Author Topic: Killing America's Kids and Driving Them Insane  (Read 478089 times)

Offline Harconen

Resist. Rebel. Cry out to all peoples and nations from the sky as the lightening flashes from the east to the west and judge the living and the dead.Or choose submission and slavery.

The light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.  (John 1:5)

Offline Harconen

Resist. Rebel. Cry out to all peoples and nations from the sky as the lightening flashes from the east to the west and judge the living and the dead.Or choose submission and slavery.

The light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.  (John 1:5)

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
Re: Killing America's Kids and Driving Them Insane
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2009, 06:47:39 am »
I don't know how are you feeling about all of this, but I was wept during posting it. We are crucifying Christ again by letting them (NWO) doing it to all those children in US, Serbia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestrina, etc. And there is more of that every day.

just means you are still human buddy, I have been looking at that site for the past 4 years. let the truth be told
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

aviana

« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2009, 04:54:38 pm »
 :'(

Offline Harconen

« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2009, 07:04:55 pm »
Afghanistan: Woman Gives Birth to Headless Conjoined Twin

Independent Online
Mon, 14 Sep 2009 11:39 UTC
http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=31&art_id=nw20090914144111201C240044

An Afghan woman has given birth to a baby boy attached at the chest to a headless conjoined twin, a doctor at a hospital in northern Afghanistan said Monday.

The otherwise healthy infant was born on Thursday with the torso, legs and hands of a male twin attached, he said.

"For the first few days the attached second body was also alive and was moving, but now it is dead," Doctor Homayoun Khamoosh of Kunduz hospital told AFP. "It is the first time we have seen a case like this in Kunduz province."

Khamoosh said an operation to separate the babies was needed to save the life of the fully formed child.

"Doctors have decided to carry out surgery to separate the two bodies before it (the headless body) decomposes," said Khamoosh.

The 35-year-old mother, who has four other children, hid her face from cameras at the baby's bedside and would not give her name.

Afghanistan suffers from one of the world's highest rates of mother and child mortality during labour, mainly because of poor maternal healthcare in a destitute country devastated by decades of civil war.

Offline Harconen

« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2009, 08:24:22 pm »
Iraq Troops' PTSD Rate As High As 35 Percent, Analysis Finds

Science Daily
Mon, 14 Sep 2009 21:02 UTC
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/09/090914151629.htm

The Veterans' Administration should expect a high volume of Iraq veterans seeking treatment of post traumatic stress disorder, with researchers anticipating that the rate among armed forces will be as high as 35%, according to the Management Insights feature in the current issue of Management Science, the flagship journal of the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS®).

"Management Insights," a regular feature of the journal, is a digest of important research in business, management, operations research, and management science. It appears in every issue of Management Science.

The article "A Dynamic Model for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Among U.S. Troops in Operation Iraqi Freedom" is by Michael P. Atkinson of the Naval Postgraduate School and Adam Guetz and Lawrence M. Wein of Stanford University.

The tempo of deployment cycles in the Iraq War is higher than for any war since World War II, the authors write, and military survey data suggest that posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is common among service members.

To assure ample mental health resources to care for returning troops, the authors argue that it is important for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to forecast the timing and number of new PTSD cases over the coming years, which is complicated by the fact that many cases have delayed onset.

The authors combine a dynamic mathematical operations research model with deployment data and PTSD data from the Iraq War, and estimate that the PTSD rate among Iraq War veterans will be approximately 35%, which is roughly double the rate from the raw survey data. This doubling is due to the time lag between the PTSD-generating event and the onset of symptoms and to the fact that many surveyed troops will do subsequent deployments.

Consequently, the authors write, the VA system, which is already experiencing significant delays for PTSD treatment provision, urgently needs to ramp up its mental health resource capacity.

Offline Harconen

Offline Harconen

« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2009, 09:40:17 pm »
National Anxiety and Depression Awareness Week ~ PTSD

http://www.wellsphere.com/mental-health-article/national-anxiety-and-depression-awareness-week-ptsd/663533

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4o7tuW0WGM&feature=player_embedded

Posttraumatic Stress Disorder can lead to suicide as people with the disorder become desperate to end the flashbacks and nightmares of the trauma that they endured this includes war veterans and others.  Approximately, 5.2 million adult Americans attempt suicide

According to Psychiatric Times http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/display/article/10168/1342040?verify=0 , Lieutenant General Peake testified that the number of suicide attempts by all veterans under treatment by the VA actually could be more than the 1000 per month. According to Wrong Diagnosis http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/p/post_traumatic_stress_disorder/stats.htm , approximately 20.2 of every 100,000 soldiers killed themselves, compared with the 2006 civilian rate of 19.2.

About.com, reports that those with PTSD rates of suicide attempts increased considerably among people who had experienced multiple incidents of sexual (42.9%) or physical assault (73.5%). They also found that a history of sexual molestation, physical abuse as a child, and neglect as a child were associated with high rates of suicide attempts (17.4% to 23.9%). 5.2 million adult Americans (NIMH); 3.6% adults (NIMH); about 30% of war veterans.

This National Anxiety and Depression Awareness Week, so I thought that I would address one of the most misunderstood diagnosis, Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, I have this disorder due the abuse I experienced in childhood. It became debilitating for me, but I hid it for a very long time. Treatment is available and those with the disorder can lead fulfilling lives. Depression was previously covered in another post.

Freedom From Fear states, “Each year more than 17 million Americans will suffer with an anxiety disorder. More than 19 million will also suffer from some type of depressive illness. The cost to the economy of these terrible diseases is billions of dollars each year; the cost in human suffering is immeasurable.

Despite all of advancements and opportunities for safe treatment, the majority of folks who suffer with anxiety and depressive illnesses do not seek treatment, drop out of treatment too quickly, are non-compliant to treatment or receive treatments that are not the most effective. Some of the reasons this occurs are the terrible stigma surrounding mental illnesses, lack of resources available to those in need (adequate insurance, community resources, knowledge of where to go for treatment, not enough treatment providers, etc) public's lack of understanding the signs and symptoms of theses illnesses.

Clinicians recognize about 12 relatively distinct subtypes of anxiety disorder: Panic Disorder, with and without Agoraphobia; Agoraphobia Without a History of Panic Disorder; Specific Phobia; Social Phobia; Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder; Post-traumatic Stress Disorder; Acute Stress Disorder; Generalized Anxiety Disorder; Anxiety Disorder Due to a General Medical Condition; Substance-Induced Anxiety Disorder; and Anxiety Disorder Not Otherwise Specified.

The prevalence of these disorders is startling. At sometime during their lives, nearly a quarter (24.9%) of the adult population in the United States will have an anxiety disorder. Only substance-related disorders are more common (26.6%).” We all have stressful events in our lives,but its what we make of them that defines our character. This not a simple stressful event. It is a trauma outside the range of “normal” personal experiences where you believe that your life or someone else’s is in danger.

What is Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder?
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, PTSD, is an anxiety disorder that can develop after exposure to a terrifying event or ordeal in which grave physical harm occurred or was threatened. Traumatic events that may trigger PTSD include violent personal assaults, natural or human-caused disasters, accidents, or military combat. Tomorrow I will cover the DSM-IV-TR Criteria for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder .

Posttraumatic Stress Disorder has been around as long as there has been wars, torture, abuse, divorce, accidents, deaths or any type of trauma, but never had a name. People probably ignored it, had “nervous breakdowns,” combat stress, shell shock, became delusional or psychotic, became addicted (alcohol, drugs, sex, gambling-yes, those are verified addictions) or committed suicide.

It is not a medical bandwagon and not an excuse. It is not readily diagnosed because there has to be a triggering event. It is a real disease that significantly disrupts a persons life. When I started to have memories of my abuse, I eventually was no longer able to work. I wanted to continue; however, my symptoms became such that I was either going to be hospitalized or stop working. I miss working, but know I cannot which is a tough thing for me to swallow.

My symptoms include intrusive flashbacks of my abuse (auditory, olafactory, seeing, physically feeling and re-experiencing my abuse), disrupted sleep, dissociation (not completely in reality, but in a fog state), extreme hypervigilance, exaggerated startle response, panic attacks, feeling overwhelmed ALL the time and avoidance of anything associated with my abuse (crowds, loud noises, odors, yelling, loud voices, knives, tools, belts, the color pink, I could write a whole page, but I won’t). I don’t have control of when the flashbacks occur and they significantly interfere with my daily life. It is treatable usually with psychotherapy and medications which I am doing. There is also another form of treatment called EMDR, Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing http://www.emdr-therapy.com/ which as been quite successful for some.

Are we better off not knowing about PTSD? Is it possible for the brain to recover totally? Or do you just have to learn to live with it? No, we are not better off not knowing because it occurs in our brain anyway. No, would you want to live with those symptoms because they are there whether or not you have a name for it. Having a name helps people learn to cope with it and not think that they are “crazy.” There are actually neurological changes in the pathways that react to stress that become automatic. Those cannot be changed without intervention. The pathway does not ever go away. However, the brain can learn new pathways, but it is very difficult…take it from someone who knows.

The flashbacks at this intensity and reactivity with treatment can get to the point where there a less severe or no symptoms or flashbacks that are easily handled or do not have an intensity about them. The brain will still go there or it may not, but it just maybe a nuisance or the new pathway can easily take over. Or you may just need to tell yourself, “okay, I’m not in that situation…I can handle this…I am not going to die/get hurt.” Then, deal with the situation in a more “normal.” manner. It has taken much therapy and medications to try to learn how to cope and learn new ways of managing my life. Tomorrow, I will cover the DSM-IV-TR Criteria for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder.

To obtain much more complete information you can go to one of the following links:

http://www.medicinenet.com/posttraumatic_stress_disorder/article.htm
http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/go/ptsd
http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/post-traumatic-stress-disorder-ptsd/index.
http://www.ncptsd.va.gov/ncmain/index.jsp

Offline Harconen

« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2009, 10:07:10 pm »
Forever at War: Veterans’ Everyday Battles with Post-traumatic Stress Disorder

“To this day, every time I smell firecrackers or fire arms being shot, I feel like I am right back there. All I have to do is close my eyes and I see the whole scenario over and over again. I can’t erase it.”

Hundreds of thousands of US veterans are not able to leave the horrors of war on the battlefield. They bring the combat home and re-experience it in their minds each and every day, no matter how much time has passed.

“I don’t like people. I just live my life.”

Many PTSD veterans live a life riddled with divorce, unemployment, and loneliness because they are unable to form lasting social networks within civilian life. It is not uncommon for a war veteran plagued with PTSD to desire a solitary life in the mountains. One informant described Montana as the ideal locale – far away and quiet.

“I should have buried him.”

This veteran is still tormented by the fact he did not give an honorable burial to a fellow soldier. He knows he would have met a similar fate if he tried to leave his foxhole; yet his inability to act haunts his memory. He asks himself everyday why he didn’t even try to honor his fallen comrade. He also has never been able to justify why he wasn’t the soldier left unburied on that remote Pacific island.

“I didn’t even have the motivation to kill myself.”

Many of these men and women believe their situation will never improve. Some contemplate suicide as their only relief from the symptoms of PTSD. A number of the veterans we spoke with had thought about or even tried to end their own lives. They also participate in risky activities, threatening their life in a deliberate yet indirect way.

“I always feel like there is someone behind me – following me.”

Being on edge is the only way to survive in combat. Unfortunately, many PTSD veterans are unable to readjust within the civilian world. Everyday life becomes a battlefield.

Something as mundane as walking through a crowded grocery store aisle can be a source of intense anxiety for a veteran suffering from PTSD. Overwhelmed by a feeling that the shoppers behind them are enemies, PTSD veterans always feel as if they are under attack. A trigger as simple as the clashing of shopping carts can make them jump in fear of an imminent explosion. They are forever at war.

OUTREACH

Over the course of 4 months, South Bend veterans with Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) have revealed their daily realities to us, five undergraduates at the University of Notre Dame. In conjunction with a course taught by Dr. Daniel Lende entitled Researching Disease: Methods in Medical Anthropology, we have engaged in community-based research with members and supporters of PTSD, Vets, Inc. Here, with the approval and encouragement of these vets, we seek to give their experiences a well-deserved voice.

We’ve come to understand that PTSD is a debilitating condition. However, there tends to be a general lack of understanding of the condition itself as well as its symptoms, diagnoses, and treatments. Here are some things these PTSD veterans want every person to know:

Many older veterans have suffered from PTSD for decades without ever knowing they had the disease. These men and women insist that their quality of life would have been significantly improved with early intervention. This has been supported by numerous studies, which suggest that diagnosis soon after the traumatic event is critical for positive, long-term outcomes. Traumatic memories tend to become resistant to treatment over time. The quicker the symptoms can be addressed, the better the outlook for a PTSD veteran.

A clinical diagnosis serves as a profound moment for a veteran with PTSD. It confirms and validates the symptoms experienced by the individual. One informant describes his diagnosis: “It was like a nail on the head. Finally someone knew.”

Veterans with PTSD often believe that they are “crazy” before a formal diagnosis by a healthcare professional. Previous to having a diagnosis, these men and women have the symptoms but no explanation for their cause. They begin to question their sanity. They ask, as one veteran phrased it, whether or not “it’s all just in [our] heads.”

A formal diagnosis is an empowering facet of PTSD treatment because it lets veterans know that there is a physiological and psychological basis for their behavior. War has changed their brains and there are ways of learning to cope with those changes.

More than anything else, a diagnosis lets them know that they are not alone.

Many of the vets expressed that feeling alone in handling their condition and the isolation that often results are the most painful aspects of PTSD, often making it difficult for many PTSD vets to ask for help and seek treatment. Group therapy among PTSD veterans is a vital component of treatment because very few civilians have seen and experienced the same events that these men and women have. Nor can civilians understand the trials and tribulations of living with PTSD caused by war trauma. In this way, it can be seen that many PTSD veterans will only talk about their experiences with other veterans.

We have received direct feedback that group therapy benefits many of the veterans, as it provides an avenue for them to speak openly about their suffering. While many veterans destructively turn to alcohol and drugs as a means of coping, group therapy provides a healthy alternative and is an outlet for them to express their anger, fear, guilt and countless other emotions attributed to PTSD. In confidence they can tell each other things that they haven’t even told their husbands or wives. In the group they are getting these things out in a sensible manner. Telling their stories matters.

An important question in regards to group therapy is how it can be improved in order to provide the most benefits for the veterans that are returning home from war. The VA and several other organizations are examining what aspects of group therapy may be altered to make it as effective as possible for providing PTSD treatment to veterans.

One approach that veterans in South Bend are attempting is peer counseling. Those with PTSD consider a commitment to helping other veterans to be a central facet of managing the disease. Older members of the group want to reach out to soldiers returning from Afghanistan and Iraq with PTSD. They know better than anyone what it is like to live with PTSD and want to stress the importance of receiving early treatment. By counseling young veterans, these members hope to prevent a lifetime of suffering which they themselves had to live through. This then helps to validate their own suffering.

The peer counseling doesn’t just benefit one side of the relationship, however. By instilling them with some agency over the disorder, the counseling provides a method of coping in addition to more standardized treatment for the older group members. More generally, this emphasis on helping other veterans simply by making them as aware of PTSD as possible underscores the importance of awareness in the effort to improve its diagnosis and treatment among all veterans.

AWARENESS

The substantial impact of PTSD on the lives of veterans afflicted by it makes greater understanding of this disorder of utmost necessity. With knowledge about PTSD, returning veterans can seek the early diagnosis and treatment they need, giving them a chance to reclaim their quality of life. Although many veterans we spoke with stressed that PTSD never goes away, with treatment, including group therapy, counseling, or medication, veterans can avoid a life ravaged by isolation, drug and alcohol use, depression, and the countless other daily struggles of PTSD.

Awareness and understanding can also foster the support of families that is often necessary to motivate vets to seek the treatment they need. Increasing the visibility of the prevalence of the disorder among veterans and working to remove the stigma associated with it can help veterans get the support they need and deserve. Finally, awareness among the general public will give veterans an additional level of acceptance and advocacy that may work to reduce the impact of PTSD on their lives.

A true knowledge about all aspects of PTSD needs to rise amongst veterans, their families, the public, and our policy-makers, so veterans currently suffering with PTSD and the soldiers returning from Iraq and Afghanistan may acquire the help needed to fight back in the war that rages within their subconscious.

For more information on PTSD and how to seek treatment please visit the helpguide. To learn more about the veterans of PTSD, Vets, Inc., who so graciously shared their stories, visit www.ptsdvets.com.

–//–

Written by: Christina Del Guzzo, Megan Ericson, Daniel Graciaa, Casey McNeill & Mark Quaresima

Acknowledgements: Many thanks to Dr. Michael Sheehan, PTSD Vets, Inc., and the many veterans who opened their hearts and shared their stories with us.

http://neuroanthropology.net/2009/01/26/forever-at-war-veterans-everyday-battles-with-post-traumatic-stress-disorder/

Offline Harconen

« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2009, 10:13:59 pm »
Mind-Body skills reduce PTSD in war-traumatized children

Gordon JS, Staples JK, Blyta A, et al. Treatment of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder in Postwar Kosovar Adolescents Using Mind-Body Skills Groups: A Randomized Controlled Trial. J Clin Psychiatry 2008 Aug 12;e1-e8; pii:ej07m03828

Highly traumatized children living in war-torn Kosovo experienced significant reductions in posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) when treated with a comprehensive, non-drug model developed by The Center for Mind-Body Medicine (CMBM), according to a new study published in the Journal of Clinical Psychiatry. The new study is the first randomized controlled trial of any intervention with war traumatized children.

The study demonstrates that CMBM's mind-body techniques, including biofeedback, meditation, guided imagery and self-expression (in words, drawings, and movement) produce lasting changes in levels of stress, flashbacks, nightmares and symptoms of withdrawal and numbing in adolescents living in a region of conflict.

Eighty-two Kosovo high school students participated in the study, all of whom met PTSD criteria as measured by the Harvard Trauma Questionnaire. Teachers trained in the CMBM mind-body model offered the 12-session program in small, supportive educational settings.

After participating in the three-month long program, the number of students having symptoms was dramatically reduced from 100% to 18%. The reduction was maintained at a three-month follow-up. The improvement was significantly greater than a control group of non-participating students. CMBM's founder and director, and the study's lead author, James S. Gordon, MD, describes the approach in his new book, Unstuck: Your Guide to the Seven Stage Journey Out of Depression.

"This study provides scientific evidence for the efficacy of a model taught to almost 3,000 health and mental health professionals and educators worldwide," said Dr Gordon. "CMBM's approach is educational and powerfully effective and can be taught and used by people of all ages on their own. We've used this small group model to give tens of thousands of children and adults practical tools that help them feel better quickly, and we've taught them to use their intuition and imagination to solve problems. Our approach is proving highly acceptable to populations which do not want to be given medication, and have no access to a doctor or therapist."

This mind-body model is being used to treat war-traumatized populations in Israel and Gaza as well as in post-Katrina southern Louisiana. It is also widely used with depressed people and those with chronic illness in the US, and has been incorporated as a stress reduction program for students in a dozen US medical schools.

The research was funded by the Oswald Family Foundation; the Oak Foundation; the deLaski Family Foundation; Ms. Lyn Rales; Ms. Judith Loeb Chiara; and the Helen Clay Frick Foundation.

http://www.anxietyinsights.info/mindbody_skills_reduce_stress_in_wartramatized_childen.htm

Offline Harconen

« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2009, 10:25:42 pm »
Confident U.S. generals commit war crimes: Uranium as a force multiplier

This 4-year-old Iraqi boy is suffering from a tumor growing in his eye. (Photo: BBC)

Because, ultimately, these senior American generals and politicians must be cast out of office, tried and appropriately punished for committing these war crimes. It is the right thing to do. What America is doing to the world is wrong and criminal. All Americans are war criminals. We all bear responsibility � all 300 million of us. There are at least six individuals, probably hundreds more, affiliated with the DOD, the CIA and the DOE who aggressively argue for the God given right of the American Expeditionary Forces to use deadly uranium weapons. These public relations masters work hand in glove with their programming counterparts in the big media to maintain the lie. - Bob Nichols

by Bob Nichols
San Francisco Bay View

It always pays to listen, and to listen exactly, to what the senior U.S. military officials say about fighting wars. In 1991, Gen. Colin Powell sent 500,000 men with Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf, lots of 70-ton Abrams Tanks and other soldier equipment for a 100-hour war against a weak third world country � Iraq. It was called the Powell Doctrine and required a quick enemy defeat by �overwhelming force,� �defined goals� and an �exit strategy.�

Another George Bush, George Bush the second, sent only 145,000 troopers for the much more ambitious conquering and occupation of Iraq 12 years later. What changed?

Why send 355,000 fewer troopers for a much larger, tougher, sure to get you killed job? The American war policies did not change. The answer is that the Americans had millions of pounds of a deadly microscopic �helper� called depleted uranium as a �force multiplier� deployed in Iraq.

A force multiplier is a technological method to multiply the aggressiveness and lethality of an armed force. Dr. Katsuma Yagasaki of Ryukyus University in Okinawa, a physicist, stated publicly that the atomicity equivalent of the weaponized uranium gas deployed in Iraq by U.S. military forces is hundreds of thousands of times the radioactivity of the Nagasaki atomic bomb.

Marion Fulk, who started working on nuclear weapons more than 60 years ago during the Manhattan Project, says, �I would say that it is the perfect weapon for killing lots of people.� A leading scientist, Leuren Moret, speaking out on the use of depleted uranium today, says flatly, �Iraq is uninhabitable,� due to widespread radiation poisoning.

Uranium weapons are criminal violations of international and U.S. federal law in at least four ways. That is exactly what the U.S. military and politicians demanded be used in Iraq and Central Asia. Noted humanitarian and war crimes lawyer Karen Parker gives a simple four point test to determine that DU is illegal and a war crime and a crime against humanity. However, using the four point test as a weapons spec gives the Pentagon the super weapon they wanted. War crimes lawyers, in many ways, wrote the spec for Washington�s latest genocidal wonder weapon.

A weapon that:

- strays off the field of battle.

- lasts after the battle is over.

- causes cancer and other major devastating diseases.

- causes lethal harm to people and the environment, is an illegal weapon as determined by a U.N. body. In short, its use is a war crime.

DU, or so-called depleted uranium, fits the profile perfectly. The senior American military and political leadership had their super weapon. They then determined that the Iraqi people and others in Central Asia�s resource rich lands were in the way, had no right to live and had to go. They would be nuked by uranium munitions.

The American war planners knew and assumed that the U.S. soldiers were expendable commodities, like bullets. They would be nuked, too. As the famous American secretary of state, His Excellency Henry Kissinger, said, �Military men are just dumb stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy.�

The American expeditionary forces purposefully used a long lasting genocidal weapon, uranium gas, in Iraq to decimate the Iraqi civilization. The Americans are still using this genocidal weapon more than 15 years later. It�s estimated that more than a million Iraqis died during the past 15 years from wars and sanctions. There were only about 24.4 million Iraqis to start with in 1991. The extermination minded American senior politicians and military leaders are nothing if not determined, ruthless and relentless.

As the brutal American Marines say, �Kill their ass and steal their gas.� The American privates and corporals, the so-called grunts, do not know they are included in the soon to be dead or maimed, because poison gas weapons are not controllable. The poison flies everywhere with the changing wind. Poison gas is very unpredictable. The grunts are �throw away soldiers.�

The Pentagon reported 320 tons of deadly, radiation-dispersing weaponized ceramic uranium oxide gas weapons were deployed on the nearly defenseless Iraqis in 1991. Cancers and other diseases soared. Ever since the American atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, in August 1945, radiation dispersing uranium weapons have been war crimes and illegal.

Since the Americans are the world�s only �super power,� the world is in a quandary, wondering what to do to stop the Americans? The American generals and senior politicians are addicted to the incredible lethality and force multiplier properties of depleted uranium.

Uranium weapons deliver death and illness in a big way, forever. That makes non-nuclear countries fear the United States. The American politicians love it because they know fear is a great motivator.

Thousands of nuclear missiles remain on hair trigger alert, even today. The lethal nuke birds can fly in 15 minutes. All world leaders know it. Just like that, they could die in a global thermonuclear war in which everybody dies or wishes they were dead.

After the U.S. nuked Japan in 1945 with large depleted uranium bombs wrapped around a tiny core of A-Bomb and H-Bomb devices, it did not take long for the U.S. monopoly on global thermonuclear weapons to evaporate into thin air and for nukes to proliferate like fleas on a dog. As the famed scientist Albert Einstein said, �There are no secrets.� Sure enough, soon Russia, China, France, England, Israel, Pakistan, India and probably others also possessed thermonuclear weapons.

A country has to have a nuclear reactor to start a nuclear weapons program. Big American companies were very anxious to peddle the multibillion dollar Goliaths or little baby �research� reactors all over the world. The only difference in them is how much atomic bomb making material each can produce in a year when set up right.

The big megawatt reactors can make the stuff for about 40 atom bombs a year. Indeed, that is their primary purpose. The highly subsidized, very expensive, very dirty �electrical power� the reactors heat water to make is effective political cover. The couch potato � dumbed down American public � does not see the reactors� true purpose: atom bomb production.

More than 40 countries now have 430 reactors around the world. That means more than 40 countries can produce, or already have produced, global thermonuclear weapons.

The Pentagon wanted to be able to use radioactive uranium to kill and cause deadly cancers without the very noticeable boom of an actual atom bomb. The entire world was really down on the big atom bomb blasts on human populations. Still, the Americans exploded 1,200 atom bombs before Dr. Ernest Sternglass and others convinced the United States Senate to approve the Nuclear Test Ban Treaty in 1962.

The amount of radiation released by the atomic bombs pales in comparison to the huge amount of permanent killing radiation released in Iraq. The total radioactive life span of uranium weapons is a majestically creepazoid 45 billion years. The Iraqis have a right to ask, �Why do the Americans hate us so? Why do the Americans want to exterminate us?�

Ordinary use of the big atom bomb was out. What were the U.S. political and military leaders to do? Answer: Go directly to the major radiation dispersing element in the atomic bombs and use it for radioactive munitions: dirty bullets, dirty shells and dirty bombs � depleted uranium. Problem solved. The military-industrial-congressional complex had their force multiplier back.

But, with budgetary battles and contending with those within the military who opposed Radiation Dispersing Weapons, it took decades to craft and develop the uranium munitions. Keep in mind that these are not �uranium covered� or �uranium tipped� or �weakly radioactive� weapons as Pentagon apologists, propagandists and other war promoters say they are. They lie. Uranium weapons in use today are machined from solid uranium.

The most plentiful metal in the atom bombs used to devastate Japan and warn the world about the trigger happy senior American leadership was so-called �depleted uranium.� It was five feet thick and only fractionally less radioactive than the feedstock uranium it came from.

DU would be ideal as a killer weaponized radioactive uranium gas fired in conventional weapons. A vanishing small percentage of the radioactive uranium in a hundred pounds of uranium is deadly enough to make atomic bombs; but it is all radioactive. Take one half of the tiny amount of bomb making stuff out and it is called �depleted uranium.� What a con, and hundreds of millions of Americans fell for it!

Thus, depleted uranium rounds, including bombs, were born. They were tested in various wars � field tests for new weapons � and configurations before the new genocidal munitions were ready for prime time in the 1991 Iraq �war� turkey shoot.

The Pentagon admitted to using 320 tons of DU � of weaponized uranium gas, aerosols and fragments � that left Iraq a cancer ridden radioactive wasteland. The genocide embracing American forces were not through with Iraq yet, though. They would be back.

The Americans have spent billions of dollars to set up and maintain a huge industrial operation to produce nuclear weapons of all kinds. This ranges from the publicly understood atomic bombs like those used on two Japanese cities� civilian populations to the nuclear radiation dispersing bullets, shells, land mines, missiles and bombs. The uranium weapon as a force multiplier is alive and well.

Today, this vast industrial strength nuclear weapons establishment maintains four ammunition storage dumps in the U.S. and an unknown number around the world. Each of the U.S. ammo dumps in the U.S. is licensed by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission to have 22,000,000 pounds of actual uranium on hand in uranium munitions. When these huge war material centers move into high gear, they are a wonder of lethal industrial killing efficiency.

To maintain �Class 1� status, the ammo dumps must be able to ship 3.2 million pounds of weapons a day for 30 days. That can total 384,000,000 pounds of radioactive weaponized ceramic uranium oxide poison gas dispersing weapons per month.

George Bush the Second launched the �shock and awe� uranium bombing campaign against Baghdad and the remainder of Iraq in March of 2003. Within nine days, microscopic radioactive uranium oxide particles were detected in special high volume air filters in Aldermaston, England, some 2,700 miles away. Millions of pounds of uranium gas contaminated Baghdad yet again.

Government and university scientists estimated the five week uranium bombing campaign exposed hundreds of millions of people in Europe and Britain to tiny radioactive particles at the adult male lung dose rate of 23 million particles.

Cancers and other illnesses will follow, of course. For the first time in 41 years, the infant neonatal death rate is inching up. The tiniest babies die first. Tony Blair, the English prime minister, tried to ride the tiger too many times to no effect. The berserker Americans were uncontrollable. This is Bush�s true legacy.

Now, we really must listen to the war criminals in the senior American political and military leadership. The purpose of the illegal uranium weapons is to multiply the effectiveness of a smaller force by killing or maiming the enemy continuously, after the initial battle is over. The millions of pounds of radioactive ceramic uranium oxide gas and dust all over Iraq are a deadly virtual army � killing and maiming civilian Iraqi men, women and children continuously.

People have always thought wars against children are particularly gross. That is not a problem for the American war machine planners at the Pentagon. Just look at what they do.

The radioactive virtual army secures the Iraqi homeland. The American war criminals are free to �redeploy� or ship the now radioactive, dying, constantly replaced American Army veterans to whatever little country is next � Iran, Syria or North Korea.

�Only� about 2,300 American troopers were sacrificed in the past three years in Iraq. Those deaths are acceptable to the American leadership. So were those of 250,000 Iraqis. They will move on and turn yet another country into radioactive rubble. The only real question is: �Who�s next?�

Some Americans think that all this just could not happen in America. Foolish American intellectuals think that mere words without acts will deter the in-control American fascists. They simply do not understand that the old American Republic is dead and gone.

Now, in 2006, the United States is the most successful fascist empire, with the most lethal military, in the history of the world. The fascist government of war criminals and crooks must be put out as soon as possible, certainly before they invade Iran and use global thermonuclear weapons as promised and nuclear munitions again to do so. Words do not count in this arena, though, only actions.

Because, ultimately, these senior American generals and politicians must be cast out of office, tried and appropriately punished for committing these war crimes. It is the right thing to do. What America is doing to the world is wrong and criminal. All Americans are war criminals. We all bear responsibility � all 300 million of us.

There are at least six individuals, probably hundreds more, affiliated with the DOD, the CIA and the DOE who aggressively argue for the God given right of the American Expeditionary Forces to use deadly uranium weapons. These public relations masters work hand in glove with their programming counterparts in the big media to maintain the lie.

Since this article will only be seen in the SF Bay View newspaper, which goes all over the U.S. and the world, and on the Internet, it is fairly easy for these despised characters to publish continuous �feel-good� articles about these nuclear munitions. Already this series of anti-nuclear munition articles is sent by you, the readers, all over the country and the world. You must do more � always more.

Feel outraged? Helpless? Upset? Powerless? I do!

Do you want to stop these Americans from committing these war crimes? Then you must �be the media.� Do the only thing you can control. Tell your friends and neighbors about this. Just say, �The U.S. is using radioactive weapons and is destroying the world. What can we do to mess with them? Let�s do it.�

Working together, you will be able to figure out all manner of wildly inventive and cool things to do to stop this worldwide menace. The generals and politicians don�t stand a chance against a righteously angry American public. Just go ahead and do it. Don�t wait for permission. You are right! Don�t be timid! The whole world is watching.

Thank you for your time.
Bob Nichols is a Project Censored Award Winner. He is a correspondent for the San Francisco Bay View newspaper and a frequent contributor to various online publications. Nichols is completing a book based on 15 years of nuclear war in Central Asia. He is a former employee of the McAlester Army Ammunition Plant. You are encouraged to write him at [email protected] or [email protected].

http://www.worldproutassembly.org/archives/2006/06/confident_us_ge.html

Offline Harconen

« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2009, 10:45:18 pm »
War Crimes

Desert Storm (1991) and War on Terror (2001 - )

Egyptian newspaper cartoon about US war on Iraq

"It is the absolute responsibility of everybody in uniform to disobey an order that is either illegal or immoral."
    -- General Pace, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, National Press Club, February 17, 2006

Senior Pentagon official on why they censor gruesome t.v. coverage of combat
    "If we let people see that kind of thing, there would never again be any war."
    www.icantcomplain.com/quotes.html

"We have committed more war crimes almost than any nation in the world, and I'm going to continue to say it. And we won't stop it because of our pride, and our arrogance as a nation."
    -- Martin Luther King, Jr., March 1968

"I suppose if I had lost the war, I would have been tried as a war criminal. Fortunately, we were on the winning side."
    -- US General Curtis LeMay, commander of the 1945 Tokyo fire bombing operation.

"The crimes of the U.S. throughout the world have been systematic, constant, clinical, remorseless, and fully documented but nobody talks about them. "
    -- Nobel Laureate Harold Pinter

"we must make what reparations we can for the damage we have done. We must provide the medical aid that is badly needed, making it available in this country if necessary. ...
    "the greatest purveyor of violence in the world today - my own government"
    -- Martin Luther King on the Vietnam War, April 4, 1967

"I was nineteen years old, and I'd always been told to do what the grown-ups told me to do.... But now I tell my sons, if the government calls, ... to use their own judgment, ... to forget about authority ... to use their own conscience. I wish somebody had told me that before I went to Vietnam."
    a U.S. soldier who had participated in the My Lai massacre, in which a company of American soldiers shot to death women and children by the hundreds in a tiny Vietnamese village

One two three four Every night we pray for war. Five six seven eight Rape. Kill. Mutilate.
    -- U.S. Marine Corps training chant, Camp Pendelton, 1989

One, two, three, four, We don't want your f**king war! Five, six, seven, eight, Organize and smash the state!
    -- Students for a Democratic Society (SDS) Vietnam War chant

ex-CIA agent John Stockwell
    www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Truth_Commissions/Truth_Commission_page.html 
    (US gov't wars have killed over 6 million in past half century)

www.un.org/icc/unhcr.htm

UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSION FOR REFUGEES

UNHCR AND THE ESTABLISHMENT OF AN INTERNATIONAL CRIMINAL COURT: SOME COMMENTS ON THE DRAFT STATUTE

International Criminal Court www.un.org/law/icc/statute/romefra.htm

Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide, 9 December 1948

Article 146 of the Fourth Geneva Convention of 1949 on the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War requires the parties to enact legislation to provide effective penal sanctions for those committing or ordering to commit "grave breaches" of the Convention; and to search for such persons and to bring them to trial. Article 147 states that grave breaches are the following acts committed against protected persons and property: willful killing, torture or inhumane treatment, including biological experiments, willfully causing great suffering or serious injury to body or health, unlawful deportation or transfer or unlawful confinement of a protected person, compelling a protected person to serve in forces of a hostile Power, or willfully depriving a protected person of the rights of fair and regular trial prescribed in the present Convention, taking of hostages and extensive destruction and appropriation of property, not justified by military necessity and carried out unlawfully and wantonly.

Desert Storm: 1991 Gulf War

Iraqi soldier killed in Desert Slaughter (1991).
Perhaps 200,000 to 300,000 were killed in that attack.

How many people were killed in the 1991 Gulf War?

Bodies? What Bodies?
By Patrick J. Sloyan, AlterNet
November 25, 2002
www.alternet.org/story.html?StoryID=14633

Daniel and the rest of the world would not find out until months later why the dead had vanished. Thousands of Iraqi soldiers, some of them alive and firing their weapons from World War I-style trenches, were buried by plows mounted on Abrams main battle tanks. The Abrams flanked the trench lines so that tons of sand from the plow spoil funneled into the trenches. Just behind the tanks, actually straddling the trench line, came M2 Bradleys pumping 7.62mm machine gun bullets into the Iraqi troops. ...

One reason there was no trace of what happened in the Neutral Zone on those two days were the ACEs. It stands for Armored Combat Earth movers and they came behind the armored burial brigade leveling the ground and smoothing away projecting Iraqi arms, legs and equipment.

PFC Joe Queen of the 1st Engineers was impervious to small arms fire inside the cockpit of the massive earth mover. He remained cool and professional as he smoothed away all signs of the carnage. Queen won the Bronze Star for his efforts. "A lot of guys were scared," Queen said, "but I enjoyed it." Col. Moreno estimated more than 70 miles of trenches and earthen bunkers were attacked, filled in and smoothed over on Feb. 24-25.

What happened at the Neutral Zone that day has become a metaphor for the conduct of modern warfare. While political leaders bask in voter approval for destroying designated enemies, they are increasingly determined to mask the reality of warfare that causes voters to recoil.

The relentless appetite of broadcasting networks made Pentagon control a simple matter. Virtually every U.S. weapon system is monitored by television cameras either on board warplanes and helicopters or hand-held by military cameramen or individual soldiers. This "gun camera" footage may be released or withheld depending on the decisions of political bosses of the military. So when the air war began in January 1991, the media was fed carefully selected footage by Schwarzkopf in Saudi Arabia and Powell in Washington, DC. Most of it was downright misleading.

Briefings by Schwarzkopf and other military officers mostly featured laser guided or television guided missiles and bombs. But of all the tons of high explosives dropped during more than a month of night and day air attacks, only 6 percent were smart bombs. The vast majority were controlled by gravity, usually dropped from above 15,000 feet – 35,000 feet for U.S. heavy bombers – where winds can dramatically affect accuracy. And there never was any footage of B-52 bomber strikes that carpeted Iraqi troop positions.

Just as distorted were Schwarzkopf's claims of destruction of Iraqi Scud missiles. After the war, studies by Army and Pentagon think tanks could not identify a single successful interception of a Scud warhead by the U.S. Army's Patriot antimissile system.

In manipulating the first and often most lasting perception of Desert Storm, the Bush administration produced not a single picture or video of anyone being killed. This sanitized, bloodless presentation by military briefers left the world presuming Desert Storm was a war without death.

That image was reinforced by limitations imposed on reporters on the battlefield. Under rules developed by Cheney and Powell, journalists were not allowed to move without military escorts. All interviews had to be monitored by military public affairs escorts. Every line of copy, every still photograph, every strip of film had to be approved – censored – before being filed. And these rules were ruthlessly enforced.

Patrick J. Sloyan won the Pulitzer Prize for his coverage of Desert Storm while working as a senior correspondent for Newsday.

www.newsreview.com/issues/reno/2002-10-10/news.asp
Clean lies, dirty wars

Remembering the U.S. estimate of about 13,000 Iraqi civilians killed, this was a find that prompted a series of questions: Why not inflate rather than deflate that total? Why not use a natural propaganda tool and make the Allies look worse rather than better? How could it be that the only thing Saddam Hussein and George Bush agreed upon was that so few had died, when more than 10,000 tons of mostly U.S. explosive power had bombarded Iraq non-stop for 43 days? ...
    Word spread that an American researcher was investigating the death toll of Desert Storm, and a self-described "friend of the truth" contacted me. Eluding Walid for a secret meeting, I was surprised to find myself talking with a well-placed Hussein family member. In a meeting so brief as to appear accidental, he told me, lips barely moving, of a civilian casualty cover-up. He hypothesized that as many as 300,000 civilians died in the conflict.
    By way of example, he pointed to the many Iraqi civilians who died at war's end, fleeing Kuwait along what the Western press called "the highway of death."
    Going on, my friend explained how, in the first days of the bombings, Iraqi television announced a nightly civilian death toll, but when the "bodies mounted" the practice was discontinued. Already the war was "not popular" and becoming less so when Iraq aligned with its old enemy Iran to allow for the flight of Iraqi fighter jets to Iran. With the country fresh from fighting and killing Iranians, this move "disgusted Iraq's citizens," he said.
    "We did not know our angels from our demons. We were tired of dying and did not want this war." ....
    The U.S. military custom of burying dead enemies disposed of the problem, the man said, when "thousands of Bedouins and other families were buried side by side with warriors in mass graves around Iraq." Fire, as well as inadequate and decentralized record keeping, assisted in making the dead vanish. Afterward, my friend explained, Iraqi officials planted the idea of the "clean war" by furnishing American census-takers with the same casualty count, 8,243, listed in The Destruction.

It has been reported that John Lehman, who served the Reagan administration as Navy Secretary, was reportedly a participant at the 1991 meeting of the notorious Bohemian Grove, a private retreat for the elite in northern California - www.sonic.net/~kerry/bohemian/index.html He is said to have answered "200,000"

Offline Harconen

« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2009, 10:50:13 pm »
In 1996, former US Secretary of State Madeleine Albright said of the deaths of more than 500,000 Iraqi kids under harsh and brutal US-imposed sanctions, "I think this is a very hard choice, but the price--we think the price is worth it."

Offline Harconen

« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2009, 10:54:21 pm »
www.namebase.org/galloway.html
Testimony of Mr. George Galloway, Member of the British Parliament, before the U.S. Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Permanent Subcommittee, May 17, 2005

I opposed the Oil-for-Food program with all my heart. Not for the reasons that you are troubled by, but because it was a program which saw the death-I'm talking about the death now; I'm talking about a mass grave-of a million people, most of them children, in Iraq. The Oil-for-Food program gave 30 cents per day per Iraqi for the period of the Oil-for-Food program-30 cents for all food, all medicine, all clothes, all schools, all hospitals, all public services. I believe that the United Nations had no right to starve Iraq's people because it had fallen out with Iraq's dictator.

David Bonior, your former colleague, Senator, whom I admired very much--a former chief whip here on the Hill--described the sanctions policy as "infanticide masquerading as politics." Senator Coleman thinks that's funny, but I think it's the most profound description of that era that I have ever read--infanticide masquerading as politics.

Offline Harconen

« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2009, 11:00:38 pm »
2003 invasion of Iraq

liberated 12 year old

"Can you help get my arms back? Do you think the doctors can get me another pair of hands? If I don't get a pair of hands I will commit suicide," cried Ali Ismaeel Abbas, 12 (above, left). Ali's story was carried by the UK Mirror, not CNN or the Fascist News Channel (otherwise known as Fox). On Fox and CNN, only bad men hooked up with Saddam get blasted, not innocent kids like this. "Before the war I did not regard America as my enemy," said Dr. Sadek al-Mukhtar. "Now I do. War should be against the military. America is killing civilians." -http://nimmo.blogspot.com

Offline Harconen

« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2009, 11:05:50 pm »
http://globalresearch.ca/articles/CHO504C.html

The Mysterious Death of Marla Ruzicka:
The US Military has Detailed Statistics on Civilian Casualties
by Michel Chossudovsky
www.globalresearch.ca   24 April 2005

There have been several documented cases of assassinations of journalists and aid workers in Iraq, not to mention the attempted  assassination of Italian journalist Giuliana Sgrena:
My Truth by Giuliana Sgrena, http://globalresearch.ca/articles/SGR504A.html

Affaire Sgrena : Les USA ne veulent pas d'indiscrets en Irak, par Geert van Moorter, http://globalresearch.ca/articles/MOO504A.html

Bush administration clears US troops in slaying of Calipari and wounding of Sgrena by Wayne Madsen, http://globalresearch.ca/articles/MAD503A.html

Giuliana Sgrena Shooting: 'Trigger-Happy' Troops or Attempted Assassination? by Ritt Goldstein,  http://globalresearch.ca/articles/GOL503A.html

Psycho-Wars The Role of US Agents Provocateurs in Iraq by William Bowles, http://globalresearch.ca/articles/BOW410B.html

Assassination of Reuters Cameraman, who uncovered evidence of Mass US Casualties in Iraq, Recipe for Terror by Felicity Arbuthnot  http://globalresearch.ca/articles/ARB311A.html

Who was behind the Attack on the Red Cross in Baghdad? by Michel Chossudovsky, http://globalresearch.ca/articles/CHO310A.html

Killing the "Unembedded Truth" by Michel Chossudovsky http://globalresearch.ca/articles/CHO304B.html

www.ericblumrich.com/crime.html
December 2003
This has come to my attention, via http://www.informationclearinghouse.info Information Clearing House.
In this video you will see an american serviceman shooting an iraqi insurgent dead. Needless to say, this video is for MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY.
That being said, I will comment on this video...
You will clearly see that the iraqi is crawling AWAY from the source of fire. He is obviously wounded, and is no threat to the american soldier who subsequently kills him, from dozens of yards away.
This, by definition, is a war crime, under the Geneva Convention regarding the wounded and captive.
What is most frightening are the cheers of his fellow marines, and the subsequent interview with the war criminal- he beams at the camera, and exults:
"I mean, afterwards you're like, hell, yeah, that was awesome. Let's do it again." with an expression that's like any high-school student who just lost his virginity.
Look closely at his exultant, flushed face- this is the face of a WAR CRIMINAL- he might look like a flushed, energetic teenager, but in reality, he's no better than any of Hussein's brutal thugs, or a Gestapo agent exulting after shooting his first jew.
Investigations, solely on my part, are being conducted. I WILL find this young criminal's name, and will make DAMNED sure that he isn't going to get away with this.

www.nbcsandiego.com/news/4153541/detail.html

Marine General's Blunt Comments Draw Fire
Some Audience Members Clap
POSTED: 6:36 pm PST February 1, 2005
UPDATED: 12:52 pm PST February 3, 2005
SAN DIEGO -- At a panel discussion in San Diego Tuesday, a top Marine general tells an audience that, among other things, it is "fun to shoot some people."
General's Comment Draw Fire
The comment, made by Lt. Gen. James Mattis, came in reference to fighting insurgents in Iraq. He went on to say, "Actually, its a lot of fun to fight. You know, it's a hell of a hoot. I like brawling."
"You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for 5 years because they didn't wear a veil," Mattis continued. "You know, guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them."
About 200 people gathered for the discussion, held at the San Diego Convention Center. While many military members laughed at the comments, a military expert interviewed by NBC 7/39 called the comments "flippant."
"I was a little surprised," said Retired Vice Adm. Edward H. Martin. "I don't think any of us who have ever fought in wars liked to kill anybody."
Mattis also discussed operational tactics of the war, calling on military members not to underestimate the capacity of terrorists.
Mattis leads Camp Pendleton's 1st Marine Division in Iraq. He is in charge of the Marine Corps combat development and is based in Quantico, Va.

April 4, 2003
The Mantra of Our Time "Support" or Treason? By TOM GORMAN
www.counterpunch.org/gorman04042003.html
The Uniform Code of Military Justice specifically states that members of the military must obey the lawful orders of their superiors; implicit in this is that they are allowed to disobey unlawful orders. More explicit is one of the supreme laws of the land mentioned above, the Nuremberg Principles: "The fact that a person acted pursuant to order of his Government or of a superior does not relieve him from responsibility under international law, provided a moral choice was in fact possible to him." This was the principle under which people were hanged at Nuremberg; you cannot argue that you were "just following orders." Thus, any person, military or civilian, is responsible for their actions if they violate international law. There is an important exception, though. An individual is responsible only if "a moral choice was in fact possible to him [or her]." It is debatable whether members of the American military have such a choice, given that they are so often pushed into the service by socioeconomic circumstance, are relentlessly brainwashed into following orders without question, and have a diminished capacity for moral reasoning intentionally drilled into them.

photos of what is happening to human beings:
Iraqi and US, civilian and military (very graphic)
www.thememoryhole.org/war/gulfwar2/
www.cryptogon.com/2003_03_23_blogarchive.html#91347083

Offline Harconen

« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2009, 11:14:15 pm »

www.wsws.org/articles/2002/sep2002/news-s04.shtml
"Newsweek exposé of war crimes in Afghanistan whitewashes US role"
In a scene reminiscent of crowds of European Jews being packed into cattle cars on their way to the Nazi death camps, the Taliban prisoners continued to arrive by the truckload over the next three days, with 150 to 300 packed into each container. As the doors locked behind them, they realized they would not be returning home, as promised, but were being left to die. ....
The Newsweek report establishes prima facie evidence of war crimes. It acknowledges the presence of US military personnel on the scene at various stages of the atrocities. Finally, statements by Donald Rumsfeld and other US officials demonstrate that the killing of Taliban prisoners was a matter of US policy. Taken together, these facts are sufficient to warrant, and in fact urgently require, a full and independent war crimes investigation in which officials not only of the Northern Alliance, but also of the US military and the Bush administration are prosecuted.

Offline Harconen

« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2009, 11:15:56 pm »
www.truthout.org/docs_04/051804A.shtml

Atrocities in Iraq: 'I Killed Innocent People for Our Government'
    By Paul Rockwell
    Sacramento Bee
    Sunday 16 May 2004
"We forget what war is about, what it does to those who wage it and those who suffer from it. Those who hate war the most, I have often found, are veterans who know it."
- Chris Hedges, New York Times reporter and author of "War Is a Force That Gives Us Meaning"
    For nearly 12 years, Staff Sgt. Jimmy Massey was a hard-core, some say gung-ho, Marine. For three years he trained fellow Marines in one of the most grueling indoctrination rituals in military life - Marine boot camp.
    The Iraq war changed Massey. The brutality, the sheer carnage of the U.S. invasion, touched his conscience and transformed him forever. He was honorably discharged with full severance last Dec. 31 and is now back in his hometown, Waynsville, N.C.
    When I talked with Massey last week, he expressed his remorse at the civilian loss of life in incidents in which he himself was involved.
    Q: You spent 12 years in the Marines. When were you sent to Iraq?
    A: I went to Kuwait around Jan. 17. I was in Iraq from the get-go. And I was involved in the initial invasion.
    Q: What does the public need to know about your experiences as a Marine?
    A: The cause of the Iraqi revolt against the American occupation. What they need to know is we killed a lot of innocent people. I think at first the Iraqis had the understanding that casualties are a part of war. But over the course of time, the occupation hurt the Iraqis. And I didn't see any humanitarian support.
    Q: What experiences turned you against the war and made you leave the Marines?
    A: I was in charge of a platoon that consists of machine gunners and missile men. Our job was to go into certain areas of the towns and secure the roadways. There was this one particular incident - and there's many more - the one that really pushed me over the edge. It involved a car with Iraqi civilians. From all the intelligence reports we were getting, the cars were loaded down with suicide bombs or material. That's the rhetoric we received from intelligence. They came upon our checkpoint. We fired some warning shots. They didn't slow down. So we lit them up.
    Q: Lit up? You mean you fired machine guns?
    A: Right. Every car that we lit up we were expecting ammunition to go off. But we never heard any. Well, this particular vehicle we didn't destroy completely, and one gentleman looked up at me and said: "Why did you kill my brother? We didn't do anything wrong." That hit me like a ton of bricks.
    Q: He spoke English?
    A: Oh, yeah.
    Q: Baghdad was being bombed. The civilians were trying to get out, right?
    A: Yes. They received pamphlets, propaganda we dropped on them. It said, "Just throw up your hands, lay down weapons." That's what they were doing, but we were still lighting them up. They weren't in uniform. We never found any weapons.
    Q: You got to see the bodies and casualties?
    A: Yeah, firsthand. I helped throw them in a ditch.
    Q: Over what period did all this take place?
    A: During the invasion of Baghdad.
    'We Lit Him up Pretty Good'
    Q: How many times were you involved in checkpoint "light-ups"?
    A: Five times. There was [the city of] Rekha. The gentleman was driving a stolen work utility van. He didn't stop. With us being trigger happy, we didn't really give this guy much of a chance. We lit him up pretty good. Then we inspected the back of the van. We found nothing. No explosives.
    Q: The reports said the cars were loaded with explosives. In all the incidents did you find that to be the case?
    A: Never. Not once. There were no secondary explosions. As a matter of fact, we lit up a rally after we heard a stray gunshot.
    Q: A demonstration? Where?
    A: On the outskirts of Baghdad. Near a military compound. There were demonstrators at the end of the street. They were young and they had no weapons. And when we rolled onto the scene, there was already a tank that was parked on the side of the road. If the Iraqis wanted to do something, they could have blown up the tank. But they didn't. They were only holding a demonstration. Down at the end of the road, we saw some RPGs (rocket-propelled grenades) lined up against the wall. That put us at ease because we thought: "Wow, if they were going to blow us up, they would have done it."
    Q: Were the protest signs in English or Arabic?
    A: Both.
    Q: Who gave the order to wipe the demonstrators out?
    A: Higher command. We were told to be on the lookout for the civilians because a lot of the Fedayeen and the Republican Guards had tossed away uniforms and put on civilian clothes and were mounting terrorist attacks on American soldiers. The intelligence reports that were given to us were basically known by every member of the chain of command. The rank structure that was implemented in Iraq by the chain of command was evident to every Marine in Iraq. The order to shoot the demonstrators, I believe, came from senior government officials, including intelligence communities within the military and the U.S. government.
    Q: What kind of firepower was employed?
    A: M-16s, 50-cal. machine guns.
    Q: You fired into six or ten kids? Were they all taken out?
    A: Oh, yeah. Well, I had a "mercy" on one guy. When we rolled up, he was hiding behind a concrete pillar. I saw him and raised my weapon up, and he put up his hands. He ran off. I told everybody, "Don't shoot." Half of his foot was trailing behind him. So he was running with half of his foot cut off.
    Q: After you lit up the demonstration, how long before the next incident?
    A: Probably about one or two hours. This is another thing, too. I am so glad I am talking with you, because I suppressed all of this.
    Q: Well, I appreciate you giving me the information, as hard as it must be to recall the painful details.
    A: That's all right. It's kind of therapy for me. Because it's something that I had repressed for a long time.
    Q: And the incident?
    A: There was an incident with one of the cars. We shot an individual with his hands up. He got out of the car. He was badly shot. We lit him up. I don't know who started shooting first. One of the Marines came running over to where we were and said: "You all just shot a guy with his hands up." Man, I forgot about this.
    Depleted Uranium and Cluster Bombs
    Q: You mention machine guns. What can you tell me about cluster bombs, or depleted uranium?
    A: Depleted uranium. I know what it does. It's basically like leaving plutonium rods around. I'm 32 years old. I have 80 percent of my lung capacity. I ache all the time. I don't feel like a healthy 32-year-old.
    Q: Were you in the vicinity of depleted uranium?
    A: Oh, yeah. It's everywhere. DU is everywhere on the battlefield. If you hit a tank, there's dust.
    Q: Did you breath any dust?
    A: Yeah.
    Q: And if DU is affecting you or our troops, it's impacting Iraqi civilians.
    A: Oh, yeah. They got a big wasteland problem.
    Q: Do Marines have any precautions about dealing with DU?
    A: Not that I know of. Well, if a tank gets hit, crews are detained for a little while to make sure there are no signs or symptoms. American tanks have depleted uranium on the sides, and the projectiles have DU in them. If an enemy vehicle gets hit, the area gets contaminated. Dead rounds are in the ground. The civilian populace is just now starting to learn about it. Hell, I didn't even know about DU until two years ago. You know how I found out about it? I read an article in Rolling Stone magazine. I just started inquiring about it, and I said "Holy s---!"
    Q: Cluster bombs are also controversial. U.N. commissions have called for a ban. Were you acquainted with cluster bombs?
    A: I had one of my Marines in my battalion who lost his leg from an ICBM.
    Q: What's an ICBM?
    A: A multi-purpose cluster bomb.
    Q: What happened?
    A: He stepped on it. We didn't get to training about clusters until about a month before I left.
    Q: What kind of training?
    A: They told us what they looked like, and not to step on them.
    Q: Were you in any areas where they were dropped?
    A: Oh, yeah. They were everywhere.
    Q: Dropped from the air?
    A: From the air as well as artillery.
    Q: Are they dropped far away from cities, or inside the cities?
    A: They are used everywhere. Now if you talked to a Marine artillery officer, he would give you the runaround, the politically correct answer. But for an average grunt, they're everywhere.
    Q: Including inside the towns and cities?
    A: Yes, if you were going into a city, you knew there were going to be ICBMs.
    Q: Cluster bombs are anti-personnel weapons. They are not precise. They don't injure buildings, or hurt tanks. Only people and living things. There are a lot of undetonated duds and they go off after the battles are over.
    A: Once the round leaves the tube, the cluster bomb has a mind of its own. There's always human error. I'm going to tell you: The armed forces are in a tight spot over there. It's starting to leak out about the civilian casualties that are taking place. The Iraqis know. I keep hearing reports from my Marine buddies inside that there were 200-something civilians killed in Fallujah. The military is scrambling right now to keep the raps on that. My understanding is Fallujah is just littered with civilian bodies.
    Embedded Reporters
    Q: How are the embedded reporters responding?
    A: I had embedded reporters in my unit, not my platoon. One we had was a South African reporter. He was scared s--less. We had an incident where one of them wanted to go home.
    Q: Why?
    A: It was when we started going into Baghdad. When he started seeing the civilian casualties, he started wigging out a little bit. It didn't start until we got on the outskirts of Baghdad and started taking civilian casualties.
    Q: I would like to go back to the first incident, when the survivor asked why did you kill his brother. Was that the incident that pushed you over the edge, as you put it?
    A: Oh, yeah. Later on I found out that was a typical day. I talked with my commanding officer after the incident. He came up to me and says: "Are you OK?" I said: "No, today is not a good day. We killed a bunch of civilians." He goes: "No, today was a good day." And when he said that, I said "Oh, my goodness, what the hell am I into?"
    Q: Your feelings changed during the invasion. What was your state of mind before the invasion?
    A: I was like every other troop. My president told me they got weapons of mass destruction, that Saddam threatened the free world, that he had all this might and could reach us anywhere. I just bought into the whole thing.
    Q: What changed you?
    A: The civilian casualties taking place. That was what made the difference. That was when I changed.
    Q: Did the revelations that the government fabricated the evidence for war affect the troops?
    A: Yes. I killed innocent people for our government. For what? What did I do? Where is the good coming out of it? I feel like I've had a hand in some sort of evil lie at the hands of our government. I just feel embarrassed, ashamed about it.
    Showdown with Superiors
    Q: I understand that all the incidents - killing civilians at checkpoints, itchy fingers at the rally - weigh on you. What happened with your commanding officers? How did you deal with them?
    A: There was an incident. It was right after the fall of Baghdad, when we went back down south. On the outskirts of Karbala, we had a morning meeting on the battle plan. I was not in a good mindset. All these things were going through my head - about what we were doing over there. About some of the things my troops were asking. I was holding it all inside. My lieutenant and I got into a conversation. The conversation was striking me wrong. And I lashed out. I looked at him and told him: "You know, I honestly feel that what we're doing is wrong over here. We're committing genocide."
    He asked me something and I said that with the killing of civilians and the depleted uranium we're leaving over here, we're not going to have to worry about terrorists. He didn't like that. He got up and stormed off. And I knew right then and there that my career was over. I was talking to my commanding officer.
    Q: What happened then?
    A: After I talked to the top commander, I was kind of scurried away. I was basically put on house arrest. I didn't talk to other troops. I didn't want to hurt them. I didn't want to jeopardize them.
    I want to help people. I felt strongly about it. I had to say something. When I was sent back to stateside, I went in front of the sergeant major. He's in charge of 3,500-plus Marines. "Sir," I told him, "I don't want your money. I don't want your benefits. What you did was wrong."
    It was just a personal conviction with me. I've had an impeccable career. I chose to get out. And you know who I blame? I blame the president of the U.S. It's not the grunt. I blame the president because he said they had weapons of mass destruction. It was a lie.

Offline Harconen

« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2009, 11:19:10 pm »
Blair, the war criminal
Tam Dalyell
Thursday March 27, 2003
The Guardian http://politics.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,9115,922572,00.html

My constituency Labour party has just voted to recommend that Tony Blair reconsider his position as party leader because he gave British backing to a war against Iraq without clearly expressed support from the UN.
    I agree with this motion. I also believe that since Mr Blair is going ahead with his support for a US attack without unambiguous UN authorisation, he should be branded as a war criminal and sent to The Hague.
    I have served in the House of Commons as a Labour member for 41 years, and I would never have dreamed of saying this about any one of my previous leaders. But Blair is a man who has disdain for both the House of Commons and international law.
    This is a grave thing to say about my leader. But it is far less serious than the results of a war that could set western Christendom against Islam.
    The overwhelming majority of international lawyers, including several who advise the government (such as Rabinder Singh, a partner in Cherie Booth's Matrix Chambers), have concluded that military action in Iraq without proper UN security council authorisation is illegal under international law. The Foreign Office's deputy legal adviser, Elizabeth Wilmhurst, resigned on precisely this point after 30 years' service. This puts the prime minister and those who will be fighting in his and President Bush's name in a vulnerable legal position. Already lawyers are getting phone calls from anxious members of the armed forces.
    Blair accuses opponents of war of "appeasement" - in spite of the fact that, in many cases, their active opposition to Saddam's dictatorship well predates his. (I signed the 1987 early day motion against arms exports to Iraq. Blair and Gordon Brown didn't.) If anyone is the "appeaser" it is Blair, in his support for the US government's pre-emptive attack on Saddam.
    I am not anti-American. I was a member of the executive of the British-American parliamentary group. I share at one remove four times over a grandmother with Harry S Truman, and I hope to attend the celebrations in Missouri in May to mark the anniversary of his birthday.
    But many in this country think the fundamentalists now running the White House are using Blair's support as a fig leaf against their critics. It is useful for these people to say to their opponents: "But a British Labour prime minister supports us."
    If Britain had made it clear months ago that we would not be party to a US attack on Iraq, US public opinion itself might have stopped this war.
    Many in the Labour party believe Blair has misunderstood the pressing danger. It comes not from Iraq, but from terrorism. If there is a link between al-Qaida and Saddam Hussein, it is this: Osama bin Laden hates Saddam Hussein. On at least two occasions Bin Laden's organisation has tried to assassinate Saddam. The effect of this war, however, could well be to bring the pair together. This is a war that will strengthen terrorism.
    I don't think that Blair really understands the horrors of modern-day warfare. In 1994 I visited Baghdad (all expenses paid by me) and saw the carbonated limbs of women and children who had been impregnated against a wall by the heat of just one cruise missile. In the current war, hundreds of cruise missiles have been launched just to soften up the enemy.
    We are told that the US intends to use incapacitating bio-chemical and depleted-uranium weapons. We are receiving information that the it intends to use war in Iraq as an opportunity to test out a range of weapons: cluster aviation bombs with self-guided munitions and pulse bombs being examples.
    The UN was created in response to the indiscriminate horror of modern warfare in the 1940s. The UN's charter describes its role as saving "future generations from the scourge of war". Surely that means that all those who claim to uphold the UN charter should pursue peaceful solutions to their limits?
    The draft work plans of the UN weapons inspectorate make clear that the inspectors believed they could have made real progress down their non-violent path to disarmament. The Labour party will not tolerate a leader who takes the country into an avoidable war.
    As Napoleon and Hitler found with the snow at the gates of Moscow, so Blair and Bush might find that the biggest weapon of mass destruction they encounter, before the gates of Baghdad, is the sun. They might be wise to pull out troops now, before they are cooked in the sands of the desert while laying seige to the city. They may lose political face; but the careers of Bush and Blair are of little consequence compared to environmental mayhem and military agony.
    · Tam Dalyell is Labour MP for Linlithgow and Father of the House of Commons. A longer version of this article appears in Red Pepper magazine.
    · www.redpepper.org.uk

Offline Harconen

« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2009, 11:21:01 pm »
New Workhorse of U.S. Military: A Bomb With Devastating Effects
www.newhousenews.com/archive/wood031303.html

the work of the 2,000-pound Mark-84 JDAM (Joint Direct Attack Munition) bomb, the new workhorse of the U.S. military, is just beginning. In nanoseconds it will release a crushing shock wave and shower jagged, white-hot metal fragments at supersonic speed, shredding flesh, crushing cells, rupturing lungs, bursting sinus cavities and ripping away limbs in a maelstrom of destruction. ...

As the Mark-84 JDAM strikes the ground, its fuse ignites a priming charge that detonates 945 pounds of Tritonal, a silvery solid of TNT mixed with a dollop of aluminum for stability.
    The ensuing chemical reaction produces an expanding nucleus of hot gas that swells the Mark-84's 14-inch-wide cast steel casing to almost twice its size before the steel shears and fractures, showering a thousand pounds of white-hot steel fragments at 6,000 feet per second and driving a shock wave of several thousand pounds per square inch.

Metal fragments will travel about 3,800 feet, nearly three-quarters of a mile. Bigger fragments of the bomb -- heavy pieces of the thick metal nose cone, for instance -- will sail out a mile and a half

Offline Harconen

« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2009, 11:25:50 pm »
Israelis trained US troops in Jenin-style urban warfare
By Justin Huggler in Amman
29 March 2003 http://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/story.jsp?story=391823
The American military has been asking the Israeli army for advice on fighting inside cities, and studying fighting in the West Bank city of Jenin last April, unnamed United States and Israeli sources have confirmed.

Reaping What Has Been Sown
Prisoners, Torture and Hypocrisy
By DAVID LINDORFF
www.counterpunch.org/lindorff03262003.html

Offline Harconen

« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2009, 11:42:12 pm »

A US imperialist baby-killing militarist tank destroys an Iraqi home, killing a whole family of infant babies and dozens of puppies under the rubble.

http://songun-blog.blogspot.com/2005/05/yet-even-more-us-imperialists-war.html

Offline AncientChild

« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2009, 11:51:35 pm »
This shit has got to stop. But ty, Harconen, for having the perseverance to get these posts up. This thread should be top of the boards, every day, until it stops. God damn.

Offline birgit

• A red pill a day- keeps NWO at bay
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2009, 11:51:35 pm »
http://masters-of-war.org/deathculture2.html

I should  not have  gone here..That was  too much  to go to sleep on...OMG
 when we  will reap our judgement for this, I pray that is  more mercy for us than  what we  have on these babies, their mothers the children..OMG! OMG!!!!
 I sit here  crying,  the sheer  helplessness  to change any of this.
OMG!  and  the  worst  of  this. I know  I cannot send  this  to anyone.... they will claim its all made up, or they will hate me  for  showing this  to them.
 How  can you ever be  the same? How can you deal  with this knowledge? this  is so beyond vile
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
TRUTH  is  INCONTROVERTIBLE

Malice   may  attack it
Ignorance  may  deride it
     But in the  end...
             HERE  IT IS ! 
                      ~ unknown

Offline Harconen

« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2009, 12:08:31 am »
This shit has got to stop. But ty, Harconen, for having the perseverance to get these posts up. This thread should be top of the boards, every day, until it stops. God damn.

Again, I give my thanks to AJ and Sane and to all good people from this site for opportunity to let the truth be told. Eyes must be open. Time is for action, we all must spread the truth, or we all will end like this. NWO have no mercy, we must open peoples eyes to it.

Offline Harconen

« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2009, 12:14:48 am »
I should  not have  gone here..That was  too much  to go to sleep on...OMG
 when we  will reap our judgement for this, I pray that is  more mercy for us than  what we  have on these babies, their mothers the children..OMG! OMG!!!!
 I sit here  crying,  the sheer  helplessness  to change any of this.
OMG!  and  the  worst  of  this. I know  I cannot send  this  to anyone.... they will claim its all made up, or they will hate me  for  showing this  to them.
 How  can you ever be  the same? How can you deal  with this knowledge? this  is so beyond vile
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Same thing here. But, we must be strong and spread the truth. We must do that for all the victims, for our souls.

Offline Harconen

« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2009, 12:17:28 am »
Obama, Clinton, Pelosi mass murders continue

http://www.thewe.cc/weplanet/asia/afghanistan/afghanistan.html

Offline Harconen

« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2009, 12:22:37 am »
US media covers up American war crimes in Iraq

Every day, US military forces in Iraq are attacking civilian populations in a calculated effort to drown a growing popular insurgency in blood.

But one would hardly know the dimensions or brutality of the atrocities being carried out in the name of the American people from the sparse and sanitized coverage provided by the major press and broadcast outlets that purport to disseminate “the news.”

The US media•owned and controlled by a handful of huge corporate conglomerates•play an indispensable role in the mass murder of Iraqi men, women and children. Together with the Bush administration and the two major parties of US imperialism•the Democratic Party and its presidential candidate John Kerry, no less than their Republican rivals•the media are complicit in a crime against humanity of immense proportions, one that dwarfs any crimes committed by the various political leaders who have been targeted for destruction by the American ruling elite in recent years: from Panama’s Noriega, to Serbia’s Milosevic, to Saddam Hussein himself.

One can stare at the 24-hour cable news networks from sunup to sundown and get no sense of the carnage in towns and cities from Baghdad, to Fallujah, to Ramadi, to Hilla in the south and Tal Afar in the north that is left in the wake of US rockets, bombs, tank shells and sniper rounds. The evening news reports of the major networks provide at most a fleeting image of the death and destruction, inevitably hedged with absurd avowals from the US military that “precision” attacks were carried out against “terrorist” and “anti-Iraqi” targets.

As for the press, one day’s front-page report of US helicopter attacks on unarmed civilians or air strikes against urban centers is eclipsed the next day by the latest hurricane threat or new poll numbers on the upcoming election•an election in which no discussion of the legitimacy of the US subjugation of Iraq or the real war aims behind the bogus ones used to promote the war is permitted.

No country’s media is more cowardly, or more artful in churning out the official line and excluding any serious criticism or analysis, than that of the USA. It would be absurd to hold up the British media as a model of conscientious and objective reporting, but even there, articles occasionally appear that provide some insight into the reality of the situation in Iraq.

The Guardian newspaper, for example, on Tuesday carried an eyewitness account on its front page of the American helicopter attack on unarmed Iraqis that occurred Sunday in central Baghdad. Thirteen Iraqis were killed and dozens were wounded when US copters repeatedly fired rockets into a crowd that had gathered around a disabled American armored vehicle on Haifa Street, near the Green Zone that houses the US and British embassies and the offices of Washington’s puppet government.

For the benefit of our readers around the world, and especially in the US, we give here some excerpts from the chilling and tragic account provided by Guardian columnist Ghaith Abdul-Ahad, who was himself wounded while covering the US assault.

Abdul-Ahad describes at least four separate rocket strikes by American helicopters against the unarmed Iraqis•documenting that the helicopters returned several times to fire on those seeking to remove the dead and wounded from the first missile strike.

“When I was 50 m away I heard a couple of explosions and another cloud of dust rose across the street from where the first column of smoke was still climbing,” he writes. “People started running towards me in waves. A man wearing an orange overall was sweeping the street while others were running. A couple of helicopters in the sky overhead turned away.”

He runs for cover, and then: “A few seconds later, I heard people screaming and shouting•something must have happened•and I headed towards the sounds, still crouching behind a wall. Two newswire photographers were running in the opposite direction and we exchanged eye contact.

“About 20 m ahead of me, I could see the American Bradley armoured vehicle, a huge monster with fire rising from within. It stood alone, its doors open, burning. I stopped, took a couple of photos and crossed the street towards a bunch of people. Some were lying in the street, others stood around them. The helicopters were still buzzing, but further off now.”

The reporter continues: “I felt uneasy and exposed in the middle of the street, but lots of civilians were around me. A dozen men formed a circle around five injured people, all of whom were screaming and wailing.”

Abdul-Ahad’s belief that the presence of so many unarmed civilians afforded protection from a further US strike was shattered in short order. “I had been standing there taking pictures for two or three minutes when we heard the helicopters coming back. Everyone started running, and I didn’t look back to see what was happening to the injured men. We were all rushing towards the same place: a fence, a block of buildings and a prefab concrete cube used as a cigarette stall.

“I had just reached the corner of the cube when I heard two explosions. I felt hot air blast my face and something burning on my head. I crawled to the cube and hid behind it. Six of us were squeezed into a space less than two metres wide. Blood started dripping on my camera but all that I could think about was how to keep the lens clean. A man in his 40s next to me was crying. He wasn’t injured, he was just crying.

“I was so scared I just wanted to squeeze myself against the wall. The helicopters wheeled overhead, and I realised that they were firing directly at us.”

The helicopters moved away, and the reporter went back onto the street to record the carnage and help the wounded and dying. Then: “More kids ventured into the street, looking with curiosity at the dead and injured. Then someone shouted ‘Helicopters!’ and we ran. I turned and saw two small helicopters, black and evil. Frightened, I ran back to my shelter where I heard two more big explosions.... I reached a building entrance when someone grabbed my arm and took me inside. ‘There’s an injured man. Take pictures•show the world the American democracy,’ he said.”

It is hardly necessary to point out that no major US media outlet has taken note of the Guardian’s damning account of Sunday’s bloodletting in the center of Baghdad. Most US newspapers on Tuesday relegated to their inside pages news reports of yet another round of US air and artillery attacks on Fallujah, carried out Monday.

The Iraqi Health Ministry said 20 were killed and 39 wounded in the strikes. Aljazeera reported that those killed included the driver of an ambulance and six passengers, whose vehicle was struck by a jet-fired missile near the northern gate of the city. “Every time we send out an ambulance, it gets targeted,” the director of the Fallujah hospital told the Arab newspaper.

Aljazeera also reported that US missiles destroyed three homes in the city’s al-Shurta neighborhood, American shells hit a market place, and US tanks fired on homes in the al-Jughaivi neighborhood near the city’s northern gate.

The Washington Post, in a page-19 article, noted the attacks on Fallujah neighborhoods and the ambulance fatalities, but reported without comment the official US line that the attacks were directed against a “suspected hideout” of associates of Abu Musab Zarqawi. It printed the Goebbels-like handout from the US military: “Based on the analysis of these [intelligence] reports, Iraqi Security Forces and multi-national forces effectively and accurately targeted these terrorists while protecting the lives of innocent civilians.”

The New York Times ran a front-page commentary focused not on the death and suffering being inflicted on the Iraqi people, but rather on the danger that the US military’s bloodletting against insurgent towns could backfire. It warned of the “classic dilemma faced by governments battling guerrilla movements: ease up, and the insurgency may grow; crack down, and risk losing the support of the population.”

This description is itself a cynical deception, as the Times well knows. The very fact that the US feels obliged to step up the slaughter and target civilian populations testifies to the fact that Washington and its stooge government are hated and despised by the Iraqi masses. Talk of a risk of “losing the support of the population” is an attempt to maintain the myth that the anti-US resistance is the work of a small minority of Baathist “hard-liners” and foreign terrorists, and the equally absurd claim that the US is in Iraq to establish “democracy.”

In reality, the US media’s disinformation operation is among the most striking and significant expressions of the collapse of American democracy.
By Barry Grey - http://www.aboutterror.net/Content/Articles/Default.php?guide=c917e31.10.08.06.30.56

Offline Harconen

« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2009, 12:27:44 am »
Just 3 pictures… about IMPERIALISM, INVASION and WAR CRIME.

http://djiin.wordpress.com/2008/01/10/

Offline Harconen

« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2009, 12:36:13 am »
Vengeance, Blackwater Style: US Military and Western Mainstream Media trying to conceal War Crimes committed in Fallujah

http://www.thepeoplesvoice.org/cgi-bin/blogs/voices.php/2008/01/05/p22346

Innocent non-armed people, young woman and her children.

Every time I read a story published in Western mainstream media about what transpired in Fallujah in 2004 during two US assaults on the city I feel sick.

The evidence proving that the United States committed war crimes, slaughtering innocent men, women and children is irrefutable. The US military’s use of chemical weapons is irrefutable. The destruction of a city amounting to collective punishment is irrefutable. All of this occurred because four Blackwater mercenaries were killed by Iraqis who were trying to protect their city form what we now know as “America's Private Army”.

I have tried to understand why Western mainstream media has remained complicit in its coverage and reporting of this event, and I believe I have found the answer.

Yesterday, The Washington Times reported that “a secret intelligence assessment of the first battle of Fallujah shows that the U.S. military thinks that it lost control over information about what was happening in the town, leading to ‘political pressure’ that ended its April 2004 offensive with control being handed to Sunni insurgents.” This propaganda piece continues to state that “the decision to order an immediate assault on Fallujah, in response to the televised killing of four contractors from the private military firm Blackwater, effectively prevented the Marine Expeditionary Force charged with retaking the town from carrying out ‘shaping operations,’ such as clearing civilians from the area, which would have improved their chances of success.”

According to the article “Crucial to the failure…was the role of the Arabic satellite news channels Al Jazeera and Al Arabiya… ‘They filmed scenes of dead babies from the hospital… Comparisons were made to the Palestinian intifada. Children were shown bespattered with blood; mothers were shown screaming and mourning day after day.’”

The damning part of this article, which explains why Western mainstream media has continued to turn a blind eye to what happened in Fallujah is presented in the last two paragraphs. “…later in 2004, when U.S.-led forces successfully retook Fallujah, they brought with them 91 embedded reporters representing 60 press outlets, including Arabic ones. ‘False (sic) allegations of non-combatant casualties were made by Arab media in both campaigns, but in the second case embedded Western reporters offered a rebuttal,’ the authors said.”

Did everyone catch that? While all other embedded and non-embedded journalist were reporting that innocent men, women and children were being massacred, “embedded Western reporters” were denying these reports. Do you feel sick yet? You should be by this time, especially if you remember that during World War II, Nazi ‘news’ sources never reported on German War Crimes, and if they did, they used words such as “false allegations”, “military action”, “informational battle”, “successfully retook”, and “presumably killed”. How appalling would those that died during World War II in the fight to stop fascism find his type of propaganda in the United States?

If you would like to know what really happened in Fallujah, then watch the following short excerpt from a lecture by Dahr Jamail, an award winning unembedded American journalist who was in Fallujah at the time of the US assault.

Further information on American War Crimes in Fallujah through the following documentaries:

Dahr Jamail on what happened in Fallujah US War Crimes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoYADmA_gb0&eurl=http://www.chycho.com/?q=node/1513

Fallujah: The Hidden Massacre http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8905191678365185391&hl=en-CA

Fallujah: Operation Phantom Fury http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5763436135046925462&hl=en-CA

-###-

January 5, 2008 By chycho. Visit his blog: http://www.chycho.com/?q=node/1513

deconstructmyhouse

« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2009, 12:40:53 am »
Harconen:
THANK YOU

Offline Harconen

« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2009, 12:45:32 am »
People of Fallujah
U.S. WAR CRIMES: US Weapon: White Phosphorus
Tue Mar 8, 2005 15:50

More on the US Weapon: White Phosphorus

FULL STORY:
http://www.uruknet.info/?p=10211&hd=0&size=1&l=x

A side benefit of white phosphorus is that white phosphorus smoke is toxic and readily penetrates protective mask filters. Phosphorus smokes are generated by a variety of munitions. Some of these munitions such as the MA25 (155-mm round) may, on explosion, distribute particles of incompletely oxidized white phosphorus.

These weapons are particularly nasty because white phosphorus continues to burn until it disappears. If service members are hit by pieces of white phosphorus, it could burn right down to the bone. Remove quickly all clothing affected by phosphorus to prevent phosphorus burning through to skin. If this is impossible, plunge skin or clothing affected by phosphorus in cold water or moisten strongly to extinguish or prevent fire. Then immediately remove affected clothing and rinse affected skin areas with cold sodium bicarbonate solution or with cold water. Moisten skin and remove visible phosphorus (preferably under water) with squared object (knife-back etc.) or tweezers. Do not touch phosphorus with fingers! Throw removed phosphorus or clothing affected by phosphorus into water or allow to bum in suitable location.

Cover phosphorus burns with moist dressing and keep moist to prevent renewed inflammation. It is neccessary to dress white phosphorus-injured patients with saline-soaked dressings to prevent reignition of the phosphorus by contact with the air. Systemic toxicity may occur if therapy is not administered. Therapy consists of topical use of a bicarbonate solution to neutralize phosphoric acids and mechanical removal and debridement of particles.

A Wood’s lamp in a darkened room may help to identify remaining luminescent particles. The early signs of systemic intoxication by phosphorus are abdominal pain, jaundice, and a garlic odor of the breath; prolonged intake may cause anemia, as well as cachexia and necrosis of bone, involving typically the maxilla and mandible (phossy jaw).

The presenting complaints of overexposed workers may be toothache and excessive salivation. There may be a dull red appearance of the oral mucosa. One or more teeth may loosen, with subsequent pain and swelling of the jaw; healing may be delayed following dental procedures such as extractions; with necrosis of bone, a sequestrum may develop with sinus tract formation. In a series of 10 cases, the shortest period of exposure to phosphorus fume (concentrations not measured) that led to bone necrosis was 10 months (two cases), and the longest period of exposure was 18 years.

White phosphorus fume causes severe eye irritation with blepharospasm, photophobia, and lacrimation; the solid in the eye produces severe injury. Phosphorus burns on the skin are deep and painful; a firm eschar is produced and is surrounded by vesiculation. Signs and symptoms include irritation of the eyes and the respiratory tract; abdominal pain, nausea, and jaundice; anemia, cachexia, pain, and loosening of teeth, excessive salivation, and pain and swelling of the jaw; skin and eye burns. Phossy jaw must be differentiated from other forms of osteomyelitis. With phossy jaw, a sequestrum forms in the bone and is released from weeks to months later; the sequestra are light in weight, yellow to brown, osteoporotic, and decalcified, whereas sequestra from acute staphylococcal osteomyelitis are sharp, white spicules of bone, dense and well calcified. In acute staphylococcal osteomyelitis, the radiographic picture changes rapidly and closely follows the clinical course, but with phossy jaw the diagnosis sometimes is clinically obvious before radiological changes are discernible. It is good dental practice to take routine X-ray films of jaws, but experience indicates that necrosis can occur in the absence of any pathology that is visible on the roentgenogram.
MORE U.S. WAR CRIMES

US Chemical Munitions

• M60 105mm: http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/m60_105.htm

• M360 105mm: http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/m360.htm

• M104 155mm: http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/m104.htm

• M110A1/A2 155mm: http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/m110.htm

• M121/A1 155mm: http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/m121_155.htm

• M122 155mm: http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/m122.htm

• M687 155mm: http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/m687.htm

• M426 8-inch: http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/m426_8.htm

• M23 landmine: http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/m23.htm

• M55 rocket: http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/m55.htm

[ Ref. http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/usa/cbw/cw.htm ]

US Hypocrisy and statement of the opposite of truth – a commentary

Utah Daily Herald article "Keep mustard gas out of Utah" complains at movement of chemical weapons shipments in Utah state, mentioning its possible use in Iraq during the Iraq-Iran war, but fails to mention its use in the last 12 months against the people of Fallujah who were already under occupation. This beggars belief: not only has the mainstream media failed to question the very unusual collective punishment by aerial bombardment of Iraq, it continually attempts to reinforce notions that the vicious and brutal war on Iraq has ended, using language such as "during the Iraq war" in an attempt to make its readership reference the war in the past tense – even as air strikes continue to this day [ March 2005 ]

Offline Harconen

« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2009, 12:51:01 am »
I think that we find an answer on why US soldiers are committing suicide.

Offline Harconen

« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2009, 12:55:29 am »
War Crimes Tribunal

http://www.the7thfire.com/Politics%20and%20History/War-Crimes.htm

Journalism is (or used to be) the profession of gathering and presenting a broad panorama of news about the events of our times and presenting it to readers for their own consideration. We believe in the intelligence, judgment and wisdom of our readers to discern for themselves among the data which appears on this site that which is valid and worthy...or otherwise.

Offline Harconen

« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2009, 01:08:03 am »
Afghan Convoy of Death

Littered with burned tanks, trucks, cars and Iraqi corpses, the stretch of road from Kuwait to Basra has been deemed the “Highway of Death”; the American-perpetrated atrocity is viewed by many as a war crime — due in no small part to the deliberate carpet-bombing of a stretch of highway where hysterical Iraqis became landlocked in traffic. Above: American soldiers pry open the car trunks and take as much ammunition and as many weapons as they can carry. (Source: CBC, www.cbc.ca).

http://heartsandmindsredux.wordpress.com/collateral-damage/us-war-crimes-in-afghanistan/

Offline Harconen

« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2009, 01:11:28 am »
Iraqis Slaughtered During U.S. Occupation

Winning Hearts & Minds: U.S. Troops Sacrificed in Iraq
4,491...and counting... (Officially acknowledged KIA)

Cost of the Iraq War
$514,243,393,097

Offline kidA

« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2009, 01:14:58 am »
but what I don't get is how can these young soldiers do this????
5 o'clock news is a f*#cking fantasy!

Offline Harconen

« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2009, 01:18:14 am »
but what I don't get is how can these young soldiers do this????

Asking myself same thing.

Offline Harconen

« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2009, 01:24:22 am »
Iraq Deaths

The number is shocking and sobering. It is at least 10 times greater than most estimates cited in the US media, yet it is based on a scientific study of violent Iraqi deaths caused by the U.S.-led invasion of March 2003.

Sign the petition http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/1439/petition.jsp?petition_KEY=668 telling Congress that about a million Iraqis have likely been killed since the U.S.-led invasion in 2003. Help us expose to Congress the true costs of war.

A study, published in prestigious medical journal The Lancet, estimated that over 600,000 Iraqis had been killed as a result of the invasion as of July 2006. Iraqis have continued to be killed since then. The death counter provides a rough daily update of this number based on a rate of increase derived from the Iraq Body Count http://www.iraqbodycount.org/ . (See the complete explanation http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/deathcount/explanation .)

The estimate that over a million Iraqis have died received independent confirmation from a prestigious British polling agency in September 2007. Opinion Research Business estimated that 1.2 million Iraqis have been killed violently since the US-led invasion.

This devastating human toll demands greater recognition. It eclipses the Rwandan genocide and our leaders are directly responsible. Little wonder they do not publicly cite it. You can use the simple HTML code above to post the counter to your website to help spread the word.

Add your name to the petition telling Congress that about a million Iraqis have likely been killed since the U.S.-led invasion in 2003.

Help us continue this important work with a tax-deductible contribution.

See the list of some folks we know have posted the counter.

http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/iraq

Offline Harconen

« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2009, 01:38:15 am »
Aegis “Trophy Video”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REiJf5sdVb4

The Aegis trophy video first appeared on www.aegisIraq.co.uk. [1] – the site states: “This site does not belong to Aegis Defence Ltd, it belongs to the men on the ground who are the heart and soul of the company.” The clips have been removed.