Author Topic: Obama Czar Cass Sunstein: "Ban Conspiracy Theorizing"  (Read 63823 times)

Offline Monkeypox

• He Loved Big Brother
    • Monkeypox
Re: Top Obama czar: Infiltrate all 'conspiracy theorists'
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2010, 09:12:31 pm »
The thought police would have to shut down sites like this altogether...

You really think they wouldn't if they got their way?  Look at what's happening with net filtering in Australia.
War Is Peace - Freedom Is Slavery - Ignorance Is Strength

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."

—Thomas Jefferson

Offline James

Re: Top Obama czar: All Americans who expose 9/11 lies must be exterminated
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2010, 09:19:47 pm »
Yeah pretty sure a few dentists ended up on that list. Don't want Australians to find out about the evils of dentistry do we.

Offline mr anderson

• WeAreChange Brisbane
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2010, 12:01:14 am »
WeAreChange Brisbane
I hold personal views, beliefs and opinions that do not necessarily reflect the beliefs and opinions of WeAreChange Brisbane as a whole.

Our Bitcoin address: 1Fzb4bp48oMr7CFzT3SbkTzKpMSvWW1X1t

Offline jeremystalked1

Offline New Whirled Order

« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2010, 12:14:05 am »
The so-called "official story" of 9/11 is the real conspiracy theory.

Offline NotASlave

« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2010, 12:49:56 am »
Cass SunSTEIN ? Nice name.  Gets tiring ya know.
The Social Workers Mantra: "All Mothers neglect, All Fathers rape babies and Children never lie, unless they recant"

Offline NotASlave

« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2010, 01:08:41 am »
Listen up - the CLUE to us all is in the fact that Cass SunSTEIN mentioned "Shawn Scammity". 

Then entire process is designed to INCITE a response. 

As the Alcoholic goes - "Booze makes the fool REACT while clarity makes the wise ACT".
The Social Workers Mantra: "All Mothers neglect, All Fathers rape babies and Children never lie, unless they recant"

Offline jeremystalked1

« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2010, 01:16:38 am »
Absolutely... from my essay on the purge of the "1 in 20" who might resist:

What I’ve learned since then is that all my Internet activity from about 1999 on has been logged and data mined – years before the USAPATRIOT act, and even before the FBI’s half-hearted rollout of Carnivore. My stalkers have access to all that information.

Imagine a system like Amazon’s recommendation system, except that instead of identifying books you like based on your past purchases, it identifies your belief systems based on your web browsing and email history. Imagine that this system has been available since at least 1999. I don’t have to imagine it, because I think I may have gotten caught up in it.

There’s several ways I could have gotten flagged based on my Internet activity. For example, the intelligence and law enforcement community will periodically release information about new capabilities, and this information will be disseminated at technology enthusiast watering holes. People who abruptly change their Internet habits in response to these news items are probably flagged.

The Internet is like a honeypot for thought criminals. A person who is a thought criminal (and likely to be among that one in twenty) is probably already identified as a problem, thanks to his confidant, the Internet. The thought criminal won’t know for sure, until the gangs come after him.

Someone needs to tip him off.

Offline NotASlave

« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2010, 01:24:34 am »
People do believe you btw, I've been wondering who's real here and who isn't for a while.

I REALLY want to know: who here pays federal income tax? Is anyone protesting that yet? These Nazis get paid by US.

Here's a link to one of his pukey articles: http://www.littlemag.com/mar-apr01/cass.html

Hitting the NAIL ON THE HEAD - !

I'm pretty much on the f**k IT ALL END of it!

Not paying - f**k THEM.

Its just INTEREST for the Bankers - Everything Gov't spends is BORROWED.

There is NO POWER FOR THE PEOPLE as long as they FEED THE BEAST !  

"Here Massa - ...here's my LABOR - ...go ahead...take it from my CHILDREN and feed yourself - and ...Massa ...if ya wanna get a bigga stick to beat me with - thats ok with me .... I worship you massa ...You got the POWER! ..and I live in ABJECT FEAR of you Massa"

SLAVES WITH BIG MOUTHS AND NO ACTIONS - GO AHEAD AND FILE DUMB ASSES -

EDIT: <one brave man - Ed Brown>

Offline jeremystalked1

« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2010, 02:12:06 am »
Hitting the NAIL ON THE HEAD - !

I'm pretty much on the f**k IT ALL END of it!

Not paying - f**k THEM.

I used to post "daring" and inflammatory remarks along these lines in public forums.  These remarks were used against me after I was targeted.

I have to caution everyone here - now that we all know COINTELPRO style tactics are going to be used against this site (and several of its members) - you must make yourself aware of these tactics, and begin protecting yourself.  Part of protecting yourself involves being careful about what you say, or about how you say it.

You may run into a personal smear campaign which recruits people at your Internet Service Provider.  They will snoop on your Internet connection, extralegally, to confirm you're saying the horrible (to them) things they've heard you're saying.  When they've gotten confirmation, the organized stalking campaign starts in earnest and then you're screwed.

Maybe you should consider using Tor and an offshore email host (I use Fastmail).  Realistically there is no way a domestic law enforcement agency or local organized stalking ring can get their hands on my Internet history, legally.

That does not mean you should refrain from resistance and civil disobedience in accordance with your personal moral code.  You just have to consider the ramifications of boasting about it.

Offline BruntFCA

« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2010, 02:20:26 am »
pedophile.....

You made me LOL in real life, he certainly could pass as one, but I'd give him the benefit of the doubt so as to not descend to his level..

Offline William Rausch

• I am not a number. I am a free man!
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2010, 05:38:47 am »
I'd like to amend my earlier reply (reply #8) to this thread by stating that, according to the order established under the Constitution of the United States, it is the American people and the several States, and not the Federal State, which jointly constitute the sovereign body corporate and politic in the US, with the Federal State merely serving as the instrument of the power of the sovereign body corporate and politic.

As a staunch opponent of the XVII Amendment to the Constitution, which effectively eliminates the several States as a power vis-a-vis the Federal State*, I guess I've been a little tired or something not to notice, and to emphasize, this point.

*My point on the XVII Amendment is that the original US Constitutional order established a Congress consisting of the House of Representatives as the House of the People, and the House of the Senate as the House of the several States, with the XVII Amendment frustrating this intent and effect of the original Constitutional order order by effectively turning the House of the Senate into a redundant House of Representatives by establishing direct, popular election of US Senators, as opposed to the original system of the legislatures of the several States electing US Senators, complete with the right of recall should the people of a particular State object to the election of a US Senator to the extent that it should elect an opposition State legislature to power in order to undo such election, or, less drastically, that the people pummel the State legislature with pressure to the point that would compel reversal of its decision.

I am shocked by the fact that I forgot this critical point, and I am also shocked by the fact that, in this forum of Constitutionalists, noone else caught my error in this regard.

Hmmmm!
No. 6:  What do you want?

No. 2:  Information.  Information.  Information.

No. 6:  Well, you won't get it.

No. 2:  By hook or by crook, we will.

Offline William Rausch

« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2010, 05:42:41 am »
Sane (yeah, as if!):

Regarding your re-titling of this thread as: "Top Obama czar: All Americans who expose 9/11 lies must be exterminated", that's not exactly what this jerk Sunstein's report calls for.

I can't believe I'm actually having to defend the lies of a totalitarian Stalinist against the fantasies of one of our own people.

Get sane, Sane!

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2010, 06:24:49 am »
Alex and Paul Watson did a top notch job yesterday in exposing all the important aspects of this report. If anyone can find it on YouTube, please post it.
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline William Rausch

« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2010, 06:30:03 am »
Sane:

The Watson/Jones discussion would be on the podcast of yesterday's show.  I'll try to find it, but , if you could help me by telling me about where in the show the discussion takes place, it would save me a lot of time.

Offline William Rausch

« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2010, 06:45:39 am »
Sane:

I've found it, and I'm listening to it.

I'll be back later.

Offline William Rausch

« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2010, 08:42:33 am »
Sane:

I'm not yet finished with my response to your challenge, but I've heard enough of the Watson/Jones discussion to know that the following link seems to me to be a very appropriate song to describe the ultimate outcome of our little dispute, even if it's in a language you might not understand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0RCRJz6Xeo&feature=related

Offline agentbluescreen

« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2010, 09:20:23 am »
Sane (yeah, as if!):

Regarding your re-titling of this thread as: "Top Obama czar: All Americans who expose 9/11 lies must be exterminated", that's not exactly what this jerk Sunstein's report calls for.

I can't believe I'm actually having to defend the lies of a totalitarian Stalinist against the fantasies of one of our own people.

Get sane, Sane!

The effect is the same - discredit the dissidents group because you cannot and dare not attempt to discredit the truths they stand for. Counter-intelligence is about the "playback".

His diatribe can be described as anti-glasnost and anti-perestroika, exactly what the established imperial Marxist Corporate Religion did for generations in the Soviet Union dictatorship. The mistake the writer made is the same one Goebbels made - you never let the cat out of the bag by bragging about your own methods.  That is counter-counter intelligence!

Offline William Rausch

« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2010, 09:27:20 am »
Sane:

OK, now I've completed my response to your challenge.

On the Alex Jones show of January 14th, 2010, Mr. Paul Joseph Watson stated that the Sunstein document sought to accomplish the following objectives:

1) the banning of "conspiracy theorizing";

2) a tax upon those websites which engage in "conspiracy theorizing";

3) engagement by the US Federal Government in "counterspeech"; and

4) the engagement of the mass media in furthering US Government hoaxes, as he himself explicitly exemplifies via the US Government's cynical use of "Popular Mechanics" magazine to perpetrate the 9/11 hoax.

Alex Jones then referred to an article in The Guardian which called for Christopher, Lord Moncton, to be charged with treason and executed on grounds of "Climate Change Denial".  Notice that The Guardian is an organization not immediately related to the White House Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, and that that paper's statements are not, necessarily, Mr. Sunstein's statements.

Mr. Sunstein's overt statements calls for arrests of truth tellers, and not, necessarily, our executions.

And here's my best attempt at transcribing Mr. Paul Joseph Watson's final statement in the course of that interview:

"And that's what COINTELPRO was all about, it was about neutralizing people, so they felt powerless, and, eventually, you know, stirring up apathy so people would just disengage altogether, and that's, that's what he's talking about in this, um, dossier about infiltrating conspiracy groups and promoting counter-misinformation, as he describes it, so, he's, he's savaging people for putting out conspiracies aren't true, like, you know, sunlight being good for you, but, then he says that, it, when the Government does it it's fine, and they can ban our free speech to go along with it."

Please notice that Mr.Sunstein's ideas, even though they represent government racketeering of the most monstrous sort, are less violent than the original COINTELPRO of the late 1960's/early 1970's.  (I'm really beginning to feel that I'm the last man alive who remembers those days!)

Sane, he's just not saying what you say he's saying.

Offline jeremystalked1

« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2010, 09:54:06 am »
William Rausch,

Sunstein isn't directly advocating the COINTELPRO tactics you remember from the 60's and 70's, but he's providing ideological cover for policies the feds want to implement.  I've never seen any announcement (prior to the public unmasking of COINTELPRO) stating truthfully what kinds of tactics the FBI would use and who they'd use them on in that operation -- have you?

It is a mistake to go directly from Sunstein's document to "Obama wants to get rid of truth'ers"; however it's also a mistake to say such goals are not on the table, or are not being acted on right now.  I think you understand this, and I'm just clearing things up for latecomers.

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2010, 09:59:41 am »
Sane:

OK, now I've completed my response to your challenge.

On the Alex Jones show of January 14th, 2010, Mr. Paul Joseph Watson stated that the Sunstein document sought to accomplish the following objectives:

1) the banning of "conspiracy theorizing";

2) a tax upon those websites which engage in "conspiracy theorizing";

3) engagement by the US Federal Government in "counterspeech"; and

4) the engagement of the mass media in furthering US Government hoaxes, as he himself explicitly exemplifies via the US Government's cynical use of "Popular Mechanics" magazine to perpetrate the 9/11 hoax.

Alex Jones then referred to an article in The Guardian which called for Christopher, Lord Moncton, to be charged with treason and executed on grounds of "Climate Change Denial".  Notice that The Guardian is an organization not immediately related to the White House Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, and that that paper's statements are not, necessarily, Mr. Sunstein's statements.

Mr. Sunstein's overt statements calls for arrests of truth tellers, and not, necessarily, our executions.

And here's my best attempt at transcribing Mr. Paul Joseph Watson's final statement in the course of that interview:

"And that's what COINTELPRO was all about, it was about neutralizing people, so they felt powerless, and, eventually, you know, stirring up apathy so people would just disengage altogether, and that's, that's what he's talking about in this, um, dossier about infiltrating conspiracy groups and promoting counter-misinformation, as he describes it, so, he's, he's savaging people for putting out conspiracies aren't true, like, you know, sunlight being good for you, but, then he says that, it, when the Government does it it's fine, and they can ban our free speech to go along with it."

Please notice that Mr.Sunstein's ideas, even though they represent government racketeering of the most monstrous sort, are less violent than the original COINTELPRO of the late 1960's/early 1970's.  (I'm really beginning to feel that I'm the last man alive who remembers those days!)

Sane, he's just not saying what you say he's saying.

First off, I am an opinionated passionate asshole who mostly flies by the seat of my pants ;)

Secondly...

This is the demonization of a targeted group for enslavement/mind control/extermination.

This is how it is done.

THESE PEOPLE DO NOT PLAY GAMES AND THEY WILL BURN YOUR BABIES ALIVE AND SHOOT GRANDMA IN THE HEAD AT POINT BLANK RANGE.

OK CITY WAS COINTELPRO

MLK WAS ASSASSINATED BY COINTELPRO

JFK WAS ASSASSINATED BY COINTELPRO

RFK WAS ASSASSINATED BY COINTELPRO

MALOCOLM X WAS ASSASSINATED BY COINTELPRO

JUDI BARI WAS ASSASSINATED BY COINTELPRO

THE WEATHERMEN BOMBINGS AND ASSASSINATIONS WERE ALL COINTELPRO

THE BLACK PANTHER ASSASSINATIONS WERE COINTELPRO

THE 1993 WTC BOMBING WAS COINTELPRO

SPLC IS COINTELPRO

ADL IS COINTELPRO

HAL TURNER (TOP NAZI IN THE US) IS COINTELPRO

25% OF THE KKK WERE COINTELPRO OPERATIVES WHO WERE INSTRUMENTAL IN THE PLANNING, ENGINEERING, AND COVERING UP THE ASSASSINATIONS OF CIVIL RIGHTS LEADERS

THIS IS REAL, REAL, REAL SERIOUS SHIT AND IT MUST BE EXPOSED
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline William Rausch

« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2010, 10:17:41 am »
Sane:

In honor of the amount of time I had to spend refuting your last argument, I just want to celebrate my victory over you a bit, while not depriving you of dignity, in that, the following video of a recitation of an old poem about Attlila the Hun (here rendered in the Proto-North Germanic language, which language is especially important to me as I, a slightly fanatical scholar of the English language, consider the English language of the very ancient days in which the English people still lived on the continent of Europe (i.e., in Denmark and Northern Germany) to have been a bridge dialect between Proto-North Germanic and Proto-West Germanic) displays a differential approach to two different people:  I just want you to know that I consider you as representing Hagunan the Brave, as you're one of us, living a life of danger, whereas Mr. Sunstein very clearly represents Hellan the Cowardly, as he cowtows to the establishment.

It doesn't really matter, though, as I (here proudly assuming the character of Attila the Hun, as I also speak Finnish well), have clearly bested the both of you!

Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJPVSX9_FXU&feature=related

Cheers, mate!

Offline fireflyblue711

« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2010, 10:21:25 am »
Sunstein isn't directly advocating the COINTELPRO tactics you remember from the 60's and 70's, but he's providing ideological cover for policies the feds want to implement.  I've never seen any announcement (prior to the public unmasking of COINTELPRO) stating truthfully what kinds of tactics the FBI would use and who they'd use them on in that operation -- have you?

It is a mistake to go directly from Sunstein's document to "Obama wants to get rid of truth's"; however it's also a mistake to say such goals are not on the table, or are not being acted on right now.  I

From personal experience - it appears as of now - just one modern method of COINTELPRO is to operate and hide covert actions against political dissidents/journalists/whistleblowers under the "Homeland Security Act" - then bring in black ops contractors who can pass as whatever they want - fireman/ambulance drivers/doctors/dispatchers ( in my case a dispatcher at the New York Housing Authority who was given the 'freqency" over the scanners to maneuver yet another possible snatch and grab ). I caught exactly how they did it by accessing the archives to the scanners.

Also speaking of Black Ops - Contractors - don' forget BLackwaer XE comes from an automobile background.
Spartan motors / Tenneco / all provide ambulances and FireTrucks.

Might be a long shot - but for some 911 truthers out there zoom in on some of license plates of the Fire Trucks / first responders - I'd get more into that in this post - but not now

Another new technique and - there are two journalists on this site that produce a radio show from Texas - and they pointed out how Obama has now passed a law where Interpol has just as much right as our local police - yet even scarier no checks and balances.

For those living in suburban areas or any persons that might consider themselves "targets" you might see foreign men /woman who CAN NOT EVEN SPEAK ENGLISH ( and I'm not talking poor English - I'm talking NO English whatsoever) dressed in Police Uniforms/Traffic cops. They obviously have military training as well. Your average traffic cop - does not looked pumped up on steroids - and while he might be from another county he can still understand and speak basic English.

I had a numerous amount of American based security around my home - for months - LE officials whom were obviously told BS about me to harass.
I got smart and started to approach them with  print outs of my biog about the search for my grandfather's body and my court case in D.C.

They looked at the papers in shock - and never hung outside my apartment again.

A few days later afer listening to the show of the jounralists who broke the interpol news in Texas -  after Obama gave granted Interpol this immunity and freedom to do whatever the ef they want here - the police presence in front of my home were Bangladeshi ( I believe)  - men and woman - who could not speak a word of English. No joke!

The scary part about it is the hatered in their eyes . . .you can sense and feel that these interpol "cops" really have a hatered for Americans.

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2010, 10:27:28 am »
Sane:

In honor of the amount of time I had to spend refuting your last argument, I just want to celebrate my victory over you a bit, while not depriving you of dignity, in that, the following video of a recitation of an old poem about Attlila the Hun (here rendered in the Proto-North Germanic language, which language is especially important to me as I, a slightly fanatical scholar of the English language, consider the English language of the very ancient days in which the English people still lived on the continent of Europe (i.e., in Denmark and Northern Germany) to have been a bridge dialect between Proto-North Germanic and Proto-West Germanic) displays a differential approach to two different people:  I just want you to know that I consider you as representing Hagunan the Brave, as you're one of us, living a life of danger, whereas Mr. Sunstein very clearly represents Hellan the Cowardly, as he cowtows to the establishment.

It doesn't really matter, though, as I (here assuming the character of Attila the Hun), have clearly bested the both of you!

Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJPVSX9_FXU&feature=related

Cheers, mate!

Yes you win, you are right and I am wrong.

I wanted a lot of eyes on this issue and my passion for waking people up got the better of me.

What do you suggest a more appropriate title to be?

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2010, 10:29:58 am »
Securing the fascist "homeland"
Death technologies to prevent all revolt

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2009/02/gorgon-stare/

Air Force to Unleash ‘Gorgon Stare’ on Squirting Insurgents

* By Noah Shachtman Email Author
    * February 19, 2009  |
    * 10:48 am

The award for best — and creepiest — military name of the week? No contest, that’s "Gorgon Stare," the Air Force’s $150 million project to outfit its latest spy drones with super high-powered cameras.

By next year, 10 Reaper unmanned aircraft should have a Gorgon Stare sensor, which will film an area, two-and-a-half miles around, from 12 different angles.

"Gorgon Stare will allow a combat controller on the ground, a commander at headquarters and an intelligence officer back in the U.S.
all to choose a different angle from the same Reaper," according to Air Force Times‘ Michael Hoffman.

The Reaper – and its little drone brother, the Predator – already have video cameras, of course. Gorgon Stare won’t replace those sensors. Instead, it’s meant to supplement the full-motion video with a jumpier, but wider, view.  That’ll allow airmen to ’see the bigger picture’ and have a better idea where to point full-motion video sensors," Hoffman notes.

Reapers and MQ-1 Predators are often called on to track vehicles and hover over buildings to watch for "squirters," or insurgents running out of buildings during U.S. operations. Airmen controlling the sensors sometimes lose track of those vehicles or squirters if they drive or run out of view too fast.

Gorgon Stare will be invaluable in such instances, Bower said. Even if a vehicle drives out of the view of the full-motion video sensor, it will still be within Gorgon Stare’s range. Even if 12 squirters run in
    12 directions, Gorgon Stare could dedicate one angle to each one.

But as crazy as that is, Darpa is working on a project that could put
Gorgon Stare to shame. The "Argus" program, recently highlighted by
David Hambling, uses 92 cameras at once, compared to Gorgon Stare’s measly dozen. But as cool as Argus might turn out to be, it’ll need a revamped name, before it can really compete with Gorgon Stare.

Special Forces’ Gigapixel Flying Spy Sees All

* By David Hambling Email Author
    * February 12, 2009  |
    * 5:47 am

You may think your new ten-megapixel camera is pretty hot –- but not when you compare it to the 1.8 Gigapixel beast built for the Pentagon. The camera is designed as a payload for the A-160T Hummingbird robot helicopter now being quietly delivered to Special Forces. It will give them an unprecedented ability to track everything on the ground in real time. The camera is scheduled for flight testing at the start of next year.

Developed under the auspices of Darpa, the camera is the sensor part of Autonomous Real-time Ground Ubiquitous Surveillance - Imaging System or ARGUS-IS. The camera is composed of four arrays, each containing 92 five-megapixel imagers. The other parts of ARGUS are the airborne processing system, which has to deal with a phenomenal torrent of data, and the ground-based element. The airborne part fits into a 500-pound pod.

The Hummingbird is unique in its ability to hover at high altitude (over 15,000 feet) and its endurance of over 20 hours. This means it can park high in the sky and scan a wide area. Robo-chopper camera-maker BAE Systems says that its imager will be able to cover an area of over a hundred square miles. The refresh rate is fifteen frames per second and a "ground sample distance" of 15 centimeters –- this means that each pixel represents six inches on the ground. (The Darpa diagram, above, suggests a smaller area of coverage, 40 square kilometers or 15 square miles, at that resolution.)

The volume of data is too great to be completely transmitted, but users will be able to define at least sixty-five independent video windows within the image and zoom in or out at will. The windows can be set to automatically track items of interest such as moving vehicles.
In fact, the resolution is good enough for it to offer "dismount tracking" or following individual people on foot.

In addition to the windows, ARGUS will provide "a real-time moving target indicator for vehicles throughout the entire field of view in real-time." Basically, nothing can move in the entire area without being spotted. Unlike radar, ARGUS can zoom in and provide a high-resolution image.

The camera is pretty impressive, but it’s the processing and the software behind it that will make this such a capable system. It would take a human a very long time to scan the whole area under surveillance if they were looking for something – but this is exactly the type of task which the swarming software we looked at last week excels at. Luckily enough, that just happens to be a Darpa program too. The technique of looking at small windows of interest also means that it may be possible to speed the frame rate up considerably – we previously looked at a windowing system so fast it could follow speeding bullets.

The ARGUS-IS mounted on the Hummingbird could be a significant battlefield asset for getting a real-time picture of what’s on the other side of the hill. And no doubt there will be civilian agencies who think it might be quite a useful capability for them to have too.

Mythological Footnote: Someone in Darpa may be a fan of the classics – Argus or Argos Panoptes was a giant, unsleeping watchman with a hundred eyes all over his body.
Unfortunately he was killed by Hermes; according to the myth, his eyes were placed on the tail of the peacock.

[Image: DARPA]

Software Swarm to Spot Rockets Before They’re Fired

* By David Hambling Email Author
    * February 4, 2009  |
    * 12:24 pm

There are plenty of systems out there to identify the direction of a shooter after he has opened fire. But it might be too late by then. That’s why Darpa is developing a system to spot a rocket propelled grenade before it’s fired. It’s a major challenge, but the solution may lie with a swarm of software agents.

The Rocket Propelled Grenade Pre-launch Detection and Cueing Program aims to deliver "an omni directional, visual, and vehicle-mounted surveillance system for threat detection using cognitive swarm-recognition technology to rapidly detect and identify the locations of attackers with RPGs before they are launched." Fitting a set of video cameras giving 360-degree coverage is easy enough, but the hard part is the software.

Machines are notoriously bad at identifying things. Recognizing a chair or an apple is one of those everyday skills that humans take for granted, but it is incredibly difficult to replicate. (Darpa’s Grand Challenge driverless car contests were, in many ways, just fancy ways of getting machines to see the world more clearly.) Objects do not come in standard shapes and sizes, and they may be partly concealed or at an unusual angle. So Darpa is simplifying the approach by just looking for one fairly standard object, an RPG launcher. This is a cheap, widely available weapon used by insurgents everywhere in Afghanistan, Iraq and many other places. There are of course many versions, but the Russian RPG-7 and its many clones are the most common, and the ones to look for.

Even looking for one specific object takes a vast amount of processing power, however. The normal technique is to have an analysis window scanning across the image, looking for a match. This is not fast enough –- it’s no use having a system telling you that it spotted an RPG 30 seconds ago. Even if you have a large number of search windows scanning at the same time, they’re too slow.

The search can be sped up using a technique called Particle Swarm Optimization.
First developed in 1995, it’s based on the flocking behavior of birds and insects. Instead of having the search windows scanning in fixed paths or at random, they react to each other and work together like swarming insects.

Imagine the search is being carried out by a large number of software agents -– like the hordes of Agent Smiths in the Matrix series — who all start out looking in different directions and reporting what they see:

Smith #1 : Just empty road here
Smith #2 : There’s some trees … might be something, I need to look more
Smith #3 : Nothing here at all
Smith#4:  Just a bare field here…

As they know that there is a more promising area to search, Smiths #1, #3 and #4 now start scanning the same general area as Smith #2. By exchanging information rather than continuing to search in less promising areas, the Smiths can focus their efforts where they are most likely to be fruitful and complete the search more quickly. If there’s nothing to find, they will continue scanning the entire area including the less likely areas. But if there is something there, they’re likely to find it much more quickly.

HRL Laboratories, a company that works with Darpa in the field of distributed computing, has shown that in a sample application of spotting a pedestrian in a picture, the swarm recognition technique finds the pedestrian 70 times faster.

The other advantage of the swarm approach is in reducing false alarms. Because most of the system’s attention is rapidly focused on objects of potential interest, there is much less chance of a false positive getting through.

"This combination of accuracy and speed is superior to any published results known to us," HRL notes in an article about the technique.

Darpa’s RPG-spotter is intended to have an accuracy of 95 percent and be able to cope with up to five simultaneous threats, with a minimum of false alarms. The project has a budget of $3 million for this fiscal year, which will be spent on developing and maturing the detection and classification algorithms.

If it works, it could be a real life saver, keeping a 24/7 lookout for threats in all directions. And spotting RPGs may only be the start.

If the software pans out, later versions can look for other types of threat as well -– both hardware and human. As the algorithms improve and processors get faster, picking out a known terrorist face from a crowd in an instant might become a real possibility.

[Photo: Warner Bros.]

Offline William Rausch

« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2010, 10:35:50 am »
Insane:

"First off, I am an opinionated passionate asshole who mostly flies by the seat of my pants "

Well, then, you might want to pick up a book every so often.

Everything that you say is true, I'm sure, but nothing you've cited as evidence can prove it.

I'M A LAWYER, AND I NEED REAL PROOF SO THAT THE JUDGE DOESN'T HAVE ME FOR A LIGHT SNACK, DAMMIT!!!!

Waaaahhhgh!

Offline William Rausch

« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2010, 10:42:26 am »
Sane:

I apologize for having written my last post before I read your last post.

What might a more appropriate title for this thread be?

How about: "Obama Administration Declares Need to Impose Official (and Demonstrably False) Ideology Upon American People!"

P.S.: How did you like the video in Proto-North Germanic?

;D

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2010, 10:51:54 am »
Sane:

I apologize for having written my last post before I read your last post.

What might a more appropriate title for this thread be?

How about: "Obama Administration Declares Need to Impose Official (and Demonstrably False) Ideology Upon American People!"

P.S.: How did you like the video in Proto-North Germanic?

;D

Dude, your prospective headline is so waterered down it does not even attempt to rationally summarize the clear and present threat to liberty that the 29 page Mein Kampf thesis by Cass exposes.

kushfiend

« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2010, 10:54:20 am »
I suggest Obama Czar updates Mein Kampf for the coming Fall of The Republic!

Offline jofortruth

« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2010, 10:56:01 am »
Bio for this goon:
http://www.law.harvard.edu/faculty/directory/index.html?id=552

I would think twice before sending my kid to Harvard. Too many losers come out of that university. This guy is the epitomy of a loser!

::)
Don't believe me. Look it up yourself!

Offline William Rausch

« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2010, 10:59:25 am »
Sane:

I think that most Americans would understand that the US Government's imposition of its own (demonstrably false) opinion upon American public discourse should be sufficient to state our movement's case.

worcesteradam

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2010, 11:18:17 am »
I suggest Obama Czar updates Mein Kampf for the coming Fall of The Republic!

YAHTZEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
How is that?

kushfiend

hahaha brilliant, once again!

I spilled soda all over my keyboard when I saw that!

massive LmAO!

Xill

Mein Kampf can go to hell.
His words are worthless, it's venom towards everything we believe in.

Brave men who lived on this planet have energized values such as liberty and honor; long before those NWO whores came to tell us what is right or wrong.

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
    • JACKSON HOLLY'S OLD HOME PLACE

AJ is blasting this SUNSTEIN a-hole right now ... here's a PDF of
quotes from his work ... to show AJ is talking TRUTH!

stopsunstein.com/media/pdf/Sunstein%20quote%20file.pdf

St. Augustine: -The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it.
Let it loose; it will defend itself.-

Offline molarediere

• New World Ordure
Sunstein meets Sun Tzu coming to your Theatre

Xill

Mein Kampf can go to hell.
His words are worthless, it's venom towards everything we believe in.

Brave men who lived on this planet have energized values such as liberty and honor; long before those NWO whores came to tell us what is right or wrong.

I meant Sunstein...

Offline fireflyblue711

AJ is blasting this SUNSTEIN a-hole right now ... here's a PDF of
quotes from his work ... to show AJ is talking TRUTH!

stopsunstein.com/media/pdf/Sunstein%20quote%20file.pdf

Listening to him now - :) excellent