Author Topic: More Global Warming BS: 2009 to be one of warmest years on record:  (Read 3063 times)

Offline GlobalCordon

2009 to be one of warmest years on record:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22/20081230/twl-environment-us-climate2009-1202b49.html

Next year is set to be one of the top-five warmest on record, British climate scientists said on Tuesday.

The average global temperature for 2009 is expected to be more than 0.4 degrees celsius above the long-term average, despite the continued cooling of huge areas of the Pacific Ocean, a phenomenon known as La Nina.

That would make it the warmest year since 2005, according to researchers at the Met Office, who say there is also a growing probability of record temperatures after next year.

Currently the warmest year on record is 1998, which saw average temperatures of 14.52 degrees celsius - well above the 1961-1990 long-term average of 14 degrees celsius.

Warm weather that year was strongly influenced by El Nino, an abnormal warming of surface ocean waters in the eastern tropical Pacific.

Theories abound as to what triggers the mechanisms that cause an El Nino or La Nina event but scientists agree that they are playing an increasingly important role in global weather patterns.

The strength of the prevailing trade winds that blow from east to west across the equatorial Pacific is thought to be an important factor.

"Further warming to record levels is likely once a moderate El Nino develops," said Professor Chris Folland at the Met Office Hadley Center. "Phenomena such as El Nino and La Nina have a significant influence on global surface temperature."

Professor Phil Jones, director of the climate research unit at the University of East Anglia, said global warming had not gone away despite the fact that 2009, like the year just gone, would not break records.

"What matters is the underlying rate of warming," he said.

He noted the average temperature over 2001-2007 was 14.44 degrees celsius, 0.21 degrees celsius warmer than corresponding values for 1991-2000.

(Reporting by Christina Fincher; Editing by Christian Wiessner)

Offline heavyhebrew

• Laughter is the best medicine.
Re: More Global Warming BS: 2009 to be one of warmest years on record:
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 03:21:40 pm »
Must be nice, being able to predict the future, especially with weather. Consider the fact that weather can not be accurately predicted past 72 hours because of the multiplicity of factors is astronomical. But nothing must stand in the way of the global warming agenda.

And I love the implication that naturally occurring climate such as El Nino and La Nina are now part of the cause of global warming.
We work jobs we hate to pay for stuff we don't need to impress people we don't like. Am I the crazy one here?

Offline GlobalCordon

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 03:23:25 pm »
Must be nice, being able to predict the future, especially with weather. Consider the fact that weather can not be accurately predicted past 72 hours because of the multiplicity of factors is astronomical. But nothing must stand in the way of the global warming agenda.

And I love the implication that naturally occurring climate such as El Nino and La Nina are now part of the cause of global warming.

For sure.... I think they realy need a reality check. They must think we are all dumb sheep..... Oh wait!

Offline crutley

• I Wanna Know Where The Gold's At!
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 03:32:26 pm »
Oh just saw this myself & was about to post it too.

Is it just me, or does this look like the last desperate breath by people who have stated their whole existence on global warming being real. I hope everyone takes a mental note of this, so when 2009 is over and the sun is still continuing to cool and still has a lack of sun spots, they can remember this as the dieing breath of fear mongering from a dead and dieing cause which has now been fully exposed as the monopolist / globalist / NWO taxing and control mechanism that it was.
Why wait for progress?

Offline Scootle

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 03:35:03 pm »
lol its freezin here in south west england ... my mum came home today and she was like "so much for global warming"
The truth will set you free
From global tyranny
Wake up American slobs
9/11 was an inside job
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OntBg2qwk_M&fmt=35

Century of Manipulation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mujq-C1UAw0

... Here's Tom with the weather!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CCIcjIngLA

Offline GlobalCordon

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 03:36:21 pm »
Oh just saw this myself & was about to post it too.

Is it just me, or does this look like the last desperate breath by people who have stated their whole existence on global warming being real. I hope everyone takes a mental note of this, so when 2009 is over and the sun is still continuing to cool and still has a lack of sun spots, they can remember this as the dieing breath of fear mongering from a dead and dieing cause which has now been fully exposed as the monopolist / globalist / NWO taxing and control mechanism that it was.

Probaly panicking because the world is waking up to their BS.

Offline GlobalCordon

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 03:36:55 pm »
lol its freezin here in south west england ... my mum came home today and she was like "so much for global warming"

Im up North and my toes are gonna drop off.... So so cold!

Offline crutley

• I Wanna Know Where The Gold's At!
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 03:44:00 pm »
I'm up North and my toes are gonna drop off.... So so cold!

Look North said -4 tonight across the north of England and the Scottish boarders.

Gee - if we had some Global Warming I could save some money on my heating bill!

Oh well, one can dream.

:(
Why wait for progress?

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 06:15:01 pm »
http://www.dailytech.com/Temperature+Monitors+Report+Widescale+Global+Cooling/article10866.htm
February 26, 2008 12:55 PM
Twelve-month long drop in world temperatures wipes out a century of warming
Over the past year, anecdotal evidence for a cooling planet has exploded. China has its coldest winter in 100 years. Baghdad sees its first snow in all recorded history. North America has the most snowcover in 50 years, with places like Wisconsin the highest since record-keeping began. Record levels of Antarctic sea ice, record cold in Minnesota, Texas, Florida, Mexico, Australia, Iran, Greece, South Africa, Greenland, Argentina, Chile -- the list goes on and on.
No more than anecdotal evidence, to be sure. But now, that evidence has been supplanted by hard scientific fact. All four major global temperature tracking outlets (Hadley, NASA's GISS, UAH, RSS) have released updated data. All show that over the past year, global temperatures have dropped precipitously.

A compiled list of all the sources can be seen here.  The total amount of cooling ranges from 0.65C up to 0.75C -- a value large enough to wipe out most of the warming recorded over the past 100 years. All in one year's time. For all four sources, it's the single fastest temperature change ever recorded, either up or down.

Scientists quoted in a past DailyTech article link the cooling to reduced solar activity which they claim is a much larger driver of climate change than man-made greenhouse gases. The dramatic cooling seen in just 12 months time seems to bear that out. While the data doesn't itself disprove that carbon dioxide is acting to warm the planet, it does demonstrate clearly that more powerful factors are now cooling it.

Let's hope those factors stop fast. Cold is more damaging than heat. The mean temperature of the planet is about 54 degrees. Humans -- and most of the crops and animals we depend on -- prefer a temperature closer to 70.

Historically, the warm periods such as the Medieval Climate Optimum were beneficial for civilization. Corresponding cooling events such as the Little Ice Age, though, were uniformly bad news.

http://www.usatoday.com/weather/news/2008-09-09-farmers-almanac_N.htm
Posted 9/9/2008 4:56 PM
Old Farmers Almanac: Global cooling may be underway

By David Tirrell-Wysocki, Associated Press Writer
DUBLIN, N.H. — The Old Farmer's Almanac is going further out on a limb than usual this year, not only forecasting a cooler winter, but looking ahead decades to suggest we are in for global cooling, not warming.
Based on the same time-honored, complex calculations it uses to predict weather, the Almanac hits the newsstands on Tuesday saying a study of solar activity and corresponding records on ocean temperatures and climate point to a cooler, not warmer, climate, for perhaps the next half century.

"We at the Almanac are among those who believe that sunspot cycles and their effects on oceans correlate with climate changes," writes meteorologist and climatologist Joseph D'Aleo. "Studying these and other factor suggests that cold, not warm, climate may be our future."

It remains to be seen, said Editor-in-Chief Jud Hale, whether the human impact on global temperatures will cancel out or override any cooling trend.

"We say that if human beings were not contributing to global warming, it would become real cold in the next 50 years," Hale said.

For the near future, the Almanac predicts most of the country will be colder than normal in the coming winter, with heavy snow from the Ozarks into southern New England. Snow also is forecast for northern Texas, with a warmer than usual winter in the northern Plains.

Almanac believers will prepare for a hot summer in much of the nation's midsection, continuing drought conditions there and wild fire conditions in parts of California, with a cooler-than-normal season elsewhere. They'll also keep the car packed for the 2009 hurricane season, as the Alamanac predicts an active one, especially in Florida.

But Editor Janice Stillman said it's the winter foreasts that attract the most attention, especially this year, with much higher heating prices.

So, in line with the weather and economy forecasts, the Almanac includes information on using wood for heat: the best wood, how to build a fire in a fireplace, whether to use a wood stove and how to stay warm — all winter — with a single log.

Here's the secret, popularized in 1777: Throw a log out an upstairs window, dash down the stairs and outside, retrieve the log, dash upstairs, throw the log out the window and so on.

"Do that until you work up a sweat and you'll be warm all winter," said Stillman.

Last year, the Almanac correctly predicted "above-normal" snowfall in the Northeast — an understatement — and below-normal snowfall in the mid-Atlantic states.

New Hampshire, home of the Almanac, saw the most snow in 134 years and missed an all-time record by 2.6 inches.

Established in 1792, the Old Farmer's Almanac is North America's oldest continuously published periodical. The little yellow magazine still comes with the hole in the corner so it can hang in outhouses.

Boasting 18.5 million readers, this year's edition contains traditional tips on gardening and astronomical information and tide charts so accurate the government considered banning them during World War II, fearing they would help German spies.

The Old Farmer's Almanac is not to be confused with the Maine-based Farmer's Almanac, published "only" since 1818.

The 217th edition also predicts social trends such as sofas that measure body temperature, shopping carts that sound an alarm when filled with too much junk food and closet shelves and hangers that talk to give advice on matching shirts and ties.

"I would really hate that," Hale said. "What do you mean these don't match? Of course they match! You kidding me? Pink goes perfectly well with yellow," he joked.

Upholding its tradition of being "new, useful and entertaining," the Almanac offers tips on how to keep gardens alive, even in snow, and how to keep people alive, even for 100 years. (Some examples: Take it easy, use your brain, laugh and flirt!)

As printed publications fold around the country because of falling readership, Stillman says the Almanac is keeping pace with the 21st Century with a website that offers the printed version and supplements that can be personalized based on a reader's ZIP code.

Hale said the magazine with the familiar features remains popular in a digital age because, well, it's an almanac, and readers have said they like it being predictable.

"'Oh good,' they say, 'Not everything is disappearing."'

This year, after 154 pages of words of wisdom from scientists and other experts, the 2009 edition closes with words from children — letters to God from first- and second-graders.

One, signed Joyce, shows little kids know not to be ungrateful, even when faced with a big disappointment.

"Dear God," she wrote. "Thank you for the baby brother, but what I prayed for was a puppy."

Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole ; He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. - Job 5

Offline Mr.Me

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2009, 09:27:12 am »
It was minus ten (celcius) last night and I was running with my friend back home it was so cold. I didn't have gloves nor hats nor scarfs so when I got back home my ears were burning.

Then I read it was minus 50 in Alaska. Damn. I'm glad I don't live in freezerland.

Offline donnay

• Live Free Or Die Trying!
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2009, 09:35:17 am »
In New England today it is 15 degrees with a wind chill factor of -9.  So, I suppose if we followed Al Gore's rhetoric it would really be below zero in actual temperature today, right?   ::)
Please visit my website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

Offline headwest

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2009, 10:08:48 am »
Good, we need global warming.  Global cooling is what would devistate agriculture and cause massive starvation.  We should actually get tax refunds to pump more CO2 into the air because it is plant food.  A hard freeze in late June in the ag regions of the US would result in zero crop production.  Imagine how much a loaf of bread would cost then. 

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2009, 06:29:32 pm »

And next week another scientist will claim 2009 will be one of the coolest years on record.
I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.

Offline Revolt426

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2009, 06:42:09 pm »
British climate scientists

^ Direct Indication of Propaganda. The British are pushing the Global Warming crap alot more then the U.S. , And Soros owns that huge carbon taxing company along with his lucritive Quantum Hedge Funds that hasn't lost a nickle during the whole Financial Meltdown.
"Liquidate labor, liquidate stocks, liquidate the farmers, liquidate real estate … It will purge the rottenness out of the system..." - Andrew Mellon, Secretary of Treasury, 1929.