Author Topic: Media reporting of Man with weapons cache is serious Psyops!  (Read 32191 times)

Offline donnay

• Live Free Or Die Trying!
Re: Police: Man with weapons cache was preparing for 'Armageddon'
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2010, 05:18:54 pm »
His wife is a psychiatrists and was afraid to go home.  ::)

Everything he did was legal!  They do not have anything really.  They are going to build this case against him because of his freaking shrink wife!  What a shame!!!
Please visit my website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

Offline tracer7

« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2010, 05:19:05 pm »
they will never outlaw the fist of chuck norris ;D seriously though, I can't find any law against owning a baton. hopefully charges get dropped.
One of my favorite philosophical tenets is that people will agree with you only if they already agree with you. You do not change people's minds. Frank Zappa

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2010, 05:21:25 pm »

I SAY NOT GUILTY.  These cops are way out of line.
I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.

Offline donnay

« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2010, 05:29:54 pm »
If we can just merge these threads together to keep all the information in one thread, it would be greatly appreciated!

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=159386.0;topicseen

Offline getch36

« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2010, 08:05:53 pm »
I lived in the next town over from this poor guy.Let my tell you the cops are complete Nazi's-way worse than average.I feel bad for him.He must have some money though,it's a very rich town.The bluebloods must be shitting their pants.......
Ron Paul is my hero.

Offline BLACKLAMB

« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2010, 01:28:10 am »
"illegal possession of four police batons?"

It's against the law to have a STICK now?

cops dont want to get hit with the sticks they hit us with.   that just wouldnt be fair. 
Post counts aren't dollars...  think about it.

Offline josah

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2010, 01:40:24 am »
I can't believe he made a shooting range up stairs, that is just ASKING for trouble.
One wall wont stop sounds that loud.

Offline sternzy

« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2010, 02:03:31 am »
I can't believe he made a shooting range up stairs, that is just ASKING for trouble.
One wall wont stop sounds that loud.

That is why you need to be skeptical of any charges you ever read about in the news or on a police report. The guy probably had a few targets leaning against a wall in his attic and they translated that into a "shooting range". Typical ma. police work.

Don't make the mistake of assuming he had a target range in his apartment just because the police say there was one. The police live to lie and distort the truth in this state. Anything for a conviction.

Offline Info_Trafficker

« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2010, 02:48:47 am »
Some critical thinking. Refreshing.
"Condemnation without investigation is the highest form of ignorance."-Albert Einstein.

Offline Nailer

« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2010, 04:34:49 am »
found out what the  " infernal devices "  were.. home made hand grenades.

Manchester man held on explosives charges talked of 'Armageddon'
By Jonathan Phelps
Staff Writer

MANCHESTER — A Manchester man who told police he was preparing for "Armageddon" has been hit with a series of weapons charges for having explosive hand grenade "devices" and a stockpile of other weapons and ammunition in his Bridge Street condominium — and police found an illegal indoor shooting range in the attic.

Gregory Girard, 45, was arrested at 11:22 last night after the Police Department received a report from the federal Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms Bureau in Boston that Girard had explosive hand-grenade devices along with a cache of others.

Girard was charged with four counts of possession of grenade type explosive devices and four counts of possession of a dangerous weapons. He had two police fixed batons and two police expandable batons.

Also found in the home were approximately 20 weapons and thousands of rounds of ammunition for which Girard was licensed, according to police. Police also discovered the indoor illegal shooting range in the attic.

He was held at the Manchester Police Department overnight and was transported to Salem District Court this morning for arraignment.

"Mr. Girard indicated he was preparing for "Armageddon" which he felt was imminent," Police Chief Glenn McKiel said in a prepared statement. Girard also felt that Martial Law "would soon be imposed," McKiel said.

Girard's license to carry firearms was revoked and all of the weapons and ammunition were seized by police.

The Manchester Police were assisted by the Cape Ann Regional Response Tactical Unit, The Massachusetts State Police Tactical Unit, Explosive Devices Team, Crisis Negotiation Team, K-9 unit, and agents of the ATF Boston Field Office.

Girard reportedly had no criminal record, and was not known to police, McKiel's statement indicated.

We will update this story here at gloucestertimes.com as more information becomes available. For full coverage, look to tomorrow's print and online editions of the Gloucester Daily Times and gloucesterttimes.com.

Jonathan Phelps can be reached at 978-283-7000, 3447, or via e-mail at [email protected].

http://www.gloucestertimes.com/punews/local_story_041145041.html
I am a realist that is slightly conservative yet I have some republican demeanor that can turn democrat when I feel the urge to flip independant.

The truth shall set you free, if not a 45ACP round will do the trick.. HEHE

Offline Nailer

« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2010, 04:41:24 am »
Then again  I found this also.  way too many conflicting reports.

Gregory D. Girard, 45, was arrested Tuesday night for allegedly storing several tear gas grenades and explosive pepper ball projectiles. He was also charged with the illegal possession of four police batons.

I can go down the street  to a police supply store and buy  police batons, shirts and body armor  that say police on them  and also buy handcuffs  so how is it illegal.
I am a realist that is slightly conservative yet I have some republican demeanor that can turn democrat when I feel the urge to flip independant.

Offline Nailer

« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2010, 04:45:45 am »
thought of doing an experiment. i would like to go to one of our big chain stores and load my shopping cart up with: whiskey,shotgun shells,duct tape,a meat saw,ky jelly,chain,padlocks, etc. all very legal and everyday items. but could you be arrested for purchasing the wrong group of items? in the very least you could be "tagged" for surveillance

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2010, 06:37:03 am »
Well, he should have acquired a pallet of C4 - then he'd get a slap on the wrist and they'd let him go home.
C4 is ok. Sticks are NOT.

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=142646.msg862730#msg862730

And  the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, 
Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren,  ye have done it unto me.

Matthew 25:40

Offline xopatriot

« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2010, 08:02:06 pm »
Let this serve as a lesson, if you have multiple legal firearms keep one on hand for personal home defense and store the rest off site. If these goons come for your firearms you can minimize the loss. Better to lose one than the entire collection. Even if found innocent I am sure the weapons will never be found.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil;  my cup overflows.

Offline sternzy

« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2010, 08:58:33 pm »
hmmmmm....come to think of it....I have a friend that is in the jail this guy should be staying at. I wonder if I could have him drop him a note and get us some info....you know, nothing that would hurt his case or anything.....just his side of the story.  :o

Offline One Revelator

« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2010, 09:54:03 pm »
Then again  I found this also.  way too many conflicting reports.

Gregory D. Girard, 45, was arrested Tuesday night for allegedly storing several tear gas grenades and explosive pepper ball projectiles. He was also charged with the illegal possession of four police batons.

I can go down the street  to a police supply store and buy  police batons, shirts and body armor  that say police on them  and also buy handcuffs  so how is it illegal.

A pepper-spray projectile, also called a pepper-spray ball, pepper-spray pellet, or pepper ball is a projectile weapon made up of a powdered chemical that irritates eyes and nose (see pepper spray). These less-lethal weapons launch a fragile ball which breaks upon impact and releases a super irritant powder called PAVA (capsaicin II) pepper.
The launchers are often slightly modified .68 caliber paintball guns. Most of these guns are Tippmann pro-carbines or similar and are set to fire in the 350ft/s range. The systems are generally contact safe and target accurate within 60 feet and have an effective range that provides area saturation with PAVA within a 200 foot range.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepper-spray_projectile

Neither tear gas grenades not pepper balls are “explosive”.  Sounds like the “infernal devices” are commonly used for less-than-lethal riot control.  I’ve heard that some would consider a brick of .22 an “arsenal”.  The media seems to love that word and uses it at the drop of a hat.
The number one cause of all human poverty, misery, and death is not global warming. It’s GLOBAL LYING.

Offline Eckhart Tolle

Man Charged With Stockpiling Weapons Was Part of the FAKE Palin/Beck Teaparties
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2010, 11:37:44 am »

Man Charged With Stockpiling Weapons Was Part of the FAKE Palin/Beck Teaparties

Zachary Roth | February 12, 2010, 11:19AM

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/02/man_charged_for_stockpiling_weapons_was_tea_partie.php

Gregory Girard, Gun-Toters, Right-wing extremism, Sarah Palin, Tea Parties

The Massachusetts man charged this week with stockpiling weapons after saying he feared an imminent "Armageddon" appears to have been active in the Tea Party movement, and saw Sarah Palin, who he said is on a "righteous 'Mission from God,'" as the only figure capable of averting the destruction of society.

As we reported yesterday, Gregory Girard, a Manchester technology consultant, was found with a stash of military grade weapons, explosive devices including tear gas and pepper ball canisters, camouflage clothing, knives, handcuffs, bulletproof vests and helmets, and night vision goggles, say police. They believe Girard, who pleaded not guilty at his arraignment, was "preparing for domestic and political turmoil," and feared martial law would soon be imposed.

Girard's wife said her husband had recently told her: "Don't talk to people, shoot them instead," and "it's fine to shoot people in the head because traitors deserve it."

But it appears that Girard had lately found a community with which to share some of his growing fears. A "Greg Girard," listing his location as Manchester, Mass., has a personal page on the "Patriots of America" online network, a popular site affiliated with the Tea Party movement. The phone number listed on the page is the same as the number listed on the website of Girard's consulting firm, which appears to have been run out of his home.

Girard's apparent apocalyptic anxiety about a coming effort by federal thugs to crack down on personal liberties surfaced frequently on his Tea Party page. His writings may shed light on the mindset that allegedly led him to assemble his arsenal.

For instance, just last week, after another Tea Partier wrote a post railing against gun registries, Girard responded by invoking a potential "murderous rampage" by "state and Federal gangsta's (sic)," trying to take his weapons.

He wrote:
Federal efforts to take away guns during emergencies were outlowed (sic) after the Katrina incident. And at all times, the Constitution would prohibit such a thing. So, one can know that any such effort is against the Constitution and against specific laws regarding states of emergency, and thus the effort, if it involved breaking into your home, would be no different than any felonious breaking and entry by one or more armed assailants. The Castle law in one's state, or simply the common law of the right to self defense, would ensure that close range discharge of double-ought buck from a 12 ga at the assailant's face (from behind cover!), would be a perfectly legal defense in response to an attack of armed assailants tearing the door from your home and threatening with deadly force, in the form of loaded rifles pointed in your direction. The hard part is not preventing the confiscation, but surviving the murderous rampage of the state and Federal gangsta's (sic) that would almost certainly be very enthusiastic about gunning the defending homeowner down.

In another recent post, Girard warned that Presidnen Obama is creating a "secret police force," likely made up of "inner city youths":
I have studied the "National Security Force," which is Obama's name for the secret police force he is creating. I have read the new law that gives them the right to operate as an extension of the DoD, carrying firearms, and executing search warrants, executing arrest warrants, and the like. Needless to say, it's a secret police force of some kind, and it appears likely to be created from inner city youths.

And a third recent post by Girard -- an erratic speller, it appears -- stoked fears that "gov't troops and police would freely be able to use lethal force against anyone for just about any reason, and entire sectors of the population could be subject to mass murder or indefinate (sic) detention," and asserted, "we have been in a state of war and state of emergency of some time for decades uninterupted (sic), causing us unwittingly live on the very razor edge between between civil gov't and an apocolyptic (sic) destruction of our society, our liberties, and many of our lives."

In Girard's view, only one person can save us: Sarah Palin. Later in the lengthy post, he wrote:
I believe that the ONLY ----- ONLY ------ potential presidental (sic) candidate I have seen with the sheer force of will and God-insprined (sic) rightous (sic) determination to bringdown (sic) this "War Powers" evil is Sarah Palin.

Girard praised Palin's "magical combination of charisma, a remarkable reserve of personal strength and committment (sic), and her righteous 'mission from God' drive (sic) return this country to its convservative (sic), Constitutional foundation."

Neither Girard nor his lawyer, Christopher Beares, responded immediately to messages left by TPMmuckraker.

Offline Eckhart Tolle

Re: Man Charged With Stockpiling Weapons Was Tea Partier, Palin Fan
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2010, 11:38:54 am »

Arsenal found in man's condo

By Julie Manganis
Staff writer

http://www.salemnews.com/punews/local_story_042000917.html?keyword=secondarystory

MANCHESTER — A Manchester man was allegedly stockpiling an arsenal of weapons, including grenades, guns, military gear and dried food in his Bridge Street condo, convinced that "martial law is imminent," police say.

Gregory Girard, 45, is now being held without bail pending a dangerousness hearing tomorrow in Salem District Court, where he pleaded not guilty yesterday to multiple weapons charges.

Police arrested Girard late Tuesday night after a brief standoff outside the 23 Bridge St. condo where he had been living with his wife and their 16-year-old son.

Inside the condo, police found six grenades, 11 rifles, two handguns, two bayonets, two Kevlar vests, two Kevlar helmets, six pairs of handcuffs, two billy clubs, two expandable batons, two flare guns and 17 military containers full of ammunition, which was still being counted, prosecutor Honor Segal told a judge.

They also discovered a shooting range set up in the attic storage area, which was littered with shell casings. Girard said he fires his .22-caliber rifle inside of that loft area and had installed a steel backstop.

Police found numerous other military-style items, including clothing, backpacks, knives, flashlights, batteries and radios through the home, along with large quantities of dried food stored in bags in the loft and the basement, according to a police report.

On Monday, Girard's wife, a psychiatrist, contacted police to express concern about her husband's increasing paranoia and apparent stockpiling of weapons, Segal said.

Kristine Girard told police that while her husband hadn't threatened her, she was afraid to return home after an argument.

She said her husband had recently told her, "Don't talk to people, shoot them instead," and "It's fine to shoot people in the head because traitors deserve it," Segal said, reading from a police report.

The following day, an Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms agent contacted Manchester police about a tip they had received about grenades inside the condo. That tip came from a friend of Girard's wife.

Chief Glenn McKiel revoked Gregory Girard's Class A firearms license, and detectives applied for a search warrant.

Officers from the Cape Ann Response Team, the state police tactical operations team and the ATF set up outside the home and evacuated two other units in the condo.

Police made several phone calls to Gregory Girard to ask him to come outside, but the calls went unanswered.

At 11:22 p.m., police went into the condo, where they found Girard and his son.

Police described Girard as cooperative, acknowledging that he did have grenades, but that "they are legal."

Christopher Beares, a lawyer appointed yesterday to represent Girard during his arraignment, said his client is a telecommunications consultant who holds several patents.

According to Girard's own Web site, he also offers expert witness services on intellectual property and technology cases.

Beares questioned whether any of the charges will hold up, suggesting that the grenades were actually just legal smoke bombs and that Girard has a right to use his gun inside his home.

He also questioned the authority of the court to hold Girard without bail, arguing that the charges are not among those for which prosecutors can seek a dangerousness finding.

Girard is facing charges of six counts of possessing an infernal machine (how the law refers to bombs and explosives), four counts of possessing a dangerous weapon and discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a dwelling.

Judge Richard Mori granted Segal's request, ordering Girard held without bail at least until tomorrow's hearing.

Offline Triadtropz

• Gods army is real..join up..
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2010, 11:46:12 am »
It's always the psychiatrist wife that turns you in when preparing for Armageddon..
one man with courage makes a majority..TJ

Offline donnay

« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2010, 11:52:40 am »
The plot thickens...now the alleged tip to police was made by a friend of the psychiatrist wife.  >:(

Was this person a male who is having an affair with the psychiatrist?

Is the psychiatrist trying to divorce her husband for another man and figures setting him up is easier because a child is involved?

Stay tuned...

Offline donnay

« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2010, 11:53:50 am »

Offline One Revelator

« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2010, 12:53:59 pm »
New information is here:  http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=159616.0

Thanks for the update Donnay.  The media’s spin and intentionally vague reporting about exactly what devices this man has tells me that this is a lame attempt at some sort of perception management of the public.  If this man clearly broke any law, the media would be specifically quoting it.
The number one cause of all human poverty, misery, and death is not global warming. It’s GLOBAL LYING.

Offline donnay

« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2010, 01:15:26 pm »
Thanks for the update Donnay.  The media’s spin and intentionally vague reporting about exactly what devices this man has tells me that this is a lame attempt at some sort of perception management of the public.  If this man clearly broke any law, the media would be specifically quoting it.

Oh you're welcome and I couldn't agree with you more. 

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
Whoooooooah, this is getting to be some serious serious behaviour modification program:

Federal efforts to take away guns during emergencies were outlowed (sic) after the Katrina incident. And at all times, the Constitution would prohibit such a thing. So, one can know that any such effort is against the Constitution and against specific laws regarding states of emergency, and thus the effort, if it involved breaking into your home, would be no different than any felonious breaking and entry by one or more armed assailants. The Castle law in one's state, or simply the common law of the right to self defense, would ensure that close range discharge of double-ought buck from a 12 ga at the assailant's face (from behind cover!), would be a perfectly legal defense in response to an attack of armed assailants tearing the door from your home and threatening with deadly force, in the form of loaded rifles pointed in your direction. The hard part is not preventing the confiscation, but surviving the murderous rampage of the state and Federal gangsta's (sic) that would almost certainly be very enthusiastic about gunning the defending homeowner down.

THE SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA HAS BACKED THIS UP OVER 10 TIMES, WTF? IS TPM SO IGNORANT OF THE CONSTITUTION AND THE SCOTUS? HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?

In another recent post, Girard warned that Presidnen Obama is creating a "secret police force," likely made up of "inner city youths":
I have studied the "National Security Force," which is Obama's name for the secret police force he is creating. I have read the new law that gives them the right to operate as an extension of the DoD, carrying firearms, and executing search warrants, executing arrest warrants, and the like. Needless to say, it's a secret police force of some kind, and it appears likely to be created from inner city youths.

THIS HAS BEEN ADMITTED BY OBAMA'S STAFF, THE NY TIMES< WAPO, IT GOES ON AND ON AND ON AND ON. WTF? DOESN'T TPM KNOW THAT FOR THE PAST 47 YEARS THIS HAS BEEN TRUE? SINCE THEY BLEW OFF JFK'S HEAD. DON'T THEY REALIZE THAT THE NEXT FAKE REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT WILL DO THE SAME EXACT THING? WTF?

And a third recent post by Girard -- an erratic speller, it appears -- stoked fears that "gov't troops and police would freely be able to use lethal force against anyone for just about any reason, and entire sectors of the population could be subject to mass murder or indefinate (sic) detention," and asserted, "we have been in a state of war and state of emergency of some time for decades uninterupted (sic), causing us unwittingly live on the very razor edge between between civil gov't and an apocolyptic (sic) destruction of our society, our liberties, and many of our lives."

THIS IS BEING TALKED ABOUT OVER AND OVERE AND OVER AGAIN. READ THE MIAC REPORT, THE SWINE FLU HYPE, THE FINANCIAL MELTDOWN HYPE, THE 2012 HYPE, THE SEED VAULTS, OVER 100 YEARS OF DOCUMENTATION FROM COLD SPRINGS HARBOR. TPM, C'MON GUYS, I MEAN REALLY YOU ARE JOKING RIGHT?
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

PullMyFinger

« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2010, 02:34:39 pm »
The plot thickens...now the alleged tip to police was made by a friend of the psychiatrist wife.  >:(

Was this person a male who is having an affair with the psychiatrist?

Is the psychiatrist trying to divorce her husband for another man and figures setting him up is easier because a child is involved?

Stay tuned...
Makes sense in a sick way. Judge wont grant custody to  or even visitation to him now.Dude is in for a helluva fight.

Offline TheCaliKid

• What can we do about it, really?
Re: Media reporting of Man with weapons cache is serious Psyops!
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2010, 06:35:09 pm »
Held without bail AND incommunicado? Nice. 
Better to beg for forgiveness, than to ask for permission

Offline One Revelator

« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2010, 10:59:31 pm »
News video thread here:

VIDEO: Wife Calls Cops On Man Preparing For Martial Law
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?&topic=159695.0

Offline Mithridates

« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2010, 05:01:23 am »
He was hoarding food and medicine!? What a bastard!

Offline Denali

« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2010, 11:01:43 am »
 An interesting glimpse into the collective mindset of a totalitarian state and it's subjects, if the man is successfully defended against an "MI & Dangerous" civil action brought by the "totalitarian state" I would think that the gentleman has an "uber mega-multi-million dollar" lawsuit slam-dunk against the state and it's agents for obstruction of civil liberties! ;)
"Shoot him, cut out his tongue, then shoot his tongue"

Offline One Revelator

« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2010, 11:33:27 am »
Updates on this case.

Published: February 16, 2010 05:51 am 
Police file new charges More weapons found in 'Armageddon' case
By Jonathan Phelps
Staff Writer
MANCHESTER — The local man who told police last week he was gearing up for "Armageddon" is now facing more weapons charges.

Gregory Girard, 45, was arrested last Tuesday night for having explosive hand-grenade devices and illegal police batons amongst a stockpile of other weapons and ammunition in his Bridge Street condominium.
Acting on two further warrants, the Manchester Police Department last Friday searched Girard's condo for the first time after his arrest, and also searched inside his 40-foot sail boat that is stored at Manchester Marine on Ashland Avenue for the first time.

After the searches, Girard, 45, of 23B Bridge St., was further charged by police with two counts of possessions of modified gun silencers and two counts of possession of a dangerous weapon after police found two double-edged knives, which are illegal, according to Police Officer Kevin Clary.

At 1:20 p.m. Friday, two .12-gauge shotguns along with ammunition for the weapon were found in the bathroom of the boat, Clary said.

Later in the day, around 4:10 p.m., police also searched the condo, where they found the double-edged knives in a dresser drawer and another .12-gauge shotgun and ammunition in a grandfather clock.

Girard was arrested late last Tuesday night after town police were notified by the Boston office of the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) of a tip that Girard had possession of explosive hand-grenade devices along with a cache of other weapons.

He pleaded not guilty Wednesday to four counts of possession of an infernal device and four counts of possession of a dangerous weapon.

He remains held without bail pending his dangerousness hearing, which had been scheduled for Friday but has been pushed back to this morning in Salem District Court.

Girard is specifically charged with illegally possessing tear gas and explosive pepper ball canisters, along with the two police fixed batons and two police expandable batons.

But police found approximately 20 guns and thousands of rounds of ammunition in the condominium for which Girard was licensed. On the night of the arrest, Manchester Police Chief Glenn McKiel immediately revoked his license.

There was also a large collection of military camouflage clothing, knives, several pairs of handcuffs, bulletproof vests and helmets, a large supply of medicine, and six months' worth of food supplies throughout the home — along with an illegal indoor firing range in his attic, littered with shell casings and bolstered with ballistics backing.

"Mr. Girard indicated he was preparing for 'Armageddon' which he felt was imminent," McKiel said in a prepared statement. The chief also noted that Girard believed martial law "would soon be imposed."

Clary said that police have so far seized over 10,702 rounds of ammunition from Girard, and three guns registered under his name are still missing.

Additional charges could still be pending.

Clary said the ATF will be visiting the Manchester Police Department today to check for any illegal modifications to the guns and to check the medicine supply.

Jonathan Phelps can be reached at 978-283-7000, x3447, or via e-mail at [email protected].
http://www.gloucestertimes.com/punews/local_story_046225441.html?keyword=secondarystory
Published: February 17, 2010 12:09 am 
Weapons suspect's ruling to come later in week
By Jonathan Phelps
Staff Writer
SALEM — A ruling in the dangerousness hearing against Gregory Girard will have to wait until later in the week.
Although part of the hearing took place yesterday at the Salem District Court, Judge Richard Mori suspended the hearing late yesterday afternoon, noting the time of day and the snowy weather conditions. The suspension also came after the hearing had to be moved from one courtroom to another due to technical difficulties with the sound-recording system in the initial site.

The hearing is scheduled to continue tomorrow morning. Girard, who remains held without bail, initially pleaded not guilty on multiple weapons charges during his arraignment last Wednesday. He is facing six counts of possessing an "infernal machine" — the way law defines bombs and explosives — four counts of possessing a dangerous weapon and one count of discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a dwelling.

Manchester Police Detective Richard Newton was the only person to take the witness stand yesterday. He was questioned by Assistant District Attorney Michelle DeCourcey and defense attorney Rebecca Whitehill.

DeCourcey asked Newton for details on the night Girard was arrested and the weapons police seized — many of which Girard was licensed to own. While she was pressing questions on the weapons, Whitehill objected, saying that because the guns were legally owned by Girard they are not subject of a dangerousness hearing.

DeCourcey disagreed adding, "it does give some indication on the level of danger."

Mori agreed, and DeCourcey was allowed to continue, also asking questions about gun silencers and double-edged knives.

DeCourcey also asked Newton about his contact with Girard's wife, who called police the night before police arrested her husband.

According to police, Kristine Girard said that, while her husband hadn't threatened her, she was afraid to return home after an argument.

She said her husband had recently told her, "Don't talk to people, shoot them instead," and "It's fine to shoot people in the head because traitors deserve it," police reports say.

Girard, 45, was arrested by the Manchester Police Department late on the night of Feb. 9.

Police raided Girard's Bridge Street condominium on a search warrant after being notified by the Boston office of the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) of a tip that Girard had possession of explosive hand-grenade devices, along with a cache of other weapons.

Inside the condo, police found grenades, rifles, handguns, bayonets, Kevlar vests, Kevlar helmets, handcuffs, billy clubs, expandable batons, flare guns and containers full of ammunition. They also discovered a shooting range set up in the attic storage area, which was littered with shell casings.

Whitehill argued yesterday that many of the weapons that police say are illegal — and based Girard's arrest on — are actually legal and that the Manchester Police Department hasn't sought professional evaluation of the weapons.

Newton confirmed that there is no clear evidence that the grenades are explosive, and the department hasn't had any consulting on the devices to date.

Whitehill said the grenades could just be legal smoke bombs and not explosives. She also questioned the Police Department's revocation of Girard's license to carry these weapons based on unconfirmed information of illegal weapons being held in his house.

"He was not given any opportunity to turn over his guns," she said.

In regard to the comments that Girard's wife made, Whitehill said police don't know what context that statement was made in.

She also said the request for the search warrant did not indicate that there were no active threats.

Whitehill also questioned the charges against Girard of having police batons and of firing weapons in the condominium in which he owns.
http://www.salemnews.com/punews/local_story_048000931.html

Offline donnay

« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2010, 11:45:12 am »
Man Found With Weapons Cache Faces Hearing
http://wbztv.com/local/Gregory.Girard.weapons.2.1497539.html

MANCHESTER-BY-THE-SEA (AP) ―A Manchester-by-the-Sea man who police say told them he was preparing for Armageddon after they found a cache of weapons, ammunition, and tear gas grenades in his home is back in court.

Gregory Girard is scheduled to appear before Salem Superior Court judge on Tuesday for a dangerousness hearing.

The 45-year-old Girard was arrested Feb. 9 after officers searching his home found about 20 high-powered rifles, shotguns, handguns, knives, body armor, camouflage clothing, and stockpiles of nonperishable food and medicine.

He pleaded not guilty Wednesday to possession of an infernal device and possession of a dangerous weapon in connection with the grenades and police batons. He had permits for the guns.

Offline One Revelator

Whatever happened to Gregory D. Girard?
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2010, 10:47:52 am »
The ONLY updates to this case that I’ve found are quotes from a forum as of Mar 8th.  Mediawise, the whole fiasco has been memory-holed and it appears this man is still in custody without bail.  No documents found for the results of the “dangerousness hearing”.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php/94581-Any-word-on-Gregory-D.-Girard
Has anyone seen anything further on the Gregory D. Girard case? He is the guy arrested in Manchester-by-the-Sea on what seem to be trumped up charges.

Last word (about Feb 18) was that he was too dangerous to be granted bail -- even though he never assaulted anyone nor threatened anyone.

Google seems to show nothing.

Will he just rot in jail for years? Is there any support group publicizing his plight?

Btw, I hadn't seen the following article lat month:
Man was prepping for Armageddon

It seems to have a different slant on the initial events that led to the warrants: "tipped off cops that he may have cobbled together a grenade-like device".

Like they knew he had non-incendiaries, but they concocted an idea based on hearsay that he was using them as detonators.

Does anyone know someone on the north shore in the news-business who could be interested in looking into this story? Could search-warrants have been sealed. If they are bad as they seem likely, I'm sure there will be an attempt to suppress them as much as they can.

Last update I heard was that he was declared "too dangerous" at his Dangerousness Hearing and was ordered to remain in custody.

I've been following the case, he has another hearing March 15th. I doubt you will hear anything about it until then.

Offline One Revelator

Re: Police: Man with weapons cache--Most Charges Dropped!
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2010, 10:40:16 am »
http://salemnews.com/punews/local_story_076004820.html

Most charges dropped in Manchester gun case

By Julie Manganis
Staff writer
March 17, 2010 05:45 am

MANCHESTER — Prosecutors have dropped a majority of the charges against a Manchester-by-the-Sea man accused by his estranged wife and police of preparing for martial law with an arsenal of weapons in their Bridge Street condo last month.

Gregory Girard's Feb. 9 arrest was heavily publicized, after police pulled a collection of 11 rifles and two handguns, along with thousands of rounds of ammunition, from his home, as well as other weapons and military-style gear.

Girard held a class A firearms license and all of the guns were legally registered. Girard was charged, however, with illegally possessing so-called "infernal machines," five items originally described as "grenades."

Those devices turned out to be legal smoke and tear gas grenades and are not covered under the legal definition of infernal machines.

Additionally, four counts of carrying a dangerous weapon — police batons and double-edged knives found in the condo and on Girard's boat — were dropped because at the time the charges were filed, Girard was not actually carrying the weapons, which are not illegal to own and keep in a home.

The remaining charges are discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a dwelling and two counts of illegal possession of silencers.

Girard's attorney, Rebecca Whitehill, argued yesterday that the law allows a homeowner to fire a weapon inside of his own home, and that the devices seized by police on Girard's boat are not silencers but flash suppressors that Girard wanted to use on his boat so he did not violate the law against sending up a flare that could be mistaken for a distress signal.

A state police lab is in the process of testing the suspected silencers.

Prosecutors also intend to keep the case in Salem District Court, which precludes any potential for state prison time on the remaining counts.

Whitehill tried yesterday to convince Judge Richard Mori to reconsider his decision to hold Girard without bail in light of the reduction in charges.

Prosecutor Michelle DeCourcey opposed the request, saying that the facts of the case have not changed, only the charges.

Mori agreed, denying Whitehill's request.

"I still consider Mr. Girard to be a danger to the community," Mori said.

Girard is due back in court on April 1.

Offline One Revelator

Political Prisoner Gregory Girard (Update)
« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2010, 12:43:35 pm »
Gregory Girard’s Worst Nightmare Comes True

Featured, Gun Rights, Politics — By Arnold Vintner on May 2, 2010 at 2:20 pm

Gregory Girard is an telecommunications consultant who lives in Manchester-by-the-Sea Massachusetts. Over the last few years, Greg has become increasingly worried that the U.S. government would start ignoring citizens Constitutional rights, confiscate their firearms in illegal raids, and imprison them without charges.

To protect the his Constitutional rights, and the Constitutional rights of all Americans, Greg started to prepare for the dark days which he foresaw as a very real possibility. He legally purchased firearms and other weapons, along with food and medical supplies.

This prompted the local, state, and federal police to conduct an illegal raid on Gregory’s house, confiscate his legal property, and imprison him without charges. On 9 February Greg’s home was raided, his supplies were confiscated, and he was dragged off to jail.

The state has been forced to drop most of the charges against Girard, but they are still holding him without bail — hoping to invent some new crime with which to charge him.

Police have moronically claimed that the batons Greg owns are “illegally” acquired, even though they can be purchased from many stores by any private citizen. The police have also referred to a metal plate that Greg owns as an “illegal ballistic plate” — as if there is some new law against metal plates. A police spokesman also stated “”We feel our community is safer having this kind of weaponry off the street”, implying that Greg was wandering down the street with his survival supplies.

The ineptitude of the prosecution includes:

·   Mistaking legal smoke generators as hand grenades.
·   Mistaking legal flash suppressors for firearm silencers.
·   Charging Greg with “carrying dangerous weapons”, even though Greg didn’t carry any of these weapons outside his home.

The government has been made to understand their mistakes on the issues of the “hand grenades” and the issue of “carrying” weapons. They are still too rock stupid to understand the different between a flash suppressor and a silencer.

Firing a weapon inside one’s own home isn’t even a criminal offense in Massachusetts — but Greg is still being held without bail. He’s being imprisoned purely for his political beliefs. In addition, Greg’s license to carry a firearm was revoked — even though he has not been convicted of any crime.

From this point of view, Greg’s worry that the U.S. government will start ignoring citizens Constitutional rights, begin confiscating their firearms in illegal raids, and carelessly imprison citizens without charges seems pretty reasonable.

If this can happen to a upstanding citizen in suburban Massachusetts, it can happen to any of us.  Without the protection of the United States Constitution, there is nothing to protect us from government depredation.  The government seems more than willing to completely ignore the Constitution.  What will we do to stop them? 
What will you do to protect your Constitutional rights?
http://www.fortliberty.org/gregory-girards-worst-nightmare-comes-true.html

Sunday, May 9, 2010
Gregory Girard: Political Prisoner

Massachusetts resident Gregory Girard has never been formally charged with a crime, let alone convicted of one. Yet after spending four months in jail, he will spend the next four years as a ward of the court.

Girard's legally obtained firearms will remain in the possession of the thieves in uniform who stole them on February 9, the same day he was kidnapped by a SWAT team. He will undergo involuntary psychiatric evaluation and treatment, including the administration of psychotropic drugs.

If it is deemed "necessary" by any of the legal or therapeutic apparatchiks who are now in charge of his life, Girard will be taken into custody for "in-patient treatment."

This would almost certainly occur if Girard were once again to express the unacceptable political views that resulted in his four month imprisonment, to wit: The Regime ruling us will eventually send paramilitary goon squads to confiscate legally owned firearms and imprison those who own them.

Because possession of such views made Girard a "danger to the community," a paramilitary strike force was sent to seize his guns, and he was summarily imprisoned.Under the terms of a "continuance without a finding" announced by Salem District Court Judge Richard Mori, Girard will avoid prison only if his conduct and attitude meet with the approval of people who can consign him to the psihuska at whim.

The local Vyshinsky disciple, District Attorney Jonathan Blodgett, isn't satisfied with this arrangement and most likely won't relent until Girard is sent to prison. The 45-year-old inventor was initially charged with possession of five "infernal devices" -- which proved to be legal smoke and tear gas grenades -- and four counts of "carrying" what were described as "dangerous weapons" -- police batons and hunting knives he had legally stored in his home.

The remaining accusations involve discharging a weapon in a home-made target range on his property, and possession of two items ambiguously identified as "silencers." Girard and his attorney maintain that the cylindrical objects, which were found on his boat, are flash suppressors he intended to use in order to avoid violating a law against sending up a false distress signal.

It's doubtful that even in Massachusetts a jury would find a reason to send Girard to prison. Yet Blodgett, according to his errand girl (or, as she prefers to be called, assistant DA) Michelle DeCourcey, was "very troubled by the presence of the two silencers and felt it merited a jail sentence" of at least two years.

Gregory Girard has no prior criminal record. He is not accused of committing crimes against person or property.

The same Jonathan Blodgett who is determined to send Girard to prison for possession of two cylindrical pieces of metal is anxious to protect the people who beat Worcester resident Kenneth Howe to death last November 25. That's because Howe's murderers are among the numinous personages swaddled in government-issued costumes and invested with the presumptive authority to kill.

http://freedominourtime.blogspot.com/2010/05/gregory-girard-political-prisoner.html

Offline donnay

« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2010, 02:48:53 pm »
May 5, 2010
Manchester man escapes time in jail
Resident in 'Armageddon' gun case gets 4-year continuance

By Jonathan L'Ecuyer Staff Writer

MANCHESTER — A Manchester man who reportedly told police he was preparing for Armageddon and martial law with an arsenal of weapons in his Bridge Street condo in February avoided jail time Wednesday after having charges in the case continued without a finding in Salem District Court.

Gregory Girard, 45, of 23B Bridge St., had charges of discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a dwelling and two counts of illegal possession of silencers continued without a finding for four years by Judge Richard Mori.

Carrie Kimball Monahan, spokeswoman for Essex District Attorney Jonathan Blodgett's office, said Wednesday that, as part of the conditions of his release, Girard must undergo a mental health evaluation and treatment by a psychiatrist — including in-patient treatment as deemed necessary.

He must also continue to take proper medication, and surrender all weapons and military gear taken upon his arrest. He also has one week to surrender or provide proof of sale of the two firearms that are still missing, Kimball Monahan added.

Girard was arrested Feb. 9 after his estranged wife accused him of preparing for martial law with an arsenal of weapons in their home. The arrest was heavily publicized after police pulled a collection of 11 rifles and two handguns, thousands of rounds of ammunition, as well as other weapons and military-style gear from his home.

Manchester Police Chief Glenn McKiel said Girard had told police he was preparing for "Armageddon" and feared martial law would be imposed soon.

In March, prosecutors dropped a majority of the charges against Girard, but Mori said he still considered Girard to be a "danger to the community" and ordered him still held without bail.

Girard held a class A firearms license and all of the guns were legally registered. Girard was charged, however, with illegally possessing so-called "infernal machines," five items originally described as "grenades."

Those devices turned out to be legal smoke and tear gas grenades, and are not covered under the legal definition of infernal machines.

Additionally, four counts of carrying a dangerous weapon — police batons and double-edged knives found in the condo and on Girard's boat — were dropped because, at the time the charges were filed, Girard was not actually carrying the weapons, which are not illegal to own and keep in a home.

At the time, Girard's attorney, Rebecca Whitehill, argued that the law allows a homeowner to fire a weapon inside of his own home, and that the devices seized by police on Girard's boat were not silencers but flash suppressors that Girard wanted to use on his boat so he did not violate the law against sending up a flare that could be mistaken for a distress signal.

However, a state police lab later concluded the devices were indeed silencers, Kimball Monahan said.

The DA's office, represented in the case by prosecutor Michelle DeCourcey, pushed for a guilty plea and two-year jail sentence for possession of a firearm with a silencer as well as an additional three months for discharging a weapon within 500 feet of a dwelling.

"We strenuously requested jail time for the offenses due to the serious nature of the events as well as (Blodgett) was very troubled by the presence of the two silencers and felt it merited a jail sentence," Kimball Monahan said.

Jonathan L'Ecuyer can be reached at 978-283-7000 x 3451 or [email protected].

H0llyw00d

« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2010, 08:33:10 am »
I better call pops up (retired machinist and Gunsmith), let him know he's a criminal now (last time i was there (2005), probably had 20-30 assorted guns IN EACH ROOM OF HIS HOUSE) I remember as a kid, Dad had to give an inventory to the feds on a regular basis (this was early 70's) Each of us kids were given a yellow legal pad and had to write down the info of every gun in their specified area, I remember the highest count ever (before the family disintegrated in '80) was around 320 assorted weapons @ one time back in mid 70's (He had a few illegal ones, but those were always broke down and tucked into basement rafters)....there were guns all over the house....even in the bathrooms, under sinks. My friends used to say, "Man when a war breaks out, I'm coming here" He hasn't got that many now, but I'm guessin close to 100-120 still. ;)