Author Topic: 'DHS' captures another "Terrorist", Deportation expected by July 6th  (Read 11218 times)

Offline chrsswtzr

Stop deporting the innocent, support the “Dream Act”

• http://www.diariolasamericas.com/news.php?nid=80570

Not all who violate immigration rules are guilty; many in fact are innocent, such as the children who are brought by their parents as very young children. Such is the case of Walter Lara, a 23 year old who was brought to this country at the age of three from Argentina by his parents where they overstayed their tourist visa.

Like many children in similar circumstances, Lara does not remember Argentina; he is in fact just like other American children growing up in Miami, working hard in school earning the distinction of later graduating from the Honors College of Miami Dade College. Lara, a successful computer technician, was discovered by government officials on his way to work and is set to be deported to a country he has never seen July 6th. That can and should be stopped through the important initiatives co-sponsored in a bi-partisan manner by Senator Bill Nelson, Democrat of Florida and his Republican colleague Mel Martinez known as the “Dream Act”.

Essentially, the “Dream Act” would grant residency to students who can show residency within the United States for a minimum of 3-5 years, have graduated from high school and have not been in trouble with the law. They would be entitled to enlist in the military or attend state colleges or universities. Upon completing a six-year probationary period, they could be eligible for permanent residency. The Obama administration supports the “Dream Act” and it could be an important initial step toward meaningful immigration reform.

The “Dream Act” is consistent with U.S. policy toward education. The U.S. Supreme Court in 1982 ruled in Plyler v. Doe that undocumented children could not be denied access to a public school education but that does not include college or university level. Immigration reform should be designed to protect the best interests of this country, which include trying to help the best and the brightest within its borders.

Senators Nelson and Martinez deserve the support of Congress in passing the “Dream Act”, which they cosponsored, for the good of all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sen. Nelson rallies against student's deportation
Sen. Bill Nelson wants the deportation of college student Walter Lara halted. Nelson says Lara illustrates the need for the DREAM Act.

• http://www.miamiherald.com/news/miami-dade/story/1118685.html

Sen. Bill Nelson has called for authorities to halt the deportation of a Miami man whose immigration story has inspired protests and riled up immigration activists throughout South Florida.

In a letter last week addressed to a top federal immigration official, Nelson praised Walter Lara, a 23-year-old who is to be deported July 6. He called him ''exactly the type of person'' a new immigration bill is ''trying to help.'' Lara's story ''vividly illustrates'' the need for Congress to pass the DREAM Act, Nelson, a Democrat, said.

The bill would grant certain immigrants who graduate from U.S. high schools conditional permanent residency.

Lara received top scores in high school and college. He moved to Miami from Argentina when he was three. After graduating from Miami-Dade Honors College in 2007 he became a computer technician.

Both Florida senators -- Nelson and Republican Sen. Mel Martinez -- are co-sponsoring the bill along with about 25 others. Similar legislation in the House is supported by several South Florida lawmakers.

On June 23, more than 40 students and educators rallied against Lara's deportation at the College.

The protest was part of a nationwide campaign to raise awareness of the DREAM Act, which Congress failed to pass in 2007. President Obama has publicly supported the bill, which was reintroduced in March. Lara was arrested by immigration authorities in February while installing satellite dishes for DirecTV.

Nelson called for Homeland Security Department officials, who enforce the nation's immigration laws, to act before July 6.

Lara ''has earned the chance to live and work here and call America home,'' Nelson wrote.

Sign Sen. Bill Nelson's Letter on Behalf of Walter Lara

• http://causaoregon.blogspot.com/2009/06/sign-sen-bill-nelsons-letter-on-behalf.html

Walter Lara is a 23 year-old honor student facing deportation on July 6, 2009. Walters family immigrated from Argentina when he was three years old. He has only known life as an American, and proudly declares that the United States is my home.

U.S. Senator Bill Nelson wrote the Department of Homeland Security on Walter's behalf, requesting that they defer action on Walter's deportation because "he has earned the chance to live and work here and call America home."

Sign onto Sen. Nelson's letter and on Thursday, July 2, 2009, we will deliver Sen. Nelson's letter with your co-signature to the Department of Homeland Security.

Sign on to Senator Bill Nelson's Letter on Behalf of Walter Lara by linking HERE

• INFOWARSTV Video "I'm Being Deported - Walter Lara"

This is sad news... I was listening to WBAI this evening and heard of this for the first time. The kid seems genuine, and certainly isn't a threat to this nation.. in fact, I'd go as far to say that he's probably more a patriot that some of the law makers that would have him deported!!

I'm going to sign the petition to put a stop on his deportation... supposedly the Senator is on his side, so why can't he call up his people, get on the horn with immigration and put an end to this crap? Why must they still play this little charade for the cameras...? Or will he really be deported? I surely hope not.....

-Chris

Offline PainInDaBrain

Dude...Homeland security go F*** yourself

Offline America2

• Romans 10:9-10 King James Version
On the "NCIS" marathon on USA today, like 1/2 of the episodes were over catching "terrorists". In those episodes, "terrorists" were mentioned dozens of times, to the point where they were saying it unconsciencely.

No surprise what we are witnessing here.

Offline chrsswtzr

** BUMP **

This crap pisses me off....   between McKinney & this poor kid...... ahhh

>:(

Offline America2

• Romans 10:9-10 King James Version
** BUMP **

This crap pisses me off....   between McKinney & this poor kid...... ahhh

>:(

Ditto

Offline chrsswtzr

Re: 'DHS' captures another "Terrorist", Deportation expected by July 6th
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 08:26:21 pm »
Results tagged “Sec. Napolitano”

• http://www.seiu.org/mt/mt-search.cgi?blog_id=1&tag=Sec.%20Napolitano&limit=20

Stop the deportation of DREAM student Walter Lara

Walter Lara is an honor student who has lived in the U.S. since his parents brought him here from Argentina when he was just 3 years old. Almost 20 years later, Walter is set to be deported this July 4th weekend.

On February 17, 2009, Walter was with his boss (a DirectTV contractor) about to get on a ferry that would take him to Fisher Island so they could work on some installations. In ten minutes, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) authorities surrounded the vehicle and bombarded Walter with questions which he innocently responded to.

This is Walter's story --

My name is Walter Lara, I'm a DREAMer and I will be deported this July 4th weekend, unless the Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano steps in and stops my deportation.

Please call Sec. Napolitano and ask her to review my case and defer action on my deportation.

This is my only hope for staying in the United States.

You see, my parents brought me to the U.S. at the age of three with a dream of giving me a better life. They worked hard to provide for my family and raised me to believe in the American Dream. I graduated from high school with a 4.7 GPA, excited to apply for colleges and kick off my career in animation and graphic design. It's only then that I found out I was undocumented. My parents never talked to me about my immigration status because they feared that this knowledge would cause me to think less of myself and my abilities.

It didn't--and I was accepted to The Honors College at Miami Dade College in 2004, where I graduated with Highest Honors and Distinction in 2006.

And now, at the age of 23, I am facing deportation to a country that I have no memory of or connection to, but I have not lost hope because I have faith that Sec. Janet Napolitano will do the right thing and stop my deportation until my case can be reviewed.

Help me make sure that Sec. Janet Napolitano gets the message by calling her today.

I know that Sec. Napolitano will hear our calls. This past Friday, Senator Bill Nelson wrote to her about my case and said that my case "illustrated the need" for Congress to pass the DREAM Act and Comprehensive Immigration Reform and that I have "earned the chance to live and work here and call America home."

Sen. Nelson is right, but Congress can't move in time to stop my deportation -- Sec. Napolitano can!

Please call today: http://call.seiu.org/9/walterlara

Thank you,
Walter Lara

UPDATE: Voice mail boxes at DHS are full, thanks to more than 500 calls that poured in to Sec. Napolitano today. The campaign will resume tomorrow DHS reopens at 9:00 a.m.

What else you can do:

1. Join the Facebook page as an act of solidarity and to find out specifics of Walter's case.

2. Co-Sign senator Bill Nelson's letter to DHS: http://action.seiu.org/page/s/nelsonletterblog. The letter will be delivered to Homeland Security tomorrow -- so please sign it now.

3. Follow Walter on Twitter

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
Don't forget to add Suz to that list too.   >:(

Everyone please read this entire thread:
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=109477.0

She is just like me and you and look what is happening in the land of the free and the home of the brave
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately