Author Topic: CoIntelPro Provacatuer ALERT! MIAC/SEIU/Rockefeller/GE/WaPo/CFR going nuts!!!  (Read 21620 times)

Offline Waltraut

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/08/anti-health-care-reform-protester-encourages-physical-violence-use-of-firearms.php

Based on the news that health care events are edging into violence, an anti-health care reform protester in New Mexico named Scott Oskay is calling on his hundreds of online followers to bring firearms to town halls, and to 'badly hurt' SEIU and ACORN counter protesters.

Popularized in part by conservative blogger Michelle Malkin, the hashtag symbol he's using, #iamthemob, has gone viral on twitter, appearing several times a minute according to a recent search.

Anti-reform activists have scheduled a protest outside SEIU Missouri offices tomorrow, and officials there are taking these threats seriously.

Late update: Looks like they're also getting death threats by phone.

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
Jay Rockefeller and General Electric have gone completely insane and are laying ground work for false flag provocateur events!  Expose this shit!

Bring video cameras to all events, record everything, especially the suspected provocateurs.

Watch out for the spin.

General Electric stands to make over $200 Billion on this deathcare bill.

General Electric helped the Nazis exterminate millions.

General Electric was involved with the Cho false flag attack at Virginia Tech.

They will reveal their crimes in their propaganda, watch for it!
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline Sasha

• Sasha
SEIU endorsed MO governor Jay Nixon, the same Jay Nixon that supported MIAC until word of his support came back to bite him in his political ass.

For tomorrow's co-intel observers:

Missouri/KS State Council, SEIU
5585 Persing Ave Ste 120
St Louis, MO 63112

SEIU Local 1 - Branch Office
Website
Missouri Division 2725 Clifton Ave
St Louis, MO 63139
Morality is contraband in war.
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Waltraut

So - what is your take on the role of Michelle Malkin in this healthcare stuff recently. What is the goal of neoconservatives? Do they just want to create chaos and gridlock in order to change the house back in their direction in 2010?

She was just invited on This Week with Stephanopoulos (skip ahead a little bit to get to her part)
 I think it's sort of (or not just sort of, but tremendously) hypocritical for her to criticize 'Wall Street Money Men', given her status as a neoconservative. Has 80% of the public forgotten the past two decades, or the Bush era? However, it is entirely in the best interest of neoconservatives to pretend to be populist, and that the debt and unemployment is entirely Obama's fault even though the debt doubled under Bush and he signed the first $700billion bailout.
  I mean, that populist theater is pretty convincing. I've earned under $20k during most of the last 10 years, and $40k in the last two years, but when Bush does his Texas accent and cowboy brush clearing routine (he's from New England and went to Andover and Yale), I find myself subconsciously believing it, and expecting him to have more working class tastes and culture than I do.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sV5H2rN3s8

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
So - what is your take on the role of Michelle Malkin in this healthcare stuff recently. What is the goal of neoconservatives? Do they just want to create chaos and gridlock in order to change the house back in their direction in 2010?

She was just invited on This Week with Stephanopoulos (skip ahead a little bit to get to her part)
 I think it's sort of (or not just sort of, but tremendously) hypocritical for her to criticize 'Wall Street Money Men', given her status as a neoconservative. Has 80% of the public forgotten the past two decades, or the Bush era? However, it is entirely in the best interest of neoconservatives to pretend to be populist, and that the debt and unemployment is entirely Obama's fault even though the debt doubled under Bush and he signed the first $700billion bailout.
  I mean, that populist theater is pretty convincing. I've earned under $20k during most of the last 10 years, and $40k in the last two years, but when Bush does his Texas accent and cowboy brush clearing routine (he's from New England and went to Andover and Yale), I find myself subconsciously believing it, and expecting him to have more working class tastes and culture than I do.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sV5H2rN3s8

everybody is sick of the left/right BS.

Malkin/Beck/Maddow/Olbermann/O'Reilly/Limbaugh/etc. are deperately trying to keep the fake hegelian dialectic alive.

We are all Americans and just wish to be free of these elite psychopaths that control the Obama puppet/the Bush puppet/the clinton puppet/the mccain puppet/etc.

Americans now realize all they do is try and get one group to attack another, these provocateurs only cause problems and stop real progress in this country.  As their ratings go to zero, they are yelling and screaming desperately trying to convince us that 2+2=5.

BTW - MSNBC is talking about JFK's assassination over and over and over again.

NRO/NSA/FBI/CIA/SS/DHS... investigate General Electric/Harriman/Queen Elizabeth's Knights Commanders (Ed Kennedy/Alan Greenspan/George HW Bush/Henry Kissinger/Tommy Franks/Colin Powell/Bill Gates/Shwartzkopf)
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

luckee1

This information is now on twitter?  After being down for how  long?  Fishy! 
Popularized in part by conservative blogger Michelle Malkin, the hashtag symbol he's using, #iamthemob, has gone viral on twitter, appearing several times a minute according to a recent search.

Being it is a CIA front and totally controlled by the powers that be, I suspect this "viral" information.  Sounds like a set up.

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
I think Megan McCain said it best concerning Malkin...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
‘I don’t give a f*ck about Michelle Malkin,’ Meghan McCain Tweets
http://rawstory.com/08/news/2009/08/07/meghan-mccains-f-bomb/
By Ron Brynaert  Published: August 7, 2009

Months after feuding with Ann Coulter, Meghan McCain, the media’s favorite new go-to for quotes, appears to be at war with another prominent conservative female pundit. Even if the lady doth protest by Twitter. Thursday afternoon, Michelle Malkin was asked during a chat at Politico’s The Arena by moderator Fred Barbash, “Who would you say is the most insightful liberal political figure or commentator out there right now? Who is a conservative political figure of commentator who you think needs to shut up?” “Hmmm…interesting question,” Malkin replied. “On the right: Less Meghan McCain. On the left? Tommy Christopher is an honest lib.” Apparently, folks began Tweeting Meghan McCain about the Malkin insult.

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
Obama, GE, Healthcare and Oval Office Cronyism!
Why The Oval Office Is A Wholely Owned Subsidiary OF GE

http://msplaceddemocrat.com/http:/msplaceddemocrat.com/obama-ge-healthcare-and-oval-office-cronyism-or-why-the-oval-office-is-a-wholely-owned-subsidiary-of-ge/
Sunday, 17 May 2009, 17:03

By the way this post is dedicated to Lizzy. Ihope it answers all your questions. Thank you for making me take a closer look at “how GE bought the Oval Office and its current occupant”.

As I wrote earlier GE nows owns Bambi and the White House lock, stock and barrel. GE stands to gain contracts not only in the area of “green initiatives” but in Obamacare, our new socialized health care plan. Interestingly enough Tom Daschle, former HHS nominee and tax cheat extraordinaire is now involved in this health care plan as he sits on the board of GE’s Healthy Imagination which is partnered with Intel, developing “innovative” software to track your medical records.

Jeffrey Immelt discusses partnerships between the Oval Office and businesses:

For all of the carping liberals did for eight years about corporate cronyism in George W. Bush’s White House, they seem to turn a blind eye to the same behavior in President Obama’s. With plans in place for a major overhaul in the health-care industry, General Electric is positioning itself to become a major beneficiary of these health care reforms. (This is why GE supported Bambi along with its news affiliates MSNBC and NBC, which are still in the tank for Obama. Can you hear the kumbayas from MSNBC and NBC during the election? They still echo today in their love affair with all things Bambi and the Bambettes!)

Recently at the Business and Social Responsibility Conference, General Electric Chief Executive Officer Jeff Immelt referred to America’s current economic crisis as part of a “reset” rather than part of an economic cycle, saying, “People who understand that will prosper in the future, and people who don’t understand that will get left behind.”

In the same address, Mr. Immelt, who is also a member of Mr. Obama’s economic recovery advisory board, added, “The intersection of government and business will be changed, maybe for a generation.” In other words, companies should be prepared to beg for a seat at the government’s table if they plan on remaining lucrative.

Glenn Beck and Andrew Wilkow

Let me answer one question that Beck and Wilkow had in their discussion. How did GE get $ 139 billion dollars from the FDIC? They own a savings bank and a financial company.

General Electric Co. said the U.S. government agreed to insure as much as $139 billion in debt for lending arm GE Capital Corp., the second time in a month it has turned to a federal program designed to help companies during a global credit crunch.

Granting GE Capital, which isn’t a bank, access to a new Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. program may reassure investors and help the unit compete with banks that already have government protection behind their debt, said Russell Wilkerson, a spokesman for the Fairfield, Connecticut-based company. Coverage would be for about $139 billion, or 125 percent of total senior unsecured debt outstanding as of Sept. 30 and maturing by June 30.

“Inclusion in this program will allow us to source our debt competitively with other participating financial institutions,” Wilkerson said. GE sent investors an e-mail about the program today. “Our participation is a positive development for our investors.”

GE’s finance businesses are able to seek FDIC debt coverage because its GE Capital subsidiary also owns a federal savings bank and an industrial loan company, both of which already qualify. GE last month started using a new Federal Reserve program designed to revive demand for commercial paper amid the global crisis.

So now we know how they got their money. Here is more on Healthy Imagination from Bungalow Bill:

Tom Daschle is back and working on nationalized healthcare. It’s obvious now, GE is a chosen winner by Obama who is choosing which companies win and lose based around his policies, and that doesn’t include the government has been buying GE’s bad paper. Daschle has been chosen as a board member of Healthymagination. GE will drive socialized medicine through a happy-named company.

Healthymagination will be in charge of the national patient database, which is established in the stimulus plan. The reports show that GE with Intel Corp is investing $6 billion to improve and make healthcare affordable through Healthymagination, and I have no doubt it is our money they are investing.

Healthymagination is founded by GE, and GE’s CEO, Jeffrey Immelt, sits on Obama’s team of economic advisers. Healthymagination’s landing page describes the company will change the way we approach healthcare, with more than 100 innovations all focused on addressing three critical needs, lowering costs, touching more lives, and improving quality.

Let’s not forget Daschle is one of the hardest pushers of socialized medicine in this country. Socialized medicine will be controlled by the government with General Electric as its partner, who will make billions as your health care is sacrificed.

As you can see there is absolutely no competition in this health care model. It will destroy all small health care plans because they are being left out of the loop. The government will easily track your health care making vitally important decisions for your physician. Americans stand to lose their freedom of choice under this plan. The only one that benefits from this plan is GE and the large insurance companies like Aetna, Blue Cross, etc… There will be no open bidding, the decision has been made by the GE-owned White House and Oval Office.

Here is how the connections between GE and the GE owned administration work:
GE runs all NBC stations.
NBC was and still is in the tank for Obama. (Now we know why! Just ask Jeffrey Immelt!)
GE supported Obama and still does, Jeff Immelt, GE CEO, is on Obamas “economic recovery” board.
Tom Daschle is on the board of Jeff Immelt’s new “Healthymagination” endeavor.
Tom Daschle was to be the HHS but happened to be one of every Obama appointee that has/had tax “issues”.
Tom Daschle has written a book about “Universal Health Care” (his book discusses nothing else but socialized medicine.).

Now all of the cards are in place for the following to happen:

GE gets the sole health care contract and Obama get everlasting support from ALL of GE owned NBC affiliates.

Immelt said today that they will use all NBC affiliates “to distribute over 5000 pieces of health related content to over 100mm consumers” In other words, he will help sell the “plan” to the public.

There is a ton more to this story but keep an eye on the connection between a very powerful corporation and the administration.

More from Twine on how GE will profit from its close friendship with Bambi and the Oval Office in the area of healthcare:

Mr. Immelt’s words betray GE’s willingness to partner with the Obama government in order to turn a profit. To this end, GE has appointed Mr. Obama’s former nominee for secretary of health and human services, Tom Daschle, to the board of advisers for Healthymagination, an initiative launched by General Electric in partnership along with Intel, which will invest $6 billion over the next six years on “health care innovation that will help deliver better care to more people at lower cost.”

Mr. Daschle said, “We can only find real solutions in health care when business, government and their partners work together.”

In 2008, Mr. Daschle wrote the book “Critical: What We Can Do About the Health-Care Crisis” in which he explains his radical solutions to the problems in American health care. In the book, Mr. Daschle calls for a British-style Federal Council on health care.

The profitability of GE’s new venture will depend heavily on the nationalization of the health care industry. The standardization and streamlining of health care recordkeeping, something on which Mr. Obama ran in 2008, would require a massive government contract for the technology to achieve such standardization.

Fortunately for Bambi and Congress, Healtymagination is developing a health care record management system.
With Bambi’s most ardent supporter, Tom Daschle, sitting on the board of Healthymagination, GE will certainly get some of those very lucrative contracts. Quid Pro Quo for a former Senator!
And did I mention that NBC is in on the crony capitalism in the Oval Office? Healthy Imaging reports that GE-owned media conglomerate NBC with its ratings in the tank will be a shill for the program.
NBC Universal and NBC News will air more than 5,000 televised reports annually on health and wellness. (Now the subliminal messages begin. NBC will convince you that you aren’t healthy unless the government controls your healthcare!)
MSNBC will do their part to convince you that government run health care is the best for you during their coverage of medical issues and examination of health policies. (Okay! Now I understand why NBC ran with Farah’s Story which I covered in a previous post. It is working because now everyone is talking about how her cancer shows why our health care system is so bad!)

Put very simply, the media will put the propaganda out their for you to view (like they did with Farah’s Story), the government will be overwhelmed with popular demand for socialized medicine especially single payer (I covered the myths about single payer health care in another post) health care and it will be enacted while no one bothers to read the fine print in Congress. Tryst me there will be no debate because the Democraps will enact it while some of the Repelicans fall in line.

Crony capitalism at its best. And Bambi’s administration will pay back his best friends in corporate America with our taxpayer dollars.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Much more here: http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=123071.0

Offline William Rausch

• I am not a number. I am a free man!
Mass Email Portraying Town Hall Rebellions as Republican/Right Wing Plot
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 06:14:16 pm »
Here's a copy of a mass email I received under the name of J. P. Poersch of the Democratic Senate Campaign Committee, which attempts to brand the popular rebellions at town meetings as a Republican/Right Wing plot:

Dear Robert,
All week, fringe, far-right organizations funded by shady, unreported sources have been ginning up their supporters to disrupt Democratic town hall meetings. The goal: kill every attempt at health care reform and wound President Obama. One leaked memo written by a leader of the Tea Party Patriots tells protesters to "Watch for an opportunity to yell out. …  The goal is to rattle him."

Things have really gotten out of hand. Just see it for yourself:

Watch the video, then fight back.
No. 6:  What do you want?

No. 2:  Information.  Information.  Information.

No. 6:  Well, you won't get it.

No. 2:  By hook or by crook, we will.

Offline Sasha

• Sasha
About Malkin,...

Her recient appearance on C-SPAN was very telling.  A caller astutely pointed out her various double standards as a right wing gate keeper.  She effectively told him to shut up and get over it.

She and many other pseudo conservatives are attempting to coin themselves leaders of a our collective dissent.  Like the tea parties of late, the town hall/listening tour has demonstrated how deeply the roots of our grassroots movement are which needs must inspire the Mal-kin and other control freaks to strain their disembling credibility yet again.  

Malkin is a circus ring leader looking to distract us all with the horrors of exotic beasts then console us with the protection of a police state.  She is a great window into the mind of a sociopath.    
Morality is contraband in war.
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
Darrell Issa is speaking out:

Issa tells Rahmbo "this isn't Chicago"
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Issa-tells-Rahmbo-this-isnt-Chicago-52464397.html
By: Mark Tapscott
Editorial Page Editor
08/04/09 5:40 PM EDT

Rep. Darrell Issa, R-CA, has a message for White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel:
“While this type of scare tactic may work In Chicago, it will not work to intimidate me or other Members of the United States Congress.”

It's not quite a young Ellot Ness glowering at Al Capone on the steps of a ritzy Chicago hotel, but it may be the next best thing and it could mark a turning point in President Obama's relations with the Congress that is dominated by members of his own party.

The occasion for Issa's comment, which was contained in a sizzling letter to Emanuel that the Republican released today to the media, was a report in Politico of White House retaliation against a Republican senator and governor who criticized the Obama economic stimulus package on weekend tv news programs.

According to Politico, Emanuel “launched a coordinated effort to jam” Sen. Jon Kyl, R-AZ, after he and House Minority Whip Eric Cantor, R-VA, described "the legislation as a failure on Sunday talk shows." The White House chief of staff "directed that the letters from the Cabinet secretaries be sent to [Arizona Gov.Jan] Brewer, according to two administration officials.” Kyl and Brewer subsequently protested.

“The fact that the letters were coordinated by you to maximize the level of intimidation is supported by the timing, structure, and content of each letter. Not only were the four letters all sent the day following Senator Kyl’s remarks, but they were also remarkably similar in tone and sentence structure,” Issa told Emanuel.

Issa, the ranking GOPer on the House Oersight and Government Reform Committee, said in his letter that he "and others have dared to bring these facts to the attention of President Obama, the Congress and the American people. You’ve unfortunately reacted by once again resorting to the playbook of the Chicago political machine.”

Emanuel and Issa served together in the House when the former represented a Chicago district and, as chairman of the House Democratic campagn committee, organized the party's 2006 campaign that resulted in Republicans losing control of both chambers of Congress for the first time since 1995.

You can read the full Issa letter here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Issa Asks Emanuel To Answer Intimidation Allegations
http://www.rttnews.com/Content/PoliticalNews.aspx?Node=B1&Id=1027520
(RTTNews) -  

Congressman Darrell Issa (R-CA) sent a letter Tuesday to Rahm Emanuel after allegations arose that the White House Chief of Staff attempted to intimidate lawmakers who have said that the stimulus package has failed.

In the letter, Issa accused Emanuel of "resorting to the playbook of the Chicago political machine" in an effort to silence critics of the Obama Administration's American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.

According to a report in "Politico" in July, Emmanuel directed Cabinet secretaries to send letters to Arizona governor Jan Brewer after Senate Minority Whip John Kyl (R-AZ) criticized the stimulus package on ABC talk show "This Week With George Stephanopoulos."

Emanuel apparently told Interior Secretary Ken Salazar, Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood, Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack and Housing and Urban Development Secretary Shaun Donovan to send letters to Brewer that suggested that the Administration would stop making money available to the state.

"The fact that the letters were coordinated by you to maximize the level of intimidation is supported by the timing, structure, and content of each letter," Issa wrote to Emanuel on Tuesday. "Not only were the four letters all sent the day following Senator Kyl's remarks, but they were also remarkably similar in tone and sentence structure."

Issa, who has not yet asked for a formal investigation into the matter, also demanded to know the role that Emanuel played in sending the letters to Brewer and said that the American people have a right to know also.

"At what point do you believe your practice of Chicago-style politics violates a public official's right to speak out in favor of alternative policies?" he wrote. "The American people have a right to know what role you played in developing the threatening letters to Governor Brewer and whether you intend to continue to engage in these tactics in the future."

In closing the letter, Issa demanded that Emanuel tell the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform his response to the allegations by August 11. He also asked for a "complete and full explanation" of the development of the letters, including the role he and any other White House officials may have played in the situation.

In addition, Issa asked for all records of communication between Emanuel and LaHood, Vilsack, Salazar and Donovan regarding the July 13 letters, and any indication of the role played by Democratic National Committee and the White House Office of Political Affairs in the sending of the letters.

by RTT Staff Writer

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
MSNBC is again saying that anyone who criticizes the President is a racist:

WHITE SUPREMECISTS WHO CRITICIZE OBAMA

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
Conyers: “There is no one more disappointed than I am in Barack Obama.”
http://www.blackagendareport.com/?q=content/conyers-%E2%80%9Cthere-no-one-more-disappointed-i-am-barack-obama%E2%80%9D

By Glen Ford
Created 08/04/2009 - 21:18
A Black Agenda Radio commentary by Glen Ford
Click the flash player below to listen to or the mic to download an mp3 copy of this BA Radio commentary.

[1]
The nation's senior Black congressman fears Barack Obama is in danger of becoming a one-term president. Obama's health care proposal is “crap,” says Detroit's John Conyers, and Obama loses whether it passes or fails.
Conyers: “There is no one more disappointed than I am in Barack Obama.”

“Progressive congresspersons may wind up voting against Obama on health care.”

Congressman John Conyers says Barack Obama’s stance on health care has been wrong, and it’s going to cost the president “big time.” It might even cost Obama his second term in the White House.

Conyers gave that assessment at Washington’s Busboys and Poets restaurant, bookstore and bar, where the Progressive Democrats of America were celebrating their fifth anniversary. Conyers is the Congressional Black Caucus’s longest serving member, having represented Detroit since 1964, when Obama was a three-year-old. He’s also one of the most consistently progressive members of the House, chairman of the Judiciary Committee and author of single payer health care bill H.R. 676 – legislation the White House has done its best to smother. Obama once gave lip service to single payer health care, but as president has staked his reputation on a mishmash of corporate schemes and deals-with-the-devil masquerading as health care reform – a thoroughly confused and conflicted legislative concoction that Conyers describes, simply, as “crap.”

Conyers suggests that, at the end of the legislative process, progressive congresspersons may wind up voting against Obama on health carebecause the bill will be simply too bad for advocates of real reform to support.

Busboys and Poets is a favored gathering place for progressives of all races. On the January night last year when Obama won the South Carolina primary, the place was noisier and more boisterous than anybody’s sports bar – so many deliriously hopeful faces, such soaring expectations. Now, John Conyers was telling many of the same people: “There is no one more disappointed than I am in Barack Obama.”

“We’ve got to tell Obama now, or he’ll be a one term president.”

The president and his supporters often throw around the old cliché about not letting the “perfect become the enemy of the good.” That’s their way of defending the fatal compromises Obama keeps making with the right-wing before the fight has even begun. Whether because of lack of gumption or lack of real commitment on Obama’s part, this refusal to confront Power is what has brought us to the current health care debacle in Congress. It’s not a matter of the perfect being the enemy of the good, but that the health care legislation shaped by the White House and its allies in Congress is just no damn good.

As disappointed as Conyers is with Obama, he still feels compelled to blame someone else for Obama’s health care fiasco. It’s White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel’s fault, says the congressman. Emanuel wants to pass any kind of health care bill, “anything just to say we did” pass something.

Whether the villainous Rahm Emanuel is to blame or it’s Obama’s own fault, the president will pay a steep political price, says Conyers. If he passes a “weak bill,” Obama loses, and if no bill passes, he loses. Conyers says he’s speaking out in such stark terms because, “we’ve got to tell Obama now, or he’ll be a one term president.”
The truth is, Obama killed the prospects for real health care reform when, no sooner than he had taken the oath of office, he began threatening to cut Medicare and attempting to marginalize single payer advocates like John Conyers. What begins badly, usually ends badly.

For Black Agenda Radio, I’m Glen Ford. On the web, go to www.BlackAgendaReport.com [2].

BAR executive editor Glen Ford can be contacted at [email protected] [3].

ShareThis [4]
Conyers health care Obama health care single payer health care
Source URL: http://www.blackagendareport.com/?q=content/conyers-%E2%80%9Cthere-no-one-more-disappointed-i-am-barack-obama%E2%80%9D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Links:

[1] http://media.libsyn.com/media/blackagendareport/20090805_gf_ConyersHealthcare.mp3
[2] http://www.BlackAgendaReport.com/
[3] mailto:[email protected]
[4] http://www.blackagendareport.com/?q=content/conyers-“there-no-one-more-disappointed-i-am-barack-obama”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Black Jobs Disappearing at Depression-Era Rates

By Glen Ford
Created 08/04/2009 - 21:13
Click the flash player below to listen to or the mic to download an mp3 copy of this BA Radio commentary.[1]

There are no targeted programs to address soaring Black unemployment on the horizon, despite Democratic control of the White House and both houses of Congress. President Obama puts his faith in a “rising tide” that “lifts all boats,” but in the real world “the economic tide is sinking Black boats at two, three and four times the rate of whites.”

Black Jobs Disappearing at Depression-Era Rates

“Obama will preside over a huge increase in permanent Black joblessness.”

President Obama continues to insist that a rising economic tide will “lift all boats.” But what's actually rising is a tidal wave of Black unemployment that in some regions is already at Depression-era levels and promises to add yet another layer of permanently jobless African Americans.

A recent study by the Economic Policy Institute [2] shows that the economic tide is sinking Black boats at two, three and four times the rate of whites. Obama's determination to do nothing specifically targeting African American unemployment guarantees he will preside over a huge increase in permanent Black joblessness.

Black national unemployment, which is now posted at 14.7 percent, is expected to rise to 16 percent, compared to 8.6 percent for whites. Black unemployment has been roughly double that of whites for so long – at least two generations – economists and media call the disparity “traditional,” like apple pie and the 4th of July. Embedded in that statistic is the permanent instability of Blacks in the job market. Each time there is another wave of higher unemployment, larger numbers of those whose jobs were already unstable, drown. Another strata of the permanently jobless is left behind, a social crime that cries out to be undone. But that would require programs targeted to the places and people that have been most harmed by economic dislocations. By the logic of the numbers, that means Black people, most intensely. But President Obama will have none of that. He is ideologically committed to a race-neutrality that, in the job market, can only result in a steady expansion of chronic Black employment instability and permanent joblessness.

“Blacks have lost ground in every job category.”

As disturbing as the national employment figures are, they don't convey the true scope of the deep and enduring Black jobs crisis. One out of every four Blacks in Michigan will be officially unemployed by the summer of next year. In Ohio and Alabama, one in five African Americans will officially be out of work. South Carolina and North Carolina will be right behind, nearing 20 percent official Black unemployment. In New York City [3] and Washington, DC, official Black unemployment is an astronomical four times the rate for whites. I refer to the “officially” unemployed, because whole categories of workers slip off the U.S. Labor Department's jobless list every month, while the structurally or permanently unemployed are treated as if they do not exist.

The current economic crisis has resulted in an across-the-board employment disaster for Blacks, who have lost ground in every job category: manufacturing, wholesale and retail commerce, transportation, utilities, finance, insurance, real estate – the catastrophe is near universal. The Economic Policy Institute report recommends that the nation “devote extra resources to those states and groups that are hardest hit.” But Obama has already said no, and Black mass organizations seem more interested in coming to the first Black president's defense than in banging at the door of the White House, demanding relief for the people.

For Black Agenda Radio, I'm Glen Ford. On the web, go to www.BlackAgendaReport.com [4].

BAR executive editor Glen Ford can be contacted at [email protected] [5].

ShareThis [6]
black unemployment

Source URL: http://www.blackagendareport.com/?q=content/black-jobs-disappearing-depression-era-rates

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Links:

[1] http://media.libsyn.com/media/blackagendareport/20090805_gf_BlackJobs.mp3
[2] http://www.epi.org/publications/entry/ib257/
[3] http://www.blackagendareport.com/?q=content/freedom-rider-black-unemployment-ignored
[4] http://www.BlackAgendaReport.com/
[5] mailto:[email protected]
[6] http://www.blackagendareport.com/?q=content/black-jobs-disappearing-depression-era-rates

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Inside Man on the Great Bank Heist
http://www.blackagendareport.com/?q=content/inside-man-great-bank-heist

By Glen Ford
Created 08/04/2009 - 21:09
Click the flash player below to listen to or the mic to download an mp3 copy of this BA Radio commentary.[1]

The bankster class, awash in billions in bonus money, flaunts its unearned wealth, oblivious to the political harm their antics are inflicting on the “Indispensable Man” in the bank bailout, President Obama. The author believes “the president's intimate entanglements with the criminal banking class will be his undoing.”

The Inside Man on the Great Bank Heist

“Obama's bankster friends can be counted on to repeatedly embarrass the president.”

Detroit Congressman John Conyers worries that President Obama might be brought down by his failure to put forward and fight for a decent health care plan. Conyers may be right, but I think the president's intimate entanglements with the criminal banking class will be his undoing. No matter how many times Obama puts a scowl on his face and pretends to threaten the banksters for their latest transgressions against everyone else's economic security, the public will remember who got bailed out first and most under the outgoing George Bush and the incoming Barack Obama.

The bankers have no shame, and even less regard for how much their behavior harms the political fortunes of their friends in the White House and Congress. It seemed like only yesterday that we were told life as we know it would cease to exist if Wall Street was not gifted with the largest transfer of wealth in the history of the world. At the time most of the public, Democrats and Republicans, initially opposed the bailout, sensing it was a scam. George Bush could never have pulled it off – this, the greatest boondogle in human history. Republicans were screaming that a bailout meant instant socialism. Up stepped presidential candidate Obama, who sweet-talked the Democrats into pushing the bailout through Congress. For the banksters, Obama was the Indispensable Man.

“George Bush could never have pulled it off.”

So, how do they reward him? In uncivilized haste, nine banks that received $175 billion of the people's money turned around and gave more than $32 billion to their executives and high roller employees, as bonuses. It was left to New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo to cry foul, in a report entitled, “No Rhyme or Reason: The 'Heads I Win, Tails You Lose' Bank Bonus Culture.” Essentially, the report outlined how bank managers divvy up bilions of dollars among themselves and their top-gun dealmakers, whether the institutions are doing well or not – not to mention how well or badly the real economy is performing for real people.

Banking in 21st century America is, in the end, exactly what most people suspected: a racket rigged for the benefit of the bankers, themselves. They had taken the people to the cleaners, fleeced the public, stolen them blind, and were now cashing in their billions in plain view of 300 million suckers.

Nobody can pull off that big a heist without an Inside Man. The guy who vouched for the thieves back in October of last year, who convinced all those Democrats in Congress that he'd make sure the banks were made accountable to the people once he was sworn in as president.

Obama's bankster friends, fearing nothing and no one, can be counted on to repeatedly embarrass the president with their felonious, anti-social behavior, in the depths of everybody else's economic crisis. At some point, it will become Obama's political crisis. The first black president will be even more widely perceived as the bankers president. Which is what he has always been.

For Black Agenda Radio, I'm Glen Ford. On the web, go to www.BlackAgendaReport.com [2].

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ShareThis [4]
bank bailout bank bonuses Obama bank bailout
Source URL: http://www.blackagendareport.com/?q=content/inside-man-great-bank-heist

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Links:

[1] http://media.libsyn.com/media/blackagendareport/20090805_gf_BankingRacke.mp3t
[4] http://www.blackagendareport.com/?q=content/inside-man-great-bank-heist

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Top Ten Ways To Tell Your President & His Party Aren't Fighting For Health Care For Everybody
http://www.blackagendareport.com/?q=print/content/top-ten-ways-tell-your-president-his-party-arent-fighting-health-care-everybody

By Bruce A. Dixon
Created 07/29/2009 - 10:30

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With the corporate media relentlessly distorting the public discussion around health care reform, it time for some clear, bright lines to help us tell who is doing what to whom, and whether any of it leads to health care for all of us.  Here are ten of them.

Top Ten Ways To Tell Your President & His Party Aren't Fighting For Health Care For Everybody

by BAR managing editor Bruce A. Dixon

Barack Obama and Democratic majorities in the House and Senate were swept into office on a promise they would deliver affordable and accessible health care for all Americans. But the corporate media journalism limits the national health care conversation to what insurance companies, drug companies, for-profit health care professionals, their executives, lobbyists and politicians of both parties and other hirelings have to say. So it isn't as easy as it ought to be to tell what the politicians are doing about accomplishing health care for everybody. Hence we offer these ten points. This is how you can tell whether your president and his party are fighting for the health care you deserve.

1. Their plan [1] doesn't cover the uninsured till at least 2013 [2].

2013 isn't “day one.” It's not even after the midterm election. It's clear after the president's second term, if he gets one. Congress passed Medicare in 1965 and president Lyndon Johnson rolled out coverage for millions of seniors in eleven months, back in the days before they even had computers.

22,000 Americans now perish each year because they can't get or can't afford medical care, and this year three quarter million personal bankruptcies will be triggered by unpayable medical bills. Why this president and these Democrats are in such a hurry to pass health care now that doesn't take effect till two elections down the road doesn't make sense in any kind of good way.

2. Their “public option” isn't Medicare, won't bring costs down and will only cover about 10 million people.

The “public option” was sold to the American people as Medicare-scale plan open to anybody who wants in that would compete with the private insurers and drive their costs downward. But in their haste not to bite the hands that feed them millions in campaign contributions each hear, the president and his party have scaled the public option back from a Medicare-sized 130 million to a maximum of 10 million, too small to put cost pressure in private insurers [3]. Worse still, the president and his party are playing bait-and-witch, not telling the public they have reduced the public option, to nearly nothing.

This remnant of a public option is not Medicare, as Howard Dean insists, and it will not lead to the sort of everybody-in-nobody-out health care system that most Americans, whenever they are surveyed say they want.

Some Senate and House Democrats want to ditch even the pretense [4] of a “public option” in favor of something they're calling a private insurance “co-op [5]”, which as near as anybody can tell has the same relationship to an actual cooperative that clean coal has to actual coal.

3. The president and his party have already caved in [6] to the drug companies on reimporting Canadian drugs, on negotiating drug prices downward and on generics.

This explains why Big Pharma, the same people who ran the devastatin g series of anti-reform “Harry and Louise” ads to spike the Clinton-era drive to fix health care are spending $100 million [7] to run Obama ads using the president's language about “bipartisan” solutions to health care reform.

4. The president and his party have received more money from private insurers and the for-profit health care industry than even Republicans, with the president alone taking $19 million in the 2008 election cycle alone, [8] more than all his Repubican, Democratic and independent rivals combined.

Democratic senator Max Bacaus got $1.1 million in 2008. Democratic senators Harkin, Landreau and Rockerfeller each got over half a million, and Senator Durbin got just under half a million. Other Democratic senators got a little less. Four Democrats in the House, Rangel, Dinglell, Udall and Hoyer got over half a million apiece in 2008, with other Democrats not far behind.

Is there any wonder that the insurance companies, like the drug companies are also running “bipartisan health care reform” commercials using the president's exact language?

5. The president's plan, and those of Republicans and Democratic blue dogs too, will require families to purchase health insurance policies from private insurers.

This is something the policy wonks call an 'individual mandate [9]”, under which Individuals will be “mandated” to purchase affordable insurance, though companies would not be required to offer it. In Massachusetts, the prototype state for the Obama plan, a family with an income of $33,000 can be required to spend $9,000 in deductibles and out-of-pocket expenses before the insurance company is obligated to pay a dime. As in Massachusetts, public money is used to purchase private insurance for the very poorest citizens. With the revenues of insurance companies on the decline, individual mandate programs are a welcome bailout for the private insurance industry.

6. The president's plan, and those of Republicans and Democratic blue dogs too, could force you to buy junk insurance [10].

Think about an insurance policy that costs a lot, but is full of loopholes, exceptions and steep deductibles and co-payments. That's junk insurance, and for many it's the only insurance companies offer. Even more pernicious is the widespread practice among insurance companies of “recission” in which claimants are routinely investigated and disqualified in the event that they finally make a claim. Insurance companies admit they do this to half of one percent of policies per year. That means if you hold a health insurance policy twenty years, you don;t have insurance – you have a ninety percent chance of having insurance.

7. The president's plan, as well as those of Democratic “blue dogs” and Republicans, are to be funded in part with cuts in Medicare and Medicaid.

Private insurance companies have always hated Medicare because it is far more efficient than they are. Medicare's administrative expenses are under five percent, as compared with the one third of every health care dollar taken by the for-profit insurance companies for their advertising, bad investments, billing and denial machinery, executive salaries and bonuses. Private insurers have, over the years, purchased enough influence in Congress and previous White Houses to restrict Medicare's payment rates and partially privatize it. But president Obama's plan, perhaps the most friendly to Medicare and Medicaid, calls for over $300 billion in cuts [11] to the programs that now provide medical care to those with the fewest options, while failing to guarantee that care will come from elsewhere. In Massachusetts right now, hospitals are turning away poor people they used to be able to provide care for because funding that used to go to those institutions is now plowed into the state's “individual mandate” system.

8. The president, with the cooperation of corporate media and the Republicans is trying to make the argument about himself instead of a discussion on the merits of his policy.

The president and his critics are happy to talk about whether this will be “his Waterloo [12]”, or his Dien Bien Phu, as if that matters more than the 22,000 Americans who die each year from lack of medical care, or the three quarter million who will go bankrupt because of unpayable medical bills. The concentration on whether the president looks good or bad takes up air, ink, and coverage time that might otherwise be spent explaining what is and isn't in the various proposals, and why.

If the president were not afraid of his own supporters publicly examining the merits and demerits of his proposals, he would mobilize those 13 million emails and phone numbers collected during the campaign. The reason he has not sone so already is that most of his own supporters favor a Medicare-For-All single payer health care system, HR 676.

9. The president and his party, and the corporate media [13] have spent more time and energy silencing [14] and excluded the advocates of single payer health care, mostly the president's own supporters, than they have fighting blue dogs and Republicans.

But no matter how diligently the spokespeople for single payer are excluded from media coverage and invitations [15] to Obama's policy forums and round tables, no matter how many times the White House cuts their questions [16] from transcripts and video of public events, the calls, emails and letters keep pouring into Congress and the White House demanding the creation of a publicly funded, everybody-in-nobody-out system, a Medicare-for-All kind of single payer health care plan.

10. Despite the president's own admission that only a single payer health care system will deliver what Americans want, he and the leaders of his party insist that Medicare For All, HR 676, us utterly off the table.

Before he became a presidential candidate, Barack Obama identified himself as a proponent of a single payer health care system. All we had to do, he told us, was elect a Democratic congress and senate, and a different president. Now that this has been done, he insists that “change” is just not possible, and we have to settle for less. The president continues to admit that only a single payer health care system will cover everybody, but insists that America just can't handle that much change.

The truth is that Barack Obama campaigned as the candidate of change, and a health care system that covers everybody from day one with no exceptions is what people imagined they voted for when they swept him and an overwhelming number of Democrats into office.

A single payer Medicare-For-All system will eliminate 500,000 insurance company jobs and replace them with 3.2 million new jobs in health care for a net gain of 2.6 million new jobs [17] according to a study by the National Nurses Organization. That's as many jobs as the US economy lost in all of 2007. Single payer will create hundreds of billions in annual wages and local and state tax revenues for cash strapped cities and towns. It will lift the shadow of bankruptcy for medical reasons from two thirds of a million American families yearly. It's what we deserve.

It's what we voted for, and we won't stop demanding it.

Bruce Dixon is based in Atlanta GA and is managing editor at Black Agenda Report.  

He can be reached at [email protected].

ShareThis [18]

single payer health care Obamarama

Source URL: http://www.blackagendareport.com/?q=content/top-ten-ways-tell-your-president-his-party-arent-fighting-health-care-everybody

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Links:

[1] http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.3200
[2] http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hiiWnivT__38YVG-emF9zy6xVW_AD99ICP600
[3] http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/104xx/doc10400/07-26-InfoOnTriCommProposal.pdf
[4] http://www.pnhp.org/blog/2009/07/28/does-the-congressional-progressive-caucus-care-about-its-public-option-principles/
[5] http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=arrJ7R3CbF18
[6] http://robertreich.blogspot.com/2009/07/obamacare-is-at-war-with-itself-over.html
[7] http://www.greenchange.org/article.php?id=4733
[8] http://www.opensecrets.org/industries/recips.php?ind=H&cycle=2008&recipdetail=P&mem=N&sortorder=U
[9] http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/7/27/758427/-Health-Care-Reform:-Pros-and-Cons-of-Individual-Mandate
[10] http://www.consumerreports.org/health/insurance/health-insurance/overview/health-insurance-ov.htm
[11] http://articles.latimes.com/2009/jun/14/nation/na-obama-radio14
[12] http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2009/07/20/obama_pushes_back_against_talk.html
[13] http://www.opednews.com/articles/Poll-Excludes-Single-Payer-by-Jerry-Policoff-090312-353.html
[14] http://www.prosperityagenda.us/node/909
[15] http://www.pnhp.org/news/2009/march/obama_to_single_paye.php
[16] http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=132&topic_id=8311060&mesg_id=8311060
[17] http://www.calnurses.org/research/pdfs/ihsp_sp_economy_report_charts_011509.pdf
[18] http://www.blackagendareport.com/?q=content/top-ten-ways-tell-your-president-his-party-arent-fighting-health-care-everybody

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another Obama Promise Broken -- The Right To Organize Betrayed

By Glen Ford
Created 07/21/2009 - 19:43

The Employee Free Choice Act has been gutted and may expire entirely, a victim of Barack Obama's signature style of governing to the Right of the Democratic center. “Although candidate Obama paid lip-service to the Employee Free Choice Act, he pointedly failed to deploy the powers of the presidential 'bully-pulpit' on behalf of the key “card check” provisions that would have forced companies to recognize unions as soon as a majority of workers signed a union card.”

Another Obama Promise Broken -- The Right To Organize Betrayed

“He eviscerates the labor and progressive agenda by withholding crucial White House support for measures he nominally endorses.”

The “card check” portion of the Employee Free Choice Act appears dead, yet more proof that a promise from Barack Obama is essentially worthless.

The word “transformational” should be purged from any discussion of the Obama presidency, as should any positive comparison between Obama and Franklin Delano Roosevelt. If FDR’s presidency can be summed up in a few words, it was a period in which the power of labor was greatly enhanced in effective partnership with the man in the White House, while a safety net was established that allowed working people the security to exercise those new powers.

Barack Obama seeks something quite different: an accommodation that leaves labor at an extreme disadvantage with the vastly expanded powers of finance capital and management, while the social safety net objectively ceases to exist. Such is the clear result and intent of Obama’s grossly lopsided actions – not words, but actions – during his first six months in office. Of the nearly $13 trillion committed to economic resuscitation since the financial meltdown, most of it under President Obama, 90 percent has gone to buttress the bankers, while unemployment and home foreclosures combine to wipe out all vestiges of security for the rest of us.
“He has methodically empowered the right-wing of the Democratic Party as arbiters of federal legislation.”

President Obama has been an active player in this debacle. He has methodically empowered the right-wing of the Democratic Party as arbiters of federal legislation. As with health care, Obama signals loudly that he prefers to avoid confrontation with capital, thus giving the nod to those Democrats politically closest to Republicans that they are free to seek compromises with Big Business at the expense of Democratic constituencies. Although candidate Obama paid lip-service to the Employee Free Choice Act, he pointedly failed to deploy the powers of the presidential “bully-pulpit” on behalf of the key “card check” provisions that would have forced companies to recognize unions as soon as a majority of workers signed a union card. Effectively, and purposely, that allowed a handful of right-wing Democrats to conspire with Republicans to kill card check, while President Obama pretends the outcome was none of his doing.

Accepting defeat, and fearing to antagonize Obama by laying it at his feet, where it belongs, labor leaders now concentrate on salvaging other parts of the legislation, such as binding arbitration and streamlining the union election process. Unfortunately, Obama has privileged the same gaggle of Democratic right-wingers to handle negotiations to keep some portions of the Employee Free Choice Act alive in the Senate.

The presidential pattern is unmistakable; in fact, it has become Obama’s governing signature. He eviscerates the labor and progressive agenda by withholding crucial White House support for measures he nominally endorses, and then passes de facto leadership to the most backward elements of the Democratic Party. The conclusion is inescapable: Barack Obama is the most active and critical member of the right wing of his party. With Obama at the helm, “card check” never had a chance.

For Black Agenda Radio, I’m Glen Ford. On the web, go to www.BlackAgendaReport.com [2].

ShareThis [4]
Employee Free Choice Act Obamarama the right to organize
Source URL: http://www.blackagendareport.com/?q=content/another-obama-promise-broken-right-organize-betrayed

Links:

[1] http://media.libsyn.com/media/blackagendareport/20090722_gf_cardcheck.mp3
[4] http://www.blackagendareport.com/?q=content/another-obama-promise-broken-right-organize-betrayed

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is the Obama Health Care Plan Really Better Than Nothing?

By Bruce A. Dixon
Created 07/22/2009 - 08:39

By BAR managing editor Bruce A. Dixon

Candidate Barack Obama told us to judge his first term by whether he delivers quality affordable health care for all Americans, including nearly fifty million uninsured. So why does his proposal not cover the uninsured till 2013, after the next presidential election when Medicare took only 11 months to cover its first 40million seniors? Why are corporate media pretending that no opinions exist to Obama's left? And why has the public option part of the Obama health care plan shrunk from covering 130 million to only 10 million, with 16 million left uninsured altogether?

Is the Obama Health Care Plan Really Better Than Nothing?

By BAR managing editor Bruce A. Dixon

The health care debate inside and outside the matrix

Like just about everything else, your take on the national health care debate depends on whether you're inside or outside the matrix.

Within the bubble of fake reality blown by corporate media and bipartisan political establishment, the health care news is that the Obama Plan [1] is at last making its way through Congress. It's being fought by greedy private insurance companies, by chambers of commerce, by Republican and some Democratic lawmakers.

Under the Obama plan, we're told, employers will have to insure their employees or pay into a fund that does it for them. Individuals will be required under penalty of law to buy private insurance policies and for those that can't afford it or prefer not to use a private insurer there will be something called a “public option.” This “public option, the story goes, is bitterly fought by the bad guys because it will make private insurers accountable by competing with them, forcing them to lower their costs. Both the president's backers and opponents agree that the whole thing will be fantastically expensive, and the president proposes to fund it with cuts in existing programs like Medicaid which pay for the care of the poorest Americans and a tax on those making more than $300,000, later raised to $1 million a year.

The “public option” has that magic word “public” in it, and that's reassuring to progressives and to most of the American people. Taxing the rich is a popular idea too. So if you rely on corporate media, the administration, or some of the so-called progressive blogs to identify the players and keep the score, it seems a pretty clear case of President Obama on the side of the angels, battling the greedy insurance companies, Republicans and blue dog Democrats to bring us universal, affordable health care.

That whole picture has about as much reality as the ones the same corporate media and most of the same politicians drew for us about Iraq, 9-11, weapons of mass destruction and some people over there who wanted us to free them. Iraq and the White House were and remain actual places, and there really is a problem called health care. But the places, problems and solutions are very different from the bubble of fake reality blown around them.

What sustains this fake reality is the diligent suppression from public space of any viewpoints, observations or proposals to Obama's left. As long as the illusion that nobody has a better idea, that the only choice we have is Obama's way or the Republicans' way can be maintained, the crooked game can go on.

But bubbles are delicate things. Keeping this one intact requires so many vital topics to be avoided, so many inquiring eyes to be averted, so many fruitful conversations to be squelched that it's hard to see how the president, the bipartisan establishment and the corporate media can pull it all off.

The real Obama Plan: doesn't cover the uninsured till 2013, if then.

The first clue that something is deeply wrong with the Obama health care proposal is its timeline. According to a copyrighted July 21 AP story [2] by Ricardo Alfonso-Zaldivar,

“President Lyndon Johnson signed the Medicare law on July 30, 1965, and 11 months later seniors were receiving coverage. But if President Barack Obama gets to sign a health care overhaul this fall, the uninsured won't be covered until 2013 — after the next presidential election.

“In fact, a timeline of the 1,000-page health care bill crafted by House Democrats shows it would take the better part of a decade — from 2010-2018 — to get all the components of the far-reaching proposal up and running.”

According to a peer reviewed 2009 study in the American Journal of Medicine, 62% of the nation's 727,167 non-business bankruptcies [3] were triggered by unpayable medical bills in 2007. Most of these had health insurance when they fell ill or were injured, but with loopholes, exclusions, high deductibles and co-payments, or were simply dropped when they got sick. In 2008 that figure was 66% of 934,000 personal bankruptcies and in 2009 it could approach 70% of 1.1 million bankruptcies. And 18,000 Americans die each year because medical care is unaffordable or unavailable. Waiting till 2013 means millions of families will be financially ruined and tens of thousands will die unnecessarily.

If the Johnson administration with no computers back in the sixties could implement Medicare for 45 million seniors in under a year, why does it take three and a half years in the 21st century to cover some, but not all, of America's fifty million uninsured? And why does the Obama Plan make us wait till after the next presidential election? Politicians usually do popular things and run for election on the resulting wave of approval. Delaying what ought to be the good news of universal and affordable health care for all Americans till two elections down the road is a strong indication that they know the good news really ain't all that good. And it's not.

Inside the matrix of TV, the corporate media and on much of the internet, discussion of the Obama plan's timeline, the human cost of another three years delay, and the comparison with Medicare’s 11 month rollout back in the days before computers are almost impossible to find. We can only wonder why.

The Obama plan is about health insurance, not health care.

As BAR has been reporting since January 2007 [4], the Obama plan is not a health care plan at all, it is a health insurance plan. Based largely upon the failed model in place in Massachusetts since 2006, the Obama plan will require employers to provide coverage or pay a special tax. Everybody not covered by an employer will be required to purchase insurance under penalty of law, in much the same manner as you're currently required to buy car insurance.

“In my state,” testified [5] Dr. Steffie Woolhandler of the Harvard Medical School last month before Congress, “beating your wife, communicating a terrorist threat and being uninsured all carry $1,000 fines.”

As in Massachusetts, the health insurance plans people are forced to buy will cost a lot and won't cover much. In a July 20 National Journal [6] article Dr. David Himmelstein says,

“Nearly every day that he is in the clinic, Himmelstein says, he sees a patient who has problems paying for care "despite this reform.' Some of them had free care before the 2006 law took effect but are now expected to handle co-payments. If you're not poor enough to get a subsidy, say you're making $30,000 a year, you're required to buy a policy that costs about $5,000 a year for the premium and has a $2,000 deductible before it pays for anything. For substantial numbers of people, it's effectively not coverage,' Himmelstein said. The policy he described is about the cheapest Massachusetts plan available, according to the Physicians for a National Health Program report, which Himmelstein co-wrote [7].”

A family of four making under $24,000 a year in Massachusetts gets its insurance premium free, but is still expected to cough up deductibles and co-payments and live with loopholes and exclusions that often deny care to those who need it. And in both the Massachusetts and Obama plans, funds to pay those premiums come out of the budgets of programs like Medicaid that already pay for care for the poorest Ameicans.

The Obama plan's “public option” is a bait-and-switch scam

A July 21 pnhp.org article titled “Bait and Switch: How the Public Option Was Sold [8]” outlines how the public option is neither public, nor an option.

“Public option” refers to a proposal... that Congress create an enormous “Medicare-like” program that would sell health insurance to the non-elderly in competition with the 1,000 to 1,500 health insurance companies that sell insurance today...

“Hacker (its author) claimed the program, which he called “Medicare Plus” in 2001 and “Health Care for America Plan” in 2007, would enjoy the advantages that make Medicare so efficient – large size, low provider payment rates and low overhead...

“Hacker predicted that his proposed public program would so closely resemble Medicare that it would be able to set its premiums far below those of other insurance companies and enroll at least half the non-elderly population.”

The White House is committed to twisting arms in the both houses of Congress and reconciling the two versions of Democratic bills to emerge from the House and Senate. What emerges will be the Obama plan. According to the Congressional Budget Office, the Senate version of the Democrats' pending health care legislation leaves 33 million uninsured and omits the public option altogether. The House version includes a “public option” estimated to cover only 10-12 million people, a number far too small for it to create price pressure on private insurance companies, while leaving 16 or 17 million uninsured. Instead of setting prices for health care, it will be forced to pay whatever tthe private insurers already pay, and perhaps more.

As private insurers use their marketing muscle to recruit younger, healthier people who'll pay for but not use their benefits, the public option will be a dumping ground for the customers they don't want... the middle-aged, the poor, those with pre-existing conditions. And of course the Obama plan's “public option' will be managed by contractors from the private insurance industry.

Private insurers spend a third of every health care dollar on non-health related things like bonuses, denial machinery, advertising, lobbying and bad investments. Medicare spends 2 or 3% on administrative overhead. Bush's “enhanced Medicare” administered by private insurance contractors, spends about 11% on overhead. That's about what we should expect from the Obama public option. So much for change.

So far, discipline is holding. Nobody in corporate media, the administration, or among Democrats in Washington has gotten round to telling us that the public option has been eviscerated. But its powerful appeal and the awesome power of the word “public” are offered by Obama supporters as the central reasons to shut up, clap harder, and get behind the president on this.

Taxing the rich, paying for health care. How the Obama Plan stacks up against single payer [9].

Along with being funded by cuts in Medicaid, the Obama plan is supposed to be funded by taxing those who make $300,000 or more per year. That's not a bad thing. The wealthy don't pay nearly enough taxes. But the US already spends more on health care than anyplace else on the planet while leaving a greater portion of its population uninsured than anybody.

The Obama plan will not contain costs. It will subsidize the insurance vampires well into the next decade. On the other hand, single payer would eliminate the private insurance industry altogether. In many advanced industrial countries, most of the practices private insurers follow here, such as cherry picking healthy patients while dumping and denying sick ones, are illegal. Why can we do that?

Single payer, according to a study by the California Nurses Association [10] would eliminate 550,000 jobs in private insurance while creating 3.2 million new ones in actual health care. It would be responsible for $100 billion in wages annually and a source of immense tax revenues for local governments.

So is the Obama plan really better than nothing?

The Obama plan seems calculated to buy time for private insurers, to end the health care discussion for a decade or more without solving the health care problem, do so in a way that discredits the very idea of everybody in- nobody out health care. It will leave tens of millions uninsured, a hundred million or more underinsured, and the same parasitic private interests in charge of the American health care system that run it now.

The Obama plan as it now stands requires us to let another 18,000 die for each of the next three years and allow more than a million additional families to be bankrupted by medical expenses before we can judge whether or not the plan is working. It's easy to imagine Obama partisans telling us in mid 2013 that it's still too early to be sure.

The Kucinich amendment, which allows the few states wealthy enough to try it the liberty to fashion their own single payer regimes is intended to attract progressives and single payer votes in Congress without breaking the bubble. By itself, it should not be a reason to support this bill.. The wealthiest state in the union is probably California, and it's handing out IOUs instead of salaries this month. It's hard to see what would be lost if this health care bill went down in flames, and we started over again next year.

Can he get away with it?

Maybe. Maybe not. If the corporate media and the president can keep discussion of the devilish details to a minimum, if they can silence, co-opt and intimidate the forces to Obama's left --- if they can keep most of the public inside their bubble of fake reality, Barack Obama may achieve his goal of thwarting the reform that most of the American people want --- an everybody in, nobody out single payer health care system on the model of Canada or Australia, or Medicare for All. It won't be close, it won't be easy, and with nothing to be gained, progressives shouldn't make it any easier.

Since the president's success depends mostly on keeping people silent [11] and in the dark, he will probably be unable to mobilize the 13 million phone numbers and email addresses collected during the recent presidential campaign, and now held by OFA, his campaign arm. If an organizing call went out to them, too many would try to read the bill and discuss the options, and such a discussion could easily get out of hand. When OFA called house meetings on health care last December, the most frequently advanced question was why we couldn't or shouldn't get a single payer health care system.

Single payer isn't dead yet. It's very much alive among Barack Obama's own supporters. To succeed, he has to bury it alive, to keep them in the bubble, in the dark and quiet, or clapping so loudly they cannot hear themselves or each other think. It's not over.

Bruce Dixon is based in Atlanta GA and is managing editor at Black Agenda Report.   [12]
ShareThis [13]
single payer health care Obamarama undefined
Source URL: http://www.blackagendareport.com/?q=content/obama-health-care-plan-really-better-nothing

Links:

[1] http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h3200/text
[2] http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hiiWnivT__38YVG-emF9zy6xVW_AD99ICP600
[3] http://www.uscourts.gov/bnkrpctystats/statistics.htm#june
[4] http://www.blackagendareport.com/?q=content/barack-obama-hypocrisy-health-care
[5] http://www.citizen.org/publications/release.cfm?ID=7676
[6] http://www.nationaljournal.com/njmagazine/cs_20090718_1479.php
[7] http://www.pnhp.org/states_flatline/State Health Reform Flatlines IJHS - 2008.pdf
[8] http://www.pnhp.org/blog/2009/07/20/bait-and-switch-how-the-“public-option”-was-sold/
[9] http://www.pnhp.org/facts/key_features_of_singlepayer.php
[10] http://www.calnurses.org/research/pdfs/ihsp_sp_economic_study_2009.pdf
[11] http://www.blackagendareport.com/?q=content/obama’s-single-payer-beat-down
[12] mailto:[email protected]
[13] http://www.blackagendareport.com/?q=content/obama-health-care-plan-really-better-nothing

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
Bush and Obama: Different Styles of Coup-Making

By Glen Ford
Created 07/21/2009 - 19:45
Black Agenda Radio commentary by Glen Ford

Although nobody but Americans believes Washington was not behind the late June coup in Honduras, Barack Obama brings his own touch to subverting one's hemispheric neighbors. “Obama makes democratic noises – and then refuses to back them up with any actions that would cause U.S. clients in the Honduran military and oligarchy to relinquish power.” And he does it all with a straight face.

Bush and Obama: Different Styles of Coup-Making
Black Agenda Radio commentary by Glen Ford

“Bush would ratchet up the aggression with threats of regime-change all around.”

There should be no doubt about U.S. involvement in the military coup in Honduras, June 28. Nothing happens in the Honduran military without U.S. knowledge and consent. Honduras is the original “banana republic,” once a wholly-owned subsidiary of the United Fruit Company (now Chiquita Brands) and for the last three generations a U.S. staging area for subverting governments throughout the hemisphere.

What the U.S.-backed Honduran coup illustrates is the difference between Barack Obama and George Bush. President Bush would likely have set the coup in motion with bombastic statements from the White House and State Department charging Honduran President Jose Manuel Zelaya with conspiring with Venezuela’s President Hugo Chavez and other leftist leaders to undermine governments in the region friendly to Washington. Rather than simply defend the local necessity of the coup, Bush would ratchet up the aggression with threats of regime-change all around. But of course, that’s one of the reasons Bush isn’t there anymore, and why after eight years of Bush’s counterproductive rants and threats U.S. corporations threw their money to the Democrats – specifically, the fresh new face of Barack Obama.
“Obama’s State Department continues to avoid even using the word 'coup.'”

Obama keeps the drama out of regime change, by pretending to be opposed to coups in principle. So Obama makes democratic noises – and then refuses to back them up with any actions that would cause U.S. clients in the Honduran military and oligarchy to relinquish power. Obama’s State Department continues to avoid even using the word “coup” to describe the military’s arrest and forced exile of President Zelaya. If the Americans acknowledged that a coup had occurred, they would be legally obligated to cut off millions of dollars in military and economic aid to Honduras. Latin American heads of state made it a point to meet directly with President Zelaya, to show their solidarity with his elected government. Obama sends underlings, to signal to the coup plotters that he’s got their back. Alone among members of the Organization of American States, the U.S. continues to maintain an ambassador in the Honduran capital. His name is Hugo Llorens, a Cuban exile and Republican holdover and multinational corporate political operative. Llorens has admitted to having participated in meetings where coup plans were discussed, although he claims he was simply an observer. Historically, in Latin America, the U.S. embassy has been ground zero for regime change. There is no reason to think the latest coup in Honduras is any different.

President Obama may have trouble pulling off his innocent act. The European Union is threatening to suspend $92 million in aid to Honduras, which caused Secretary of State Clinton to make a call, pretending to pressure the civilian coup leaders.

In the end, it is even possible that the U.S. will allow Zelaya to return, although in a weakened condition.

The coup will have served as a lesson to Latin America, that the U.S. is still in the regime-change business, even if Barack Obama denies it with a straight face.

ShareThis [4]
Honduras coup Zelaya exiled
Source URL: http://www.blackagendareport.com/?q=content/bush-and-obama-different-styles-coup-making

Links:

[1] http://media.libsyn.com/media/blackagendareport/20090722_gf_Honduras.mp3
[4] http://www.blackagendareport.com/?q=content/bush-and-obama-different-styles-coup-making

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Obama Lies on Two Continents, is Denounced in New York

By Glen Ford
Created 07/22/2009 - 04:48
by BAR executive editor Glen Ford

Barack Obama may be the most effective propagandist for U.S. imperialism in a very long time. But his narrative to Africans is built on blatant falsehoods, and his spiel to Black America is fundamentally dishonest and evasive. Demonstrators in Manhattan declared: “We will no longer tolerate a message from within our community, that the policies of Barack Obama cannot be criticized.”

Obama Lies on Two Continents, is Denounced in New York
by BAR executive editor Glen Ford

“Obama peddled his relabeled imperial snake oil to Blacks on both sides of the Atlantic.”

President Barack Obama tells essentially the same lies as his predecessors, but does it better. His deceptions are aided enormously by the willed receptivity of the desperately hopeful – and none are more eager to believe than Africans and African Americans. In July, Obama peddled his relabeled imperial snake oil to Blacks on both sides of the Atlantic. At the NAACP’s national convention in Manhattan, and before the Ghanaian parliament in Accra, Obama’s message was the same: There will be no redress of your historical and current grievances. Get over it.

Obama’s gall is boundless. When the accumulated facts of centuries stand in the way of his mythmaking, he conjures up counter-facts to fit a counter-logic. In order to shame Africa into holding still to be gang-raped of her resources – by now an almost 600-year agony – Obama invents a totally false history of South Korea’s economic rise. As the story goes, Kenya’s economy was larger than South Korea’s when Obama’s father came to the United States in the early Sixties. But the South Korean government, “working with the private sector and civil society, was able to create a set of institutions that provided transparency and accountability and efficiency that allowed for extraordinary economic progress,” said Obama. There “was no reason why African countries could not do the same.”

“Obama tells huge lies in order to advance U.S. policy goals.”

Of course, little of what Obama said about South Korea or Africa is true, and history provides plenty of reasons why African countries were not in a position to grow at anything like the speed of South Korea. In the real world, South Korea’s economic expansion had no basis in “transparency” or collaboration with “civil society.” As Thom Hartman explained in a July 14 article [1]:

“This economic development of South Korea started following a military coup in 1961, where General Park Chung-Hee began South Korea's economic assent by implementing short-term plans for economic development. He instituted the Heavy and Chemical Industrialization program, and South Korea's first steel mill and modern shipyard went into production. In addition, South Korea began producing its own cars. Electronics, machinery, chemicals plants soon followed, all sponsored or subsidized by the government.”

A military dictatorship set South Korea on the path to industrial development at just about the time Obama was being born. The United States allowed its Korean satellite to protect and grow its fledgling industries as a capitalist showcase and bulwark against North Korea and communism in general. Today, South Korea’s economy is controlled by a tight circle of conglomerates.

Corruption is endemic. A former president committed suicide in May when he faced questioning in a $6 million bribery scandal – and that’s very small change by Korean standards. Obama is talking nonsense.

“He is arguing that Africans are suffering from some collective character flaw.”

Africa’s neocolonial masters would not tolerate a Black African nation that subsidized industries that might effectively compete with the U.S. and Europe – as South Korea does. The International Monetary Fund and the World Bank, part of the economic arsenal with which Europe and America discipline uppity Third Worlders, have effectively proscribed Black Africa’s areas of acceptable growth – acceptable, that is, to the rich nations of the world.

We understand that Obama tells huge lies in order to advance U.S. policy goals, foreign and domestic. But his lies to Africans and African Americans are purposely cruel, designed to rub sensitive areas of Black self-esteem. When Obama says there is “no reason why African nations could not do the same” as his false version of Korea, he is arguing that Africans are suffering from some collective character flaw.

In the same way, Obama’s constant refrains about “good governance” are reminders of colonial-era white claims that Africans were incapable of governing themselves. They still sting. But, as Toronto-based activist/author Gerald Caplan wrote in the July 13 issue [2] of The Nation, there is no factual basis for Obama’s assertion that "you're not going to get investment without good governance":

“That's just wrong. For decades most foreign investment in Africa has gone to South Africa first, even under apartheid, and then to such oil-rich nations as Angola and Nigeria. First and foremost, western companies, backed energetically by their embassies, are after Africa's resources--oil, gas and to a lesser extent minerals. These are the very sectors where we find vast corruption, environmental degradation, the vicious exploitation of African labor, and, often enough, Africa's wars. In no case does good governance play a role in investment decisions. Often enough venal leaders are precisely what investors look for.”

Obama turns truth on its head. His lies are aggressive, insulting, virulent – but effective, because they put the African audience on the defensive. Anxious about their own collective shortcomings, many fail to examine the illogic and pure fallacies of the American president’s nonsensical presentation.

False Empathy

Obama pulled a slick switch on the NAACP’s upscale crowd at the New York Hilton, last Thursday [3]. The president spent an impressive amount of time itemizing the myriad ways that African Americans suffer disproportionately because of “structural inequalities [emphasis mine] that our nation's legacy of discrimination has left behind; inequalities still plaguing too many communities and too often the object of national neglect.” It was beginning to sound as if Obama was about to recognize the need to confront institutional (sometimes called “structural”) racism with targeted programs – something he has refused to do as a matter of core philosophical principle.

“Obama had shifted from a focus on particular Black grievances to the Reaganesque politics of 'a rising tide lifts all boats.'”

But of course, it was not to be. The president’s empathetic recitation of Black grievances raised expectations of an appropriate legislative and executive response – and a large segment of the crowd clearly believed they had heard Obama propose specific programs to confront these “structural inequalities” that plague Black folks. Then suddenly, Obama switched gears – and terminology. Structural inequalities would be tackled through “a comprehensive approach [italics mine] to ending poverty.” In Obama’s formulation, “comprehensive” means “general” – not targeted at any identifiable groups suffering from what “our nation’s legacy of discrimination has left behind.”

Without missing a beat, Obama had shifted from a focus on particular Black grievances to the Reaganesque politics of “a rising tide lifts all boats.” He would “lay a new foundation for growth and prosperity that will put opportunity within the reach of not just African Americans, but all Americans. All Americans.” And the crowd cheered, seeming not to realize that Obama’s peroration was actually a promise not to extend any special, programmatic help to devastated Black America. It was all about the rising tide, lifting everybody. “Of every race. Of every creed. From every region of the country. We want everybody to participate in the American Dream. That's what the NAACP is all about.” (Applause.)

The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People roared its approval of their president’s pledge to do nothing special to advance colored people.
There are lots of ways to lie, and Obama seems to have mastered all of them. His performance before the NAACP’s centennial convention gave delegates the impression that he both recognized and would act to counter the effects of historically rooted, institutional (or “structural”) racism. He then used a terminological device (the word “comprehensive”) to retreat to “race neutral” territory without most of the audience noticing. It was high deception, the moral equivalent of a lie.

You Will Not Stifle Debate

““Crimes against humanity do not become OK because a Black man is presiding over these crimes.”

“We must not be discouraged because of our numbers,” said Nellie Bailey, of the Harlem Antiwar Coalition, standing on the Sixth Avenue sidewalk a block away from the New York Hilton Hotel, where President Obama was inside, wowing the crowd. Bailey and an assortment of perhaps 50 activists shared the corner with tourists and cops.

“There is an effort to silence us within our own respective movements,” said the veteran community organizer. “But Blacks and progressives are beginning to openly question Obama’s policies. We will no longer tolerate a message from within our community, that the policies of Barack Obama cannot be criticized.”

Despite the fraying of support for Obama on the Left, the July 16 event appeared to be the first public demonstration against the president, albeit a small affair. Turning toward the Hilton, Bailey shouted: “You will not stifle debate, discussion and analysis within our community. We are going to expose this imperialist for who he is.”

Carl Dix, of the Revolutionary Communist Party, took his turn at the mic. “They may put a Black man in the White House, but they’re not going to stop their cops gunning Black men down in the street,” said Dix. “Crimes against humanity do not become OK because a Black man is presiding over these crimes.”

Diop Olugbala, of the Uhuru Movement, possessed the most impressive anti-Obama credentials. On August 1 of last year, when most Leftists were busy acting like Obama groupies, Olugbala and a few others at an Obama rally in St. Petersburg, Florida, unfurled a banner that demanded “What about the black community, Obama?” Olugbala and the Uhuru crew verbally confronted the candidate, and clearly rattled him.

“Barack Obama has told us that racial oppression is no longer a significant factor in life,” said Olugbala, the last speaker at the demo on Sixth Avenue. “Obama is the new face, to seduce the world into compliance with U.S. imperialism.”

BAR executive editor Glen Ford can be contacted at [email protected] [4].

ShareThis [5]
anti-Obama demo Obama at NAACP Obama in Ghana Obamarama
Source URL: http://www.blackagendareport.com/?q=content/obama-lies-two-continents-denounced-new-york

Links:[/b]
[1] http://www.smirkingchimp.com/thread/22803
[2] http://www.thenation.com/doc/20090720/caplan
[3] http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/jul/17/text-obamas-speech-naacp/print/
[4] mailto:[email protected]
[5] http://www.blackagendareport.com/?q=content/obama-lies-two-continents-denounced-new-york

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
EVERYBODY KNOWS

And they know that we know that they know we know!

EVERYBODY KNOWS YOU BANKSTERS EXECUTED:

JFK RFK MLK Malcolm X

And, that you covered it up.  The King family has gone on record that Ray had nothing to do with the coup of the downtrodden in America. How dare you banksters start this insane conditioning. Everybody knows.

And besides all of that, those people were loved for speaking truth to power.  Barack Obama is just another puppet like Bush and Clinton who is only doing as told. That is why his numbers are plummeting. The only ones to gain from such insanity and cowardly, neanderthal behaviour is the incestuous queen who controls him on his ipod anyway...

We all know that the queen bith is controlling all of our politicians.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACY KILLED MLK, JR.
Separate Justice Department Report Expected
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/1999/12/08/civilrights/main73745.shtml
MEMPHIS, Tennessee, Dec. 9, 1999

(CBS)  The widow of Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. says she feels vindicated by a jury's finding in December 1999 that her husband was the victim of a conspiracy, not a lone assassin, and says it is the duty of the Justice Department to look at the information presented in the Memphis case.

"I think that if people will look at the evidence that we have, it's conclusive and I think the Justice Department has a responsibility to do what it feels is the right thing to do, the just thing to do," Coretta Scott King, told CBS Early Show Anchor Bryant Gumbel a day after the trial.

The jury of six blacks and six whites deliberated only about three hours before returning the verdict in a civil lawsuit brought by the King family, reports CBS News Correspondent Jennifer Jones. They had sued Lloyd Jowers, a 73-year-old retired Memphis businessman who claimed six years ago that he paid someone other than James Earl Ray to kill King.

The Kings were awarded $100 in damages, but they weren't after money. What they wanted was a verdict that would lend support to their call for a new investigation of the killing.

"It's been painful and also has been bittersweet," said King's son, Dexter, who led the family's pursuit of the truth. "Bitter because of the tragedy, obviously, but liberating in the sense and sweet that we have been vindicated and ultimately that the significant of this historical verdict that really rewrites history is liberating. Now we can move on with our lives, have a sense of closure and healing."

William Pepper, the Kings' lawyer, told jurors Jowers was part of a vast conspiracy involving the Mafia and agents of the federal government. He said King was targeted because of his opposition to the Vietnam War and plans for a huge march on Washington.

A cover-up following the assassination in Memphis in 1968 involved the FBI, CIA, the media and Army intelligence, as well as many state and city officials, Pepper said. He told the jurors they could rewrite history with a conspiracy verdict.

"We're asking you to send a message...to all of those in power that you cannot get away with it," Pepper said during his closing argument.

Ray confessed to the murder in 1969 but recanted and spent the rest of his life trying to get a trial. He died from liver disease last year.

Ray's guilty plea was upheld eight times by state and federal courts. A U.S. House committee concluded in 1978 that Ray was the killer but he may have had help before or after the assassination. The comittee did not find any government involvement in the murder.

"The jury also heard a great deal of evidence which exonerated James Earl Ray," Pepper said Thursday. "That should be made clear because there are spins coming out indicating that James was part of this conspiracy. That's not what the jury found or heard. They heard strong evidence that James was an unknowing patsy."

Jowers owned a small restaurant, Jim's Grill, across the street from the Lorraine Motel, where King was killed. On the day of the murder, Ray, a prison escapee from Missouri, rented a room under an assumed name in a rooming house above Jim's Grill.

In 1993, Jowers said on ABC-TV that he hired King's killer as a favor to an underworld figure who was a friend. He did not identify the purported killer, but said it wasn't Ray.

Jowers, who has never repeated the claim, was sick for much of the trial and did not testify.

Lewis Garrison, Jowers' lawyer, told jurors they could reasonably conclude King was the victim of a conspiracy but said his client's role was minor at best.

He said it was hard to believe that "the owner of a greasy spoon and an escaped convict" could have pulled off King's assassination.

Pepper said King was killed because of his opposition to the war and his planned "poor people's march" on Washington. Those activities angered big-money defense contractors and threatened a redistribution of wealth in America, he said.

King planned to assemble thousands of protesters at a tent city in Washington and those in power "were afraid that mob would overrun the capital," Pepper said.

The order to kill King, Pepper said, came from the head of organized crime in New Orleans to a Memphis produce dealer who got Jowers to handle the payoff and murder weapon. An Army sniper squad was in place to shoot King if the Mafia hit failed, Pepper said.

John Campbell, a prosecutor with the Shelby County district attorney general's office who has investigated the assassination but was not involved in the Jowers trial, said the conspiracy claims have no merit.

"We looked at this off and on for five years ... and I've still seen nothing that would change my opinion" that Ray acted alone, Campbell said.

Last year, U.S. Attorney General Janet Reno ordered a limited investigation by the Justice Department into two allegations of a conspiracy in the King murder. One was Jowers' claim. The other was a statement by former FBI Agent Donald Wilson that he found papers in Ray's car that might support a conspiracy.

Justice Department Deputy Attorney General Eric Holder says the report is almost complete and could be released within weeks. But Holder says he doubts the report or the Memphis case will lead to any criminal charges.

But at a news conference in Atlanta, Dexter King said his family was just happy to have resolved decades of doubts. "We don't care what the Justice Department does," Because of inforation that came out in the Memphis trial, he said, "We believe that this case is over. ... We know what happened. This is the period at the end of the sentence."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
JFK II: Harriman, Rockefeller, Bush Sr. and JFK
 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2928756561478705121

JFK II - The Bush Connection
www.latruth.com%2Findex2.php%3Foption%3Dcom_content%26do_pdf
LATruth
Louisiana Truth News
U.S. & World Politics
Local New Orleans, Mandeville, Covington, Baton Rouge, Hammond
We Are Change

A newly discovered FBI document reveals that George Bush was directly involved in the 1963 murder of President John
Kennedy. The document places Bush working with the now-famous CIA agent, Felix Rodriguez, recruiting right-wing
Cuban exiles for the invasion of Cuba. It was Bush's CIA job to organize the Cuban community in Miami for the invasion.
The Cubans were trained as marksmen by the CIA. Bush at that time lived in Texas. Hopping from Houston to Miami
weekly, Bush spent 1960 and '61 recruiting Cubans in Miami for the invasion. That is how he met Felix Rodriguez.
You may remember Rodriguez as the Iran-contra CIA agent who received the first phone call telling the world the CIA
plane flown by Gene Hasenfus had crashed in Nicaragua. As soon as Rodriguez heard that the plane crashed, he called
his long-time CIA supervisor, George Bush. Bush denied being in the contra loop, but investigators recently obtained
copies of Oliver North's diary, which documents Bush's role as a CIA supervisor of the contra supply network.

In 1988 Bush told Congress he knew nothing about the illegal supply flights until 1987, yet North's diary shows Bush at
the first planning meeting Aug. 6, 1985. Bush's "official" log placed him somewhere else. Such double sets of logs are
intended to hide Bush's real role in the CIA; to provide him with "plausible deniability." The problem is, it fell apart
because too many people, like North and Rodriguez, have kept records that show Bush's CIA role back to the 1961
invasion of Cuba. (Source: The Washington Post, 7/10/90).

That is exactly how evidence was uncovered placing George Bush working with Felix Rodriguez when JFK was killed. A
memo from FBI head J. Edgar Hoover was found, stating that, "Mr. George Bush of the CIA had been briefed on
November 23rd, 1963 about the reaction of anti-Castro Cuban exiles in Miami to the assassination of President Kennedy.
(Source: The Nation, 8/13/88).

On the day of the assassination Bush was in Texas, but he denies knowing exactly where he was. Since he had been
the supervisor for the secret Cuban teams, headed by former Cuban police commander Felix Rodriguez, since 1960, it is
likely Bush was also in Dallas in 1963. Several of the Cubans he was supervising as dirty-tricks teams for Nixon, were
photographed in the Zagruder film.

In 1959 Rodriguez was a top cop in the Cuban government under Batista. When Batista was overthrown and fled to
Miami, Rodriguez went with him, along with Frank Sturgis and Rafael Quintero. Officially, Rodriguez didn't join the CIA
until 1967, after the CIA invasion of Cuba, in which he participated, and the assassination of JFK. But records recently
uncovered show he actually joined the CIA in 1961 for the invasion of Cuba when he was recruited by George Bush.
That is how Rodriguez claims he became a "close personal friend of Bush."

Then "officially" Rodriguez claims he quit the CIA in 1976, just after he was sent to prison for his role in the Watergate
burglary. However, according to Rolling Stone reporters Kohn & Monks (11/3/88), Rodriguez still goes to CIA
headquarters monthly to receive assignments and have his blue 1987 bulletproof Cadillac serviced. Rodriguez was
asked by a Rolling Stone reporter where he was the day JFK was shot, and claims he can't remember.

George Bush claims he never worked for the CIA until he was appointed director by former Warren Commission director
and then President Jerry Ford, in 1976. Logic suggests that is highly unlikely. Of course, Bush has a company duty to
deny being in the CIA. The CIA is a secret organization. No one ever admits to being a member. The truth is that Bush
has been a top CIA official since before the 1961 invasion of Cuba, working with Felix Rodriguez. Bush may deny his
actual role in the CIA in 1959, but there are records in the files of Rodriguez and others involved in the Bay of Pigs
invasion of Cuba that expose Bush's role. The corporations would not put somebody in charge of all the state secrets
held by the CIA unless he was experienced and well trained in the CIA. (Source: Project Censored Report, Feb 1989, Dr
Carl Jensen, Sonoma State College).

Recently I interviewed former CIA liaison officer L. Fletcher Prouty. He is a consultant for the excellent new movie on how
the CIA killed JFK, being made by Oliver Stone. He told me that one of the projects he did for the CIA was in 1961 to
deliver US Navy ships from a Navy ship yard to the CIA agents in Guatemala planning the invasion of Cuba. He said he
delivered three ships to a CIA agent named George Bush, who had the 3 ships painted to look like they were civilian
ships. That CIA agent then named the 3 ships after: his wife, his home town and his oil company. He named the ships:
Barbara, Houston & Zapata. Any book on the history of the Bay of Pigs will prove the names of those 3 ships. Again, this
is more finger prints of George Bush's involvement in the Bay of Pigs invasion. Yet Bush denies his role in this great
adventure. Why would Bush be so shy about his role in this war? What is the secret? Is there something dirty about this
war that Bush & Nixon don't want the public to know about?
Answer: Yes there is. The same people involved in the Bay of Pigs were the people involved in the Watergate burglary.
Why was the Watergate burgalarized [sic]? The CIA was trying to plug up a possible news leak. They were trying to stop
the Democrats from publishing the photos of Hunt & Sturgis under arrest for the murder of JFK (May 7, 1977, SF
Chronicle.)
Presently, there is a law suit attempting to force the government to release the records about the Bay of Pigs invasion.
Why are those documents still secret? Why are they locked in the National Archives along with all the photos from [the]
Dallas assassination of JFK? Why are the 4000 hours of Watergate tapes in which Nixon is babbling about the
mysterious connections between the Bay of Pigs, Dallas and Watergate also being sealed in the National Archives? Is it
because all three incidents are connected?
Yes. We must demand the secret files on these 3 cases be released now. For a copy of the petition to release the files,
please write to: Paul Kangas, private investigator, POB 422644, SF, CA 94142. Thanks to Oliver Stone's blockbuster
new movie on JFK there is now sufficient national movement to reopen all these cases. The White House fears Stone's
new movie so much that they have hired more CIA journalists to slander the movie & Stone. Don't fall for it. Every serious
investigator now agrees that Oswald did not shoot JFK. That James Earl Ray did not shoot Dr. Martin Luther King and
that Sirhan Sirhan did not shoot Robert Kennedy. These cases must be reopened so that Sirhan and Ray can be set
free. The only bar that keeps Sirhan in prison is the tremendous anti-arab racism in Americans: in both blacks & whites.
According to a biography of Richard Nixon, his close personal and political ties with the Bush family go back to 1941
when Nixon claims he read an ad in an L A. newspaper, placed by a wealthy group of businessmen, led by Prescot
Bush, the father of George Bush. They wanted a young, malleable candidate to run for Congress. Nixon applied for the
position and won the job. Nixon became a mouthpiece for the Bush group. (Source: Freedom Magazine, 1986, L.F.
Prouty).
In fact, Prescot Bush is credited with creating the winning ticket of Eisenhower-Nixon in 1952.(Source: George Bush, F.
Green, Hipocrene, 1988).
Newly discovered FBI documents prove that Jack Ruby has been an employee of Richard Nixon since 1947. That that
[sic] FBI document Ruby is listed as working as a spy & hit man for Nixon. On Nov. 22, 63 Ruby was seen by a women
who knew him well, Julian Ann Mercer, approximately an hour before the arrival of JFK's motorcade, unloading a man
carrying a rifle in a case at the Grassy Knoll from his car. Ruby later was seen on national TV killing a witness who could
link Nixon & Bush to the killing of JFK: Oswald. On the Trail of the Assassins, Garrison, p xiii.
Richard Nixon was Vice President from 1952 until 1960. In fact, Nixon was given credit for planning Operation 40, the
secret 1961 invasion of Cuba, during his 1959 campaign for President After Batista was kicked out by the starving people
of Cuba, and Fidel Castro came to power, Castro began telling American corporations they would have to pay Cuban
employees decent wages. Even worse, Pepsi Cola was told it would now have to pay world market prices for Cuban
sugar.

Pepsi, Ford Motor Co., Standard Oil and the Mafia drug dealers decided Fidel had to be removed since his policies of
requiring corporations to pay market wages was hurting their profits. So the corporations asked then Vice-President
Nixon to remove Fidel. Nixon promised he would, just as soon as he'd won the 1960 elections against some underdog,
an unknown Democrat named John Kennedy. It would be an easy victory for Nixon. The polls had Nixon winning by a
landslide. Besides, Kennedy was a Catholic, and Americans would no more elect a Catholic President than they would
elect a woman, a black or a Jew. This was 1959.

Nixon told Pepsi, Standard Oil and other corporations who lost property given back to the farmers of Cuba, that if they
would help him win, he would authorize an invasion to remove Castro. To further impress contributors to his campaign,
then Vice-President Nixon asked the CIA to create Operation 40, a secret plan to invade Cuba, just as soon as he won.
The CIA put Texas millionaire and CIA agent George Bush in charge of recruiting Cuban exiles into the CIA's invasion
army. Bush was working with another Texas oilman, Jack Crichton, to help him with the invasion. A fellow Texan, Air
Force General Charles Cabel, was asked to coordinate the air cover for the invasion.

Most of the CIA leadership around the invasion of Cuba seems to have been people from Texas. A whole Texan branch
of the CIA is based in the oil business. If we trace Bush's background in the Texas oil business we discover his two
partners in the oil-barge leasing business: Texan Robert Mosbacher and Texan James Baker. Mosbacher is now
Secretary of Commerce and Baker is Secretary of State, the same job Dulles held when JFK was killed. (Source:
Common Cause magazine, 3-4/90).

On the Watergate tapes, June 23, 1972, referred to in the media as the "smoking gun" conversation, Nixon and his Chief
of Staff, H.R. Haldeman, discussed how to stop the FBI investigation into the CIA Watergate burglary. They were worried
that the investigation would expose their conection to "the Bay of Pigs thing." Haldeman, in his book The Ends of Power,
reveals that Nixon always used code words when talking about the 1963 murder of JFK. Haldeman said Nixon would
always refer to the assassination as "the Bay of Pigs."

On that transcript we find Nixon discussing the role of George Bush's partner, Robert Mosbacher, as one of the Texas
fundraisers for Nixon. On the tapes Nixon keeps refering to the "Cubans" and the "Texans." The "Texans" were Bush,
Mosbacher and Baker. This is another direct link between Bush and evidence linking Nixon and Bush to the Kennedy
assassination.

In the same discussion Nixon links "the Cubans," "the Texans," "Helms," "Hunt," "Bernard Barker," Robert "Mosbacher"
and "the Bay of Pigs." Over and over on the Watergate tapes, these names come up around the discussion of the photos
from Dallas that Nixon was trying to obtain when he ordered the CIA to burglarize the Watergate. (Source: Three Men
and a Barge", Teresa Riordan, Common Cause magazine, March/April 1990, and San Francisco Chronicle, May 7,1977,
interview with Frank Sturgis in which he stated that "the reason we burglarized the Watergate was because Nixon was
interested in stopping news leaking related to the photos of our role in the assassination of President John Kennedy.")
After Nixon's landslide victory in 1972, he knew he had to centralize all power into the White House to keep his faction in
power, not only to hold power, but to prevent the media from digging into how he secretly shot his way into the White
House, just like Hitler shot his way into control of Germany. The first thing Nixon did was to demand signed resignations
of his entire government. "Eliminate everyone," he told John Ehrlichman about reappointment, "except George Bush.
Bush will do anything for our cause." (Source: Pledging Allegiance, Sidney Blumenthal.)

The reason why Bush will 'do anything" is because his hands have as much of Kennedy's blood on them as do Nixon's,
Hunt's, Sturgis's, Felix Rodriguez's and Gerald Ford's. This White House gang fears that if the public ever realizes how
they shot their way into power it could set off a spark that would destroy their fragile fraud and land them in jail.
Other famous Watergate members of the CIA invasion that Bush recruited were Frank Sturgis, E. Howard Hunt, Bernard
Barker and Rafael Quintero. Quintero has said publicly that if he ever told what he knew about Dallas and the Bay of
Pigs, "It would be the biggest scandal ever to rock the nation."

Meanwhile, in 1960, Prescot Bush was running Nixon's campaign. Nixon was sent to South Vietnam to assure the
French-connection government there that if France pulled out, the U.S. would step in to protect the drug trade from the
GoIden Triangle. (Source: Frontline, 1988, "Guns. Drugs and the CIA"; Alexander Cockburn; "Cocaine, the CIA and Air
America," S.F. Examiner, Feb. 2, '91; The Politics of Heroin in Southeast Asia, Alfred McCoy, 1972.)

In 1959, Vice President Nixon was flying all over the world, acting just like presidential material. It was an easy race for
Nixon. Congressman Jerry Ford was doing a great job fundraising for Nixon, as was George Bush. The rich loved Nixon.
The media picked up every bone Nixon tossed out to them. The biggest problem was that Nixon was afraid to speak
openly of his plan to invade Cuba. The plan was a secret. No sense in alerting Cuba to the coming invasion. But
Kennedy was taking a harder line on Cuba than Nixon, because Kennedy was not aware of the corporate/CIA planned
invasion.

Nixon lost the 1960 race by the smallest margin in history. At first Bush, Nixon, Cabel and Hunt decided to just go ahead
with the invasion, without informing President Kennedy. Then, at the last second, at 4 a.m., just two hours before the
invasion was set to go, General Cabel called JFK and asked for permission to provide U.S. air cover for the CIA invasion.
Kennedy said no.

The CIA was furious with JFK but decided to go ahead with their private invasion anyway. Due to poor intelligence, the
CIA landed at the worst possible beach. A swamp. The invasion failed. The CIA lost 15 of its best men, killed, with
another 1100 in Cuban prisons. It was the worst single blow the CIA ever suffered. (Source: F. Howard Hunt, Give Us
This Day.)

Bush, Nixon and Hunt blamed Cabel for asking Kennedy and blamed Kennedy for saying no. They were livid with anger.
Nixon's corporate sponsors ordered JFK to make any deal necessary to recover the 1100 CIA agents imprisoned in
Cuba. JFK did. Once the CIA had its well-trained Cubans back, they decided to continue the invasion of Cuba just as
soon as they could get rid of that S.O.B. Kennedy.

The 1964 election was fast approaching. Nixon was running against Kennedy again. Bush, Ford and Nixon knew that
they had to get rid of JFK now, or else the Kennedy clan, with Robert and Ted in the wings, could control the White
House until 1984. They decided not to wait until '84 to get back in the White House. The Cuban teams of "shooters"
began following Kennedy from city to city looking for a window of opportunity to shoot from. They came close in Chicago,
but couldn't get the cooperation of Mayor Daley.

But in Dallas they had an ace. The mayor was the brother of General Cabel, whom the CIA blamed for the failure of the
invasion. The general prevailed on his brother, Earl, and the motorcade was changed to pass the grassy knoll at 7 m.p.h.
Hunt and Sturgis shot JFK from the grassy knoll. They were arrested, photographed and seen by 15 witnesses. But the
media turned a blind eye to the photos, and for 25 years the world has been searching for the truth.

On the day JFK was murdered, Nixon, Hunt and some of the Watergate crew were photographed in Dallas, as were a
group of Cubans, one holding an umbrella up, like a signal, next to the President's limo just as Kennedy was shot. The
Cubans can be seen holding up the signal umbrella in the Zapruder film and dozens of stills taken during the
assassination. After the murder they can be seen calmly walking away.

Nixon denied he was in Dallas that day, but new photos and stories prove he was there. Nixon claimed to the FBI he
couldn't remember where he was when JFK was killed. (Source: FBI memo, Feb. 23, 1964, published in Coup d'etat in
America, Weberman & Canfield). Bush, too, claims he can't remember where he was. Jack Anderson did a TV special in
1988 proving beyond any shadow of doubt that two of the tramps arrested in Dallas behind the grassy knoll were Hunt
and Sturgis.

After the murder, former Vice President Nixon asked President Lyndon Johnson to appoint Nixon's friend, former FBI
agent Jerry Ford, to run the Warren Commission. Nixon also asked LBJ to appoint Nixon's long-time supporter, Judge
Earl Warren, to head the Commission. LBJ agreed. Ford interviewed all the witnesses and decided which ones would be
heard and which ones eliminated. It is no coincidence that Nixon selected Ford as his Vice President after Spiro Agnew
was ousted. When Nixon himself got busted in the Watergate scandal, Earl Warren offered to set up another special
commission if it would help get him out of trouble again. Ford, of course, pardoned Nixon for the Watergate burglary but
Nixon is still not out of the woods. There are 4000 hours of Watergate tape. On the June 23, 1972, discussions with John
Ehrlichman and Haldeman there is clear evidence that Nixon is openly "confessing" to hiring Hunt to kill JFK. That is why
the Watergate "investigation" went into secret session after Congress heard some of the tapes. This is why only 12 hours
of 4000 hours have been released to the public.

Did Congress realize that Nixon and Bush had openly discussed killing JFK for stopping the air cover for the Bay of Pigs
invasion of Cuba? Remember, Nixon taped virtually every discussion he had with anyone in his inner circle, including
Bush, in order to blackmail people later. There is a photo of Bush reporting to Nixon in the White House in 1968. It will be
interesting to see what they were talking about on that day, when the full 4000 hours are finally released. The key to
unlocking the secrets behind the 1963 murder of JFK is hidden in the 3988 hours of unreleased White House tapes.
Bush was in Dallas the day Reagan was shot. (Source: George Bush, F. Green, 1988.) That must have given Bush a
flashback to November 22,1963.

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
does ptech software run twitter?

NSA, CIA, FBI, SS, NRO, NSA, DHS...PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS INTERVIEW...

http://www.h-files.hraunfjord.org/Sweejak/singh_corbin_1.mp3
http://www.h-files.hraunfjord.org/Sweejak/singh_corbin_1.1.mp3
http://www.h-files.hraunfjord.org/Sweejak/singh_corbin_1.2.mp3

Could ya follow up maybe?

You know like one guy, part time, on a weekend at least?

Maybe? Pretty please with sugar on top?  Just for shits and giggles?

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
Doesn't Rachel know that her employer helped to exterminate millions? I think Rachel Maddow took Cecil Rhodes address to congress "The White Man's Burden" very seriously and does not realize it is the most racist insanity known to man. That is Rachel Maddow, a Cecil Rhodes scholar.  For those of you unfamiliar, "White Man's Burden" philosophy led to the genocide of millions of Africans by the British Crown and the DeBeers family.  They did this through running the slave trade, diamond trade, and narcotics trade for hundreds of years.

Maddow exposes big money behind healthcare reform protests
[But fails to expose the General Electric $200 Billion incentive in pushing this eugenics legislation,
Fails to expose Millions in lobbying to Obamacare legislators,
Fails to expose the $18 Billion Bailout,
Fails to expose the $140 Billion in FDIC Bailouts,
Fails to expose the connection between General Electric and Nazi Germany,
Fails to expose the fact that GE will save $Billions with the anti-climate bill
Fails to expose her relationship with Cecil Rhodes and the "White Man's Burden"]

http://rawstory.com/08/news/2009/08/06/maddow-big-money-behind-health-care-reform-protests/
By David Edwards and Stephen Webster Published: August 6, 2009

On Wednesday night, MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow named names and called out Republican operatives and organizations that are “generating exploitative, manufactured, strategically deployed outrage” to benefit their corporate clientele.

These political consultants and big-money backers are selling “crazy, disprovable, but nevertheless endlessly stoked conspiracy theories that health care reform is communism, that it’s a secret plot to kill your grandpa, that it’s a government takeover, it’s something called Obama-care. It’s going to mandate abortions. It’s going to mandate sex change operations.”

She added: “I would make up something that could be the next crazy thing, but everything I could think of that is that crazy has already been actually used by these people.”

(Health reform, Maddow went on to say, is of course not a plot to kill old people.The GOP has claimed it is, pointing to a measure that would cover the cost of making a living will — even though that measure was proposed by a Republican.)

The centerpiece of Maddow’s shot at the so-called healthcare “mobs” was an examination of a Web site promoting protests during the congressional recess through August.

The site — recessrally.com — features a list of sponsoring groups that include familiar names in conservative spheres, such as Michelle Malkin and the Red State blog. But it also includes a number of vaguely-named organizations like “Freedom Works,” “American Majority” and “The Sam Adams Society.”

At time of this writing, recessrally.com and the site that appears to host some of its digital assets — americanlibertytour.com — were offline. In Google’s cache of both sites (1, 2), neither provides image assets and it was not immediately apparent as to why. Recess Rally’s Facebook page illustrates their ties to the tax day tea parties and advertises anti-health protests outside every congressman’s office on August 22.

And just who are behind these groups?

“The executive director of American Majority’s Minnesota office — ko’inky dink — regional field director for Bush-Cheney ‘04,” began Maddow. “Executive director of their Kansas office would be a former Republican state legislator; executive director of their Oklahoma office, a former Washington, D.C. conservative lobbyist — you know, just your average middle-class Americans.”

Another ‘Recess Rally’ sponsor is The Sam Adams Society, run by “the former executive director of the Illinois State Republican Party,” said Maddow. “Sam Adams Alliance is also led by a former Dow Chemicals engineer who’s also president of the nation’s largest conservative state-level policy think tank…”

Finally, and what Maddow called “the most illustrative of all,” is Americans for Prosperity, run by Art Pope.

“Art Pope. Art Pope,” she said. “Why does that name sound familiar? Oh, right! That’s the headquarters of the North Carolina Republican Party. That building is named after Art Pope because Art Pope is a multi-millionaire far-right activist who’s given the Republican Party in North Carolina so much money over the years that they could think of no grander gesture than to name their headquarters building after him.”

After all, they’re just “average, middle-class Americans” much like yourself, Maddow concluded with a smirk.

This video is from MSNBC’s The Rachel Maddow Show, broadcast Aug. 5, 2009.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maddow provides evidence of ‘lynch mob ugliness’
http://rawstory.com/08/news/2009/08/07/health-care-protesters-cheer-for-lynch-mob-mentality/
By David Edwards and Stephen Webster Published: August 7, 2009

On Thursday night, MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow turned to the example of Congressman Frank Kratovil — who was “lynched” in effigy outside his office — for further “evidence of ugliness” amid the angry healthcare mobs that have been disrupting Democratic town halls over the past weeks.

In one congressman’s words, the “lynch mob mentality” that has prevailed in displays of uncivil discourse has become so extreme, in some cases elected representatives have received death threats or are calling off their town hall meetings for safety concerns.

Maddow also focused on an audience at a Republican town hall on fighting healthcare reform. The people actually applauded a comment about Democrats being lynched, then erupted into laughter when Rep. Todd Akin (R-MO) said, “I would assume you’re not approving lynchings, because we don’t want to do that.”

She added that the communications director for Rep. Brad Miller (D-NC) told Talking Points Memo on Wednesday that a caller had warned, “Miller could lose his life over [healthcare reform]” — an obvious threat.

“Our staffer took it so seriously, he confirmed what the guy was saying,” Communications Director LuAnn Canipe reportedly told TPM. “He said, ‘Sir is that a threat?’ and at that time our staffer was getting the phone number off caller ID and turning it over to the Capitol Police.”

Congressman Miller, much like a growing number of his House colleagues, will not be holding any healthcare town hall events during the August recess.

“Congressman Brian Baird of Washington [...] also announced that he won’t be scheduling any town hall meetings over the August recess because of what he called, quote, ‘a lynch-mob mentality out there. There is an ugliness to it,’ he said,” according to Maddow.

She continued: “And for evidence of that ugliness - well, Congressman Frank Kratovil, a freshman Democrat from Maryland [...] was recently lynched in effigy by an anti-health care reform protester outside his own office. Lynched in effigy, because of health care form.”

However, it is not just Democrats on the receiving end of anger in this debate. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported on Friday that several fights broke out at an aging summit hosted by Rep. Russ Carnahan (D-MO). Outside the meeting, Kenneth Gladney, a black, conservative activist, was beaten by unknown attackers. Numerous others were arrested, including a Post-Dispatch reporter, and others claimed police were detaining people for filming them.

“Sadly, they got out of control on both sides,” Carnahan said. “That’s not helpful, and I condemn that activity.”

Maddow also pointed out that hardline Republican radio host Rush Limbaugh, arguably the strongest voice in his party, is adamantly comparing President Barack Obama — for his efforts to give poor people access to doctors — to genocidal Nazi leader Adolf Hitler.

“He’s just like Hitler,” said a sober Maddow. “And you know what that means he deserves, right?”

While RNC Chairman Michael Steele has denied his party is helping coordinate these mobs, the National Republican Congressional Committee is actively promoting them, she noted, and using them to taunt Democrats.

They are calling them a “recess roast” for Democrats, Maddow said.

“You know, there’s a reason why comparisons to Nazis and lynchings in effigy and death threats are unacceptable in public discourse, or at least they’re supposed to be,” she added. “They implicitly condone, if not encourage violence. It’s time to stop it before people get hurt.”

Rep. Brian Baird (D-WA) confessed on her show that he too would not be holding any town halls, suggesting that a telephone town hall — which can host 4,000 - 5,000 people at once — would be more appropriate so as to avoid angry crowds and potentially dangerous situations.

“What I’m opting not do is create a venue where people can purposefully intimidate other members of the community who want to be heard and want to express their views,” he said, adding that the GOP “absolutely has a responsibility to call for civility.”

“It’s not enough for them to say, ‘We’re not coordinating it, we’re not condoning it,’” Baird said.

This video is from MSNBC’s The Rachel Maddow Show, broadcast Aug. 6, 2009.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"A Time Comes When Silence Is Betrayal"

"Before the victory's won, some would be misunderstood and called bad names and dismissed as rabble rousers and agitators, but we shall overcome.

And I tell you why: We shall overcome because the arc of the moral universe is long but it bends toward justice".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"A Time Comes When Silence Is Betrayal".
http://www.911truth.ie/emails/101120/107.html
DATE: Wed, 26 Apr 2006
-----

These words are just as relevant today as when Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. first spoke them 39 years ago. At first glance they might be overlooked as just a simple protest against the war in Vietnam, but the relevance of this entire speech to the modern world we live in today, particularly issues like the truth of 9/11, can be heard in almost every inspiring point made. MLK mentions how "conformist thought" can end up preventing people from challenging their government sufficiently, especially in times of war, and how those who do speak out often then find it a "vocation of agony" because the current political climate deems it controversial or unpatriotic - nevertheless he says, "We must speak".

Although the speech is full of great parallels, that line alone - "A time comes when silence is betrayal" - is extremely poignant, because in the context of not questioning 9/11, in the face of overwhelming evidence that it should be questioned, that silence is a betrayal. It’s a betrayal not just to ourselves but to all the past generations who fought and died so that we may live in freedom, that silence is a betrayal to all the future generations who will inherit the world we leave them, and if we don’t question 9/11 that silence is a betrayal to all those who perished in the attacks and in the subsequent wars that 9/11 has disgustingly been used as currency to justify.

But for this silence to be a betrayal, whether it’s because of denial, forced circumstance, or just plain fear to speak out, the person not speaking out has to already know the facts and understand full well that they’re not doing the right thing. So, for the vast majority of uniformed people their silence can’t be described as a betrayal, because like the majority of people in the 9/11 truth movement - who also initially believed the official story - their silence most likely stems from being naïve, innocent, and ignorant to the facts.

That same understanding though can’t be applied to those in charge of the mainstream media who should be informing the uninformed masses, and whose silence is in effect a full betrayal - because they undoubtedly know that the official explanation, when critically analyzed, is the most outrageous and massively improbable conspiracy theory of them all. It is also beyond doubt there are many honest journalists and editors in the mainstream media who want desperately to break their silence, but have been prevented by "higher-ups".

So, it is up to those fighting for 9/11 truth to not only do the job of the media and inform the uninformed, but to also help those who are in denial - or who feel forced or intimidated - to break their betrayal of silence by making it socially acceptable to publicly question the previously unquestionable official account of 9/11. We must do that by establishing a credible, factual, and moral high ground which welcomes honest debate, and encourages individual research. Charlie Sheen’s inspiring efforts are a shining example of this approach as he has concentrated on a few key issues that make people think, and asks people to look at the information for themselves, draw their own conclusions, and debate.

Like the Charlie Sheen inspired "Challenge Me on the Facts" slogan for the 9/11 truth movement, a similar Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. inspired "Silence is Betrayal" slogan would make a great, simple, and thought provoking comment for anyone still convinced by the official story who can’t understand why questioning 9/11 should be so important to them.

"A Time Comes When Silence Is Betrayal".
www.911blogger.com
Martin Luther King - A Time to Break Silence - April 4th 1967
(10mb MP3)

-----

'No lie can live forever.'

There's a little song that we sing in our movement down in the South. I don't know if you've heard it. It has become the theme song: "We shall overcome. We shall overcome. Deep in my heart, I do believe, we shall overcome." You know, I've joined hands so often with students and others behind jail bars singing it, "We shall overcome."

Sometimes we've had tears in our eyes when we joined together to sing it, but we still decided to sing it, "We shall overcome." Oh, before this victory's won, some will have to get thrown in jail some more, but we shall overcome.

Don't worry about us. Before the victory's won, some of us will lose jobs, but we shall overcome. Before the victory's won, even some will have to face physical death.

But if physical death is the price that some must pay to free their children from a permanent psychological death, then nothing shall be more redemptive. We shall overcome. Before the victory's won, some would be misunderstood and called bad names and dismissed as rabble rousers and agitators, but we shall overcome.

And I tell you why: We shall overcome because the arc of the moral universe is long but it bends toward justice. We shall overcome because Carlisle is right, "No lie can live forever."

We shall overcome because William Cullen Bryant is right:
"Truth crushed to earth will rise again."

http://www.pipeline.com/~rgibson/overcomehistory.html

"Give Us the Ballot,"
Address at the Prayer Pilgrimage for Freedom
17 May 1957
Washington, D.C.

http://www.stanford.edu/group/King/publications/speeches/Give_us_the_ballot.html

There is something in our faith that says evil may so shape events, that Caesar will occupy the palace and Christ the cross (That's right), but one day that same Christ will rise up and split history into a.d. and b.c. (Yes), so that even the life of Caesar must be dated by his name. (Yes)

There is something in this universe (Yes, Yes) which justifies Carlyle in saying: "No lie can live forever." (All right) There is something in this universe which justifies William Cullen Bryant in saying: "Truth crushed to earth will rise again." (Yes. All right) There is something in this universe (Watch yourself) which justifies James Russell Lowell in saying:

Truth forever on the scaffold,

Wrong forever on the throne. (Oh yeah)

Yet that scaffold sways the future,

And behind the dim unknown

Stands God (All right), within the shadow,

Keeping watch above His own. (Yeah, yes)

Go out with that faith today. (All right, Yes) Go back to your homes in the Southland to that faith, with that faith today. Go back to Philadelphia, to New York, to Detroit and Chicago with that faith today (That's right): that the universe is on our side in the struggle. (Sure is, Yes) Stand up for justice. (Yes)

Sometimes it gets hard, but it is always difficult to get out of Egypt, for the Red Sea always stands before you with discouraging dimensions. (Yes) And even after you've crossed the Red Sea, you have to move through a wilderness with prodigious hilltops of evil (Yes) and gigantic mountains of opposition. (Yes) But I say to you this afternoon: Keep moving. (Go on ahead) Let nothing slow you up. (Go on ahead) Move on with dignity and honor and respectability. (Yes)

I realize that it will cause restless nights sometimes. It might cause losing a job; it will cause suffering and sacrifice. (That's right) It might even cause physical death for some. But if physical death is the price that some must pay (Yes sir) to free their children from a permanent life of psychological death (Yes, sir), then nothing can be more Christian. (Yes sir) Keep going today. (Yes sir) Keep moving amid every obstacle. (Yes sir) Keep moving amid every mountain of opposition. (Yes, sir, Yeah) If you will do that with dignity (Say it), when the history books are written in the future, the historians will have to look back and say, "There lived a great people. (Yes sir, Yes) A people with ‘fleecy locks and black complexion (Yes),’ but a people who injected new meaning into the veins of civilization; a people which stood up with dignity and honor and saved Western civilization in her darkest hour (Yes); a people that gave new integrity and a new dimension of love to our civilization." (Yeah, Look out) When that happens, "the morning stars will sing together, (Yes, sir) and the sons of God will shout for joy." (Yes sir, All right) [applause] (Yes, That’s wonderful, All right)

-----

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
Sodini, Cho at Virginia, Kazmierczak all bought guns from same dealer

(CNN) -- A company that sold firearms merchandise to the Virginia Tech and Northern Illinois University shooters also sold firearm accessories to a man who fatally shot three women in a Pennsylvania gym earlier this week.
George Sodini purchased gun accessories from Web sites that sold to shooters in other high profile incidents.

George Sodini purchased gun accessories from Web sites that sold to shooters in other high profile incidents.

TGSCOM Inc. sold George Sodini a Glock magazine and a Glock magazine loader, company president Eric Thompson told CNN.

The company is based in Green Bay, Wisconsin, and sells firearms on dozens of Web sites it operates, including shotgunworks.com, which Sodini used to purchase the gun accessories on April 26, 2008, Thompson said.

Thompson said the company had no contact with Sodini and had no other receipts indicating he had ever purchased anything else from the company.
Don't Miss

* Gym shooter posted video monologues online
    * Gym shooter had "a lot of hatred," police say
    * Read an edited version of Sodini's diary (pdf)

Authorities say Sodini walked into a gym aerobics class outside Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and began shooting around 8 p.m. Tuesday, killing three women and wounding nine others before turning the gun on himself.

It was not immediately clear if Sodini used the accessories he bought from TGSCOM Inc. in the attack.

Two other shooters had used Web sites operated by TGSCOM Inc. to buy gun merchandise: Steven Kazmierczak, the NIU gunman who killed five students before turning the gun on himself on February 14, 2008, and Virginia Tech shooter Seung-Hui Cho.
advertisement

Kazmierczak had purchased two Glock 9 mm magazines and a Glock holster from www.topglock.com, and Cho bought a Walther P22 pistol from www.thegunsource.com.

Thompson said in a statement referring to Sodini that he was "deeply saddened by the tragic loss of life at the hands of a disturbed and socially stunted man." http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/08/07/gym.shooting.merchandise/index.html

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
Bilderberg's Washington Post assigned task of demonizing Americans
Obama as The Joker: Racial Fear's Ugly Face
'Political' Poster Turns On Violent Symbolism

By Philip Kennicott
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, August 6, 2009

Between Jack Nicholson's 1989 portrayal of the Joker in "Batman" and Heath Ledger's 2008 characterization in "The Dark Knight," something sinister happened to the villain's iconic makeup. What had been a mask, with the clearly delineated lines of a carnival character, became simply war paint, and not very well applied.    

The visual change signaled a change in the Joker's inner mechanism. Nicholson's dandified virtuoso of violence was replaced by a darker, more unpredictable and psychotic figure. What had been a caricature became more real and threatening. An urbane mocker of civilized values became simply a deformed product of urban violence.

It is the latter makeup job that has been superimposed over the face of President Obama in an anonymous Los Angeles poster campaign that is now the talk of the blogosphere, the airwaves and the 24/7 hermeneutical speculations of cable television. The image, which appears above the word "socialism," delights and distresses people roughly on the lines of the usual political cleavage, with wide agreement that the as-yet-unrevealed artist certainly intends it to be disrespectful. But there is little consensus about whether it is effective as political messagemaking.

Comparisons to Shepard Fairey's Obama posters, which rendered the president's face a boldly contrasted palette of red and blue above the blunt message "hope," generally tend to favor Fairey's artistry. The exhausted icon of last year's political campaign, now falling off bumpers and fading on T-shirts, had both a subtlety the current poster lacks and a simplicity that it desperately needs. Fairey's image included a clever visual play on red- and blue-state political values (a windmill rendered in red, a tank and dollar sign sketched in blue), but it required only one step of mental grammar: Obama is hope.

The new Obama poster has two basic thrusts. Obama is a socialist, or a crypto-socialist. And Obama is somehow like the Joker, unpredictable and dangerous. But joining these two messages together yields more questions and contradictions than good poster art can sustain. The Joker is violent and dangerous, but a socialist? And didn't we see George W. Bush depicted as the Joker not so long ago?

Yes, in an image by Drew Friedman published online by Vanity Fair on July 29, 2008. That drawing at least played into a view of Bush popular among his detractors, that the former president was unpredictable and fast on the draw when it came to geopolitics. But the danger many of Obama's detractors detect is more of calculating, long-standing deception, that he is quietly and secretly marshaling a socialist agenda, a view that would be better served by imagery that recalled "The Manchurian Candidate."
ad_icon

Even the first claim, that Obama is a socialist, isn't introducing anything new into the argument. Obama's opponents, in Congress and among pundits, have already raised the specter of socialism. The great virtue of an anonymous poster campaign is that it anticipates unspoken fears or claims, and leads the debate by insinuating and teasing out ideas that would be too explosive or alienating if simply dumped into the public forum by responsible actors.

Good posters lead on the viewer and tease us with hints about the unseen hand that has crafted the image. The Obama Joker poster leaves you with the sense that it has said everything it has to say, and waits only for the media to endorse the message through the legitimizing process peculiar to our new age of rapid-response journalism: that we are talking about it because you are talking about it, which means it must be worth talking about.

So why the anonymity? Perhaps because the poster is ultimately a racially charged image. By using the "urban" makeup of the Heath Ledger Joker, instead of the urbane makeup of the Jack Nicholson character, the poster connects Obama to something many of his detractors fear but can't openly discuss. He is black and he is identified with the inner city, a source of political instability in the 1960s and '70s, and a lingering bogeyman in political consciousness despite falling crime rates.

The Joker's makeup in "Dark Knight" -- the latest film in a long franchise that dramatizes fear of the urban world -- emphasized the wounded nature of the villain, the sense that he was both a product and source of violence. Although Ledger was white, and the Joker is white, this equation of the wounded and the wounding mirrors basic racial typology in America. Urban blacks -- the thinking goes -- don't just live in dangerous neighborhoods, they carry that danger with them like a virus. Scientific studies, which demonstrate the social consequences of living in neighborhoods with high rates of crime, get processed and misinterpreted in the popular unconscious, underscoring the idea. Violence breeds violence.

It is an ugly idea, operating covertly in that gray area that is always supposed to be opened up to honest examination whenever America has one of its "we need to talk this through" episodes. But it lingers, unspoken but powerful, leaving all too many people with the sense that exposure to crime creates an ineluctable propensity to crime.

Superimpose that idea, through the Joker's makeup, onto Obama's face, and you have subtly coded, highly effective racial and political argument. Forget socialism, this poster is another attempt to accomplish an association between Obama and the unpredictable, seeming danger of urban life. It is another effort to establish what failed to jell in the debate about Obama's association with Chicago radical William Ayers and the controversy over the racially charged sermons of the Rev. Jeremiah Wright.

Obama, like the Joker and like the racial stereotype of the black man, carries within him an unknowable, volatile and dangerous marker of urban violence, which could erupt at any time. The charge of socialism is secondary to the basic message that Obama can't be trusted, not because he is a politician, but because he's black.
**************************************************************************************

It didn't take the media long to proclaim this as being "racist", did it?  As we've been saying all along, any criticism of Obama will be deflected by denouncing it as "racism".

I find it funny that the author says "The charge of socialism is secondary to the basic message that Obama can't be trusted, not because he is a politician, but because he's black."  Since when does being less than 10% African make you "black"?  When will people stop parroting the fallacy?

Hey Washington Post...

WHY DOES YOUR OWNER GO TO BILDERBERG?

WHY IS BILDERBERG HEADED BY QUEEN BEATIX WHO'S FATHER WAS A NAZI AND WHOSE HUSBAND IS A NAZI?

WaPo, hypocrites extraordinaire!

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
Barack O’Bilderberg: Picking the President
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=9270
by Andrew Gavin Marshall Global Research, June 9, 2008

A Background to Bilderberg

Sunday, June 8, 2008, marked the last day of this year’s annual Bilderberg meeting, which took place in Chantilly, Virginia. The American Friends of Bilderberg, an American Bilderberg front group, which organizes the American participant list for the annual Bilderberg conference, issued a rare press release this year. It stated that, "The Conference will deal mainly with a nuclear free world, cyber terrorism, Africa, Russia, finance, protectionism, US-EU relations, Afghanistan and Pakistan, Islam and Iran. Approximately 140 participants will attend."1

Bilderberg, which has been meeting annually since 1954, is a highly secretive international think tank and some say, policy-forming group made up of representatives from North America and Western Europe and was founded by Joseph Retinger, Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands and Belgian Prime Minister Paul Van Zeeland. The Bilderberg Steering Committee, made up of around 30 people, (with no official list available), "decided that it would invite 100 of the most powerful people in Europe and North America every year to meet behind closed doors at a different five-star resort. The group stresses secrecy: What's said at a Bilderberg conference stays at a Bilderberg conference."2

Usually, the Bilderberg Conference is held in Europe for three years in a row, with the fourth year holding a meeting in North America. However, the previous North American conference was held in 2006 in Ottawa. So why did they break tradition to hold the conference in North America this year? Speculation abounds around a discussion of a possible attack on Iran, the American-centered global financial crisis, as well as the current US Presidential elections.

First Meeting of the Bilderberg in 1954

Bilderberg has long been an important forum for up-and-coming politicians of Western nations to be introduced to the global financial elite; the heads of the major multinational corporations, international banks, world financial institutions, global governing bodies, think tanks, and powerful individuals of the likes of David Rockefeller and various European monarchs, including Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands, daughter of founding member, Prince Bernhard, as well as Queen Sofia and King Juan Carlos of Spain.

According to The Globe and Mail, such Canadian Prime Ministers have, in the past, (often before becoming Prime Minister), attended a Bilderberg Conference as a guest, including Pierre Trudeau, Jean Chretien, Paul Martin and Stephen Harper.3 Tony Blair attended Bilderberg before becoming Prime Minister,4 as did the current British Prime Minister, Gordon Brown, who also recently called for the establishment of a "new world order."5

Interestingly, as the Washington Post reported, Vernon E. Jordon, a high-powered American executive, who sits on several corporate boards, including American Express, Xerox, J.C. Penney, Dow Jones, and Sara Lee, to name a few, also happens to be a very close friend of former President Bill Clinton. However, "it was Jordan who first introduced then-Gov. Clinton to world leaders at their annual Bilderberg gathering in Germany in 1991. Plenty of governors try to make that scene; only Clinton got taken seriously at that meeting, because Vernon Jordan said he was okay."6 Clinton subsequently became President.

Barack and Bilderberg

Recently, there has been much discussion about Barack Obama having possibly attended the recent Bilderberg conference in Virginia. This speculation arose when Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton sneaked off for a secretive meeting while in Virginia. As the AP reported, "Reporters traveling with Obama sensed something might be happening between the pair when they arrived at Dulles International Airport after an event in Northern Virginia and Obama was not aboard the airplane. Asked at the time about the Illinois senator's whereabouts, [Obama spokesman Robert] Gibbs smiled and declined to comment."7

The press that had been traveling with Obama were not made aware of the secretive meeting until the plane that they assumed Obama would be present on was moving down the runway, prompting many angry questions from the press towards Obama’s spokesman, Robert Gibbs. One reported asked Gibbs, "Why were we not told about this meeting until we were on the plane, the doors were shut and the plane was about to taxi to take off?" to which he responded, "Senator Obama had a desire to do some meetings, others had a desire to meet with him tonight in a private way and that is what we are doing." This preceded another question, "Is there more than one meeting, is there more than one person with whom he is meeting?" Gibbs simply replied, "I am not going to get into all the details of the meeting." He again later repeated that, "There was a desire to do some meetings tonight, he was interested in doing them, others were interested in doing them, and to do them in a way that was private."8

On Friday, June 6, it was reported that Bilderberg tracker, Jim Tucker, "called Obama’s office today to ask if he had attended Bilderberg. A campaign spokeswoman refused to discuss the matter but would not deny that Obama had attended Bilderberg."9

Bilderberg to Pick Obama’s Vice President

As the Financial Times reported in May of this year, Barack Obama appointed James A. Johnson, the former CEO of Fannie Mae, "to head a secret committee to produce a shortlist for his vice-presidential running mate." A short list was discussed by the article, which listed, other than Hillary Clinton, "Jim Webb, the former secretary of the navy, Vietnam veteran and senator for Virginia; Tim Kaine, the governor of Virginia; John Edwards, the former vice-presidential candidate in 2004; Ted Strickland, the governor of Ohio; and Kathleen Sebelius, the governor of Kansas." Other potential nominees include "Sam Nunn, the former chairman of the Senate armed services committee; and Wesley Clark, the former head of Nato in Europe."10

James A. Johnson, the man Obama asked to pick his running mate, played the same role for John Kerry back in 2004, and he selected John Edwards. As the New York Times reported, "Several people pointed to the secretive and exclusive Bilderberg conference of some 120 people that this year drew the likes of Henry A. Kissinger, Melinda Gates and Richard A. Perle to Stresa, Italy, in early June, as helping [Edwards] win Mr. Kerry's heart. Mr. Edwards spoke so well in a debate on American politics with the Republican Ralph Reed that participants broke Bilderberg rules to clap before the end of the session." The Times further reported, "His performance at Bilderberg was important,'' said a friend of Mr. Kerry who was there. ''He reported back directly to Kerry. There were other reports on his performance. Whether they reported directly or indirectly, I have no doubt the word got back to Mr. Kerry about how well he did."11

James A. Johnson, Vice Chairman of Perseus, a merchant banking firm, is also a director of Goldman Sachs, Forestar Real Estate Group, Inc., KB Home, Target Corporation and UnitedHealth Group Inc., is also a member of the American Friends of Bilderberg, the Council on Foreign Relations, the Trilateral Commission and is an honorary trustee of the Brookings Institution.12 It is likely that Obama’s running mate will be chosen by Johnson at this years Bilderberg Conference.

Notable among this year’s Bilderberg guests are Kansas Governor, Kathleen Sebelius, who the Financial Times reported was on Johnson’s short list of nominees. In fact, Sebelius is the only person mentioned as a possible running mate in the Financial Times article that was officially listed on the Bilderberg list of attendees.13 Could this be a sign that she may be the chosen one? Time will tell. However, another Democratic politician present at the meeting was Tom Daschle, so perhaps he is working his way back into politics.

Don’t Forget McCain

Just because Obama’s popularity dwarfs that of McCain’s, is not reason enough to ignore the other candidate. After all, the elite never ignore both candidates, and in fact, ensure they have them both neatly packed in their back pockets. Among the guests at the Bilderberg meeting this year, included Republican Governor of South Carolina, Mark Sanford, as well as Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice,14 which would be a smart political pick for McCain, going up against the first black presidential candidate.

McCain has also received endorsements from former Secretaries of State, Henry Kissinger, General Alexander Haig, Lawrence Eagleburger and George P. Shultz.15 These are not men without influence, as Henry Kissinger and George Shultz were also present at this years meeting.16 Also interesting to note is that George P. Shultz "associated himself with the Bush presidency early on, introducing the Texas governor to Condoleezza Rice at the Hoover Institution in 1998." Could Condi be in the process of being groomed for higher office, or is she simply at the meeting for foreign policy discussions?

Also important to note, is that McCain had a fundraiser in London held for him, which was hosted "by kind permission of Lord Rothschild OM GBE [Order of Merit and the Knight Grand Cross of the British Empire] and the Hon Nathaniel Rothschild." As the Washington Post reported, "Tickets to the invitation-only event cost $1,000 to $2,300."18 The Post later reported, "Aides refused to talk about the fundraiser, or to say how much money was raised, and McCain dashed through the rain away from reporters after emerging. One guest said there were about 100 people at the luncheon. If they all gave the maximum, the event would have raised about $230,000 for the campaign."19

NOTES

1 Press Release, Bilderberg Announces 2008 Conference. Yahoo Finance: June 5, 2008:

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/080605/20080605006246.html?.v=1

2 CBC News Online, Informal forum or global conspiracy? CBC News: June 13, 2006:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/bilderberg-group/

3 Alexander Panetta, Secretive, powerful Bilderberg group meets near Ottawa. The Globe and Mail: June 8, 2006: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20060608.wbilder0608/BNStory/National/home

4 WND, Bilderbergers set to meet in D.C. World Net Daily: June 4, 2008:

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=66198\

5Steve Watson, So Who Is Gordon Brown? Infowars.net: May 17, 2007:

http://www.infowars.net/articles/may2007/170507_Gordon_Brown.htm

6 Marc Fisher, Jordan Is Comfortable With Power. And With Himself. The Washington Post: January 27, 1998:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/clinton/stories/jordan012798.htm

7 AP, Obama and Clinton meet, discuss uniting Democrats. The Associated Press: June 6, 2008:
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g-qGLDs-gAnZiUXD2NU51ry3j3dwD914B1O00

8 Steve Watson, Press Let Rip At Obama Spokesman Over Exclusion From Secret Meeting. Infowars.net: June 6, 2008: http://infowars.net/articles/june2008/060608Exclusion.htm

9 Paul Joseph Watson, Obama’s Office Won’t Deny Senator Attended Bilderberg. Prison Planet: June 6, 2008:
http://www.infowars.com/?p=2572

10 Edward Luce, Running mate speculation gathers pace. The Financial Times: May 23, 2008:
http://us.ft.com/ftgateway/superpage.ft?news_id=fto052320080508021175&page=2

11 Jodi Wilgoren, THE 2004 ELECTION: THE PROCESS. New York Times: July 7, 2004:
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9F0CE0D9143BF934A35754C0A9629C8B63&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=2

12 Goldman Sachs, About Us: Board of Directors: James A. Jonhson.
http://www2.goldmansachs.com/our-firm/about-us/leadership/board-of-directors.html#JamesA.Johnson

13 AFP, BILDERBERG 2008 ATTENDEE LIST. American Free Press: 2008:
http://www.americanfreepress.net/html/bilderberg_list_2008.html

14 AFP, BILDERBERG 2008 ATTENDEE LIST. American Free Press: 2008:
 http://www.americanfreepress.net/html/bilderberg_list_2008.html

15 Klaus Marre, McCain gets support from former secretaries of state. The Hill: April 10, 2007:
http://thehill.com/campaign-2008/mccain-gets-support-from-former-secretaries-of-state-2007-04-10.html

16 AFP, BILDERBERG 2008 ATTENDEE LIST. American Free Press: 2008: http://www.americanfreepress.net/html/bilderberg_list_2008.html

17 Daniel Henninger, Father of the Bush Doctrine. The Wall Street Journal: April 29, 2006:
http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110008308

18 Matthew Mosk, Senator's Supporters Are Invited to Lunch With a Lord. The Washington Post: March 15, 2008: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/03/14/AR2008031403897.html

19 Michael D. Sheer, Americans Dash Through Rain to McCain's London Fundraiser. The Washington Post: http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/03/20/americans_dash_through_rain_to.html

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
CFR's Jonathon Alter (Skull and Bones founded Newsweek columnist) said that this issue of confronting corrupt politicians leads to killing people.

He actually said that on GE's Keith Olbermann's show.  It will replay in 2 hrs on msnbc (a fuller spectrum of setting up false flags)

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
Obama Connected Group Calls for Brownshirt Tactics Against Healthcare Opponents
http://www.infowars.com/obama-connected-group-calls-for-brownshirt-tactics-against-healthcare-opponents/
Kurt Nimmo
Infowars
August 7, 2009

An organization supported by Obama, Biden and 190 members of Congress, Health Care for America Now, instructs Democrats to confiscate signs and leaflets brought to Obamacare events by “rightwing extremists,” that is to say Americans opposed to totalitarian health care.   

Democrats accuse middle class Americans of being rightwing extremists who need their free speech shut down.

“The best way to do this is to make a blanket rule that no one can bring signs or leaflets and to advertise this fact as you do turn out in the weeks preceding the event. You can distribute your own signs in the event and offer them one as they enter if you choose to allow them to enter,” the HCAN website instructs.

HCAN is supported by the usual suspects, including ACORN, unions, MoveOn.org (a George Soros outfit), the National Council of La Raza, the eugenics front Planned Parenthood Federation of America, and the Clintonite John Podesta’s war-mongering Center for American Progress.

HCAN will organize brownshirt thugs — called “marshals” — to patrol crowds with local police assistance to make sure no opposition can be voiced. “Make sure that you assign marshals to take care of moving the crowd, keeping people organized and orderly, and acting as security should any need arise to ask noisy or disruptive protesters to leave. If you have cause to think that you will need more back-up, notify the police ahead of time.”

The corporate media should also be tightly controlled, according to the organization. “It’s important that you take away right-wingers opportunities to talk with reporters by making sure that your staff or leaders are in constant contact with the media who attend. You should set up a special table or area for the press to sit during the event and that area should be close t the stage and away from any areas of the venue where protesters may gather. Also make sure you have materials ready for the reporters so that they know the purpose and message of the event,” the website explains.

HCAN claims Democrats and Obamanoids “are getting beaten up by right wing zealots in these meetings.” In fact, as Infowars documented earlier today, the exact opposite is the case — union thugs attacked a patriot outside of St. Louis yesterday and put him in the hospital. Police arrested anti-Obamacare demonstrators and even media covering the demonstrations.

HCAN also suggests Democrats get with members of Congress to shut down free speech and control the opposition. “One advantage to organizing your own Town Hall or public event with Members of Congress is that you will have much more control over the event and limit the other side’s opportunities for disruption.”

Earlier this week, Infowars reported on Obama’s plan to organize informer-citizens to turn in their neighbors and others who oppose Obamacare. “Since we can’t keep track of all of [the "rightwing" opponents] here at the White House, we’re asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to [email protected],” writes Macon Phillips, the White House Director of New Media, in a post on the White House website.

News report on Obama’s enemies list.

During Bush’s reign the same tactics were evident, much to the outrage of liberals and Democrats. “As Bush has traveled the United States during this political campaign, the Secret Service and local police have often handled public protest by quickly arresting or removing demonstrators, free-speech advocates say,” the Washington Post reported on October 28, 2004. “In addition, access to Bush’s events has been unusually tightly controlled and people who do not support Bush’s reelection have been removed.” Now that the shoe is on the other foot, Democrats have become strident zealots in an effort to deny the First Amendment to their opponents.

Obviously, the Obamanoids are desperate to control the debate and shut down the massive opposition consisting largely of normal middle class Americans who are outraged by Obama’s rationed totalitarian health care plan. In order to control the issue and ram it through Congress, Obama’s operatives are certainly not beyond employing brownshirt tactics used by the Nazis in Germany and Stalin in the Soviet Union.

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
Union Thugs Beat Patriot at Obamacare Town Hall in St. Louis
http://www.infowars.com/union-thugs-beat-patriot-at-obamacare-town-hall-in-st-louis/
Infowars
August 7, 2009

The effort to discredit and shut down opposition to Obamacare has gone from Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid holding up artificial turf and House Majority Leader Nancy Pelosi calling opponents Nazis to violence. During a demonstration Thursday evening outside a forum on aging called by U.S. Rep. Russ Carnahan, D-St. Louis, in Mehville, Missouri, a patriot was viciously attacked by union thugs.

“Health care reform opponents felt cheated after being locked out of the town hall,” writes Ryan Witt for the Examiner. “Some believed that SEIU (Service Employees International Union) members were being let in instead of them… From my personal observation the Carnahan office was allowing people who had RSVP’d beforehand to go in ahead of others.”

The Democrat Carnahan packed the event and attempted to prevent the opposition from attending. As the video below reveals, ACORN activists also received preferential treatment at the stage-managed event:

The St. Louis Dispatch reports people opposed to Obamacare “were kept out because of the turnout,” an assertion at odds with the above video. “The back and forth between factions within the crowd created a carnival-like atmosphere inside and out between members of the movement opposing President Barack Obama’s policies and groups who came to show support for the president’s proposals.”

In a prepared statement after the event, Carnahan characterized the opposition as “disrupters” and said they were “mobilized” by “special interests in Washington who have lined their pockets by overcharging Americans for a broken health care system.”

Union thugs viciously attacked a patriot, Kenneth Gladney, who was handing out Gadsen flags outside the stage-managed event. The St. Louis Tea Party was also demonstrating against Democrats attempting to force Obamacare through Congress.

As the video below documents, the “disrupters” were pro-Obamacare supporters, not Gladney or the St. Louis Tea Party.

“Kenneth was attacked on the evening of August 6, 2009 at Rep. Russ Carnahan’s town hall meeting in South St. Louis County,” writes Gladney’s attorney, David B. Brown, in an email sent to Infowars. “Kenneth was approached by an SEIU representative as Kenneth was handing out ‘Don’t Tread on Me’ flags to other conservatives. The SEIU representative demanded to know why a black man was handing out these flags. The SEIU member used a racial slur against Kenneth, then punched him in the face. Kenneth fell to the ground. Another SEIU member yelled racial epithets at Kenneth as he kicked him in the head and back. Kenneth was also brutally attacked by one other male SEIU member and an unidentified woman. The three men were clearly SEIU members, as they were wearing T-shirts with the SEIU logo.”

“Kenneth supports conservative ideals, although he subscribes to no particular political party,” Brown continues. “We are calling on the SEIU, Representative Carnahan, and President Obama to condemn the racist actions of these union thugs. In the days to come, we will be investigating whether these thugs are working at the behest of Representative Carnahan and how strong their alliances to various organizations — such as ACORN — may be… We hope the St. Louis Tea Party and tea party organizations around the country will protest Representative Carnahan’s offices and also protest SEIU offices in every major city across the U.S. These Democratic strong-arm tactics must end now.”

Brown characterizes the attack on Gladney, who was hospitalized with multiple injuries, as “a truly senseless hate crime.” According to Democrats, however, the hate criminals and “astroturfers” are citizens opposed to Obama’s plan to hijack health care and force all Americans into a mandatory government program at gunpoint.

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
The Start Of The Second American Revolution?
http://www.infowars.com/the-start-of-the-second-american-revolution/
Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet.com
Friday, August 7, 2009

For a long time people have been asking why Americans are not up in arms, screaming and shouting about their fast disappearing liberties along with the continuous passage of legislation that they vehemently oppose, from the banker bailout, to the cap and trade bill, to Obamacare. Well now they are screaming and shouting – and if the momentum continues to build, this rebellion could the spark to ignite the second American revolution.

For those waiting for a “summer of rage” it has now arrived – outraged Americans across the country are exercising their first amendment rights to do the most American thing imaginable – speaking truth to power through non-violent civil disobedience.

At first the establishment left media attempted to attack the credibility of the protests by claiming that they were the work of health insurance company lobbyists – but when that fizzled after ABC News reported that there were no lobbyists present at the demonstrations, the attack dogs shifted their rhetoric to claim that the protesters were Nazis and right-wing extremists.

Meanwhile, at the same time media apologists for the administration are labeling the protesters as violent and dangerous extremists, Obama supporters are beating up Obamacare protesters while foundation-funded organizations like ACORN, MoveOn.org, the National Council of La Raza, the eugenics front Planned Parenthood Federation of America, and the Clintonite John Podesta’s war-mongering Center for American Progress are supporting moves to chill free speech and eliminate protesters at town hall meetings.

The only people acting like Nazi brownshirts are the White House front groups who are now calling for the police to crack heads and silence voices of dissent.

The desperation on behalf of the Obama administration and its mouthpieces in their attempts to denounce the protests is clearly evident, to the point where they are now compiling an enemies list via snitch tips sent to them via the White House website in order to try and neutralize the growing anger.

Another talking point now making the rounds is that it is uncivil and belligerent to become rowdy at town hall meetings, when in fact nothing could be more Americana, nothing could be more in spirit with the legacy of the founding fathers and the very soul of the country.

The establishment is scared to death that Americans may see beyond the scope of their partisan divisions and come together to stand up in unison against the offshore bankers and corporations that run the White House, which is why the constant politicized drumbeat that the protesters are nothing more than astroturf Republicans is constantly echoed.

In reality, for anyone who has closely tracked the evolution of this movement, the demonstrations owe their origins in an increasing sense of outrage about the multi-trillion dollar looting being carried out by the Federal Reserve in the form of the bailout, the nightmare cap and trade bill, the totalitarian health care proposals, and the general handover of American sovereignty to globalist interests through crony infrastructure sellouts and the emerging North American Union.

Although admittedly at an embryonic stage, the scenes we see unfolding across the country could be the spark that ignites the second American revolution. At the very least, the passionate, outraged and bold reaction to the Obama administration’s big government agenda is definitely a sign of things to come, and as each new totalitarian program is rolled out the resistance will only increase and get louder as momentum builds and people across the nation get in the face of the system and yell, “don’t tread on me.”

Watch a compilation of protest videos from across the country below.

Tampa, Florida

Elkhart County, Indiana

Detroit

Austin, Texas

Philadelphia

Arkansas

St Louis

Romulus, Michigan

Denver

During a demonstration Thursday evening outside a forum on aging called by U.S. Rep. Russ Carnahan, D-St. Louis, in Mehville, Missouri, a patriot was viciously attacked by union thugs.

Troy, Michigan

Pelosi: Town Hall Protesters Are “Carrying Swastikas”

Sen. Boxer: ‘Well-dressed’ protesters at Town Halls are out to ‘hurt our president’

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
FYI...Hal Turner is an FBI informant, Glenn Beck is CoIntelPro, Michael Weiner is a genocidal nutcase who wants to exterminate all semites, Dobbs believes in national ID/Eugenics, Limbaugh is completely owned by the NWO and in place to assist with racial divides, and...

KOS ID FRICKING C I A, but oh well here go the pursuit of the fake left/right black/white divide in this country.

The British Empire brought slavery here, provoked the south to rise in the civil war, and is now attempting to divide this country again...here is more proof of their work...

The RW's thinly coded call for assassination. Call it what it is, TERRORISM
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/8/8/763559/-The-RWs-thinly-coded-call-for-assassination.-Call-it-what-it-is,-TERRORISM
by MinistryOfTruth

Fri Aug 07, 2009 at 09:13:56 PM PDT

The lesson we should learn from Dr. Tiller's murder is that if someone is demonized enough in the mass media, some crazy person will try to kill them.

Marabout40 has an excellant diary on the RecList right now titled Rachel Maddow: Finally! Someone speaks truth to power!. Within that diary there is a video featuring Frank Schaeffer which I strongly suggest that you watch. In that video Mr. Schaeffer is quoted as saying

"Their coded message to their own lunatic fringe is very simple, 'Go for broke'

~snip~

[It is} literally leaving a loaded gun on the table, saying 'The first person who wants to use this, go ahead'"

I do not wish to fear monger, but I genuinely fear for our President, and our Democracy.
MinistryOfTruth's diary :: ::

There is a reason they are called dittoheads. There is a small percentage of the population that can not think for themselves. When they hear their own insane thoughts repeated on TV and the Radio they feel a sense of affirmation. When they hear their own racism and hatred echoed in the media they feel justified, and when they hear Obama and Democrats, union members and others compared to Hitler and Fascism they will think "Anything I do will be justified."

But this is not Bill O'Reilly taking a long but solitary battle against one man to the extreme, this is a 24/7 Right Wing Noise Machine that is saying in so many coded, whispered words, "These people are pure evil and must be stopped" 

The following videos are all from mediamatters.org, and they are all from today, in case I seem to be over-reacting.

Dobbs ominously warns that "this is a dangerous moment in our history" and the nation's values "are under assault"

Dobbs: "[W]hat this White House is leading us to is direct confrontation, a physical confrontation"

Beck fill-in Bolling suggests footage of chanting ACORN protesters "looks a little bit more mob" than town hall disruptions

Limbaugh again refers to "similarities" between Dem Party leaders, "Nazi Party of Germany"; adds Pelosi "started it"

Limbaugh: Obama "inciting violence" at town hall protests, "armying up" with "union bigshots", "tort lawyers"

Limbaugh: Obama, Dems are "sabotaging democracy"

Dobbs sticks up for caller who threatens to "brawl" with people at town hall meetings

Savage says he wants to see town hall protests "snowball" to include "far extreme, violent motorcycle groups"

Beck warns that ACORN, unions, AmeriCorps acting as Obama's "civilian force," "brownshirts"

This is just from today. Nevermind yesterday, or the day before that, or the day before that.

There is a reason Rush calls them DITTOHEADS.

Just look how they latched onto Birtherism, and ACORN, , and socialism, and Soros, and any other claim the right wing has made. It doesn't have to be true as long as you repeat it often enough

Dr. Tiller was a man who was brought up sporadically by Bill O'Reilly, and we all saw what effect that had. This is not sporadic. This is 24/7. This is character assassination with the intent to dehumanize and demonize the President, Democrats and their supporters with one purpose in mind.
It is time to call this exactly what it is. Terrorism

ter·ror·ism (tr-rzm)
n.
The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

I genuinely fear for my President's safety, and for the future of our Democracy.

Tommorrow I will be attending the town hall meeting that is being held by Representative Scott Murphy (NY-20). Members of my family have asked me not to attend. They fear for my safety. These are people who are not nearly as informed as you or I, but they are afraid nonetheless, and that speaks volumes.

I will NOT be intimidated. That is how the terrorists win, and make no mistake about it, this is terrorism, domestic terrorism that is being pushed by the Right WIng Conservative media in the hopes that just one racist hateful sick human being acts on the words no one siad out loud, but which are heard by the demented loudly and clearly.
    I am not one to be easily frightened, but tonight, I will pray to the Gods for our President's safety, and the future of our free Democracy of We The People.

Tonight please say a prayer. Our nation lies on the precipice of destruction.

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
Health care opponent calls for town hall violence via Twitter
http://rawstory.com/08/news/2009/08/07/health-care-opponent-calls-for-town-hall-violence-via-twitter/
By Muriel Kane Published: August 7, 2009

Update: SEIU gets phone call “threatening to teach union officials a thing or two about ‘the Second Amendment’”

Brian Beutler reported at Talking Points Memo on Friday that a health care protester in New Mexico had been encouraging those following him on Twitter to bring their guns to town hall meetings — and use them if provoked.

“If ACORN/SEIU attends these meetings for disruptive purposes, and you have a license to carry….carry,” Scott Oskay wrote in one tweet. In another, he suggested, “Stop being peaceful, and hurt them. Badly.”

The Service Employees Industrial Union (SEIU) appears to be the latest bogeyman for the anti-health care protesters. Conservative blogger Michelle Malkin, for example, claimed on Friday that “SEIU thugs rolled up their sleeves and attacked a black conservative protester in St. Louis.”

As described by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, however, the facts of the incident cited by Malkin were far less clearcut. Out of the half a dozen people arrested following a town hall held by a Democratic Congressman, at least three do not appear to have been involved in violence of any kind. One supporter of a public option for health care told the paper that he and his companion had been arrested for interference after his companion tried to take pictures of a man who seemed to have been assaulted. A Post-Dispatch reporter was arrested on the same charge.

A poster at Daily Kos elaborated on this incident, writing angrily, “St. Louis cops arrested Democrats… people supporting reform and reporters… and not the GOP thugs mobbing the healthcare townhall. A video clearly shows a SEIU man down on the ground, injured, after he had been attacked. Another SEIU man comes to his aid and gives him a hand up. A woman who had been on the sidelines photographing this attack on the injured SEIU man appears to be the 51-year old woman who was arrested for ‘interference’ with police. She was peppersprayed after she was subdued.”

On the other hand, the Post-Dispatch also spoke with Kenneth Gladney, a 38 year old conservative activist, who claimed that some of those arrested had attacked him as he handed out “Don’t tread on me” flags, forcing him to seek treatment in a hospital emergency room. According to the paper, “Gladney, who is black, said one of his attackers, also a black man, used a racial slur against him before the attack.”

The Gladney incident is clearly the source of Malkin’s story about “SEIU thugs” attacking a black conservative protester. It may also be the ultimate reference point for what seems to be a highly garbled blog entry that appeared on Friday in the Orange County Conservative Examiner, headlined “SEIU thugs respond to Obama’s marching orders”:

Reports are pouring in from around the country that the well-dressed swastika carrying seniors are being pounded by Obama’s storm-troopers.

The Obama brown-shirts are showing up town halls and running rough shod over the elderly. Some of the elderly have been hospitalized from their beatings

SEIU connected to criminal’s of ACORN are filling pathetically small halls and pushing, literally, the legitimate protestors out.

By Friday evening, Oakley was clearly aware of how much notice his tweets for violence against SEIU and ACORN were drawing. “Didn’t expect the attention to be any more vicarious than the tweets lol. You all have a good weekend. Gotcha(thinking)!” he tweeted, somewhat obscurely.

Update: The Plum Line further reports that “an official with SEIU, which has been sending members to town halls to counterbalance the Tea Party brigade, sends over this audio of a phone call the union says it received on its central voicemail system, threatening to teach union officials a thing or two about ‘the Second Amendment.’ … The threat comes after Rush Limbaugh went on the offensive against SEIU today and even gave out the address of the union’s St. Louis’ headquarters.”