Author Topic: GUN BANS IN AMERICA, HERE IS HOW IT WILL HAPPEN  (Read 53972 times)

Offline Nailer

Re: GUN BANS IN AMERICA, HERE IS HOW IT WILL HAPPEN
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2009, 04:43:19 am »
ALERT ALERT  !!  Illinois Nazi state gun law trying to be passed.

H.R.45
Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009

Sponsor: Rep Rush, Bobby L. [IL-1] (introduced 1/6/2009)
Latest Major Action: 1/6/2009 Referred to House committee.

SUMMARY AS OF: 1/6/2009--Introduced.

Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 - Amends the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act to prohibit a person from possessing a firearm unless that person has been issued a firearm license under this Act or a state system certified under this Act and such license has not been invalidated or revoked. Prescribes license application, issuance, and renewal requirements.

Prohibits transferring or receiving a qualifying firearm unless the recipient presents a valid firearms license, the license is verified, and the dealer records a tracking authorization number. Prescribes firearms transfer reporting and record keeping requirements. Directs the Attorney General to establish and maintain a federal record of sale system.

Prohibits: (1) transferring a firearm to any person other than a licensee, unless the transfer is processed through a licensed dealer in accordance with national instant criminal background check system requirements, with exceptions; (2) a licensed manufacturer or dealer from failing to comply with reporting and record keeping requirements of this Act; (3) failing to report the loss or theft of the firearm to the Attorney General within 72 hours; (4) failing to report to the Attorney General an address change within 60 days; or (5) keeping a loaded firearm, or an unloaded firearm and ammunition for the firearm, knowingly or recklessly disregarding the risk that a child is capable of gaining access, if a child uses the firearm and causes death or serious bodily injury.

Prescribes criminal penalties for violations of firearms provisions covered by this Act.

Directs the Attorney General to: (1) establish and maintain a firearm injury information clearinghouse; (2) conduct continuing studies and investigations of firearm-related deaths and injuries; and (3) collect and maintain current production and sales figures of each licensed manufacturer.

Authorizes the Attorney General to certify state firearm licensing or record of sale systems. See the entire text at
http://www.rightparty.org/

HR 45 - Gun Registration & Tracking! Loss of all Freedom! Quote

(a) In General- In order to be issued a firearm license under this title, an individual shall submit to the Attorney General (in accordance with the regulations promulgated under subsection (b)) an application, which shall include--

(1) a current, passport-sized photograph of the applicant that provides a clear, accurate likeness of the applicant;

(2) the name, address, and date and place of birth of the applicant;

(3) any other name that the applicant has ever used or by which the applicant has ever been known;

(4) a clear thumb print of the applicant, which shall be made when, and in the presence of the entity to whom, the application is submitted;

(5) with respect to each category of person prohibited by Federal law, or by the law of the State of residence of the applicant, from obtaining a firearm, a statement that the individual is not a person prohibited from obtaining a firearm;

(6) a certification by the applicant that the applicant will keep any firearm owned by the applicant safely stored and out of the possession of persons who have not attained 18 years of age;

(7) a certificate attesting to the completion at the time of application of a written firearms examination, which shall test the knowledge and ability of the applicant regarding--

(A) the safe storage of firearms, particularly in the vicinity of persons who have not attained 18 years of age;

(B) the safe handling of firearms;

(C) the use of firearms in the home and the risks associated with such use;

(D) the legal responsibilities of firearms owners, including Federal, State, and local laws relating to requirements for the possession and storage of firearms, and relating to reporting requirements with respect to firearms; and

(E) any other subjects, as the Attorney General determines to be appropriate;

(8) an authorization by the applicant to release to the Attorney General or an authorized representative of the Attorney General any mental health records pertaining to the applicant;

(9) the date on which the application was submitted; and

(10) the signature of the applicant.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 591909 (OP)
1/13/2009 1:20 AM Re: HR 45 - Gun Registration & Tracking! Loss of all Freedom! Quote

(c) Elimination of Prohibition on Establishment of System of Registration- Section 926(a) of title 18, United States Code, is amended by striking the second sentence.

------
This means the fedgov can create a database of all guns in the US...

And here is what will be stored:
----------------

SEC. 202. FIREARM RECORDS.
(a) Submission of Sale or Transfer Reports- Not later than 14 days after the date on which the transfer of qualifying firearm is processed by a licensed dealer under section 922(bb) of title 18, United States Code (as added by section 201 of this Act), the licensed dealer shall submit to the Attorney General (or, in the case of a licensed dealer located in a State that has a State firearm licensing and record of sale system certified under section 602 of this Act, to the head of the State agency that administers that system) a report of that transfer, which shall include information relating to--

(1) the manufacturer of the firearm;

(2) the model name or number of the firearm;

(3) the serial number of the firearm;

(4) the date on which the firearm was received by the transferee;

(5) the number of a valid firearm license issued to the transferee under title I of this Act; and

(6) the name and address of the individual who transferred the firearm to the transferee.

(b) Federal Record of Sale System- Not later than 9 months after the date of the enactment of this Act, the Attorney General shall establish and maintain a Federal record of sale system, which shall include the information included in each report submitted to the Attorney General under subsection (a).
I am a realist that is slightly conservative yet I have some republican demeanor that can turn democrat when I feel the urge to flip independant.

The truth shall set you free, if not a 45ACP round will do the trick.. HEHE

Offline Nailer

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2009, 05:28:31 am »

http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Technology.htm
Bullet Identification Technology: A modern crime fighting tool

Bullet identification technology, known as an ammunition coding technology, has been developed and will provide law enforcement with modern crime fighting tools. Ammunition coding technology assigns a unique code to every round of ammunition manufactured, and by recording sales records, law enforcement personnel will be able to easily trace the ammunition involved in a crime and have an avenue to pursue and solve even the most difficult cases.

The unique code is micro-laser engraved on factory-produced ammunition. This laser engraving is etched on both the projectile and the inside of the cartridge casing.

Each code will be common to a single box of cartridges and unique from all other ammunition sold. The unique ammunition codes will be tracked and records maintained to identify individual ammunition purchases. The ammunition coding technology will provide a method for law enforcement personnel to trace ammunition purchases and link bullets and cartridge cases found at crime scenes to the initial retail ammunition purchaser.

This system will not necessarily prove who pulled the trigger, but it will provide law enforcement with a valuable lead and a starting point to quickly begin their investigations.

The design of the ammunition coding technology laser engraving system will allow law enforcement personnel to identify the bullet code in cases where as little as 20% of the bullet base remains intact after recovery. Since bullets are designed to keep the base solid and in its original configuration, the likelihood of ammunition codes remaining legible after recovery is very high. Law enforcement testing has already shown a 99% success rate in identifying the ammunition code after bullet recovery.

Benefits of Ammunition Coding Technology for Law Enforcement
Does not require any special training or equipment for law enforcement officials.
Micro-laser engraved bullet and cartridge-case code provides timely and efficient identification by simply using a good magnifying glass.
Eliminates subjectivity in identifying the buyer of the round. In many cases a bullet trace can be initiated at the crime scene.
Code is identifiable in cases where as little as 20% of the base of the bullet is recovered.

Implementation of the Ammunition Coding Technology

The implementation of the ammunition coding technology will require legislation to establish an ammunition sale database. In those states that have already developed and implemented bar-coding systems that include driver's licenses and other forms of identification, the integration of a database system to record ammunition sales will be relatively simple and inexpensive to implement.

How will ammunition coding technology work?

A unique ammunition code will be assigned to each box of new ammunition. Most major ammunition manufacturers already use bar-coding for inventory control and management. Ammunition manufacturers will simply include the ammunition code in their current bar coding system. Ammunition retailers will scan the bar code on each box of bullets along with the purchaser's driver's license or state issued ID. The resulting electronic record would be transferred to a secure computer database that would confidentially maintain individual ammunition sales information.

What are the costs to manufacturers?

There are several well known manufacturers currently producing a significant portion of the current commercially available ammunition in the United States. Each ammunition producer would be required to purchase at least one, if not more, laser engraving machines and ammunition material handlers to produce ACS coded ammunition.

There are several manufacturers who can design and build this equipment. Reliable estimates for a complete set of engraving/material handling equipment range from $300,000 to $500,000 each. A licensing fee for each bullet sold would also be required.

However, since approximately 10 billion bullets are sold in the United States alone each year, equipment costs, once amortized over the number of bullets produced and sold are not significant.   

What is the impact on retailers and consumers?

Ammunition retailers will also have some minor administrative costs. These costs, like other costs associated with doing business will most likely be passed onto the retailer purchaser.

We estimate that the entire ammunition coding process can be implemented without dramatically increasing the purchase price to the end user while maintaining an effective crime fighting system paid for almost exclusively by user fees.

How many unique codes are available?

There are 91 unique characters on a standard computer keyboard. The ammunition coding technology uses these characters in five, six, or seven columns. Typically, ammunition comes in boxes of either 50 or 20, and all bullets in a box will be coded alike. There are 12 common handgun and assault weapon calibers.

This means that ammunition coding technology can accommodate over 21 quadrillion unique bullet codes. Since it is estimated that there are approximately 10 billion bullets sold annually in the United States , and 20-30 billion bullets sold worldwide annually, the ammunition coding technology has the capacity to keep pace with the current rate of sales for decades to come.

1 FBI, Uniform Crime Reports,

Bureau of Justice Statistics, 30th Edition,

Sourcebook of Criminal Justice Statistics,

I am a realist that is slightly conservative yet I have some republican demeanor that can turn democrat when I feel the urge to flip independant.

Offline a ReVoLuTIONarY ideA

« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2009, 10:42:57 pm »
It seems to me these types of threads encourage people to engage in illegal behavior if they do not like a law.

Isn't that against forum rules and antithetical to our professed belief of obeying the law? Or only laws with which we disagree? Hmmmm.

A 'law' passed in violation of the Constitution is not a law, merely an unenforceable pronouncement by Congress. The Constitution is the supreme law of the land. It even says this:

Quote:
This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof...shall be the supreme Law of the Land 

And then of course we get this as you well know:

Quote:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. 

Therefore anything passed by Congress infringing the right of the people to keep and bear arms is not a valid law.

Congress is not sovereign, the Constitution is.
http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/second-amendment-discussion-news/63300-never-give-up-your-guns-4.html

Do as Martin Luther King said: "One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws."

Offline mslynx

« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2009, 01:09:23 am »
I would just like to add a reply that I recieveid from my congressman recently concerning the second amendment. Ohio has not yet put forth the current legislation for state rights BTW, but we are working on it.

Thank you for contacting me regarding our Second Amendment rights. I appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns with me.

Like you, I understand the significance of preserving the right of Americans to bear arms. I firmly believe that the explicit language of the Second Amendment conveys the wisdom of the Founding Fathers and their intent to uphold this liberty forever in our country's future. Accordingly, the Second Amendment's lack of ambiguity is a deliberate attempt to insulate its expression from the passage of time. As such, we in public office must keep the Constitution first and foremost in our minds when formulating public policy.

Opposition to the fundamental right to arm oneself has been waged in the form of state and federal initiatives to restrict the manufacturing, sale, purchasing, and capability of firearms. One such example is the Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009, which proposes a variety of provisions threatening the Second Amendment.  I am adamantly opposed to these intrusive and obstructive attempts, not only because they further degrade the right to bear arms, but more importantly they are a blatant defiance of the Constitution.   

I have always believed that America's founding document and supreme authority must not be subverted if we are to preserve our greatest freedoms. James Madison once said, "Americans need never fear their government because of the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation." As the 111th Congress continues to examine this issue, I assure you that I will work to protect our Second Amendment rights

I hope you will find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any other concerns or questions you may have. You can reach us by phone at (202) 225-2676, or by e-mail through our website at http://jordan.house.gov.

Sincerely,

Jim Jordan
Member of Congress

Fight for the republic my friends. Do not allow anyone to take away the only thing necessary in the constitution!
Step away from your senses! Your senses blind you!

Offline Nailer

« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2009, 01:02:28 pm »
Blair Holt Provision In Feb 17th Stimulus Package Suprise Bill - REQUIRES GUN REGISTRATION!

It was slipped into the stimulus package.

It's named after 16 year old honor student murdered in Obama's Chicago in May of 07.

It's Called "Blair Holt's Firearms Licensing And Record of Sale Act of 2009"

This provision has been kept secret.

It will begin Feb 2010 (one year after the signing of the stimulus package)

Everyone American owning a firearm must possess a permit.

No private sales will be allowed.

Sec. 92 of Title 18 Amended (All guns in the USA will have to be registered w/ no private sales sec 101 no private sales of guns will be allowed)

This will effectively disarm the entire population of the United States

sec 901 amendments will take place one year after the enactment of stimulus package

Source : Gary Bell CFMJ 640 AM Toronto
Sat Mar 14 09

here is what I have found.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/blairholt.asp

Offline Nailer

« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2009, 01:08:35 pm »
The langauge in this bill is so ambiuous that it really gives the government the right to come into your home and check to see if you are following all the rules ;ie; safe storage, availability to anyone under 18 Etc.

" sec.403.Inspections.: In order to ascertain compliance with this Act, the amendments made by this Act, and the regulatios ad orders issued under this Act, the Attorney General may, during regular business hours, enter anyplace in which firearms or firearm products are manufactured, stored, or held, for distribution in commerce, and inspect those areas where the products are so manufactured, stroed, or held." ia this the part where people are reading they can come into our homes to inspect at any time, or during "regular business hours". or is it as i myself am interpreting this to mean a place of business that brokers guns for sale????? the "debate" i am currently having states that the commas in this regualtion can put a whole new meaning on the whole section. so which is this, a place of business or my home? need clarification.....
thank you

http://www.scribd.com/doc/11057958/HR45-Blair-Holts-Firearm-Licensing-and-Record-of-Sale-Act-of-2009-

Offline Nailer

« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2009, 01:18:34 pm »
found in the comment section at infowars.com.

February 15th, 2009 at 9:19 am

wouldn’t congress and the president be committing treason if they don’t uphold the constitution? impaech them all and america will be america again.

HEAR YE, HEAR YE, HEAR YE: In lieu of the pending bill before the house concerning the Second Amendment(a) to the Constitution of the United States of America (HR-45), a new doctrine has been enacted by the citizens of these United States of America on this sixth day of February in the year of 2009.
(a)A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

We the gun owners of America and its citizens, by the gun owners of America and its citizens, for the gun owners of America and its citizens, in order to secure the safety of the citizens and protect our families and to insure the right of every individual herein these United States of America to a life of freedom and liberty and the pursuit of happiness, do hereby declare and mandate that any entity, individual person, group, lobbyist, corporation or government body either state or federal, from this day forward be considered, treated as, and acted upon as the enemy of the people and citizens of these United States of America and shall be considered an act of aggression and war against the citizens of these United States of America should the following criteria apply.

1. Any entity, individual person, group, lobbyist, corporation or government body either state or federal of this country or any other country, wanting to or attempting to either by the passage of bills, laws or mandates, or by forceful execution of police or military, the infringement in any way upon the citizens of the United States of America to keep and bear arms.

2. Any such actions will be considered an act of hostile aggression and an act of war against the citizens of the United States of America and be met with the fullest measure of resistance. These same entities, individual persons, groups, lobbyists, corporations, government bodies either state or federal will be captured if at all possible and tried in the court of the people of the United States of America for treasonous acts against the people of the United States of America. They will be tried, judged and if convicted in OUR court, be sentenced to either imprisonment or death or both.

These are our new laws and mandates. We will not sit idly by while you financially destroy this country of OURS and then allow you to infringe upon OUR second amendment.
Your laws and rules and mandates are hereby nullified and dismissed as frivolous attempts to control the people of the United States of America and insure them harm and or death. YOUR LAWS NO LONGER APPLY!
In other words f**k you and your gun ban laws too…The people of the United States WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS. THERE WILL BE A REVOLUTION.

http://www.infowars.com/dems-use-%E2%80%9Cstimulus%E2%80%9D-as-cover-for-more-gun-control/

Offline stymo1

« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2009, 01:19:13 pm »
Blair Holt Provision In Feb 17th Stimulus Package Suprise Bill - REQUIRES GUN REGISTRATION!

It was slipped into the stimulus package.

Proof please. While i do not doubt the tenacity of our Govt to try to sneak that through, I need to see evidence of such. Can you support the claim with a quote from the stimulus bill showing such? Gov track shows bill's last action as:  Feb 9, 2009: Referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-45

More info on this bill and others here:

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=81941.msg466010#msg466010
" It's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO-2Q

Offline Nailer

« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2009, 01:25:27 pm »
Proof please. While i do not doubt the tenacity of our Govt to try to sneak that through, I need to see evidence of such. Can you support the claim with a quote from the stimulus bill showing such? Gov track shows bill's last action as:  Feb 9, 2009: Referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-45

it was just a rumor ..  I found the statement on infowars about it being just a rumor.

Dems Use “Stimulus” as Cover for More Gun Control

Canada Free Press
February 14, 2009

Dear Concerned Citizen,

The liberals are at it again. In a new bill introduced the first day of the present session of Congress, and with zero coverage from the MSM, H.R. 45 (Blair Holt’s Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009) targets all gun owners in the U.S.A. While the media the world and everyone else is focused on the “phony plan” to spend tax dollars legislation is sneeking through the House and Senate for more gun control. 

This nefarious bill seeks to strip us all of our Constitutional Rights to possess and bear firearms of any distinction. It requires, within the first two years, that all new guns be registered. The bill goes retroactive after two years. Meaning that two years after the passage of the bill, ALL FIREARMS in a citizen’s possession must be registered, not just those purchased after the bill passes, and this apparently applies to antique firearms as well.

Select Here to Reject Gun Bans and Fax to all 100 Senators and all 435 House Representatives

Every five years the firearm owner must go through a complete renewal process for each weapon owned. Failure to comply carries stiff penalties including confiscation of the firearms and jail time (penalties as high as ten years imprisonment in some cases). The bill also authorizes government searches without warrant, the creation of a federal bureaucracy to monitor firearm possession, etc.

The following is a summary of the bill as provided by the Congressional Research Service. If you read the whole bill, you’ll find it will effectively preclude the ownership of any firearms by law-abiding people unless directly licensed by the Attorney General :

1/6/2009–Introduced. Blair Holt’s Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 - Amends the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act to prohibit a person from possessing a firearm unless that person has been issued a firearm license under this Act or a state system certified under this Act and such license has not been invalidated or revoked. Prescribes license application, issuance, and renewal requirements.

Prohibits transferring or receiving a qualifying firearm unless the recipient presents a valid firearms license, the license is verified, and the dealer records a tracking authorization number. Prescribes firearms transfer reporting and record keeping requirements. Directs the Attorney General to establish and maintain a federal record of sale system.

Prohibits:

Transferring a firearm to any person other than a licensee, unless the transfer is processed through a licensed dealer in accordance with national instant criminal background check system requirements, with exceptions;
Licensed manufacturer or dealer from failing to comply with reporting and record keeping requirements of this Act;
Failing to report the loss or theft of the firearm to the Attorney General within 72 hours;
Failing to report to the Attorney General an address change within 60 days;
Keeping a loaded firearm, or an unloaded firearm and ammunition for the firearm, knowingly or recklessly disregarding the risk that a child is capable of gaining access, if a child uses the firearm and causes death or serious bodily injury.

Prescribes criminal penalties for violations of firearms provisions covered by this Act. Directs the Attorney General to:

Establish and maintain a firearm injury information clearinghouse;
Conduct continuing studies and investigations of firearm-related deaths and injuries; and
Collect and maintain current production and sales figures of each licensed manufacturer. Authorizes the Attorney General to certify state firearm licensing or record of sale systems.

Like all other threats against our freedoms, we must rise and defeat this bill, slap it down hard.

In order to stop Schumer and Feinstein and there fellow gun-grabbers—we need to let the Congress know with thousands of faxes telling them to leave guns alone.

Americans like you who understand what our Founding Fathers envisioned for our nation…and who are willing to fight to defend our Constitution and for what it stands.

So please, help the Citizens Committee and me defeat those who wish to gut and trash the United States Constitution.

Help me flood the U.S. Senate and the House with the sea of FAXES big enough to drown each and every Senator and Representative willing to vote away the Second Amendment.

Please, send your Donation and FAX TODAY!

Select Here Fax all 535 in the Congress

Keep calling your Senators today, toll free numbers include 1-877-851-6437 and 1-866-220-0044, or call toll 1-202-225-3121 AND REGISTER YOU’RE OUTRAGE at ongoing efforts to take guns away!

CALL PRESIDENT OBAMA, 202-456-1111 and 202-456-1414 expressing your disdain and ABSOLUTE REJECTION of all GUN BANS.

DO NOT BE SILENCED – MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD! 

http://www.infowars.com/dems-use-%E2%80%9Cstimulus%E2%80%9D-as-cover-for-more-gun-control/

Offline Nailer

« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2009, 02:58:00 pm »
http://verumlux.wordpress.com/2009/03/20/albany-county-regulating-the-purchase-of-ammunition/

Albany County: REGULATING THE PURCHASE OF AMMUNITIONFirst Martial Law next door… and now controlling the purchasing of ammunition.  NY residents stand up for this stuff as well as the rest of us… it STARTS here… don’t let it spread!!!

Here is the Albany County Page:
  - http://www.albanycounty.com/legislature/resolutions.asp?id=2371

Here is the PDF since the site was being hammered:
  - 09-ll_a1

And here’s what it says:

LOCAL LAW NO. “A” FOR 2009

A LOCAL LAW OF THE COUNTY OF ALBANY, NEW YORK REGULATING THE PURCHASE OF AMMUNITION IN THE COUNTY OF ALBANY

Introduced: 3/9/09

By Messrs. Steck, Bullock and Ms. Willingham:

BE IT ENACTED by the Albany County Legislature as follows:

Section 1. Intent.

The State of New York has a long history of the licensing and regulation of firearms which balances the rights of gun owners with the necessity to provide for the public safety; the County Legislature finds that the
storage, possession, and sale of ammunition in the County of Albany requires the regulation thereof in the interest of the public safety and that such regulation is in harmony with the State statutes governing the possession of firearms; the County Legislature wishes to encourage the purchase of ammunition for legitimate purposes only.

Section 2. Definitions.

Unless otherwise expressly stated, whenever used in this article, the following words shall have the meanings given to them by this section. When used herein:

AMMUNITION — Any projectile commonly known as a “bullet” or “shell.”

FIREARM — Any weapon from which a shot is discharged by force of an explosive, or a weapon which acts by force of gunpowder, and shall include any weapon capable of being loaded with powder, ball or ammunition, and shall include any weapon which is otherwise capable of being loaded with powder, ball or ammunition, whether completed, assembled or from which any part or piece has been removed therefrom.

PERSON — Any person, firm, partnership, association, corporation, company or organization of any kind.

DEALER — Any person, firm, partnership, corporation or company who engages in the business of purchasing, selling, keeping for sale, loaning, leasing, or in any manner disposing of ammunition.

Section 3. Storage.

Ammunition for sale shall be kept secured at all times when the place in which it is held for sale is not open for business.

Section 4. Sale of ammunition.

A person seeking to purchase ammunition from a dealer shall state the type of firearm for which he or she is purchasing said ammunition and shall identify the firearm as set forth in this local law. Ammunition shall only be sold by dealers to persons possessing a valid firearms license, when a license is required for the type of firearm for which the ammunition is used. When purchasing any other type of ammunition from a dealer, where a firearms license would not be required for the type of ammunition being purchased, a driver’s license shall be required, and the person shall identify the firearm as set forth herein. Ammunition shall only be sold by dealers to persons who comply with the requirements of this local law.

Section 5. Record-keeping.

A record shall be kept by the dealer of each sale of ammunition which shall show the type, caliber and quantity of ammunition sold, the name and address of the person receiving the same, the caliber, make, model, manufacturer’s name and serial number of the firearm for which the purchaser is purchasing ammunition, the date and time of the transaction, and the identifying number of the firearms or driver’s license. Such record shall be maintained for ten years and shall be made available to state and local enforcement agencies upon request.

Section 6. Report of theft or loss to Sheriff’s Department.

Any theft or loss of ammunition from storage shall be reported immediately to the Sheriff’s Department of the County of Albany.

Section 7. Penalties for offenses.

Any person who shall intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly violate or refuse to comply with, or act in concert with another to evade, this article or any provisions thereof shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction thereof, shall be punishable by a fine not exceeding $1,000 or by imprisonment not exceeding one year, or by both such fine and imprisonment in any combination allowable by law.

Section 8. Effective date.

This local law shall take effect 60 days after its approval by the Albany County Legislature.

Referred to Law Committee. 3/9/09

Offline Nailer

« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2009, 07:30:21 pm »
The Remington Ammunition plant in Lonoke Arkansas is running 24/7 and putting out 2.2 million units of ammunition a day and can't keep up with demand.

Offline Unintelligable Name

« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2009, 07:35:25 pm »
The Remington Ammunition plant in Lonoke Arkansas is running 24/7 and putting out 2.2 million units of ammunition a day and can't keep up with demand.

That's a lot of ammo....

And it's just one plant!

Offline Nailer

« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2009, 05:16:32 am »
That's a lot of ammo....

And it's just one plant!

. In the last 4 months alone we bought more than 7.4 billion rounds of ammo over on this side of the big pond. that dosn't include what we already had to start with!But yea, it sucks it will be hard to get more. However, like the line in the movie "You Keep What You Kill".

Offline Nailer

« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2009, 09:24:40 am »
great video , pass it around and use it as a teaching tool for sheeple.  set them and thier minds free of propaganda data.

Gun Control

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RoMqB0VU4U&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Egodlikeproductions%2Ecom%2Fforum1%2Fmessage764720%2Fpg1&feature=player_embedded

Offline Nailer

« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2009, 09:30:14 am »
POLL: Should ANY guns be banned?
Unconstitutional and Hell No. (42)   85.7%
Yes, they f'n kill people. (7)   14.3%
Blank (View Results) (3)

Non-Blank Votes: 49

Offline KoWBoY

• Super Patriot
    • WAR ON YOU
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2009, 05:18:38 am »
POLL: Should ANY guns be banned?
Unconstitutional and Hell No. (42)   85.7%
Yes, they f'n kill people. (7)   14.3%
Blank (View Results) (3)

Non-Blank Votes: 49

Where is this poll from?

Any restriction or ban on firearms is unconstitutional. A lot of legislation gets passed because even pro-gun organizations fall victim to partial bans and/or restrictive laws.
Placement is Key.
Violence Begets Compliance.
Ignorance is Temporary. Stupid is Forever.
I HUNT! Because the voices in my head tell me to.
http://waronyou.com/forums/index.php

Offline Ghost in the Machine

« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2009, 06:57:19 pm »
ur saying theres 80 million guns in the us? thats alot of guns woot how many ppl actually own guns ?

Offline JonTheSavage

« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2009, 12:06:35 am »
true stats.

Doctors
a:700,000 physicians in the U.S.
b:Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year,120,000.
c:Accidental deaths per physician,0.171
Stats courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services.

Guns
a:80,000,000 gun owners in the U.S.
b:1,500 accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups.
c:The number of accidental deaths per gun owner .000188.
Stats courtesy of FBI

Doctors are 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners

We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!!!!!

Other than a Doctor... who wears all white? A butcher.

Offline DireWolf

• Freedom, Liberty & death to the NWO
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2009, 10:56:27 am »
If we are vigilant in our efforts to maintain our sovereignty and resolve to maintain our last vestiges of freedom and liberty we will find it will not be without cost to us, our families, and our friends.

We are not just talking about a ban on firearms in this thread, this discussion in is in fact about our right to exist, to live, breath and be self directed in life.

It was when the King of England sent his men to confiscate the powder and ammunition from the colonists that the Revolutionary War actually began. As then, we now write letters to our representatives (e-mail ) and meet among ourselves to discuss the dire situation we find ourselves in this very day, while king B.O. makes ready his plan of attack to remove from our reach the powder and projectiles we need to make our arms effective.

I believe the catalyst which will once again bring copious amounts of blood to this land will indeed be the issue of our Right to own firearms. Having toured the world as a Marine I can positively assure the difference between a slave and a free man is the firearm(s) he owns.

Our Founding Fathers knew that without this one tool at their disposal ( a firearm ) all the talk, planning, and fist shaking were but puffs of smoke in the wind. Those men and women who risked all to insure we would be able to debate this subject in the here and now counted the cost, knew that they would possibly lose their lives knowing the reward(s) were worth more than the sacrifice.

If they ban guns in America it better well not be before all True Patriots quit breathing, having given their lives for what they know to be the just and moral cause of Freedom, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness, or we will find ourselves in abject slavery wrapped in a pseudo liberty while the boot of oppression and tyranny rests upon our necks.

I am of the old school line of thinking and a Right is to never be taken away from another by man, for man did not give me these rights, they are mine by virtue of being a sentient being. A man may forfeit his right(s) by his own actions, but never arbitrarily removed.

I will defend the cause of Liberty, Justice and Our Right to own Firearms to my last breath. If we stand together they must count the cost and may indeed decide the cost too high, hopefully.
Freedom and Liberty, or slavery and death, your choice, choose wisely.

Offline KoWBoY

• Super Patriot
    • WAR ON YOU
« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2009, 11:24:40 am »
Well put DireWolf. I am there with you. If we lose the Second Amendment we are all lost.
Placement is Key.
Violence Begets Compliance.
Ignorance is Temporary. Stupid is Forever.
I HUNT! Because the voices in my head tell me to.
http://waronyou.com/forums/index.php

Offline AncientChild

« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2009, 11:30:33 pm »
I feel good after this past sunday. I attended a 12 year old girl's birthday party where I shot some skeet for the first time in 20 years. I saw the girl shoot; she shoots in competitions. She is trained by her grandfather, who shot his crazy brother in self defense and walked. Her dad is a veteran of the current Iraq conflict who is a black belt in TaeKwonDo (my instructor) and is trained in Hapkido, kickboxing, Jujitsu, and has fought professionally. Among ten or so others who were out exercising their good ol' 2nd Amendment rights were a former police officer and his wife, also a former police officer who is presently a teacher at the local high school and coach of the softball team.
It was great to see a gathering of 30 or so people, all from different walks of life, out grilling burgers, a bunch of kids in the pool. Shotgun blasts going off (a safe distance away), and no ignorant liberal morons around. I was imagining the reaction of some of these strange people who think guns are evil and dangerous.
But luckily, none of the 12 gauges jumped up of their own volition and went on a killing spree. : )

Offline DireWolf

• Freedom, Liberty & death to the NWO
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2009, 06:49:43 am »
The government banned alcohol once and we know what that led to.

They may indeed "ban" firearms here in the U.S. but making it a crime to own them will not stop anyone from doing if they are of the mind to do so.

It is our responsibility to make the public aware that a Right is non-negotiable and non-revocable, therefore passing a law making guns illegal is in and of itself illegal, thus null and void, which need not to be followed or observed as law.

We must change the mindset of the populace from that of one which has been conditioned to accept that which the few have led the many to believe is law for no other reason than the few wish it so, to a mindset that demands those few we elect do our bidding in a manner that best fulfills our desires and needs.

Until that happens we will have Television educated masses who will indeed believe guns of any sort are bad and should be banned.
Freedom and Liberty, or slavery and death, your choice, choose wisely.