Author Topic: Is voting on an Un-Read Bill legal?  (Read 1047 times)

peacefulwarrior

Is voting on an Un-Read Bill legal?
« on: June 27, 2009, 02:40:10 am »
If our elected officials don't even read bills they vote on, and that is an established fact, then isn't that a dereliction of duty and therefore (maybe) their votes and bills passed could be declared null and void?  Maybe some knowlagable people could research or comment on this concept?

Offline Scarbo

Re: Is voting on an Un-Read Bill legal?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 06:53:59 am »
It would be a long haul dragging something like that through the courts and I think the supreme court would dismiss it and say "they're doing their best" or some such drivel. But of course you're right. How can it be legal, and how can their votes have any meaning? You have to think, also, that if a vote were overturned by a court for this reason where would it end? How long has it been going on and how many laws would have to be scrapped?

Just another reason the states should act and act fast. Washington doesn't just need a reboot, it needs the hard drive reformatted and a fresh copy of the OS installed.

Offline jofortruth

Re: Is voting on an Un-Read Bill legal?
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 10:41:04 am »
It would be a long haul dragging something like that through the courts and I think the supreme court would dismiss it and say "they're doing their best" or some such drivel. But of course you're right. How can it be legal, and how can their votes have any meaning? You have to think, also, that if a vote were overturned by a court for this reason where would it end? How long has it been going on and how many laws would have to be scrapped?

Just another reason the states should act and act fast. Washington doesn't just need a reboot, it needs the hard drive reformatted and a fresh copy of the OS installed.

A great analogy Scarbo!
Don't believe me. Look it up yourself!