority have been too weak to be felt even nearby.

Online chatter about an imminent volcanic eruption in Yellowstone hasn't really picked up compared with the attention that a similar quake swarm drew just over a year ago. But here I am chatting!

"Perhaps we have done a better job in the past year or so helping the public understand that earthquake swarms are not unusual in Yellowstone," park spokesman Al Nash said Monday. That said, taken together as a whole, this represents the SECOND greatest and largest swarm in history. The largest quakes in the current swarm have included two of magnitude 3.1 and one of magnitude 3.0 late Sunday and early Monday, according to the University of Utah, which helps monitor seismic activity in Yellowstone.

Take note: one of the world's largest volcanoes slumbers at the core of Yellowstone.

The volcano last had a caldera-forming eruption 640,000 years ago and last spewed lava 70,000 years ago, which means it could have erupted along with the Toba super volcano. Geologists say Yellowstone could erupt again, although the probability of an eruption within anyone's lifetime is extremely low! I like those odds, but with all the weird things going on in the physical world these days, who knows?

Relatively mundane fault slippage is believed to be causing the latest quakes, said Jamie Farrell, a researcher at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City. Not that the swarm isn't interesting to geologists - quite the opposite. "It gives us an opportunity to maybe get a better idea of what the processes are that are causing the earthquakes we're seeing," Farrell said. "Hopefully, each time we get one of these, we can get maybe a little better idea of what's going on down there."

I'm glad someone is watching because we may be getting a wake-up call; however, if we are, does anyone know what in the world we could do about it anyway?

Offline planet5

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2010, 04:02:55 pm »
they will try it on tehran,IRAN most likely to force chaos and destroy infrastructure of nuke plants. plausible deniability. the west coast will be soon...they have to see how the americans will take tent city liveing and looting,before the NWO can totally take what we have worked so long and hard for. I see it comeing,do you?

as you have seen the quakes(Ibeleive man made by globalist inspired technologies)are occureing in greater numbers and with greater intensities(as our bible prophecy has stated)as in the birth pangs of a woman in labor the contractions are becomeing shorter...the end times are upon us. It also states in biblical prophecy that the end times would be shortened by god for the sake of his remnant or elect. as the media and communications of our day have aided this prophecy to fulfilment,they have projected that mark of the beast thru all corners of the world just as the fundamentalists of our day have stated that their carrying of the bible and mission work to all parts of the globe is a sure sign. it is a dual sign. the muslims also beleive that the mahdi will be induced soon or brought to light. the third sign.
satan and the antichrist he will bring on as the duplication of the christ is going to use both the media and those technologies mentioned to consolidate his power. he will have all these weapons at his disposal to change hearts and minds thru fear and disbeleif. the united states and the euro-union(revived roman empire) are both going to bring these evil forces together....so it is not merely the israelis..the germans or any individual country to blame,it is the consolidation of power and the control of money and rescources that have accomplished those goals. all peoples should wake up and disregard the cultural and religious hatreds and focus on where the real evil lies. it is in the hidden budgets of most major militaries and intel and the university structures for that research that will dominate all religions soon and replace them with a one world church. then there will truly be no seperation of church and state,church and nation and we will be held accountable for tithes and offerings to that organization. those who do not contibute will be tracked down and put in gulags until they comply. the technology and structure has already been put in place to accomplish this.
the next five years will see much upheaval and devastation to bring about this figure of man and new world order so that he can fix things that his enterprises have initialy destroyed.

VERITAS LUX MEA,in his service

the seeds of famine and despair

here is something to be very concerned about. I think the several supercolliders and the HAARP experiment out of gakona and poker flats alaska are haveing a lot to do with unsettling the faults and the geomagnetics of the earth and its axis. remember what I have said about the period 2010-2012!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2010/feb/28/large-hadron-collider-restarts

in part from a second source:

SCENARIO-1  2010-2012

some rumblings of sources:

OPS-THUNDER STRIKE....ON TEHRAN BY H.A.A.R.P CREATEING A MASSIVE EARTHQUAKE IN THE 8+ RANGE COMEING POSSIBLY MARCH-10,23RD THUS KNOCKING OUT ALL UNDERGROUND TELECOM TO SECRET NUKE SITES...THEN A FOLLOW ON AIRSTRIKE BY ISRAEL BRITISH-CIA SOURCES TO GET THE REMAINDER OF OPS,WHILE PANIC ENSUES(HAITI WAS A WALK IN THE PARK COMPARED TO WHATS COMEING

As we speak AWACS are flying in anfd out of McChord attempting to make this happen. Next they will torch off the Yellow Stone Calderra - nuclear winter, 6 Billion Deaths.

In addittion, many underground bases will be destroyed.

Since most Doomsday Weapons are burried undergrounfd in the Western North America Region one of these may go off.

Heck - the USAF can only account for 118 of hte 121 they have.

So where do your evacuate to?

The Earth may shatter - no one is listening any more.

Alone - I can no longer hold back this tide. Look out the window - a windstorm last night caused by weather modification done at McChord.

If our world leaders do not act NOW and listen there will not be any place to evacuate to.

SCENARIO-2

If this fails, then Operation Thunder Strike will huit Tehran 23 Mar 10 with an Earth Quake - and let's hops thta does nto spark Nuclear War of a Doomsday Bomb from going off near hte Caspain Sea.

SCENARIO-3

be advised that the LHC or large hadron super colliders at geneva switzerland are being primed for major energy ejections that could propel quark materials into the earths core to trigger magma movements at a faster scale and thus unleasheing the energy of the major upper ring of fire faults. so man is going to destroy himself as he always has,but in the process god is also shortening the endtimes for the sake of his elect remnant and faithful. by both their faith and the new affirmations by baptism and immersion he accomplishes this. the followers of satan are going to be included in satans plan for a massive harvest of souls before they have the opportunity to affirm before christ. there is indeed a spiritual as well as a physical war for the heavens going on. pray for intervention and grace,but know also that all prophecy must be fulfilled to achieve gods goals in his very real universe.

there is evidence that a very large quake(7.4+) is looming for either the british columbia-vancouver island area,and an accompanying tsunami as the predicessor to unleashing the faultlines of the entire west coast of north america. when the 7.4 occurs there will be but a short time to evacuate the entire coastal population inland and to higher ground. this area of b.c has been quite active for the larger quakes in the last ten years. and what I am telling you is inevitable. this will be gods warning and judgement on an evil and corrupt area of the world such as haiti was(under usa control by cia others for drug and people trafficking for years as well as voodoo practices)

see also joshua taylors visions of 1988-93 as a backdrop for west coast events

Offline Calibabe

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2010, 04:39:04 pm »
Hi Calibabe.

My uncle was a funny guy, in fact the neighborhood comedian> He taugh me a lesson at a young age, his word" Be sure your brain is engaged before mouth is in gear" May he RIP.
I'm an old fart, but I admit to being one who loves the base of this nation, and firmly beleives in our Bill of Rights and our Cositution.
That we the people of this nation have a voice, do we?

Freind, Telsa was a genius, a scientific marvel, right up there with Einstien. He proved in theory and in practice that is is within the realm of possibilty to create eathquakes. There is a sector of the Gov that controlls a devise known as HAARP. I suggest sincerely that you read up on this.
And Hugo, beleive as you will, this is a free speach site though we adhere to peacfull resistance,or violent comments are banned.
Compare if you will, Mr. Bush, Mr. Obama, and any other cabinet memeber of your choosing to Hugo. After you have done that get back to me. It may take some investigation, research and time, but you may find it enlightning.

I have looked at HAARP.  

Do you know how much pressure it would take for that device to move the tectonic plates of Earth?  It would have to be a hell of a lot bigger than what they have.  

People want an explanation to everything.  Sometimes there are no explanations.  There is a thing called nature.  Earthquakes are what have shaped the mountains, the Grand Canyon, and countless other sites all across the globe.  They didn't have HAARP back then did they when the Grand Canyon was formed?  

I think everyone has a voice.  That is what makes our country stand out among all others.  I also believe in the Bill of Rights and the Constitution.  However to put fear into everything that happens, like every event is controlled is absolutely ludicrious.  Someone shoots someone, people get on here to hatch some sinister plot.  Earthquake or hurricane happens and immediately it is some machine that causes it to happen.  Do we really believe that the sun rises and sets on its own or is the government in charge of that too?  You can take and extrapolate any event out from its origin and go that route.  I choose not to believe that there is a boogie man behind every corner. Interesting how different people can take information out of context and make it sound just the opposite of what was actually said.

The fact is that the reference to "eco- type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves" had been prefaced by Cohen as an example of a "false scare of a threat".

Likewise, the summary comment regarding "ingenious minds out there that are at work finding ways in which they can wreak terror upon other nations" was also in reference to those who would make a "false scare of a threat" merely to disrupt their enemy.

It is clear from his actual comments that Cohen did not in any manner believe that these "threats" existed.

The complete question and answer were: (April, 1997)

Quote:
Q: Let me ask you specifically about last week's scare here in Washington, and what we might have learned from how prepared we are to deal with that (inaudible), at B'nai Brith.

A: Well, it points out the nature of the threat. It turned out to be a false threat under the circumstances. But as we've learned in the intelligence community, we had something called -- and we have James Woolsey here to perhaps even address this question about phantom moles. The mere fear that there is a mole within an agency can set off a chain reaction and a hunt for that particular mole which can paralyze the agency for weeks and months and years even, in a search. The same thing is true about just the false scare of a threat of using some kind of a chemical weapon or a biological one. There are some reports, for example, that some countries have been trying to construct something like an Ebola Virus, and that would be a very dangerous phenomenon, to say the least. Alvin Toeffler has written about this in terms of some scientists in their laboratories trying to devise certain types of pathogens that would be ethnic specific so that they could just eliminate certain ethnic groups and races; and others are designing some sort of engineering, some sort of insects that can destroy specific crops. Others are engaging even in an eco- type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves.

So there are plenty of ingenious minds out there that are at work finding ways in which they can wreak terror upon other nations. It's real, and that's the reason why we have to intensify our efforts, and that's why this is so important.  

Of course I can see how this might confuse those who like to read something into everything that cannot be easily explained.  Like I said, it is human nature that when we don't have an explanation for some event, we need to create a scenario that will fit and make the unthinkable, believeable.  

I guess we agree to disagree.
"It's just time to pay the price, For not listening to advice, And deciding in your youth, On the policy of truth" --Depeche Mode

Offline xereau

• Thread Killer
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2010, 05:32:14 pm »
Info on Ground Penetrating Radar:

GPR Limitations

The fact that GPR works at all depends upon very sensitive measuring systems being used and specialized circumstances. Radio waves decrease exponentially and soon become undetectable in energy absorbing materials.

The quality and characteristics of a GPR image are determined by factors including the wavelength and frequency of the transmitted radar signals, the quality of the receiving antenna and equipment, and the quality of the mathematical analysis and processing that produces the final image.

Higher frequency and shorter wavelength radar signals will produce images of higher resolution. But such signals do not penetrate as far into the earth. Lower frequency signals penetrate farther, but cannot provide the same level of detail.

On average, low frequency GPR signals can penetrate up to about 140 feet through solid rock, providing an image with about three-foot resolution. Soil impedes GPR signals more than rock, and liquids rapidly degrade GPR signals and dampen signal penetration.

GPR signals decay exponentially in soil and rock

Attenuation varies with excitation frequency and material.
This family of graphs depicts general trends. At low frequencies
(<1 MHz) attenuation is primarily controlled by DC conductivity.
At high frequencies (> 1000 MHz) water is a strong energy absorber.

Can I Decrease Frequency To Improve Penetration?

Lowering frequency improves depth of exploration because attenuation primarily increases with frequency. As frequency decreases, however, two other fundamental aspects of the GPR measurement come into play.  
First, reducing frequency results in a loss of resolution. Second, if frequency is too low, electromagnetic fields no longer travel as waves but diffuse which is the realm of inductive EM or eddy current measurements.  

Why Can't I Just Increase My Transmitter Power?

One can increase exploration depth by increasing the transmitter power. Unfortunately, power must increase exponentially in order to increase depth of exploration.

When attenuation limits exploration depth, power must increase
exponentially with depth.

What is the diameter of the earth?

The diameter of the earth at the equator is 7,926.41 miles (12,756.32 kilometers).
But, if you measure the earth through the poles the diameter is a bit shorter - 7,901 miles (12,715.43 km). Thus the earth is a tad wider (25 miles / 41 km) than it is tall, giving it a slight bulge at the equator. This shape is known as an ellipsoid or more properly, geoid (earth-like).

The Numbers:

140 feet = 42.7m

12,756,320m = diameter of the earth

12,756,320m / 42.7m = 298,742 times the distance 2500 watts can penetrate.

To go another 42.7m, you will need 5000 watts of power.

To go another 42.7m, you will need 10,000 watts of power.

To go another 42.7m, you will need 20,000 watter of power.

Getting the picture yet?

To penetrate the full diameter of the earth, you would need:

2^298,742 watts of power!!! = a number so massive, we might as well not go on, right?

The number of atomic particles in the universe is estimated at 10^87.

So.

Anyone still think HAARP can penetrate the earth to cause earthquakes ?

Oh, and how does HAARP translate a force through the air from 60 miles above the surface from the fluoresced ionosphere, into the ground in order to move a trillion trillion trillion tons of rock?  All of this parroting of pseudoscience makes me literally sick to my stomach.  Have I read Dr. Nick Begich's book?  No.  Does reading this book make you an expert on HAARP?  No.  It makes you an expert at propagating nonsense without putting in ANY critical thought of your own, however.
Government is the Entertainment Division of the military-industrial complex. --  Frank Zappa

Offline Calibabe

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 05:38:19 pm »
Info on Ground Penetrating Radar:

GPR Limitations

The fact that GPR works at all depends upon very sensitive measuring systems being used and specialized circumstances. Radio waves decrease exponentially and soon become undetectable in energy absorbing materials.

The quality and characteristics of a GPR image are determined by factors including the wavelength and frequency of the transmitted radar signals, the quality of the receiving antenna and equipment, and the quality of the mathematical analysis and processing that produces the final image.

Higher frequency and shorter wavelength radar signals will produce images of higher resolution. But such signals do not penetrate as far into the earth. Lower frequency signals penetrate farther, but cannot provide the same level of detail.

On average, low frequency GPR signals can penetrate up to about 140 feet through solid rock, providing an image with about three-foot resolution. Soil impedes GPR signals more than rock, and liquids rapidly degrade GPR signals and dampen signal penetration.

GPR signals decay exponentially in soil and rock

Attenuation varies with excitation frequency and material.
This family of graphs depicts general trends. At low frequencies
(<1 MHz) attenuation is primarily controlled by DC conductivity.
At high frequencies (> 1000 MHz) water is a strong energy absorber.

Can I Decrease Frequency To Improve Penetration?

Lowering frequency improves depth of exploration because attenuation primarily increases with frequency. As frequency decreases, however, two other fundamental aspects of the GPR measurement come into play.  
First, reducing frequency results in a loss of resolution. Second, if frequency is too low, electromagnetic fields no longer travel as waves but diffuse which is the realm of inductive EM or eddy current measurements.  

Why Can't I Just Increase My Transmitter Power?

One can increase exploration depth by increasing the transmitter power. Unfortunately, power must increase exponentially in order to increase depth of exploration.

When attenuation limits exploration depth, power must increase
exponentially with depth.

What is the diameter of the earth?

The diameter of the earth at the equator is 7,926.41 miles (12,756.32 kilometers).
But, if you measure the earth through the poles the diameter is a bit shorter - 7,901 miles (12,715.43 km). Thus the earth is a tad wider (25 miles / 41 km) than it is tall, giving it a slight bulge at the equator. This shape is known as an ellipsoid or more properly, geoid (earth-like).

The Numbers:

140 feet = 42.7m

12,756,320m = diameter of the earth

12,756,320m / 42.7m = 298,742 times the distance 2500 watts can penetrate.

To go another 42.7m, you will need 5000 watts of power.

To go another 42.7m, you will need 10,000 watts of power.

To go another 42.7m, you will need 20,000 watter of power.

Getting the picture yet?

To penetrate the full diameter of the earth, you would need:

2^298,742 watts of power!!! = a number so massive, we might as well not go on, right?

The number of atomic particles in the universe is estimated at 10^87.

So.

Anyone still think HAARP can penetrate the earth to cause earthquakes ?

Oh, and how does HAARP translate a force through the air from 60 miles above the surface from the fluoresced ionosphere, into the ground in order to move a trillion trillion trillion tons of rock?  All of this parroting of pseudoscience makes me literally sick to my stomach.  Have I read Dr. Nick Begich's book?  No.  Does reading this book make you an expert on HAARP?  No.  It makes you an expert at propagating nonsense without putting in ANY critical thought of your own, however.

Excellent article xereau!

Offline Monkeypox

• He Loved Big Brother
    • Monkeypox
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2010, 05:46:33 pm »

People want an explanation to everything.  Sometimes there are no explanations.  There is a thing called nature.  Earthquakes are what have shaped the mountains, the Grand Canyon, and countless other sites all across the globe.  They didn't have HAARP back then did they when the Grand Canyon was formed?  

Actually, The Grand Canyon was formed primarily due to erosion caused by water and wind, not by earthquakes.

;)
War Is Peace - Freedom Is Slavery - Ignorance Is Strength

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."

—Thomas Jefferson

Offline Catalina

• Government Censorship, Protecting You From Reality
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2010, 09:54:49 pm »
Then explain this video  http://current.com/items/92251151_youtube-chile-earthquake-and-haarp-colors-in-the-sky.htm

Sound familiar? China, Haiti, Indonesia, etc. I smell HAARP
Spare no cost for truth's sake, neither depart from it for any gain. -Proverbs 23:23

Bestow not the gifts that God has given you to get worldly riches. -Proverbs 23:4

Offline 37

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2010, 10:26:42 pm »
I haven't ever thought of HAARP as an earthquake machine.  I've heard that theory...a lot.  But I don't put much stock in it.  More likely, based on their MO, their earthquake device would be explosive in nature.  Of course, there are several ways to cause earthquakes that are proven.  One of them is to inject a lot of fluid into a deep mine.  Chile has plenty of those.  I also wouldn't be surprised if the US government has developed a submersible drill and nuke combo for causing ocean quakes.  

It's a fact that they can cause tsunamis.  New Zealand perfected it in the 50's.

Here...a little more fearmongering for you...

Channel 37

Offline chris jones

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2010, 03:07:08 pm »
I have looked at HAARP.  

Do you know how much pressure it would take for that device to move the tectonic plates of Earth?  It would have to be a hell of a lot bigger than what they have.  

I think everyone has a voice.  That is what makes our country stand out among all others.  I also believe in the Bill of Rights and the Constitution.  However to put fear into everything that happens, like every event is controlled is absolutely ludicrious.  Someone shoots someone, people get on here to hatch some sinister plot.  Earthquake or hurricane happens and immediately it is some machine that causes it to happen.  Do we really believe that the sun rises and sets on its own or is the government in charge of that too?  You can take and extrapolate any event out from its origin and go that route.  I choose not to believe that there is a boogie man behind every corner. Interesting how different people can take information out of context and make it sound just the opposite of what was actually said.

The fact is that the reference to "eco- type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves" had been prefaced by Cohen as an example of a "false scare of a threat".

Likewise, the summary comment regarding "ingenious minds out there that are at work finding ways in which they can wreak terror upon other nations" was also in reference to those who would make a "false scare of a threat" merely to disrupt their enemy.

It is clear from his actual comments that Cohen did not in any manner believe that these "threats" existed.

The complete question and answer were: (April, 1997)

Quote:
Q: Let me ask you specifically about last week's scare here in Washington, and what we might have learned from how prepared we are to deal with that (inaudible), at B'nai Brith.

A: Well, it points out the nature of the threat. It turned out to be a false threat under the circumstances. But as we've learned in the intelligence community, we had something called -- and we have James Woolsey here to perhaps even address this question about phantom moles. The mere fear that there is a mole within an agency can set off a chain reaction and a hunt for that particular mole which can paralyze the agency for weeks and months and years even, in a search. The same thing is true about just the false scare of a threat of using some kind of a chemical weapon or a biological one. There are some reports, for example, that some countries have been trying to construct something like an Ebola Virus, and that would be a very dangerous phenomenon, to say the least. Alvin Toeffler has written about this in terms of some scientists in their laboratories trying to devise certain types of pathogens that would be ethnic specific so that they could just eliminate certain ethnic groups and races; and others are designing some sort of engineering, some sort of insects that can destroy specific crops. Others are engaging even in an eco- type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves.

Of course I can see how this might confuse those who like to read something into everything that cannot be easily explained.  Like I said, it is human nature that when we don't have an explanation for some event, we need to create a scenario that will fit and make the unthinkable, believeable.  

I guess we agree to disagree.

Hi Calibabe.

Very well put. If your don't mind I have a few questions, if you do mind , no problem put them asside.
Questions:
Was Vietnam a money maker for the MIC and the playmates.
I ask this as you seem to be of an age where you remember it.

Did the CIA run drugs using the golden triangle during this epica with the aid of US troops on TDY?

Was 911 in any way fashion or form involve anyone but the cave dwellers of Bin Laden.

Where WMD's the true reason we invaded Iraq, after all it cost us trillions, 5000 troops dead and 1,3 million Iraqis, the majority civilians.

The bailouts, were legal, constitutional.Or was this a criminal unconstitutional act.

Skip HAARP, and boogey men hiding in the shadows please, these formentioned events are in our face not in someones deep dark pocket.

Did the Israelys attack the USS Liberty under orders, though they were aware this was a a US ship?

Do your beleive that the past and current regime have our best interests at heart. That they are living up to our constitution and Bill of Rghts to the letter of the law of this land?

I could go non and on, but I have attemtped to to keep this superficial in order to understand your reasoning.

Thank you.CJ

Offline planet5

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2010, 04:39:26 pm »
the HAARP is only the directional-force multiplier to the other technologies being developed at the cern fermi labs,tromso norway,etc. they will provide the energy to ions being displaced by haarp,from solar mirrors or lasers on platforms in space thus causeing a different penetration power. do some research!

all these combined can and do cause earthquakes in the 8-10 mag. range.

sc10000

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2010, 04:43:40 pm »

It's pretty obvious the target will be Los Angeles.

carlee

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2010, 05:09:28 pm »

it  was  already look at the map of chile        Los Angeles Chile,
is located about 7 or 8 hours south of Santiago.
It's a quiet town of about 100,000 people.
  http://www.worldmapfinder.com/En/South_America/Chile/Los_Angeles/     

Offline chris jones

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2010, 07:11:00 pm »
Hi Calibabe.

Calibabe, I have read your post several times, I wouldn't say we disagree on everything.
My questioning on your beleifs was out of order, my apoligies.

As far as HAARP is concerned, I am not a scientitsit, however there are some people on this site who are educated in the fields concerning this,
wih backup from people in high places, these folks I have confidence in.
Some may sound off the wall, but the qualified majority do have statistics that can give creditibilty to this in detail. I don't beleive those posting are convinced that every earthquake, hurricane, etc is attributed to HARRP.

Offline IridiumKEPfactor

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2010, 07:15:21 pm »

If it is an EarthQuake weapon. The Earth Quake would bring the nation together and there would be endless photo ops and signal the destruction of the U.S. ecconomy.

It could be normal but if i see video of Taiwanese people saying they saw the sky change colors then I know what I'm going to think.

sc10000

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2010, 08:42:19 pm »

Flatten a good portion of downtown LA, widespread panic, hello marshall law. Now kick in a cyberattack prior to that so comms are already down..............

Won't scare us but some people freak out over a hang nail.   :P

Offline 37

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2010, 09:00:19 am »
This morning, during a phoner interview on the Opie and Anthony Show on Sirius XM physicist Michio Kaku was speaking about various topics, including UFOs, black holes, and a few other topics, when the topic of climate warming and earthquakes were brought up. In closing, right before he got off the phone, he stated that Los Angeles was next as far as massive earthquakes, that they were due in part to the cyclical nature of earthquakes, and that their fault line works on a 120-150 year cycle.

I'm not sure if i believe him either way, but I figured I would throw the info out there for people to mine as needed to see if it fit with anybodies theories. I believe it was during the 2nd or 3rd hour if anyone is interested in listening and and can find audio on line. It may lend credence to the HAARP earthquake weapon, (although I doubt it since none of those blokes can seem to articulate HOW the HAARP system can cause an earthquake, they just repeatedly say it can.) Or it may just mean that earthquakes can be cyclical. Anyhow, throw your angle at it, and see if it sticks.

Kaku was out last year making gloomy predictions about the solar cycle in 2012.  He's a favorite on FOX.

Deadly Solar Storm 2012 - MICHIO KAKU live on FOX News
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0QxLzCXHfc

Maintaining the fear distraction...  ;)

Channel 37

Offline Georgiacopguy

• 'Cause it's a revolution for your mind...K?!
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2010, 09:04:56 am »
I'm not sure how I feel about it either way. I cannot tell if he is a government shill or what. Which is why i say take the evidence and use it as you will. I just cant tell either way with him. He spouts alot of hype, but gives out alot of valid info. You said in the other thread you equate him to David Icke, which could be true. Both speak alot of info, but then there is always that little tidbit of detectable tripe.

Kaku was out last year making gloomy predictions about the solar cycle in 2012.  He's a favorite on FOX.

Maintaining the fear distraction...  ;)

The resistance starts here. Unfortunately, the entire thing is moving beyond the intellectual infowar. I vow I will not make an overt rush at violent authority, until authority makes it's violent rush at me and you. I will not falter, I will not die in this course. For that is how they win.

Offline Georgiacopguy

• 'Cause it's a revolution for your mind...K?!
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2010, 09:14:16 am »
Oddly though on the radio show this morning, he made it clear that westerners had co-opted the Mayan calender to sell books and throw theories out there. He stated that 2012 apocolypse theory is pretty far out there. So if he is making a claim on solar storms, it might be based solely on scientific data as it correlates to that timeframe. Or he could be stirring fervor leading up to an already tense timeline due to previous propaganda. Sometimes I hate being on the fence on somethings. It'd be nice to have enough info and evidence to just take a stand on things.

Kaku was out last year making gloomy predictions about the solar cycle in 2012.  He's a favorite on FOX.

Maintaining the fear distraction...  ;)

The resistance starts here. Unfortunately, the entire thing is moving beyond the intellectual infowar. I vow I will not make an overt rush at violent authority, until authority makes it's violent rush at me and you. I will not falter, I will not die in this course. For that is how they win.

Offline 37

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2010, 09:55:07 am »
Oddly though on the radio show this morning, he made it clear that westerners had co-opted the Mayan calender to sell books and throw theories out there. He stated that 2012 apocolypse theory is pretty far out there. So if he is making a claim on solar storms, it might be based solely on scientific data as it correlates to that timeframe. Or he could be stirring fervor leading up to an already tense timeline due to previous propaganda. Sometimes I hate being on the fence on somethings. It'd be nice to have enough info and evidence to just take a stand on things.

Kaku is making solar storm predictions based on real NASA data, no doubt.  FOX News is happy to feature it because...?

He's absolutely correct about the Mayan calendar thing, it's a complete scam.  It is similar to Sitchin's ridiculous Nibiru stuff, and not coincidentally, those two things have been tied together recently.

Really, I think we are in the midst of an earthquake "cluster", which occur at fairly regular intervals, as do solar storms.  What I find interesting is that the MSM is subtly turning these things into doomsday propaganda.  Are they just pandering to what is human nature...attraction to doomsday theories.  Or are they trying to program people to believe that the doomsday has arrived?

There are two popular videos of FOX and Friends discussing 2012 ideas.  Does this lend them credit?  Geraldo had someone on talking about the Dresden Codex and 2012.  Naturally, Geraldo made it clear he found the ideas ridiculous, but still he had them on.  I haven't dug deep enough to find out when these aired on FOX, but I suspect it was around the time production on 2012(Movie) was wrapping up.  And, I think it is no coincidence that the article about the Chile Quake shifting the Earth's axis, came out just prior to the release of this movie on DVD.

It's well known that the Bush administration paid for politically slanted news pieces...do we think that there aren't others paying to have the MSM support their views or popularize their products?

This is what I'm trying to figure out.  Who is trying to scare us and why?  I assume it's cover for the raping of our country, but it could also be used to serve several other agendas.

Channel 37

Offline xereau

• Thread Killer
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2010, 07:31:24 am »

This is what I'm trying to figure out.  Who is trying to scare us and why?  I assume it's cover for the raping of our country, but it could also be used to serve several other agendas.

It is a well known fact that humans are much (as in infinitely) more apt to be herded around to do nearly anything when in a warlike state of mind.  This is the basis for the entire NWO and the war on terror. Alan Watt goes into this in great detail, often.  People need to be in a warlike mental state in order to accept rapid large scale change.  Whether the enemy is a timelord in a cave (BOOGAH BOOGAH), global warming, earthquakes, or whatever thing TPTB cook up, it puts the human mind in a primal state.  This is the mechanism the elites have used to control the masses for milennia.  This stategum is talked about in The Club of Rome's book "The First Global Revolution".
Government is the Entertainment Division of the military-industrial complex. --  Frank Zappa

Offline 37

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2010, 10:43:54 am »

VOLCANO LIGHTNING PHOTOS: Alaska's Redoubt Goes Electric
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/04/photogalleries/volcano-lightning-pictures/

April 14, 2009--Lightning, which often accompanies large eruptions, illuminates a giant ash cloud from Alaska's Redoubt Volcano, southwest of Anchorage, in a March 28 picture by an amateur astronomer. (See daytime pictures of the Redoubt Volcano eruption.)

To "see" the lightning inside volcanic plumes, scientists began setting up four lightning mapping arrays, which look like large antennas, near Redoubt Volcano in January. Often used to predict thunderstorms, such arrays had never before been deployed before an eruption.

"We don't always get lightning [when a volcano erupts]," said Steve McNutt, research professor of volcano seismology at the University of Alaska, Fairbanks, who was involved in the project. "And that's one of the things we're trying to figure out."

Volcano Sparks New Type of Lightning

Ash and steam aren't the only byproducts of a volcanic eruption.
http://news.discovery.com/earth/volcano-eruption-lightning.html

By Irene Klotz | Fri Mar 5, 2010 12:55 PM ET
When Alaska's Redoubt Volcano erupted last year, ash, gases and steam weren't the only things filling the air. The eruption also produced a new type of lighting -- small, quick sparks right at the start.

"We long suspected that the first eruption might be different -- and it was," University of Alaska volcano seismologist Stephen McNutt, told Discovery News.

By monitoring seismic data, researchers were able to get a jump on Redoubt and set up lightning detectors in the area two months before the volcano blew. Three-dimensional pictures produced from the arrays showed -- for the first time -- tiny sparks of lighting lasting just a millisecond or two inside the volcano's ash plume at the start of the eruption.(CONT.)

Isn't it interesting timing to release this info about Redoubt?  Or should I say re-release this info.  The first article is from last year.  The second one is from last Friday.

Yellowstone hit by swarm of earthquakes
http://www.denverpost.com/mobile/ci_14216212#top

Posted: 01/18/2010 12:00:35 PM MST
Updated: 01/20/2010 02:20:19 PM MS

Yellowstone National Park has been rattled by more than 250 earthquakes in the past two days following a period of 11 months of quiet seismic activity in the park.

The quakes have been gaining strength, with a 3.1 tremor recorded at 11:03 a.m. today. A 2.9 quake was recorded at 12:38 p.m.

Prof. Robert B. Smith, a geophysicist at the University of Utah and one of the leading experts on earthquake and volcanic activity at Yellowstone, said that the activity is a "notable swarm."

Eleven months of inactivity.  The last "swarm" was right around the time Redoubt blew.  And, coincidentally...everyone knew Redoubt was going to blow.  They had set up cameras two months prior.  When someone reads that seismic activity is a precursor to a volcanic explosion...are they reminded of these articles about recent "unprecedented seismic swarms" in Yellowstone?

Keep your eye on Yellowstone...thousands of miles from Wall Street.  ::)

Channel 37

Offline woken up

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2010, 09:15:46 am »
With all the doomsday stuff coming out about dec21 2012 makes you wonder if they will do somthing and with Haiti and Chile seems strange  ::)  who knows these are pretty sick and demented creatures that control and govern us.

Offline planet5

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2010, 03:51:05 pm »
I anticipate that the various consortiums of the high energy projects(the CERN,FERMI LABS,stanford linear reactors and brookhaven national labs,as well as those at the los alamos project in new mexico and many others in foreign countries) are not working on these projects for their health,but because of the pressing need to find a shield for the various ballistic missles that would head our way from rogue nations.
president bush is well aware,as is the senate and house intel commitees,of the pressing need for these "shields" which will make missle launch weapons obsolete,but create many other dangers in the process.
remember the "PHILADELPHIA EXPERIMENT"? WHERE A BATTLESHIP..THE USS ELDRIDGE AND ITS SAILORS WERE DISAPPEARED OR SENT INTO A TIME WARP,THIS IN 1943!?
there is something similar but far more imposeing in the works by the DOE AND INTL. GOVERNMENTS AS WELL AS NRO,NASA,NSA.
WHAT IF THIS CONSORTIUM AND ITS VARIOUS SUPER-HEATED RADAR ANTENNAE GENERATED ENOUGH POWER TO MAKE A MID SIZED CITY "DISAPPEAR!?. THIS,OF COURSE WOULD NOT BE THE PRIMARY FOCUS OF THE EXPERIMENT,BUT THE UNNINTENDED CONSEQUENCE!

Can you imagine,that one day you are travelling to say,san diego or santa barbara(near vanderberg afb) and the roads suddenly ended or the city was not visible or recognizeable?
the national guard and army was crawling all over the area in radiological gear and you were turned away,because of the neutron radiological contamination and fusion of the city.
yes,FUSION! the results of a super heateing of the ions and the various additives of barium and other oxides in the chemtrails experiments(a part of this experiment)could cause the same sort of radiation fallout as well as the temporary or permanent disappearance of all physical elements in a particular fire zone.
magine 250,00 people or more who would almost immediately become non-existent and the cover up and blame of an radiological bomb or other by terrorists would soon be revealed to the news networks as a cover.
maybe this is why the government is so fervently working the war on terror thesis to the general public,knowing full well the implications of such an experiment for the so-called"GREATER GOOD"!
there have been several ramp ups to this comeing project in the past besides the philly experiment. there was one in nevada as recently as 1996,and several power grid drains in the west and east coast grids...one in new york and upper midwest in 2000,and 2003 I beleive.
any experiment such as the one in our near future will create a similar temporary power grid drain up to the fireing of this radar-ion-neutron device in the lower atmosphere.

the city may or may not have been chosen as a target yet,but the choice is not far off,pray to god it is not your city!

THE H.A.A.R.P project is the key focal point of the research carried on at the university and doe research levels,and the mechanical means to activate the grid are being created in the underground linear reactors and circular grids at the main facilities I mentioned above.

some of the possible titles of these projects are:

(1)BRIGHT THUNDER

(2) ZEUS-VANGUARD

(3)zion vanguard

(4)zeus-aurora

charles buchanan 111
auburn,wa

Offline AlexanderStone

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2017, 02:02:20 pm »
It's a fact that CIA Chief Cohen admitted to Earthquake Weapons in the 90's. 

The problem with the last name 'cohen' is that it is the lineage of high priests according to those who count themselves sons of IsRaEl.

So typically anyone with that last name can be assumed to be an illuminati shill.

'sacha baron cohen'; even more so when your acronym is a telecom giant 'sbc', or your middle name is 'baron'.