Author Topic: FOX News Alert!! War Emminent  (Read 18423 times)

thenewsonsofliberty

FOX News Alert!! War Emminent
« on: June 18, 2009, 01:14:11 pm »
jus watchin fox news, and an alert comes on saying that we're tracking a n.korean ship that may be carrying nukes and that they might have to board it. and if they do so, it's an act of war. and that n.korea broke the UN treaty..

it's happening.

get ready.

WWIII

Offline freeyrmind

"It is said the eskimos have 22 words for snow. Immortal has 23.."

Godsent

Re: FOX News Alert!! War Emminent
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 01:17:09 pm »
jus watchin fox news, and an alert comes on saying that we're tracking a n.korean ship that may be carrying nukes and that they might have to board it. and if they do so, it's an act of war. and that n.korea broke the UN treaty..

it's happening.

get ready.

WWIII

LOL,, World war 3 is a propaganda war. Fox is a 4 star general! :o

Offline Freeski

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 01:17:24 pm »
Freaky...

Meanwhile...

N Korea Insurance Scam Funds Weapons, Enriches Kim -Report
http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20090618-712026.html

DOW JONES NEWSWIRES
North Korea's communist government has orchestrated a global insurance scam to earn hard currency and finance weapons programs, the Washington Post reported Thursday. The secretive regime has collected hundreds of millions of dollars from some of the world's biggest insurance companies on large, suspicious claims for transportation accidents, factory fires, flood damage and other alleged disasters. The payments also fund the lavish lifestyle of Pyongyang's "Dear Leader," Kim Jong-Il, the newspaper said, citing a former U.S. State Department official.

Full story at http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/17/AR2009061703852.html
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline Dewk

• Chase the cat.
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 01:27:05 pm »
BS
I took the red pill. I can handle the truth !!?

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
  • 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB! www.911truth.org
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 01:35:36 pm »

it's happening.

get ready.

WWIII

I seriously doubt it. Probably yet another Psy-Op to (a) desensitize the masses and (b) divert attention from the banker takeover underway.
"Abolish all taxation save that upon land values." -- Henry George

"If our nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill." -- Thomas Edison

http://schalkenbach.org
http://www.monetary.org
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=203330.0

Puff1

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 01:39:54 pm »
Here is a snippet from the article:

The apparent violation raises the question of how the United States and its allies will respond, particularly since the U.N. resolution does not have a lot of teeth to it.

The resolution would not allow the United States to forcibly board the ship. Rather, U.S. military would have to request permission to board -- a request North Korea is unlikely to grant.

North Korea has said that any attempt to board its ships would be viewed as an act of war and promised "100- or 1,000-fold" retaliation if provoked.

If there is cause to pursue the ship, sources told FOX News the U.S. military would instead likely follow the slow-moving vessel until it goes into port to refuel.

At that point, sources said, the U.S. military could request that the host country not provide fuel to the ship.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/18/military-tracking-north-korean-ship-suspected-proliferating-weapons-material/

Offline Dan

• Change? YOU BE THE CHANGE! Don't HOPE others will
    • Wake Up People
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 01:46:57 pm »
Go to FOXNEWS.  There is a link under the picture of the ship that states "North Korea may fire ICBM at Hawaii."  try to bring that page up.  It says the page either doesn't exist or has been removed.  Why then is it still there?  I sense a large amount of Fear Mongering going on here.

Dan
My freedom is more important than your good idea.

When only cops have guns, it's called a "police state". - Claire Wolfe

You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one. -Rush Limbaugh

The militia is the dread of tyrants and the guard of freeme

Offline America2

• Romans 10:9-10 King James Version
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 01:48:24 pm »
Go to FOXNEWS.  There is a link under the picture of the ship that states "North Korea may fire ICBM at Hawaii."  try to bring that page up.  It says the page either doesn't exist or has been removed.  Why then is it still there?  I sense a large amount of Fear Mongering going on here.

Dan

Like Geo said above - nothing but a distraction from the real issues(i.e. bankers stealing from us) at hand.

Didn't Sane say NK is part of the NWO-regime?

Puff1

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 01:49:50 pm »

Dan

Can anyone get that article to come up?  When I clicked on it, I got "You've requested a FOXNews.com page that cannot be found. The page you are looking for may have moved or it may no longer be available. We apologize for the inconvenience."

You may be right.

Offline Dan

• Wake Up People
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 01:50:29 pm »
Like Geo said above - nothing but a distraction from the real issues(i.e. bankers stealing from us) at hand.

Didn't Sane say NK is part of the NWO-regime?

Not sure.  Also, the other two MSM's are saying nothing about this.

Dan

You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one. -Rush Limbaugh

Offline ChristSavage

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2009, 01:51:17 pm »
I seriously doubt it. Probably yet another Psy-Op to (a) desensitize the masses and (b) divert attention from the banker takeover underway.
I also believe that the whole Iran voting "fraud" is also a cover for the takeover in progress.  That's all I've seemingly heard and read in news reports online since the issue of rigged was mentioned in numerous media outlets.  Seemingly in the media, the Iran Election > US economy .  And now with the Audit the Fed bill set to hit the floor of the full House, along with the resurrection of the BlackJack series, and how the date is set for June 22 @ 8:03:20 (why that specific time is listed, I have no idea).  If I remember right, that is the date (June 22), when the days in the Northern Hemisphere begin to get shorter.

Something HUGE will happen eventually, in 1 capacity or another, its just a matter of when.  The clock is ticking, except we don't know how much time is left on the clock before it happens.  We have a time range, but can't pinpoint an exact date ala 9-11-01.  

Dates to watch for when something COULD happen in the near future (Hopefully won't).

June 22 - Summer Solstice
July 4 - Independence Day.  Happens to fall on a Saturday this year.
The time period of NLE 09 (Late July, don't remember the exact dates)
Sept 11 - Only because 9-11-09, which like the spelling of eye, even if u flip the ends, its still 9-11-09.  A very rare day to have...
Sept 24 & 25 - G20 set to come to the US in Pittsburgh, PA.
October - When the supposed Super Flu could be released at its earliest, and the vaccines immediately following.

Like I said, I hope to God I'm wrong on all these, but my gut tells me something will happen on or around 1 of the mentioned dates.  Considering how many things have happened already in the last 6-9 months, who knows now.

Offline America2

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2009, 01:51:36 pm »
Not sure.  Also, the other two MSM's are saying nothing about this.

Dan

All of the MSMs are NWO-runned, but Fox News is THE neocon network.

Offline TheHouseMan

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2009, 01:51:43 pm »
What the RAND corporation wants, the RAND corporation gets. Here comes World War III.

Offline Dan

• Wake Up People
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2009, 01:53:05 pm »
Can anyone get that article to come up?  When I clicked on it, I got "You've requested a FOXNews.com page that cannot be found. The page you are looking for may have moved or it may no longer be available. We apologize for the inconvenience."

You may be right.

On MSNBC

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31423521/ns/world_news-asiapacific/

Dan

Offline Dan

• Wake Up People
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2009, 01:55:09 pm »
Paper: N. Korea may fire missile toward Hawaii
Japanese analysis of intelligence reportedly suggests launch in early July

updated 8:38 a.m. ET, Thurs., June 18, 2009
SEOUL, South Korea - North Korea may fire a long-range ballistic missile toward Hawaii in early July, a Japanese newspaper reported Thursday, as Russia and China urged the regime to return to international disarmament talks on its rogue nuclear program.

The missile, believed to be a Taepodong-2 with a range of up to 4,000 miles, would be launched from North Korea's Dongchang-ni site on the northwestern coast, said the Yomiuri daily, Japan's top-selling newspaper. It cited an analysis by the Japanese Defense Ministry and intelligence gathered by U.S. reconnaissance satellites.

The missile launch could come between July 4 and 8, the paper said.

Story continues below ↓
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
advertisement | your ad here

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While the newspaper speculated the Taepodong-2 could fly over Japan and toward Hawaii, it said the missile would not be able to hit Hawaii's main islands, which are about 4,500 miles from the Korean peninsula.

A spokesman for the Japanese Defense Ministry declined to comment on the report. South Korea's Defense Ministry and the National Intelligence Service — the country's main spy agency — said they could not confirm it.

Tension on the divided Korean peninsula has spiked since the North conducted its second nuclear test on May 25 in defiance of repeated international warnings. The regime declared Saturday it would bolster its nuclear programs and threatened war in protest of U.N. sanctions taken for the nuclear test.

U.S. officials have said the North has been preparing to fire a long-range missile capable of striking the western U.S. In Washington on Tuesday, Gen. James Cartwright, vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said it would take at least three to five years for North Korea to pose a real threat to the U.S. west coast.

President Barack Obama and South Korean President Lee Myung-bak met in Washington on Tuesday for a landmark summit in which they agreed to build a regional and global "strategic alliance" to persuade North Korea to dismantle all its nuclear weapons. Obama declared North Korea a "grave threat" to the world and pledged that the new U.N. sanctions on the communist regime will be aggressively enforced.

In Seoul, Vice Unification Minister Hong Yang-ho told a forum Thursday that the North's moves to strengthen its nuclear programs is "a very dangerous thing that can fundamentally change" the regional security environment. He said the South Korean government is bracing for "all possible scenarios" regarding the nuclear standoff.

Click for related content
N. Korea warns of nuclear war

The independent International Crisis Group think tank, meanwhile, said the North's massive stockpile of chemical weapons is no less serious a threat to the region than its nuclear arsenal.

It said the North is believed to have between 2,500 and 5,000 tons of chemical weapons, including mustard gas, phosgene, blood agents and sarin. These weapons can be delivered with ballistic missiles and long-range artillery and are "sufficient to inflict massive civilian casualties on South Korea."

"If progress is made on rolling back Pyongyang's nuclear ambitions, there could be opportunities to construct a cooperative diplomatic solution for chemical weapons and the suspected biological weapons program," the think tank said in a report released Thursday.

It also called on the U.S. to engage the North in dialogue to defuse the nuclear crisis, saying "diplomacy is the least bad option." The think tank said Washington should be prepared to send a high-level special envoy to Pyongyang to resolve the tension.

In a rare move, leaders of Russia and China used their meetings in Moscow on Wednesday to pressure the North to return to the nuclear talks and expressed "serious concerns" about tension on the Korean peninsula.

The joint appeal appeared to be a signal that Moscow and Beijing are growing impatient with Pyongyang's stubbornness. Northeastern China and Russia's Far East both border North Korea, and Pyongyang's unpredictable actions have raised concern in both countries.

Video

Obama: North Korean threats won't yield security
June 16: President Barack Obama and South Korean President Lee hold a joint news availability in the Rose Garden.
MSNBC

After meetings at the Kremlin, Chinese President Hu Jintao joined Russian President Dmitry Medvedev in urging a peaceful resolution of the Korean standoff and the "swiftest renewal" of the now-frozen talks involving their countries as well as North and South Korea, Japan and the United States.

"Russia and China are ready to foster the lowering of tension in Northeast Asia and call for the continuation of efforts by all sides to resolve disagreements through peaceful means, through dialogue and consultations," their statement said.

The comments — contained in a lengthy statement that discussed other global issues — included no new initiatives, but it appeared to be carefully worded to avoid provoking Pyongyang. In remarks after their meetings, Medvedev made only a brief reference to North Korea, and Hu did not mention it.

South Korea's Lee said Wednesday in Washington that was essential for China and Russia to "actively cooperate" in getting the North to give up its nuclear program, suggesting the North's bombs program may trigger a regional arms race.

"If we acknowledge North Korea possessing nuclear programs, other non-nuclear countries in Northeast Asia would be tempted to possess nuclear weapons and this would not be helpful for stability in Northeast Asia," Lee said in a meeting with former U.S. officials and Korea experts, according to his office

Offline Freeski

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2009, 01:56:47 pm »
North Korea Re-Issues Shipping Ban off East Coast, Asahi Says
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=a5w6D._qjbn8

By Taku Kato

June 18 (Bloomberg) -- North Korea has warned ships not to enter an area off its eastern coast until June 30, the Asahi newspaper reported, a type of restriction that preceded a nuclear test and missile launches last month.

The no-travel zone covers an area 263 kilometers (163 miles) long and as much as 54 kilometers wide, Asahi said, citing Japan’s coast guard, which intercepted a radio broadcast from North Korea. The zone overlaps “considerably” with an area declared off limits by North Korea on June 8, the Asahi reported. It was unclear why the communist state issued the entry restrictions again, the Asahi said.

A similar shipping ban from North Korea off its northeastern shore reported by Japan on May 22 was followed by a nuclear test on May 25 and the firing of six short-range missiles. Japan’s government thinks it’s “undeniable that North Korea may carry out more missile launches,” Chief Cabinet Secretary Takeo Kawamura told reporters yesterday in Tokyo.

To contact the reporter on this story: Taku Kato in Tokyo at [email protected]

Last Updated: June 17, 2009 22:23 EDT
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline TheHouseMan

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2009, 01:58:15 pm »
Article is here: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/18/military-tracking-north-korean-ship-suspected-proliferating-weapons-material/

U.S. Military Tracking North Korean Ship Suspected of Proliferating Missiles, Nukes

The U.S. military is tracking a flagged North Korean ship suspected of proliferating weapons material in violation of a U.N. Security Council resolution passed last Friday, FOX News has learned.

The ship, Kang Nam, left a port in North Korea Wednesday and could be carrying weaponry, missile parts or nuclear materials. The U.S. military has been tracking it since its departure.

"It is believed to be 'of interest,'" a senior U.S. official told FOX News.

This is the first suspected "proliferator" that the U.S. and its allies have tracked from North Korea since the United Nations authorized the world's navies to enforce compliance with a variety of U.N. sanctions aimed at punishing North Korea for its recent nuclear test.

The apparent violation raises the question of how the United States and its allies will respond, particularly since the U.N. resolution does not have a lot of teeth to it.

The resolution would not allow the United States to forcibly board the ship. Rather, U.S. military would have to request permission to board -- a request North Korea is unlikely to grant.

North Korea has said that any attempt to board its ships would be viewed as an act of war and promised "100- or 1,000-fold" retaliation if provoked.

If there is cause to pursue the ship, sources told FOX News the U.S. military would instead likely follow the slow-moving vessel until it goes into port to refuel.

At that point, sources said, the U.S. military could request that the host country not provide fuel to the ship.

The Kang Nam is known to be a ship that has been involved in proliferation activities in the past -- it is "a repeat offender," according to one military source. .

Puff1

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2009, 02:08:49 pm »
Thanks, Dan.  If they're reporting suspicions that a nuke is about to be launched (between July 4th and July 8th) then there will probably be actions to prevent it.  Whether or not the intelligence is accurate is anybody's guess, but we can see that political tensions have been building with N. Korea.

Godsent

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2009, 02:11:16 pm »
On MSNBC

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31423521/ns/world_news-asiapacific/

Dan

Yes it came up for me, It says north Korea may fire missile at Hawaii, it's almost like asking "may I do something?" The answer is: yes you may.  ;D

Offline Dan

• Wake Up People
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2009, 02:12:57 pm »
Yes it came up for me, It says north Korea may fire missile at Hawaii, it's almost like asking "may I do something?" The answer is: yes you may.  ;D

yes, like put in some kind of interception defence system, at best.  Attacking NK becuase of a Japanese report is assanine, yet not unexpected.

Dan

Offline Irobot

• SHOW HOST WANTED!
    • 12160 SOCIAL NETWORK
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2009, 02:15:32 pm »
12160  "Destroying the NWO"
Check out the blogs, videos, and discussions!!
http://12160.info/

RADIO HOST WANTED!!! 
Trolls R People 2

Offline Freeski

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2009, 02:18:35 pm »

Caught red handed, maybe. Lying POS Fox.

Mike Philbin

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2009, 02:19:30 pm »
quit panicking IT'S ONLY FOX NEWS faux nouvelles.

you'd have thought something like this might have made Reuters and AP before now.

;(

Offline Dan

• Wake Up People
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2009, 02:23:34 pm »

you'd have thought something like this might have made Reuters and AP before now.

;(

Don't think anyone here is panicking, just keeping a watchful eye on the events they are reporting.  It only takes one network to get the people in an uproar, and now that MSNBC is reporting it, it won't be long before Hawaii is begging for a pre-emptive strike.

Dan

Offline America2

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2009, 02:24:59 pm »

;(

Also - a few years ago, I read somewhere that 80%+ of Republican Fox News viewers believed Saddam had WMDs and was an imminent threat in the runup to the invasion of Iraq. Some 33% believed WMDs had already been found AFTER the invasion. This is compared to just a mere 50-60% of Republican CNN/MSNBC/CBS/ABC views who believed Iraq had WMDs and were going to nuke the USA soon.

I mean as you can see, it's not so much Fox News has a "conservative" bias, but it has a NEOCON agenda. The other MSM outlets do too, but FNC takes it to a whole new level.

Offline heavyhebrew

• Laughter is the best medicine.
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2009, 02:27:59 pm »
Faux News said it, it must be true.

Remember when some members here postulated that Glenn Beck was on our side because his little snout uttered a few words strung together that sounded like what we say?

Faux News and the other MSM love war, ratings go up, Anderson Cooper gets to wear a vest and be relevant again, CNN can stop using twitter as its main source, etc.
War is good for big corporate media. War hyping? Even more so.
We work jobs we hate to pay for stuff we don't need to impress people we don't like. Am I the crazy one here?

Offline Freeski

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2009, 02:28:18 pm »
Defense secretary orders missile interceptors to Hawaii because of North Korean threat
By Associated Press

http://www.starbulletin.com/news/bulletin/48541777.html

POSTED: 09:06 a.m. HST, Jun 18, 2009

Defense Secretary Robert Gates said he has ordered the U.S. military to take defensive measures should North Korea attempt to fire a ballistic missile toward Hawaii. “I think we are in a good position, should it become necessary, to protect American territory,” Gates told reporters at the Pentagon today.
Gates said he has directed the deployment of missile interceptors to Hawaii and the positioning of a radar system near the islands.
Defense Secretary Robert Gates said he has ordered the U.S. military to take defensive measures should North Korea attempt to fire a ballistic missile toward Hawaii.

“I think we are in a good position, should it become necessary, to protect American territory,” Gates told reporters at the Pentagon today.

Gates said he has directed the deployment of missile interceptors to Hawaii and the positioning of a radar system near the islands

Offline msr

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2009, 02:30:17 pm »
Fox are the same as sky over here in uk. If you ever watch sky sports news(i do not), you will see how much rubbish they speak on there, so that company, loves spreading lies, and they know most people eat it all up.

Mike Philbin

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2009, 02:31:10 pm »
MSNBC isn't reporting it (yet)

But they do have a specific section for MILITARY NEWS

Laughing my arse off, in hysteriaville.

Offline America2

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2009, 02:32:01 pm »
Faux News said it, it must be true.

Remember when some members here postulated that Glenn Beck was on our side because his little snout uttered a few words strung together that sounded like what we say?

Faux News and the other MSM love war, ratings go up, Anderson Cooper gets to wear a vest and be relevant again, CNN can stop using twitter as its main source, etc.
War is good for big corporate media. War hyping? Even more so.

Anderson Cooper is so deceptive b/c he masquerades as someone who is *objective*. I mean to his credit, he HAS been at times calling out both sides of the political spectrum. However - this IS part of his *deception* as he's trying to suck everyone in.

BTW - he comes from the Vanderbilt family(not sure directly, but his family has ties to them, at the very least) - isn't the Vanderbilt family part of the Illuminati?

Offline heavyhebrew

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2009, 02:32:54 pm »
MSNBC isn't reporting it (yet)

But they do have a specific section for MILITARY NEWS

Laughing my arse off, in hysteriaville.

ZOMG THE NK'S ARE COMING! THE NK'S ARE COMING!
We work jobs we hate to pay for stuff we don't need to impress people we don't like. Am I the crazy one here?

independentWV

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2009, 02:38:59 pm »
Analysts: NKorea's chemical arms as grave as nukes

By JAE-SOON CHANG, Associated Press Writer Jae-soon Chang, Associated Press Writer – 2 hrs 54 mins ago

HERE: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090618/ap_on_re_as/as_koreas_nuclear

SEOUL, South Korea – North Korea's massive stockpile of chemical weapons is as threatening as its nuclear program, analysts said Thursday, highlighting an aspect of the secretive regime's pursuit of weapons of mass destruction that is rarely talked about.

Adding to already high tensions in the region, a Japanese report said North Korea may fire its most advanced ballistic missile toward Hawaii around Independence Day — the day when the regime test-fired a long-range missile three years ago, though it failed seconds after liftoff.

A new missile launch — though not expected to reach U.S. territory — would be a brazen slap in the face of the international community, which punished North Korea with new U.N. sanctions for conducting a second nuclear test on May 25 in defiance of a U.N. ban.

North Korea spurned the U.N. Security Council resolution with threats of war and pledges to expand its nuclear bomb-making program.

The missile now being readied in the North is believed to be a Taepodong-2 with a range of up to 4,000 miles (6,500 kilometers), and would be launched from North Korea's Dongchang-ni site on the northwestern coast sometime around July 4, Independence Day in U.S., the Yomiuri newspaper said.

It cited an analysis by Japan's Defense Ministry and intelligence gathered by U.S. reconnaissance satellites.

Pyongyang's missile and nuclear programs are centerpieces of the regime's catalog of weapons of mass destruction.

But the impoverished nation, which has put most of its scarce resources into boosting its military capabilities under its "army-first" policy, also has a large chemical arsenal, as well as capabilities to produce biological weapons.

On Thursday, an international security think tank warned that these weapons are no less serious a threat to the region than the North's nuclear arsenal.

The independent International Crisis Group said the North is believed to have between 2,500 and 5,000 tons of chemical weapons, including mustard gas, phosgene, blood agents and sarin. These weapons can be delivered with ballistic missiles and long-range artillery and are "sufficient to inflict massive civilian casualties on South Korea."

"If progress is made on rolling back Pyongyang's nuclear ambitions, there could be opportunities to construct a cooperative diplomatic solution for chemical weapons and the suspected biological weapons program," the think tank said in a report.

It also called on the U.S. to engage the North in dialogue to defuse the nuclear crisis, saying "diplomacy is the least bad option." It said Washington should be prepared to send a high-level special envoy to Pyongyang to resolve the tension.

South Korea's annual defense report, published early this year, said that in addition to chemical weapons, the North is believed to be capable of producing biological weapons with agents like anthrax and smallpox.

But of immediate concern is Pyongyang's ballistic missile program, which would get a major boost if it is able to fire the Taepodong-2, which was last tested on July 4, 2006. That missile fell into the water about 40 seconds after takeoff.

Disregarding the setback, North Korea conducted its first-ever atomic test blast three months later.

While the Yomiuri speculated the latest Taepodong-2 could fly over Japan and toward Hawaii, it said the missile would not be able to hit Hawaii's main islands, which are about 4,500 miles (7,200 kilometers) from the Korean peninsula.

A spokesman for the Japanese Defense Ministry declined to comment on the report. South Korea's Defense Ministry and the National Intelligence Service — the country's main spy agency — said they could not confirm it.

Key players in the nuclear standoff have been huddling with each other this week to discuss the crisis.

On Tuesday, President Barack Obama and South Korean President Lee Myung-bak met in Washington and agreed to build a regional and global "strategic alliance" to persuade North Korea to dismantle all its nuclear weapons.

In a rare move, leaders of Russia and China used their meetings in Moscow on Wednesday to urge the North to return to nuclear talks and expressed "serious concerns" about tension on the Korean peninsula.

The joint appeal appeared to be a signal that Moscow and Beijing are growing impatient with Pyongyang's stubbornness. Northeastern China and Russia's Far East both border North Korea, and Pyongyang's unpredictable actions have raised concern in both countries.

____

Associated Press writers Shino Yuasa in Tokyo, Hyung-jin Kim and Ji-youn Oh in Seoul and Mike Eckel in Moscow contributed to this report.

Mike Philbin

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2009, 03:20:17 pm »
the really terrible thing about this EXCLUSIVE news item (does that even happen these days) is the already-ninety gung-ho partiot-act-zombie comments.

just like there was when Iraq had WMDs

oh.
my.
lordy.

Offline nedc

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2009, 03:31:26 pm »
BTW - he comes from the Vanderbilt family(not sure directly, but his family has ties to them, at the very least) - isn't the Vanderbilt family part of the Illuminati?

Yes.  Gloria Vanderbilt is his mother.

Offline heavyhebrew

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2009, 11:32:23 pm »
the really terrible thing about this EXCLUSIVE news item (does that even happen these days) is the already-ninety gung-ho partiot-act-zombie comments.

just like there was when Iraq had WMDs

oh.
my.
lordy.

Or like Iran 3 weeks ago.

Offline America2

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2009, 11:35:27 pm »
Or like Iran 3 weeks ago.

So I guess we can suffice to say that Fox News is a mouthpiece for the NEOCON establishment...not the Republican in the oval office.

Offline chrsswtzr

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2009, 11:36:05 pm »

Thank you Geolibertarian.

Please stop panicking over war and nukes. Go back inside your homes, and guard your wallets!

END THE FED, Support H.R. 1207 and S 604!!! Let's JAIL these fcukers!!!

Offline JonTheSavage

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2009, 12:17:15 am »
I've noticed that ALL of them, Faux, whoever, just snuggles up with whoever is in office. They have been promoting Obaaaaaaama pretty regular.

Offline America2

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2009, 12:20:38 am »
Thank you Geolibertarian.

Please stop panicking over war and nukes. Go back inside your homes, and guard your wallets!

END THE FED, Support H.R. 1207 and S 604!!! Let's JAIL these fcukers!!!

So that's what this is all about - pretty much THE TRUE war is against the BANKERS, but TPTB will throw many fearmongering distractions like the Soviet Union for many years, North Korea, just to name a few and make you think THEY'RE the enemy?

Yeah - now I see why JFK and his brother were killed...