Author Topic: 30% of women serving in Iraq are raped  (Read 44671 times)

Offline SpeakUpFightBack

• voxOnox.com
    • voxOnox.com
"To revolt is a natural tendency of life. Even a worm turns against the foot that crushes it. In general, the vitality and relative dignity of an animal can be measured by the intensity of its instinct to revolt." - Mikhail Bakunin

Offline ScipioAfricanus

Re: VIDEO: Female US soldiers raped by.... fellow US Soliers
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2009, 02:01:08 pm »
nothing good is to be expected from mercenaries. if they can kill innocent children in an unjust war, rape of an adult female will be deemed a righteous act.

Offline Monkeypox

• He Loved Big Brother
    • Monkeypox
Re: 30% of women serving in Iraq are raped
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2009, 10:26:50 am »
Sane,

I know that in the MarCor, there is a action called request mast, and in the Navy I think it is called Captain Mast.  It is a system by Military Law in which one can bring forth greivances to the highest levels.  I had had to use such a system myself.  Evidently, there is a breakdown in this system I am unaware of ( I am totally out of the military and nowhere near a base, my preference).  

The womens lobbying groups have most assuredly dropped the ball on this.  I have any idea, aside calling on a Congreesionman to get this addressed.  That, I see is a futile effort as this issue is being quashed from the top , down.

Suggestions?

I wouldn't call on a CongressMAN, I'd call on a CongressWOMAN.

People believe that the military will "protect" them in a time of domestic crisis.  But if the military can't even be counted on to protect the female soldiers amongst them...
War Is Peace - Freedom Is Slavery - Ignorance Is Strength

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."

—Thomas Jefferson

luckee1

« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2009, 10:30:26 am »
Know of any who have any more heart that the congress man our system of government needs and utter overhaul. 

Toss out the pols.  End the wars that we started.  Bring the troops home.

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2009, 11:03:36 am »
I wouldn't call on a CongressMAN, I'd call on a CongressWOMAN.

People believe that the military will "protect" them in a time of domestic crisis.  But if the military can't even be counted on to protect the female soldiers amongst them...

I would watch all 8 hours of the Kay Griggs interview and would see if she had any advice if she can be contacted.
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline jaycee

« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2009, 08:42:46 pm »
Who ever thought that the catholic church and the american military would have so much in common.  Just sweep the abuse under the rug.

Offline rawiron1

« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2009, 09:39:48 am »
It's the low ranking enlisteds that have this problem.  Not too many Colonels or 1st Sargents complaining about rape.

Jason
Jason the Fed

luckee1

« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2009, 12:39:49 pm »
I appreciate all of you who are discussing this issue,
especially Sane, et al for bringing it up
and
Luckee 1 and monkeypox for your personal input.

I felt a need to make my presence known on this thread.
If I did not,
I was beginning to feel a bit voyeuristic.

This subject demonstrates to me that despite the progress made in Women's Rights,
we still have not come very far in remedying the basic physical inequality
between men and women.

IMHO, more effort needs to be put into waking up the male military.

It seems that teaching self defense and how to use weapons is still not enough.

I would welcome hearing more from veterans and military.

One last comment and I will return to silence:

I have always understood that rape and other forms of sexual assault
are motivated by aggression and power issues,
not sexual desire.

If you women veterans think differently,
please enlighten me.

Thanks.
    :'(
The Male Military is awake; they would not have this done to their sisters or mothers.  There had been tons of sexual harassment classes in the military.   

I venture to say that there is no real progress in women's rights.  All these so called rights, actually do is provide loopholes to get around.  The only right that I have seen in the military, is the women get paid the same rate for their rank and time and benefits as the men.

Spot on.  Rape has nothing to do with sexuality, it is an aggression and power issue.  It is a perverse mental pattern and coupled with the elevated aggression found in combat scenarios (and other highly charged adrenaline levels) that lends a tendency to rape and or subdue.  There is the added factor of you have in military the same rate of deviancy one would find in the civilian sector.  Should the punishments for such crimes be harsh enough to act as a deterrent from repeating, that would be the answer.

Offline magnus rawstron

• Auarius Upon Us /Authorities Around Me
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2013, 12:54:49 pm »
WTF do you expect when women join groups of deluded psycho killers?  Presents and courtesy is not on the cards!