Recommended water filters to filter flouride?

Author Topic: Recommended water filters to filter flouride?  (Read 69272 times)

Offline _CREATIONIST_

• 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB.
Recommended water filters to filter flouride?
« on: February 25, 2009, 04:42:05 PM »
Hey all, I was just wondering what type of water filter you use to filter out all the chemicals the government puts in the water. What about Brita filters? I really want to get something to reduce
My exposure to these chemicals.
" In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength." - General Robert E. Lee

Offline cl2008

Re: Recommended water filters to filter flouride?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 05:00:19 PM »
Hey all, I was just wondering what type of water filter you use to filter out all the chemicals the government puts in the water. What about Brita filters? I really want to get something to reduce
My exposure to these chemicals.

http://www.summitosmosis.com/

I have one of their units.  A 7-stage filter.  Its good. 

Offline g1rlg0ne

• Charly
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 05:27:28 PM »
Berkey Water filters

http://www.berkeyfilters.com/

We love ours. Our puppy doesn't even drink fluoridated water!

Offline _CREATIONIST_

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 05:28:58 PM »
http://www.summitosmosis.com/

I have one of their units.  A 7-stage filter.  Its good. 

That's interesting. I also took a look at the one AJ always promotes ecolo blue but it's just too big. I'm looking for something that is small and out of the way. The sooner I don't have to drink chlorine and floride the better.
" In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength." - General Robert E. Lee

Mber

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 05:30:40 PM »
Berkey Water filters

yup yup. I have one as-well, works wonders. Make sure you get the white PF-4 filters as them come separate from the standard black ones.

Offline _CREATIONIST_

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 05:34:09 PM »
Berkey Water filters

There we go. Now that's something I'm looking for, hefty price tag but it's worth it if it will get those chemicals out.

Offline g1rlg0ne

• Charly
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 05:44:11 PM »
Ya, and the filters are about $100 every 10 months. Seems well worth it! Best $300 I've spent in ages.

Offline Matt Hatter

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 05:51:25 PM »
I got mine from this Canadian Company
http://www.gtawater.com/

Offline Elvis

• just one
Re: Recommended water filters to filter fluoride?
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 05:56:12 PM »
While we're on the subjest of fluoridated water, heard Paul Connett, PhD - Professor of Chemistry, St. Lawrence University, New York on Coast To Coast archive:

2009-01-13 - Hour 2 - Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
2009-01-13 - Hour 3 - Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
2009-01-13 - Hour 4 - Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
http://coast.gmms.ca/#page_C2009.html

Also:
http://fluoridealert.org/fluoride-statement.htm

He said that fluoridated water is sometimes used to water food crops where it can accumulate in high concentrations. There is a list of fluoride sources @:
http://www.fluoridealert.org/
"A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within." - Will Durant

Offline spangler

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 06:00:07 PM »
A lot of people use water distillation units. They remove almost all the fluoride. Distillation has the do it yourself advantage. You can construct a distillation system easily and inexpensively using every day household items.

Another means of fluoride removal is an Activated Alumina Defluoridation Filter. As far as I can tell they remove 85-90% depending on how much alumina you put in the filter. 

Reverse osmosis removes fluoride. FWIW, I've heard AJ say it doesn't really remove it properly because it's so small. But, everywhere I look, reverse osmosis is recommended as a means to remove fluoride from water. If you do use a reverse osmosis system get a 5 stage unit. That oughtta do it.

The  berkey and ecola blue systems are popular choices. I don't really know enough about those systems to comment on them.

Offline _CREATIONIST_

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 08:48:37 PM »
A lot of people use water distillation units. They remove almost all the fluoride. Distillation has the do it yourself advantage. You can construct a distillation system easily and inexpensively using every day household items.

Another means of fluoride removal is an Activated Alumina Defluoridation Filter. As far as I can tell they remove 85-90% depending on how much alumina you put in the filter. 

Reverse osmosis removes fluoride. FWIW, I've heard AJ say it doesn't really remove it properly because it's so small. But, everywhere I look, reverse osmosis is recommended as a means to remove fluoride from water. If you do use a reverse osmosis system get a 5 stage unit. That oughtta do it.

The  berkey and ecola blue systems are popular choices. I don't really know enough about those systems to comment on them.

I think im going to probably get the berkey system. It looks like the best deal, I am impressed.

Offline Committed

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 09:39:41 PM »
I've done a lot of searching and comparing and I think http://www.purewateressentials.com/ is what I'm going with.  Probably the one that goes to the fridge since we get most of our drinking water there and could get 100% there if we want to.  Could add another under the sink.  Would like the whole house filter, but just too much money. 
General Douglas MacArthur:
"I am concerned for the security of our great nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within."

www.oathkeepers.org

Offline mr anderson

• WeAreChange Brisbane
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 11:12:43 PM »
....Can anyone recommend an Australian equivalent? ? ?

That removes a great deal of what a water filter should, not just some general water filtering site  :)

Sometimes I'm lucky for even some of Alex's sponsor to post here and even then the postage is insane.

WeAreChange Brisbane
I hold personal views, beliefs and opinions that do not necessarily reflect the beliefs and opinions of WeAreChange Brisbane as a whole.

Our Bitcoin address: 1Fzb4bp48oMr7CFzT3SbkTzKpMSvWW1X1t

Offline spangler

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009, 01:55:05 AM »
....Can anyone recommend an Australian equivalent? ? ?

That removes a great deal of what a water filter should, not just some general water filtering site  :)

Sometimes I'm lucky for even some of Alex's sponsor to post here and even then the postage is insane.

If you're looking for berkey but can't get one, get yourself a distillation unit.

Offline _CREATIONIST_

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2009, 09:31:19 AM »
I've done a lot of searching and comparing and I think http://www.purewateressentials.com/ is what I'm going with.  Probably the one that goes to the fridge since we get most of our drinking water there and could get 100% there if we want to.  Could add another under the sink.  Would like the whole house filter, but just too much money. 

Thats too good of a price to be true. I like the water pitcher filter that they have. My question is how does it stand up against the bekley? How does it perform against fluoride?

Offline _CREATIONIST_

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2009, 12:11:34 AM »

thanks for posting that, I just bought it. I cant wait to get it.

Offline g1rlg0ne

• Charly
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2009, 12:39:01 PM »
Hooray for water that's fit to drink!
I think it's sad that we need to pay to take the chemicals they dump into our reservoirs out of the water. It should be the other way around!!!

Offline spangler

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2009, 12:49:47 PM »
Keep in mind that a water filter in the kitchen isn't enough. Ideally you get a Whole House Water System. You're still exposed to fluoride when you shower through the vaporized water (steam) you inhale, and from other unfiltered taps in your home.

I would at least get one for the shower in addition to the main source tap in your home.

Offline _CREATIONIST_

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2009, 06:16:35 PM »
Keep in mind that a water filter in the kitchen isn't enough. Ideally you get a Whole House Water System. You're still exposed to fluoride when you shower through the vaporized water (steam) you inhale, and from other unfiltered taps in your home.

I would at least get one for the shower in addition to the main source tap in your home.

I wouldn't mind doing that. I got the crystal quest pitcher for 30$ last night and It has a 4 stage filter that gets most stuff.  I can't wait to get it in the mail. I'm also thinking about starting a small garden.

Offline spangler

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2009, 01:53:54 AM »
I'm also thinking about starting a small garden.

Good idea. Just make sure to water it with a filtered hose or water from a filtered tap.

Offline g1rlg0ne

• Charly
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2009, 12:48:10 PM »

Good idea. Just make sure to water it with a filtered hose or water from a filtered tap.

I was thinking about that, too. We're going to make a rain barrel 'cos we get so much water on our roof after rainfall...but I was thinking if it's chemical rain we'll be watering our food with it...It would be nice to be able to filter all the water we'd use for our plants/food, but it seems like such a large undertaking. I think working towards having truly organic soil and water for growing is a terrific idea. I'd need a load of Berkeys to water my yard, though.

well armed

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2009, 10:53:13 PM »
can someone give me a link on flouride, Thanks
Still Learning

Offline g1rlg0ne

• Charly
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2009, 02:10:54 AM »
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7319752042352089988

The Fluoride Deception
That'll scratch the surface...barely...

Offline Unintelligable Name

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2009, 02:13:04 AM »

well armed

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2009, 10:36:54 AM »
Thank you for the links. Great info, What a way to start my day.  lol

Offline unswed

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2015, 08:30:30 AM »
I have to say I have something to say. I remember my first filter was a water filter pitcher. I planned to use it to remove fluoride. However, it seemed cheap but the cost of replacement filter costed me much. Then I also bought a water distiller, but it couldn't provide me with enough water. Finally, I bought a reverse osmosis system which can remove fluoride as well as other contaminants and can offer me plenty of water to cook, drink, even wash. From then on, I am used to drinking filtered water from my RO system. Compared with buying bottled water, it is so cheap.

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
Don't believe me. Look it up yourself!

Offline JohnnyGo

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2016, 04:52:33 AM »
I have a Brita filter and find it pretty "lightweight" when it comes to filtering. It improves the taste of the water, but I have reservations about how effective it actually is. The water in my area is contaminated with heavy metals, so I'm considering a reverse osmosis system for peace of mind.
As for filtering fluoride, APEX have a filter which specializes in this area. It can be found at the bottom of this page: https://waterfilteranswers.com/compare-whole-house-water-filter-reviews/

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
Don't believe me. Look it up yourself!