Author Topic: Mission Obamished... Almost $100 Billion approved for Middle East Genocides  (Read 8496 times)

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
To cover both wars, Senate passes $91.3B bill
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090522/ap_on_go_co/us_congress_war_funding/print
By ANDREW TAYLOR, Associated Press Writer
Fri May 22, 3:45 am ET

WASHINGTON – The Senate is backing President Barack Obama's efforts to ramp up the war in Afghanistan, granting his request for $91.3 billion for military and diplomatic operations there and in Iraq.

The spending bill, approved on an 86-3 vote Thursday night, goes to congressional negotiators to work out a compromise with a similar measure the House passed. Lawmakers expected to present a bill for Obama's signature next month.

Voting against the measure were Sens. Tom Coburn, R-Okla., Russ Feingold, D-Wis., and Bernie Sanders, I-Vt.

The major difference in what Obama sought and what the Senate granted concerned the $80 million the president wanted for closing the U.S. detention facility at the naval base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. The Senate joined the House in blocking the president's plan for closing the prison until he submits a detailed plan for the disposition of the terror suspects held there.

Obama is sending more than 20,000 additional troops to Afghanistan. For the first time, the annual cost of the war in Afghanistan is projected to exceed the cost of fighting in Iraq.

With support forces, the number of U.S. troops in Afghanistan is expected to be about 68,000 by the end of the year — more than double the size of the U.S. force at the end of 2008.

Among the few cautionary voices during debate over the spending measure came from Sen. Barbara Boxer, D-Calif.

"I want to give this administration ... the resources it needs to successfully end these wars," Boxer said. "I don't support an open-ended commitment of American troops to Afghanistan. And if we do not see measurable progress, we must reconsider our engagement and strategy there."

Debate pretty much fizzled after Democrats retreated and moved to delete from the bill money to close Guantanamo, where about 240 terrorism suspects still are held.

The underlying war-funding measure has gotten relatively little attention, even though it would boost total approved spending for the Iraq and Afghanistan wars above $900 billion.

The Pentagon would receive $73 billion under the legislation, including $4.6 billion to train and equip Afghan and Iraqi security forces; $400 million to train and equip Pakistan's security forces; and $21.9 billion to procure new mine-resistant vehicles, aircraft, weapons and ammunition, among other items.

The House version adds $11.8 billion to Obama's request, including almost $4 billion for new weapons and military equipment such as eight C-17 cargo planes, mine-resistant vehicles, Bradley Fighting Vehicles and Stryker armored vehicles. The House measure also adds $2.2 billion to Obama's request for foreign aid, much of which appears to be designed to get around spending limits for 2010.

The Senate measure contains less for weapons procurement and foreign aid, setting up potentially nettlesome negotiations.

The Senate floor was often empty Thursday as senators wrestled privately over what final add-ons would make it into the bill.

In the end, several amendments were added, including one by Sens. Joe Lieberman, I-Conn., and Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., to block the release under the Freedom of Information Act of government photographs showing the abuse of detainees. The administration is fighting the American Civil Liberties Union in federal court over the release of the photos, and the move was intended to bolster the government's legal position.

Sen. Bob Corker, R-Tenn., won approval of an amendment requiring the president to set forth U.S. objectives in Afghanistan and Pakistan and issue quarterly reports detailing whether those goals were being met.

The Senate bill includes $1.5 billion as cautionary funding to fight a possible flu pandemic, including the current outbreak of H1N1 swine flu.

The bill also contains $350 million for various security programs along the U.S.-Mexico border. But the money would not be awarded to the Pentagon, as Obama requested.

By a 64-30 vote earlier Thursday, the Senate rejected an amendment by Sen. Jim DeMint, R-S.C., to kill a proposed $100 billion line of credit for the IMF to shore up the ability of countries around the globe to cope with financial crises, along with $8 billion for existing commitments.
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline Mr Grinch

And not a dime for closing GITMO. These guys are something else.
The History Of Political Correctness or: Why have things gotten so crazy?

Common sense is not so common.

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
Voltaire

Offline Aerioch

And not another dime to LOAN, FREAKING LOAN AT INTEREST to save domestic auto-makers, and close to 3 million jobs.

Free cash to the world, while our government screws it's own citizens.
Dr. Strangelove: Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

Offline chris jones

The power on high loves O. He is following the script to the letter.
I bet there are those people who beleive that we have made so many enemies we must keep on going, or they will come for us.
As if we are in so deep now we have no alternative. BS....
FT ( the power_) I say, get the troops home, and take care of this country.

We need to make amends, but lets face it, we were deceived, not every citizen in this country wanted to be part of or labeled a genocidal, arrogant, genocidal maniac for profit.

Ask the little people like us in the ME, if they want our troops in their nation, you all know the answer to that one.

These human beings will fight invaders, no matter what the pretext given. Taliban and Bin Laden, bullshite, these human beings would join the mickey mouse club if they gave them guns to defend the homeland and familys. What the FK is wrong with some people-SM's.

The apathy and the illusions of the masses is beyond my reality, what would Joe Smuck do if his family was just slaughtered by invaders, bow to them , kiss their feet, NAH, he'd find a gun, a rock, a knife, or whatever to fight back.
 I'm, so FN sick of their horse shiite. The powers want enemies, they want the wars,the genocide, thats it, they need the people to fight back, why, more war, more labeling, more deceit and control. When in fact their just people defending themselves in any way that they can.
the true terrorists are in their castles on high, laughing at the serfs and patting themselfs on the back.

Offline marra

• THIS IS SPARRRTTAA
With this standard of living, how can you complain.... this kind of thinking surely wouldn't perpetuate any Nazi schemes... surely it wouldn't.
If we simply got together and used our heads, we could have whatever our hearts desired

Offline chris jones

With this standard of living, how can you complain.... this kind of thinking surely wouldn't perpetuate any Nazi schemes... surely it wouldn't.

Hi Marra.

Sorry but I don't understand your pint, would you mind expanding on your post, appreciated.

Offline marra

• THIS IS SPARRRTTAA
My point is that what perpetuates these genocides are people not thinking to judge or question because the state has provided them with so many luxuries that they become blinded and distracted to the real truth.  It's almost like saying governments bribe their citizens into being silent about things
If we simply got together and used our heads, we could have whatever our hearts desired

Offline chris jones

My point is that what perpetuates these genocides are people not thinking to judge or question because the state has provided them with so many luxuries that they become blinded and distracted to the real truth.  It's almost like saying governments bribe their citizens into being silent about things

Hi Marra, I have never received a post on my E-mail, interesting.

Please understand first and foremost that my first concern is for the innocents. I have been in the war and I have seen the suffering and death of the civilians.
 Our leaders have disgraced this country moraly, spiritualy and legaly. Genocide is not humane, it does not fit with that ol song we were raised with, remember, (crown thy good with brotherhood from sea to shining sea"

MY second concern is our freedoms lost along with our hard earned paychecks.

My third is that I detest parasitic lying con men who feed of the ignorence, apathy, illusions  and blind patriotism of the people of this nation.

I have never communicated with you, but thank you for your interest.

CJ

Offline marra

• THIS IS SPARRRTTAA
I detest suffering.  And pain.  My philosophy is pretty simple.

Offline marra

• THIS IS SPARRRTTAA
This was a good post though, we really should all focus on the people who are at war right now.  That is what I meditate on.  The bullet is something sometimes you can't dodge.  The middle east has had a lot of war.  We should be giving to these people.  Not taking from them.  Simple.

Offline 106419WTF

This was a good post though, we really should all focus on the people who are at war right now.  That is what I meditate on.  The bullet is something sometimes you can't dodge.  The middle east has had a lot of war.  We should be giving to these people.  Not taking from them.  Simple.
MIddle-East has always been attacked. Crusade, after crusade, and then they say it's the Muslims who attack all the time.

yeah right

Offline chris jones

Instigating world war. Picking a fight, creating enemys in vast numbers. Genocide and torture does not create good will.

Old time sociopathic religion.

Much the same as  gang wars and turf control, as reference.

The problem remains that the majority of the citizenry have taken their freedoms, lifestyles, goverment, and heritage for granted. Their illusion befits their conscience level and absence of independent thought.
The lie controls, for now.

A benchmark is the Vietnam war, though it was a abomination, a money making venture of the MIC and corporate giants, 3 ,000,000 Vietnamese were slaughtered, and 67,000 of our troopers. It as not untill the Silent Majority could no longer avoid the truth, being their sons coming home in bags that they opened an eye.
Ironicaly by that period of time the masters had gained fortunes and established power over the commoners.

History repeats itself, the problem is that we are much deeper into their controll machine, and they have learned from the Viet war demostrations. They have created a means of controll that goes well beyond the 60's and 70's.

Offline TelepesT

• Genetic Dictator
    • Freedom T
Instigating world war. Picking a fight, creating enemys in vast numbers. Genocide and torture does not create good will.

Old time sociopathic religion.

Much the same as  gang wars and turf control, as reference.

The problem remains that the majority of the citizenry have taken their freedoms, lifestyles, goverment, and heritage for granted. Their illusion befits their conscience level and absence of independent thought.
The lie controls, for now.

A benchmark is the Vietnam war, though it was a abomination, a money making venture of the MIC and corporate giants, 3 ,000,000 Vietnamese were slaughtered, and 67,000 of our troopers. It as not untill the Silent Majority could no longer avoid the truth, being their sons coming home in bags that they opened an eye.
Ironicaly by that period of time the masters had gained fortunes and established power over the commoners.

History repeats itself, the problem is that we are much deeper into their controll machine, and they have learned from the Viet war demostrations. They have created a means of controll that goes well beyond the 60's and 70's.

None of this will change until the people wake up and see that their sons and daughters lives are worht more than the Missions in Iraq and Afghanistan.
THe problem is that they are too stupid now to realize the difference, 80% of the military comes from those folks surviving on less than 30,000 per household.
It is a fact - im sorry if you are stupid too
Ten Foot Lizard Man from Planet Snickle-Snack in the POP-TART sector 
Freedom T
Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.
- Mohandas Gandhi

Offline trailhound

The Senate bill includes $1.5 billion as cautionary funding to fight a possible flu pandemic, including the current outbreak of H1N1 swine flu.

The bill also contains $350 million for various security programs along the U.S.-Mexico border. But the money would not be awarded to the Pentagon, as Obama requested.

By a 64-30 vote earlier Thursday, the Senate rejected an amendment by Sen. Jim DeMint, R-S.C., to kill a proposed $100 billion line of credit for the IMF to shore up the ability of countries around the globe to cope with financial crises, along with $8 billion for existing commitments.

Im completely floored...i work in the ravished industrial sewing industry of the U.S.... The U.S. is being sacrificed on the alter of the NWO...i keep thinking about the phoenix today, and its memorial day. ( cold chill goes up his spine)

"Do not let your hatred of a people incite you to aggression." Qur'an 5:2
At the heart of that Western freedom and democracy is the belief that the individual man, the child of God, is the touchstone of value..." -RFK

Offline wezthebikie

• Ecclesiastes - Chapter 1 Verse 18
    • Aussie 911 Truth
Afghanistan will, most likely, be the springboard for Pakistan.
Western Governments are introducing tyranny on all of us. We must fight back ! The truth is our weapon.

Offline egypt

• Love: A Wish to bestow the fullness of Joyous Life
What is it about Afghanistan?  The world would be a different place if I had budgets like that to work with.

Offline Aerioch

What is it about Afghanistan?  The world would be a different place if I had budgets like that to work with.

Afghanistan has been a target for empires since history has been recorded.  The geographic location, and natural resources are the majority of it's allure.  Don't forget that there is a huge transnational oil/natural gas pipeline project that is going to run across it.

The country's natural resources include gold, silver, copper, zinc, and iron ore in the Southeast; precious and semi-precious stones (such as lapis, emerald, and azure) in the Northeast; and potentially significant petroleum and natural gas reserves in the North. The country also has uranium, coal, chromite, talc, barites, sulfur, lead, and salt.[1][25][26][27] However, these significant mineral and energy resources remain largely untapped, due to the effects of the Soviet invasion and the subsequent civil war. Plans are underway to begin extracting them in the near future.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afghanistan

The Hindu Kush has claimed many military leaders, their armies, and the economies of their nations. Alexander the Great, The British Empire, Russian Empire, Soviet Union, and now the United States.  All prior leaders left Afghanistan broken, bloodied, and with their economic situations in ruins.  Sadly the United States seems to think that we can be the one to finally complete the task.

Offline Aerioch

$100 Billion to fund the Empire while it's citizens lose their homes, their jobs, their savings, their children's debt-free future, and their individual freedoms.

The American Citizens are leeched dry to fund, and fight for the interests of Zionist Israel.

Offline TGRR

• Horrible Bastard

I love this decade.   :)
Every year the Jews roll away the boulder and Jesus comes out. If he sees his shadow, we have six more weeks of Hockey.