MASSIVE PTECH INC. DATA DUMP!!!

Author Topic: MASSIVE PTECH INC. DATA DUMP!!!  (Read 19335 times)

Anti_Illuminati

« on: March 27, 2009, 02:31:42 AM »
This article is so sick it hurts.  This almost makes me cry thinking of the 9/11 families.

http://www.boston.com/news/daily/03/ptech.htm

Software company tries to survive terrorism investigation

By Justin Pope, Associated Press, 01/03/03

QUINCY, Mass. -- Life has quieted down at Ptech Inc. in the month since the software firm's offices were searched by federal agents with television news crews and a wave of devastating publicity hard on their heels.

But it's a bad kind of quiet. Business has slowed, and 17 of 27 workers have been let go.

The remainder are confronting hateful voice message and e-mails. The bank accounts of four employees of Middle Eastern descent have been canceled, without explanation.

"I feel like I'm not allowed to dream," chief executive and co-founder Oussama Ziade said in a recent interview.

Ptech is similar to a thousand other software startups, but its fortunes turned on a distinction: It has connections to Middle Eastern people and groups that have attracted attention from federal authorities investigating the funding of terrorist groups like al-Qaida.

Ptech calls itself an injured bystander in the war on terrorism. Ziade says the company has been assured neither it nor any employees are the target of government investigations, and the government has said use of Ptech's software poses no threat to clients like the FBI and Pentagon.

Ptech says its connections simply reflect how networking takes place at small companies. Investors introduce other investors. Employees refer other employees. It's hardly surprising, the company maintains, that expatriate Middle Easterners should have their own network.

Still, some anti-terrorism experts remain troubled by the variety of the company's ties to groups under suspicion by the U.S. government.

Ptech was born in 1994 when Ziade, who had come to the U.S. from Lebanon to study at Harvard, and co-founder James Cerrato teamed up to develop software that visually represents large amounts of information. The idea was to help complicated organizations like the military and large companies create a picture of how their assets -- people and technology -- work together. Then the software could show how little changes, like combining two departments, might affect the whole. Ptech even thought it might help the new Department of Homeland Security.

Ziade did what any entrepreneur would do: he made calls, milked connections, hoped for a break.

One came from BMI, a New Jersey company that had leased computer equipment to the pair and that introduced Ptech to Sarmany Ltd., an investment company backed by Saudi financier Yasin al-Qadi. Sarmany invested $5 million in Ptech, a quarter of the $20 million Ptech raised from about 50 "angel" investors.

Al-Qadi visited Ptech in 1994, and he and Ziade met several times in Saudi Arabia.

"What we tried to do is keep him interested, because he's connected to a lot of VCs (venture capitalists) in Saudi Arabia," Ziade said. "He's known as an international businessman that has connections."

But al-Qadi wouldn't bite on another round of funding. By all accounts he took little interest in the company, and Ptech figured it had seen the last of him, or at least his money.

A month after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, however, al-Qadi's name surfaced on a U.S. government list of individuals and groups suspected of funding terrorism. Authorities accused him of funneling millions of dollars to al-Qaida through a relief foundation.

Ptech officials say they debated whether to volunteer to authorities that al-Qadi, who remains on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Global Terrorists, was a long-ago investor.

"The management knew about it and we talked to the lawyers about it and said, 'What should we do?"' Ziade said. Because al-Qadi was never a shareholder of record, "the lawyers suggested there is nothing that needs to be done."

Ptech's attention was focused on surviving the post-Sept. 11 slump, which hit it hard. Customers and potential investors closed up their checkbooks. Ptech got a Small Business Administration disaster loan but still had to lay off workers.

It was a troubling time for Muslim employees, who numbered about 25 out of the 200 who have worked there.

"Their religion was being hijacked and they were troubled by that," former chief financial officer George Peterson said. "The employees who had to travel were concerned about being profiled."

Last August, the company's problems suddenly escalated. According to Peterson, a Dubai-based investor who had committed $7 million to the company pulled out of the deal. He apparently feared that a lawsuit filed by victims of the terrorist attacks could freeze the U.S. assets of Middle Eastern investors.

That same month, another former chief financial officer called to say she had been questioned by federal authorities about al-Qadi. Ptech called the FBI and offered full cooperation, but got no response. Over Thanksgiving weekend, Treasury and FBI agents called Peterson, who was CFO for a year in 2001 and 2002.

"They asked questions about, did I know anything unscrupulous going on at Ptech, and I told them I was not aware of any," he said. "They asked me if I was aware of any money laundering that was going on. I said absolutely not."

Again, Ptech contacted the FBI, but heard nothing until agents from the Customs service and other agencies said they wanted to take a look around on Dec. 6.

As Ptech executives let the agents in and helped them find the paperwork they were looking for, reporters got wind of the search, surrounded Ptech's offices and went door-to-door in executives' neighborhoods to ask about the people who worked there. The media frenzy prompted the U.S. Attorney's office to issue an unusual statement saying it was premature to suggest the investigation was terrorism related.

Ptech's lawyer, Mark Berthiaume, stressed that Ptech had no reason to be alarmed by al-Qadi, who has denied funding terrorism.

"Throughout this period in the 1990s, until Qadi was put on the list in 2001, he was a very well-respected businessman in the Saudi community," Berthiaume said. He claimed Al-Qadi had met with former President Jimmy Carter and with Dick Cheney before the latter became vice president. A spokeswoman for Cheney, Jennifer Miller Wise, said Friday she had no reason to believe the vice president had met with al-Qadi before he assumed the office.

Ziade said Ptech had no business dealings with al-Qadi after he appeared on the list, though Ziade "ran into him" recently in Saudi Arabia.

Al-Qadi's appearance on the list was not the first time his name surfaced in connection with terrorism funding, however. Nor was al-Qadi the only link between Ptech and groups that have attracted authorities' attention.

-- In a 1998 FBI affidavit, al-Qadi was said to have provided a loan related to a complex land deal in Chicago that was used to fund Hamas, the Palestinian terrorist group.

The loan was instructed to be repaid to Qadi International, care of BMI, the company that introduced Ptech to Sarmany, and "Attn: Gamel Ahmed." Ahmed was Ptech's comptroller for about a year-and-a-half in the mid 1990s.

Both BMI and Ptech also employed Hussein Ibrahim, an adjunct professor at Columbia. Ziade said BMI had no other connection with the company than the lease and the introduction to Sarmany.

-- In March, federal authorities investigating terror funding raided businesses controlled by Sterling Advisory Services, whose chief executive was Yaqub Mirza. Mirza served on a Ptech advisory board.

He had been recommended to Ptech by an investor (not al-Qadi), Ziade said.

"He took some companies public and understood high-tech, and I understood he had a lot of connections in the industry," Ziade said. A six-month background check turned up nothing but praise.

Ptech declined to say whether Mirza also invested in Ptech, but papers filed in Virginia and obtained by The Investigative Project, an anti-terrorism think-tank, indicate Sterling controlled a company called "Ptech Fund LLC."

After the raid, Mirza offered to resign from Ptech but the company declined.

"I learned about it, and I called the other board members and talked to other people in management and talked to other companies (whose board) he sits on," Ziade said. "They told me in America people are innocent until proven guilty."

Mirza eventually resigned, in September, to give Ziade more freedom, Ziade said.

-- Until August, Ptech employed Suheil Laher, listed as an officer at Care International, a Massachusetts charity that has reportedly been investigated by authorities for possible financial ties to terrorists.

And Ptech still employs Muhamed Mubayyid, Care's treasurer, who donated $360 to the Alkifah Refugees Center in Brooklyn, N.Y., according to a receipt obtained by The Investigative Project. The center was named by federal prosecutors as the center of the conspiracy to bomb the World Trade Center in 1993.

A note on the donation's receipt reads: "Make checks payable to Dr. Abdullah Azam." Azam is believed to have been a mentor of Osama bin Laden.

There is no indication the money was used for anything besides charity. Another note on the receipt reads: "When you support an orphan or handicap according to forms 3/4, he will send you a copy + photograph of the orphan/handicap and all the information."

Through an e-mail, Mubayyid declined to comment. The FBI and Customs Service also declined to comment.

To Ziade, those connections are distant and inconsequential. In the start-up world, people simply tend to know each other, so connections aren't surprising. BMI introduced Sarmany; Mirza was recommended by other entrepreneurs; Laher was referred by a co-worker who attended the same mosque.

"It's a small world," Ziade said. "You have a small community here. People sometimes refer and say, 'This a good engineer."'

But The Investigative Project's Matt Epstein said that, while he doesn't believe Ptech's software poses any kind of threat, the sheer coincidence of so many such connections emerging in one small company is worrisome.

"It's more a question of what kind of people are we giving access to our government institutions," he said. "If it's the same guys our government is investigating, that's a problem."

These days, Ziade is trying to rebuild his company and its reputation. New business has dried up, and a research firm advised clients to take business elsewhere because Ptech would likely be "distracted." Ptech has told customers it may consider reorganizing under a new name.

Ziade says he is angry not at the government, but at the media, and only hopes people will see through the stories.

The company's experience troubles Imam Talal Eid of the New England Islamic Center, where several Ptech employees worship.

"Now every time they put out a resume that says they were with Ptech, they'll hear Ptech was 'suspected,"' he said. "Go ahead and investigate someone, but don't destroy him if he's innocent."

Ziade says his only hope for Ptech is that people will see through media coverage of the company. But he is not optimistic.

The terrorists, he said, "are winning by killing our fabric, by killing our morals, by killing our values."

"We are American like the others and we are part of this fabric," he said.

Offline Unintelligable Name

Re: If you thought you were awake, wait until you read this
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 02:37:47 AM »
Die Ptech Die.

Mike Philbin

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 03:25:55 AM »
man, I'm so looking forward to your guest hour on the Jason Bermas show on Wednesday.

please stay as calm as  you can, prepare notes, topics, be concise, get the information across

and good luck...

:)

Offline RonPaulRocks

• Neocons Beware!
    • Calgary 9/11 Truth
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 03:45:50 AM »
Maybe they didn't get the memo, 9/11 was an inside job!  f**k I hate all this bashing of Arabs when they were totally innocent on 9/11.  I just watched the movie Flightplan and Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay and both films had this hatred in there.
Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.  -- George Orwell

Anti_Illuminati

Re: Virtually unreported/rare Ptech related news stories from the past
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 03:34:00 AM »
Rare, Damning Video

FBI agent: I was stymied in terror probe

By Nicholas M. Horrock
UPI Chief White House Correspondent
From the Washington Politics & Policy Desk
Published 5/30/2002 7:04 PM

WASHINGTON, May 30 (UPI) -- A Chicago FBI agent charged Thursday that colleagues stymied his efforts to investigate the funding of Middle East terrorists in 1994 and 1995 to keep cushy surveillance assignments going and protect their jobs.

Special Agent Robert Wright said these activities "allowed foreign-born terrorist operatives, such as the perpetrators of the Sept. 11 attacks, to engage in illegal activities in the United States." He also disclosed that a Muslim FBI agent had accused him of religious discrimination during the investigation and he made public a sworn statement he had given on the charges.

Wright, who is attached to the Chicago Field Office of the FBI, held a Washington news conference sponsored by Judicial Watch -- a private, conservative watch dog group -- at which he read from and released a copy of a lawsuit he has launched against the FBI, and an exchange of letters about a book he is seeking to publish. He declined to answer questions.

In the lawsuit -- against the FBI and "unknown officials" of the FBI -- filed in the U.S. District Court in Washington, Wright said that agents attached to the FBI's International Terrorism Unit in 1994 and 1995 did not want terror suspects prosecuted and stymied his efforts prepare cases of their involvement in "well organized criminal activities."

"Indeed, there existed a concerted effort on the part of agents conducting counter-terrorism intelligence investigations to insulate the subjects of their investigations from criminal investigation and prosecution.

"The motive for this conduct his simple and quite disturbing," Wright charged. He said that by preventing the criminal prosecution of the subjects of their intelligence gathering "these intelligence agents avoided the new and additional work that would be required..." He said once these agents had a case going, "they would 'milk it' for years, not taking on any additional work." They regarded Wright and others who wanted to prosecute suspects "as a threat to their job security."

The net result, according to the lawsuit, was that "the FBI was merely gathering intelligence so they would know who to arrest when a terrorist attack occurred."

The suit said that one agent withheld the location and status of a terrorism suspect to stymie Wright's effort to find him. He said the bureau did not attempt to organize the various reports of terrorist activity that were coming in from around the country. Wright said it was his own analysis that discovered that "not for profit organizations were being used by the U.S.-based Hamas terrorist group as front organizations" to recruit, organize and train Hamas terrorists.

Hamas is a extremist Islamic group that says it carries out social welfare work in the Palestinian Territories, but which has also conducted and claimed credit for terrorist actions -- including suicide bombings -- against Israel.

The suit claims Wright initiated a corollary "Act of Terrorism" criminal investigation "against FBI management wishes," which led to a successful investigation code named "Vulgar Betrayal" and, on June 9, 1998, to the seizure of $1.4 million funds destined for terrorist activities.

Wright said in his suit that the "seized funds" were linked directly to Saudi businessman Yassim Kadi and that on Oct. 12, 2001 Yassin Kadi, a.k.a. Yassin Al-Qadi, was designated by the U.S. government as a financial supporter of Osama bin Laden.

An FBI spokesman said it had no direct comment on Wright's charges because of his pending lawsuit. The spokesman confirmed that the case, Vulgar Betrayal, was conducted by a task force including Wright. He said that the investigation found no connection to the 19 hijackers who carried out the Sept. 11 attacks or to those events.

Wright also released an 11-page sworn statement he said he provided Special Agent Mark Van Steenberg who was investigating charges by an unnamed Muslim agent who said he was discriminated against on the basis of being a Muslim and of Arab-Middle Eastern national origin.

Among the charges was that Wright "insinuated in a telephone call" on May 26, 1999, that Hamas had infiltrated the FBI through the Muslim agent and that the agent had refused to wear a recording device, allegations which damaged the Muslim agent's "professional reputation (and) questioned his integrity, credibility and loyalty to the United States of America."

Wright denied accusing the agent of being a plant for Hamas, but said that because of the agent's unwillingness to wear a wire in the investigation, he was concerned that the agent's religion was interfering with his duties.
Copyright © 2002 United Press International

Mike Philbin

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 04:21:09 AM »
I WANT THE TRUTH NOW, GODDAMMIT

and do go all Jack Nicholson* on me MSM and claim, "You can't handle the truth."

You The People, yes we can handle the truth. If people need trying for treason against their country via some corporate-funded black projects, then let the dice roll.

Me, I want to KNOW - I'm sick of living in the dark.

I WANT THE TRUTH NOW, GODDAMMIT, NOT TOMORROW, NOT IN FORTY YEARS TIME (like the JFK assassination) I WANT TO NOW TODAY (!)

* A Few Good Men - what an anathema.

Offline White Rose Sophie

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2009, 04:45:58 AM »
Maybe they didn't get the memo, 9/11 was an inside job!  f**k I hate all this bashing of Arabs when they were totally innocent on 9/11.  I just watched the movie Flightplan and Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay and both films had this hatred in there.

It is for a purpose.  To get Muslims and Christians and Jews all hating and fighting each other.

Divide and conquer, as usual.

Anti_Illuminati

Briton found guilty of murdering US wife, daughter
June 26, 2008 - 6:26AM
Source: ABC
British man Neil Entwistle has been found guilty of murder for fatally shooting his wife and baby daughter at their home in the US state of Massachusetts two years ago.

"We find the defendant guilty of murder in the first degree," the jury foreman said, as he read out the verdict against the Briton.

Entwistle faces life in prison for killing his wife Rachel, 27, and their nine-month-old daughter Lillian.

He is scheduled to be sentenced Thursday morning around 10:00am (local time).

Prosecutors said Entwistle stole a .22-calibre gun from his wife's parents' home during a September 2005 visit.

They said his DNA was found on the gun, which he then replaced after the January 2006 killings.

After the murders, Entwistle flew on a one-way ticket to his parents' home in Worksop, in Britain's east midlands.

He was arrested in London on February 8, 2006 and brought back to the United States to face charges.

Entwistle and his parents showed no emotion when the verdict was read.

- AFP

Well, well, well... Look what we have here:

http://www.opednews.com/articles/Did-Neil-Entwistle-Murder-by-Dean-Jackson-080915-719.html

Did Neil Entwistle Murder His Wife And Daughter

by Dean Jackson

When compared to the media circus that surrounded the pretrial investigation and ultimate trial and conviction of Scott Peterson in 2005 for the murder of his wife Laci and unborn child Conner, the recently concluded Neil Entwistle murder case doesn't even register a whisper. This is very curious. The Neil Entwistle case had all the elements necessary for a media circus"-a wife shot to death in her home along with her 9-month old daughter, plus an international angle where the suspect husband flees back home to England.

One would think that programs such as Nancy Grace, Anderson Cooper 360, Verdict with Dan Abrams and Larry King Live would have milked the tragedy for all it was worth as they had the Scott Peterson case or the still unsolved 2005 disappearance of Natalee Holloway in Aruba incident, but there was no coverage. This silence is a story in itself.

Except for periodic coverage of the trial on Court TV, the only mention in the media of Neil Entwistle after wife Rachel and daughter Lillian were found dead were two curt dispatches announcing Neil's arrival back in the United States in February 2006 to stand trial, and his conviction on June 25, 2008. That's it! What caused this self-imposed media blackout costing valuable advertising dollars? Before we get to that story, let's first examine the many oddities that swirl around the Neil Entwistle case.

The first sign that something was amiss was Neil Entwistle's extradition flight back to the United States. Instead of flying coach on a commercial airliner as is usual in extradition cases, Neil, in the custody of United States marshals, was ""-returning to the U.S. on a private flight" according to British police.1 Hold on, though. The flight back to the United States gets even more interesting. It would seem not only were authorities in Massachusettes interested in getting Neil Entwistle back to the United States, and in a comfortable fashion no less, but so was the Central Intelligence Agency, because the "private flight" Neil flew back on was, according to former NSA officer Wayne Madsen, a "CIA Gulfstream"-previously used to fly "renditioned" Al Qaeda suspects around the world."2 Madsen reports "After questions were raised [from reporters] about the use of the Gulfstream, Massachusetts authorities claimed it had merely "rented" the U.S. government's aircraft for the sole purpose of transporting Entwistle."3 This explanation is, of course, ludicrous. Agency aircraft are not lent out. Such an action would constitute a serious security breach even if the temporary passengers were Americans.

The story gets even odder! After initially landing at "Bangor, Maine, to pass customs, [Neil Entwistle] then flew to"-Hanscom Air Force Base in Bedford, Mass."4 So instead of flying directly to Boston Logan Airport, first the CIA Gulfstream lands at Bangor, Maine to pass customs then proceeds to Hamscom Air Force Base. Of course, this round about process could have been handled more expeditiously by landing at Boston Logan Airport in the first place. Then again if Neil Entwistle had landed at Boston Logan Airport, reporters there would not have been so restrained in their coverage of his return as they would be on a military base. Madsen notes one aspect of the media's restraint at Hamscom as "TV footage of the aircraft [CIA Gulfstream] studiously avoided showing the plane's tail number."5

You're probably thinking to yourself this is one strange story, and it couldn't get any stranger. Wrong. Like a good thriller (or a bad thriller), the odyssey of Neil Entwistle goes seriously serpentine.

Madsen reports, "Entwistle's firm, Embedded New Technologies (ENT), reportedly had connections to the Braintree, Massachusetts-based firm P-Tech, which was investigated subsequent to 911 by the FBI for ties to Muslim Brotherhood financiers linked to Al Qaeda. P-Tech also had software contracts for the FAA, NORAD, Pentagon, and White House during the 9-11 terrorist attacks."6 Well, well, well, that would certainly explain the keen interest the CIA had in Neil Entwistle.

If you remember, during the 9/11 attacks FAA radar was continuing to pick up false contacts after the NORAD war games going on that morning were called off, confusing Air Traffic Control's response to the attacks.7 Was this the work of P-Tech who we learn had a software contract with the FAA during the 9/11 attacks? Before we answer that question, we need to know who was behind P-Tech - where did P-Tech get its financing - and how did P-Tech become such an influential provider of software to departments and agencies of the United States government?

A senior consultant to JPMorganChase and Risk, Indira Singh was tasked in April 2002 with developing a next-generation, operational, risk blueprint that "would proactively identify exposures, including money laundering, rogue trading, and illicit financing patterns."8 Indira reached out to the top people in her profession for recommendations on software companies that could assist her on the project. The responses Indira got were unanimous. P-Tech, a software company based in Quincy, Massachusetts, would fit the job Indira was told.

Indira invited representatives from P-Tech to pay a visit to her firm for a demonstration of the company's software. When they arrived alarm bells immediately started to go off in Indira's head. P-Tech hadn't brought the software to the demonstration, but assured Indira that they could develop the software on the laptop they had brought with them. All they needed to do was hook onto the Internet at the workstation Indira had prepared for the demonstration. This is a serious breach of standard operating procedure in the software business, for at the end of the day, according to Indira, "he's walking out the door and I don't have anything and he's walking away with pretty much enough of how we're thinking about doing operational risk. Operational Risk is about how to spot bad things that are going on in a financial institution, things like rogue trading, money laundering, and so on and so forth."9

With the P-Tech representatives still on site, Indira excused herself and called several colleagues who had initially recommended P-Tech to her. When she informed one individual that P-Tech was on site, the individual asked why she brought them to her work place. The individual advised Indira to watch them closely. These responses were not what Indira expected, especially from individuals who had recommended P-Tech to her. And so started an eight month odyssey where Indira learned from P-Tech employees and FBI agents that P-Tech was a "cutout", "a front"-a regular CIA front"-"10 Indira also learned that P-Tech's main financing came from Yassin Al-Kadi, a Saudi businessman, according to Jeff Goins, Vice President of Sales for P-Tech. With this information, Indira went online and discovered that Yassin Kadi had been placed on the FBI terror list in October, 2001.11

On June 28, 2002 Indira Singh was fired from JPMorganChase because she refused to stop investigating P-Tech and warning other businesses and clients of P-Tech's terrorist linked financing. On December 5, 2002 U.S. Customs, FBI, IRS, Secret Service, INS and the Massachusetts State Police raided the Ouincy, Massachusetts offices of P-Tech.12 The raid, however, was a fraud. The only reason P-Tech was raided was due to the incessant and embarrassing questions Indira was asking about the company and its terrorist linked financing. After the raid P-Tech changed its name to Go Agile, and the FBI investigation fizzled out.

One can now begin to appreciate the reason for the media blackout on the Entwistle case. P-Tech was a "protected" company used by elements within the United States intelligence community. P-Tech's software allowed the United States intelligence community to manipulate computer networks, such as placing phantom radar contacts on FAA radar monitors during the 9/11 attacks. Just the type of work Entwistle was involved with according to the latest from Wayne Madsen:

"[Madsen] has recently learned from knowledgeable U.S. Intelligence Community sources that Entwistle's contract for P-Tech involved "wiring backdoors" into the computer systems of the FAA, NORAD, Pentagon, and White House to bring about the operational collapse of the computer systems during the morning of 9/11."13

So did Neil Entwistle kill his wife? The forensic evidence supports what Neil Entwistle and defense council maintained at the trial, that Rachel Entwistle murdered her nine-month old child and then killed herself. The police found no gunshot residue in Neil's car,15 but did find gunshot residue on Rachel's hands.16

So why did Neil Entwistle flee to England? If he was innocent, certainly fleeing the country is a good indicator that he was guilty, one might conclude. Fleeing the scene of a crime, or the country where the crime was committed, is not proof of guilt. For instance, an innocent individual who witnessed a murder but didn't know the murder victim, or an innocent individual that witnessed a murder and did knew the victim, but knows that the authorities would have no reason to believe he/she witnessed the murder, flee such crime scenes all the time, and usually do so because the witness doesn't want to be wrongly implicated in the crime. Running in this instance, however, would present more problems for Neil Entwistle than remaining to face the authorities' questions. Since Neil Entwistle was the husband and father of the victims, there is every reason for the authorities to suspect that he was the murderer, and therefore there would be no good reason for him to run if he didn't want to compound the authorities' suspicions.

Unless.

Unless you worked for a terrorist funded software company that sabotaged the United States defense computer network on September 11, 2001, thereby resulting in the deaths of 3,000 individuals. With such knowledge, and now with the spotlight thrown on you thanks to your wife's suicide and the murder of your baby, you might get the feeling that someone out there may try to silence you, not necessarily because they think you will give something away, but because you might give something away, either knowingly or unknowingly. The mere fact that the spotlight is on you would be enough reason in itself to silence you, because now you are widely known to have been associated with a company that was raided by the FBI for alleged terrorist connections, a company that provided key software to several government agencies that inexplicably failed to protect the nation on the morning of 9/11. That spotlight bathing you would make a lot of people nervous. One can therefore understand how Neil Entwistle would feel safer back home in England.

Ironically enough the dearth of media attention in the Neil Entwistle case may afford him better prospects in a new trial. If Neil Entwistle does get a new trial, let it not take place in Middlesex. Emotions there are just too high to afford Neil Entwistle a fair and impartial hearing.

One final note. What of the adult websites Neil Entwistle visited days before the deaths of Rachel and Lillian?17 Well, before you jump to conclusions, could Neil Entwistle have been encoding those sites for the FBI? You find that difficult to believe? Then why didn't the prosecution present the witnesses that Neil Entwistle had extramarital relationships with? Those witnesses would have been quite easy to find. The reason no such witnesses were presented by the prosecution is because Neil Entwistle wasn't trolling those websites for personnel reasons. He was literally on the job when he was in those adult websites!

1. http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=1622262&page=1

2. http://noquarterusa.net/blog/2008/01/23/more-on-the-sibel-edmonds-case/

3. Ibid.

4. http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=1622262&page=1

5. http://noquarterusa.net/blog/2008/01/23/more-on-the-sibel-edmonds-case/

6. Ibid.

7. http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=GEO20051116&articleId=1268

8.http://reprehensor.gnn.tv/blogs/11292/Indira_Singh_Ground_Zero_911_Blueprint_For_Terror_Part_One

9.http://reprehensor.gnn.tv/blogs/11484/Indira_Singh_Ground_Zero_911_Blueprint_For_Terror_Part_Two

10. Ibid.

11. Ibid.

12. http://seclists.org/politech/2002/Dec/0014.html

13. http://www.waynemadsenreport.com/articles/20080626

14.http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/2159552/It-was-suicide,-Neil-Entwistle-trial-told.html

15.http://www.beloblog.com/ProJo_Blogs/newsblog/archives/2008/06/woburn_mass_jur_1.html

luckee1

This is a most bewildering story. 

Do you think they are preparing for the exposure to the inside job?  What with those Engineers who are suing for a reinvestigation of 911.

Offline White Rose Sophie

This is a most bewildering story. 

Do you think they are preparing for the exposure to the inside job?  What with those Engineers who are suing for a reinvestigation of 911.

Yes, this is very strange.  What if he didn't kill his wife and child, and the wife didn't kill herself?  Could it have been a warning to him?

Anti_Illuminati

Re: Ultra - rare mass data dump of Ptech related news articles
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 12:46:02 AM »
http://www.wired.com/politics/law/news/2002/12/56758

Ptech Linked to al-Qaida?
Associated Press Email 12.06.02

WASHINGTON -- A Massachusetts software company whose clients include the FBI, Air Force and Navy was searched by federal agents looking for links to a Saudi businessman who in turn is believed to be connected to al-Qaida, government officials said Friday.

Agents from the Customs Service, FBI, Internal Revenue Service and other agencies, armed with a search warrant, went to the offices of Ptech late Thursday to look for information on Yasin al-Qadi. He is on the Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Global Terrorists whose assets should be immediately frozen.

Al-Qadi, who is from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, heads the Saudi-based Muwafaq (Blessed Relief) Foundation, which Treasury officials allege is an al-Qaida front used to funnel millions of dollars to the terrorist organization.

No arrests were made but agents did recover evidence from Ptech, which consented to the search. Officials declined to specify what was found. U.S. Attorney Michael J. Sullivan of Boston said the search involved "an ongoing financial crime investigation" but said an affidavit supporting the warrant was sealed by court order.

Federal law enforcement officials say al-Qadi once was a key investor in Ptech, located in the Boston suburb of Quincy. They want to know whether al-Qadi still has a relationship with the company and whether information obtained in the search could lead them to other entities with which he was involved, a law enforcement official said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

Joseph Johnson, vice president of professional services at Ptech, said al-Qadi has no ties to the company now but "may have had something to do with it nine years ago" when the company started.

"There isn't anything going on here," Johnson said. "We're a small software company. What we do doesn't give us access to information that is top secret."

Ptech provides sophisticated financial tracking and budgeting software to big companies and to numerous government agencies, including the FBI, Energy Department, Air Force, Navy, NATO and the House.

The software is not involved in classified areas but does handle sensitive data.

The company's software code was checked by the government to determine if outsiders could read or steal any sensitive data from the government, or embed the code with something destructive, officials said. Those checks began months ago, when the probe of Ptech started.

"The material has been reviewed by the appropriate government agencies and they have detected absolutely nothing in their reports to the White House that would lead to any concern," said White House spokesman Ari Fleischer.

White House officials helped coordinate the search but "didn't orchestrate this," Fleischer said. "Anything that may be terrorist-related, of course, gets coordinated with the White House," he said.

No one answered the door or the phone Friday at the home of the company's chairman and chief executive officer, Oussama Ziade. A man who answered the phone at the home of Vice President Hussein Ibrahim said Ibrahim was unavailable. Neither Ziade nor Ibrahim appear on any government lists of suspected terrorists.

Public records in Massachusetts say Ptech has ties to BMI Inc., a now-defunct Seacaucus, New Jersey, company that law enforcement officials also have linked to al-Qadi. Johnson said he had no knowledge of a BMI connection; the records show BMI financed Ptech computer and telephone equipment during the 1990s.

Federal law enforcement officials said the Ptech connection to al-Qadi was disclosed months ago by Ptech employees themselves. The FBI has been investigating the case for months and recently was joined by the Customs Service, which obtained the search warrant.

The investigation is part of a broader Customs-led program known as "Operation Green Quest," a multiagency task force that has served 114 search warrants in the past 14 months involving suspected terrorist financing networks. The effort has resulted in 50 arrests, 28 indictments and the seizure of about $27.4 million, Customs officials said.
_______________________________________________________________________________________
http://s3.amazonaws.com/911timeline/2002/bostonglobe120702.html

FBI Reportedly Didn't Act on Ptech Tips

by Ralph Ranalli
The Boston Globe
December 7, 2002

The Boston FBI office received two reports that a Quincy software company had financial ties to a suspected terrorist financier but acted on neither, according to law enforcement and government officials and a televised report.

A whistle-blower from Ptech Inc. told the Boston FBI in October 2001 that the company was being financially backed by Yasin al-Qadi, a Saudi businessman whose US assets were frozen after the Sept. 11 attacks amid allegations that he has funded terrorist groups, including Al Qaeda and Hamas, a Bush administration official and a former Clinton administration official involved in the case said yesterday.

WBZ-TV reported last night that a second whistle-blower went to the Boston FBI office this past June with allegations that the company had financial ties to the suspected terrorist financier.

A spokeswoman from the FBI's Boston office denied that it had failed to follow up on leads about Ptech's financial backing.

''That is not accurate,'' spokeswoman Gail Marcinkiewicz said. ''This investigation has been going on for quite some time, and it was jointly decided by the FBI and Customs that Customs would take the lead.''

WBZ reported that a former Ptech consultant named Indira Singh came forward this past June.

Singh said last night in an interview on WBZ that she told the FBI ''in no uncertain terms'' about the connection between Ptech and Qadi. She said that weeks after talking to the Boston FBI, she was ''shocked'' and ''frustrated'' to learn that the FBI still had not alerted any of the government agencies using Ptech software that there were questions about the company's ties to suspected terrorist fund-raisers.

Ptech has sold information management software to a range of government agencies, including the Army, Air Force, Congress, the White House, the Federal Aviation Administration, and the FBI.

The FBI, the officials said, didn't aggressively pursue the initial October 2001 tip, prompting that whistle-blower to go to other government officials this past summer. The US Customs Service ended up leading the investigation, and the search Thursday night and yesterday of Ptech's headquarters.

News that the FBI may have ignored the tips comes after a recent scathing memo from top FBI officials to the bureau's field offices complaining that not enough is being done to combat terrorism.

The New York Times reported last month that Bruce Gebhardt, the FBI's deputy director, sent a memo to the FBI's 56 field offices, saying he was ''amazed and astounded'' that field supervisors were not committing essential resources to fighting terrorism.

The allegation is the latest in a series of embarrassments for the Boston FBI office, including a failure to follow up on bank robber Gary Sampson's offer to surrender before he went on a killing spree, and the scandal over the agency's coddling of murderous organized crime informants.

Documents provided to the Globe by The Investigative Project, a Washington, D.C.-based terrorism research organization, show that two of Ptech's founding directors were former employees of BMI, a now-defunct collection of Islamic finance companies that was targeted in an investigation by the FBI's Chicago office.

''BMI was an Islamic financial institution that would loan money in an Islamically permissible manner,'' said Matthew Epstein, director of research for The Investigative Project.

''According to the FBI, they were involved in Hamas financing activities and potentially involved in the 1998 US Embassy bombings in Africa,'' he said.

BMI was targeted by the FBI's Chicago office in a probe of alleged money laundering and funnelling of funds to terrorist groups like Hamas.

BMI also shared office space in Secaucus, N.J. with Qadi International, an organization controlled by Qadi.

According to state records, two of Ptech's founding directors were former officials with BMI. One of the directors, Soliman Biheiri, was quoted in Management Review magazine as the ''president of BMI Leasing'' in an article about financial institutions that adhered to Islamic law.

Another director, Hussein Ibrahim, is currently listed as Ptech's vice president and chief scientist.

Ibrahim's resume, filed with the US General Services Administration as part of the company's application to do business with the US government, lists his prior employment from 1989 to 1995 as a vice president of BMI.

Michael Kranish of the Globe Staff contributed to this report.
Ralph Ranalli can be reached at [email protected].

Anti_Illuminati

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2009, 01:30:40 AM »
http://www.americanreformation.org/Articles/GlennJackson/RandomThoughts.htm

Random Thoughts

It’s Still the Saudis
By Glenn R. Jackson

Sami al-Mutairi apparently shot and killed an American worker in Kuwait this week.  He was captured Wednesday trying to cross the border into Saudi Arabia.  Kuwaiti authorities believe that Sami al-Mutairi was not working alone, and that at least two others were in on the terrorist plot.  This is the third “isolated” terror incident in Kuwait since the start of the Terror war and the U.S. buildup in the Gulf preparing for the preemptive war with Iraq.

Now I don’t know about you, but if I was one of these terrorist guys and I needed to escape wouldn’t I flee to a safe and friendly haven?

Kuwait borders Saudi Arabia and Iraq, and Sami al-Mutairi is apprehended fleeing into…Saudi Arabia.  According to President Bush and his war cabinet, Iraq is the mother of all terror sponsors, sympathetic to Al Qaeda and any number of other terror organizations, and this Kuwaiti terrorist runs in the wrong direction?

Liberated Kuwaitis are killing their American liberators (this is the third such event), these killers are terrorist, terrorists are supported by Iraq, and this terrorist seeks safety in the safe haven of an American ally, Saudi Arabia.  Tell me again that the Bush team has this all figured out!

Conclusion:

Iraq is the same threat to the U.S. that it has always been, none.  The problems faced in the region and in the Terror War stem from a religion (Islam), not a state.  Do not be surprised to find that the Saudis want the U.S. to take out Hussein more so than anyone else, only they don’t want to say so. The region fears Iraq more then they do the terrorist or militant Islam, so they will support the U.S. while making strong public protest.  An attack on Iraq will serve to strengthen the hold of militant Islam on the region and the religion because it will eliminate a competitor.

Ptech Software, a Boston area software company, was started by Chief Executive Officer Oussama Ziadé to provide government agencies, including the FBI and branches of the military, with software to help them become more efficient.  Unfortunately Ptech has been associated with Yasin al-Qadi (or al-Kadi), the Saudi head of the Muwafaq Foundation an organization suspected of financing terrorist like Al Qaeda.

Ptech Software is a privately held company with annual revenues in the $100 million range, but was 4 years old before it landed its first customer.  This is the model of a company that had significant venture capital to keep it afloat.

Yasin al-Qadi sits on the board of a Nevada firm called Global Diamond Resources, and is a major investor in a Canadian firm, MIT Ventures (Forbes).  According to a Forbes report al-Qadi is on a CIA list of 12 Saudis allegedly funneling money to Al Qaeda.  The government’s fear is that Ptech Software is providing software to sensitive government organizations during this Terror War with built-in “backdoors” into their software products that would allow access to confidential and secret information.

Ptech Software also uses a significant number of “guest” worker visas, like H-1B (loosely tracked) and L-1 (not effectively tracked) visas.  This should raise additional concerns regarding the governments fear regarding “backdoor” entry into Ptech Software products.

Conclusion:

OK it is still the Saudis, not an Iraqi in the bunch.  The Saudis have too much money and too much access to American officials to be held accountable.  National security continues to be compromised by Saudi influence.

Beyond that, national security continues to be compromised by weak or nonexistent immigration controls.  Again, the tip of this Ptech Software iceberg is not so much the financing (we get that picture), but the role that immigration and “guest” worker programs play in the dangers to America.  To fear that a software product has “backdoors” built into the software product you must necessarily fear the people doing the programming.  American IT professionals, i.e. American programmers and support, would not knowingly aid such an effort.

INSERT:  This part is not entirely true (although the author has a point and the point is totally valid regarding the rest of what it says), as there are confirmed traitors that are Americans who fully relish in the destruction of their own country, such any of the Americans who work for SAIC, MITRE, GMU System Architectures Lab, AFRL, etc.

The influx of massive numbers of technology replacement workers from around the world, bringing with them allegiances to who knows who (without a full FBI investigation) is a catastrophe in the making, and the U.S. government is turning a blind eye to the threat.

INSERT:  No, they aren't turning a blind eye at all, THIS IS BY DESIGN, IT IS 100% DELIBERATE.

Glenn Jackson is Chairman of the American Reformation Project and a columnist for USA Daily.  His columns also appear on EtherZone.  Glenn is also a  former State Chairman for Buchanan 2000 Presidential campaign, and former state Chairman of the Georgia Freedom Party.  Glenn holds an MA in Philosophy from Georgia State University in Atlanta.               

© Glenn R. Jackson

Offline chrsswtzr

Timeline: Ptech, US Govt, 9/11, Operation Greenquest & The Money Trail
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2009, 12:09:29 AM »
Ptech Inc. aka GoAgile was a participant or observer in the following events:

1994: Ptech Founded with Support from Suspected Terrorism Financiers

Ptech is founded in 1994 by Oussama Ziade, Hussein Ibrahim, and James Cerrato. Ziade came from Lebanon to study at Harvard University. As the Associated Press will describe it, Ptech’s “idea was to help complicated organizations like the military and large companies create a picture of how their assets—people and technology—work together. Then the software could show how little changes, like combining two departments, might affect the whole.” They raise $20 million to start the company. A number of Ptech employees and investors will later be suspected of having ties to groups that have been designated by the US as terrorist organizations: [WALL STREET JOURNAL, 12/6/2002; ASSOCIATED PRESS, 1/3/2003]

Yassin al-Qadi, a Saudi multimillionaire. He will invest $5 million of Ptech’s start-up money. The US will declare him an al-Qaeda financier shortly after 9/11 (see October 12, 2001). In 1998, al-Qadi will come under investigation by FBI agent Robert Wright (see October 1998) for potential ties to the 1998 US embassy bombings (see 10:35-10:39 a.m., August 7, 1998). Al-Qadi is also a major investor in BMI Inc., an investment firm with connections to a remarkable number of suspected terrorist financiers (see 1986-October 1999). Al-Qadi later will claims that he sold his investment in Ptech in 1999, but there will be evidence he may continue to hold a financial stake after that year, and even after the US will officially declare him a terrorism financier (see 1999-After October 12, 2001). [WALL STREET JOURNAL, 12/6/2002; ASSOCIATED PRESS, 1/3/2003]

Gamel Ahmed, Ptech’s comptroller in the mid-1990s. One al-Qadi loan Wright will investigate also involves Ahmed. [ASSOCIATED PRESS, 1/3/2003]

Hussein Ibrahim, Ptech vice president and chief scientist. He also serves as vice president and then president of BMI from 1989 until 1995. He has no known direct terrorism finance connections, but it has been reported that al-Qadi brought Ibrahim into Ptech as his representative. [WALL STREET JOURNAL, 12/6/2002; WBZ 4 (BOSTON), 12/9/2002; ASSOCIATED PRESS, 1/3/2003]

Soliman Biheiri. He is the head of BMI and a member of Ptech’s board. US prosecutors will later call him the US banker for the Muslim Brotherhood, a banned Egyptian militant group. He will later be convicted for lying and immigration fraud (see June 15, 2003). [FRONTPAGE MAGAZINE, 6/17/2005]

Abdurahman Alamoudi. He is one of Ptech’s founders, as well as an investor in BMI. In 2004, the US will sentence him to 23 years in prison for illegal dealings with Libya (see October 15, 2004). [WASHINGTON POST, 10/16/2004; FRONTPAGE MAGAZINE, 6/17/2005]

Muhammed Mubayyid and Suheil Laheir. Neither have any known direct ties to terrorism financing. However, both are longtime Ptech employees whom formerly worked for Care International, a Boston-based suspect Islamic charity (not to be confused with a large international charity having the same name). [WALL STREET JOURNAL, 12/6/2002] In 2005, Mubayyid will be charged with conspiring to defraud the US and making false statements to the FBI. Care International had previously been the Boston branch of the Al-Kifah Refugee Center (see [a0493kifahboston]]) and a recruitment office for Mektab al Khidmat (MAK), the precursor organization to al-Qaeda (see 1985-1989). Laheir, Ptech’s chief architect, wrote many articles in support of Islamic holy war. He frequently quoted Abdullah Azzam, bin Laden’s mentor. [FRONTPAGE MAGAZINE, 6/17/2005]

Yaqub Mirza. He is a Ptech investor and on a Ptech advisory board. He directs SAAR, a multi-million dollar network of companies and charities in Herndon, Virginia (see July 29, 1983). In March 2002, US investigators will raid the SAAR network for suspected terrorism ties (see March 20, 2002). In late 2002, the Wall Street Journal will report, “US officials privately say Mr. Mirza and his associates also have connections to al-Qaeda and to other entities officially listed by the US as sponsors of terrorism.” [WALL STREET JOURNAL, 12/6/2002; WBZ 4 (BOSTON), 12/9/2002; ASSOCIATED PRESS, 1/3/2003]

BMI itself directly invests in Ptech. It also gives Ptech a founding loan, and leases Ptech much of its office and computer equipment. [WALL STREET JOURNAL, 12/6/2002; ASSOCIATED PRESS, 1/3/2003] Ptech president Ziade and other Ptech employees will claim that all of their ties to suspected terrorist financiers are coincidental. By 2002, Ptech will have annual revenues of up to $10 million. [WALL STREET JOURNAL, 12/6/2002] Ptech’s potential ties to suspected terrorist financiers will be of particular concern because of its potential access to classified government information (see 1996-1997). [WALL STREET JOURNAL, 12/6/2002] Joe Bergantino, a CBS journalist who will be the first to report on Ptech, will say of Ptech in 2002, “The worst-case scenario is that this is a situation where this was planned for a very long time to establish a company in this country and in the computer software business that would target federal agencies and gain access to key government data to essentially help terrorists launch another attack.” [NATIONAL PUBLIC RADIO, 12/8/2002]

1996-1997: Ptech Begins to Get US Government Contracts

Ptech is a Boston computer company connected to a number of individuals suspected of ties to officially designated terrorist organizations (see 1994). These alleged ties will be of particular concern because of Ptech’s potential access to classified government secrets. Ptech specializes in what is called enterprise architecture. It is the design and layout for an organization’s computer networks. John Zachman, considered the father of enterprise architecture, later will say that Ptech could collect crucial information from the organizations and agencies with which it works. “You would know where the access points are, you’d know how to get in, you would know where the weaknesses are, you’d know how to destroy it.” Another computer expert will say, “The software they put on your system could be collecting every key stroke that you type while you are on the computer. It could be establishing a connection to the outside terrorist organization through all of your security measures.” [WBZ 4 (BOSTON), 12/9/2002] In late 1996, an article notes that Ptech is doing work for DARPA, a Defense Department agency responsible for developing new military technology. [GOVERNMENT EXECUTIVE, 9/1/1996] In 1997, Ptech gains government approval to market its services to “all legislative, judicial, and executive branches of the federal government.” Beginning that year, Ptech will begin working for many government agencies, eventually including the White House, Congress, Army, Navy, Air Force, NATO, FAA, FBI, US Postal Service, Secret Service, the Naval Air Systems Command, IRS, and the nuclear-weapons program of the Department of Energy. For instance, Ptech will help build “the Military Information Architecture Framework, a software tool used by the Department of Defense to link data networks from various military computer systems and databases.” Ptech will be raided by US investigators in December 2002 (see December 5, 2002), but not shut down. [WALL STREET JOURNAL, 12/6/2002] A former director of intelligence at the Department of Energy later will say he would not be surprised if an al-Qaeda front company managed to infiltrate the department’s nuclear programs. [UNLIMITED (AUCKLAND), 12/9/2002] Ptech will continue to work with many of these agencies even after 9/11. After a Customs Department raid of Ptech’s offices in late 2002, their software will be declared safe of malicious code. But one article will note, “What no one knows at this point is how much sensitive government information Ptech gained access to while it worked in several government agencies.” [WBZ 4 (BOSTON), 12/9/2002]

April 1998: FBI Agent Stifles Investigation into Ptech Figures

FBI agent Robert Wright will later recall that at this time, he is pleasantly surprised when FBI management provides his Vulgar Betrayal investigation with a 10 year veteran agent to assist with his efforts. According to Wright, the unnamed agent is assigned to “investigate a company and its 20-plus subsidiaries which were linked to a major financer of international terrorism.” However, Wright and fellow agent John Vincent will soon become dismayed when they realize the agent is not actually doing any work. He merely shuffles papers to look busy when people walk by. He will continue to do no work on this important assignment until the Vulgar Betrayal investigation is effectively shut down one year later (see August 3, 1999). Wright will claim in 2003, “The important assignment he was given involved both the founder and the financier of Ptech.” Presumably these could be references to Oussama Ziade, the president and chief founder of Ptech, and Yassin al-Qadi, apparently Ptech’s largest investor. [FEDERAL NEWS SERVICE, 6/2/2003]

1999-After October 12, 2001: Al-Qadi Continues to Fund Ptech

After a 2002 US government raid on the offices of Ptech, a Boston based computer company (see December 5, 2002), Ptech officials will downplay any connection between Ptech and Yassin al-Qadi, a multimillionaire suspected of financing groups that have been officially designated as terrorist organizations. For instance, Ptech vice president Joseph Johnson will say al-Qadi had no ties to the company but “may have had something to do with it [in 1994].” Al-Qadi was one of Ptech’s biggest initial investors in 1994, if not the biggest investor (see 1994). [ASSOCIATED PRESS, 12/7/2002] However, there is considerable evidence al-Qadi is still involved in Ptech at least through 1999. Company insiders will later tell investigators that they were summoned to Saudi Arabia in 1999 to brief Saudi investors in Ptech. They are introduced to al-Qadi, who is described as an owner of Ptech. A photograph taken at this meeting shows al-Qadi with Ptech CEO Oussama Ziade and others. [WBZ 4 (BOSTON), 12/9/2002] Most media accounts say al-Qadi invested about $5 million in Ptech in 1994, one quarter of the company’s start-up money. But one account claims that al-Qadi invested an additional $9 million indirectly through BMI, the New Jersey-based investment firm with ties to several individuals suspected of financing Islamic militant groups (see 1986-October 1999). Swiss investigators also allege that al-Qadi transfers $2 million to Ptech between 1997 and 2000. [FRONTPAGE MAGAZINE, 6/17/2005] There are even allegations that al-Qadi continues to support Ptech after the US officially designates him a terrorist financier on October 12, 2001. In late 2002, CNN will report, “Sources said Ptech executives are believed to have been aware of al-Qadi’s suspected connections but did not sever their relationship with him.” Al-Qadi will deny allegations that he had any interest in Ptech after 9/11. But in late 2002 al-Qadi’s lawyer will concede that it is possible an al-Qadi representative continued to sit on Ptech’s board after 9/11.

Shortly After October 12, 2001: Software Company Whistleblowers Ignored

Yassin al-Qadi, a Saudi multimillionaire businessman, was officially declared a terrorist financier in October 2001 (see October 12, 2001). [ARAB NEWS, 9/26/2002] That same month, a number of employees at Ptech, a Boston-based computer company that al-Qadi and other individuals suspected of financing officially designated terrorist groups invested in (see 1994), tell the Boston FBI about the connections between Ptech and al-Qadi. However, FBI agents do little more than take their statements. A high-level government source later will claim the FBI does not convey the Ptech-al-Qadi link to Operation Greenquest, a Customs Department investigation into al-Qadi and other suspected financiers, and none of the government agencies using Ptech software are warned about the possible security threat Ptech represents. [WBZ 4 (BOSTON), 12/9/2002] According to a private counterterrorism expert involved in investigating Ptech at the time, “Frighteningly, when an employee told [Ptech president Oussama Ziade] he felt he had to contact the FBI regarding al-Qadi’s involvement in the company, the president allegedly told him not to worry because Yaqub Mirza, who was on the board of directors of the company and was himself a target of a [Greenquest] terrorist financing raid in March 2002 (see March 20, 2002), had contacts high within the FBI.” [NATIONAL REVIEW, 5/27/2003] A Ptech investigation will finally begin in 2002 after more whistleblowers come forward (see May-December 5, 2002).

After March 20, 2002-Early 2003: Customs and FBI Battle to Control Finance Investigations

Serious tensions develop between the FBI and Operation Greenquest investigators in the wake of the Greenquest raid on the SAAR network in March 2002 (see After March 20, 2002). The Customs Department launched Greenquest, an investigation into the financing of al-Qaeda and similar groups, weeks after 9/11. In June 2002, the Washington Post will headline an article, “Infighting Slows Hunt for Hidden al-Qaeda Assets.” [size=810pt][WASHINGTON POST, 6/18/2002] [/size]
FBI Wants Control of Greenquest - With the creation of the new Department of Homeland Security (see November 25, 2002), the FBI and its parent agency the Justice Department are given a chance to gain total control over Operation Greenquest. Newsweek reports, “Internally, FBI officials have derided Greenquest agents as a bunch of ‘cowboys’ whose actions have undermined more important, long-range FBI investigations into terrorist financing.” Meanwhile: “The FBI-Justice move, pushed by [Justice Department] Criminal Division chief Michael Chertoff and Deputy Attorney General Larry Thompson, has enraged Homeland Security officials.… They accuse the [FBI] of sabotaging Greenquest investigations—by failing to turn over critical information to their agents—and trying to obscure a decade-long record of lethargy in which FBI offices failed to aggressively pursue terror-finance cases. ‘They [the FBI] won’t share anything with us,’ [says] a Homeland Security official. ‘Then they go to the White House and they accuse us of not sharing. If they can’t take it over, they want to kill it.’”
Derails Greenquest's Investigation into Firm with Terrorist Ties - This battle has a large effect on the investigation into Ptech, a Boston-based computer company with ties to suspected terrorist financiers. When Ptech whistleblowers approach the FBI, the FBI “apparently [does] little or nothing in response” (see Shortly After October 12, 2001 and May-December 5, 2002). Then Greenquest launches an investigation in Ptech, which culminates in a raid on the Ptech offices in December 2002 (see December 5, 2002). “After getting wind of the Greenquest probe, the FBI stepped in and unsuccessfully tried to take control of the case. The result, sources say, has been something of a train wreck.” [NEWSWEEK, 4/9/2003]
Greenquest Based on Single FBI Agent's Investigations - Greenquest appears to have been heavily based on the pre-9/11 investigations of FBI agent Robert Wright. The New York Post will report in 2004: “After 9/11, Wright’s work was picked up by David Kane of the US Customs Service, who raided companies owned by [Yassin] al-Qadi, leading to al-Qadi’s designation as a ‘global terrorist’ and to money-laundering indictments of companies in Northern Virginia linked to al-Qadi and Soliman Biheiri (another Wright investigatee). The [Greenquest] indictments rely heavily on Wright’s work.”
FBI Will Win Battle for Greenquest - The FBI will eventually win the battle with Homeland Security and Customs, and Greenquest will cease to exist at the end of June 2003 (see May 13-June 30, 2003). [NEWSWEEK, 4/9/2003]

May-December 5, 2002: US Investigators Pressed to Look Into Ptech

In October 2001, Ptech insiders attempted to warn the FBI that suspected terrorist financier Yassin al-Qadi had funded Ptech (see Shortly After October 12, 2001). Then Indira Singh, an employee at JP Morgan Chase bank, develops her own suspicions about Ptech after her bank assigned her to investigate Ptech for a potential business deal. In May 2002, she speaks with the FBI about her concerns. Weeks later, she learns the FBI still has not told any other government agencies about the potential Ptech security threat. She later will recall, “the language, the kind of language law enforcement, counterterrorism, and the FBI agents themselves were using basically indicated to me that absolutely no investigation was going on, that it was totally at a standstill, at which point my hair stood on end.” She contacts a Boston CBS television station, WBZ-TV, and a reporter for the station named Joe Bergantino begins investigating Ptech. [NATIONAL PUBLIC RADIO, 12/8/2002; WBZ 4 (BOSTON), 12/9/2002] Around the same time, a former government official with contacts in the Bush administration tells officials at the National Security Council about the Ptech allegations. By late August, Operation Greenquest then opens its own Ptech investigation. The FBI then tries “to muscle its way back into the probe once it [becomes] clear that [Greenquest is] taking the case seriously.” [WBZ 4 (BOSTON), 12/9/2002] Beginning in late November, US agents begin calling Ptech officials and asking them if they have ties to money laundering, thus tipping them off. Ptech will also be notified when a December raid will be occurring before it happens. [ASSOCIATED PRESS, 1/3/2003] WBZ-TV prepared a story on Ptech, but withheld it from the public for more than three months after receiving “calls from federal law enforcement agencies, some at the highest levels.” The station claims the government launched its Ptech probe in August 2002, after they “got wind of our investigation” and “asked us to hold the story so they could come out and do their raid and look like they’re ahead of the game.” [ WBZ 4 (BOSTON), 12/9/2002]

December 5, 2002: Software Company with Access to Government Secrets Raided

Federal agents search the offices of Ptech, Inc., a Boston computer software company, looking for evidence of links to Osama bin Laden. A senior Ptech official confirms that Yassin al-Qadi, one of 12 Saudi businessmen on a secret CIA list suspected of funneling millions of dollars to al-Qaeda, was an investor in the company, beginning in 1994. Ptech appears to have connections to other potential terrorist financiers (see 1994). In particular, there seem to be many ties between Ptech and BMI Inc., a New Jersey-based company whose list of investors has been called a “who’s who of designated terrorists and Islamic extremists” (see 1986-October 1999). [WBZ 4 (BOSTON), 12/9/2002] A former FBI counterterrorism official states, “For someone like [al-Qadi] to be involved in a capacity, in an organization, a company that has access to classified information, that has access to government open or classified computer systems, would be of grave concern.” [WBZ 4 (BOSTON), 12/9/2002] On the day after the raid, US authorities will claim that Ptech’s software has been scrutinized and poses no danger. But security expert John Pike comments, “When you look at all of the different military security agencies that they have as customers, it’s very difficult to imagine how they would not be encountering sensitive information, classified information.” [NATIONAL PUBLIC RADIO, 12/8/2002] The search into Ptech is part of Operation Greenquest, which has served 114 search warrants in the past 14 months involving suspected terrorist financing. Fifty arrests have been made and $27.4 million seized. However, the raid appears to have been largely for show. Ptech was notified by US officials in November that they were being investigated, and they were told in advance exactly when the raid would take place (see May-December 5, 2002). Top officials in the US government appear to have made up their minds before the results of the raid can even be examined. White House Press Secretary Ari Fleischer comments on the Ptech raid only hours after it ends: “The one thing I can share with you is that the products that were supplied by this company to the government all fell in the nonclassified area. None of it involved any classified products used by the government. The material has been reviewed by the appropriate government agencies, and they have detected absolutely nothing in their reports to the White House that would lead to any concern about any of the products purchased from this company.” [WHITE HOUSE, 12/6/2002] The fact that the raid takes place at all appears to be due to the persistence of Operation Greenquest investigators, who are engaged at this time in a bureaucratic battle with other investigators over who will control US government investigations into terrorist financing (see After March 20, 2002-Early 2003). Greenquest will lose this battle early in 2003 and get shut down (see May 13-June 30, 2003). In his 2003 book Black Ice, author Dan Verton will call Ptech an “innocent” casualty of Operation Greenquest’s “scorched-earth” tactics. [VERTON, 2003, PP. 223] No charges will be brought against Ptech, and the company will continue fulfilling sensitive government contracts under a new name (see May 14, 2004).

May 14, 2004: Ptech Continues Business with US Government Under New Name

A newspaper article reveals that Ptech, the Boston-based computer company with ties to Yassin al-Qadi and other suspected terrorist financiers (see 1994), is still continuing its business under a different name. The article states, “Although no one associated with the company has been charged, the US attorney’s office has never issued a statement exonerating the company or ending the investigation.” Ptech is now called GoAgile. The company lost many customers in the wake of the widely-publicized raid on its offices in 2002 (see December 5, 2002). However, CEO Oussama Ziade states, “We still have government agencies as customers, including the White House.” [PATRIOT LEDGER, 5/14/2004; FRONTPAGE MAGAZINE, 6/17/2005]

August 21, 2004: 9/11 Commission’s Terrorist Financing Conclusions at Odds with Media Accounts

The 9/11 Commission releases a report on terrorism financing. Its conclusions generally stand in complete contrast to a great body of material reported by the mainstream media, before and after this report. For instance, while the report does mention some terrorism-supporting organizations in great detail, such as the Global Relief Foundation or Al Barakaat, many seemingly important organizations are not mentioned a single time in either this report or the 9/11 Commission Final Report. The Commission fails to ever mention: BMI, Inc., Ptech, Al Taqwa Bank, Holy Land Foundation, InfoCom, International Islamic Relief Organization, Muslim World League, Muwafaq (Blessed Relief) Foundation, Quranic Literacy Institute, and the SAAR network or any entity within it. Additionally, important efforts to track terrorist financing such as Vulgar Betrayal and Operation Greenquest are not mentioned a single time. [9/11 COMMISSION, 7/24/2004, PP. 61; 9/11 COMMISSION, 8/21/2004, PP. 134-5] Some select quotes from the report:

• “While the drug trade was an important source of income for the Taliban before 9/11, it did not serve the same purpose for al-Qaeda. Although there is some fragmentary reporting alleging that bin Laden may have been an investor, or even had an operational role, in drug trafficking before 9/11, this intelligence cannot be substantiated and the sourcing is probably suspect.” Additionally, there is “no evidence of [al-Qaeda] drug funding after 9/11.” [9/11 COMMISSION, 8/21/2004, PP. 22-23]

• “[C]ontrary to some public reports, we have not seen substantial evidence that al-Qaeda shares a fund-raising infrastructure in the United States with Hamas, Hezbollah, or Palestinian Islamic Jihad.” [9/11 COMMISSION, 8/21/2004, PP. 24]

“The United States is not, and has not been, a substantial source of al-Qaeda funding, but some funds raised in the United States may have made their way to al-Qaeda and its affiliated groups. A murky US network of jihadist (holy war) supporters has plainly provided funds to foreign mujaheddin with al-Qaeda links. Still, there is little hard evidence of substantial funds from the United States actually going to al-Qaeda. A CIA expert on al-Qaeda financing believes that any money coming out of the United States for al-Qaeda is ‘minuscule.’” [9/11 COMMISSION, 8/21/2004, PP. 24]

•  The notion “that bin Laden was a financier with a fortune of several hundred million dollars” is an “urban legend.” “Some within the government continued to cite the $300 million figure well after 9/11, and the general public still [incorrectly] gives credence to the notion of a ‘multimillionaire bin Laden.’” [9/11 COMMISSION, 8/21/2004, PP. 20, 34] (A few months after this report, it will be reported that in 2000 over $250 million passed through a bank account jointly controlled by bin Laden and another man (see 2000).)

“To date, the US government has not been able to determine the origin of the money used for the 9/11 attacks.… Ultimately the question of the origin of the funds is of little practical significance.” [9/11 COMMISSION, 8/21/2004, PP. 144]

• “The US intelligence community has attacked the problem [of terrorist funding] with imagination and vigor” since 9/11. [NEW YORK TIMES, 8/22/2004]

• According to the New York Times, the report “largely exonerates the Saudi government and its senior officials of long-standing accusations that they were involved in financing al-Qaeda terrorists.” [NEW YORK TIMES, 8/22/2004] Author Douglas Farah comments on the Commission’s report, “The biggest hole is the complete lack of attention to the role the Muslim Brotherhood has played in the financing of al-Qaeda and other radical Islamist groups. While the ties are extensive on a personal level, they also pervade the financial structure of al-Qaeda.… According to sources who provided classified briefing to the Commission staff, most of the information that was provided was ignored.… [T]he Commission staff simply did not include any information that was at odds with the official line of different agencies.” [FARAH, 8/27/2004]

Mike Philbin

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2009, 12:46:04 PM »
Rare, Damning Video

many more people need to see this - for me it points to two possiblities

1) total incompetence - I like how Robert Wright (among others) tries to help them out by offering procedural/management suggestions.
2) total complicity with some ulterior plan - anything any FBI employee said about terrorist threat would have been quashed officially.

Erm, I don't want my world to be run by the latter option.

:(

Anti_Illuminati

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2009, 01:57:45 PM »
many more people need to see this - for me it points to two possiblities

1) total incompetence - I like how Robert Wright (among others) tries to help them out by offering procedural/management suggestions.
2) total complicity with some ulterior plan - anything any FBI employee said about terrorist threat would have been quashed officially.

Erm, I don't want my world to be run by the latter option.

:(

Yes, in fact that video I think deserves significant exposure, I only found out about it relatively recently.  Believe me it was not something that easily fell into my lap so to speak.  The are several really significant things that I want to point out about this video:

1)  It shows how the information that Robert Wright found through his own real terror (NWO fronts/designated fall-guys like Yassin Al-Qadi) investigations corroborate with Indira Singhs own discoveries and testimony.  This is before Indira Singh EVEN KNEW about Wrights testimony (Singh kept all this quiet for 2 years, confirming it internally before going public with it).  She was confirming things 100% independently through her own channels on a completely different avenue of investigation/criminality (i.e. Ptech, which is something Wright knew nothing about in the video you quoted me linking) that just so happens to name the same names as Wright did years earlier.  In other words, this in and of itself is courtroom admissible damning evidence (I mean it is actually proof, but it is still evidence in a courtroom regardless how ironclad something is.)

2)  Look at the emotion from Agent Wright, seeing this video really drove a stake through my heart so to speak with the even further solidifying of reality of just how real all of this was and is. 

The real info about Ptech isn't even discussed for the most part in any of the online articles period, some of the really deep info is as follows:

The executives who ran Ptech all formerly worked together at a prior company caled Associative Design Technology, where the same exact software name is used, going back as far as at least 1989, proving that the company name Ptech (which stands for Process Technology according to Indira Singh) was named AFTER the name that the software was ALREADY called at least 5 years before the company of the same name came into existence.

The NWO controlled US military was HEAVILY involved in using this software, in a very low-key fashion (unreported relatively), only able to be revealed that this was the case from internal Ptech documents from their own website that is no longer accessible without going back (you know what I mean) and digging far into their sub-directory links to DoD PDF's, which are incredibly damning by themselves.  Ptech was used to engineer the Gulf War in 1991, they were testing early C4ISR strategies/net-centric warfare, the precursor to FCS, which will be used to militarily enforce a global dictatorship, but 1st posing as the saviors using this technology to keep everyone safe as seen in the Army FCS propaganda conditioning video called "Aftershock" - look it up (on youtube still probably).

The real players behind the scenes of Ptech were:  OMG, Object management Group, MITRE (GIG architects with OMG), EDS, Electronic Data Systems, RAND Corporation (big surprise).  There were many high ranking foreign military collaborators as well.  The whole thing behind this was the technological underpinnings of figuring out how to engineer world government, world enslavement, force transformation, transforming the economy to how the NWO wants it, forcing mass adaptation of deliberately backdoored and systems that inherently compartmentalized the NWO's subordinates without them necessarily being aware of it.

Their engineered black op of 9/11 and other false flags gave them the excuse to enter every sector citing security/terror threats to information infrastructures, and they needed funding for all of this in excess of what they had already stolen and obtained through money laundering and the drug trade, and this technology helped them create the literal replacement for the war on drugs--the ability to effectively stage terror attacks worldwide, and then rush in their solution:  "Homeland Security" for every country in the world, (hey remember they had just told us it was for the US?) lining the pockets, (via the sale of police state tech like mm wave naked body imagers)--of the real terrorist scum at SAIC, Verint, Bit Systems, CACI, etc. These are the CREATORS of terrorism, and their own documents, when you learn what they are talking about--100% monumentally implicate them.

Mike Philbin

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2009, 04:05:43 AM »
Anti_Illuminati,

I'm serious, this is truly revelatory stuff ... this video especially. Its implications. Your further research. Was it ever mentioned in any news media other than the Cspan channel?

This covert 9/11-relevant episode has to go MAINSTREAM now. Do you wanna make a new thread about it, with your followup to my questions? I'd prefer a MORE MAINSTREAM unveiling of this whole sordid episode, obviously. It deserves SPECIAL global attention.

Mike

Offline birther truther tenther

• Against all forms of tyranny
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2010, 01:26:25 AM »
I was browsing around on the Alexandria, Egypt, mirror of the Wayback Machine and I was looking up ptechinc.com and clicked on a broken link within the site.  The Wayback Machine re-directed me to a "search pages" function.

It came up 5,254 files for ptechinc.com.  They include PDFs, GIFs, DOCs, PPTs, HTML, JPG, and many other filetypes.

http://web.archive.bibalex.org/web/*sr_1nr_30/http://ptechinc.com/*

Please dig through these 5,254 files, and hopefully we can connect more dots in the Ptech case.

Re: MASSIVE PTECH INC. DATA DUMP!!!
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2010, 01:30:51 PM »
This Excel file is very disturbing.  It shows Ptech control of B-52s!!!

Needs MS Excel to view

http://web.archive.bibalex.org/web/20030429175111/ptechinc.com/01/sub/miaa/assets/docs/SV6.xls

http://web.archive.bibalex.org/web/20020517164508/http://ptechinc.com/01/sub/miaa/assets/images/needline.jpg

Related thread:
Ptech used in Desert Storm - Future Combat Systems - Global Dictatorship
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=91752.0

Offline infowarrior_039

• explosions in the sky
    • Truth Archive
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2010, 01:42:41 AM »
Anti_Illuminati will be all over this

Offline phasma

• Have a H.A.A.R.P.Y DAY !
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2010, 05:22:27 AM »
wow birther - brilliant find. AI will be keen to view.
Things are not what they appear to be: nor are they otherwise - Surangama Sutra

Anti_Illuminati

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2010, 09:05:40 AM »
I've already seen most of this previously, and posted what was important.

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2010, 01:10:42 PM »
I've already seen most of this previously, and posted what was important.

After browsing the 5000+ files, I can tell you picked this site clean to the bone.  I added a couple of the files as replies to some of your posts, just to add a cherry on top.

If anybody else on the forum sees any file that was missed.  Please use the search function, and add it to the proper thread.  The more evidence, and more connections...the better.

After analyzing that Fort Hood Commission Report, (read it here http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=190940.0) it just makes the Ptech connection, more encased in concrete.

For any new guests, registered users, readers, of Prison Planet Forum, if you don't know what Ptech is, or what PROMIS is, then you're totally missing a gigantic piece of the puzzle to the NWO agenda.

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2010, 01:53:29 AM »
The Money Trail
Federal Agents Raid a Software Company Outside Boston, Seeking Links to Al Qaeda
By PAM BELLUCK with ERIC LICHTBLAU
Published: December 7, 2002

QUINCY, Mass., Dec. 6 — Federal agents raided a small software company in this Boston suburb early this morning in an investigation into whether it has ties to Al Qaeda.

The company, Ptech Inc., counts among its clients the F.B.I., the Air Force, the Navy, the Department of Energy and NATO. Law enforcement officials in Washington said the authorities were trying to determine whether it had financial ties to terrorist groups or affiliates and whether it might have been trying to use the software it produces to gain access to classified or confidential government data.

The raid, just after midnight at the company's headquarters in a bayfront office park, stemmed from information the government had received from former Ptech employees suggesting that one of its investors was Yasin al-Qadi, a Saudi millionaire who is on a Treasury Department list of "blocked persons" because of suspicion of terrorist ties. It is illegal for United States companies to knowingly do business with someone on that list.

Mr. Qadi once headed a Saudi-based charity called the Muwafaq Foundation, which federal authorities consider a front for Osama bin Laden's terror network. The government suspects that Mr. Qadi and other well-connected Saudis have transferred millions of dollars to Mr. bin Laden through trusts and charities like Muwafaq. Mr. Qadi denies having engaged in any such activity.

Law enforcement officials said they were trying to determine whether Mr. Qadi was in fact a backer of Ptech and whether the company had funneled money to charities that might have contributed to Al Qaeda or other terrorist groups.

"The key thing here is that al-Qadi is on the terror financing list, and U.S. entities are prohibited by law from doing business with anyone on the list," said a senior law enforcement official who spoke only on the condition of anonymity.

"We're pretty sure that he is the main financier of the company," said the official, although he would not detail evidence supporting that belief. "The question is, Was the company aware of his being on the list, and did they continue to deal with him despite the fact that he was on the list?"

Ptech's chief executive, Oussama Ziade, is a Lebanese native who, according to the company's Web site, has a background in physics and a master's degree in software engineering from Boston University. There was no response to messages left for him today.

But the company issued a statement saying it categorically denied "having any connection with any terrorist organization," Bloomberg News reported. The news agency also quoted Blake Bissom, Ptech's vice president for sales and marketing, as saying he had never heard Mr. Qadi's name before today.

The office of Michael J. Sullivan, the United States attorney in Boston, said the raid had not resulted in any arrests but declined to say precisely what the agents had been looking for and whether they had seized anything. This evening, however, Mr. Sullivan issued a statement seemingly playing down the question of whether Ptech software could have been used to access government data.

"The search was conducted in connection with an ongoing financial crime investigation," the statement said. "Media characterizations of this as a terrorist investigation are premature."

Mr. Sullivan also said a review of Ptech's computer systems had found "no reason to believe that the software has any secondary purpose or malicious code, or that there has been a breach of any kind."

"There have been no vulnerabilities identified in connection with any of the products provided by Ptech," he said. "There is no evidence to suggest that the system is susceptible to compromise or poses any security risk."

Ari Fleischer, the White House press secretary, echoed that account, saying the products supplied to the government by Ptech "all fell in the nonclassified area."

Mr. Fleischer added that government agencies that use the software had "detected absolutely nothing, in their reports to the White House, that would lead to any concern about any of the products purchased from this company."

But federal agencies seemed to disagree about whether the software could be used to infiltrate federal databases. An F.B.I. official described it as "off the shelf," saying it posed no threat. But the Customs Service and other law enforcement agencies, which have sometimes been at odds with the F.B.I. over terror-financing investigations, believe that the Ptech inquiry "has the potential to be a big deal" in the context of both financing and the software, said the senior law enforcement official who insisted on anonymity.

Ptech is a privately held company that was founded eight years ago. Its software provides an organization a kind of blueprint of how that organization operates. The software uses some aspects of artificial intelligence, and allows users to cull and analyze information in various databases, making changes in organization structure and strategy much easier to adopt.

Ptech's customers include major companies like I.B.M. , Aetna , Motorola and Sprint. A profile last year in the Quincy newspaper, The Patriot Ledger, said the clients included 11 of the Fortune 100 companies.

One of Ptech's vice presidents, Joseph Johnson, spoke briefly to reporters outside its offices today, saying the raid was "no great surprise," given the government agencies among the company's clientele.

"We live in different times right now," Mr. Johnson said. "We fully expected this. I don't think it's any different than when you go to the airport today and you have to go through additional security."

Mr. Johnson said a number of the company's executives and employees were Muslim, adding, "They are American citizens."

Information that the company had ties to Mr. Qadi was brought to the F.B.I. last fall by former employees who had left Ptech to form their own company, according to several people with knowledge of the investigation.

"We had people in the company coming forward," the senior law enforcement official said, "to say this is what this software can do, and this is who these people are, and this is why we're concerned."

read more
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/12/07/national/07RAID.html

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2010, 01:56:48 AM »
This site mirrored the following article, now memory holed:
http://www.zazona.com/NewsArchive/2002-12-07%20PTech%20Raid.htm

http://www.msnbc.com/news/844016.asp?0sl=-13&cp1=1

Al-Qaida link eyed in Mass. raid

Software firm has worked for dozens of U.S. agencies and corporations
Ptech Inc.'s offices in Quincy, Mass., which FBI and customs agents raided
Friday morning.

NBC, MSNBC AND NEWS SERVICES

Dec. 6 — FBI and Customs agents Friday raided a Massachusetts software
company with dozens of government and Fortune 500 clients that is partly
owned by a Saudi businessman who U.S. officials believe is a financier for
the al-Qaida terrorism network, NBC News has learned.

The company’s client list includes the FBI, NATO, the FAA, the Air Force,
the Naval Air Services Command, the Energy Department, the IRS, the Postal
Service and the House of Representatives.

SOURCES FAMILIAR with the raid told NBC News on condition of anonymity that
investigators also were trying to determine whether the company, Ptech Inc.
of Quincy, Mass., used its software to gain access to sensitive government
data.

A senior Ptech official acknowledged Friday that Saudi businessman Yasin
al-Qadi, whom Treasury officials have designated as a terrorist financier,
was an investor in the company but said he had not been involved for a
couple of years. “We’re not a terrorist company, and there’s nobody here
affiliated with terrorism,” said the official, Joseph Johnson, a Ptech vice
president.

In a statement, the company said it “categorically denies having any
connection with any terrorist organization.”

Documents obtained by NBC News show that the U.S. government paid Ptech at
least $3.3 million over four years. Its government clients have included the
FBI, the Federal Aviation Administration, the Air Force, the Naval Air
Services Command, the Energy Department, the IRS, the Postal Service and the
House of Representatives. It also has done work for NATO.

On its Web site, Ptech, which was founded in 1994, also lists numerous
Fortune 500 companies it says it has worked for. It describes itself as “the
leading authority in enterprise architecture.”

Michael Sullivan, the U.S. attorney for Massachusetts, said in a statement
that “media characterizations of this as a terrorist investigation are
premature,” but sources said the federal agents detained some employees for
questioning in the raid, which occurred in a driving snowstorm early in the
morning.

SOFTWARE DETERMINED SAFE
Agents had a search warrant, sources said, but it was not needed as Ptech
Inc. allowed the officers to come in and take whatever they wanted. The U.S.
attorney’s office in Boston said no arrests were made.

Few other details were immediately available, but sources said investigators
were trying to determine whether the Ptech software might have included
“back doors” that would have allowed company employees to remotely access
and download data from government and company computers.

But White House spokesman Ari Fleischer told reporters, “The material has
been reviewed by the appropriate government agencies, and they have detected
absolutely nothing in their reports to the White House that would lead to
any concern.”

Homeland Security Director Tom Ridge said, “The software in no way
jeopardizes the security of our country.”

The White House also was satisfied that the software had never been used in
sensitive government systems, the official said on condition of anonymity.

The AP quoted an unidentified law enforcement official as saying the
investigation was focused on links between Ptech officials and certain
charitable groups. The official did not elaborate.

Meanwhile, Newsweek reported on its Web site that the FBI launched an
investigation of Ptech a month after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks
on the basis of information from company insiders.

The employees said they had been summoned to Saudi Arabia about two years
earlier for meetings with investors and had met al-Qadi, who was described
as a Ptech owner, Newsweek said, quoting unidentified sources familiar with
the investigation.

The magazine said the investigation languished until last summer, when the
White House instructed the Customs Service to conduct its own investigation.

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2010, 01:58:36 AM »
http://www.zazona.com/NewsArchive/2002-12-07%20PTech%20Raid.htm

Newsweek: High-tech terror ties?

COMPANY A HIGH FLIER
The privately held Ptech, which has about 50 employees, has been a high
flier in recent years. It has twice been named as one of the “100 Companies
That Matter” by KM World, ranking alongside Intel, IBM and Microsoft.

Ptech’s software, which provides organizations with a visual blueprint of
how internal processes work, is used to help executives turn strategy into
practice.

No one answered the door or answered the telephone Friday at the home of

the company’s chairman and chief executive, Oussama Ziade. A woman who
answered the telephone at the home of Vice President Hussein Ibrahim, the
company’s chief scientist, would not give her name said Ibrahim was not
available.

However, James Cerrato, the company’s chief product officer, said as he
walked into the office Friday morning, “There’s absolutely nothing there” in
terms of a link to al-Qaida. “I think as soon as the investigation
concludes, that will put a light on things,” he added.

Little is known about al-Qadi, whom U.S. officials describe as a
multimillionaire with personal connections to the Saudi royal family. The
Treasury Department has concluded that he has funneled “millions of dollars”
to Osama bin Laden’s al-Qaida network.

The Saudi government announced this week that it had frozen al-Qadi’s assets
there, one of just three people it has taken such action against. In other
cases, the Saudis have said the United States failed to provide evidence to
back up assertions that individuals were financially supporting terrorists.

LIVING COMFORTABLY IN JEDDAH
But al-Qadi continues to live comfortably in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia,
apparently relying on funds he still has access to in countries that have
not frozen his bank accounts.

In an interview with NBC News last year, al-Qadi denied that he had provided
financial support to bin Laden or al-Qaida.

The Saudi government this week launched a public relations campaign aimed at
deflecting criticism of what some U.S. officials see as a reluctance to
crack down on citizens of the oil-rich kingdom who are providing financial
support for al-Qaida.

Adel al-Jubeir, a foreign policy adviser to the royal family, said at an
unusual news conference at the Saudi Embassy in Washington that Riyadh had
aggressively targeted al-Qaida and imposed financial controls to ensure that
money from the kingdom’s citizens did not flow to terrorists.

Saudis detail anti-terror actions

He also said Saudi Arabia had been “unfairly maligned” and subjected to a
campaign that “borders on hate.”

Criticism of Saudi Arabia as a possible source of terror money escalated
after the Sept. 11 attacks in New York and Washington, in which 15 of the 19
alleged terrorists were Saudis.

Since the attacks, questions have arisen over the estimated $3 billion a
year that Saudis give to charitable causes, including at least $300 million
a year that flows out of the country and cannot easily be traced.

The questions have become more pointed in recent weeks, since it was
revealed that some money given by Princess Haifa al Faisal to the family of
a Saudi man living in Southern California may have been used to aid two of
the hijackers who participated in the Sept. 11 attacks. The princess is the
wife of Prince Bandar bin Sultan, the Saudi ambassador to the United States.

The princess said that the money was a charitable contribution and that she
had no knowledge that some of it may have been diverted to third parties.

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2010, 02:02:24 AM »
Customs searches software firm near Boston
December 6, 2002

Government sources said Customs agents searched a high-tech company in Massachusetts early Friday, looking for evidence that the software provider -- which has numerous government agencies as clients -- may have ties to al Qaeda.

No charges have been filed against the Quincy, Massachusetts, firm, Ptech Inc., and the company says it is cooperating with the investigation.

A Ptech executive said the firm had expected the development and laughed when asked if the company's Lebanese-born CEO had any sympathies with terrorist organizations.

"He's an American citizen, a patriotic American," said Ptech's vice president for professional services Joe Johnson, adding that such an idea was "out of the question."

Later, the company issued an unsigned letter saying the firm "has assisted the government in its investigation and intends to continue doing so."

"Ptech has been informed by government investigators that neither Ptech nor its officers or employees are targets of the government's investigation," the statement reads. "The company categorically denies having any connection with any terrorist organization."

Government sources told CNN that company employees contacted the FBI last fall when the State Department put Yasin al-Qadi, a Saudi businessman, on a watch list of individuals and organizations whose U.S. assets were frozen because of suspected ties to terrorists.

The employees told the FBI that they had been introduced to al-Qadi in Saudi Arabia as "the owner" of Ptech.

Sources said FBI agents are also looking into the possibility that Ptech executives may be involved in a charitable organization that sends money to the Middle East and whether that organization's funds might be diverted to al Qaeda. One federal source said the FBI has no evidence this happened.

It was not clear if that organization was the Muwafaq Foundation -- which U.S. officials have said was an al Qaeda front -- or another Islamic charity.

U.S. Customs agents raided Ptech's headquarters at midnight and downloaded information from company computers for further investigation, the sources said.

Officials are especially concerned that several of Ptech's customers are government agencies, including the Department of Energy, the FBI, the U.S. Air Force, the U.S. Postal Service, the Naval Air Systems Command, the Federal Aviation Administration, the House of Representatives and NATO.

One government official said "absolutely no evidence" exists that the company's product had been tampered with but the investigation was under way.

A White House official told CNN that the administration was informed about the incident.

Saudi businessman Al-Qadi is believed to be a partial financier of Ptech, which was launched in 1994 by chairman and CEO Oussama Ziadé, chief product officer James Cerrato and vice president and chief scientist Hussein Ibrahim.

Al-Qadi once headed the Islamic charitable organization called Muwafaq Foundation. He has repeatedly denied any connection with al Qaeda or its leader, Osama bin Laden.

The Muwafaq Foundation sent aid to Bosnian Muslims and shut down in 1996, al-Qadi said.

Sources said Ptech executives are believed to have been aware of al-Qadi's suspected connections but did not sever their relationship with him.
Read more: http://articles.cnn.com/2002-12-06/us/ptech.raid_1_ptech-james-cerrato-qaeda?_s=PM:US

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2010, 02:05:38 AM »
Article mirrored here after original source was lost:

http://newsmine.org/content.php?ol=war-on-terror/alqaeda/ptech-terror-navy-fbi.txt

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&ncid=&e=3&u=/ap/20021207/ap_on_bi_ge/company_raid

Business - AP

Al-Qaida Probe Leads to Mass. Company
Sat Dec 7, 8:17 AM ET Add Business - AP to My Yahoo!

By CURT ANDERSON, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) - An investigation into al-Qaida's financial backers led federal agents to a Massachusetts software firm whose customers include the FBI (news - web sites), Air Force and Navy as well as several Fortune 500 companies.

Agents from the Customs Service, FBI, Internal Revenue Service (news - web sites) and other agencies, armed with a search warrant, went to the Quincy, Mass., offices of Ptech Inc. late Thursday to look for information on Yasin al-Qadi, officials said Friday.

Al-Qadi is on a Treasury Department (news - web sites) list of Specially Designated Global Terrorists, whose assets the United States wants frozen.

No arrests were made, but agents recovered evidence from Ptech, which consented to the search. Officials would not specify what was found. U.S. Attorney Michael Sullivan of Boston said the search involved "an ongoing financial crime investigation" but said an affidavit supporting the warrant was sealed by court order.

Al-Qadi, who is from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, heads the Saudi-based Muwafaq (Blessed Relief) Foundation, which Treasury officials allege is an al-Qaida front used to funnel millions of dollars to the global terror organization.

Federal law enforcement officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, said al-Qadi once was a major investor in Ptech. They want to know whether al-Qadi still has a relationship with the company and whether information from the search could lead to other entities with which he was involved.

Joseph Johnson, vice president of professional services at Ptech, said al-Qadi has no ties to the company but "may have had something to do with it nine years ago," when the company started.

"There isn't anything going on here," Johnson said. "We're a small software company. What we do doesn't give us access to information that is top secret."

Ptech provides sophisticated financial tracking and budgeting software to big companies and to numerous government agencies, including the FBI, Energy Department, Air Force, Navy, NATO (news - web sites), IRS and U.S. House. Business clients include IBM, Weyerhauser and Aetna, according to the company Web site.

The software is not involved in classified areas but handles sensitive government data.

The company's software code was checked by the government to determine if outsiders could read or steal any sensitive data from the government, or embed the code with something destructive, officials said. Those checks began months ago, when the probe of Ptech started.

"The material has been reviewed by the appropriate government agencies, and they have detected absolutely nothing in their reports to the White House that would lead to any concern," said White House spokesman Ari Fleischer (news - web sites).

No one answered the door or the phone Friday at the home of the company's chairman and chief executive officer, Oussama Ziade. A man who answered the phone at the home of vice president Hussein Ibrahim said Ibrahim was unavailable. Neither Ziade nor Ibrahim appear on any government lists of suspected terrorists.

Public records in Massachusetts say Ptech has ties to BMI Inc., a now-defunct Secaucus, N.J., company that law enforcement officials also have linked to al-Qadi. Johnson said he had no knowledge of a BMI connection; the records show BMI financed Ptech computer and telephone equipment during the 1990s.

The investigation is part of a broader Customs-led program known as "Operation Green Quest," a multiagency task force that has served 114 search warrants in the past 14 months involving suspected terrorist financing networks. The effort has resulted in 50 arrests, 28 indictments and the seizure of about $27.4 million, Customs officials said.

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2010, 02:11:17 AM »
More about the following article here:
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=110276.msg680295#msg680295

Feds Probe IT Sector Links to al-Qaeda
Specter of terror-related front companies raised by raid on software firm
Dan Verton

December 9, 2002 (Computerworld)

Last week's raid of a Massachusetts-based software firm suspected of having links to al-Qaeda signals a broadening of the FBI's antiterrorism effort. Investigators are looking beyond nongovernmental organizations and charities to corporate America, including the IT industry, experts close to the investigation said.
Bringing to a close one phase of an ongoing investigation code-named Operation Greenquest, federal agents raided the Quincy, Mass., offices of Ptech Inc. early Friday to search for evidence that the company was involved in helping finance al-Qaeda operations. Government officials are also investigating the possibility that software Ptech sold to various federal agencies may have contained malicious code.
Denies Terrorist Links
In a statement released late on Friday, Ptech denied that federal agents conducted a "raid" of the company's offices, insisting that Ptech "granted access" to investigators and is cooperating fully. "The company categorically denies having any connection with any terrorist organization," the company said in the statement. "Ptech has been informed by government investigators that neither Ptech nor its officers or employees are targets of the government's investigation."
Ptech's clients include high-profile IT and consulting companies such as IBM Global Services, Booz Allen & Hamilton Inc., Motorola Inc., Sprint Corp. and The Mitre Corp.
"We are investigating the [situation] and are cooperating with authorities," said Jeffrey Gluck, a spokesman for IBM Global Services, which has teamed with Ptech to build IT architectures for its customers. "But it's still too early in the investigation to know, with any degree of certainty, exactly what the allegations are."
At least one Ptech client isn't taking any chances. Sue Yund, a spokeswoman for Alliant Techsystems Inc. in Edina, Minn., said the aerospace and defense firm's database administration group was using Ptech's architectural modeling software on a limited basis to plan its database design.
"Because of the situation involving Ptech, we disabled the software as of this morning," Yund said on Friday. "But we're confident that there is no risk of a security breach as a result of using the software."
However, it is Ptech's contracts with the Department of Energy, the Federal Aviation Administration and the Department of Defense that raise the most concern, say experts.
One of the most sensitive contracts in Ptech's portfolio includes support work for the DOE's plutonium cleanup effort at the Rocky Flats facility, once used to develop nuclear weapons.
Notra Trulock, former director of intelligence at the DOE, who was responsible for investigating incidents of Chinese nuclear espionage in the U.S., said he wouldn't be surprised if an al-Qaeda front company had managed to infiltrate nuclear programs at the DOE. "Nothing surprises me when it comes to DOE, frankly," said Trulock. "Neither [DOE] nor the labs ever perform much in the way of due diligence in these things."
Senior counterintelligence officials familiar with the case said the U.S. Customs Service initiated the investigation of Ptech after a disgruntled employee tipped the agency off to the company's alleged hidden ownership. As a result, Customs and the FBI began investigating Yaqub Mirza, a former member of Ptech's board of directors.
"Mirza was acting on behalf of Yassin Qadi, the Saudi financier who was on the U.S. [terrorism] watchlist and whose accounts here are frozen," said Vince Cannistraro, former chief of counterterrorism at the CIA, speaking with Computerworld on Friday. "Qadi is the guy behind Ptech. Although it's not clear if Ptech made any money for Osama bin Laden's terrorist network, Operation Greenquest is trying to determine if the company was a laundering entity for al-Qaeda, said Cannistraro.
Blake Bisson, Ptech's vice president of sales, said he believes federal authorities are routinely investigating companies with employees from Islamic countries. "To my knowledge, there is no link to al-Qaeda," said Bisson.
Roger Cressey, former chief of staff for the president's Critical Infrastructure Protection Board and a White House counterterrorism specialist, said that prior to the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, not enough attention was paid to al-Qaeda's use of front companies in the U.S. "What this investigation shows is that the government is now paying as much attention to the role of high-tech companies in terrorism financing as they are with nongovernmental organizations," said Cressey.
A senior Bush administration official familiar with the investigation who spoke on condition of anonymity said "a body of evidence" about the company's possible links to al-Qaeda was brought to the attention of the National Security Council months ago and triggered a governmentwide investigation into where Ptech software may have been installed and, more important, whether malicious code was involved.
"The good news is we couldn't find anything," the official said, referring to the prospect of malicious software being used for espionage purposes. "The bad news is that something might still be there. We couldn't prove a negative."
The official also said the investigation into Ptech isn't an isolated incident, adding that there's growing concern about terrorist financing coming out of U.S.-based companies, including high-tech firms.

read more http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/print/76514/Feds_Probe_IT_Sector_Links_to_al_Qaeda

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2010, 02:22:25 AM »
Feds Raid Software Firm
By: Chris Gonsalves
2002-12-06

Federal agents who raided a Quincy, Mass., software firm Thursday night continue to look for monetary connections to the al-Qaeda terrorist network, but sources say the firms software appears safe.

Ptech Inc., a developer of business-process modeling software, was raided late Thursday night by U.S. Customs Service agents, according to law enforcement officials. But initial concerns that the companys technology may have compromised the security of its customers, which include the FBI, the Department of Energy, the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, the Navy, the Air Force, the Federal Aviation Administration and the U.S. House of Representatives, now appear unfounded, according to authorities.

"The products that were supplied by this company to the government all fell in the nonclassified area," White House press secretary Ari Fleischer said early Friday. "None of it involved any classified products used by the government. The material has been reviewed by the appropriate government agencies, and they have detected absolutely nothing in their reports to the White House that would lead to any concern about any of the products purchased from this company."

Fleischer confirmed that White House officials were involved in the discussions that led to the midnight raid of PTech, but "the White House didnt orchestrate this; this is a law enforcement matter."

"It was a Customs Service operation involving the potential for terrorist connections in this company and, beyond that, its law-enforcement sensitive," Fleischer said.

U.S. Customs officials in Washington had no comment on the raid and referred inquiries to the U.S. Attorneys Office in Boston. U.S. Attorney Michael J. Sullivan late Friday issued a terse statement saying the raid on PTech was part of an "an ongoing financial crime investigation," and that media reports linking the event to terrorism were "premature."

Due to P-Techs status as a provider of software to agencies of the U.S. Government, there have been questions raised concerning their products. All of the products provided to the Government were of a non-classified nature," Sullivan said in the statement. "However, out of an abundance of caution, the affected government agencies, including the FBI, conducted a review of their computer systems. There is no reason to believe that the software has any secondary purpose or malicious code, or that there has been a breach of any kind. There have been no vulnerabilities identified in connection with any of the products provided by P-Tech. There is also no evidence to suggest that the system is susceptible to compromise or poses any security risk."

Joseph Johnson, vice president for professional services at Ptech, scoffed at the speculation that a so-called hacker "back door" may have been built into the companys modeling software, which maps an organizations technology and business assets. Talking with reporters outside Ptechs headquarters this morning, Johnson said the companys products would not offer spies or terrorists any great insight into a users operation.

"It just graphically portrays the business," Johnson said. "It doesnt go down to the next level to allow someone to look at what is in a document, for instance."

However, Bob Parker, an analyst with AMR Research Inc., in Boston, said that because Ptechs software is used in setting up work flow it could point a terrorist to the specific database they would need to hack to get valuable information.

"If you think of Rational or Visio, how they graphically lay out a process and generate code from there, if I had a product that did that and if I could capture what the workflow is, and what database to get into, certainly there are some ramifications to that," said Parker.

He proposed a scenario wherein the Naval Air Systems Command uses Ptech software to set up workflow to perform routine maintenance on a missile store. The Ptech-generated workflow could include the entity relationship models that say where missile-location data is stored. For a terrorist to take advantage of that, Ptech would have had to put in a secret back-door that gave access to those entity relationship models, and the terrorist would have to hack into the Navys network and into the specific databases to find out where missiles are stored.

"Conceivably, its opening up data to all those government agencies. Thats pretty scary," Parker said.

On the other hand, contracting with the government is a pretty rigorous process, according to Parker.

PTech sales vice president Blake Bisson met with reporters Friday and said the company "categorically denies" any connection to terrorists.

Johnson said a half dozen of Ptechs employees were at work on Friday and were cooperating with investigators.

Ptech was founded in 1994 by Ousamma Ziade and James Cerrato, the chief product officer. Also at the helm from the companys inception is Hussein Ibrahim, Ptechs vice president and chief scientist. There was no answer at a number listed for Ziade Friday.

The focus now for investigators is to determine if there is a link between PTech and some of its notable financial backers -- specifically Saudi Yassin Qadi and Pakistani M. Yaqub Mirza, a member of PTechs board, according to sources. Both have been investigated by federal law enforcement for suspected ties to al-Qaeda and its leader, Osama bin Laden.

The companys object-oriented enterprise architecture, business modeling and integration software is used to model an enterprises operations to enable it to quickly change business processes in response to changing market conditions.

The company has partnerships with IBM, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Booz Allen Hamilton Inc. and KPMG.

Read more: http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Application-Development/Feds-Raid-Software-Firm/

worcesteradam

« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2013, 04:25:21 AM »
In the indictment of Oussama Ziadé (p. 17) it mentions in a footnote that Yassin Kadi was asking for advice on where to invest money and Ziade recommended a company called Inzigo Inc.

http://intelfiles.egoplex.com/2005-07-25-Ziade-Indictment-Ptech-Kadi.pdf

The corporate address for what appears to be Inzigo inc is:
535 West 34th Street New York

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=1354947

Creeply, the same address was also home to the New York branch of a California advertising agency called Ground Zero Advertising, and appears to be known as "Ground Zero."

http://www.yellowpages.com/new-york-ny/mip/ground-zero-2484475?lid=2484475

Surely only a coincidence.