Author Topic: Whistleblower: Bank of America insider exposes unethical banking practices  (Read 11901 times)

Offline john151

Just goes to show that no matter the age, gender, race, or income bracket...Americans are choosing sides.  Truth v/s Lies.  Good v/s Evil.  Right v/s Wrong.  Americanism v/s Corporatism.  Freedom v/s Slavery.  Knowledge v/s Ignorance. 

http://dimewars.com/Video/Fired-From-Her-Banking-Job-For-NOT-CHARGING-LATE-FEES-TO-POOR-PEOPLE.aspx?bcmediaid=440025d1-ca6d-4c5f-8e32-d9aef807fe63

Offline Demosthenes

• Demosthenes
BOA has so many shady practices as with most banks. One of my favorite is changing the order of how things are presented so that they can get the most amount of overdraft charges. For instance say you have $100 in your account and the following three things present in this order on the same day

$4.85 Debit
$4.95 Debit
$19.95 Debit
$105.00 Check

They will then change the order to be

$105.00
$19.95
$4.95
$4.85

That way you blow your account over balance on the larger item and boom BOA gets four overdraft charges instead of one overdraft charge. While I know you should not spend mor then you have we all know it happens at times.
Demosthenes

Offline john151

You know what?  You're absolutely right.  But its not just BOA.  Wachovia is participating in these shady practices.  BB&T is doing the same thing.  I'm more likely to believe that most banks practice this technique.  But like I said, its good that people are rediscovering ethics, morals, dignity, a sense of right v/s wrong, America!...ect.

I love it!

Offline Demosthenes

• Demosthenes
Yep It took me a long time to find a bank that didn't do that practice. It is a little tiny local bank with about 5 branches here were we live. They only charge 11 for an overdraft and they present things in the order that saves you money if you have a financial snafu. Needless to say as long as they stay that way I am a bank customer for life. I dont' need anything the big corporate banks have.
Demosthenes

Offline john151

Nice!  That gives me some hope with these bottom feeder type banks.  Good to see that not everyone wants to undermine the people.

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
THIS STORY IS COMPLETELY DISAPPEARING FROM SEARCHES.

ONLY 2 BLOGS ARE REPORTING IT.

PLEASE POST ALL INFO ON THIS
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline NotASlave

BOA has so many shady practices as with most banks. One of my favorite is changing the order of how things are presented so that they can get the most amount of overdraft charges. For instance say you have $100 in your account and the following three things present in this order on the same day

$4.85 Debit
$4.95 Debit
$19.95 Debit
$105.00 Check

They will then change the order to be

$105.00
$19.95
$4.95
$4.85

That way you blow your account over balance on the larger item and boom BOA gets four overdraft charges instead of one overdraft charge. While I know you should not spend mor then you have we all know it happens at times.

Not just BOA - All the bastards to this.  I've witnessed this FOR YEARS.
As a software developer - I tell you its a "no brainer" to code this action in... then everyone can stand around and deny everything.  They are all CLUELESS as to what happened.
Bounce the first one - FAST - PUT THEM IN THE RED ...

Then the small ones kick in an MAGNIFY HUGE! 

Yup - gone round and round on this one.  Very FEW people understand this JUGGLING act on your account receipts.

** << Wish I idn't have to bank **
The Social Workers Mantra: "All Mothers neglect, All Fathers rape babies and Children never lie, unless they recant"