Truth Audio Book Selection

Author Topic: Truth Audio Book Selection  (Read 46675 times)

Offline Brocke

• Eleutherophiliac & Drapetomaniac
  • Global Moderator
  • I am not a number, I am a free man!
    • Vimeo page
Truth Audio Book Selection
« on: April 14, 2009, 08:16:45 PM »

Bertrand Russell megapack  [file this under "know thy enemy"]

A Free Man's Worship
Religion and Science
What I Believe
Why I Am Not A Christian

http://audiobookcorner.blogspot.com/2009/04/bertrand-russell-megapack.html

Anthony Burgess - A Clockwork Orange

A modern classic.

http://audiobookcorner.blogspot.com/2009/03/anthony-burgess-clockwork-orange.html

John Perkins - Confessions of an Economic Hitman (A MUST!!! WORLD BANK, IMF INFO)

Perkins, a former chief economist at a Boston strategic-consulting firm, confesses he was an "economic hit man" for 10 years, helping U.S. intelligence agencies and multinationals cajole and blackmail foreign leaders into serving U.S. foreign policy and awarding lucrative contracts to American business.

http://audiobookcorner.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2009-01-20T07%3A52%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=25

Hunter S. Thompson - Songs of the Doomed

Doomed is another compilation of HST's writing. It spans four decades - 1950 to 1990 - with fond memories of Jersey Shore, the assasination of JFK, and his rise as gonzo journalist, almost a sort of prelude to TPH. There is a lot of unpublished material - excerpts from The Rum Diary, Prince Jellyfish, "The Iguana Project", letters and memos to famous people, (my favourite) Via Certified Mail - "intercepted mail from the last time HST moved down the mountain", as well as long lost goodies "Bad Craziness in Palm Beach" (Roxanne Pulitzer trial), interviews from Viet Nam, snippets from The Curse Of Lono and FLLV. The last chapter, the nineties, details his infamous lifestyle bust, trial documents and proceedings. While Doomed did not reach the bestseller list, and Thompson admits he wrote it only to fulfill a two book contract, it is a valuable Thompson reader and is more palatable for the first time HST fan than, say, the crazy quilt that Shark is.

http://audiobookcorner.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2008-12-10T00%3A28%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=25

David McCullough - 1776

Twice winner of the Pulitzer Prize for "Truman" and "John Adams," McCullough returns with the story of the Revolutionary War--a book certain to be another landmark in the literature of American history.

http://audiobookcorner.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2008-11-07T08%3A49%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=25

United States Constitution

This one goes out to my fellow compatriots out there. Includes US Constitution, Bill of Rights, and Declaration of Independence.

Kurt Vonnegut - Armageddon in Retrospect

This is twelve articles that Vonnegut wrote about War and Peace. From a nonfictionpiece about the bombing of Dresden, to stories about shielding our children from violence, it also includes a letter to his family informing them of his capture by the Germans., as well as his last written speech. Read by Rip Torn.

George Orwell - 1984

Orwell's final novel, 1984, is the story of one man's struggle against the ubiquitous, menacing state power ("Big Brother") that tries to dictate nearly every aspect of human life. The novel is a classic in anti-utopian fiction, and a trenchant political satire that remains as relevant today as when it was first published.

Alan Greenspan - The Age of Turbulence [file this under "know thy enemy"]

Greenspan's political memoir, which occupies the first half of the book, is readable, lucid and sometimes a bit thin on the dilemmas of monetary policy. In the book's second half, Greenspan the charmer makes way for Greenspan the technician, and the result is a 250-page essay on globalization. His overviews of Russia, India and China say little that is not familiar to attentive readers of the news. But the last chapter makes a powerful and remarkably self-deprecating point. Readers who

Charles Darwin - Origin of Species [file this under "know thy enemy"]

One of the most famous and influential books of its (or any) time, The Origin of Species is, surprisingly, little read. True enough, most people know what it says---or think they do, at any rate. The first comprehensive statement of the theory of natural selection it does, indeed, provide the basic argument and demonstration of what we think of as Darwinism.

Karl Marx - Wage Labor And Capital [file this under "know thy enemy"]

Wage-Labor and Capital is for all intents and purposes an in-depth economic and scientific observation on how capitalist economy works, why it was exploitative, and ultimately why it would eventually implode from within.

Sun Tzu - The Art Of War [file this under "know thy enemy"]

slightly abridged version of the classic treatise on war. great for learning to deal with ones enemies or as my friend uses it, for drifting off to sleep to. unknown as to who reads it.

Ray Bradbury - Fahrenheit 451

The system was simple, books were for burning, along with the houses in which they were hidden. Guy Montag was a fireman whose job it was to start fires instead of putting them out. His life changes when he secretly keeps a book and becomes a fugative tracked by a robotic killer dog.

Ron Paul - The Revolution: A Manifesto

In THE REVOLUTION,Texas congressman and presidential candidate Ron Paul has exposed the core truths behind everything threatening America, from the real reasons behind the collapse of the dollar and the looming financial crisis, to terrorism and the loss of our precious civil liberties. In this book, Ron Paul provides answers to questions that few even dare to ask.

George Orwell - Animal Farm

Since its publication in 1946, George Orwell's fable of a workers' revolution gone wrong has rivaled Hemingway's The Old Man and the Sea as the Shortest Serious Novel It's OK to Write a Book Report About. (The latter is three pages longer and less fun to read.) Fueled by Orwell's intense disillusionment with Soviet Communism, Animal Farm is a nearly perfect piece of writing, both an engaging story and an allegory that actually works. When the downtrodden beasts of Manor Farm oust their drunken human master and take over management of the land, all are awash in collectivist zeal. Orwell's view of Communism is bleak indeed, but given the history of the Russian people since 1917, his pessimism has an air of prophecy.

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
~Aldous Huxley

He who has a why to live can bear almost any how. - ~Friedrich Nietzsche

lovealexjones

Re: Truth Audio Book Selection
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 08:23:47 PM »
thanks ive not watched the full movie 1984 nor read the book,but i'll try the audiobook.

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 08:27:20 PM »
thanks ive not watched the full movie 1984 nor read he book,but i'll try the audiobook.

The audio book is great, much better than either of the films, definitely listen to it soon! It will give you frigging chills

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
~Aldous Huxley

Offline ChristSavage

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 08:37:58 PM »
Cool, posting here just to remember the thread and those links for future use...

Offline rio

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 10:30:13 PM »
thanks ive not watched the full movie 1984 nor read the book,but i'll try the audiobook.

The book is not very hard to read. For some reason I can't do audio books, I have to read them but I can listen to broadcasts.

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 02:21:23 AM »
The book is not very hard to read. For some reason I can't do audio books, I have to read them but I can listen to broadcasts.

I use audio books for multitasking. I wish I had more time to actually read, I really miss it.

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 04:02:02 PM »

I am half way through listening to this and it is fantastic! It's like a spy novel but REAL. This is a very important piece of the NWO puzzle.

John Perkins - Confessions of an Economic Hitman (A MUST!!! WORLD BANK, IMF INFO)

Perkins, a former chief economist at a Boston strategic-consulting firm, confesses he was an "economic hit man" for 10 years, helping U.S. intelligence agencies and multinationals cajole and blackmail foreign leaders into serving U.S. foreign policy and awarding lucrative contracts to American business.

See first post for link to file.

~Aldous Huxley

lovealexjones

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 04:04:12 PM »
thanks, i'm enjoying 1984, cheers buddy.

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 09:03:12 AM »
The Illuminatus!

Trilogy: The Eye in the Pyramid, The Golden Apple, Leviathan

by Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson

The book that launched a thousand conspiracy websites.

"The biggest sci-fi cult novel to come along since Dune."--The Village Voice.

From the Publisher
Filled with sex and violence--in and out of time and space--the three books of The

Illuminatus are only partly works of the imagination. They tackle all the coverups of our

time--from who really shot the Kennedys to why there's a pyramid on a one-dollar bill.

~Aldous Huxley

Offline liko

• Freedom or Nothing!
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2009, 11:48:39 PM »
thanks Brocke,i'm a audiobook attic.

Offline liko

• Freedom or Nothing!
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2009, 11:50:30 PM »

I am half way through listening to this and it is fantastic! It's like a spy novel but REAL. This is a very important piece of the NWO puzzle.

He has written another book called " A Game as old as Empire". John Perkins

Offline corbettreport

• The Corbett Report
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2009, 11:59:00 PM »
Thanks for supplying the info, Brocke.

Offline revolutionary_suicide

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2009, 09:55:40 PM »
awesome post, Brocke.. i love audiobooks.. ill definitely be checking out the Bertrand Russell, John Perkins, and 1984..
for these are the times that try men's souls

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2009, 01:30:02 AM »
The Forgotten Man: A New History of the Great Depression AudioBook

In The Forgotten Man, Amity Shlaes, one of the nation's most respected economic commentators, offers a striking reinterpretation of the Great Depression. Rejecting the old emphasis on the New Deal, she turns to the neglected and moving stories of individual Americans, and shows how through brave leadership they helped establish the steadfast character we developed as a nation.

Publisher: HarperCollins
Size: 330 MB
Time: 14:33:07
Audio: MPEG Audio Layer 3 24000Hz mono 64Kbps

~Aldous Huxley

Offline voodo0

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2009, 01:35:43 AM »

very true, i read it and now i'm going to listen! Thank you!

Offline SOS3

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2009, 03:08:14 PM »
AMAZING thread
I usually listen to Aj, And Bermas podcast's while at work, nice to be able to add some variety.
Greatly appreciated

Offline AncientChild

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2009, 02:17:13 AM »
 :-* :-* :-*
THANKS MUCH, BROCKE!

Got the Ron Paul and John Perkins, great stuff bro

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2009, 08:08:55 AM »

The 911 Commission Report in mp3 audio format  -  32kbps mono

The National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States (also known as the 9-11 Commission), an independent, bipartisan commission created by congressional legislation was chartered to prepare a full and complete account of the circumstances surrounding the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, including preparedness for and the immediate response to the attacks. The Commission was also mandated to provide recommendations designed to guard against future attacks.

Code: [Select]

http://freeclassicaudiobooks.com/audiobooks/911Report/mp3/911mp3.htm

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2009, 09:38:42 AM »
Propaganda and Control of the Public Mind

Audiobook | MP3 64kbps | 32.9 Mb

Noam Chomsky is one of the world's leading intellectuals, father of modern linguistics, outspoken media and foreign policy critic and tireless activist.

"There's no doubt that one of the major issues of twentieth century history, surely in the US, is corporate propaganda.... Its goal from the beginning, perfectly openly and consciously, was to 'control the public mind,' as they put it. The reason was that the public mind was seen as the greatest threat to the corporations

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2009, 06:25:54 AM »
A great followup to the John Perkins books

Bad Samaritans: The Myth of Free Trade and the Secret History of Capitalism
by Ha-Joon Chang

Size: ~385 MB

Synopsis
“Lucid, deeply informed, and enlivened with striking illustrations, this penetrating study could be entitled ‘Economics in the Real World.’ Chang reveals the yawning gap between standard doctrines concerning economic development and what really has taken place from the origins of the industrial revolution until today. His incisive analysis shows how, and why, prescriptions based on reigning doctrines have caused severe harm, particularly to the most vulnerable and defenseless, and are likely to continue to do so.”—Noam Chomsky

Biography
Ha-Joon Chang has taught at the Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge, since 1990. He has consulted for numerous international organizations, including the U nited Nations, the World Bank, and the Asian Development Bank. He has published eleven books, including Kicking Away the Ladder, winner of the 2003 Myrdal Prize. In 2005, Chang was awarded the Leontief Prize for Advancing the Frontiers of Economic Thought.

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2009, 02:03:32 AM »
James Loewen - Lies My Teacher Told Me: Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong (2003)

Loewen argues what most Americans have understood since childhood, namely that our American History textbooks, are, boring, theme-driven, inaccurate and largely ineffective at imparting the richness of their subject. While the book's title and argument may seem like a leftist gerrymander, they are not. Loewen, a professor of Sociology at the University of Vermont (who spent several years analyzing ten high school American History textbooks totaling more than 8,000 pages), is not out to reverse the traditional cast of heroes and villains in American history. Instead, Loewen advocates an honest and inclusive history that simply reveals events as they actually happened. While this may expose some dark truths about "heroic" people and events in American history, and may cast historical 'villains' in a new light, Loewen does not believe it will cause students to despise their country. On the contrary, he argues that revealing conflicts and problems that our text books ignore or conceal will make American history come alive and will almost certainly enhance students' appreciation for their country. Ironically, while many textbook editors and teachers fear that altering their inaccurate and theme-driven content will cause students to despise their country, they miss the fact that this is precisely what the specious, vapid nature of the textbooks already accomplishes. Some of Loewen's interesting observations are contained below:

COLUMBUS
Columbus was almost certainly not the first European to discover or colonize North America. He tortured and mutilated the native population of Haiti and eventually exterminated it by working the inhabitants to death searching for gold. All of these facts are available in the journals of Columbus and his colleagues.

NATIVE AMERICANS
Prior to the arrival of white settlers, North America was thickly settled with tens of millions of Indian tribes that formed a complex civilization consisting of advanced agricultural techniques (guess where white settlers learned it from), trade, roads, villages, and government. The white settlers wiped out most of these people at first inadvertently by spreading disease, and then deliberately through wars of extermination. History text books often present Indians as sparse, primitive, violent (it was actually white people who scalped Indians), and inevitable victims of progress.

RECONSTRUCTION
For more than one hundred years, history textbooks have characterized post-Civil War Reconstruction as a combination of white corruption and black ineptitude. Few mention that the ultimate cause of Reconstructions failure was the terrorism that some white southerners perpetrated against black people and whites who favored reconstruction. Many of the so called carpetbaggers and scallywags were in fact anti racists who attempted to help rebuild the south along egalitarian lines. And when given even minimal opportunities (most of which were subsequently dismantled by the government), blacks were able to build successful businesses and to win the Kentucky Derby a few times.

LABOR AND SOCIAL CLASSES
High school textbooks never admit that America even has social classes. They treat labor problems as something that happened a long time ago and which the government fixed of its own good will.

PROGRESS
The textbooks also present the United States as the vanguard of social progress while failing to admit that many of the social issues we still strive for such as equality between men and women have already been accomplished by other nations or people in history.

CIVIL RIGHTS
According to American history text books, the government spontaneously decided to give civil rights to blacks and other oppressed minorities, but this decision did not result from a populist struggle that was initially met with state sponsored violence and brutality.

VIETNAM
Similarly U.S. history textbooks argued that the Vietnam War sort of happened and sort of ended. They dont examine why the U.S. got involved in the war and why it stopped fighting. They also overlook the brutality of the war that was waged largely against civilians on whom the United States dropped three times as much bomb tonnage as all theatres of World War II combined including Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

WHY IS HISTORY TAUGHT THIS WAY
Perhaps the most fascinating part of Loewen's book is his examination of why high school history books are permeated with boredom and lies. Surprisingly, Loewen does not blame this phenomenon on the power elite that ultimately controls the publication of these books. Instead, Loewen concludes that a number of damaging, but less insidious processes are at work. For example, since many history teachers dont really know their subject, they are afraid to challenge or teach outside of the textbooks, which become a source of pedagogical authority. Even qualified and highly motivated teachers are often afraid to deviate from the textbook because they believe that failing to paint a rosy picture of America will somehow hurt students. Finally, there is the textbook publishing industry that is understandably motivated to sell books more than it is to tell the truth.

Loewen correctly concludes that when you unmask many of the lies in U.S. History text books, America does not suddenly become odious, and while people like Columbus may become more controversial, they are not transformed into villains. Instead American history is full of conflict that displays the richness and fascination of its history. Concealing and distorting this conflict is sort of like telling a child that his/her parents are perfect. The child will not only get bored with these themes but will quickly learn that they are false. If the child learns that his/her parents made mistakes, then far from hating them, the child will probably appreciate their humanity and learn more from them. History is the same way.

MP3@96 [UNABRIDGED] APPROX 12HOURS

~Aldous Huxley

Offline cold fusion

• Sola Scriptura
    • Mudslinger's Musings
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2010, 04:33:42 PM »
Re:
Columbus was almost certainly not the first European to discover or colonize North America.

One site in Dighton Massachusetts has writing on a rock face that is of Celtic origin, dating to 1000 B.C. These European inscriptions were later identified as Irish Hinge Ogam, a form of Gaelic Keltic writing unknown for centuries and stubbornly undecipherable. There are 800 stone structures scattered around New England, some (radiocarbon) dating to 4000 years old and apparently not constructed by any Amerind culture. 

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2010, 08:13:32 PM »
Something very bizarre, I walked into the library today to take a book back and THIS BOOK was on show as one of their new books, how weird is that? I thought over downloading it last night but decided not to, I am going to as I am sure that was a sign!

Synchronicity happens to me all the time. I usually take it as a sign that I am on the right track.

~Aldous Huxley

EvadingGrid

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2010, 07:33:38 PM »
bump
  -  for latter, I adore books.

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2010, 07:42:18 PM »
bump
  -  for latter, I adore books.

Thx Brocke! Great find! I love them also. Wish I could speed read. I have several on the go at any one time.    ;D
Don't believe me. Look it up yourself!

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2010, 04:58:08 AM »

Rate: 48 kbps
Size: 154 Mb
Format: WMA

Just when you thought every possible conspiracy theory had been exhausted by The X-Files or The Da Vinci Code, along comes The Men Who Stare at Goats. The first line of the book is, "This is a true story." True or not, it is quite astonishing. Author Jon Ronson writes a column about family life for London's Guardian newspaper and has made several acclaimed documentaries. The Men Who Stare at Goats is his bizarre quest into "the most whacked-out corners of George W. Bush's War on Terror," as he puts it. Ronson is inspired when a man who claims to be a former U.S. military psychic spy tells the journalist he has been reactivated following the 9-11 attack. Ronson decides to investigate. His research leads him to the U.S. Army's strange forays into extra-sensory perception and telepathy, which apparently included efforts to kill barnyard animals with nothing more than thought. Ronson meets one ex-Army employee who claims to have killed a goat and his pet hamster by staring at them for prolonged periods of time. Like Ronson's original source, this man also says he has been reactivated for deployment to the Middle East.

Ronson's finely written book strikes a perfect balance between curiosity, incredulity, and humor. His characters are each more bizarre than the last, and Ronson does a wonderful job of depicting the colorful quirks they reveal in their often-comical meetings. Through a charming guile, he manages to elicit many strange and amazing revelations. Ronson meets a general who is frustrated in his frequent attempts to walk through walls. One source says the U.S. military has deployed psychic assassins to the Middle East to hunt down Al Qaeda suspects. Entertaining and disturbing.

~Aldous Huxley

Viper

Re: Truth Audio Book Selection /The Men Who Stare at Goats
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2010, 11:31:16 AM »

Rate: 48 kbps
Size: 154 Mb
Format: WMA

Just when you thought every possible conspiracy theory had been exhausted...

Thanks so much Brocke. :)

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2010, 01:28:22 PM »
Hoodwinked
An Economic Hit Man Reveals Why the World Financial Markets Imploded—and What We Need to Do to Remake Them

Author - John Perkins
Narrator - David Ackroyd
Publisher: Books on Tape
Number of parts: 6 mp3 files; 56 kbps; unabridged
Duration: 7 hours, 18 minutes
ISBN: 9780307702838
Release date: Nov 10, 2009

Synopsis
John Perkins has seen the signs of today's economic meltdown before. The subprime mortgage fiascos, the banking industry collapse, the rising tide of unemployment, the shuttering of small businesses across the landscape are all too familiar symptoms of a far greater disease. In his former life as an economic hit man, he was on the front lines both as an observer and a perpetrator of events, once confined only to the third world, that have now sent the United States—and in fact the entire planet—spiraling toward disaster.

Here, Perkins pulls back the curtain on the real cause of the current global financial meltdown. He shows how we've been hoodwinked by the CEOs who run the corporatocracy—those few corporations that control the vast amounts of capital, land, and resources around the globe—and the politicians they manipulate. These corporate fat cats, Perkins explains, have sold us all on what he calls predatory capitalism, a misguided form of geopolitics and capitalism that encourages a widespread exploitation of the many to benefit a small number of the already very wealthy. Their arrogance, gluttony, and mismanagement have brought us to this perilous edge. The solution is not a "return to normal."

But there is a way out. As Perkins makes clear, we can create a healthy economy that will encourage businesses to act responsibly, not only in the interests of their shareholders and corporate partners (and the lobbyists they have in their pockets), but in the interests of their employees, their customers, the environment, and society at large.

We can create a society that fosters a just, sustainable, and safe world for us andour children. Each one of us makes these choices every day, in ways that are clearly spelled out in this book.

"We hold the power," he says, "if only we recognize it." Hoodwinked is a powerful polemic that shows not only how we arrived at this precarious point in our history but also what we must do to stop the global tailspin.

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2010, 02:11:16 PM »
McCullough, David - The Course of Human Events

Read by the author
Size: 35 MB
Rate: 128 kbps
Length: Approximately 45 minutes

"On May 15th, 2003 David McCullough presented The Course of Human Events as The 2003 Jefferson Lecture in the Humanities in Washington, DC. The Jefferson Lecture is a tribute to McCullough's lifetime investigation of history.

In this short speech, this master historian tracks his fascination with all things historical to his early days in Pittsburgh where he "learned to love history by way of books" in bookshops and at the local library.

McCullough eloquently leads us through the founding fathers' attraction to history, letting us in on his composition of 1776 as well as the Pulitzer Prize winning John Adams. His obvious affection for history is inspiring, because it encompasses the whole reach of the human drama. In McCullough's able hands, history truly "is a larger way of looking at life.""

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2010, 02:13:54 PM »
Naomi Wolf - Give Me Liberty: A Handbook for American Revolutionaries

Author: Naomi Wolf
Type: Audiobook, Unabridged
Time: 10 Hrs, 58 min
Genre: Non-Fiction

Synopsis: From an icon in the contemporary feminist movement and a well-respected political commentator comes this clear, accessible handbook about how to understand and use democracy.

Poster's Note: While the synopsis, title, and author's previous credits don't do much to recommend this book to a wide audience. I would like to note that it is actually quite a good piece of work. It is anti big government, and very pro liberty and Wolf writes as an American, disgusted with both left and right's recent propensity to distort and re-write the intentions of the founders, and the history of our nation as a whole. The more complete recitations here of the founding documents, speeches and actions of historical figures show a pretty well researched conclusion that cast aspersions on all our recent political leaders from Carter to Regean, to Clinton, to Bush, to present day and their attempts to usurp the American vision of freedom for the ends of their administrations.

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2010, 10:15:08 PM »
That's Not in My American History Book

By Thomas Ayres

Publisher: Blackstone Audiobooks 2004-04 | ISBN: 0786185732 | Language: English | Audio CD in MP3 36 kbps | 128 MB

Most people don't know that:
Benjamin Franklin almost killed himself trying to electrocute a turkey; the Wright brothers were not the first to fly an airplane; there was a 14th state that the original 13 wouldn't let join the Union; and that Benedict Arnold helped save the American Revolution. All this and more is revealed in That's Not in My American History Book.

For generations, history classes have reduced the rich, often surprising, facts of the American story into a dry litany of dates, names, and places. Now, That's Not in My American History Book fills in the gaps, supplying the messy details, reclaiming the overlooked heroes, and correcting the facts you thought you knew.

That's Not in My American History Book collects an illuminating treasury of stories edited out of your textbooks. It explains why the Fourth of July isn't really our Independence Day. It dispels the myth of Paul Revere's midnight ride. It reveals 19th century political mudslinging that labeled Andrew Jackson a murderer and his wife a "convicted adulteress." It even unveils the only Vice President ever to compose a #1 pop hit.

With insight, irreverence, and no small amount of wit, That's Not in My American History Book uncovers our unknown past.

~Aldous Huxley

Offline kita

• Action is the ONLY answer!
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2010, 08:04:49 AM »

TONS OF GREAT FREE AUDIO BOOKS

While some of these books aren't read by the greatest readers(volunteers),the books on this site are fantastic!

http://librivox.org/

ONLY answer to God,for God is Good, honest and just.God is the one,we'll have to answer to one day for our actions in the here and now -DO NOT DOUBT IT!

Viper

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2010, 02:45:32 AM »
Some of you may know of William C Cooper or his book "Behold A Pale Horse". It basically goes into more detail of what Gary Bell talks about every week, and if you have the time is a must read.(below is the download link to the 500 page book).

http://rs360.rapidshare.com/files/342119147/Cooper-Behold_a_Pale_Horse-1991.pdf

Below is the 2 hour audio book that I have uploaded for you.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/80359893e9d77764/

Offline Bowtiedaddy

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2010, 06:30:46 AM »
Some (audio)books that changed my life (and Ron Paul's):

Murray N Rothbard - Conceived in Liberty
One of the best and most thorough freedom minded historical books on the American colonies and Revolution I've ever read. It'll take a long time to get through it, but it really shows the reality of the situation, and provides some interesting insight into the liberty movement of the day, as paralleled today (liberty movements being co-opted, historical successes in peaceful non-compliance, etc. . .)

http://mises.org/media.aspx?action=category&ID=188

- - - - -

Murray N Rothbard - The Ethics of Liberty
A very interesting book about Natural Law, and what a completely libertarian society might look like. Entirely theoretical (although based on historical precedent) but is eye opening in many ways.

http://mises.org/media.aspx?action=category&ID=95

- - - - -

Ludwig Von Mises - Human Action
This is THE book that got Ron Paul interested in economics and politics (on the record). It's basically a very complete case for the free market, liberty, and freedom as the most desirable economic and social arrangement, rather than government force, coercion and government granted monopoly. It's an economics book with liberty as the central point. And. . . no, Ludwig Von Mises was not friendly with Rockefeller. They were bitter enemies, I've heard (for obvious reasons- Rockefellers have been recipients of government corporate welfare since the civil war, and were traveling medical quackery salesmen in and out of jail, and highly in debt before then).
http://mises.org/media.aspx?action=category&ID=139

- - - - -

Beyond that: I'd recomend their lectures, speeches and articles. Ron Paul is a Senior Fellow for the Ludwig Von Mises Institute, and Lew Rockwell (someone very close to Ron Paul's career for many years) is it's president. It's anti-NWO from an academic level that infuriates the pro-NWO think-tanks and institutes. It's basically an academic institution solely based on the study of liberty. . . it's history, it's theory, and how to bring it about. It's been great for me to learn from and so I hope other infowarriors will arm themselves with this same knowledge that even Universities aren't willing to decimate.

http://mises.org/media.aspx?action=category&ID=171