Author Topic: Secret IBM Document from 2006: Pandemic Plan Overview  (Read 50356 times)

Offline Intruth

Secret IBM Document from 2006: Pandemic Plan Overview
« on: September 06, 2009, 06:45:22 pm »

Services and Procurement Pan IOT Europe
Pandemic Plan Overview

*There is a 100% chance that a pandemic will occur in the next 5 years.

* During the pandemic, a maximum of 30% of the workforce will be available.

*We will plan 2 waves of the pandemic, each lasting 12 weeks each, separated by a 12 week "breather" period.

*There will be One Trigger from Corporate VP probably a few days ahead of WHO official trigger.

* In each country where we operate, we will respond positively to government requests.

http://www.directlightproductions.com/

The link below only works if you copy and paste it on your addy bar.

http://web.mac.com/donnicoloff/directlightproductions.com/Documents/Entries/2009/9/2_IBM___IOT_PREDICT_2009_FLU_PANDEMIC_%E2%80%94_IN_2006!.html
"I am the way, the TRUTH and the life". Jesus

Offline Intruth

Re: Secret IBM Document from 2006: Pandemic Plan Overview
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 06:56:09 pm »
This document is a smoking gun, please pin!

Offline Intruth

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 07:05:22 pm »

Offline psy0ps

• Groom of the Stool
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 07:20:25 pm »
I like how it says there is a 100 % chance this is going to happen.
bumpage.
"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stomping on a human face -- forever."

Offline lavosslayer

• This is what happens after cats watch Obama...
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 07:23:42 pm »
bumpage.

lol no kidding! its like they don't even care that they are basically giving away the agenda...it's like their saying "you slave scum, we're gonna unleash a pandemic virus, do what we say or you will die!"
"Those who would trade freedom for security deserve neither" -- Benjamin Franklin

Offline Monkeypox

• He Loved Big Brother
    • Monkeypox
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 07:26:59 pm »
bumpage.

There isn't even a 100% chance the Sun will still be here in 5 years.
War Is Peace - Freedom Is Slavery - Ignorance Is Strength

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."

—Thomas Jefferson

Offline Intruth

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 07:31:35 pm »
I got this from a caller on Dr Carley show yesterday that gave the site to look it up. In the interview it sounded like the pandemic was plan A. Now that they see that as many as 28% of the population will refuse to take the vaccination, they will go to plan B which from what I gather is setting off a nuke. I have been seeing this from several different posts. NYC is a probable target soon.

Offline lavosslayer

• This is what happens after cats watch Obama...
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2009, 07:36:46 pm »
I got this from a caller on Dr Carley show yesterday that gave the site to look it up. In the interview it sounded like the pandemic was plan A. Now that they see that as many as 28% of the population will refuse to take the vaccination, they will go to plan B which from what I gather is setting off a nuke. I have been seeing this from several different posts. NYC is a probable target soon.

A NUKE?! DAMMIT!! Then they will blame it on terrorists either domestic or Al'Qaida and the sheeple will believe it then its bye bye republic for good....I seriously hope that's not true...
"Those who would trade freedom for security deserve neither" -- Benjamin Franklin

Berminator

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2009, 07:41:45 pm »
Services and Procurement Pan IOT Europe
Pandemic Plan Overview

*There is a 100% chance that a pandemic will occur in the next 5 years.

*We will plan ( for )2 waves of the pandemic, each lasting 12 weeks each, separated by a 12 week "breather" period.

*There will be One Trigger from Corporate VP probably a few days ahead of WHO official trigger.

* In each country where we operate, we will respond positively to government requests.

good find indeed.

Offline Intruth

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2009, 07:42:16 pm »
I hope its not true also but from my point of view, It sounds like its already in the works. I would stay out of NYC.

Offline Intruth

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2009, 07:49:37 pm »
 This show with Dr Carley interviewing Dr Hodges gives some info on whats going on, factions of the military are gearing up for all out civil war! Share this link with others!
http://216.240.133.177/archives32/Carley/2009/09/Carley_1_090509_140000.mp3
Hour 2
http://216.240.133.177/archives32/Carley/2009/09/Carley_2_090509_150000.mp3

Offline Weasel

• Little Red Hen Garden
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2009, 08:32:57 pm »
Marking this to find on my other computer.   ;)
Say No to the nwo cluckheads - http://littleredhengarden.wordpress.com/

Offline Intruth

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2009, 08:36:41 pm »
Dr Hodges show will be starting a 9:00 central on RBN. He will have more info. I will be listening.
http://republicbroadcasting.org/

Offline Intruth

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2009, 08:51:08 pm »
I found this disturbing link that links IBM to the Nazi Tattooing system. http://www.prisonplanet.com/the_ibm_link_to_auschwitz.html

Offline Intruth

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2009, 09:01:56 pm »
I found this disturbing link that links IBM to the Nazi Tattooing system. http://www.prisonplanet.com/the_ibm_link_to_auschwitz.html
So they Go from Tattoo's to RFID chips, IBM is the parent company of Verichip. Whats next? >:(

Offline Intruth

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2009, 09:22:05 pm »
Dr Hodges show will be starting a 9:00 central on RBN. He will have more info. I will be listening.
http://republicbroadcasting.org/
Dr Hodges just said that Glenn Beck will expose the Swine flu Vaccine next week! Look what happened to Van Jones. If this goes down then plan 2 will be more in play.

Offline chris jones

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2009, 09:46:24 pm »
Panademic.

Nice name for mass murder, they have their spin methods with wording, enhanced interrogation-nice name for torture. Pre emptive attacks-genocide.

We are looking into the eyes of the beast. The mentall straightjackets are in tact, The power has seen to this.

Who amongst us is not a tad in fear of the goverments tactics used domestically. Of their alphabet agencys that are capable of arrest on suspicion, no charges. Their false falgs,hit teams, vaccines, panademics,our nation in debt, the lies and deceptions are constant.  

These parasites are our supposed elected officials, duty bound to the constitution and the citizenry of this nation. SURE THEY ARE??, this is not the America that has been beaten into our minds, this is an insane crew of sociapathic demigods who seek our demise and our absolute domination.

Time for the sheeple to put down the flag, analyse the abominations surrouding us and wake the FK up. To open their minds. To liberate their souls.

Those of us who have familys, children, What will they have for a life, if they survive the masters plan. Its up to us, yes us, to push the truth at every possible moment, to march, to demonstrate, to remain without fear. FEAR the cutting edge of their program, their plan, they use it daily. The other side of fear is rage, focused rage,and the righteous objective to stop the perpetrators of death.

Free men, couragous men die but once, slaves die daily, slowly a bit at a time. Our free will as guarenteed by a higher source , a much higher one than the socipathic maggots who control the masses.

This document, displays their intent. We are no longer the citizenry of this nation, no longer the voice of America, we have not been for many a decade, They have burried the masses under the deceptions of elected officals, voting, our famed Gov. will protect us. LIES and DECEPTIONS.

For one, I do not fear death I am facing it, it is inevitable, but at the hands of these fake human beings, I can not accept that, especialy so for my children, and for that matter any innocents.

I have prayed to the creator I beleive in that I will see the day when humanity becomes rational, when goverments exist for the people, not for their power over us. When sanity returns to this nation and others, when men humble themselves to their conscience. When death is not the highway to power.

This change will ony begin when conscience is supreme, and men of courage stand up.

Was it Nathan Hale who said I have but one life to give for my country. Have you wondered why, it was to see men free from tyrany and oppression. Knowing that he was in effect providing a future and freedom for the heritage of those to come, US.

The power has used the old time rhetoric to fill the minds of the masses with psuedo patriotism. The lies and manipulations began long ago.

Each time I consider the history of those nations that sought an empire, I see failures. The human soul can not be eradicated. The change, our change will begin. We are not slaves. nor will we or our children become brainless bags ot skin and bones doing their powers bidding.

We bring the truth to people, soon enough the Govs actions will too bring the truth as to  what they truly are. At that point the tide will turn.
We will overcome.

Offline Intruth

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2009, 11:12:55 pm »
Thanks Infowarrior and Chris! Sounds like the Hegelian dialect in action. Problem reaction solution and make a buck or two in the process.

Offline Bacchanea

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2009, 12:07:23 am »
So they Go from Tattoo's to RFID chips, IBM is the parent company of Verichip. Whats next? >:(

Go pick up the book "IBM and the Holocaust" by Edwin Black. A very difficult read. Very disturbing.

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2009, 12:22:36 am »
Bump.
And  the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, 
Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren,  ye have done it unto me.

Matthew 25:40

Offline NMTO

• All Will Stand
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2009, 04:44:26 am »
This show with Dr Carley interviewing Dr Hodges gives some info on whats going on, factions of the military are gearing up for all out civil war! Share this link with others!
http://216.240.133.177/archives32/Carley/2009/09/Carley_1_090509_140000.mp3
Hour 2
http://216.240.133.177/archives32/Carley/2009/09/Carley_2_090509_150000.mp3

Dr. Hodges said that on his common sense program he was going to be going over RFID chips.  I am interested in hearing this program, do you have an mp3 link?

Offline Intruth

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2009, 07:33:41 am »
Dr. Hodges said that on his common sense program he was going to be going over RFID chips.  I am interested in hearing this program, do you have an mp3 link?
His show was last night from 9-11. Opps there are those numbers again. He had a lady guest on that was an expert on RFID chips. They also talked about GPS. I do not have a MP3 link but will keep an eye out for you. It was on RBN

One thing I do remember was that the Cencus workers Marking you front doors GPS coordinates is not a US thing but a global (UN) thing. They are marking every dwelling in the world, and can use those coordinates to guide smart drones to your door.

Offline Intruth

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2009, 09:05:54 am »
Go pick up the book "IBM and the Holocaust" by Edwin Black. A very difficult read. Very disturbing.
http://www.prisonplanet.com/the_ibm_link_to_auschwitz.html

Offline chris jones

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2009, 11:42:28 am »
Hi Infowars, great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Online TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2009, 08:58:35 pm »

With everyone sick maybe I can get my job back  ( ;-} )
Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole ; He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. - Job 5

Offline adissenter2

• Revolt Time
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2009, 03:55:45 am »
bump
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! Molon Labe! Come and take them!

Offline Intruth

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2009, 09:34:33 am »
http://www.infowars.com/ibm-knew-about-pandemic-in-2006/

Looks like Kurt Nimo finally read my post ;D

Mike Philbin

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2009, 09:53:30 am »
I know it's ONLY an assumption, as proposed in this document, but it should still say, "There will be a pandemic within five years."

that's what it should have said, imho. There's no such thing as a 100% chance - that's (technically) a grammatical oxymoron.

clear, simple, no fuddy-duddying.

:)

Offline squarepusher

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2009, 10:26:30 am »
Does it talk about detainment camps? That seems to have been IBM's forte in the past (and for anyone who STILL doesn't know about this - please google 'IBM And The Holocaust' please).
Infowars Wiki - Help make this become the official wiki of Infowars.com - contribute!

Offline ekimdrachir

• METATRON ON
    • Go Outside
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2009, 10:54:27 am »
this is big

luckee1

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2009, 10:59:19 am »
http://www.infowars.com/ibm-knew-about-pandemic-in-2006/

Looks like Kurt Nimo finally read my post ;D

Stuff like this you might want to put in news tips so they can find it faster or email them.  or pm admin

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2009, 12:05:48 pm »
IBM's 2007 False Flag Bio-terrorism pandemic test run
-
A Success?

Remote virus-hit island seeks aid
 http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7126563.stm

Britons living in what is described as the remotest community in the world are seeking help after the outbreak of an acute virus.  Many of the 271 British citizens living on the volcanic island of Tristan da Cunha, in the south Atlantic, have developed severe breathing problems.  They need to ensure that their current medical supplies do not run out.  An international operation to provide help is being led by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.  BBC world affairs correspondent Mike Wooldridge said the islanders were being affected by what appears to be an outbreak of viral-inducted asthma, which causes severe breathing problems.  Tristan da Cunha's one resident doctor, a South African, has issued an appeal for medical supplies.  The South African Marine Rescue Co-ordination Centre was alerted first and informed British coastguards.  The volcanic island has no airstrip, making getting medicines there difficult.  However, merchant ships in the area are unlikely to have the necessary drugs on board and a coastguard spokesman said there were no British military vessels nearby at present.  Viruses have swept through the island before but Michael Swales, chairman of the Tristan da Cunha association, said he could not recall medicines becoming exhausted on previous occasions.  He said there was particular concern about the health of the elderly and the very young.

Isolated
Resident Rosemary Glass told BBC Radio Cornwall that the island's tiny four-bed hospital was full to overflowing last week, but some patients had since gone home leaving three people in hospital.  "It makes people chesty and it's hard for them to breathe," Mrs Glass said of the illness mainly affecting the elderly and children.  Tristan da Cunha is situated 2,800 km west of Cape Town, South Africa, and is part of a small group of islands.  It was at one time on the main trading route between Europe and the Indian Ocean, but the small community living there is now extremely isolated.  The community of 275 people describe themselves as living in the world's most isolated settlement.  The island is famous for a mass evacuation to Southampton in the 1960s after a volcano erupted.  The main island is about 38 sq miles (98 sq km) and the currency is the British pound.
_____________________________________-

Guys this island is the perfect testbed for state sponsored bio-terror tests.  isolated, cannot get off the island.

they will get no help as they are studied and monitored.

----------------------------------

Back up 2 weeks:
-------------------------------
World's Most Remote Island Gets Advanced Medical Support From Team Led by IBM, UPMC and Beacon Equity Partners
Real-Time Telemedicine Solution for Tristan da Cunha Brings Promise of Improved Medical Resources to Isolated Populations Everywhere

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/marketwire/0328939.htm
November 14, 2007: 11:59 PM EST

The world's most remote inhabited island can now access advanced telemedical care, thanks to services and support from a high-technology team led by IBM (NYSE: IBM), Beacon Equity Partners and the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC). Tristan da Cunha is located more than 1,665 miles west of Cape Town, South Africa, and is accessible only by a boat trip lasting a week or more. Some 270 British Citizens call the island home.

IBM, Beacon Equity Partners, and UPMC today joined Medweb and the Government of Tristan da Cunha in announcing the successful implementation of "Project Tristan." This tested and proven remote medical solution combines medical equipment, satellite communications and remotely supported electronic health-record (EHR) technology, allowing medical experts from anywhere in the world to assist island clinicians in their daily practices with medical diagnoses and emergency support.

Until recently, the island's only physician, Dr. Carel Van der Merwe, has had to rely upon minimal technology and limited medical support. Working from a hospital without so much as its own telephone to provide care for patients, he has often performed life-saving diagnoses and procedures without proper equipment or specialized expertise. Lacking a communications system that could accept email attachments, help in interpreting X-Rays or EKGs, he has depended on digital images scanned, printed and faxed to specialists thousands of miles away, delaying diagnoses by days. With no airstrip on the island, emergency evacuation or outside medical intervention has been and remains today virtually impossible.

Project Tristan was conceived by Edward Mullen, Chairman of Beacon Equity Partners, and Paul Grundy, MD, MPH, and IBM's Director of Healthcare Technology and Strategic Initiatives, as a way to honor the memory of a close friend, Thomas Wiese. It was implemented with the guidance and support of UPMC, as well as of Dr. Richard Bakalar, Chief Medical Officer for IBM, who also established the Navy's first integrated Telemedicine Office at the National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, MD, prior to joining IBM. Dr. Bakalar is also President of the American Telemedicine Association.

Project Tristan, which is based on open standards and runs on the Linux Operating System, is expected to greatly enhance the island's level of medical care and standard of living. The island's physician is now able to electronically capture and share medical data and information, including X-Rays and EKGs as well as pulmonary function evaluations and video camera examinations with physician consultants. Satellite communications will enable clinicians to provide real-time diagnostic advice and suggested treatments to the attending physician.

"The ability to share medical data quickly and easily will be a life saver for our residents," said Dr. Van der Merwe. "By joining forces, IBM, Beacon Equity Partners, Medweb and UPMC have not only created the capability to bring critical, patient-centric care to our remote island, but also to other distant locations around the world -- on land or sea -- that require constant connection to expert medical resources."

Contributions from each team member were as follows:

-- IBM: Solution co-development, integration and project management for the telemedicine system provided to Tristan da Cunha. Products and services included staffing, on-site installation of the system (requiring a 25 day service call because of the limited means of getting to the island), financial resources, IBM xSeries servers provided to Medweb and high-resolution monitors.

-- Beacon Equity Partners: Co-development of the concept and funding for the project.

-- Medweb: Medweb servers and software and additional medical input devices including a computed radiography system for digital X-Ray; integration of ECG, digital cameras, spirometry and video conferencing capabilities; configuration and testing, remote installation, training and sustained support services on an ongoing basis, including primary technical and help desk services.

-- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center: With its widely recognized experience in telemedicine in the U.S. and abroad, UPMC volunteered to help plan and implement Project Tristan. Additionally, UPMC offered clinical professional service to the island, including medical consultations on request; secure and reliable access to robust and comprehensive multimedia medical data on Tristan patients from the Medweb Telemedicine solution; and ongoing remote training to support Project Tristan as needed.

-- SOAPware®: Project Tristan features cutting-edge, remotely supported Electronic Health Record (EHR) technology courtesy of SOAPware, Inc. This solution has more installed sites and is in use in more nations than any other.

"Connecting the most remote inhabited spot on the face of the earth, Tristan da Cunha, to advanced medical care in real time and over the Internet is proof that the world is really flat. This is a big step towards providing everyone access to centers of healthcare excellence regardless of geographical location," said Paul Grundy, MD, MPH, IBM's executive sponsor for Project Tristan and Director of IBM's Healthcare Technology and Strategic Initiatives. "It's now possible to monitor a patient's heart and remotely change the setting on a pacemaker or make a complex fracture diagnoses over a satellite Internet connection -- even in an environment where the closest advanced care via a ship would otherwise have taken a week to reach the Island and another to return to the mainland for care."

In dedicating Project Tristan to the memory of Weiss, who was lost to cancer in 2006 after a lifetime of helping others, the parties share a vision of the project's potential impact around the world. "Thomas had enormous energy and enthusiasm for reaching out to others," said Ed Mullen. "It is in memory of his spirit, resolve and guiding principles that our team has worked to deploy Tristan on Tristan da Cunha. Our unanimous goal is to expand this advanced telemedical solution to improve healthcare in remote locations around the world."

----------------------------------

IBM and university partner to help residents of world's remotest island
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/11/16/america/NA-GEN-US-Remote-Atlantic-Island-Health-Care.php
The Associated Press Published: November 16, 2007

Van der Merwe said he has worked in other remote locations, but always had the possibility of evacuation if a patient needed more specialized treatment. That's impossible on Tristan da Cunha, where there is no air travel and it takes a seven-day boat ride to get to the mainland, he said. "It's a pretty unique situation, so having the possibility of backup is actually I think it's quite fantastic," Van der Merwe said by telephone Wednesday. Dr. Scott Harrington, medical director of UPMC's Communications Center, said the hospital system can tap into its vast resources to provide specialists to consult with Van der Mewr on virtually any issue that arises. Harrington said UPMC already has remote medical arrangements with several commercial airlines and other clients, but this is the first time they have a dedicated link-up with a remote community.

Dr. Paul Grundy, IBM's Director of Healthcare Technology and Strategic Initiatives, and Edward Mullen, chairman of Boston-based Beacon Equity Partners, came up with the idea for what they dubbed "Project Tristan" last year after talking at the funeral of a mutual friend. They thought helping the residents of this small island would be a nice tribute to their friend, who died of cancer. Grundy had visited Tristan da Cunha as a young child and again in the 1980s. With an interest in remote travel, Grundy would occasionally check out the island's Web site and his interest was piqued when he read that the island was getting Internet access. "It's one of the few places in the world where you have no other route," Grundy said. "Just about anywhere else that telemedicine exists, there are other options in terms of getting out in a meaningful period of time or getting help in a meaningful period of time." Grundy blogged about the idea, and a doctor from UPMC contacted him. Two companies, Medweb and SOAPware, provided the technical know-how. Van der Merwe said he sees patients of every age; four of the island's residents are over 90, another four are under the age of 1. He encounters lots of different maladies on the island, including many asthmatics, and lots of diseases associated with aging. The island of Tristan da Cunha, a British territory, was discovered by a Portuguese admiral, and its namesake, in 1506. Its residents are mostly farmers and fishermen. Van der Merwe said he plans to have regular e-mail contact with the doctors in Pittsburgh so they can get acquainted with his patients there. Grundy noted that this kind of technology has been in use by the military and others for years, but its application in Tristan da Cunha is one-of-a-kind. "It really demonstrates the world is flat in the sense that with that sort of technology you can really link them up and provide care almost anywhere," Grundy said.

--------------------

IBM admits that the entire pandemic scare was a false flag Wargame!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Telemedicine comes home

http://www.economist.com/science/tq/displaystory.cfm?story_id=11482580
The Economist Jun 5th 2008 (7 months after the false flag attack!)

FEW places on earth are as isolated as Tristan da Cunha. This small huddle of volcanic islands, with a population of just 269, sits in the middle of the South Atlantic, 1,750 miles from South Africa and 2,088 miles from South America, making it the most remote settlement in the world. So it is a bad place to fall ill with an unusual disease, or suffer a serious injury. Because the islands do not have an airstrip, there is no way to evacuate a patient for emergency medical treatment, says Carel Van der Merwe, the settlement’s only doctor. “The only physical contact with the outside world is a six to seven day ocean voyage,” he says. “So whatever needs to be done, needs to be done here.”

Nevertheless, the islanders have access to some of the most advanced medical facilities in the world,

thanks to Project Tristan,

an elaborate experiment in telemedicine.

This field, which combines telecommunications and medicine, is changing as technology improves. To start with, it sought to help doctors and medical staff exchange information, for example by sending X-rays in electronic form to a specialist. That sort of thing is becoming increasingly common. “What we are starting to see now is a patient-doctor model,” says Richard Bakalar, chief medical officer at IBM, a computer giant that is one of the companies in Project Tristan.

A satellite-internet connection to a 24-hour emergency medical centre in America enables Dr Van der Merwe to send digitised X-rays, electrocardiograms (ECGs) and lung-function tests to experts. He can consult specialists over a video link when he needs to. The system even enables cardiologists to test and reprogram pacemakers or implanted defibrillators from the other side of the globe. In short, when a patient in Tristan da Cunha enters Dr Van der Merwe’s surgery, he may as well be stepping into the University of Pittsburgh medical centre. It is a great comfort to local residents, says Dr Van der Merwe, knowing that specialist consultations are available.

Most of the technology this requires is readily available, and it was surprisingly simple to set up, says Paul Grundy, a health-care expert at IBM. The biggest difficulty, he says, was to install the satellite-internet link. In theory, this sort of long-distance telemedicine could go much further. In 2001 a surgeon in New York performed a gall-bladder removal on a patient in Paris using a robotic-surgery system called Da Vinci. Although that was technologically impressive, it may not be where the field is heading.

Home is where the technology is
For advances in telemedicine are less to do with the tele- than with the medicine. In the long term, it may be less about providing long-distance care to people who are unwell, and more about monitoring people using wearable or implanted sensors in an effort to spot diseases at an early stage. The emphasis will shift from acute to chronic conditions, and from treatment to prevention. Today’s stress on making medical treatment available to people in remote settings is just one way telemedicine can be used—and it is merely the tip of a very large iceberg that is floating closer and closer to home.

That is because telemedicine holds great promise within mainstream health care. Countless trials are under way to assess technology that can monitor people who have been diagnosed with heart conditions, or diseases like diabetes, from the comfort of their own homes. Rather than having their devices periodically checked at a clinic, some pacemaker patients can now have their implants inspected via mobile phone. That way, they need only visit the clinic when it is absolutely necessary.
The shift to telehealth reflects the broader shift from diagnosis and treatment to “wellness”.

Similarly, BodyTel, based in Germany, is one of several firms to have developed sensors based on Bluetooth wireless technology that can measure glucose levels, blood pressure and weight, and upload the data to a secure web server. Patients can then manage and monitor their conditions, even as they give updates to their doctors. Honeywell, an American industrial giant, has devised a system that patients can use at home to measure peak flow from their lungs, ECG, oxygen saturation and blood pressure, in order to monitor conditions ranging from lung disease to congestive heart failure. Doctors continually review the data and can act, by changing the patients’ medication, for example, if they spot any problems.

This sort of thing appeals to both patients and health-care providers alike. The patients keep their independence and get to stay at home, and it costs less to treat them. And as populations age in developed countries, the prospect of being able to save money by treating people at home looks increasingly attractive.

It is not just people with diagnosed conditions who are starting to receive this kind of equipment. Since 2006, Britain has spent £80m ($160m) on “preventative technology grants” which provide special equipment to enable 160,000 elderly people to stay in their homes.

Most of today’s technology, however, calls on the patients to remember to monitor themselves, and also requires them to operate the equipment. For some patients, such as those in the early stages of Alzheimer’s disease, that is impractical. So a lot of work is being done to automate the monitoring process and make the equipment easier to use.

William Kaiser and his colleagues at the University of California, Los Angeles, have developed a “smart cane” to help monitor and advise people convalescing at home, for example. “It has force sensors that measure pressure at the tip of the cane and around the handle. It also has motion sensors and accelerometers,” says Dr Kaiser. It uses these to calculate the gait of the patient and work out how they are doing with the cane, giving them feedback about how they could make better use of it to recover from, for example, a hip replacement. “It provides guidance, either as beeps or it can talk to you,” he says.

Another approach is to use sensors embedded in the home. Oliver Goh of Implenia, a Swiss building-management firm, has come up with a system to monitor the well-being of the occupant of a house. Using sensors on doors and mattresses, smart pill boxes that can tell when they are being opened, heart-monitors and a location-sensing wristwatch—the system allows carers to keep tabs on elderly people. Implenia now has six elderly volunteers lined up to test the technology, says Mr Goh. He hopes that if they have a heart attack, cannot get out of bed or need help, their carers will soon know. Ultimately, he says, the aim is to see if this sort of approach can help to extend life expectancy.
Prevention is better than cure

Looking even further ahead, some day it may make sense to give these technologies to healthy people, the “walking well”. If sensors can monitor people without a threat to their privacy or comfort, doctors may able to spot diseases before the patient notices any symptoms. “It’s moving from telemedicine to telehealth and teleprevention,” says Dr Grundy of IBM. It could also improve the efficiency of health-care systems, he says.
Illustration by Andy Baker

This kind of approach could save money as well as spotting illnesses early, says Dr Kaiser. “We’ll detect them earlier when the cost of treatment and impact on an individual will be less,” he says. The technology for this does not yet exist, admits John Linkous, executive director of the American Telemedicine Association. “There still isn’t a device that can give you a complete body check,” he says. “But I’m very optimistic about it in the long run.”

One idea is to use wireless infra-red skin sensors to measure blood-count, heart-rhythm and the level of oxygen in the blood. Another is to implant wireless sensors powered by the wearer’s own body heat. Yet another common idea is to use smart toilets that can monitor human waste for the telltale signs of intestinal disease or cancer. The hard part is not so much developing the sensor technology, says Dr Linkous, as sifting through the results. “It would produce a tsunami of data, and the problem is that we aren’t set up with health-care systems that can deal with all that,” he says.

The answer will be even more technology, says Dr Bakalar. “There has to be a way of filtering this information so that it doesn’t overwhelm the medical services,” he says. The obvious approach is to use “expert systems”—software programmed with expert medical knowledge and that can make clinical judgments.

Like telemedicine, expert systems have been around for some time. Trials in Denmark, to advise doctors how to prescribe, suggest the technology has great scope. Sometimes they can reach better clinical judgments than human experts do. But they are not widely used, partly because doctors are unwilling to be bossed around by a computer in the corner, but also because they have been difficult to integrate into medical practice. They could be ideally suited to telehealth, however, quietly sifting through the data generated by sensors and only raising the alarm and calling in their human colleagues when it becomes necessary to do so.

The shift from telemedicine to telehealth reflects a broader shift from diagnosis and treatment to “wellness”. Taken to its technological conclusion, this would involve using wireless sensors and implants to screen entire populations for early signs of disease as they go about their daily lives. If it can be made to work, the days of making an appointment to see your doctor when you are not feeling well could be over. Instead, it may be your doctor who calls you.
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2009, 12:16:04 pm »
IBM

"Let's build a smarter planet...

To make genocide/enslavement easier for the elites!"

IBM Holocaust Agenda is Alive Again
[Now in Color!]

IBM Smarter Traffic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZPQeqAoydQ

IBM Smarter Planet for Industries
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w70c4E-wURU

IBM's Dynamic Infrastructure for a Smarter Planet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBX96t8AOQo

IBM Smarter Petaflop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwfqSzkWu2k

IBM Smarter Way
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eoUDLgFgfY

IBM Smarter Grid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL1JP2T7x4k

IBM's case for a smarter health system
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_CcCTUpFBM

IBM and the Population Control Agenda
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkZPRpe_JsU
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2009, 12:20:26 pm »
As luckee1 has highlighted:

IBM admits that the entire pandemic scare was a false flag Wargame!

Home is where the technology is
For advances in telemedicine are less to do with the tele- than with the medicine. In the long term, it may be less about providing long-distance care to people who are unwell, and more about monitoring people using wearable or implanted sensors in an effort to spot diseases at an early stage. The emphasis will shift from acute to chronic conditions, and from treatment to prevention. Today’s stress on making medical treatment available to people in remote settings is just one way telemedicine can be used—and it is merely the tip of a very large iceberg that is floating closer and closer to home.

[insert] What is to stop them from graduating to tele-euthanasia? [end insert]

That is because telemedicine holds great promise within mainstream health care. Countless trials are under way to assess technology that can monitor people who have been diagnosed with heart conditions, or diseases like diabetes, from the comfort of their own homes. Rather than having their devices periodically checked at a clinic, some pacemaker patients can now have their implants inspected via mobile phone. That way, they need only visit the clinic when it is absolutely necessary.
The shift to telehealth reflects the broader shift from diagnosis and treatment to “wellness”.

Similarly, BodyTel, based in Germany, is one of several firms to have developed sensors based on Bluetooth wireless technology that can measure glucose levels, blood pressure and weight, and upload the data to a secure web server. Patients can then manage and monitor their conditions, even as they give updates to their doctors. Honeywell, an American industrial giant, has devised a system that patients can use at home to measure peak flow from their lungs, ECG, oxygen saturation and blood pressure, in order to monitor conditions ranging from lung disease to congestive heart failure. Doctors continually review the data and can act, by changing the patients’ medication, for example, if they spot any problems.

This sort of thing appeals to both patients and health-care providers alike. The patients keep their independence and get to stay at home, and it costs less to treat them. And as populations age in developed countries, the prospect of being able to save money by treating people at home looks increasingly attractive.

It is not just people with diagnosed conditions who are starting to receive this kind of equipment. Since 2006, Britain has spent £80m ($160m) on “preventative technology grants” which provide special equipment to enable 160,000 elderly people to stay in their homes.

Most of today’s technology, however, calls on the patients to remember to monitor themselves, and also requires them to operate the equipment. For some patients, such as those in the early stages of Alzheimer’s disease, that is impractical. So a lot of work is being done to automate the monitoring process and make the equipment easier to use.
William Kaiser and his colleagues at the University of California, Los Angeles, have developed a “smart cane” to help monitor and advise people convalescing at home, for example. “It has force sensors that measure pressure at the tip of the cane and around the handle. It also has motion sensors and accelerometers,” [insert] hello?  and TRACK? [end insert] says Dr Kaiser. It uses these to calculate the gait of the patient and work out how they are doing with the cane, giving them feedback about how they could make better use of it to recover from, for example, a hip replacement. “It provides guidance, either as beeps or it can talk to you,” he says.

Another approach is to use sensors embedded in the home. Oliver Goh of Implenia, a Swiss building-management firm, has come up with a system to monitor the well-being of the occupant of a house. Using sensors on doors and mattresses, smart pill boxes that can tell when they are being opened, heart-monitors and a location-sensing wristwatch—the system allows carers to keep tabs on elderly people. Implenia now has six elderly volunteers lined up to test the technology, says Mr Goh. He hopes that if they have a heart attack, cannot get out of bed or need help, their carers will soon know. Ultimately, he says, the aim is to see if this sort of approach can help to extend life expectancy.
Prevention is better than cure

Looking even further ahead, some day it may make sense to give these technologies to healthy people, the “walking well”. If sensors can monitor people without a threat to their privacy or comfort, doctors may able to spot diseases before the patient notices any symptoms. “It’s moving from telemedicine to telehealth and teleprevention,” says Dr Grundy of IBM. It could also improve the efficiency of health-care systems, he says.  [insert] again, What is to stop them from graduating to tele-euthanasia? [end insert]

Illustration by Andy Baker

This kind of approach could save money as well as spotting illnesses early, says Dr Kaiser. “We’ll detect them earlier when the cost of treatment and impact on an individual will be less,” he says. The technology for this does not yet exist, admits John Linkous, executive director of the American Telemedicine Association. “There still isn’t a device that can give you a complete body check,” he says. “But I’m very optimistic about it in the long run.”

One idea is to use wireless infra-red skin sensors to measure blood-count, heart-rhythm and the level of oxygen in the blood. Another is to implant wireless sensors powered by the wearer’s own body heat. Yet another common idea is to use smart toilets that can monitor human waste for the telltale signs of intestinal disease or cancer. The hard part is not so much developing the sensor technology, says Dr Linkous, as sifting through the results. “It would produce a tsunami of data, and the problem is that we aren’t set up with health-care systems that can deal with all that,” he says.

The answer will be even more technology, says Dr Bakalar. “There has to be a way of filtering this information so that it doesn’t overwhelm the medical services,” he says. The obvious approach is to use “expert systems”—software programmed with expert medical knowledge and that can make clinical judgments.

Like telemedicine, expert systems have been around for some time. Trials in Denmark, to advise doctors how to prescribe, suggest the technology has great scope. Sometimes they can reach better clinical judgments than human experts do. But they are not widely used, partly because doctors are unwilling to be bossed around by a computer in the corner, but also because they have been difficult to integrate into medical practice. They could be ideally suited to telehealth, however, quietly sifting through the data generated by sensors and only raising the alarm and calling in their human colleagues when it becomes necessary to do so.

The shift from telemedicine to telehealth reflects a broader shift from diagnosis and treatment to “wellness”. Taken to its technological conclusion, this would involve using wireless sensors and implants to screen entire populations for early signs of disease as they go about their daily lives. If it can be made to work, the days of making an appointment to see your doctor when you are not feeling well could be over. Instead, it may be your doctor who calls you.

My God they can track all kinds of activities, um crimethink, um when you are having sex, this is a just a lab island to try stuff out on the general populace of the world