Author Topic: Student Detained For Taking Pictures of a train in San Jose  (Read 3161 times)

Offline jackvane007

• Come & Take It Entertainment
Student Detained For Taking Pictures of a train in San Jose
« on: December 12, 2009, 05:36:54 pm »
Yesterday, a student of UCSJ in San Jose, California was detained by police for taking pictures of an old train station there.  Please read the whole story on his blog at http://andrewcichowski.com/imagine/?p=68

This happened to me too:  http://comeandtakeittv.wordpress.com/2009/09/07/you-cant-shot-pictures-on-the-train-i-thnk/

I’m sorry this happened, but I’m glad he made a record of it here. You’ll notice they couldn’t charge him with anything, because he didn’t break any law. Therefore, it is entirely legal to photograph anything you want. It’s your First Amendment Right, and although the locals have be mandated to harass people for exercising this Constitutional right — it’s still your right…for now anyway. If we stop exercising this right, they will most certainly take it away. My recommendation, complain. Make noise. Write your state and federal congressman, the governor and the local Sheriff, not the chief of police, but the county sheriff. Let them know of this outrage, and most importantly, continue to take pictures, and this is a mandate for all those who call themselves free. Prove it, take pictures in public of trains, buildings, cops, people, everything. If you are detained, so be it. Because the next step is to outlaw cameras and public photography altogether. Can you imagine being charged with a Federal crime for having a camera? It’s the next logical conclusion. However, the Federal government does not have enough jail space at the present time to arrest us all. So if everyone with a camera, steps out of their houses and starts snapping pictures, it will put an end to this tyranny for good.

Call the police and ask the question. Ask if photography of trains is prohibited, and then ask how you would be charged. What law is it that says you cannot take photography? They will not have an answer because there is no law in any state prohibiting photography of a train. These cops have been given a Federal mandate by Homeland Security to ... See Moreinvestigate, report and possibly detain anyone taking pictures of trains, public works station, airport, etc. They know that if such a law was to be written that there would be public outrage, so they side step the law and violate your Constitutional rights in order to control the population. This is an international phenomenon happening in Brittain, Western Europe and North America. Call the police, get involved, or they will take this to the next level...
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
-MLK

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
Re: Student Detained For Taking Pictures of a train in San Jose
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 05:49:44 pm »
greg palast had a warrant for his arrest for filming in front of a new orleans concentration camp:

Alex Jones - Greg Palast Charged Criminally for filming FEMA
10 min - Sep 14, 2006 -
www.youtube.com/watch?v=7woOAjUm8vQ
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline vcif

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 06:06:25 pm »
Wow, that is unreal.

Unfortunately, andrew doesn't seem to have any clue about his rights.

Nowhere to be foundin his description:
"Am I under arrest?"
"Am I being detained"
"Am I free to go?"
"What exactly is your reasonable suspicion or probable cause?"
"I do not consent to any searches."
"I am exercising my right to remain silent."
"What law requires me to provide identification to you?"

What can be found/Slave Talk Translation
They agreed there was nothing illegal about my activity, but said they needed to make a “full report of the incident.” Yet I  did not walk away.

they proceeded to collect my IDs and vehicle information (I was parked in another lot entirely). ie I then fully consented to this warrantless and suspicionless search

we had all gotten chummy I stupidly thought they were my friends

they copied the entire contents of my CF card to their police laptop and two flash drives again, I fully consented to another siezure like a good slave

I told them they could have a copy of the photos as long as they didn’t sell any of them. see above

I guess they were doing their jobs I have Helsinki Syndrome. They are my masters and will comply.

the dumbest waste of my tax money I can't tell the difference between tyranny and "dumbness".

Hopefully nothing even more stupid will come out of this. I am too stupid to realize that all evidence, regardless of what it actually means, will be used against me.

Offline jackvane007

• Come & Take It Entertainment
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 06:13:17 pm »
To his defense, this is the first time he'd ever encountered anything like this, therefore he was ill equipped to deal with it.  He was alone, and there were 4 cops, I'm sure he was terrified.  However, in the interest of turning this into a positive, so it never happens this way again for him, you might post your remarks on his blog...
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
-MLK

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 08:56:02 pm »
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Piltdown Man

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 09:14:01 pm »
PRINT THIS OUT ON A CARD. CARRY SEVERAL WITH YOU
In an emergency, if you are being intimidated or detained by police, if you are nervous or scared, just take this card out, and read your lines!

The card can be given to the police officer after being read out.  

"Officer, if I am under arrest or being detained, please tell me so.
If I am free to go, please tell me so. If I am not free to go, please tell me why.
I wish to exercise all my legal rights including my right to silence and my right to speak to a lawyer before I say anything to you.
I do not consent to be searched. I wish to be released without delay.
Please do not ask me questions, because I will not willingly talk to you until I speak to a lawyer.
Thank you for respecting my rights."

PS: If you are stopped in your car, you are required by law to show your driver's license, registration and proof of insurance.
what worries me about the mandatory health care, is that is a pre-requisite to having PAPERS on you at all times  Mandatory insurance means: if you are alive and breathing, you must OWE/PAY the system, and (according to the Dictatorship States of Amerika) no citizen will have the right to walk free, live and breathe without papers again.