Forget Big Brother.. Your neighbor can easily spy on your Phone and Internet.

Author Topic: Forget Big Brother.. Your neighbor can easily spy on your Phone and Internet.  (Read 25255 times)

Offline Eckhart Tolle

WARNING:    I'm ONLY posting this so you guys can test your OWN network security.

Of course with this free software you can hack and spy on others Internet, Computer networks, Bluetooth.. VOIP, etc. 
What you do with it IS your choice.
I'm in NO WAY condoning hacking. I'm just showing you guys how your neighbours or someone driving down the road with a laptop can spy on you with ease.

When running Backtrack off of a CD or USB drive it DOES NOT touch your Harddrive. Nor does it make any changes to, or use your Computers Operating System in anyway.

Backtrack is an Operating System on its own.

(BackTrack CAN be installed to a regular boot cd, a USB drive, installed to the hard drive, or even downloaded as a VMware virtual machine.)

Forget Big Brother.. Your neighbor can easily spy on your Phone and Internet.

March 28, 2009
By Eckharttolle
Prisonplanet.com Forum

If you own an Internet Router.. Whether you are using a wireless connection through it or not, anything and everything you do online can be monitored and your computer can VERY easily be hacked into with the free Backtrack software. Also your Bluetooth devices and VOIP phones can be spied on.

No encryption WEP, WPA, TKIP, etc is safe..   

I booted this free software on my laptop and was blown away by how easy it was too hack into my other computers, sniff networks, crack passwords, listen to VOIP and Bluetooth phones, crack routers, etc..

With a little Linux knowledge and help from some youtube videos I hacked my own routers WEP encryption key in under 2 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHq-cKoYcr8

Just download the bootable software and burn to disk or place on USB stick.  **Note your wireless card must support certain features. (Monitor Mode, Packet Injection)

Currently BackTrack consists of more than 300 different up-to-date tools which are logically structured according to the work flow of security professionals. This structure allows even newcomers to find the related tools to a certain task to be accomplished. New technologies and testing techniques are merged into BackTrack as soon as possible to keep it up-to-date.

Backtrack 3 and 4 and some Included tools Screenshots

Wireshark Network Sniffer

Maltego

BackTrack is the most top rated linux live distribution focused on penetration testing. With no installation whatsoever, the analysis platform is started directly from the CD-Rom and is fully accessible within minutes.

No other commercial or freely available analysis platform offers an equivalent level of usability with automatic configuration and focus on penetration testing.

BackTrack's functionality further increases with the arrangement of each tool in 16 categories. The tool categories are as follows -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BackTrack

* Enumeration
    * Exploit Archives
    * Scanners
    * Password Attacks
    * Fuzzers
    * Spoofing
    * Sniffers
    * Tunneling
    * Wireless Tools
    * Bluetooth
    * Cisco Tools
    * Database Tools
    * Forensic Tools
    * BackTrack Services
    * Reverse Engineering
    * Misc

View a list of Backtrack 3 tools with detailed info here..
http://backtrack.offensive-security.com/index.php/Tools

Download Backtrack 3 or 4 Beta here..
http://www.remote-exploit.org/backtrack_download.html

Offline M3rcy

:o Does it have to be installed on the pc your spying on? Is there a counter program?  :o

CHAT HERE: ##conspiracy on irc.freenode.net or here http://infowars.chatango.com/

Offline Eckhart Tolle

:o Does it have to be installed on the pc your spying on? Is there a counter program?  :o

There is NO installation required for Backtrack. It boots off of a CD.

And no installation is needed on target computers, they just have to be connect to a router and be in within your wireless cards reach.

Best way to counter is unplug your router lol.

Offline TheWeavingSpider

• ...:::I AM THE WEAVING SPIDER:::...
Hmm... pretty cool, so can you use it to listen in on a phone convo if you are connected through DSL and have no wireless hardware on your comp?

And is it safe for n00bs to use, do you have to have linux to run it?
I am the Weaving Spider, I spin my web to catch the Owl of Bohemia.

Offline Eckhart Tolle

Hmm... pretty cool, so can you use it to listen in on a phone convo if you are connected through DSL and have no wireless hardware on your comp?

No.. I don't think you can hack VOIP phones over the internet with Backtrack. 

If your neighbour wanted to listen in to your VOIP phone calls.. (Vonage, AT&T, etc..)
All they would need is a wireless card in their computer and the Backtrack software.

They simply gain access to your router which handles all the VOIP data.

When you use your VOIP phone it sends .wav type files back and fourth across the net.

Using network sniffer software like Wireshark your neighbours could then listen to those .wav files.

Offline Eckhart Tolle

And is it safe for n00bs to use, do you have to have linux to run it?

You don't need anything to run Backtrack. It is a linux based Operating System that boots right off the CD.

It is completely safe as it DOESN'T touch your Harddrive or Operating System whatsoever.

You can disconnect your hard drive and still use Backtrack perfectly.

Learning how to use the terminal in BackTrack can be a little intimidating at first. But there are TONS of tutorials online and youtube vids and such that can show newbies the way.

It didn't take me that long to figure it all out and I was a complete linux virgin when I started lol.  ;D

It's basicly cut and paste.

Lucian Solaris

You won't get anything from systems connected to the router over 802.3 (ethernet).  You will only get data from other wireless devices.  This is because most home routers today are switched ethernet; they're not hubs!

There is NO installation required for Backtrack. It boots off of a CD.

And no installation is needed on target computers, they just have to be connect to a router and be in within your wireless cards reach.

Best way to counter is unplug your router lol.

Offline Eckhart Tolle

You won't get anything from systems connected to the router over 802.3 (ethernet).  You will only get data from other wireless devices.  This is because most home routers today are switched ethernet; they're not hubs!

If a person has a router (with wireless access to the router enabled) even if they not using any wireless device. You can still hack into their computer network through that router and gain access to their files and steal their internet connection.

wvoutlaw2002

You don't need anything to run Backtrack. It is a linux based Operating System that boots right off the CD.

OMG if the government shills and Microsoft shills get a hold of this story, they'll be calling for Linux to be banned immediately. You do know that all of the spying software included in Backtrack can most likely be installed via apt-get in any major Linux distro such as Ubuntu.

Offline Eckhart Tolle

You do know that all of the spying software included in Backtrack can most likely be installed via apt-get in any major Linux distro such as Ubuntu.

Good point..

Also some of the software can be used on windows..
Like the Network Sniffer software Wireshark http://www.wireshark.org/

But I would recommended downloading Backtrack because it is complete suite and doesn't effect your OS or save settings on shutdown.
You can just reset your PC and have a clean slate which is good for noobs.

Offline Eckhart Tolle

OMG if the government shills and Microsoft shills get a hold of this story, they'll be calling for Linux to be banned immediately.

Lol thats funny you say that because Microsoft will not allow anyone on a Linux OS to access their Hotmail email. You have to spoof your OS just to read your email.

When I try to read my hotmail on my Linux system I get a Connection Error.

Microsoft breaks HotMail for Linux users?
http://linux-watch.com/news/NS6023147333.html

http://www.google.com/search?q=hotmail+linux

Lucian Solaris

There you are correct, Winblow$ by default is quite insecure.  You wouldn't be able to packet sniff unless you succeed in getting the client to execute Abel-like code on their machine...

If a person has a router (with wireless access to the router enabled) even if they not using any wireless device. You can still hack into their computer network through that router and gain access to their files and steal their internet connection.

Offline lordssyndicate

• Stop The New World Order
    • LinkedIn Profile
Ahhh yes BackTack.

The OS distro written by the metasploit team.

Pretty decent stuff...

Not nearly as complete a kit as Nephersness but Nepherness is next to impossible to find these days ....

Also of extreme usefulness is The Ultimate Boot CD  and the Ultimate BootCD4WIN and one of my personal favorites Helix.

All of which can easily be found via a google search except Helix which can be found via Helix.org...

"Biotechnology it's not so bad. It's just like all technologies it's in the wrong HANDS!"- Sepultura

Offline lordssyndicate

• LinkedIn Profile
No.. I don't think you can hack VOIP phones over the internet with Backtrack. 

If your neighbour wanted to listen in to your VOIP phone calls.. (Vonage, AT&T, etc..)
All they would need is a wireless card in their computer and the Backtrack software.

They simply gain access to your router which handles all the VOIP data.

When you use your VOIP phone it sends .wav type files back and fourth across the net.

Using network sniffer software like Wireshark your neighbours could then listen to those .wav files.

Actually it depends what you equip metasploit with..... You can write custom plugins for Metasploit because metasploit is a framework .... Therefore that is it's purpose....

I have several nice kits written for the Black Hat convention and DEFCON  that can do some nasty things...

I personally have written a few very evil port surfing utilities that will easily  allow one to use compromised ports and systems for a variety of things.

There are several kits going around in the Avaya  security community that can quite easily compromise most commercial VoIP systems...

So , the power of BackTrack  (Or Any Live CD Linux Distro W/ MetaSploit) is limited by one's own skills to write scripts and plugins for Metasploit ... and other various usefull pen testing software..
"Biotechnology it's not so bad. It's just like all technologies it's in the wrong HANDS!"- Sepultura

Offline menace

I don't have any or use cell phones.

Offline lordssyndicate

• LinkedIn Profile
I don't have any or use cell phones.

Cells take a good bit of fiddling to compromise...
Unless you have router or switch level compromise ie. a back door such as the NSA...

Just because you clone an ESN doesn't necessarily automatically give you access... Every Cell carrier I have ever worked with has always had integrated systems that are able to detect clones in real time...

Any publicized cloning rings these days are actually being facilitated by the CIA ....

How else do you manage to break the 256+bit private key used to secure digital data for cell phones?

Blackberries are even more secure despite the  propaganda  put out... 2048 bit TLS tunnels  on top of pre-crypted  proprietary compression.......

Any compromise of cell networks requires inside help.... which is only easily done on the fly by our friendly Little Sister (Dogs of the NWO) and  assisting  Israeli Moussad front companies via partnerships with big TELECOM... (Go watch fabled enemies...)

However
Devices specially IPhone that have Wifi, have been shown to be readily compromised via WiFI...

As are apple laptops...
Go google it ..

Offline UK Lyn

Good lord...

Please guys, two simple questions. 

Is WPA encryption now compromised? 

How soon would someone competent using this need to crack a pure hexadecimal encryption string (not a real English word)?

:o

Offline Eckhart Tolle

Good lord...

Please guys, two simple questions. 

Is WPA encryption now compromised? 

How soon would someone competent using this need to crack a pure hexadecimal encryption string (not a real English word)?

:o

Yes WPA is simple to crack.. Heres how
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej52mNHs49A

It only takes a few mins... Anyone can do it.

No encryption is safe... The more complex the encryption key the longer it will take to crunch the numbers, thats all.

Offline Eckhart Tolle

Actually it depends what you equip metasploit with..... You can write custom plugins for Metasploit because metasploit is a framework .... Therefore that is it's purpose....

I have several nice kits written for the Black Hat convention and DEFCON  that can do some nasty things...

I personally have written a few very evil port surfing utilities that will easily  allow one to use compromised ports and systems for a variety of things.

There are several kits going around in the Avaya  security community that can quite easily compromise most commercial VoIP systems...

So , the power of BackTrack  (Or Any Live CD Linux Distro W/ MetaSploit) is limited by one's own skills to write scripts and plugins for Metasploit ... and other various usefull pen testing software..

Good Points..

There are many things that can be done with Backtrack that are beyond my scope of knowledge, so far.

I've only pointed out 3% of what one can do with Backtrack.

I was reading about the new SSLSTRIP tool just released in Feb at BlackHat.

From the creators site..

This tool provides a demonstration of the HTTPS stripping attacks that I presented at Black Hat DC 2009. It will transparently hijack HTTP traffic on a network, watch for HTTPS links and redirects, then map those links into either look-alike HTTP links or homograph-similar HTTPS links. It also supports modes for supplying a favicon which looks like a lock icon, selective logging, and session denial. For more information on the attack, see the video from the presentation below.

http://www.thoughtcrime.org/software/sslstrip/

It hijacks your Web Browser SSL encryption and fakes it back too you. Even puts up a little phony lock picture.

Don't think I'll be doing my Banking Online anymore lol..

Nothing is safe as hackers are always two steps ahead of the game.

Offline UK Lyn

Yes WPA is simple to crack.. Heres how
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej52mNHs49A

It only takes a few mins... Anyone can do it.

No encryption is safe... The more complex the encryption key the longer it will take to crunch the numbers, thats all.

Thanks you.  Wow, that does it for online banking for me too..

I have a huge admiration for hackers that show TPTB no encryption is secure. 

Hope some of these clever dudes are on 'our side' defending a free 'Net or we're fcked

Offline Eckhart Tolle

A couple things one can do to secure their router and possibly make it a little harder on hackers..

1.  Change your SSID (Linksys, 2wire000, NetGear, etc)  to something random and different..

2.  Then turn off SSID Broadcasting.. ( Note: Step 1 and 2 probably won't stop most hackers but MAY deter some.)

3.  If you are not using a wireless connection but still use a router.. Disable the Wireless functions on your router. (Routers have this Enabled by default)

4.  Change the default router password to something better.

5.  Use WPA2-PSK (TKIP) encryption if possible. ( Takes significantly longer to crack )

NOTE: After making these changes you will have to reconfigure any of your wireless PC's to be setup with the new SSID and Encryption key

Offline barndoor77

It never ends.

I would figure that somebody is going to develop a smart algorithm to shot circuit DES encryption, then look out!

The entire world relys on that encryption algorithm, the military everybody.

It comes down to somebody with a really sharp pencil who likes convulted advanced math problems, and doesn't mind the 3-5 years it takes to discover a patch.

Naturally the guy would be dead within 24 hs as its cheaper to shoot him, than to let the equipment out.

Offline barndoor77

Cells take a good bit of fiddling to compromise...
Unless you have router or switch level compromise ie. a back door such as the NSA...

Just because you clone an ESN doesn't necessarily automatically give you access... Every Cell carrier I have ever worked with has always had integrated systems that are able to detect clones in real time...

Any publicized cloning rings these days are actually being facilitated by the CIA ....

How else do you manage to break the 256+bit private key used to secure digital data for cell phones?

Blackberries are even more secure despite the  propaganda  put out... 2048 bit TLS tunnels  on top of pre-crypted  proprietary compression.......

Any compromise of cell networks requires inside help.... which is only easily done on the fly by our friendly Little Sister (Dogs of the NWO) and  assisting  Israeli Moussad front companies via partnerships with big TELECOM... (Go watch fabled enemies...)

However
Devices specially IPhone that have Wifi, have been shown to be readily compromised via WiFI...

As are apple laptops...
Go google it ..

So what your saying the days of Kevin Mitnick sitting in his car cloning Cell phones are long gone.  I had no idea the technology had advanced that much.  Wow.

256 bit encryption for a cell phone conversation is pretty crazy secure.  The NSA would have to by default have back doors to all packet switched data.  Naturally this encryption is stripped the moment it hits the cell tower.

I don't think the transmissions are encrypted on the long haul routes. 

Offline lordssyndicate

• LinkedIn Profile
I've used backtrack a good bit myself but I have a few things to say.

So I take a few (I assume accidental inconsistencies) overall with your claims of ease of compromise of most systems by backtrack.

Perhaps I am merely aware of the fact that every packet including the average "Script Kiddie" guy using backtrack's packets are logged and dissected by DHS sanctioned AI super computers.

Just because you have a "Kit" doesn't make you a hacker..

It's how you use your kit...
Knowing the limitations of your kit are number one.

I prefer Slack and BSD Varients for true TEMPEST black Boxes... Backtrack itself has too many NSA backdoors for my tastes.... Go follow the paper trail of it's primary Authors and sponsors...

By default Backtrack is an Incomplete Kit even

Yes, WEP is compromisable  however TKIP is s a good bit harder and  AES is impossible without the assisstance of 300 PS3s. Siwtched ethernet is also as some one else pointed out not sniffable by backtrack.
Cracking a VoIP router isn't quite that easy even from the WiFi network because once again all traffic over WiFI is switched.

Now if one manages to execute a man in the middle attack.

Something that requires a good deal of knowledge about the Metasploit framework and how to add scripts to deliver real payloads not included with the default BackTrack distro then yes it is possible thank to all of the NSA back doors to packet sniff switched traffic. These are also commonly known as security flaws by most people in IT security and are very specific and targeted.....

It is not a point and click operation and requires that all of your targets be subject to a very specific exploit that you have foreknowledge or have gathered forenknowledge of prior to initiation...

If these targets are not susceptible.. Your attack fails.. So this fore knowledge of your victim is absolutely required...

Hacking and controling people's information is not as easy as you accidentally appear to be making it out to be...

Also many modern routers run WPA2 AES encryption out of the box  these days...

So, as long as you can afford 700 playstyations and and army of 20k coders working round the clock for two months to write you an  AI OS designed to calculate NP hard ... then you too can hack like a pro.  

Not to say that many of the more poorly disguised backdoors don't lead to major scadals and compromise on a regular basis.

But, we must all remeber this is all truly intentional...

Jay Rockefeller wants us all to think the internet is highly insecure...
When the only reason it is insecure is because it WAS BUILT THAT WAY BY DESIGN....

nofakenews

A couple things one can do to secure their router and possibly make it a little harder on hackers..

1.  Change your SSID (Linksys, 2wire000, NetGear, etc)  to something random and different..

2.  Then turn off SSID Broadcasting.. ( Note: Step 1 and 2 probably won't stop most hackers but MAY deter some.)

3.  If you are not using a wireless connection but still use a router.. Disable the Wireless functions on your router. (Routers have this Enabled by default)

4.  Change the default router password to something better.

5.  Use WPA2-PSK (TKIP) encryption if possible. ( Takes significantly longer to crack )

NOTE: After making these changes you will have to reconfigure any of your wireless PC's to be setup with the new SSID and Encryption key

Step 6

6. You can also only allow only a trusted mac address so even if they get the password they will also have to have the mac address for the trusted wifi card. Again this is only if your router has that support.

Offline Eckhart Tolle

So I take a few (I assume accidental inconsistencies) overall with your claims of ease of compromise of most systems by backtrack

Hacking and controling people's information is not as easy as you accidentally appear to be making it out to be...

Sure, some things I've pointed out, Like VOIP, may take some advanced knowledge to achieve.

But I stand by my claim that it is VERY easy too spy on folks internet usage and access their networks using Backtrack. 

Why? Because I've done it and I'm no hacker.. It's REALLY EASY!

Just download Backtrack, watch a couple of youtube videos and read a few tutorials..

I understand your point but you are just complicating the issue.

I'm just warning folks here about their routers open window to the world.

You don't have to be a "hacker" , "Script Kiddie", or even IT Security Professional to figure it out. That was the point of this post is that ANYONE can do it.

Also many modern routers run WPA2 AES encryption out of the box  these days...

Most people get their routers from their ISP providers not from the store.
As we all know the ISP's don't send their customers "modern routers".

I strongly urge others to test and research Backtrack for themselves... And see exactly what people are capable of doing with the software.

As they say The Best Defense Is a Good Offense.

Offline Eckhart Tolle

Step 6

6. You can also only allow only a trusted mac address so even if they get the password they will also have to have the mac address for the trusted wifi card. Again this is only if your router has that support.

I left Mac filtering out because its useless in this case.

Backtrack includes macchanger software which allows one to fake their MAC address.

nofakenews

I left Mac filtering out because its useless in this case.

Backtrack includes macchanger software which allows one to fake their MAC address.

But it still makes it more limted and you can do something else as well but only for the techs...

Get a small alarm and wire it to the wifi led and if your not at your computer but at home the alarm goes off to alert your attention to a connection.  ;D

Offline Eckhart Tolle

But it still makes it more limted and you can do something else as well but only for the techs...

Get a small alarm and wire it to the wifi led and if your not at your computer but at home the alarm goes off to alert your attention to a connection.  ;D

Haha.. :)

I was going to mention this earlier..
You could also check your routers wireless network config page to see if you have had any unauthorized wireless clients access your router.

nofakenews

Haha.. :)

I was going to mention this earlier..
You could also check your routers wireless network config page to see if you have had any unauthorized wireless clients access your router.

Yep my neighbors don't even use any form of security and always set as unsecured wireless connection...   :o

Offline Eckhart Tolle

Yep my neighbors don't even use any form of security and always set as unsecured wireless connection...   :o

We must have the same neighbours lol  :D

A few weeks ago I put the Backtrack cd in my laptop, loaded up Kismet and Wireshark, got in my car, and drove less then a mile down the road to a friends..

Within that distance Kismet found 142 routers of which close to 1/3 of them were completely wide open unsecured.

Majority of the rest were simple to crack WEP Encryption.. 

There were a few, maybe 20 or so, that were protected with WPA-PSK (TKIP).

Wireshark was sniffing the open networks as I was driving and picked up what one person was buying on Amazon.. Some girl adding pictures to her myspace page.. Another person listening to something on RealPlayer.. And various Browsers visiting different websites... And so on..

I was just blown away by how simple it was to spy on folks.. ( NOTE: I deleted the sniffed data immediately because I was just trying it to see what happens. I wasn't trying to spy.. )

This software is a Identity Theifs wet dream..

SECURE YOUR ROUTERS THE BEST YOU CAN GUYS!

Offline TheWeavingSpider

So EckhartTolle, if I wanted to play a prank on a friend of in Texas (I live in Missouri) by opening up Notepad in his computer while he's at it and saying some mysterious things, would I be able to do that with this program?

I know my friend wouldn't mind, me and him are real close, he would actually think it's cool, however he would probably start asking me if I can do this or that for him on his computer lol.

Offline Eckhart Tolle

So EckhartTolle, if I wanted to play a prank on a friend of in Texas (I live in Missouri) by opening up Notepad in his computer while he's at it and saying some mysterious things, would I be able to do that with this program?

I know my friend wouldn't mind, me and him are real close, he would actually think it's cool, however he would probably start asking me if I can do this or that for him on his computer lol.

LOL  ;D That's pretty funny..

To be honest with you I have no Idea.. No doubt I'm sure it's possible with some advanced skills.

Although if you could get someone in Texas to help with the prank you could get them to install http://www.hidadmin.com/ on his PC..

Hidden Administrator is multi-purpose software for remote desktop management and administration allows manipulating remote computers in just about any manner you'd like to. That includes exchanging files between the computers, administrating the remote registry, transmitting the sound over network, etc. The software is simple to install and configure and easy to use.

You could play something like "Hey Man This is God speaking" over his speakers.. Now that would be hilarious!
  ;D  ;D  ;D

I know there are tons of other remote desktop software like  http://www.anyplace-control.com/ or http://www.realvnc.com or http://www.uvnc.com/ but I don't think they can be run stealth.

Offline Infoninja

Do you have to be using Linux to make this work?

Or can you use any OS?

Thanks

;)

Offline TheWeavingSpider

LOL  ;D That's pretty funny..

To be honest with you I have no Idea.. No doubt I'm sure it's possible with some advanced skills.

Although if you could get someone in Texas to help with the prank you could get them to install http://www.hidadmin.com/ on his PC..

Hidden Administrator is multi-purpose software for remote desktop management and administration allows manipulating remote computers in just about any manner you'd like to. That includes exchanging files between the computers, administrating the remote registry, transmitting the sound over network, etc. The software is simple to install and configure and easy to use.

You could play something like "Hey Man This is God speaking" over his speakers.. Now that would be hilarious!
  ;D  ;D  ;D

I know there are tons of other remote desktop software like  http://www.anyplace-control.com/ or http://www.realvnc.com or http://www.uvnc.com/ but I don't think they can be run stealth.

Lol, his wife might help out, but of course if I can snoop around on his comp, I could probably just install it from where I am without him knowing and then do it that way. Or do you think that might be too complicated or too advance?

Offline Wintermute

Speaking of potentially back-door'd software...

http://www.cyberspysoftware.com/

"Remote Spy" and "007 Keylogger" are commercially available trojans...
Not only do they get you to pay a regular fee for continued use of their tech', they require you to retrieve the harvested data from their own servers.   That's right, they get you to pay them for the right to do all the legwork in compromising other systems while they sit back and wait for all your data to come to them.  ::)

wvoutlaw2002

Or can you use any OS?

Thanks

;)

It's actually a GNU/Linux-based operating system which runs as a "live CD" from a CD, DVD, or USB flash drive. You can burn the ISO to a CD or DVD or you can use UNetBootin to "burn" it to a USB flash drive. I don't know what Linus distro Backtrack 3 is based on, but I do know that Backtrack 4 (currently a beta) is based on Ubuntu (the 8.10 Intrepid Ibex release, I think).

Offline TheWeavingSpider

Speaking of potentially back-door'd software...

http://www.cyberspysoftware.com/

"Remote Spy" and "007 Keylogger" are commercially available trojans...
Not only do they get you to pay a regular fee for continued use of their tech', they require you to retrieve the harvested data from their own servers.   That's right, they get you to pay them for the right to do all the legwork in compromising other systems while they sit back and wait for all your data to come to them.  ::)

Wow, that's super gay, thanks for telling me about that, now I'll know to never use those.

Offline Eckhart Tolle

Or can you use any OS?

Thanks

;)

Backtrack is a linux based OS on its own.

Just download, burn to CD, pop in your CD-ROM and boot from the disk.

It doesn't use your computers OS or Harddrive whatsoever.

There is no installation invovled..

It runs off the CD or USB that you copy it too.   ;)

Offline Eckhart Tolle

It's actually a GNU/Linux-based operating system which runs as a "live CD" from a CD, DVD, or USB flash drive. You can burn the ISO to a CD or DVD or you can use UNetBootin to "burn" it to a USB flash drive. I don't know what Linus distro Backtrack 3 is based on, but I do know that Backtrack 4 (currently a beta) is based on Ubuntu (the 8.10 Intrepid Ibex release, I think).

I've had an easier time using Backtrack 4 Beta..

Backtrack 3 didn't recognize my wireless card off the bat.. I had to manually set it up.

BT4 found my wireless card on start up no problems.