War against Christianity

Author Topic: War against Christianity  (Read 31840 times)

Offline MrLeN

War against Christianity
« on: March 12, 2009, 12:06:50 PM »
You know what? There's no bigger war against any religion, other than Christianity. It annoys me that every time I bring up God or the fact that I believe what the Bible says, people automatically refer to me as a fundamentalist. A lot of people, as soon as I mention anything about my faith in God at all, they look at me weird -- as if "wow, you are really crazy"..

..I think this world is becoming completely Godless. What annoys me even more than that, is the fact that those who look at me strange or respond to me strangely have a "set" opinion of any person who believes that God creates us.

It's the same online.. people are "well versed" with what they consider to be great rebuttals against the idea of God, but what gets me going is that they don't know the difference between faith and religion. They pull out cut and paste, blanket rebuttals  -- which directly accuse me of believing in things I don't even believe.

I can handle people not believing in God, but what annoys me more than anything is the arrogance that is growing along with that midset.

Offline Unintelligable Name

Re: War against Christianity
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 12:10:10 PM »
It might be best to just never bring it up -- be happy you are your own sovereign being, independant of what other's think and do.

Fact is -- and this doesn't simply apply to Religion or Chrisitanity specifically -- people repeat what they hear.

Offline David Rothscum

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 12:31:54 PM »
http://www.christianpost.com/Intl/General/2006/01/christian-population-growth-rate-higher-than-world-less-than-muslims-hindus-06/index.html

The world Christian population continues to grow, but at a slower rate than Hinduism and Islam, according to statistics from a U.K.-based research institute.

Christian Research indicates that by the middle of last year, 2.14 billion people made up the world’s Christian population – a 140-million-person increase from five years earlier. Christians, therefore, now make up one-third of the world’s population of 6.45 billion people.

Furthermore, the increase in the Christian population is growing at a slightly higher rate than the population in general – 1.3 percent per year versus 1.2 percent.

Christian Research attributes the increase to “huge continuing growth” in Asia and Africa, 2.6 percent and 2.4 percent, respectively. However, the rate of Christian population is decreasing in Europe.

Islam and Hinduism, meanwhile, have also seen growths in their population, experiencing even higher rates, according to Christian Research. Although the overall number of Muslims and Hindus – 1.31 billion Muslims in 2005 and 870 million Hindus – are less than Christians, the Islam population has grown at a rate of 1.9 percent per year and the Hindu population has grown at a rate of 1.5 percent per year.

Out of all Christian groups, charismatic independent churches are growing the fastest, at 2.4 percent per year.

Dr. Brierley, Executive Director of Christian Research, noted that charismatic black churches in the United Kingdom have also seen rapid growth.

Christian Research has been involved in major research projects including national church censuses and the 1998 English Church Attendance Survey. It holds a database of churches throughout the United Kingdom, information on ministers, and all organizations in the UK Christian Handbook. Recent clients of Christian Research include Scripture Union, Church of Scotland, Church of England Newspaper, World Vision, and Youth for Christ.

Offline MrLeN

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 12:38:56 PM »
It might be best to just never bring it up -- be happy you are your own sovereign being, independant of what other's think and do.

Fact is -- and this doesn't simply apply to Religion or Chrisitanity specifically -- people repeat what they hear.

That's all well and good, but what people don't understand is that if someone lives by their faith in God, then that faith is going to come out in their words, in their conversation, and in their sentences.

For example, I might mention God or Jesus in a conversation, because that's where my thought derived from. If someone says to me: Let's go to the strippers -- I might say: No, I wont do that. Then the other person will say why? Of course, I will respond with my reasoning: Because it's against my principals. Well what sort of principals are they? I might be asked, and then.. there's only one direction that conversation is going to go..

..and to cut a long story short, conversations always come to: "God??? What do you believe in all that religious stuff for???"...

It happens all the time. It's not like I am standing up on top of a bus stop shouting: YOU WILL GO TO HELL.. it's like you can't even "mention" God these days, and people's heads start doing 360's like of the exorcist or something. I am not even joking.

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 01:00:49 PM »
Jesus had a thing or two to say about people who criticize him for his beliefs I'm sure. Be glad you aren't being actively hunted and killed and can ever utter the words "I am a Christian."

You've got it pretty good in respect to the last 2,000 years.

That's my viewpoint.

Not that people cannot be more tolerant -- I'm not suggesting that.

Offline David Rothscum

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 01:04:36 PM »
War against the Tribal Religions:
http://www.wnrf.org/cms/tentrends.shtml

6. A decline of Tribal Religions

By 2000, the tribal religions will have shrunk from 6.5% in 1900 to 1.6% of world population. There are still some 5,000 ethno, folk or tribal religions among indigenous people of Africa and Asia number. By mid-century many western religionists thought that these ethno-religionists would disappear by 2000. And despite large numbers converting to Islam or Christianity in Africa, the world's ethno-religions remain stable at about 100 million. But in terms of keeping pace with world population, they have shrunk from 6.5% to 1.6% of world population.

War against (Protestant) Christianity seems to be going bad:

http://www.religioustolerance.org/worldrel.htm
Within Christianity, not all denominations have the same growth rate. Some annual growth rates are:

* Pentecostals: 8.1%
    * Evangelicals: 5.4%;
    * All Protestants: 3.3%
    * Roman Catholics and Others: 1.3%

Since the growth rate of humanity is above 1.4%, the "market share" of Roman Catholicism and others appears to be slowly dropping.

Missiologist Ralph Winter estimated in early 2001 that there are 680 million "born again" Christians in the world, and that they are growing at about 7% a year. This represents about 11% of the world's population and 33% of the total number of Christians

But...but...but... they're calling Christmas the HOLIDAY SEASON where I live!

Offline catholicportugalian

• Isabel la Catolica
    • The Four Marks newspaper
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 01:10:48 PM »
Christ Himself said that we will be hated for loving Him.  While you should be sad for those who persecute you, at the same time you can be happy about two things.  Their hatred for you is usually a sign that God is pleased with you, and the suffering you endure is a great thing to offer up for the conversion of poor sinners.
My daughter, I see more Pharisees among Christians than there were around Pilate. -- St. Margaret of Cortona

You cannot please both God and the world at the same time, They are utterly opposed to each other in their thoughts, their desires, and their actions. -- St. John Vianney

Offline John Gault

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 10:40:46 PM »
War against the Tribal Religions:
http://www.wnrf.org/cms/tentrends.shtml

* Pentecostals: 8.1%
    * Evangelicals: 5.4%;
    * All Protestants: 3.3%
    * Roman Catholics and Others: 1.3%

Since the growth rate of humanity is above 1.4%, the "market share" of Roman Catholicism and others appears to be slowly dropping.

Missiologist Ralph Winter estimated in early 2001 that there are 680 million "born again" Christians in the world, and that they are growing at about 7% a year. This represents about 11% of the world's population and 33% of the total number of Christians

But...but...but... they're calling Christmas the HOLIDAY SEASON where I live!

Just great David, all this world need is more Pentecostals. :D Their religion is targeting former Catholic strongholds in the poorer areas of Central & Soth America. One of the reasons they have seen a increase.

LeN- take great comfort in your knowledge and feel blessed that you have God in your life. Feel for those who want to lash out at you for your beliefs and look at them for who they really are.
I love my country, but I fear my government.

Dante: "Follow your own course, and let the people say what they will."

Offline MrLeN

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2009, 11:05:40 PM »
You know what annoys me more than people who have no idea what's written in the Bible, but their whole dismay toward God is derived from the lies of religion? It's the religions themselves. At the very least, I wish people weren't so ready to so profusely hate people, solely based off "stuff they've heard".

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2009, 11:06:46 PM »

What that guy said!

Oh wait -- that was me who said that.

Offline MrLeN

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2009, 11:10:30 PM »
Mate, asking people not to bring things up isn't a fair response. By that token, maybe there's a lot of people that shouldn't bring a lot of things up? That would be a very politically correct world. And in my opinion, you know what the result would be? Utter hatred, throughout the world - where no one is allowed to say anything about anything. The end result would be the biggest religion ever known to man, where everyone knows the rules on what they can and can't say. Think about it.

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2009, 11:17:06 PM »
The second part of what I said contains the relevance to what you posted previously.

What annoys me even more than that, is the fact that those who look at me strange or respond to me strangely have a "set" opinion of any person who believes that God creates us.

It annoys me that every time I bring up God or the fact that I believe what the Bible says, people automatically refer to me as a fundamentalis

Simply fix to not be annoyed is to not bring it up. That's all I'm suggesting. You being annoyed in not going to change the world or anyone's opinion. I understand you are venting frustration -- but still -- get realistic about it.

Imagine being a homosexual liberal Muslim black woman who lives in Wyoming in a cowboy community or something if you need some appreciation for your current situation.

tattoo8118

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2009, 11:19:55 PM »
Dont worry, us athiests have the same problem when we talk to people of the christian faith.  Sometimes you have to look at both sides to see the big picture, and chemical is right, if you feel the need to talk to someone about it, wait for them to bring up the subject.

Offline MrLeN

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2009, 11:21:20 PM »
There's nothing wrong with bringing things up. The problem lies in how people react to situations. If people are annoyed about something, they should bring it up. To live under the belief that we should never bring things up, because we can't change the world is wrong. We can change the world. Each one of us.

I don't go with the flow just because that's what everyone else does. I do my best to live my life according with my best understanding of truth and reality. If I don't agree with 20 other people in a room, that doesn't necessarily make me wrong.

tattoo8118

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2009, 11:26:20 PM »
You are right.

Offline lord edward coke

• "Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God"
    • sedm
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2009, 11:27:27 PM »
You know what annoys me more than people who have no idea what's written in the Bible, but their whole dismay toward God is derived from the lies of religion? It's the religions themselves. At the very least, I wish people weren't so ready to so profusely hate people, solely based off "stuff they've heard".
Of course, it is your duty ,as one who holds the truth ,to share that truth with the blind of this world.

What vetran of the truth movement does not feel an overwhelming compulsion to wake the sheeple?  ???

Indeed whole threads have been written on the 'best' way to awaken the sleeping masses.

Alex Jones whole life seems to revolve around getting out his version of the truth. (which i agree with) :)

But we have a higher and more important 'TRUTH' to share. ;)

No man lights a candle than hides it under a bushel.

http://www.roguegovernment.com/Ron_Paul_Helps_Glenn_Beck_Debunk_FEMA_Camps/14611/0/13/13/Y/M.html

glen beck+Ron Paul deny fema camps ???
"Liberty has never come from government.  Liberty has always come from the subjects of government. The history of liberty is a history  of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it." http://sedm.org/

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2009, 11:31:15 PM »
live under the belief that we should never bring things up, because we can't change the world is wrong.

If you were to lecture and speak on the subject, sure you could change a few minds in relation to Christianity -- possibly a lot depending on your skill level.

If you are simply becomming inwardly frustrated and annoyed at other people -- while doing nothing with that -- you can avoid the situation very easily by not bringing up the subject. Fairly obvious I know but I pointed it out anyway.

but what annoys me more than anything is the arrogance that is growing along with that midset

You dislike arrogance -- ok well how is getting annoyed at the person or giving lectures, writing books, or whatever it is you decide to do --going to change people's attitudes to be more receptive or forgiving or tolerant or whatever else it is you would like to see more of?

It isn't. People have free will and will act in according to what they see fit.

You can beat them over the head with suggestions or arguements or philosophical parables but in the end they choose what they do.

You can change perceptions and give out information and such -- but you really can't change someone's attitude unless they want it to change.

Hope I'm starting to make more sense to you.

Offline MrLeN

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2009, 12:04:10 AM »
I don't have much faith in academics. From what I understand of so called professors, they pull things out of their rear end by insurmountably larger instances than the [perceived]  words of the Bible. I could go on and on about all the documentaries/mockumentaries I've seen over the years, but I can't be bothered.

As for the rest of what you've said, why should I disagree? All these people running around the world, claiming to be Christians, when they're anything but Christian annoys me. They are causing the rest of the world, who have no idea what is in the Bible, to believe things that are simply not true -- the first being that anyone who reads the Bible and has faith in God is antagonistic

I don't know why atheists are entering the thread, defending free rights and freedom to do as they like etc. For a start, if homosexuals did live in a "Christian" community (as mentioned above by someone), a "real" Christian community of truly loving community of people who actually read and understand the Bible - they would have no cause for fear. They would be loved and treated kindly; even in spite of those Christians not condoning the fact that the individual is a homosexual. But I don't want to turn this into a gay topic, I don't want to deal with Gay's and Atheists at the same time.

This thread is really directed as so called Christians who do more harm than Good. There are thousands of secular movements for every cause on the planet, from gay rights, to atheists, to the thousands of different religions, to anti discriminatory movements defending color, nationality, age, sex, you name it.

At the end of the day, what I am trying to say is that the real Christians in this world -- the people who truly do read and understand the Bible, and live in their faith in God are getting a bad wrap by the so called Christians, demanding $29.95 for a better message on TV, and the world is rampant with such religion.

I just want people to understand the difference between religion and faith. There's a very very big difference. And expanding on what I said above, there is no person, or group of people that should be truly offended by the conduct of any true Christian. The Bible says, that you should love your enemy and cause your enemy to love you. You can't do that from standing at the top of a hill shouting: GOD HATES FAGS - YOU FAGGOT!, etc.. that is not Christianity. It's hijacked Christianity.

The War on Christianity I am speaking of is not aimed at the secular world. I am not targeting atheists or non believers' so there's no need to defend yourself. What I am saying is that it's all the so called religions of the world that are giving Christianity a bad name, and that is CAUSING secularism and atheism. If there weren't so many fools standing in pulpits, there wouldn't be so many people walking the earth cursing the garbage that comes out of their mouths. That's what I am annoyed with. As I already stated -- not the atheists'

Offline xTruthSeekerx

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2009, 12:07:10 AM »
for one we are to speak out against sin in a respectful manner, it is a war against Christianity, satan and his army is at a last grab for power as their end is nearing so expect more and more to come especially from new agers

Offline MrLeN

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2009, 12:08:33 AM »
The new age movement? There's nothing new about it. All it is -- is a big soup of all religions. Don't get me started on that...

Offline xTruthSeekerx

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2009, 12:11:15 AM »
The new age movement? There's nothing new about it. All it is -- is a big soup of all religions. Don't get me started on that...

that is true but your missing the point of what i said
expect more attacks

Offline Aerioch

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2009, 12:14:55 AM »
That's all well and good, but what people don't understand is that if someone lives by their faith in God, then that faith is going to come out in their words, in their conversation, and in their sentences.

For example, I might mention God or Jesus in a conversation, because that's where my thought derived from. If someone says to me: Let's go to the strippers -- I might say: No, I wont do that. Then the other person will say why? Of course, I will respond with my reasoning: Because it's against my principals. Well what sort of principals are they? I might be asked, and then.. there's only one direction that conversation is going to go..

..and to cut a long story short, conversations always come to: "God??? What do you believe in all that religious stuff for???"...

It happens all the time. It's not like I am standing up on top of a bus stop shouting: YOU WILL GO TO HELL.. it's like you can't even "mention" God these days, and people's heads start doing 360's like of the exorcist or something. I am not even joking.

I think you should take a second to consider that it is "Your Faith" and not always the faith, or belief of those you come into contact with.  The relationship between your god and you is a personal thing, it shouldn't be a problem to keep it that way, should it?  If you have problems with your faith being blurted into polite conversation around non-familiar people...then you might need to internalize your zeal a bit.

btw.. the war on "terror" seems to be focused on religions other then Christianity. So lighten up on the persecution complex a tad.
Dr. Strangelove: Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

Offline xTruthSeekerx

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2009, 12:31:56 AM »
do not be afraid of showing your faith or proclaiming your faith
spread the gospel my friend and spread it far

Offline Amd304912

• Ietsism (Dutch “ietsisme” - "Somethingism")
    • Israel-centered-neoconservative-death-cult-of-evangelican-born-again-Xtians-Are-you-one?                                      Im Not.
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2009, 12:38:01 AM »
I think you should take a second to consider that it is "Your Faith" and not always the faith, or belief of those you come into contact with.  The relationship between your god and you is a personal thing, it shouldn't be a problem to keep it that way, should it?  If you have problems with your faith being blurted into polite conversation around non-familiar people...then you might need to internalize your zeal a bit.

btw.. the war on "terror" seems to be focused on religions other then Christianity. So lighten up on the persecution complex a tad.

That is true, every one has a zone or a barrier that is not supposed to be crossed. Some have an issue keeping the sacred personal and cant do that at all.
faith basers make me as sick as free basers Surah 75 سورة القيامة - محمد [ http://powerofthadolla.freeforums.org/ ] An Almond for a Parrot
€∀§M_ ³ حتى الآلهة الحمار الاحتفاظ زنجي الخراء تمشيا   أنت كافر نكاح تفرز من الشيطان الاكبر يا  ح

Offline MrLeN

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2009, 12:43:30 AM »
There's a big problem here. All these wars by a so called Christian nation.. Carried out by so called Christians. When the world gets angry, and when trouble in the world comes for all, who is going to be on the end of the stick?

Let me assure you, not one Christian has ever called for a war. You can call those people what you like, but I say they are not Christian.

Where in the Bible does God say: "If you suspect that another nation has weapons, attack them and murder millions, and do it in my name"?

The people who are going to be mobbed are the genuine Christians.. the one's who speak about God in their every day life. They will be accused of: "faith being blurted into polite conversation around non-familiar people".. and they will be blamed by the actions of people who say they are Christians - but are not.

Let me assure you also, there are very few Christians walking this planet.

Offline xTruthSeekerx

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2009, 12:45:14 AM »
some people do not want to hear the truth and we know what happens as told in luke 21 and matthew 24 to real belivers not deceived by the anti christ and satan

Offline MrLeN

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2009, 12:46:38 AM »
some people do not want to hear the truth and we know what happens as told in luke 21 and matthew 24 to real belivers not deceived by the anti christ and satan

Some??

Offline xTruthSeekerx

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2009, 12:47:21 AM »
Some??

people of this world the unbelievers with a hardened and cold heart

Offline MrLeN

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2009, 12:49:37 AM »
people of this world the unbelievers with a hardened and cold heart

You know, I am not angry with these people. I am truly very upset. I don't know why people are the way they are, No matter how nice you are to people in this world, or how  much love you show them -- they want to find a reason to hate you, and they will twist anything they can around in order to find reason.

It's an epidemic. I blame the so called Christians, who are not Christians, babbling garbage from the pulpits, inciting people and urging for wars.

Offline Raincheck

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2009, 12:52:43 AM »
You know, I am not angry with these people. I am truly very upset. I don't know why people are the way they are, No matter how nice you are to people in this world, or how  much love you show them -- they want to find a reason to hate you, and they will twist anything they can around in order to find reason.

It's an epidemic. I blame the so called Christians, who are not Christians, babbling garbage from the pulpits, inciting people and urging for wars.

Yeah, that's a great idea. Blame them. That's reasonable.

Offline xTruthSeekerx

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2009, 12:53:18 AM »

some people just will not listen at the time but maybe
blame satan he is the father of lies, blame the government for doing this it all ties back into the devil one way or another IMO

not many pastors address the issues of today and the ones that do are hated and made examples of even if they do incite things the fire for God needs to be high at this time in time it is not easy but in Christ all is possible

Offline Amd304912

• Israel-centered-neoconservative-death-cult-of-evangelican-born-again-Xtians-Are-you-one?                                      Im Not.
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2009, 12:54:18 AM »
There's a big problem here. All these wars by a so called Christian nation.. Carried out by so called Christians. When the world gets angry, and when trouble in the world comes for all, who is going to be on the end of the stick?

Let me assure you, not one Christian has ever called for a war. You can call those people what you like, but I say they are not Christian.

Where in the Bible does God say: "If you suspect that another nation has weapons, attack them and murder millions, and do it in my name"?

The people who are going to be mobbed are the genuine Christians.. the one's who speak about God in their every day life. They will be accused of: "faith being blurted into polite conversation around non-familiar people".. and they will be blamed by the actions of people who say they are Christians - but are not.

Let me assure you also, there are very few Christians walking this planet.

I know what you are saying, all the wars were conviend on the notion of domination which became domination theology which explains your reason for being worried.

read about it here: http://www.sullivan-county.com/nf0/fundienazis/diamond.htm

You are also right in part, prior to the 1950's many were called to war and many knew. The bible does say to "keep seperated" also to wage war on those not like.. ex Leviticus 15

now the mobbing will be done by christian on christian so those who speak in verse may be what you are meaning. speaking gods word is about living it not being a parrot, you have to show and prove.

lastly you are so correct.
faith basers make me as sick as free basers Surah 75 سورة القيامة - محمد [ http://powerofthadolla.freeforums.org/ ] An Almond for a Parrot
€∀§M_ ³ حتى الآلهة الحمار الاحتفاظ زنجي الخراء تمشيا   أنت كافر نكاح تفرز من الشيطان الاكبر يا  ح

Offline xTruthSeekerx

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2009, 12:55:32 AM »
here we go more of this bs right wing left wing crap you always post amd

Offline Amd304912

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2009, 12:57:51 AM »
quit the paradigim trolling paradigm troll.

wtf is wrong with you? you hate others responding too?

Offline MrLeN

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2009, 12:58:52 AM »
It will be the antichrist's against the Christians.. and already is.. the frustrating part is that the secular world doesn't understand the difference. But let me assure you, that the antichrist's will have no problem turning on the secular world as well. They will accuse the secular world of not being a part of "their" religion - the antichrist religion of the world.

Offline xTruthSeekerx

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2009, 12:59:10 AM »
no i am tired of paradigm pushing that is all

Offline xTruthSeekerx

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2009, 01:00:07 AM »
It will be the antichrist's against the Christians.. and already is.. the frustrating part is that the secular world doesn't understand the difference. But let me assure you, that the antichrist's will have no problem turning on the secular world as well. They will accuse the secular world of not being a part of "their" religion - the antichrist religion of the world.

yes in the end it is anti christ vs Israel and Christianity but in the end evil is done away with
odd times we're in my friend

Offline MrLeN

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2009, 01:01:27 AM »
It says in the Bible, that not all seed is from God.

Offline Amd304912

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2009, 01:01:47 AM »

its one of those ah-hah moments right?

you will know whats best for you, we are all individuals and at the same time community. dont let it all get overwhelming because thats what it is. the thing is you have to just stay calm and collect your thoughts and not let the hype get to you.

Offline xTruthSeekerx

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2009, 01:02:29 AM »
It says in the Bible, that not all seed is from God.

least we know the end is near right, not trying to be a downer but live as if Christ would return this moment
live for HIM