Zbig on MSNBC 3 months ago explains the Pakistan agenda (destabilize region)

Author Topic: Zbig on MSNBC 3 months ago explains the Pakistan agenda (destabilize region)  (Read 822 times)

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
video: MSNBC: Zbigniew Brzezinski on Morning Joe threatening Russia, Obama’s cabinet
http://polytricks.wordpress.com/2008/11/26/brzezinski-morning-joe-25-nov-2008/
2008/11/26

Dr. Brzezinski said some VERY interesting things this morning.  He was outlining a strategy for Obama, explain the role of National Security Adviser (and his controlling influence on the President), threatening Russia, and there were many rather bizarre comments made by the talking heads in regard to him.

Great stuff, confirming the new target is Russia, not Iraq or Iran, not even Pakistan… tho they will use Pakistan to destabilize both China and Russia.
Brzezinski: Jim Jones, Obama need a ‘cohesive relationship’

Nov. 25: Former national security adviser and Mika’s father Zbigniew Brzezinski discusses the rapport President-elect Barack Obama should be expected to have with members of Cabinet.

video: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/27907202#27907202

transcript:

Mika Brzezinski: So let’s talk about this. With us now former National Security Adviser Dr. Zbigniew Brzezinski whose conversations with Brent Scowcroft on the future of American foreign policy can be found in their new book America and the World. And Dr. Brzezinski, dad, welcome! I turn you over to my illustrious panel because I will not interview you. Good morning, though!

Chuck Todd: Good morning. Dr. Brzezinski, I want to start. You’re a member of an exclusive club of National Security Advisers to presidents. A couple of questions: One, talk about the importance of a cohesive relationship between a National Security Adviser and a Secretary of State and I’m curious what you know about Jim Jones and what kind of relationship he will have with Madam Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton.

Zbigniew Brzezinski: Well, first of all, the cohesive relationship has to be between the president and the National Security Adviser and I’m not saying this because I held that position but because National Security Adviser works so intimately with the president. He is the person who sees him very early in the morning. He is the one who keeps him informed. He is the one who alerts him to issues. He is the one who sticks his head into the president’s office several times a day. So the president and he really have to have a close professional relationship. Of course, the president (is) in charge but the National Security Adviser often acting as his alter ego.

Secondly, you have to take into account the fact that the president is swamped, literally swamped by a paper flow addressed to him from the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Defense, the Director of Central Intelligence, and these papers are allegedly destined for the president but he can’t read them all. He just doesn’t have the time for that. So the National Security Adviser has to process that. The National Security Adviser has to have a working relationship with the Secretary of State, the Defense, CIA and hopefully work in unison - sharing a similar perspective - coordinate that policy. But the leadership really has to come from the president if that system is to function.

Chuck Todd: So you’re saying that the relationship order, president and NSA need to be cohesive. But it does sound like Jim Jones and Hillary Clinton in this case have a better relationship, frankly, than even the president and the secretary of state did. That it’s the Jones-Clinton nexus that is going to be more important in some ways than the Obama-Clinton.

Zbig: That’s right. And it’s also a question very much of who in a sense initiates and shapes the strategy, the overall policy. The Secretary of State will be very busy. The Secretary of State has to travel an enormous amount, often is away from the Capitol for a long period of time because of lengthy trips abroad. So, who shapes policy? Who makes the basic decisions? And here again there is a kind of symbiotic relationship between the president and the National Security Adviser. The National Security Adviser has to integrate the sometimes conflicting views of the Secretary of State or the Secretary of the Defense. He has to present options to the president so that the president with the National Security Counsel at his side then evaluates, assesses the options, and makes the ultimate decisions. So, in a sense, there is a kind of critical role for the National Security Adviser in helping the president make decisions and then in supervising, coordinating the implementation of these decisions.

Mika: Dad, Mike Barnicle has a question for you.

Mike Barnicle: Dr. Brzezinski, clearly the precarious state of the Russian economy bodes ill for the economic ills in our global economy. What do you see over the next year in terms of the United States’ relationship with Russia given the state of the economy in both countries? What does this have to do - What does this tell us potentially about our national security relationship with Russia?

Zbig: Well, let’s keep in mind something very fundamental here namely the massive disproportion between the global importance of the two economies. The American economy accounts for something like 25% to 30% of the global GDP. The Russian economy for only about 3%. In other words, what happens to our economy is central to the condition of the global economy. What happens to the Russian economy is marginal to what happens to the global economy. That’s point one.

Point two, until recently Putin and his leadership thought that they were eating their oats, they thought they were riding high, and they were snickering at our economic difficulties pointing out that in contrast they’re doing very well. And then, lo and behold, they learned the painful truth. Namely, they’re interdependent with the global economy and more than we and more vulnerable than we. Now our stock market dropped by what 30-35%? Theirs by 65%. There has been a significant outflow of capital from Russia. The ruble has plunged downwards. The dollar, surprisingly, is getting stronger.

The world knows the global economic recovery will come if America recovers. And if we don’t there will not be a global economic recovery. Whether Russia recovers or not depends on the intelligence of Russian policy and the degree to which the Russian leaders recognize something that’s absolutely new in Russian history. Namely, that Russia, in fact, is interdependent with the global economy and vulnerable if it doesn’t do well. So, to make a long story short, my point is that I think we’ll find the Russians more amiable, more willing to accommodate because they’ve had a painful lesson in the new global realities.

Mika: And just a lesson for our panel: there will be no interrupting with my father. Mike Barnicle..

Barnicle: Dr. Brzezinski, Mika is lecturing us..

Mika: Dad, Dylan Ratigan from CNBC has a question for you.

Dylan Ratigan: Dr. Brzezinski, what - in a sentence - what would you suggest the guiding foreign policy for the new administration should be?

Zbig: Well, in general what I would say is it has to originate with Obama and it has to be identified with him because he is, right now, the hope, the universal hope. I mean, the enthusiasm for him worldwide is enormous. And they expect from him a rather different American foreign policy from the one that we have had in recent years. And there could be some worry, perhaps exaggerated worry abroad that he may be outsourcing diplomacy to the Department of State with a very able new Secretary of State who, however, has disagreed with him on some fundamental foreign policy issues and he may be outsourcing defense policy to a very able very good, whom i know very well, Secretary of Defense, who, however, may have somewhat different views whether a missile defense or on new nuclear weapons or in the pace of withdrawls. So the president has to demonstrate that there is no outsourcing, that he is in charge. And I think the best way for him to do that is, in the near future, after he’s got his economic team in place, after he has kind of created some degree of domestic confidence, that he addresses the world in very broad terms, perhaps with a very major interview in print in which he would outline his basic philosophy and the general thrust of what he plans to do after he assumes office.  And that would mean one, how to deal with Europe. Two, how to enlarge the global circle of decision makers. Three, how to engage the new major powers, notably China, perhaps Russia that is accommodating. And last but not least, how does he pacify that huge region east of Egypt, west of India in which we’re becoming increasingly bogged down.

Mika: That’s just a few things..

Chuck Todd: That’s just a one term plan..

Mika: Yeah..

Chuck Todd: He can do it all in one term

Mika: Dr. Brzezinski stay with us. You’ll hang around for awhile. We’ll bring you back because I know we didn’t let Mark Halperin ask a question.  Well, I’m gonna keep him on if you don’t mind.

Chuck Todd: He must know something. Did you see how well behaved Barnicle was?

Mika: You guys are so much better well behaved when my father is involved.
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately