Marijuana cuts cancer tumor growth, prevents Alzheimers

Author Topic: Marijuana cuts cancer tumor growth, prevents Alzheimers  (Read 40528 times)

Offline NinjaGaijin

• MYSPACE/DJNINJAGAIJIN
    • SUBTERFUGE SEMINARS MYSPACE
Re: Marijuana cuts cancer tumor growth, prevents Alzheimers
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2010, 08:47:16 AM »
I am considering working on creating some tincture for my mother for her lung/brain cancer - but at the moment just getting her to stop smoking smoke all together so no more pipes and no more cigarettes.

I have heard THC attaches to cells for 36 days and causes cells to grow faster, thereby possibly causing more mutations .. i'm just thinking after my mother has smoked pot her whole life, but more cigarettes, that maybe THC doesn't really help fight lung cancer. But I don't really know.

I'm a heavy smoker myself and I'm doing all I can to give up. I think to start I will have to only smoke mix with damiana herb and other such things - at the moment I mix 60-70% tobacco.

Also for those that think rolling tobacco is better for them, it's really not. Norway study years back showed more cancer from rollies.. they have 30% of smokers in norway, smoke rollies.. I started on tailored cigarettes, and whenver I would scab a rollie off someone, if I smoked them regularly for a few days or even a few hours, I would usually get bronchitis or bad asthma.. but never with tailored. I assumed it was just hotter smoke..

I'd like to continue using THC personally as a tincture to eliminate the element of smoking.. but i'm practically addicted to weed. For me to stop I get cold sweats and restless nights. But I'm wondering if even a tincture would be healthy.

I just gotta stop smoking now my mother has lung cancer.. I don't want to be there in a few years.. and the way my persistant cough has been going the past few years, I really have to hurry. I'm starting to sound emphezemic after 13 years every day smoking most or all day 20-80 bongs, 50-70% tobacco blend through a water pipe.

Not at all healthy. Unfiltered spliff is the least harsh because it smokes the hottest. So while it might burn your lungs more, it will leave less tar as it condenses less quickly on your lungs, since hotter.

Water pipe tastes cooler but leaves more shiz and also water on your lungs. I spend all day hocking up worst sputem.

Very unattractive and getting to be very scary now.
myspace.com/djninjagaijin / toxemiarecords.com / toxemiarecords.999.org

kushfiend

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2010, 09:14:54 AM »
I used to have a vaporizer, but I only used that when I was sick mainly.

I typically smoke only out of water pipes (I have quite a few, including my fav, BIG RASTA lol) but ya i'll always be down to roll one up though, only if I'm smoking with friends though.

I'm really wanting a hooka, but I'm not sure if that's any healthier than water pipes...does anyone know?

Also, I'm curious, does the percolator on a water pipe help filter out some of the grime? 

Viper

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2010, 03:29:55 PM »
I am considering working on creating some tincture for my mother...

Hey NinjaGaijin, i'm a dope fiend too, been off it a wee while now though, and let me tell ya what helps me:
Well just recently i got these educational talks on CD, and i find that learning shit gives you that satisfied feeling too.
What i'm saying is do something constructive, educate yourself each day, choose something to learn and you'll get that same fluffy warmness after studying a little i'm sure.
I'm not joking brother, learning is like having a good smoke, like i was forced to quit cause there's a dry-up here, but each time i'm forced to quit i build a better defence against the urge.
Do something you love and you'll love it that much more each time.

Offline phosphene

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2010, 04:20:16 AM »
http://www.cpmc.org/professionals/research/programs/science/sean.html

Sean D. McAllister, PhD
Email: Mcallis@cpmcri.org

Introduction  |  Publications
Introduction

Our research team is studying the potential of the endocannabinoid system to control cell fate with the goal of developing therapeutic interventions for aggressive cancers. This newly discovered biological system can be regulated by many different classes of cannabinoid compounds that work through specific cellular receptors. The cloned cannabinoid receptors have been termed cannabinoid 1 (CB1) and (CB2).

∆9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), a mixed CB1 and CB2 receptor agonist, is the primary active constituent of Cannabis sativa and is currently being used in a clinical trial for the treatment of aggressive recurrent glioblastoma multiforme (GBM). Cannabinoids are also being used in clinical trials for purposes unrelated to their direct anticancer activity. The compounds have been reported to be well tolerated during chronic oral and systemic administration. In addition to Δ9-THC, cannabidiol (CBD), cannabinol (CBN) and cannabigerol (CBG) are also present in reasonable quantities in Cannabis. CBN has low affinity for CB1 and CB2 receptors, whereas the non-psychotropic cannabinoids, CBD and CBG, have negligible affinity for the cloned receptors. We have determined that these additional cannabinoids are also effective and inhibiting aggressive cancers. Importantly, we have discovered in vitro that a synergistic increase in the antiproliferative and apoptotic activity of cannabinoids can be produced by combining specific ratios of CB1 and CB2 receptors agonists with non-psychotropic cannabinoids.

We are currently determining the molecular mechanism that may explain the synergistic increase in anticancer activity that is observed with the combination treatments. We are also studying whether this combination strategy will lead to greater antitumor activity in vivo.

In addition to the combination therapy project, we are working in collaboration with Dr. Pierre Desprez to develop novel inhibitors of Id-1 using cannabinoid compounds. Id-1 is a helix-loop-helix protein that acts as an inhibitor of basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors that control cell differentiation, development and carcinogenesis. Past research of Id-1 expression in normal and cancerous breast cells, as well as in mouse mammary glands and in human breast cancer biopsies, demonstrated that increased Id-1 expression was associated with a proliferative and invasive phenotype. Specifically, it was found that Id-1 was constitutively expressed at a high level in aggressive breast cancer cells and human biopsies, and that aggressiveness was reverted in vitro and in vivo when Id-1 expression was targeted using antisense technology. Importantly, we have recently discovered that CBD, a nontoxic cannabinoid that lacks psychoactivity, can inhibit Id-1 gene expression in metastatic breast cancer cells and consequently their aggressive phenotype. The down-regulation of expression was the result of the inhibition of the endogenous Id-1 promoter and corresponding mRNA and protein levels. CBD and compounds based off of its structure can therefore potentially be used as therapeutic agents. CBD also inhibits breast cancer metastasis in vivo.

Based off of our recent findings, we are currently involved in 1) developing novel CBD analogs for the treat of aggressive breast cancers 2) discovering the detailed mechanisms through which cannabinoid compounds regulate Id-1 expression.

Publications

Click to see List of publications by Sean D. McAllister, PhD in PubMed.

Representative publications include:
McAllister, S.D. , Christian, R.T., Horowitz, M.P., Garcia, A. and Desprez. P (2007). Cannabidiol as a novel inhibitor of Id-1 gene expression in aggressive breast cancer cells. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics 6 (11): 2921-2927, November 1, 2007

McAllister, S.D., Chan, C., Taft, R.J., Luu, T., Abood, M.E., Moore, D.H., Aldape, K., Yount, G. (2005) Cannabinoids selectively inhibit proliferation and induce death of cultured human glioblastoma multiforme cells. Journal of Neuro-Oncology (74):31-40

McAllister, S.D. and Abood, M.E. (2005) Endocannabinoids and intracellular signalling. In Endocannabinoids: The Brain and Bodyís Marijuana and Beyond. Ed: Onaivi, E. Taylor and Francis Books, New Fetter Lane, London.

McAllister, S.D., Hurst, D.P., Barnett-Norris, J., Lynch, D., Reggio, P.H., and Abood, M.E. (2004) Structural mimicry in class A GPCR rotamer toggle switches: the importance of the F3.36(201)/W6.48(357) interaction in cannabinoid CB1 receptor activation. Journal of Biological Chemistry Nov 12;279(46):48024-37

McAllister, S.D., Rizvi G., Hurst, D.P., Barnett-Norris, J., Lynch, D., Reggio, P.H., Abood, M.E. (2003) An Aromatic Microdomain at the Cannabinoid CB1 Receptor Constitutes an Agonist/Inverse Agonist Binding Region. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. Nov 20; 46(24): 5139-52.

McAllister, S.D. and Glass, M. (2002) CB1 and CB2 receptor-mediated signaling: a focus on endocannabinoids. In Endocannabinoids in the Third Millennium: From Chemistry to Medicine. Prostaglandins, Leukotrienes & Essential Fatty Acids. 66(2-3): 161-71

Glass, M. and McAllister, S.D. (2002) Cannabinoid mediated signal transduction. In The Biology of Marijuana: From Gene to Behavior. Ed: Onaivi, E. Harwood Academic Publishers, Reading, UK.
"A strange game. The only winning move is not to play."--Joshua

Offline phosphene

« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2010, 04:25:21 AM »
I am considering working on creating some tincture for my mother for her lung/brain cancer - but at the moment just getting her to stop smoking smoke all together so no more pipes and no more cigarettes.

I have heard THC attaches to cells for 36 days and causes cells to grow faster, thereby possibly causing more mutations .. i'm just thinking after my mother has smoked pot her whole life, but more cigarettes, that maybe THC doesn't really help fight lung cancer. But I don't really know.

I'm a heavy smoker myself and I'm doing all I can to give up. I think to start I will have to only smoke mix with damiana herb and other such things - at the moment I mix 60-70% tobacco.

Also for those that think rolling tobacco is better for them, it's really not. Norway study years back showed more cancer from rollies.. they have 30% of smokers in norway, smoke rollies.. I started on tailored cigarettes, and whenver I would scab a rollie off someone, if I smoked them regularly for a few days or even a few hours, I would usually get bronchitis or bad asthma.. but never with tailored. I assumed it was just hotter smoke..

I'd like to continue using THC personally as a tincture to eliminate the element of smoking.. but i'm practically addicted to weed. For me to stop I get cold sweats and restless nights. But I'm wondering if even a tincture would be healthy.

I just gotta stop smoking now my mother has lung cancer.. I don't want to be there in a few years.. and the way my persistant cough has been going the past few years, I really have to hurry. I'm starting to sound emphezemic after 13 years every day smoking most or all day 20-80 bongs, 50-70% tobacco blend through a water pipe.

Not at all healthy. Unfiltered spliff is the least harsh because it smokes the hottest. So while it might burn your lungs more, it will leave less tar as it condenses less quickly on your lungs, since hotter.

Water pipe tastes cooler but leaves more shiz and also water on your lungs. I spend all day hocking up worst sputem.

Very unattractive and getting to be very scary now.

a water bong is gonna be the unhealthiest to smoke out of because of all the mold inside. a pipe is 2nd unhealthiest because you are essentially huffing butane fuel when you light it. u only light a joint once. A vaporizer/tinctures/edibles are healthiest.

http://www.counterpunch.org/gardner07022005.html
Study: Smoking Marijuana Does Not Cause Lung Cancer

By FRED GARDNER

Marijuana smoking -"even heavy longterm use"- does not cause cancer of the lung, upper airwaves, or esophagus, Donald Tashkin reported at this year's meeting of the International Cannabinoid Research Society. Coming from Tashkin, this conclusion had extra significance for the assembled drug-company and university-based scientists (most of whom get funding from the U.S. National Institute on Drug Abuse). Over the years, Tashkin's lab at UCLA has produced irrefutable evidence of the damage that marijuana smoke wreaks on bronchial tissue. With NIDA's support, Tashkin and colleagues have identified the potent carcinogens in marijuana smoke, biopsied and made photomicrographs of pre-malignant cells, and studied the molecular changes occurring within them. It is Tashkin's research that the Drug Czar's office cites in ads linking marijuana to lung cancer. Tashkin himself has long believed in a causal relationship, despite a study in which Stephen Sidney examined the files of 64,000 Kaiser patients and found that marijuana users didn't develop lung cancer at a higher rate or die earlier than non-users. Of five smaller studies on the question, only two -involving a total of about 300 patients- concluded that marijuana smoking causes lung cancer. Tashkin decided to settle the question by conducting a large, prospectively designed, population-based, case-controlled study. "Our major hypothesis," he told the ICRS, "was that heavy, longterm use of marijuana will increase the risk of lung and upper-airwaves cancers."

The Los Angeles County Cancer Surveillance program provided Tashkin's team with the names of 1,209 L.A. residents aged 59 or younger with cancer (611 lung, 403 oral/pharyngeal, 90 laryngeal, 108 esophageal). Interviewers collected extensive lifetime histories of marijuana, tobacco, alcohol and other drug use, and data on diet, occupational exposures, family history of cancer, and various "socio-demographic factors." Exposure to marijuana was measured in joint years (joints per day x 365). Controls were found based on age, gender and neighborhood. Among them, 46% had never used marijuana, 31% had used less than one joint year, 12% had used 10-30 j-yrs, 2% had used 30-60 j-yrs, and 3% had used for more than 60 j-yrs. Tashkin controlled for tobacco use and calculated the relative risk of marijuana use resulting in lung and upper airwaves cancers. All the odds ratios turned out to be less than one (one being equal to the control group's chances)! Compared with subjects who had used less than one joint year, the estimated odds ratios for lung cancer were .78; for 1-10 j-yrs, .74; for 10-30 j-yrs, .85 for 30-60 j-yrs; and 0.81 for more than 60 j-yrs. The estimated odds ratios for oral/pharyngeal cancers were 0.92 for 1-10 j-yrs; 0.89 for 10-30 j-yrs; 0.81 for 30-60 j-yrs; and 1.0 for more than 60 j-yrs. "Similar, though less precise results were obtained for the other cancer sites," Tashkin reported. "We found absolutely no suggestion of a dose response." The data on tobacco use, as expected, revealed "a very potent effect and a clear dose-response relationship -a 21-fold greater risk of developing lung cancer if you smoke more than two packs a day." Similarly high odds obtained for oral/pharyngeal cancer, laryngeal cancer and esophageal cancer. "So, in summary" Tashkin concluded, "we failed to observe a positive association of marijuana use and other potential confounders."

There was time for only one question, said the moderator, and San Francisco oncologist Donald Abrams, M.D., was already at the microphone: "You don't see any positive correlation, but in at least one category [marijuana-only smokers and lung cancer], it almost looked like there was a negative correlation, i.e., a protective effect. Could you comment on that?"

"Yes," said Tashkin. "The odds ratios are less than one almost consistently, and in one category that relationship was significant, but I think that it would be difficult to extract from these data the conclusion that marijuana is protective against lung cancer. But that is not an unreasonable hypothesis."

Abrams had results of his own to report at the ICRS meeting. He and his colleagues at San Francisco General Hospital had conducted a randomized, placebo-controlled study involving 50 patients with HIV-related peripheral neuropathy. Over the course of five days, patients recorded their pain levels in a diary after smoking either NIDA-supplied marijuana cigarettes or cigarettes from which the THC had been extracted. About 25% didn't know or guessed wrong as to whether they were smoking the placebos, which suggests that the blinding worked. Abrams requested that his results not be described in detail prior to publication in a peer-reviewed medical journal, but we can generalize: they exceeded expectations, and show marijuana providing pain relief comparable to Gabapentin, the most widely used treatment for a condition that afflicts some 30% of patients with HIV.

To a questioner who bemoaned the difficulty of "separating the high from the clinical benefits," Abrams replied: "I'm an oncologist as well as an AIDS doctor and I don't think that a drug that creates euphoria in patients with terminal diseases is having an adverse effect." His study was funded by the University of California's Center for Medicinal Cannabis Research.

The 15th annual meeting of the ICRS was held at the Clearwater, Florida, Hilton, June 24-27. Almost 300 scientists attended. R. Stephen Ellis, MD, of San Francisco, was the sole clinician from California. Los Angeles Farmacy operator Mike Ommaha and therapist/cultivator Pat Humphrey showed up to audit the proceedings... Some of the younger European scientists expressed consternation over the recent U.S. Supreme Court ruling and the vote in Congress re-enforcing the cannabis prohibition. "How can they dispute that it has medical effect?" an investigator working in Germany asked us earnestly. She had come to give a talk on "the role of different neuronal populations in the pharmacological actions of delta-9 THC." For most ICRS members, the holy grail is a legal synthetic drug that exerts the medicinal effects of the prohibited herb. To this end they study the mechanism of action by which the body's own cannabinoids are assembled, function, and get broken down. A drug that encourages production or delays dissolution, they figure, might achieve the desired effect without being subject to "abuse..." News on the scientific front included the likely identification of a third cannabinoid receptor expressed in tissues of the lung, brain, kidney, spleen and smaller branches of the mesenteric artery. Investigators from GlaxoSmithKline and AstraZeneca both reported finding the new receptor but had different versions of its pharmacology. It may have a role in regulating blood pressure.

Several talks and posters described the safety and efficacy of Sativex, G.W. Pharmaceuticals' whole-plant extract containing high levels of THC and CBD (cannabidiol) formulated to spray in the mouth. G.W. director Geoffrey Guy seemed upbeat, despite the drubbing his company's stock took this spring when UK regulators withheld permission to market Sativex pending another clinical trial. Canada recently granted approval for doctors to prescribe Sativex, and five sales reps from Bayer (to whom G.W. sold the Canadian marketing rights) are promoting it to neurologists. Sativex was approved for the treatment of neuropathic pain in multiple sclerosis, but can be prescribed for other purposes as doctors see fit.

A more detailed report on the ICRS meeting will appear in the upcoming issue of O'Shaughnessy's, a journal put out by California's small but growing group of pro-cannabis doctors. To get on the mailing list, send a contribution of any amount to the CCRMG (California Cannabis Research Medical Group) at p.o. box 9143, Berkeley, CA 94709. It's a 501c3 non-profit and your correspondent's main source of income.

Meanwhile, Back in San Francisco...

The California contingent was en route to the ICRS meeting when Marian Fry, M.D. and her husband, attorney Dale Schafer, were arrested on federal charges of conspiring to provide marijuana to a patient. On the same day, three San Francisco cannabis clubs were raided by the DEA and 19 people -all Asians and a few Latinos- charged with conspiracy to cultivate and distribute marijuana. Affidavits allege that they grew cannabis in rented houses in S.F., the East Bay and the Peninsula for sale to dispensaries and on the black market. Three men were charged with intent to sell ecstasy. (An undercover agent allegedly had purchased 1,000 tabs from a man named Enrique Chan. During the raids on 26 locations, a total of 50 tabs were found on one individual.) The two alleged ringleaders, Richard Wang and Vincent Wan, were charged with money laundering. Defense lawyers say the alleged money laundering consisted of using dispensary proceeds to underwrite the grow ops. At a July 1 detention hearing, bail for Wang was set at $2 million. Wan has not yet been apprehended or turned himself in.

Former district attorney Terence Hallinan is representing Sergio Alvarez, who hired him several months ago after police raided a house in the Sunset district where Alvarez was allegedly cultivating marijuana. "I didn't know at the time that that would become part of a conspiracy case," Hallinan said after the detention hearing. Alvarez's bail was set at $500,000; his working-class parents are putting up their modest Sunnyvale home as surety. Hallinan says that every cannabis dispensary has links to a network of growers, and that the decision to take down these three was an attempt to exploit anti-Asian sentiment. "They asked themselves, 'Who will we start with now that we've been given permission [by the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling in the Raich case]? Let's go after the Chinese!' San Francisco has more than a hundred-year history of anti-Chinese attitudes and policies." Contemporary resentments towards Asians in San Francisco center around their apparent economic successes. It's an impossibly expensive housing market, and one occasionally hears non-Asians say, with mixed admiration and envy, things like: "How can they arrive from Hong Kong in 1995 and buy a house in the Sunset in 1996?" The answer is: by pooling resources (conspiring) with friends and family to make the down payment.

The Inner Sunset

I used to have the real estate knack
But all that I gaineth, I giveth back
Only to wind up with you in this cozy
Old shack in the Inner Sunset years

Obviously I did everything wrong
Except one or two that strung me along
The road to the club called Chez Nancy Wong
A shack in the Inner Sunset years

Where there's noodles at midnight
If you are in need of a treat
Where the Judah car makes an 'N'
'n careens down the street

I still believe that it's all within reach
A big enough place between here and the beach
And from each and according to each
A shack in the sunset in the sunset years

The blood orange sunset years
The cool gray sunset years

Fred Gardner can be reached at journal@ccrmg.org
"A strange game. The only winning move is not to play."--Joshua

Offline NinjaGaijin

• MYSPACE/DJNINJAGAIJIN
    • SUBTERFUGE SEMINARS MYSPACE
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2010, 09:30:38 AM »
Yes I know how bad the bhong is .. :( I do hope to get rid of it soon enough. For the meantime, i'm cutting down to 1/2 tobacco, 1/4 damiana or clove, 1/4 marijuana for my own smoking.. will cut to 1/3 each probably soon to get the tobacco further down. I'm thinking to either put some parsley, rose cigarette or similar in there to eventually get rid of the cigarettes.. then I can move onto focusing on cutting down the billies/mary jane.

So what do you think would be the best for cancer treatment? It seems to be a tincture directly applied or cookies ingested (or butter) would be best way
myspace.com/djninjagaijin / toxemiarecords.com / toxemiarecords.999.org

independentWV

« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2010, 08:49:05 PM »
Yes I know how bad the bhong is .. :( I do hope to get rid of it soon enough. For the meantime, i'm cutting down to 1/2 tobacco, 1/4 damiana or clove, 1/4 marijuana for my own smoking.. will cut to 1/3 each probably soon to get the tobacco further down. I'm thinking to either put some parsley, rose cigarette or similar in there to eventually get rid of the cigarettes.. then I can move onto focusing on cutting down the billies/mary jane.

So what do you think would be the best for cancer treatment? It seems to be a tincture directly applied or cookies ingested (or butter) would be best way

These herbs can be made into a stop smoking tea: Lemon grass - 3 parts, dandelion root - 3 parts, raspberry - 2 parts, red clover - 2 parts, alfalfa - 2 parts, peppermint - 2 parts, mullein leaf - 2 parts, valerian root - 1 part and catnip - 1 part. Can add mary jane and damiana to this mix. Often add Lobelia leaves - 2 parts.

Simmer dandelion and valerian in distilled water for 10 minutes, then pour into pot containing other herbs and steep for 15 minutes. Use about 1 teaspoon of root and 1 tablespoon of leaves and flowers per cup. Drink one cup several times daily or as needed for cravings.

My prayers for your mother!

Offline Shroom!

« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2010, 11:54:00 AM »
There has never been ONE recorded death from ganja, ever. It helps many physical ailmlents. I can't comment on it's anti-cancer benefits but I definitely think some more research needs to be done...by LEGIT companies.

Offline unseen

« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2010, 04:23:01 AM »
Yea, one recorded death and it wasn't only cannabis in his system if I remember correct. The vaporizer is the way to go.

Offline Shroom!

« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2010, 06:23:57 PM »
Vaporisers are brilliant, yeah.

Offline No2NWO

• "It's Just A Ride" ~ BH
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2011, 08:01:33 PM »
Yeah, so far as fighting Cancer would be difficult to prove. However, it's ability to tame nausea in cancer patients is well documented and a well nourished patient has a better immune system any day of the week. I'd also extend myself in touting it's effects on anxiety, depression, asthma and much, much more. I hope to see AJ tone down his "pot-head hater" rhetoric one of these days. It's just an herb and if used correctly has many useful purposes. It has no place next to the man made synthetic drugs it's been "shotgun wedding" married to. I've been smoking for over 25 years and have never harmed anyone or been in need of a doctor for any reason. I prefer a vaporizer, edibles or tinctures these days, but they're impossible to find in most of the United States.
"BEAT THEM BY NEVER JOINING THEM" ~ No2NWO
Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions.

Offline Brocke

• Eleutherophiliac & Drapetomaniac
  • Global Moderator
  • I am not a number, I am a free man!
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2011, 06:57:40 PM »
Pot 'cured' brain cancer: Toddler Cash Hyde's father gave him cannabis oil to treat tumour

By Helen Davidson
May 05, 2011 9:43AM

Parents told boy wouldn't survive cancer
    Father secretly administered cannabis oil
    Boy gets through chemo, doctors "amazed"
    Scroll down for amazing video of boy's story

A desperate US father gave his son cannabis oil to ease the pain of a life-threatening tumour, and now credits the drug with helping save his son's life, reports the Daily Mail.

Shortly before his second birthday, Cash Hyde was diagnosed with a serious brain tumour.

For six weeks Cash was regularly misdiagnosed with glandular fever, but looking at his ill son, his father Mike Hyde knew it was worse.

"It feels like he's dying in my arms," said Mr Hyde. "We need to take him somewhere else."

Doctors did a CAT scan and found a 4.5cm tumour wrapped around Cash's optic nerve.

They were able to remove just ten per cent of the growth in surgery and the toddler had to undergo severe chemotherapy to reduce the rest of it.

Cash's terrified parents, Mike and Kalli from Missoula, Montana, were repeatedly told their son would probably die.

The treatment had drastic side effects on Cash, including seizures and a blood infection, and left him so weak he could not lift his head.

Mr Hyde said his son had no will to eat for months, and was too sick to eat solid foods for 40 days.

As he watched his son dying before his eyes, the desperate father decided to look for another solution - medical marijuana.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/world/pot-cured-brain-cancer-toddler-cash-hydes-father-gave-him-cannabis-oil-to-treat-tumour/story-e6frfkz0-1226050296628#ixzz1LcCANBr8

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
~Aldous Huxley

He who has a why to live can bear almost any how. - ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Kilika

• Thank you Jesus!
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2011, 07:21:19 PM »
Yeah, so far as fighting Cancer would be difficult to prove. However, it's ability to tame nausea in cancer patients is well documented and a well nourished patient has a better immune system any day of the week. I'd also extend myself in touting it's effects on anxiety, depression, asthma and much, much more. I hope to see AJ tone down his "pot-head hater" rhetoric one of these days. It's just an herb and if used correctly has many useful purposes. It has no place next to the man made synthetic drugs it's been "shotgun wedding" married to. I've been smoking for over 25 years and have never harmed anyone or been in need of a doctor for any reason. I prefer a vaporizer, edibles or tinctures these days, but they're impossible to find in most of the United States.

Not in medical marijuna states, like here in Arizona.
"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."
1 Timothy 6:10 (KJB)

Offline sentinelscout

« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2011, 09:32:28 AM »
I would like to remind people not to smoke weed out of aluminum foil.

Buy a proper water bong/pipe, or just roll it in leaf.

I believe the best way is water bong, it cools the smoke down some.

I hope the drug is decriminalized it would make a great incense / cent if it was cheap enough to burn like that.
Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies.

Offline Freeski

« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2011, 10:50:35 PM »
I would like to remind people not to smoke weed out of aluminum foil.

Buy a proper water bong/pipe, or just roll it in leaf.

I believe the best way is water bong, it cools the smoke down some.

I hope the drug is decriminalized it would make a great incense / cent if it was cheap enough to burn like that.

Vote Ron Paul!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9n4nwxgaQg

That man is a hero!
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline sentinelscout

« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2011, 11:32:09 AM »
Just a tip, you don't want to smoke weed out of aluminum pipes/aluminum foil /tins/ etc.... (its a common practice to also use aluminum foil as a mesh for pipes)....
Aluminum = Alzheimer's
Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies.

Offline typoonblade

« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2012, 09:49:04 PM »
i will be visiting my buddy in NY and we plan on smoking cannabis when we drive up to Canada. does anyone know a place where they sell them near the Montreal or Ottawa area?

also, is there such thing as organic cannabis? i dont want to smoke it if it has been treated with pesticides or herbicides. this really worries me.

Offline OrganicObiwan

« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2013, 05:45:14 PM »
As a person with Muscular Dystrophy i can say without a doubt MMJ has given me some of my life back. Its relieved muscle spasms and cramping as well as helped me gain some weight. I was on morphine for a decade and it wrecked my body pretty bad. I have nothing bad to say about MMJ period. I get asked how can i stand walking around stoned all day and all i can say is that have you ever tried morphine or seen what it does in long term uses? Besides the MMJ keeps me from strangling people like you. Less anxiety which is a huge deal, i dealt with stress so much better.
 Most think if you use mmj your just gonna lay around eating cheetos all day. So untrue. I grow my own all organically (legally of coarse..ehh state wise at least). Working in my grow room has taught me to be a better gardener outdoors which my tomatoes are amazing now. I recycle more because i compost and have a worm farm. And just working with plants to give me great pleasure and relief mentally and physically. Gardening can be a healing process also.

I love tinctures and bubble hash. I use a vaporizer. I also make my own butter, candies etc etc. I truly believe some of the oils like the rick simpson oil can help fight cancer.

Offline No2NWO

Offline Juntawatch

• "This ain't Rock-n'-Roll; † ††This is Genocide."
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2013, 01:00:06 AM »

Are there any US States where it's legal to cultivate your own?
Reading a post on here seems to infer there maybe such places!

"The Dog has returned to its own vomit, and the sow that was bathed to rolling in the mire."
2 Peter, 2:2.

'The Intellectual, the Plebitian & the Proletariat could be treated; just as wasps are treated.'
- Sanctimonious III. 1st Century.

Offline No2NWO

« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2013, 04:56:35 PM »
Are there any US States where it's legal to cultivate your own?
Reading a post on here seems to infer there maybe such places!

Here's a link that will help to answer your question:

http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000881

Offline No2NWO

« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2013, 05:30:43 PM »
I'm on Granny Storm Crow's mailing list and she sends me an updated list every year. It's packed with more useful information than one could ever imagine.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 10:49:31 -0800
Subject: 2013 Granny Storm Crow's MMJ List
To: stormcrow <stormcrow@greenpassion.org>

Here is your copy of the 2013 List. It is filled with hundreds of new
studies and articles for you to use! With two states legalizing
cannabis, and others considering it, the time is right for you to
share the List with everyone you think would benefit from the
information! It is only by educating people with the medical facts,
that we will reach our goal-  of full federal legalization!

Unlike the prohibitionists, we have the facts on our side! Cannabis
heals, and now, you have what you need to prove it to the world!

Granny

Here is a list of some helpful definitions to go with the List:
Grannys List January 2013 - A few definitions + Intros.pdf (132Kb) (Adobe Acrobat is required)
http://www.michiganmedicalmarijuanaclub.org/Grannys%20List%20January%202013%20-%20A%20few%20definitions%20+%20Intros.pdf

Here is the Index for Granny's list and some other helpful Info:
Grannys List January 2013 - THE INDEX.pdf (120Kb) (Adobe Acrobat is required)
http://www.michiganmedicalmarijuanaclub.org/Grannys%20List%20January%202013%20-%20THE%20INDEX%20for%20Jan%202013%20List.pdf

Granny Storm Crow's MMJ Reference List- January 2013 (12Mb) (Adobe Acrobat is required)
http://www.michiganmedicalmarijuanaclub.org/Grannys%20List%20January%202013.pdf

Offline No2NWO

« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2013, 08:45:28 PM »
Here's another life long lesson of mine:

Pain reliever: When I was about 8 or 9 years old, my friends mom was growing marijuana in their back yard. Just one or two plants. What I was told is that it was an old Hispanic therapudic treatment to add some marijuana leaves into some simple rubbing alcohol and her husband was a hard working construction worker. That always remained in the back of my mind (not sure weather to believe it or not). I worked construction for many years later in my life but never used this info for my benefit, I only smoked it (haha) which worked in it's own rite. Later, after growing one small/failed batch of my own (years ago), I took the (pretty potent) cuttings and added them to a regular store bought bottle of rubbing alcohol. Every time I have aching muscles or even a cut that needs disinfecting, I sparingly use some of this concoction and it works wonders. Four years later, my bottle is still 3/4 full! I've never heard of anyone else doing this, but I was your "Guinee Pig" and I will tell you IT WORKS. If you have the chance try it.  ;)

Offline madasheck

« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2013, 09:00:29 PM »
What approximate amount would you recommened adding to a regular size bottle, if you don't mind my aksin'  8)
Clamabat ille miser se civem esse Romanum...cum imploraret saepius usurparetque nomen civitatis, crux-crux, inquam-infelici et aerumnoso, qui numquam istam pestem viderat, comparabatur. ~Cicero, Verrine Orations

Offline No2NWO

« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2013, 09:07:29 PM »
Well, I just used the cuttings. I actually just stuffed as many leaves as I could into the bottle, but it couldn't have been any more than 20 - 30 leaves in the 16 fl.oz bottle. Let it sit for maybe a couple of weeks. The alcohol will turn green and it should be good to go. Hope that helps.

Offline No2NWO

« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2013, 10:02:28 PM »
As a person with Muscular Dystrophy i can say without a doubt MMJ has given me some of my life back. Its relieved muscle spasms and cramping as well as helped me gain some weight. I was on morphine for a decade and it wrecked my body pretty bad. I have nothing bad to say about MMJ period. I get asked how can i stand walking around stoned all day and all i can say is that have you ever tried morphine or seen what it does in long term uses? Besides the MMJ keeps me from strangling people like you. Less anxiety which is a huge deal, i dealt with stress so much better.
 Most think if you use mmj your just gonna lay around eating cheetos all day. So untrue. I grow my own all organically (legally of coarse..ehh state wise at least). Working in my grow room has taught me to be a better gardener outdoors which my tomatoes are amazing now. I recycle more because i compost and have a worm farm. And just working with plants to give me great pleasure and relief mentally and physically. Gardening can be a healing process also.

I love tinctures and bubble hash. I use a vaporizer. I also make my own butter, candies etc etc. I truly believe some of the oils like the rick simpson oil can help fight cancer.

You are right... I hope things are well for you. I was an out of work internet junkie when New Mexico was getting a foot in the door where MMJ was concerned. My friends were interested in starting a MMJ co-op so I made a point to do a basically 6 month study on everything from medical benefits to proper security for such an operation. There are sooooo many different strains in the world today and all of them have different effects. If you want something to help you gain weight after chemo... it's there. If you want something to eleviate pain.... it's there. If you want something to disapate menstrual cramps, headaches, muscle distortion... it is there. There is a different strain for almost anything you can imagine. Edibles and tinctures are increasingly on the rise and your vaporizor is a worthwhile investment. Do not let the Feds tell you there are no meaningful effects or there are no meaningful studies, they are only interested in steering you in the wrong direction. The strains that "turn you into a cheeto eating couch potato" are for people who want to be a cheeto eating couch potato. The coices between strain is the one key to MMJ being a viable, effective medical treatment. Give up the evil tobacco and cultivate the strains that will benifit your specific medical conditions. And yes, gardening is a useful, relaxing, beneficial hobby which can only better your life and it doesn't only apply MMJ.  ;D  Best of luck to you. BUBBLE-BUCKET BABY!!!!! http://www.instructables.com/id/The-Bubble-Bucket/

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
World's First Marijuana Overdose?
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2014, 01:39:24 PM »

World's First Marijuana Overdose?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGeOJ0fvpT0

A few days ago, a woman died from a heart attack apparently triggered by a marijuana overdose. However, a lot of doctors are saying that's it's not possible to die from smoking weed in such small quantities. Laci was a bit suspicious of this tabloid headline and decided to do some of her own research to investigate whether or not it's possible to die from a marijuana overdose.

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
~Aldous Huxley

EvadingGrid

« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2014, 05:00:01 PM »
HIGHdrangea thieves:
French police look to weed out 'hortensia gang' stealing flowers to smoke 'because they can't afford cannabis due to economic crisis'

*    Hydrangea bushes being stripped in villages across northern France
*    Gendarmarie believe they are being used as cheap alternative to cannabis
*    Experts confirm when smoked they can produce a similar effect
*    Police chief blames spate of thefts on the country's economic downturn

By Daniel Miller
PUBLISHED: 21:11 GMT, 6 February 2014
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2553411/HIGHdrangea-thieves-French-hortensia-gang-stealing-ornamental-flowers-smoke-afford-cannabis-economic-crisis.html

French police are on the trail of a 'hortensia gang' who they believe are looting ornamental hydrangeas from parks and gardens to smoke as a cheap alternative to Cannabis.

Authorities in the north of the country believe cash-strapped potheads have resorted to puffing on the petals because they can no longer afford to buy the real thing due to the country's economic downturn.

Locals in the small village of Hucqueliers near Boulougne were left devastated after dozens of hydrangea bushes were stripped of their glorious white and pink petals in a spate of night-time raids.

One victim, Jean Carpentier, who lost around 30 of his prized flowers told regional TV station France 3: 'The thieves came and cut my plants right under my window.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2553411/HIGHdrangea-thieves-French-hortensia-gang-stealing-ornamental-flowers-smoke-afford-cannabis-economic-crisis.html#ixzz2sdevuPFa
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Offline pac522

• Peace sells, but who's buying?
« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2014, 09:55:37 AM »
MARIJUANA STOPS THE MIND CONTROL PROGRAMMING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idxoMDVJ4Fw
This country did not achieve greatness with the mindset of "safety first" but rather "live free or die".

Truth is the currency of love. R[̲̅ə̲̅٨̲̅٥̲̅٦̲̅]ution!

We are all running on Gods laptop.
The problem is the virus called the Illuminati.  ~EvadingGrid

The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2015, 06:18:45 AM »

Contrary To Popular Belief, Cannabis May Effectively Treat Schizophrenia

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2014/12/23/contrary-to-popular-belief-cannabis-may-effectively-treat-schizophrenia/

Natural treatments potent enough to alleviate symptoms of psychosis and schizophrenia (whether it is induced by an infectious illness or microbe of some kind, severe nutrient imbalance, or any other origin) are scarce. However, various reports have surfaced claiming cannabis can successfully treat symptoms of psychosis and schizophrenia; and for each of these reports, multiple others have surfaced cautioning of cannabis induced psychosis.

While these reports exist on polar opposite ends of the spectrum, the validity of both are well-founded. Cannabis holds the power to either induce or reduce symptoms of psychosis and schizophrenia, as it contains compounds enabling it to do both. The key to treating psychosis and schizophrenia with cannabis lies in identifying and using the specific compounds able to alleviate symptoms...

~Aldous Huxley

Offline lisacolnett

• Doctors Health Press
« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2015, 06:56:34 AM »
Side effects of Merijuana?

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
  • 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB! www.911truth.org
« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2015, 11:21:13 AM »

Nowhere near as bad as the patented synthetic drugs being sold legally by Big Pharma.

-- http://www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/causes_of_death#sthash.UJyNDxgr.dpbs

-- http://www.naturalnews.com/037299_prescription_painkillers_heroin_fatalities.html

-- http://www.alternet.org/personal-health/6-drugs-whose-dangerous-risks-were-buried-so-big-pharma-could-make-money

But you'll never hear that from drug war apologists, because they care nothing about protecting people's health and everything about protecting the profits of both Big Pharma and the prison-industrial complex. To call them fascist control-freaks would be an understatement.
"Abolish all taxation save that upon land values." -- Henry George

"If our nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill." -- Thomas Edison

http://schalkenbach.org
http://www.monetary.org
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=203330.0

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
  • 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB! www.911truth.org
« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2015, 11:23:19 AM »
Vices Are Not Crimes

A Vindication Of Moral Liberty

by Lysander Spooner

I.

Vices are those acts by which a man harms himself or his property.

Crimes are those acts by which one man harms the person or property of another.

Vices are simply the errors which a man makes in his search after his own happiness. Unlike crimes, they imply no malice toward others, and no interference with their persons or property.

In vices, the very essence of crime --- that is, the design to injure the person or property of another --- is wanting.

It is a maxim of the law that there can be no crime without a criminal intent; that is, without the intent to invade the person or property of another. But no one ever practises a vice with any such criminal intent. He practises his vice for his own happiness solely, and not from any malice toward others.

Unless this clear distinction between vices and crimes be made and recognized by the laws, there can be on earth no such thing as individual right, liberty, or property; no such things as the right of one man to the control of his own person and property, and the corresponding and coequal rights of another man to the control of his own person and property.

For a government to declare a vice to be a crime, and to punish it as such, is an attempt to falsify the very nature of things. It is as absurd as it would be to declare truth to be falsehood, or falsehood truth.

II.

Every voluntary act of a manís life is either virtuous or vicious. That is to say, it is either in accordance, or in conflict, with those natural laws of matter and mind, on which his physical, mental, and emotional health and well-being depend. In other words, every act of his life tends, on the whole, either to his happiness, or to his unhappiness. No single act in his whole existence is indifferent.

Furthermore, each human being differs in his physical, mental, and emotional constitution, and also in the circumstances by which he is surrounded, from every other human being. Many acts, therefore, that are virtuous, and tend to happiness, in the case of one person, are vicious, and tend to unhappiness, in the case of another person.

Many acts, also, that are virtuous, and tend to happiness, in the case of one man, at one time, and under one set of circumstances, are vicious, and tend to unhappiness, in the case of the same man, at another time, and under other circumstances.

III.

To know what actions are virtuous, and what vicious --- in other words, to know what actions tend, on the whole, to happiness, and what to unhappiness --- in the case of each and every man, in each and all the conditions in which they may severally be placed, is the profoundest and most complex study to which the greatest human mind ever has been, or ever can be, directed. It is, nevertheless, the constant study to which each and every man --- the humblest in intellect as well as the greatest --- is necessarily driven by the desires and necessities of his own existence. It is also the study in which each and every person, from his cradle to his grave, must necessarily form his own conclusions; because no one else knows or feels, or can know or feel, as he knows and feels, the desires and necessities, the hopes, and fears, and impulses of his own nature, or the pressure of his own circumstances.

IV.

It is not often possible to say of those acts that are called vices, that they really are vices, except in degree. That is, it is difficult to say of any actions, or courses of action, that are called vices, that they really would have been vices, if they had stopped short of a certain point. The question of virtue or vice, therefore, in all such cases, is a question of quantity and degree, and not of the intrinsic character of any single act, by itself. This fact adds to the difficulty, not to say the impossibility, of any oneís --- except each individual for himself --- drawing any accurate line, or anything like any accurate line, between virtue and vice; that is, of telling where virtue ends, and vice begins. And this is another reason why this whole question of virtue and vice should be left for each person to settle for himself.

V.

Vices are usually pleasurable, at least for the time being, and often do not disclose themselves as vices, by their effects, until after they have been practised for many years; perhaps for a lifetime. To many, perhaps most, of those who practise them, they do not disclose themselves as vices at all during life. Virtues, on the other band, often appear so harsh and rugged, they require the sacrifice of so much present happiness, at least, and the results, which alone prove them to be virtues, are often so distant and obscure, in fact, so absolutely invisible to the minds of many, especially of the young, that, from the very nature of things, there can be no universal, or even general, knowledge that they are virtues. In truth, the studies of profound philosophers have been expended --- if not wholly in vain, certainly with very small results --- in efforts to draw the lines between the virtues and the vices.

If, then, it became so difficult, so nearly impossible, in most cases, to determine what is, and what is not, vice; and especially if it be so difficult, in nearly all cases, to determine where virtue ends, and vice begins; and if these questions, which no one can really and truly determine for anybody but himself, are not to be left free and open for experiment by all, each person is deprived of the highest of all his rights as a human being, to wit: his right to inquire, investigate, reason, try experiments, judge, and ascertain for himself, what is, to him, virtue, and what is, to him, vice; in other words: what, on the whole, conduces to his happiness, and what, on the whole, tends to his unhappiness. If this great right is not to be left free and open to all, then each manís whole right, as a reasoning human being, to" liberty and the pursuit of happiness," is denied him.

VI.

We all come into the world in ignorance of ourselves, and of everything around us. By a fundamental law of our natures we are all constantly impelled by the desire of happiness, and the fear of pain. But we have everything to learn, as to what will give us happiness, and save us from pain. No two of us are wholly alike, either physically, mentally, or emotionally; or, consequently, in our physical, mental, or emotional requirements for the acquisition of happiness, and the avoidance of unhappiness. No one of us, therefore, can learn this indispensable lesson of happiness and unhappiness, of virtue and vice, for another. Each must learn it for himself. To learn it, he must be at liberty to try all experiments that commend themselves to his judgment. Some of his experiments succeed, and, because they succeed, are called virtues; others fail, and, because they fail, are called vices. He gathers wisdom as much from his failures as from his successes; from his so-called vices, as from his so-called virtues. Both are necessary to his acquisition of that knowledge --- of his own nature, and of the world around him, and of their adaptations or non-adaptations to each other --- which shall show him how happiness is acquired, and pain avoided. And, unless he can be permitted to try these experiments to his own satisfaction, he is restrained from the acquisition of knowledge, and, consequently, from pursuing the great purpose and duty of his life.

VII.

A man is under no obligation to take anybodyís word, or yield to anybody's authority, on a matter so vital to himself, and in regard to which no one else has, or can have, any such interest as he. He cannot, if he would, safely rely upon the opinions of other men, because be finds that the opinions of other men do not agree. Certain actions, or courses of action, have been practised by many millions of men, through successive generations, and have been held by them to be, on the whole, conducive to happiness, and therefore virtuous. Other men, in other ages or countries, or under other condition, have held, as the result of their experience and observation, that these actions tended, on the whole, to unhappiness, and were therefore vicious. The question of virtue or vice, as already remarked in a previous section, has also been, in most minds, a question of degree; that is, of the extent to which certain actions should be carried; and not of the intrinsic character of any single act, by itself. The questions of virtue and vice have therefore been as various, and, in fact, as infinite, as the varieties of mind, body, and condition of the different individuals inhabiting the globe. And the experience of ages has left an infinite number of these questions unsettled. In fact, it can scarcely be said to have settled any of them.

VIII.

In the midst of this endless variety of opinion, what man, or what body of men, has the right to say, in regard to any particular action, or course of action, "We have tried this experiment, and determined every question involved in it? We have determined it, not only for ourselves, but for all others? And, as to all those who are weaker than we, we will coerce them to act in obedience to our conclusion? We will suffer no further experiment or inquiry by any one, and, consequently, no further acquisition of knowledge by anybody?"

Who are the men who have the right to say this? Certainly there are none such. The men who really do say it, are either shameless impostors and tyrants, who would stop the progress of knowledge, and usurp absolute control over the minds and bodies of their fellow men; and are therefore to be resisted instantly, and to the last extent; or they are themselves too ignorant of their own weaknesses, and of their true relations to other men, to be entitled to any other consideration than sheer pity or contempt.

We know, however, that there are such men as these in the world. Some of them attempt to exercise their power only within a small sphere, to wit, upon their children, their neighbors, their townsmen, and their countrymen. Others attempt to exercise it on a larger scale. For example, an old man at Rome, aided by a few subordinates, attempts to decide all questions of virtue and vice; that is, of truth or falsehood, especially in matters of religion. He claims to know and teach what religious ideas and practices are conducive, or fatal, to a manís happiness, not only in this world, but in that which is to come. He claims to be miraculously inspired for the performance of this work; thus virtually acknowledging, like a sensible man, that nothing short of miraculous inspiration would qualify him for it. This miraculous inspiration, however, has been ineffectual to enable him to settle more than a very few questions. The most important to which common mortals can attain, is an implicit belief in his (the popeís) infallibility! and, secondly, that the blackest vices of which they can be guilty are to believe and declare that he is only a man like the rest of them!

It required some fifteen or eighteen hundred years to enable him to reach definite conclusions on these two vital points. Yet it would seem that the first of these must necessarily be preliminary to his settlement of any other questions; because, until his own infallibility is determined, he can authoritatively decide nothing else. He has, however, heretofore attempted or pretended to settle a few others. And he may, perhaps, attempt or pretend to settle a few more in the future, if he shall continue to find anybody to listen to him. But his success, thus far, certainly does not encourage the belief that he will be able to settle all questions of virtue and vice, even in his peculiar department of religion, in time to meet the necessities of mankind. He, or his successors, will undoubtedly be compelled, at no distant day, to acknowledge that he has undertaken a task to which all his miraculous inspiration was inadequate; and that, of necessity, each human being must be left to settle all questions of this kind for himself. And it is not unreasonable to expect that all other popes, in other and lesser spheres, will some time have cause to come to the same conclusion. No one, certainly, not claiming supernatural inspiration, should undertake a task to which obviously nothing less than such inspiration is adequate. And, clearly, no one should surrender his own judgment to the teachings of others, unless he be first convinced that these others have something more than ordinary human knowledge on this subject.

If those persons, who fancy themselves gifted with both the power and the right to define and punish other menís vices, would but turn their thoughts inwardly, they would probably find that they have a great work to do at home; and that, when that shall have been completed, they will be little disposed to do more towards correcting the vices of others, than simply to give to others the results of their experience and observation. In this sphere their labors may possibly be useful; but, in the sphere of infallibility and coercion, they will probably, for well-known reasons, meet with even less success in the future than such men have met with in the past.

IX.

It is now obvious, from the reasons already given, that government would be utterly impracticable, if it were to take cognizance of vices, and punish them as crimes. Every human being has his or her vices. Nearly all men have a great many. And they are of all kinds; physiological, mental, emotional; religious, social, commercial, industrial, economical, etc., etc. If government is to take cognizance of any of these vices, and punish them as crimes, then, to be consistent, it must take cognizance of all, and punish all impartially. The consequence would be, that everybody would be in prison for his or her vices. There would be no one left outside to lock the doors upon those within. In fact, courts enough could not be found to try the offenders, nor prisons enough built to hold them. All human industry in the acquisition of knowledge, and even in acquiring the means of subsistence, would be arrested: for we should all be under constant trial or imprisonment for our vices. But even if it were possible to imprison all the vicious, our knowledge of human nature tells us that, as a general rule, they would be far more vicious in prison than they ever have been out of it.

X.

A government that shall punish all vices impartially is so obviously an impossibility, that nobody was ever found, or ever will be found, foolish enough to propose it. The most that any one proposes is, that government shall punish some one, or at most a few, of what he esteems the grossest of them. But this discrimination is an utterly absurd, illogical, and tyrannical one. What right has any body of men to say, "The vices of other men we will punish; but our own vices nobody shall punish? We will restrain other men from seeking their own happiness, according to their own notions of it; but nobody shall restrain us from seeking our own happiness, according to our own notions of it? We will restrain other men from acquiring any experimental knowledge of what is conducive or necessary to their own happiness; but nobody shall restrain us from acquiring an experimental knowledge of what is conducive or necessary to our own happiness?"

Nobody but knaves or blockheads ever thinks of making such absurd assumptions as these. And yet, evidently, it is only upon such assumptions that anybody can claim the right to punish the vices of others, and at the same time claim exemption from punishment for his own.

[Continued...]
"Abolish all taxation save that upon land values." -- Henry George

"If our nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill." -- Thomas Edison

http://schalkenbach.org
http://www.monetary.org
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=203330.0

Offline Bernard

« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2015, 03:35:52 PM »
nice post, Geo, many thanks.

Offline pac522

• Peace sells, but who's buying?
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2015, 08:00:40 PM »

Absolutely none, unless of course the munchies is bad.

I tell you, back in 2005 after falling through a ceiling and crushing the four lower disks in my back, having a hematoma the size of a football on my lower spine that caused scar tissue to form around the nerves coming through the spinal column I ran the gambit in treatments, chiropractor, acupuncture, physical therapy, invasive laser spine surgery, I am still on pain meds. The only thing that has relieved me from taking more meds than prescribed, is Marijuana.

Now I'm talking about genetically crafted, naturally grown Marijuana. I had smoked for over 20 years but had stopped due to paranoia from smoke. I found it was due to the pesticides and argichems they use in Mexico and central and south America.

I found a friend, a 1st Gulf War Vet who had been given 6 months to live from the VA upon return with mystery illness. He decided to live for those 6 months instead of die. He moved to California and thru the grace of divine found natural healing. He opened one of the first dispensaries in the area and has helped through his own company and mutual charities other veterans, including leading cancer research and alternative treatments, such as phantom pain from amputees.

He holds many patents on the DNA and strains and I can tell you major testing is done on multiple strains to find out their effects and then he'll hybrid two strains to gain the benefit from both. There is a place for it, I can promise you that. It's not just for recreation any more, although a few people could and should benifit from the calming relaxing effects at the end of a hard day. No harm in that.

This country did not achieve greatness with the mindset of "safety first" but rather "live free or die".

Truth is the currency of love. R[̲̅ə̲̅٨̲̅٥̲̅٦̲̅]ution!

We are all running on Gods laptop.
The problem is the virus called the Illuminati.  ~EvadingGrid

The answer to 1984 is 1776.