Author Topic: DC Metro Train Crash to KILL General who gave order to scramble jets on 9/11?  (Read 30109 times)

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
9/11 general among train crash victims
By Petula Dvorak, Aaron C. Davis and Jonathan Mummolo
The Washington Post
updated 8:00 a.m. ET, Wed., June 24, 2009

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31519340/ns/us_news-washington_post/

WASHINGTON - The people who stepped on Metro's Red Line cars on a warm summer evening were the perfect cross section of the careers and characters who make the nation's capital so compelling: a military general, a Bible school teacher, single moms balancing work and children. It was during that common gray space of their day, while they passed the time reading a book or fighting the urge to sleep, that a single event united nine of those diverse people in a common tragic fate.

There was no warning Monday evening when the click-clack and hum of the Metro commute smash-cut to breaking glass and screams, according to survivors of the crash near the Fort Totten Station that killed train operator Jeanice McMillan, 42, of Springfield and eight passengers.

At a memorial service yesterday at the transit agency, someone read Psalm 23. A black cloth was draped over the Metro symbol. People prayed for those whose life stories unfolded before them. Ana Fernandez, the woman who left behind so many children. LaVonda "Nikki" King, an aspiring beautician.

"It's a common bond. Everybody at some point uses Metro," said Phillip Barrett Jr., who paused to remember those who died. "Everybody was going about their everyday routine. Then this happened."

Among the dead was retired Maj. Gen. David F. Wherley Jr. of Washington, a man whose career put him in far more dangerous situations than an evening commute aboard public transit. Wherley, a command pilot who logged more than 5,000 hours in military aircraft, gave the order to scramble planes over Washington on Sept. 11, 2001.

'He was special'
Wherley, 62, who later became the commanding general of the D.C. National Guard, was lauded for the educational programs he helped create for high school dropouts.

But his military résumé and presence did not define who he was, according to Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-D.C.).

"He was special because he became one of us, instead of the general who commanded our National Guard," Norton said. "I remember how proudly he told me that he and his wife had bought a condominium in the District so they could become residents."

Wherley's wife, Ann Wherley, 62, a mortgage banker, was also killed.

The day of the terrorist attacks, her husband was commander of the 113th Wing at Andrews Air Force Base. He detailed the harrowing minutes of tough decision making in a Washington Post interview in 2002.

Wherley said the moment he knew the attacks would go beyond New York was when one of his officers, whose husband worked at the Pentagon, saw on television that the second tower of the World Trade Center had been hit and began shrieking.

"You've got to be strong," Wherley told the officer before racing out of the building and running several hundred yards to squadron headquarters. There, officers wanted to head to the skies right away, but Wherley was measured. "We have to get some instructions," Wherley told squadron officers. "We can't just fly off half-cocked."

The general went to work through classified communications channels and within a half-hour received oral instructions from the White House giving the pilots extraordinary discretion to shoot down any threatening aircraft.

Norton said Wherley recently had heart surgery for a valve problem but was recovering and was planning a trip to Europe in October.

The death of Ana Fernandez, 40, brings the reverberations of the calamity into stark numbers. Nearly a dozen children were left motherless because of the crash, and six of them belonged to Fernandez.

Outside a Hyattsville apartment building yesterday, Oscar Flores wiped tears from his swollen, red eyes and gazed across a playground packed with children and new responsibility. The toddler with pigtails on a tricycle; the 10-year-old and 12-year-old boys in striped polo shirts, sulking atop the monkey bars; the 14-year-old and 18-year-old girls slouching beside the swing set, staring off, lost in thought. They are all now his, and his alone. His wife was gone.

"I can't believe it," said Flores, 35, speaking in Spanish. He picked up Jackie, the youngest and the one they shared, and buried his head against hers. Flores had just returned from the morgue, where he had officially identified his wife and been told for the first time that she had died in the twist of mangled wreckage. Both her legs had been sheared off in the impact, he said.

She had returned two weeks ago to her old night commute to the District and a job cleaning offices.

"She was always working — working two jobs. She did whatever she had to to take care of us," said Evelyn Fernandez, her oldest daughter, who is enrolled in a GED program. "She was a strong woman. She never needed anyone to help her."

Ana Fernandez and Flores, a window washer, had been on opposite schedules since she had returned to work. They hadn't seen each other in a week, he said. Fernandez spent her last hours Monday with her children, they said.

LaVonda "Nikki" King, 23, of Northeast Washington had boarded the Metro chattering away about her new career. She was on the phone with her mother, talking about the fliers she wanted to make to promote her new business, LaVonda's House of Beauty.

"I was talking to her as she entered the train," said her mother, Tawanda Brown of Upper Marlboro. "She was so excited. She had so many dreams about the salon." King had signed the paperwork for the Forestville salon space just Friday and was headed to pick up her sons, ages 2 and 3, from day care.

When Brown saw the crash coverage on TV, she knew: "My daughter's on that train." She spent a sickening night visiting six hospitals before authorities knocked on her door at 3 a.m. to tell her King was dead.

Relatives who gathered outside King's apartment in the Kenilworth neighborhood remembered the bright young woman who took public transportation everywhere and dreamed of buying a car and making a better life for her sons.

Veronica DuBose's ambition brought her to the Metro that Monday evening. The 29-year-old mother of two young children was riding the subway to attend nursing classes in the District to earn higher levels of certification, according to her stepmother, YaVonne DuBose.

When YaVonne DuBose heard about the accident, she texted her stepdaughter to make sure she was okay. But YaVonne did not hear back from Veronica, who worked as a nurse at an assisted living facility in Northwest. "If we had a middle name for Veronica, it would be 'Text.' She and I would keep in touch very often," YaVonne said.

Yesterday afternoon, YaVonne DuBose finally got word from detectives about her stepdaughter's death on the Metro. Veronica, of the District, left behind Raja, 8, and 18-month-old Ava.

"I know everyone is here for a purpose. She was in our lives for a purpose," YaVonne DuBose said. "There is something about her that gives me the sense that she is a nurse. They are very conscientious. She's a problem solver. She's a no-nonsense, absolute person."

Scores of children in different parts of the District were affected by the loss of Dennis Hawkins, 64, of Washington.

Hawkins had no children of his own, but he was beloved by kids at the school where he worked and in the church where he taught, friends and relatives said.

He was on his way from work at Whittier Education Center in Northwest Washington to teach vacation Bible school in Ivy City when he was killed in the crash.

'I dropped to the floor'
A family friend, Christina Cobb, 23, was sitting in her Bowie bedroom early on Monday evening, chatting with a girlfriend on the telephone, when she heard the call waiting signal. It was her aunt. "Chrissy? Hi, it's Aunt Dora. Where's your mom?'' Cobb recalled. Cobb, who works at a consulting firm, got up from her bedroom, sensing her aunt's urgent tone, and headed toward her mother's bedroom down the hallway.

"She said, 'Dennis was on the train. Dennis Hawkins,' " Cobb said. Then she asked her aunt if he was okay. "She said, 'No. He was one of the fatalities.' That's when I dropped to the floor."

Members of Bethesda Baptist Church waited and waited for their Bible school teacher to arrive Monday night. Cobb's grandmother was enrolled. Finally, word from Hawkins's family reached a church official. And they began to mourn.

Nicole Clifton, principal at Whittier, said Hawkins was a retired teacher who worked as Whittier's right-hand man.

"He was the heartbeat of the school. He was my go-to person," Clifton said. "Kids loved him; parents loved him."

About 4:30 p.m. Monday, Clifton was leaving, and she recalled the last words she heard Hawkins speak: "Good night, all; good night, Dr. Clifton. I'll see you in the morning," she said. Clifton heard news of the crash and tried to phone Hawkins to tell him to find a route other than the Red Line.

Proud Texan
Mary "Mandy" Doolittle, 59, of Washington was a proud Texan who was the joy of her office at the American Nurses Association in Silver Spring, said executive director Jeanne Floyd.

"She was highly committed to nursing around the globe. She was not a nurse, but she was the face of this organization internationally," Floyd said.

Doolittle had lived in Italy some years ago and was finally planning a return visit in July with her partner of 15 years, friends said.

Ann Miller, a friend, said: "She always greeted everyone with a wide smile, a giggly 'Hello!' and a hug or a double-clasped handshake that she'd keep firm hold of while she asked you how you'd been."

It was an ordinary work day for Cameron Williams on Monday. He cooked himself breakfast, then surfed the Web and did some light cleaning around the house while he chatted with his aunt and grandmother in the afternoon.

Just as he was preparing to go off to his night contract worker job downtown, he stopped on the porch of the Takoma Park home he shared with his grandmother and talked to his aunt about the weekend. Maybe he'd go to Carter Barron.

"Then he turned the corner and headed to the Metro," Shirley Williams said of her 37-year-old nephew, the oldest of five brothers who grew up in the city and graduated from Coolidge High School. "I watched him until I couldn't see him anymore."

Metro has established a $250,000 relief fund for survivors and relatives of victims to assist them with medical, funeral and other immediate expenses.

© 2009 The Washington Post Company
URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31519340/ns/us_news-washington_post/
And  the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, 
Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren,  ye have done it unto me.

Matthew 25:40

Offline xatom227

"Presidents are not elected by ballot, they are selected by blood."   -  David Icke

"The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists."  -  J. Edgar Hoover

Offline Optimus

• Globalist Destroyer
  • Global Moderator
    • GlobalGulag.com
Is Cheney tieing up loose ends to cover his ass? :-\

Man killed in D.C. Metro crash ordered jets above Capitol on 9/11Story
http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/06/23/washington.metro.crash.victims/index.html

Highlights
Maj. Gen. David F. Wherley Jr. deployed pilots on September 11, 2001
Wherley, wife, seven others killed in Monday's crash of two D.C. Metro trains
Wherley was commanding general of D.C. National Guard from 2003 to 2008
"He was as fine a public servant ... as anyone" I've met, Washington mayor says

updated 11:12 p.m. EDT, Tue June 23, 2009

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A former commanding general of the District of Columbia National Guard -- who ordered jets over the Capitol amid the September 11, 2001, terror attacks -- was among those killed in a transit train crash in Washington this week, authorities said Tuesday.

Retired Maj. Gen. David F. Wherley Jr. and his wife, Ann, both 62, were killed along with seven others Monday in the most deadly train crash in the history of the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority.

"He was as fine a public servant, as dedicated to the United States of America ... as anyone I have ever met," Washington Mayor Adrian Fenty told reporters Tuesday.

On the morning of the September 11 attacks, Wherley, commander of the 113th Fighter Wing at Andrews Air Force Base, deployed pilots with orders from then-Vice President Dick Cheney to protect the White House and take out any aircraft that threatened the Capitol, according to the 9/11 Commission Report.

"They said challenge them, try to turn them away; if they don't turn away, use whatever force is necessary to keep them from hitting buildings downtown," Wherley told the Washington Post in a 2002 interview.

Wherley, a 40-year military veteran, served as the commanding general of the D.C. Guard from 2003 to 2008.

"I am personally grieved by this unbelievable tragedy," said Maj. Gen. Errol R. Schwartz who succeeded Wherley when he retired.  See pictures of crash site »

The Wherleys are survived by a son, David, a noncommissioned officer in the U.S. Army Golden Knights; a daughter, Betsy; and one grandchild, according to the National Guard.

The seven others killed in the collision were: train operator Jeanice McMillan, 42, of Springfield, Virginia; Mary Doolittle, 59; Lavanda King, 23; Veronica Dubose, 26; Cameron Williams, 36; and Dennis Hawkins, 64, all of Washington; and Ana Fernandez, 40, of Hyattsville, Maryland.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people,
it's an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” – Patrick Henry

>>> Global Gulag Media & Forum <<<

kushfiend

Re: Man killed in D.C. Metro crash ordered jets above Capitol on 9/11
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 10:57:06 am »
wow - this guy was probably the reason that Cheney had to order Flight 93 shot down - I have heard that was supposed to go to the White House - which no longer became a possibility due to this guy ordering the fighters to the air.

Hmm - orrrr it's just a crazy coincidence

Offline Cpl744

Of all the people on that train, they had no way of knowing whether or not he would be killed... and with only 9 people killed out of the hundred or so on the train, that's a pretty big gamble.

There are many other ways someone can be taken out that wouldn't risk so many lives, and have a MUCH higher success rate.

This is not suspicious.

Offline Optimus

• Globalist Destroyer
  • Global Moderator
    • GlobalGulag.com
Of all the people on that train, they had no way of knowing whether or not he would be killed... and with only 9 people killed out of the hundred or so on the train, that's a pretty big gamble.

There are many other ways someone can be taken out that wouldn't risk so many lives, and have a MUCH higher success rate.

This is not suspicious.

It's not suspicious that ALL the safety features failed? And I guess it's not possible for someone to track what car he entered that would give the highest probability that he would get killed? And I don't think an assassin would be concerned how many innocent lives are snuffed out, just as long as the target is among the dead.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people,

Offline jetxnet

DC train in "automatic mode" when crashing into the other
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 11:57:03 am »
So, riddle me this. How does a train that is in automatic mode crash into another Metro train? I could see if it was in "Manual" mode, but in automatic mode, it would certainly know where to be and when. 

I was able to confirm the definition of "automatic mode" and what it meant for the Metro industry. The short answer is everything is based on "timing", and either the entire rail system is running in "automatic mode" or "manual mode".

The Australian had an article on the incident that has some interesting commentary:

Read more ..http://www.repubx.com/post/DC-train-in-automatic-mode-when-crashing-into-the-other.aspx

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated

This is not suspicious.

bwaaahahahahaha

"This is not suspicious."

Now I am going to be looking way deep into this shit, thanks for the head's up!

By the way, not for nothing but if your only purposes here are to try and sway PP Forum members to your Pubx website and to stifle rational and logical thinking, you may be in the wrong place.
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline donnay

• Live Free Or Die Trying!

This is not suspicious.

Maybe, if there were mandatory seatbelts they would be alive today! <Sarcasm>

Everything has it's suspicions--given governments track record.

Please visit my website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

Offline trailhound

creepy coincidence

Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, and Nebraska National Guard units will respond to multiple events in Iowa and Kansas including simulated train derailments and foreign animal disease.  (Media interested in covering events in Iowa should contact LTC Greg Hapgood at 515-971-6385; for events in Kansas, contact Sharon Watson at 785-274-1192)

http://www.northcom.mil/News/2009/060909.html

"Do not let your hatred of a people incite you to aggression." Qur'an 5:2
At the heart of that Western freedom and democracy is the belief that the individual man, the child of God, is the touchstone of value..." -RFK

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
I find it hard to believe there's some type of conspiracy behind this..  How would any know which car he would get into?  It's completely random.. I used to ride the Metro everyday.

SMART POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?board=407.0

The extermination of any potential whistleblower during the pre-crime phase! The use of automated "smart" technology to assess a potential risk to the NWO matrix and dispose of that potential  risk!!!

CAESER KNOWS ALL!

CAESER IS IN CONTROL!
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline phasma

• Have a H.A.A.R.P.Y DAY !
Theres more than one way to skin a goose !

more than possible to make sure he died - could have been a hit and the derailment was cover -

could have had another train ready to hit the front for maximum likelihood !

Could have survived and been killed after

I do not doubt for a minute that they would be capable of any and all of the above suggestions !
Things are not what they appear to be: nor are they otherwise - Surangama Sutra

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated

more than possible to make sure he died - could have been a hit and the derailment was cover -

I do not doubt for a minute that they would be capable of any and all of the above suggestions !

Did anyone see him get on the train, where is the video of him getting on the train.

Watch the movie "The Conversation" with Gene Hackman to understand more about how these things could be done (not sure if it pertains to this case, but a free-thinking person could at least do a smell test using this scenario as a possibility).

Offline Optimus

• Globalist Destroyer
  • Global Moderator
    • GlobalGulag.com
LRT system limits risk of crash like D.C. Metro's
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09175/979416-53.stm
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
By Jon Schmitz, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The control room in the Port Authority's South Hills Village Rail Center.

The likelihood of two Port Authority Light Rail Transit vehicles crashing into each other is slight, officials said yesterday, but to say "it can't happen here" would be an overstatement.

In fact, it did -- on July 25, 1995, when one train rear-ended another near the Dawn stop on the Beechview line, injuring 139 passengers.

But there are significant differences in how the trains operate here and on Washington, D.C.'s, Metro system, where one train rammed another Monday, killing nine people.

Metro rail cars typically are run by onboard computers that control speed and braking, with the operators required only to close the doors after stops, The Washington Post reported yesterday.

LRT vehicles here are controlled by the operators, who must obey computerized signals on much of the system that are designed to keep vehicles a safe distance apart.

If a train continues through a red light, an electromagnetic device in the track sends a signal that automatically brakes the vehicle to a stop, said Winston Simmonds, Port Authority's operations manager.

If there is an equipment failure, the signals are designed to default to red. In a power outage, operators are trained to treat an inoperable signal as being red, and if they try to pass, the car will be automatically halted.

But portions of the LRT system don't have signals -- including the stretch from South Hills Junction to the South Busway Bridge, the section of Broadway Avenue that the LRT system shares with automobile traffic and the Library line south of Washington Junction.

In those zones, the operators are responsible for staying a safe distance from the train ahead and should be able to stop in half of that distance or less, Mr. Simmonds said.

Pittsburgh's rail vehicles operate at much slower speeds than Washington's, with a maximum of 30 mph and an average of 12.6 mph, while Metro trains have a 59 mph maximum and 33 mph average.

The positions of all vehicles are monitored at the authority's Operations Control Center at South Hills Village.

The vehicles can be seen as numbered white blips on a 40-foot long electronic display board that also shows the status of each signaled section of track.

Employees called "movement directors" sit at consoles that vaguely resemble those in NASA's control rooms. They are able to manually control signals and traffic if there is maintenance work or in other unusual circumstances, said Todd McElravy, assistant manager of rail operations.

"We have control of everything out here," he said.

Soon to debut on the newer Overbrook line is an automated system that delivers information to operators on the maximum safe operating speed, based on their position and those of other vehicles. If an operator exceeds that speed, the system will automatically bring the vehicle to a stop, Mr. McElravy said.

The worst crash in the 24-year history of the LRT system occurred at the entrance to a construction zone where the automatic stop feature at a signal was intentionally disabled to allow smoother traffic movement.

Because of the construction, trains in both directions operated on a single track, and outbound vehicles were queued up near Dawn to wait for inbound trains to pass.

The operator of a 47S South Hills Village car was supposed to stop at the red signal just before the construction zone, then proceed slowly to the queue.

He told investigators that he blacked out and continued through the signal without stopping. With the automatic stop system switched off, the train rolled past the red light at 15 mph and rear-ended a stopped 42L Library vehicle.

The National Transportation Safety Board concluded that the authority shouldn't have disabled the automatic stopping system and also faulted the driver.

Port Authority officials would not speculate on the cause of Monday's crash in Washington but said they would try to learn from it.

"When you have a tragic accident like this in the industry ... you take a retrospective look at your own operation," Mr. Simmonds said. "We'll be waiting for the investigation to come out and look at the recommendations and see how we can apply them to improve what we're doing here."

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator

I agree completely - we're making the assumption that the train wreck killed them... it could have been a cover for some other 'event' that caused the deaths.
And  the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, 
Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren,  ye have done it unto me.

Matthew 25:40

Offline phasma

Well thats what I mean - if he`s dead and in a train wreck everyone will assume (wrongly maybe) that the train crash killed him !

We need to keep our eyes open for any clues.

Offline IridiumKEPfactor

I find it hard to believe there's some type of conspiracy behind this..  How would any know which car he would get into?  It's completely random.. I used to ride the Metro everyday.

My guess would be that the guy could have stood around the same place every day. He w as regimented and developed a habbit of being punctual. If there was an op to take this guy out to just take 3 months worth of afternoon/evening returning home activity and run the stats on what car he ride in the most via cell phone GPS data. Then simulate the derailment at the desired stop. If it's a high percentage green light it.

Monitor were the guy is, confirm he is in the optimal zone for termination via forced train derailment. Hack into train saftey system that MIC built with back doors. Run the op.

Blame it on a malfunctioning computer.

Offline phasma

My guess would be that the guy could have stood around the same place every day. He w as regimented and developed a habbit of being punctual. If there was an op to take this guy out to just take 3 months worth of afternoon/evening returning home activity and run the stats on what car he ride in the most via cell phone GPS data. Then simulate the derailment at the desired stop. If it's a high percentage green light it.

Monitor were the guy is, confirm he is in the optimal zone for termination via forced train derailment. Hack into train saftey system that MIC built with back doors. Run the op.

Blame it on a malfunctioning computer.

Yeah ex military - likely to be regimented in his habits and he was high up military - he will have long forgotten how to spot a tail. . .

luckee1

Not all military learn how to spot a tail.  Just so you know.  That is just in the movies.  But you are right about regimentation.  IridiumKEPfactor  was right about the GPS monitoring, I am certain.  Heck these days you really don't need a GPS to track the cell phone the towers and mini towers alone could well enough zero in on him.

I give credence to the "conspiracy" as the MSM is keeping this wreck in our faces.  They only do that for a situated purpose.  Couple that with the Air France crash and the people that died in that.  I take great license to speculate.

Offline IridiumKEPfactor

There's a saying.

"As he repeatedly suspects conspiracy where none exists."

This story is interesting and knowing that this technology exist and hits like this are possible and the story behind this guy re": 9/11 it gets the wheels turning.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/06/24/dc.subway.crash/index.html

'Anomaly' discovered in Metro track control circuit
Story Highlights
NEW: Further tests on circuit to be conducted Wednesday

Lawmaker to seek $3 billion for Metro transit improvements

Spokeswoman says agency tries to keep aging trains in good condition

NTSB had recommended replacing or retrofitting older cars

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Transportation investigators said Wednesday that they have discovered an "anomaly" in a control circuit of a track where a crash between two Washington subway trains killed nine people.

Debbie Hersman of the National Transportation Safety Board said each section of a track has a circuit that transmits and receives signals that generate speed commands for trains.

Hersman said investigators found no problems in five of the six circuits on the 740 feet long stretch of track in the area of the crash. But they found "anomalies" with the sixth circuit.

She would not say what those anomalies were but said further tests would be conducted Wednesday to try to determine what caused the deadly accident.

Meanwhile Wednesday, House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer said he plans to seek $3 billion for Metro transit capital improvements, just days after a crash between two trains killed nine people.

A large part of the investigation into Monday's crash is focusing on the outdated train of six cars that slammed into a stationary train in front of it. All the fatalities were on that train, Metro transit spokeswoman Angela Gates said Wednesday.

Debris from the crash was removed Wednesday.

The front car of the rear train was severely damaged, leaving minimal space for survivability, said Debbie Hersman, the lead investigator from the National Transportation Board. The driver of that train died.

According to one report, 50 feet of the 75 feet in that lead car were lost to the accident, leaving only one-third of the space after the impact.

"The safety of our citizens is our highest priority, and we must take every precaution that this loss of life does not occur again," Hoyer, of Maryland, said Wednesday.

"In the very near future, I will be joining with my colleagues from my region in introducing the final measure required to authorize $3 billion in dedicated federal and local funding for Metro," Hoyer said.

"Millions and millions of tourists from throughout this nation ride on this system, as well as tens of thousands of the employees who work for this country."

"We received formal notice from the governors of Maryland, Virginia and the mayor of the District of Columbia that the jurisdictions had amended the [Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority] compact to enable such funding just last week. I hope we can move quickly to pass this legislation critical to meeting Metro's capital and maintenance needs," Hoyer added.

The Series 1000 cars, purchased between 1974 and 1978, are among the oldest in the fleet of the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority. They make up one-quarter of its 1,126 cars, or nearly 300 cars, Gates said.

The NTSB recommended in 2006, after a 2004 accident, that the old cars be eliminated or retrofitted with up-to-date safety technology.

"Our recommendation was not addressed, so [the case] has been closed in inacceptable status," Hersman said Tuesday. Watch Hersman talk about previous warnings »

The NTSB has no regulatory powers and can't force implementation.

At $3 million per car, the agency can't afford to replace them all at once, Gates said. Each car has a 40-year life and could last until fiscal year 2015, she added.

"So we've taken steps to keep them in good condition" and have been phasing them out as new cars are bought, she said. That plan hasn't gone as quickly as anticipated, however, because of an increase in ridership.

The transit agency has said it will ask the federal government for help in replacing the old cars.

The lead train in the crash contained newer 5000-Series and 3000-Series cars. These have data recorders, which will aid the investigation a great deal if they aren't damaged, Hersman said. The recorders provide information on such things as speed, braking and emergency applications. She said there were no recorders on the rear train.

The Metro board is "aggressively seeking" to replace the 1000-Series cars, Chairman Jim Graham said Tuesday.

Meanwhile, investigators are looking into why the computerized emergency system that is supposed to activate when Metro transit trains get too close to each other didn't appear to kick in before this week's fatal crash.

"The design of the system is set up to keep trains separated, to have positive separation between trains, to control speeds, to give them speed information. And so what we're trying to figure out is what happened in this accident," Hersman told CNN's "American Morning" on Wednesday. Watch Hersman talk about the computer systems »

She said investigators planned to spend the day running tests on the train tracks and brakes and examine maintenance records.

The rear train was being operated in automatic mode, which is the normal operating procedure during rush hour. Washington trains are being operated manually until the cause of the crash is determined, Hersman said.

She said there is no indication that any of the brakes on the rear train failed before it rear-ended the other train.

"Our investigators on scene yesterday did find some evidence of emergency brake application. They found the emergency mushroom, which is a button that was depressed in the control cab, and they also examined the wheels and the brakes, and they found that the rotors showed some bluing," Hersman said.

"That bluing is consistent with an emergency brake application," she said later.

Bluing indicates that the rotors have been subjected to extremely high temperatures, and this can be caused by hard stops.

The wreck occurred along the Red Line just before 5 p.m. Monday on an above-ground track near Takoma Park, Maryland.

Both trains were on the same track, traveling in the same direction: south from the Takoma station to the Fort Totten Metrorail station to the Shady Grove station.

The train in front had stopped behind another train undergoing service and was awaiting directions to move ahead.

It is the worst Metro transit accident in the agency's 33 years of operation.

angndon

Did some googling of the General

http://lautenberg.senate.gov/newsroom/record.cfm?id=254280
"Dear Major General Wherley,

I am writing to express my alarm about the incident that occurred on Wednesday evening, when an F-16 fighter jet, assigned to the 113th Wing of the District of Columbia Air National Guard, fired at least twenty-five 20mm rounds at the Little Egg Harbor Intermediate School in Little Egg Harbor, New Jersey. The actions of the pilot -- whether accidental or not -- are totally incomprehensible, and I therefore ask that the District of Columbia Air National Guard suspend all training operations in the state of New Jersey until this matter has been fully investigated.

I ask that your prompt review produce a complete explanation of the circumstances, including a remedy that will absolutely guarantee that nothing like this can ever happen again. In the meantime, I would like to meet with you, Brigadier General Duane J. Lodrige, Commander of the District of Columbia Air National Guard, and Colonel Linda K. McTague, the Commander of the 113th Wing, at the earliest possible time to discuss this incident. Your timely response would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

U.S. Senator Frank R. Lautenberg "

Offline chrsswtzr

bwaaahahahahaha

"This is not suspicious."

Now I am going to be looking way deep into this shit, thanks for the head's up!

By the way, not for nothing but if your only purposes here are to try and sway PP Forum members to your Pubx website and to stifle rational and logical thinking, you may be in the wrong place.

+1

This is very suspect... are you kidding me?? You have to SMOKING Obama Koolaid to think that it isn't!

Wherley was a very respectable man from all I've read about him, and this is very sad news to hear... I hope more light is shed on this "assassination" plot, if that is, indeed, what it is...

Offline barndoor77

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31519340/ns/us_news-washington_post/

9/11 general among D.C. train crash victims
Bible school teacher, nurses, moms also mourned following Metro disaster

Reads Like a Harlequin Romance Novel / Rather than a News Article - read some of the writing, this sounds very 'faked' to me...

Metro's Red Line cars on a warm summer evening - Narrative

It was during that common gray space of their day - Assumptive

"You've got to be strong," Wherley told the officer before racing out of the building and running several hundred yards to squadron headquarters. - This sounds like a high school essay, I'm sorry is this journalism, or fiction?

Norton said Wherley recently had heart surgery for a valve problem but was recovering and was planning a trip to Europe in October.Wandering Story

On and on and on ...  

In other words in my honest opinion someone WHO IS NOT A JOURNALIST WROTE THIS LIKE AN OPERATIVE. The reason I would state this is because is it drippy and flowery, the same drippy and flowery they gave the Flight 93 Victims before they fabricated their story about them 'taking the plane.' ~OR~
BOTH THE WRITER (AND THE EDITOR IF ONE EXISTS) HAS ABOUT A GRADE 10 EDUCATION... MSNBC MUST PAY LIKE 6$/HR TO GET THIS TYPE OF WRITING.

Offline phasma

How oddly mills and boon!!!

This thing is very sus
and iv`e been thinking about it, awful lot of ppl dying in odd accidents at the moment isn`t there?

Car / train / plane crashes, flu (could also be cover for action) and on the blackjack thread there is a post by a marine and he said that ex special forces ppl are disappearing - and going into hiding.

Are they cleaning house before they do something?

Mike Philbin

"We have control of everything out here," he said.

Needs BUMPing for emphasis. You scared yet, America? You wanna go faster, humanity?

Offline phasma

Yeah . . . ultimately who is at the very end of this cookie trail?

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
From the closing arguments scene in the movie JFK by Oliver Stone...
http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/j/jfk-script-transcript-oliver-stone.html

"The bigger the lie, the more people will believe it."
Lee Harvey Oswald, a crazed, lonely man who wanted attention...
...and got it by killing a President was only the first in a long line of patsies.
In later years, Bobby Kennedy, Martin Luther King...
...men whose commitment to change and peace...
...made them dangerous to men committed to war, would follow...
...also killed by such lonely crazed men.
Men who remove all guilt by making murder a meaningless act of a loner.
We've all become Hamlets in our country, children of a slain father-leader...
...whose killers still possess the throne.
The ghost of John F. Kennedy confronts us with the secret murder...
...at the heart of the American Dream.
He forces on us the appalling questions: Of what is our Constitution made?
What are our lives worth?
What is the future of a democracy...
...where a President can be assassinated under suspicious circumstances...
...while the machinery of legal action scarcely trembles?
How many more political murders disguised as heart attacks...
...suicides, cancers, drug overdoses?
How many plane and car crashes will occur...
...before they are exposed for what they are?

"Treason doth never prosper," wrote an English poet.
"What's the reason?"
"For if it prosper, none dare call it treason."

Offline phasma

I don't think anybody get's on the same car everyday ridding the Metro.. it's completely random.  You'll stand where there's room to stand, and you'll go into which ever car you can.. You have to remember this was rush hour time, and the Metro is pretty packed.

It's interesting and all, but just saying
Actually, when i commuted every day you would see exactly that. same people getting in the same carriages every day, people are creatures of habit and they do stand at the same places !

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
Did some googling of the General

http://lautenberg.senate.gov/newsroom/record.cfm?id=254280
"Dear Major General Wherley,

I am writing to express my alarm about the incident that occurred on Wednesday evening, when an F-16 fighter jet, assigned to the 113th Wing of the District of Columbia Air National Guard, fired at least twenty-five 20mm rounds at the Little Egg Harbor Intermediate School in Little Egg Harbor, New Jersey. The actions of the pilot -- whether accidental or not -- are totally incomprehensible, and I therefore ask that the District of Columbia Air National Guard suspend all training operations in the state of New Jersey until this matter has been fully investigated.

I ask that your prompt review produce a complete explanation of the circumstances, including a remedy that will absolutely guarantee that nothing like this can ever happen again. In the meantime, I would like to meet with you, Brigadier General Duane J. Lodrige, Commander of the District of Columbia Air National Guard, and Colonel Linda K. McTague, the Commander of the 113th Wing, at the earliest possible time to discuss this incident. Your timely response would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

U.S. Senator Frank R. Lautenberg "

Nice find...WTF?

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated

It is the worst Metro transit accident in the agency's 33 years of operation.

What an amazing way to let us know who is really in control.

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
DC train union head: Too soon to talk crash cause
http://www.fresnobee.com/641/story/1491458.html
Published online on Tuesday, Jun. 23, 2009

WASHINGTON -- The head of the transit workers' union in the nation's capital says any comments about the cause of a train accident that killed nine people would be premature and irresponsible.

The president of the Amalgamated Transit Union Local 689 said Tuesday that it is important that steps are taken to avoid any future tragedy. President Jackie Jeter says the training for a train operator is 12 weeks.

The driver of the train that barreled into a stopped train completed her training in December. The train operator, Jeanice McMillan, had previously been a bus driver.

The union represents more than 10,000 retired and active employees. Nearly 8,000 of the active members work as train and bus operators, mechanics and clerical workers, among other positions.

Offline Sensi Dave

Needs BUMPing for emphasis. You scared yet, America? You wanna go faster, humanity?

Tired of people saying shit like this like they aren't part of America or humanity themselves and they're watching from above or something. Humble yourselves.

Offline America2

• Romans 10:9-10 King James Version
Did anyone see him get on the train, where is the video of him getting on the train.

Watch the movie "The Conversation" with Gene Hackman to understand more about how these things could be done (not sure if it pertains to this case, but a free-thinking person could at least do a smell test using this scenario as a possibility).

French Connection I & II
The Package
Enemy of the State
The Firm
No Way Out

Just to name a few - but this guy has done WAY too many NWO movies in his entire career.

Offline chris jones

Coincidence, well who knows. There have been a lot of coincidences the past few decades.

Killing for some is an art, a very well planned scenario, backup in each and every sector of Gov.

There should be some research as to why a Ex. General was riding a train, where he had been before his commuter trip, who had seen him, what was his destination, and a autopsy.
Further more had this man shown any intention whatsoever of coming forward with any revelation as to 911.
If this man was going to pen the book on 911, he could have been killed before the actual wreck and placed very skillfully among the dead.

Cojecture sure, but lets face it, they have committed far greater deceptions.

Offline phasma

Coincidence, well who knows. There have been a lot of coincidences the past few decades.

Killing for some is an art, a very well planned scenario, backup in each and every sector of Gov.

There should be some research as to why a Ex. General was riding a train, where he had been before his commuter trip, who had seen him, what was his destination, and a autopsy.
Further more had this man shown any intention whatsoever of coming forward with any revelation as to 911.
If this man was going to pen the book on 911, he could have been killed before the actual wreck and placed very skillfully among the dead.

Cojecture sure, but lets face it, they have committed far greater deceptions.

Yeah - this seems like a possibility.
Who were the other ppl killed? Did I read there was another family member with this guy or am i thinking of someone else?

Offline Optimus

• Globalist Destroyer
  • Global Moderator
    • GlobalGulag.com
D.C. train control system fails in test
NTSB findings suggest a crucial technology breakdown may have caused deadly crash.
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-train26-2009jun26,0,4470392.story?track=rss
By Lena H. Sun and Maria Glod
June 26, 2009

Reporting from Washington -- A train control system that should have prevented Monday's deadly commuter rail crash in Washington, D.C., failed in a test conducted by federal investigators, officials said Thursday, suggesting that a crucial breakdown of technology sent one train slamming into another.

Investigators with the National Transportation Safety Board performed the simulation Wednesday night. In the test, investigators positioned a train in the same location as the train that was rear-ended in Monday's crash. The system failed to detect that the idled test train was there, the NTSB said. Investigators did not say what caused the malfunction, and they stopped short of saying the system failure caused the crash.

The test results are significant because they confirmed earlier findings of "anomalies" in an electrical track circuit in the crash area.

The findings suggest that the oncoming train in Monday's crash might not have received information that a train was stopped ahead. The stationary train was struck by a train operated by Jeanice McMillan. She and eight others were killed in the crash; 80 people were injured.

If a malfunctioning circuit failed to detect the stopped train, it would have assumed that the stretch of track in front of McMillan's train was clear and set the speed of her train at 59 mph, sending it hurtling into the stopped one.

The steel rails show evidence that McMillan activated the emergency brakes before the crash.

An NTSB spokesman said Thursday that no one was available to discuss the findings.

A senior Metro official knowledgeable about train operations said an internal report confirmed that the train control system failed to detect the idling train when the crash occurred about 5 p.m. on a curved section of track between the Fort Totten and Takoma stations.

The operator of the idling train, who was hospitalized after the crash, was also interviewed by federal investigators Thursday. He told them that he saw a train in front of him at the Fort Totten station and stopped to wait for the path to clear, officials said. While stopped, he felt a "hard push" from the impact, according to the NTSB.