Footage of Lincoln Assasination.

Author Topic: Footage of Lincoln Assasination.  (Read 4606 times)

Offline hades

Footage of Lincoln Assasination.
« on: March 26, 2009, 11:45:07 AM »
Hey everyone, got a video for you all to watch.  My buddy showed this to me minutes ago.  It's a video of Lincoln on 16mm film getting assasinated.  This seems to be authentic.  I would like everyone's opinion on it.

Thanks,

Hades

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_kMyWVXfJE

Offline hades

Re: Footage of Lincoln Assasination.
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 12:01:44 PM »
Is there footage of that somewhere so I can compare the two?  And I dont know why this was moved I was trying to get opinions not answers!

-Hades

Offline Cywar

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 12:09:41 PM »
hmmmm
"Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance."

—Albert Einstein

Offline IridiumKEPfactor

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 12:10:30 PM »
I don't think that moving pictures had been invented until 1888.

Offline 37

• "The President of what?"
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 12:11:18 PM »
Birth of a Nation is probably on Google or You Tube.  It is the first example of a cinematic epic.  It was one of the first multi-reel films.

It may or may not be available at your local video store because it is considered racist for it's portrayal of the Klan as heroes.

That footage isn't authentic.  

http://inventors.about.com/od/estartinventors/ss/George_Eastman.htm
In 1888, George Eastman invented dry, transparent, and flexible, photographic film (or rolled photography film) and the Kodak cameras that could use the new film.

Lincoln was assassinatet in 1865...April 15th.  Probably no coincidence your taxes are due on that date.

"Whatever it is, I am against it."  -Groucho Marx

Channel 37
http://www.youtube.com/user/jmortimer37

Offline donnay

• Live Free Or Die Trying!
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 12:19:36 PM »
Hmm...I didn't think movie projection was invented either.
"Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
"Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
"To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
"People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

Offline hades

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 12:21:35 PM »
The first machine patented in the United States that showed animated pictures or movies was a device called the "wheel of life" or "zoopraxiscope". Patented in 1867 by William Lincoln, moving drawings or photographs were watched through a slit in the zoopraxiscope. However, this was a far cry from motion pictures as we know them today. Modern motion picture making began with the invention of the motion picture camera.

Patented in 1867.  However I can't find evidence that 16mm motion picture exsisted back than.  That kind of film and camera were not available untill the 1900's.

But film was there in Lincoln's time.  Whether it was still in the inventors lab or not who knows.  I'll Google it.

-Hades

Offline UNOwen

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2009, 12:23:59 PM »

Offline hades

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2009, 12:27:21 PM »
Thanks for that footage.  I will watch it now.

Also...

1861 - the invention of the Kinematoscope, patented by Philadelphian Coleman Sellers, an improved rotating paddle machine to view (by hand-cranking) a series of stereoscopic still pictures on glass plates that were sequentially mounted in a cabinet-box

There were many different ways to have moving photographs back than.  This is just the closest one I googled around the time of Lincoln.  I am sure improvements could of been made.  Still can't find that 16mm was or was not there at that time.

-Hades

Offline 37

• "The President of what?"
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2009, 12:31:05 PM »
The first machine patented in the United States that showed animated pictures or movies was a device called the "wheel of life" or "zoopraxiscope". Patented in 1867 by William Lincoln, moving drawings or photographs were watched through a slit in the zoopraxiscope. However, this was a far cry from motion pictures as we know them today. Modern motion picture making began with the invention of the motion picture camera.

Patented in 1867.  However I can't find evidence that 16mm motion picture exsisted back than.  That kind of film and camera were not available untill the 1900's.

But film was there in Lincoln's time.  Whether it was still in the inventors lab or not who knows.  I'll Google it.

-Hades

That machine showed still pictures on a spinning drum to give the illusion of motion.  It wasn't on a film strip.

The first 16 mm film was introduced by Kodak in 1923.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/16_mm

"Whatever it is, I am against it."  -Groucho Marx

Channel 37
http://www.youtube.com/user/jmortimer37

Offline Optimus

• Globalist Destroyer
  • Global Moderator
    • GlobalGulag.com
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2009, 12:35:54 PM »
It's not real.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people,
it's an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” – Patrick Henry

>>> Global Gulag Media & Forum <<<

Offline hades

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2009, 12:37:11 PM »
This video link I showed was distorted and you can clearly see in the Video of Birth of the Nation that this is the same footage just more clear.  Clear enough to know it isnt Lincoln and is a film that wasnt available at Lincoln's time.

But, it shows the power of that video to this very day.  Also with all the breaks in the film I showed, the peices are clearly put together that this came from "Birth of the Nation".

Bravo!  Thanks everyone...But still there could be some kind of recording out there...you never know.  There were amost ten different types of motion capture...just not awesome ones.

Thanks,

Hades

Offline Al Bundy

Re: Lincoln Assasination.
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2016, 06:05:40 PM »
Now I'm on cable TV looked good film "Conspirator" (2011) with J. McAvoy and directed by Robert Redford. The film is a "trial" for the murder of US President A. Lincoln.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmoESMxbIIYhttp://

I do not know the history of the United States but I'm not so ignorant. In the movie "Consprator" for a few hours catching accomplices for murder of US President Lincoln, except J. Surratt and J.W. Booth ( more about that later ). The court immediately convened ( all generals!) A trial begins even faster! It's the middle of the 19th century!

In the mid 20th century was assassinated US president John F. Kennedy.
The police was very fast and arrest Lee Harvey Oswald. However, police only arrested him and interrogated him without legal counsel
 ( one of the accused of murder Mary J. Surrat gets legal counsel !! ). Unlike the assassination of Lincoln, authorities do not think about Booth as the only killer on the other hand the US Supreme Court ( "Warren Commission") quickly concluded that the only Oswald killed President Kennedy? It will take many years until someone in authority recognize> "Maybe someone else more is involved in the Kennedy assassination."

P.S. Both killers murdered: Booth killed by US soldier and Oswald killed by mobster J. Rubby.

P.P.S. I love history so I will be glad to explain this strange things. Thanks.