Author Topic: Climate Bill Will Create "Global Warming Gestapo" C-span  (Read 12987 times)

Offline Knave/Crank

Re: Climate Bill Will Create "Global Warming Gestapo" C-span
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 07:14:37 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hVDUZZB35g
Congresswoman Bachmann
Ugh...

Never give Bachmann the benefit of the doubt. She shares the characteristics of a starving piranha and the IQ of a swatted fly. "Randy Forbes' Amendment" presents no alternative to the tyranny of the cap-and-trade bill. He is a big business, corporate conservative, a "culture warrior," and--the bill isn't even written yet!
What he trusts in is fragile; what he relies on is a spider's web (Job 8:14).

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 07:28:58 am »
Ugh...

Never give Bachmann the benefit of the doubt. She shares the characteristics of a starving piranha and the IQ of a swatted fly. "Randy Forbes' Amendment" presents no alternative to the tyranny of the cap-and-trade bill. He is a big business, corporate conservative, a "culture warrior," and--the bill isn't even written yet!

"She shares the characteristics of a starving piranha and the IQ of a swatted fly."

What are the charachteristics of a starving piranha?
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline Knave/Crank

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 07:30:54 am »
What are the charachteristics of a starving piranha?
Someone who'd "take a mouthful of anything" ...

Offline Voskhod3

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 07:33:31 am »
So when the Gestapo turn up, I think we need to be armed with information.

"I don't believe in man-made climate change because..."

Al Gore lied in his film about CO2 and temperature graphs. Temperature leads CO2.

Next.

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 07:48:25 am »
Someone who'd "take a mouthful of anything" ...

She seems quite resistant to any mouthfuls of stuff pumped into people like Pelosi and Reid. Perhaps you have gotten your analogies confused, did you mean to say a "satiated needlefish"?
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline Knave/Crank

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 07:55:10 am »
Quote from: Sane
She seems quite resistant to any mouthfuls of stuff pumped into people like Pelosi and Reid.
She'll bite into anything ... At least as a part of the public masquerade.

The semi-serious point I was making alongside the joke was that the mentioning of Forbes' proposition is empty demagogy.

Perhaps you have gotten your analogies confused, did you mean to say a "satiated needlefish"?
No, I still believe her to be "desperately searching for something to chew on," but your analogy is suitable as well; the piranha and the needle fish working in tandem ...

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2009, 07:58:00 am »
She seems quite resistant to any mouthfuls of stuff pumped into people like Pelosi and Reid. Perhaps you have gotten your analogies confused, did you mean to say a "satiated needlefish"?

Ummm... Knave/Crank... you've hooked a big one. Careful. You've got a swordfish swiping at your legs. :)
And  the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, 
Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren,  ye have done it unto me.

Matthew 25:40

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2009, 08:07:54 am »
She'll bite into anything ... At least as a part of the public masquerade.

The semi-serious point I was making alongside the joke was that the mentioning of Forbes' proposition is empty demagogy.
No, I still believe her to be "desperately searching for something to chew on," but your analogy is suitable as well; the piranha and the needle fish working in tandem ...

Well she confronted the bankers lies, confronted global warming lies, confronting the census anti-constitutionality.  Seems like she is desperate to alert people of impending danger.  Perhaps a more logical analogy is that she has Cassandra's Syndrome?

As far as Forbes, that is just NWO Hegelian Dialectic conditioning of the lesser of two evils which has led to such puppet presidents as Bush/Clinton/Bush/Obama.  You really think those are the only two options? Have you read the constitution?

Offline Knave/Crank

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2009, 08:22:18 am »
Well she confronted the bankers lies, confronted global warming lies, confronting the census anti-constitutionality.  Seems like she is desperate to alert people of impending danger.
But don't forget that Bachmann is a strong supporter of military action, of Bush's medicare and of international free trade. She's no RINO, but she's definitely no Ron Paul.

Perhaps a more logical analogy is that she has Cassandra's Syndrome?
Yes.

As far as Forbes, that is just NWO Hegelian Dialectic conditioning of the lesser of two evils which has led to such puppet presidents as Bush/Clinton/Bush/Obama.  You really think those are the only two options?
That was Bachmann's suggestion, not mine. My point is that her option was a phony alternative to cap-and-trade (which, much like HR 2454 (HR 2998), can't be reviewed in a summary).

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2009, 08:31:37 am »
If you ever find yourself agreeing with every position taken by a politician, then you might be a sheeple. :) On this issue of the 'global warming gestapo' Bachmann is 100% correct.
And I don't think you can compare anyone to Ron Paul - not fair. He's stands alone in terms of integrity on the hill.
Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren,  ye have done it unto me.

Offline Knave/Crank

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2009, 09:01:16 am »
Quote from: Pilikia
If you ever find yourself agreeing with every position taken by a politician, then you might be a sheeple. :) On this issue of the 'global warming gestapo' Bachmann is 100% correct.
I get your point, and I agree to an extent. Bachmann is a "fresh face" in the Republican machinery, and she is niching herself as a hard-core conservative, voting 'nay' on cap-and-trade, the hate crimes bill, the stimulus, TARP ... But don't forget that she is a newbie on the political scene, looking to establish herself along the ranks of Boehner, Cantor, Duncan, Gingrey, Sessions--putting her among Limbaugh's dittoheads (a liberal hit list).

Quote from: Pilikia
And I don't think you can compare anyone to Ron Paul - not fair. He's stands alone in terms of integrity on the hill.
Agreed, but it's more than that. Bachmann lacks the power and influence to reach out ...

Compare her to Paul Ryan (a neocon tool voting 'yea' on TARP and the auto bailout), who has the charismatic edge (not to mention age) on his side even compared to Ron Paul. When Ryan speaks, everybody listens; when Bachmann speaks, Cassandra appears in her place (as Sane noted).

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2009, 09:07:15 am »

yup, they will not dare talk about Dr. Ron Paul who exposes climate change legislation as well as anyone.  They do allow Bachmann some airtime though because she has weaknesses.  People in the media are slowly starting to expose "policy issues" rather than the politician.  This is causing a great awareness.  One of these people is Rhodes scholar Rachel Maddow.  I liked her commentaries at first under the Bush Admin because she exposed some important things.  Then when Obama got elected, she became a total lap dog for the government (I was mildly surprised). But now Obama has gone back on every single promise he ever made... secrecy, torture, Gitmo, foreign policy, energy company concessions, etc. But the one that broke the camel's back so to speak is his turning his back on don't ask, don't tell. She has now been very useful in exposing how Obama is basically Bush II (or III depending on how you want to look at it).  I saw her give an interview with Charlie Rose (if you do not watch Charlie Rose interviews, you are missing some really deep discussions by the sub elite parasites of this country) where she flat out said it... "I look at the policy and not the politician" (hope I am quoting it correctly).

So the bottom line is that when Bachmann opens her big fat mouth and important policy discussions are brought up, it helps us because of this new awareness of supporting good policies rather than entwining ourselves with suspect politicians.

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2009, 09:09:34 am »
I get your point, and I agree to an extent. Bachmann is a "fresh face" in the Republican machinery, and she is niching herself as a hard-core conservative, voting 'nay' on cap-and-trade, the hate crimes bill, the stimulus, TARP ... But don't forget that she is a newbie on the political scene, looking to establish herself along the ranks of Boehner, Cantor, Duncan, Gingrey, Sessions--putting her among Limbaugh's dittoheads (a liberal hit list).
Agreed, but it's more than that. Bachmann lacks the power and influence to reach out ...

Compare her to Paul Ryan (a neocon tool voting 'yea' on TARP and the auto bailout), who has the charismatic edge (not to mention age) on his side even compared to Ron Paul. When Ryan speaks, everybody listens; when Bachmann speaks, Cassandra appears in her place (as Sane noted).

I adressed most of this in the previous post, but again look at your arguments and see that this is the matrix and how it is set up.  We need to have a paradigm shift and support people into looking at policies rather than politicians.

Offline Knave/Crank

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2009, 09:26:24 am »
I adressed most of this in the previous post, but again look at your arguments and see that this is the matrix and how it is set up.
I have been quite clear. Bachmann is just one of the actors on the playing field, taking the role of opposer in this Hegelian dialectic (as you accurately pointed out). She is an attorney acting on behalf of a client (the Republican elephant, not the Republic).

We need to have a paradigm shift and support people into looking at policies rather than politicians.
I disagree, especially if the politician in question is a known ideological "switch hitter," trading off 'yeas' for future 'nays'.

We voters must move beyond party politics and its yahoos.

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
  • 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB! www.911truth.org
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2009, 09:38:08 am »
This is the one everyone needs to see and hear:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=CE225199393F97BD

(The nice thing about playlists is that you can click "Play All Videos" and let it play in the background for an hour or more as you do stuff around the house.)
"Abolish all taxation save that upon land values." -- Henry George

"If our nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill." -- Thomas Edison

http://schalkenbach.org
http://www.monetary.org
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=203330.0

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2009, 09:51:28 am »
I have been quite clear. Bachmann is just one of the actors on the playing field, taking the role of opposer in this Hegelian dialectic (as you accurately pointed out). She is an attorney acting on behalf of a client (the Republican elephant, not the Republic).
I disagree, especially if the politician in question is a known ideological "switch hitter," trading off 'yeas' for future 'nays'.

We voters must move beyond party politics and its yahoos.

i think we may be on the same page here.  I believe that by the public focusing on the policies, then the parties become less relevant.  I forgot who said it, but the statement was made, "what is a political party other than a conspiracy against the wills of the American people."

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2009, 10:46:01 am »
Cap-and-trade legislation to include ‘Global Warming Gestapo’
www.examiner.com/x-219-Denver-Weather-Examiner~y2009m5d21-Capandtrade-legislation-to-include-Global-Warming-Gestapo
May 21, 4:21 PM

Congressman Steve Scalise (R-LA) says the cap-and-trade
legislation now being considered in Congress would establish a
'global warming Gestapo.'

The House Energy and Commerce Committee continued its ongoing debate and discussion about the Waxman-Markey American Clean Energy and Security Act (HR 2454).  The act would cut greenhouse emissions by 17 percent over the next 11 years and by 83 percent by midcentury in an attempt to slow manmade climate change.

In an interesting turn of events during the debate yesterday, Congressman Steve Scalise (R-LA) issued a warning saying, “we’re setting up a global warming Gestapo.”  The comment was made in reference to Section 201 of the act which establishes a national building code.  Under that code, the Secretary of Energy would have the power to assess civil penalties for buildings that do not meet the new code.
Watch video of Rep. Scalise's comments below
Slideshow:  Battle lines a drawn over global warming - Who fights on each side?
Read it for yourself:  American Clean Energy and Security Act

Scalise described a situation where a home that was destroyed by a natural disaster was rebuilt but with superior material than were dictated by the new national building code.  According to Scalise, the homeowner would be in violation of federal law, even if the material exceeded the federal standard.

Now living in your home is considered unlawful under this bill.
~ Rep. Steve Scalise (R-LA)

"The federal government can come in and inspect your house and send you the bill. And if they find that you’re out of compliance with this new federal code, 'The Secretary shall assess a civil penalty for violations of this section,'" Scalise said. "Now living in your home is considered unlawful under this bill. This is ludicrous." 

Taking his argument a step further, Scalise called into question the very constitutionality of the measure.  He reminded his fellow congressmen that the 10th Amendment to the Constitution says, “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to states respectively or to the people.”

This bill comes in and basically says throw out the 10th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.
~ Rep. Steve Scalise (R-LA)

By creating its own enforcement measures and own building code that will usurp those which states have already established, the act stands to violate the Constitution.  Scalise said, "This bill comes in and basically says throw out the 10th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution and the federal government’s gonna throw out your building code."

Section 201 of the measure is being opposed by the National Association of Home Builders, the National Association of Realtors, the Building Owners and Managers Association International, the National Apartment Association as well as a number of other related organizations.  They warn that the new authority the federal government grants themselves could make homeowners liable for their homes not meeting the new standards.  The chilling effect of this is that the ‘global warming Gestapo’ Rep. Scalise warns about could drag you into federal court.

Video:  Rep. Steve Scalise (R-LA) expresses concern over enforcement measures in the cap-and-tax bill

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2009, 10:47:31 am »
Remember the 2005 anti-terrorist gestapo?:

June 29, 2005
http://www.xzaapryca.com/archives/000108.html
National Security Service (NSS)...Gestapo? KGB? Stasi?

Is it just me or did today's announcement of the new NSS seem a bit foreboding? I mean, we already got the FBI, CIA, NSA and God knows what. What is the NSS going to do?

So now we have an service operating under the umbrella of the FBI that is supposed to join together all the previously poorly managed and communicative assets of the Counterintelligence Division, the Counterterrorism Division, and the Directorate of Intelligence. Since the FBI is a federal agency in charge of directing criminal investigations over the whole of the nation, they can go anywhere and do anything without so much as a by-your-leave from state and local law enforcement.

FBI Director Mueller's own words:

"I don't see [the National Security Service] as a loss of independence at all. I see it as an acknowledgment and a furtherance of the development of the FBI to respond to the threats of today. I see it as an acknowledgment that the FBI plays a fundamental role in developing intelligence within the United States, particularly its role and association with state and local law enforcement. We have 700,000 state and local law enforcement officers throughout the United States. There is no one agency that can protect the United States. We all have to work together. And building up this capacity in a national security service will enable us to develop expertise and specialities in the intelligence arena in ways we have not done in the past, but it also enables us to work closely with state and local law enforcement, who ultimately are the ones that will give us the protection we need against another terrorist attack. We cannot do it alone. It is us working together with state and local law enforcement. And, to the extent that we have been successful within the United States in the last 3.5 years, much of the credit goes to state and local law enforcement, who are attuned to these threats, working on the joint terrorism task forces or by themselves. So I see it as a gain. I do not see it as a diminishment of authority. And I see it as the next step in the evolution of the FBI as it becomes better prepared to address the threats of the future."

"What's the deal? You don't want terrorists in our own country to be caught?" Oh, I do. Think about this:

1. Has law enforcement been so bad since 9/11 that this new service is required? Have we been attacked since 9/11? No? Then why the need for this new domestic espionage unit of the FBI?

2. If the government really wanted to protect us, why wouldn't they put the military on the border to keep terrorists from sneaking in? 5,000 to 10,000 people illegal cross into the US from Mexico EVERY DAY! So the FBI needs to concentrate on you and I? WE ARE THE THREAT? Let's not even talk about how Mexico accounts for 80% of the meth in this country.

3. Ok, let's say everything goes along fine for a while and the NSS is either doing nothing or at least not hurting. But what if this new and more specialized unit of the FBI is used against regular citizens? It's not like the regular old FBI has always been squeaky clean.

Still, if a FBI analyst had been listened to in 2001, 9/11 might never had happened. All the reports where there but no one seemed to be listening. How is this NSS going to be any different? Only time will tell.

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2009, 10:48:31 am »
November 2, 2008
http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/2008/11/obamas_gestapo.html
Obama's Gestapo

What will happen when The One pushes his Marxist agenda to the point that those of us who are still Americans balk? Will our armed forces fire on us on orders from this punk, in the interests of imposing the same ideology our military was intended to stave off? Obama isn't counting on it. As mentioned earlier, the Moonbat Messiah has proclaimed:

We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2009, 10:52:01 am »
We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.

"If our nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill." -- Thomas Edison

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2009, 11:00:01 am »

and what "national security objectives" is he referring to? If they were the people's objectives, they would not require a homebased enforcement crew, the objectives would be met out of free will. But if they are contrary to the will of the people than he is correct that it will cost many lives and much wealth.

He should rephrase the sentence from: "We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."

To: "We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the objectives that are in direct contrast to the will of the people that the international banking elite have set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded to break the will of the citizens of America into destroying their constitution and accepting a more draconian master/slave relationship with their banker owners."

Offline Ghost in the Machine

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2009, 04:09:44 pm »
if this bill is passed ill turn off all my utilities at my home and never pay for this crap... I'll live by candles and goto starbucks 4 internet and shower at the gym and take a sh1t at gas stations fck this nazi bill...

Offline Knave/Crank

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2009, 04:41:49 pm »
Quote from: Geolibertarian
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=CE225199393F97BD]This[/url] is the one everyone needs to see and hear.
I saw it ... and I can say that I am not too impressed by Boehner's antics. Like Bachmann, he struggles whenever he attempts to present his case on an intellectual level. I am sorry to say this, but he comes off as a populist trying to catch a few extra points before his re-election. Don't forget that Boehner was one of those who made the TARP bailout possible as he pressured other members, bearing forth threats of martial law via Henry Paulson and Ben Bernanke. With Boehner, it's always half-ass entertainment--where you, the voter, end up being left out entirely.

i think we may be on the same page here.  I believe that by the public focusing on the policies, then the parties become less relevant.  I forgot who said it, but the statement was made, "what is a political party other than a conspiracy against the wills of the American people."
This is music to my ears. Our next objective is to get Rand Paul into the senate in 2010, pushing out Jim Bunning. (Kentuckians need to get busy!) After that, who knows how many like-minded thinkers (not just politicians) we will be able to seat in Congress.

Let's keep it real. We won't have the possibility to elect a freedom-loving president until we have a Congress that somehow resembles that mission. Getting Rand Paul elected would be a first step. (Remember, Reagan had several good ideas, but was often locked down by Congress, which is why he ended up quadrupling the national debt.)

Although, Sane, I side with former Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura when it comes to immigration: I don't want the military policing the borders; I find amnesty--even clemency--to be preferable to police-state shutdowns, border fences, and so on.

However, to win the political battle, I will concede and agree with your (and Dr. Ron Paul's) stance. If the true objective is liberty, then I won't bicker over secondary issues. Finding a common ground is the first step towards a sustainable future, within reach for all Americans.

Offline chrisfromchi

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2009, 04:50:18 pm »
if this bill is passed ill turn off all my utilities at my home and never pay for this crap... I'll live by candles and goto starbucks 4 internet and shower at the gym and take a sh1t at gas stations fck this nazi bill...

Violation of Fire code.

Starbucks just closed or are charging for a Starbucks wireless membership plan.

Gym makes a new platinum-level locker room plan and they discontinue showers in non platinum level locker rooms or stalls for gold and lower members.

Ya but still probably can still crap in a dirty craphouse tho.

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2009, 04:58:37 pm »
I saw it ... and I can say that I am not too impressed by Boehner's antics. Like Bachmann, he struggles whenever he attempts to present his case on an intellectual level. I am sorry to say this, but he comes off as a populist trying to catch a few extra points before his re-election. Don't forget that Boehner was one of those who made the TARP bailout possible as he pressured other members, bearing forth threats of martial law via Henry Paulson and Ben Bernanke. With Boehner, it's always half-ass entertainment--where you, the voter, end up being left out entirely.
This is music to my ears. Our next objective is to get Rand Paul into the senate in 2010, pushing out Jim Bunning. (Kentuckians need to get busy!) After that, who knows how many like-minded thinkers (not just politicians) we will be able to seat in Congress.

Let's keep it real. We won't have the possibility to elect a freedom-loving president until we have a Congress that somehow resembles that mission. Getting Rand Paul elected would be a first step. (Remember, Reagan had several good ideas, but was often locked down by Congress, which is why he ended up quadrupling the national debt.)

Although, Sane, I side with former Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura when it comes to immigration: I don't want the military policing the borders; I find amnesty--even clemency--to be preferable to police-state shutdowns, border fences, and so on.

However, to win the political battle, I will concede and agree with your (and Dr. Ron Paul's) stance. If the true objective is liberty, then I won't bicker over secondary issues. Finding a common ground is the first step towards a sustainable future, within reach for all Americans.

just to be clear, I am not attached to any complete immigration plan and I would definitely be open to understanding jesse's plan. i definitely welcome more of your posts in this forum.

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2009, 05:03:48 pm »
and what "national security objectives" is he referring to? If they were the people's objectives, they would not require a homebased enforcement crew, the objectives would be met out of free will. But if they are contrary to the will of the people than he is correct that it will cost many lives and much wealth.

He should rephrase the sentence from: "We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."

To: "We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the objectives that are in direct contrast to the will of the people that the international banking elite have set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded to break the will of the citizens of America into destroying their constitution and accepting a more draconian master/slave relationship with their banker owners."

The fact that there has been NO serious discussion of this statement on any of the political talk shows, or in mainstream news outlets at all,  makes me think your re-phrasing is correct. It's verboten. This 'civilian' national security force is what will protect the PTB from the people.

Offline Sensi Dave

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2009, 06:50:27 am »
Alex said on yesterday's show that the person in charge of what the carbon taxes will be on is an army psych warfare expert who was in charge of the occupation in Afghanistan, and that this was reported in an article in the Austin American Statesmen about the 'Green Jobs Corp.' Any have any confirmation on this, I can't find anything on Google.

Offline CasusBelli

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2009, 06:52:20 am »
When does this bill hit the Senate for a vote?
Think before you Act

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2009, 08:46:54 am »
When does this bill hit the Senate for a vote?

Since the banker-owned Democrats now have a filibuster-proof majority, I would imagine within the next five to ten days.

Offline ekimdrachir

• METATRON ON
    • Go Outside
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2009, 02:20:27 pm »
You americans are in trouble, but us Canadians will be even worse off. Winter is coming soon