IT'S THE SUN, silly...!

Author Topic: IT'S THE SUN, silly...!  (Read 58613 times)

JTCoyoté

Re: IT'S THE SUN, silly...!
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2009, 11:29:32 AM »
 The title of this thread presupposes cosmic factors as the predominant origin of climate on earth and rightly points toward the sun as the primary engine throttling all earthly climate. This thread is pointing the finger of truth at the ridiculousness of the idea that human activity somehow outweighs the demonstrable facts in regard to the Earth's climate.

Nowhere have I stated that Willie Soons work was apocalyptic. I merely stated that the particular subject matter of cosmic radiation/solar activity, not just his work but the work of others, is being used in the media both televised and in print, to promote the idea of a cosmic ray apocalypse... It has been all over the History Channel the last week or so as a matter of fact.

Then, your allusion that because his paper is 10 years old and has been peer reviewed, it should be somehow above broad scientific scrutiny, sorry, but that does NOT put it above the fray, in this, or any situation. Since the anthropogenic climate change bogeyman first raised its ugly head in the mid-1970s all science is open to scrutiny in light of discovery...

The bottom line is in my opinion, Soon's paper was floated by you as a red herring... Since cosmic radiation, though a factor, is largely, controlled by the magnetic fields of the Sun/Earth system, and is seen to a greater or lesser degree based upon solar irradiance...Thus, it is in no way under human control, not at all anthropogenic.  And finally, for your information, solar irradiance includes the full solar electromagnetic spectrum in all of its physical manifestations which includes the solar magnetic field...

In this last post you have twisted the title to mean it is ONLY the sun...which if that were the case, would negate all other cosmic influences which clearly is not the intent of this thread... the intent is rather to point to the absurdity of anthropogenic climate change... and the technocratic taxing authority being implemented and the pseudo religion that is growing up around it.

The possibility of cosmic catastrophe has always been in the cards... the fact that someone points it out in a scientific manner does not increase nor decrease the likelihood... yet, in either case it is not in our power to control what might happen. This includes utilizing a possible cosmic cataclysm, or some solar irradiance anomaly as justification for dispersion of metallic particles or some such into the atmosphere by aircraft or other means as a precaution, is pure bunk.  In any case this will not become a cosmic catastrophe thread, or a "we can fix it all by chem-trailing" thread, this is a human beings do not cause climate change thread, and I will thank you very much to keep that in mind.

JTCoyoté

"There is nothing like a sentence of death,
and 30 seconds, to wonderfully clear the mind."

~ Robert Bly

Offline iQon

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2009, 06:04:40 PM »

Then, your contention that because his paper is 10 years old and has been reviewed, it should be excluded from broad scientific scrutiny. Sorry, but this does NOT put it above the fray in the present situation, since the anthropogenic climate change bogeyman first raised its ugly head in the mid-1970s. All science is open to scrutiny in light of discovery by the way...

The bottom line is that Soon's paper was floated here by you as a red herring... Since cosmic radiation, though a factor, is largely, controlled by the magnetic fields of the Sun/Earth system, and is accomplished to a greater or lesser degree based upon solar irradiance...Thus is no way under human control, no way anthropogenic.  And finally, for your information, solar irradiance includes the full solar electromagnetic spectrum in all of its physical manifestations which includes the solar magnetic field...

JTCoyoté

No, I did not say that Dr Soon's paper should be excluded from scientific scrutiny or anything remotely mistakable for that. In any case, the paper will bear whatever scrutiny is applied to it since it presents scientific findings not theory, hyperbole or rhetoric...

If you think the paper (or my posting it) is a red herring then I suspect you have not read it or have not understood it. A correlation means little without the mechanism involved, but if you merely wanted to point out that climate change was not anthropogenic and cite other correlations as evidence then maybe "It's not you, silly..!" might have been more fitting. Ironically, given what you wrote about my "red herring", the paper I posted actually adds great weight to the original thread title..

Solar irradiance measurements do not include the magnetic field or the magnetically charged solar wind plasma, which makes up the Sun/Earth magnetic field. Irradiance is typically the EM range from about 100nm to 1mm wavelength. Magnetic fields are not EM radiation and do not have, as such, wavelengths or velocities while magnetically charged particles do, but again, solar wind is not part of irradiance measurements either.

The possibility of cosmic catastrophe has always been in the cards... the fact that someone points it out in a scientific manner does not increase nor decrease the likelihood... but in either case it is not in our power to control what might happen. This includes utilizing a possible cosmic cataclysm, or some solar irradiance anomaly as justification for dispersion of metallic particles or some such into the atmosphere by aircraft or other means as a precaution, is pure bunk.  In any case this will not become a cosmic catastrophe thread, or "we can fix it all by chem-trailing" thread, this is a human beings do not cause climate change thread, and I will thank you very much to keep that in mind.

This is another indicator that you haven't read the paper because it does not point to cosmic catastrophe in any way whatsoever, and nothing I have posted references any sort of atmospheric spraying or anything else, so I would call this part of your post a "straw red herring". I recommend you read the paper.

It's a shame that you failed to notice that what I posted adds great scientific ballast and mechanistic explanation to the central thrust of the thread before you incomprehensibly started attacking it...

JTCoyoté

« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2009, 12:28:35 AM »
No, I did not say that Dr Soon's paper should be excluded from scientific scrutiny or anything remotely mistakable for that. In any case, the paper will bear whatever scrutiny is applied to it since it presents scientific findings not theory, hyperbole or rhetoric...

If you think the paper (or my posting it) is a red herring then I suspect you have not read it or have not understood it. A correlation means little without the mechanism involved, but if you merely wanted to point out that climate change was not anthropogenic and cite other correlations as evidence then maybe "It's not you, silly..!" might have been more fitting. Ironically, given what you wrote about my "red herring", the paper I posted actually adds great weight to the original thread title..

Solar irradiance measurements do not include the magnetic field or the magnetically charged solar wind plasma, which makes up the Sun/Earth magnetic field. Irradiance is typically the EM range from about 100nm to 1mm wavelength. Magnetic fields are not EM radiation and do not have, as such, wavelengths or velocities while magnetically charged particles do, but again, solar wind is not part of irradiance measurements either.

This is another indicator that you haven't read the paper because it does not point to cosmic catastrophe in any way whatsoever, and nothing I have posted references any sort of atmospheric spraying or anything else, so I would call this part of your post a "straw red herring". I recommend you read the paper.

It's a shame that you failed to notice that what I posted adds great scientific ballast and mechanistic explanation to the central thrust of the thread before you incomprehensibly started attacking it...

Then perhaps you should be more specific, like saying, "the paper is 10 years old and has been reviewed by Svensmark and others but that doesn't eliminate it from further review." Secondly, and I reiterate, I didn't say his paper indicated a cosmic cataclysm... I said that others are using his work, and the work of others to predict a cosmic cataclysm, It is how they work to demonize good science... I also stated that there is always a possibility of a cosmic ray event but little chance that we would be in the "jet-path"... the essence of Willies work deals primarily with our star in any case, but the cataclysm folks like the part where the weakened field lets stuff from elsewhere slip in...

I noticed you use the abbreviation for the electro-magnetic spectrum... and you qualify irradiance as being only that range between 100 nm and 1 mm... in other words the visible light range... yet when dealing with solar irradiance, as it effects the earth and its magnetic field, as well as it's weather etc we are not talking about just visible light here we are talking total irradiance... the reason it is called the electromagnetic spectrum is because it covers the entire spectrum as does the suns output for the most part... Total irradiance pretty much covers what ir-radiates electro-magnetically... dimness and brightness in the visible wavelength doesn't indicate what is happening across the board for all wavelengths, yet total irradiance as a general description allows for easier transition into the more specific... and a spring board into the sun's charged "windy" effect on local space as well...

What is incomprehensible to one may be completely comprehensible to the one asking clarification for the sake of others in this case... it did not go unnoticed iQon only unacknowledged and only because of my preceding point... If you feel attacked perhaps you should toughen your skin a little bit... the going may get a little rough around here. There are more people that read these threads than just those who are scientifically minded. Many come in here to rip the place apart... easy to deal with those... others come in to learn something, and if it's all Greek from the get go, they go away... I don't want them to go away, I want them to learn. As to the red herring comment... well maybe that was a bit over the top.

You already know what Willie's paper entails... the hypothesis, the scientific work behind it as well and as the conclusions he reaches... after all, it was published for over 9 years ago and is known and you posted it... It has been talked about a lot in the the anti-Anthropogenic Climate Change circles among other places... and I thought I intimated enough in my first post to let you know that I didn't have to read it again... I read it six years ago and their have been expansions and further work by he and his colleague Sallie Baliuneas... as well as the lecture series by Harold Jefferies that mirrors Willie's work... Myself I'm not convinced that we are about to enter another Maunder Minimum... not yet anyway...

Any-case, if you're here to prove something, spit it out.... and if you are here to help educate... then welcome aboard.

JTCoyoté

"All men having power ought to be
distrusted to a certain degree."

~James Madison

Offline iQon

« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2009, 12:28:15 PM »
Then perhaps you should be more specific, like saying, "the paper is 10 years old and has been reviewed by Svensmark and others but that doesn't eliminate it from further review." Secondly, and I reiterate, I didn't say his paper indicated a cosmic cataclysm... I said that others are using his work, and the work of others to predict a cosmic cataclysm, It is how they work to demonize good science... I also stated that there is always a possibility of a cosmic ray event but little chance that we would be in the "jet-path"... the essence of Willies work deals primarily with our star in any case, but the cataclysm folks like the part where the weakened field lets stuff from elsewhere slip in...

The whole point of the research is not that it points to any cosmic ray event but that the interractions of solar charged particles and cosmic rays from elsewhere in the galaxy are an essential part of the Earth's climate cycles both long and short term. According to the data, the weaker the magnetic field and solar wind is, the more "stuff from elsewhere" will interract with Earth's atmosphere - regardless of who likes this fact or not.

I noticed you use the abbreviation for the electro-magnetic spectrum... and you qualify irradiance as being only that range between 100 nm and 1 mm... in other words the visible light range... yet when dealing with solar irradiance, as it effects the earth and its magnetic field, as well as it's weather etc we are not talking about just visible light here we are talking total irradiance... the reason it is called the electromagnetic spectrum is because it covers the entire spectrum as does the suns output for the most part... Total irradiance pretty much covers what ir-radiates electro-magnetically... dimness and brightness in the visible wavelength doesn't indicate what is happening across the board for all wavelengths, yet total irradiance as a general description allows for easier transition into the more specific... and a spring board into the sun's charged "windy" effect on local space as well...

This is simply wrong - the vast majority of the range 100nm to 1mm is not visible light that is why it is total irradiance as I said. To make it simpler, think of total irradiance as "heat and light" (both visible and invisible). The measurement of total irradiance does not, as I said before, include the magnetic field or magnetic plasma (solar wind). The magnetic output does tend to correlate with total irradiance but they are separate and, again, correlations mean little without understanding the mechanism.

What is incomprehensible to one may be completely comprehendible to the one asking clarification for the sake of others in this case... it did not go unnoticed iQon only unacknowledged and only because of my preceding point... If you feel attacked perhaps you should toughen your skin a little bit... the going may get a little rough around here. There are more people that read these threads than just those who are scientifically minded. Many come in here to rip the place apart... easy to deal with those... others come in to learn something, and if it's all Greek from the get go, they go away... I don't want them to go away, I want them to learn. As to the red herring comment... well maybe that was a bit over the top.

Your attacking the paper I posted was incomprehensible if one assumes that you understood what it said and that you were motivated by the desire to increase understanding. Since one or both of those assumptions may be wrong then I suppose it could be entirely understandable. If you wanted to clarify then you could have written a couple of brief explanations of the principles involved, as I have since had to do.

The problem with just giving people broad statements like "It's the sun" without real supporting arguments or data is that they will try to "get the word out" and as soon as they say that or post that where others may know that the statement cannot be justified without explanatory mechanisms, then they are left vulnerable and in a worse position than before they acquired this "little knowledge". My posts here will arm people with real arguments and real science to back the assertion that "It's the sun".

You already know what Willie's paper entails... the hypothesis, the sciencific work behind it as well and as the conclusions he reaches... after all, it was published for over 9 years ago and is known and you posted it... It has been talked about a lot in the the anti-Anthropogenic Climate Change circles among other places... and I thought I intimated enough in my first post to let you know that I didn't have to read it again... I read it six years ago and their have been expansions and further work by he and his collegue Sallie Baliuneas... as well as the lecture series by Harold Jefferies that mirrors willie's work... Myself I'm not convinced that we are about to enter another Maunder Minimum... not yet anyway...

Well if you say so..but it never hurts to re-read and refresh the mind, does it? Dr Soon does not suggest that we may be entering a Maunder Minimum but uses it as excellent supporting data for his work. But I think its entirely possible, especially if cycle 24 fails to get started - currently 18 days since the last sunspot. As an interesting comparison, there have been around 200 days since Feb this year without a sunspot, this time last cycle there were 0 sunspot-free days in the same time period. The comparison is not 100% accurate since it is for excactly 11 years ago when that was not the exact comparitive period for the solar minimum, but its still striking.

Offline iQon

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2009, 05:49:11 PM »
Watch "Fall of The Republic"!!

This is the most informative film Alex Jones has ever made, not least the part about the man-made global warming hoax (AGW). In this section of the film, among other excellent info, Timothy Ball PhD concisely details the scientific and substantiated explanation for climate change on Earth as a function of solar output variance, specifically the solar magnetic field and its effect on cosmic rays from space and their effect on Earth's climate.

For a more detailed explanation of these effects please see my earlier posts on this thread and particularly the excellent paper written by Dr Willie Soon.

http://www.marshall.org/article.php?id=91

Offline Etoyoc

• Love and Trust
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2010, 12:15:24 PM »

Your attacking the paper I posted was incomprehensible if one assumes that you understood what it said and that you were motivated by the desire to increase understanding. Since one or both of those assumptions may be wrong then I suppose it could be entirely understandable. If you wanted to clarify then you could have written a couple of brief explanations of the principles involved, as I have since had to do.

I have read this thread and can find nowhere where JTCoyoté has attacked Dr. Soon's Paper.  I did find where he attacked the way some others are using Dr. Soon's Data however.  It is a stretch to call that an attack on the paper itself, don't you think?

Eto

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
    • JACKSON HOLLY'S OLD HOME PLACE
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2010, 10:26:31 PM »

I have become convinced ... regardless of whether or not there have been some slight uptick in temps the last hundred years or so ... that the trend is towards severe cooling of the planet. Sadly, it looks like our balmy intra-glacial period will soon come to a rather abrupt end. This will no doubt lead to mass-migrations of most mammals toward the more livable, tropical/equatorial regions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Croat scientist warns ice age is overdue, could start in five years

Croatian Times
Wed, 10 Feb 2010 07:31 EST
© National Geographic May 2005 issue

Tick, tock, tick, tock...

A leading scientist has revealed that Europe could be just five years away from the start of a new Ice Age.

While climate change campaigners say global warming is the planet's biggest danger, renowned physicist Vladimir Paar says most of central Europe will soon be covered in ice.

The freeze will be so complete that people will be able to walk from England to Ireland or across the North Sea from Scotland to northern Europe.

Professor Paar, from Croatia's Zagreb University, has spent decades analysing previous ice ages in Europe and what caused them.

"Most of Europe will be under ice, including Germany, Poland, France, Austria, Slovakia and a part of Slovenia," said the professor in an interview with the Index.hr.

"Previous ice ages lasted about 70,000 years. That's a fact and the new ice age can't be avoided.

"The big question is what will happen to the people of the Central European countries which will be under ice?

"They might migrate to the south, or might stay, but with a huge increase in energy use," he warned.

"This could happen in five, 10, 50 or 100 years, or even later. We can't predict it precisely, but it will come," he added.

And the professor said that scientists think global warming is simply a natural part of the planet.

"What I mean is that global warming is natural. Some 130,000 years ago the earth's temperature was the same as now, the level of CO2 was almost the same and the level of the sea was four metres higher.

"They keep warning people about global warming, but half of America no longer believes it as they keep freezing," he said.

And he added: "The reality is that mankind needs to start preparing for the ice age. We are at the end of the global warming period. The ice age is to follow. The global warming period should have ended a few thousands of years ago, we should have already been in the ice age. Therefore we do not know precisely when it could start - but soon."

The Zagreb based scientist says it will still be possible for man to survive in the ice age, but the spending on energy will be enormous.

"Food production also might be a problem. It would need to be produced in greenhouses with a lot of energy spent to heat it", commented the professor, who remains optimistic despite his predictions.

He said: "The nuclear energy we know today will not last longer than 100 years as we simply do not have enough uranium in the world to match the needs in an ice age. But I'm still optimistic. There is the process of nuclear fusion happening on the Sun. The fuel for that process is hydrogen and such a power plant is already worked on in France as a consortium involving firms from Marseille and the European Union, the US, Russia, China, Japan and South Korea. The head of the project is a Japanese expert, and former Japanese ambassador in Croatia", Vladimir Paar revealed.

He said the building of the new technology power plant will take at least another 10 years.

"In 40 years we'll know how it functions. That would be a solution that could last for thousands of years. We have a lot of hydrogen and the method is an ecological one", the professor concluded.

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/203434-Croat-scientist-warns-ice-age-is-overdue-could-start-in-five-years

~~~> Also, an earlier post in this thread: http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=87604.msg667589#msg667589

St. Augustine: “The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it.
Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Offline Etoyoc

• Love and Trust
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2010, 01:51:00 AM »
And then there is this... http://buchanan.org/blog/hoax-of-the-century-3680

Hoax of the Century
by Patrick J. Buchanan

With publication of "On the Origin of Species" in 1859, the hunt was on for the "missing link." Fame and fortune awaited the scientist who found the link proving Darwin right: that man evolved from a monkey.

In 1912, success! In a gravel pit near Piltdown in East Sussex, there was found the cranium of a man with the jaw of an ape.

"Darwin Theory Proved True," ran the banner headline.

Evolution skeptics were pilloried, and three English scientists were knighted for validating Piltdown Man.

It wasn't until 1953, after generations of biology students had been taught about Piltdown Man, that closer inspection discovered that the cranium belonged to a medieval Englishman, the bones had been dyed to look older and the jaw belonged to an orangutan whose teeth had been filed down to look human.

The scientific discovery of the century became the hoax of the century. But Piltdown Man was not alone. There was Nebraska Man.

In 1922, Henry Fairfield Osborn, president of the American Museum of Natural History, identified a tooth fossil found in Nebraska to be that of an "anthropoid ape." He used his discovery to mock William Jennings Bryan, newly elected to Congress, as "the most distinguished primate which the State of Nebraska has yet produced."

Invited to testify at the Scopes trial, however, Osborn begged off. For, by 1925, Nebraska Man's tooth had been traced to a wild pig, and Creationist Duane Gish, a biochemist, had remarked of Osborn's Nebraska Man, "I believe this is a case in which a scientist made a man out of a pig, and the pig made a monkey out of the scientist."

These stories are wonderfully told in Eugene Windchy's 2009 "The End of Darwinism." But if Piltdown Man and his American cousin Nebraska Man were the hoaxes of the 20th century, global warming is the great hoax of the 21st. In a matter of months, what have we learned:

- In its 2007 report claiming that the Himalayan glaciers are melting, the U.N. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change relied on a 1999 news story in a popular science journal, based on one interview with a little-known Indian scientist who said this was pure "speculation," not supported by any research. The IPCC also misreported the supposed date of the glaciers' meltdown as 2035. The Indian had suggested 2350.

- The IPCC report that global warming is going to kill 40 percent of the Amazon rainforest and cut African crop yields 50 percent has been found to be alarmist propaganda.

- The IPCC 2007 report declared 55 percent of Holland to be below sea level, an exaggeration of over 100 percent.

- While endless keening is heard over the Arctic ice cap, we hear almost nothing of the 2009 report of the British Antarctica Survey that the sea ice cap of Antarctica has been expanding by 100,000 square kilometers a decade for 30 years. That translates into 3,800 square miles of new Antarctic ice every year.

- Though America endured one of the worst winters ever, while the 2009 hurricane season was among the mildest, the warmers say this proves nothing. But when our winters were mild and the 2005 hurricane season brought four major storms to the U.S. coast, Katrina among them, the warmers said this validated their theory.

You can't have it both ways.

- The Climate Research Center at East Anglia University, which provides the scientific backup for the IPCC, apparently threw out the basic data on which it based claims of a rise in global temperatures for the century. And a hacker into its e-mail files found CLC "scientists" had squelched the publication of dissenting views.

What we learned in a year's time: Polar bears are not vanishing. Sea levels are not rising at anything like the 20-foot surge this century was to bring. Cities are not sinking. Beaches are not disappearing. Temperatures have not been rising since the late 1990s. And, in historic terms, our global warming is not at all unprecedented.

Dennis Avery of Hudson Institute wrote a decade ago that from A.D. 900 to 1300, the Earth warmed by 4 to 7 degrees Fahrenheit, a period known as the Little Climate Optimum.

How horrible was it?

"The Vikings discovered and settled Greenland around A.D. 950. Greenland was then so warm that thousands of colonists supported themselves by pasturing cattle on what is now frozen tundra. During this great global warming, Europe built the looming castles and soaring cathedrals that even today stun tourists with their size, beauty and engineering excellence. These colossal buildings required the investment of millions of man-hours -- which could be spared from farming because of higher crop yields."

Today's global warming hysteria is the hoax of the 21st century. H.L. Mencken had it right: "The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed -- and hence clamorous to be led to safety -- by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."

Eto

Offline Anti-Globalist

« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2010, 11:26:43 PM »
good on you guys for pouring out the truth  ;)
I have Satan and the Beast Empire on the Run

I refuse to fulfill prophecy

Armageddon will not occur ever

Well the young Alex used to confront the enemy to their faces!

Offline ekimdrachir

• METATRON ON
    • Go Outside
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2011, 03:18:23 AM »
March 9th there was a Class X Flare

Wednesday, 9 March 2011
Solar flare Class X 1.5 CME
Space Weather Message Code: SUMX01
Serial Number: 69
Issue Time: 2011 Mar 09 2354 UTC

SUMMARY: X-ray Event exceeded X1
Begin Time: 2011 Mar 09 2313 UTC
Maximum Time: 2011 Mar 09 2323 UTC
End Time: 2011 Mar 09 2329 UTC
X-ray Class: X1.5
Optical Class: 2b
NOAA Scale: R3 - Strong

Update: http://solarcycle24.com/index.htm Second X class flare in a month.

Offline Optimus

• Globalist Destroyer
  • Global Moderator
    • GlobalGulag.com
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2011, 03:03:57 PM »
Lawrence Solomon: Science getting settled

Lawrence Solomon  Aug 26, 2011 – 11:37 PM ET | Last Updated: Aug 27, 2011 10:08 PM ET

New, convincing evidence indicates global warming is caused by cosmic rays and the sun — not humans

The science is now all-but-settled on global warming, convincing new evidence demonstrates, but Al Gore, the IPCC and other global warming doomsayers won’t be celebrating. The new findings point to cosmic rays and the sun — not human activities — as the dominant controller of climate on Earth.

The research, published with little fanfare this week in the prestigious journal Nature, comes from über-prestigious CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, one of the world’s largest centres for scientific research involving 60 countries and 8,000 scientists at more than 600 universities and national laboratories. CERN is the organization that invented the World Wide Web, that built the multi-billion dollar Large Hadron Collider, and that has now built a pristinely clean stainless steel chamber that precisely recreated the Earth’s atmosphere.

In this chamber, 63 CERN scientists from 17 European and American institutes have done what global warming doomsayers said could never be done — demonstrate that cosmic rays promote the formation of molecules that in Earth’s atmosphere can grow and seed clouds, the cloudier and thus cooler it will be. Because the sun’s magnetic field controls how many cosmic rays reach Earth’s atmosphere (the stronger the sun’s magnetic field, the more it shields Earth from incoming cosmic rays from space), the sun determines the temperature on Earth.

The hypothesis that cosmic rays and the sun hold the key to the global warming debate has been Enemy No. 1 to the global warming establishment ever since it was first proposed by two scientists from the Danish Space Research Institute, at a 1996 scientific conference in the U.K. Within one day, the chairman of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Bert Bolin, denounced the theory, saying, “I find the move from this pair scientifically extremely naive and irresponsible.” He then set about discrediting the theory, any journalist that gave the theory cre dence, and most of all the Danes presenting the theory — they soon found themselves vilified, marginalized and starved of funding, despite their impeccable scientific credentials.

More: http://opinion.financialpost.com/2011/08/26/lawrence-solomon-science-now-settled/
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people,
it's an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” – Patrick Henry

>>> Global Gulag Media & Forum <<<

Offline decepticon

• Bury the past, rob us blind, leave nothing behind.
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2011, 03:42:16 PM »
So wait this guy's saying the Sun heats the Earth ? What is he with Al-qaeda ?? YOU MAKE ME SICK SCUM !!!!!

/AJ impression
Ron Paul 2012...because Liberty is too big to fail.
Beat Bailout Barry!!!!!!!!

Offline JT Coyoté

• "REMEMBER THE ALAMO!"
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2011, 12:32:44 PM »
In the first segment of the show today, (9/27/11) Alex talks about a potentially disruptive and possibly dangerous solar flare that is highly active so to speak, and could eject in our direction at anytime over the next few days.

Here is what the sun is doing today (09-27-11)

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=87604.msg1226726#msg1226726

This is a huge spot coming into center-sun which means aiming directly at the earth, it is much wider than it is tall and will eject a fan of energy should it erupt. Now whether it "ejects" during the time of alignment or not is anybodies guess.

This Spot is showing to be very active however. For the record though, we have been in the line of greater spots however, and have weathered them just fine... Beware that this may be used to initiate a false flag... be warned.

JTCoyoté

"Learned Institutions ought to be favorite objects with every free
people. They throw that light over the public mind which
is the best security against crafty and dangerous
encroachments on the public liberty."

~James Madison

Offline ekimdrachir

• METATRON ON
    • Go Outside
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2011, 02:57:26 PM »
1302 is hot hot hot!

Offline JT Coyoté

• "REMEMBER THE ALAMO!"
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2011, 12:33:14 AM »
Here's the sun today in both visible and UV light... Considerably more energetic than it was at any time between August 2007 to March of 2010, it was virtually spotless during that period.

In any case, what you are seeing here is a direct link to the SOHO site linked below, so the images will change as the most current images are brought on line -- so, you are seeing the sun as it is NOW as you read.

In late 2012 through 2014, it should look a lot like it did in 2001-2003, the first pictures shown in this thread...

Oldyoti

"While all other sciences have advanced,
that of government is at a standstill - little
better understood, little better practiced
now than three or four thousand years ago."

~John Adams

Offline global_fiefdom

« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2011, 01:10:51 AM »
a nat geo from the 70s or 80s, had an article in it about the Ice Age threat and that cold temps were what killed the dinos, not a meteor.

it also said this can be brought on by cycles of earthquake and volcanic eruption, which puts sulfates into the atmosphere and cools the planet.

'course the sulfate aerosol program is the easiest chemtrail documents to find online.

please read them.

Offline JT Coyoté

• "REMEMBER THE ALAMO!"
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2012, 12:08:22 PM »
Given the opening story on the Radio Show today...and the new eruptive activity you can see in the live image today (01-25-12)... how about a topical Bump!

JTCoyoté

"I have always thought the actions of men
the best interpreters of their thoughts."

~John Locke

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
    • JACKSON HOLLY'S OLD HOME PLACE
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2013, 10:43:32 PM »

Forget global warming, Alaska is headed for an ice age

Alex DeMarban | Dec 23, 2012

Alaska is going rogue on climate change.

Defiant as ever, the state that gave rise to Sarah Palin is bucking the mainstream yet again: While global temperatures surge hotter and the ice-cap crumbles, the nation's icebox is getting even icier.

That may not be news to Alaskans coping with another round of 50-below during the coldest winter in two decades, or to the mariners locked out of the Bering Sea this spring by record ice growth.

Then again, it might. The 49th state has long been labeled one of the fastest-warming spots on the planet. But that's so 20th Century.

In the first decade since 2000, the 49th state cooled 2.4 degrees Fahrenheit.

Widespread warming

That's a "large value for a decade," the Alaska Climate Research Center at the University of Alaska Fairbanks said in "The First Decade of the New Century: A Cooling Trend for Most of Alaska."

The cooling is widespread -- holding true for 19 of the 20 National Weather Service stations sprinkled from one corner of Alaska to the other, the paper notes. It's most significant in Western Alaska, where King Salmon on the Alaska Peninsula saw temperatures drop most sharply, a significant 4.5 degrees for the decade, the report says. 

The new nippiness began with a vengeance in 2005, after more than a century that saw temperatures generally veer warmer in Alaska, the report says. With lots of ice to lose, the state had heated up about twice as fast as the rest of the planet, in line with rising global greenhouse gas emissions, note the Alaska Climate Center researchers, Gerd Wendler, L. Chen and Blake Moore. After a "sudden temperature increase" in Alaska starting in 1977, the warmest decade on record occurred in the 1980s, followed by another jump in the 1990s, they note. The third warmest decade was the 1920s, by the way.

LINKS:

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/m/node/289866

PDF  ~~~~~> First Decade of the New Century: A Cooling Trend for Most of Alaska

http://www.benthamscience.com/open/toascj/articles/V006/111TOASCJ.pdf

ARTICLE HERE ~~~~> http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/forget-global-warming-alaska-headed-ice-age

St. Augustine: “The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it.
Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Offline JT Coyoté

• "REMEMBER THE ALAMO!"
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2013, 01:48:43 PM »
A topical bump, given Alex's chat with Piers Corbin, renown solar scientist from the UK in the second hour of today's show... (6/18/13)

addendum: What you are seeing below are the images of the sun as it appeared on January 7, 2014. The huge spot aiming directly at the earth in this photo is so large it would take 4 earth diameters, strung together to cover its width. 

As an aside, things are feeling a bit toasty for mid-winter here in the Colorado high country. Plenty of snow but the temperatures are quite mild... The low to high the last several weeks has been 0 to 35 degrees... Balmy as compared to the -25 to 0 degrees low to high we felt through January and February four years ago in 2010... while the center of the country from Canada to the Gulf get a taste of winter...

In late 2012 through early 2014, the sun should look a lot like it did in 2001-2003 in the pictures shown in the first post on page 1 of this thread...

Oldyoti

"Peace, commerce, and honest
friendship with all nations,
entangling alliances
with none."
~Thomas Jefferson,
from his First Inaugural Address

Offline JT Coyoté

• "REMEMBER THE ALAMO!"
Re: IT'S THE SUN, silly...! Something BIG is about to Happen.
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2014, 05:25:16 PM »
Things are getting very stormy on the Sun as can be seen in the real time images in the previous post... The polarity is about to complete its reversal through it's southern hemisphere which occurs as each atom, quark, and photon of everything it is flips to align with the new field polarity. It is joining the Northern half which has already flipped creating much tumult as it continues. The whole process is held together by gravity and the combined strong nuclear force at the sub atomic level as the magnetic shift ripples from pole to pole in this magnetic transition as it quakes throughout the Sun's enormous 340 Quadrillion cubic mile volume...

The Sun's Magnetic Field is about to Flip

Dec. 6, 2013

(Editor's Note: This story was originally issued August 2013.)

Something big is about to happen on the sun.  According to measurements from NASA-supported observatories, the sun's vast magnetic field is about to flip.

"It looks like we're no more than three to four months away from a complete field reversal," said solar physicist Todd Hoeksema of Stanford University. "This change will have ripple effects throughout the solar system."

A new ScienceCast video anticipates the reversal of the sun's global magnetic field.

The sun's magnetic field changes polarity approximately every 11 years.  It happens at the peak of each solar cycle as the sun's inner magnetic dynamo re-organizes itself.  The coming reversal will mark the midpoint of Solar Cycle 24. Half of "solar max" will be behind us, with half yet to come.

Hoeksema is the director of Stanford's Wilcox Solar Observatory, one of the few observatories in the world that monitors the sun's polar magnetic fields.  The poles are a herald of change. Just as Earth scientists watch our planet's polar regions for signs of climate change, solar physicists do the same thing for the sun. Magnetograms at Wilcox have been tracking the sun's polar magnetism since 1976, and they have recorded three grand reversals—with a fourth in the offing.

Solar physicist Phil Scherrer, also at Stanford, describes what happens: "The sun's polar magnetic fields weaken, go to zero and then emerge again with the opposite polarity. This is a regular part of the solar cycle."

A reversal of the sun's magnetic field is, literally, a big event. The domain of the sun's magnetic influence (also known as the "heliosphere") extends billions of kilometers beyond Pluto. Changes to the field's polarity ripple all the way out to the Voyager probes, on the doorstep of interstellar space.

When solar physicists talk about solar field reversals, their conversation often centers on the "current sheet."  The current sheet is a sprawling surface jutting outward from the sun's equator where the sun's slowly rotating magnetic field induces an electrical current.  The current itself is small, only one ten-billionth of an amp per square meter (0.0000000001 amps/m2), but there’s a lot of it: the amperage flows through a region 10,000 km thick and billions of kilometers wide.  Electrically speaking, the entire heliosphere is organized around this enormous sheet.

During field reversals, the current sheet becomes very wavy. Scherrer likens the undulations to the seams on a baseball.  As Earth orbits the sun, we dip in and out of the current sheet. Transitions from one side to another can stir up stormy space weather around our planet.

Cosmic rays are also affected. These are high-energy particles accelerated to nearly light speed by supernova explosions and other violent events in the galaxy.  Cosmic rays are a danger to astronauts and space probes, and some researchers say they might affect the cloudiness and climate of Earth. The current sheet acts as a barrier to cosmic rays, deflecting them as they attempt to penetrate the inner solar system. A wavy, crinkly sheet acts as a better shield against these energetic particles from deep space.

As the field reversal approaches, data from Wilcox show that the sun's two hemispheres are out of synch... (To watch the video and read the rest of the article click on the title link.)

Oldyoti

"If we are to take for the criterion of truth the
majority of suffrages, they ought to be gotten
from those philosophic and patriotic citizens
who cultivate their reason."
~James Madison

Offline JT Coyoté

• "REMEMBER THE ALAMO!"
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2014, 11:26:52 PM »
What you are seeing below is a direct link to the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory, (SOHO) site linked here, so the images will change as the most current images are brought on line -- you are seeing the sun as it is NOW.

In late 2012 through early 2014, the sun should look a lot like it did in 2001-2003 in the pictures shown in the first post on page 1 of this thread...

JTCoyoté

"What has happened in our schools was foreseen
long ago by Jefferson. We have been recolonized
silently in a second American Revolution. Time to
take our script from this country’s revolutionary
start, time to renew traditional hostility toward
hierarchy and tutelage. We became a unique nation
from the bottom up, that is the only way to rebuild
a worthy concept of education."
~John Taylor Gatto

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
  • 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB! www.911truth.org
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2014, 09:32:12 AM »
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/02/20/its-the-sun-stupid-the-minor-significance-of-co2/

It’s the Sun stupid – The minor significance of CO2

by Dr. Norman Page
Watts Up With That?
February 20, 2013

The IPCC  - Al Gore based  Anthropogenic Global Warming scare has driven global  Governments’ Climate and Energy Policies since the turn of the century. Hundreds of billions of dollars have been wasted on uneconomic renewable energy  and CO2 emission control schemes based on the notions  that it is both necessary and possible to control global temperatures by reducing CO2 emissions. All this vast investment is based on the simple idea that as stated in the IPCC AR4 report:

“we conclude that the global mean equilibrium warming for doubling CO2, or ‘equilibrium climate sensitivity’, is likely to lie in the range 2°C to 4.5°C, with a most likely value of about 3°C. Equilibrium climate sensitivity is very likely larger than 1.5°C.”

These values can only be reached by adopting two completely unfounded and indeed illogical assumptions and procedures:

[Continued...]
"Abolish all taxation save that upon land values." -- Henry George

"If our nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill." -- Thomas Edison

http://schalkenbach.org
http://www.monetary.org
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=203330.0

Offline JT Coyoté

• "REMEMBER THE ALAMO!"
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2014, 02:50:16 PM »
Topical bump...

Given Alex's interview on today's show with Michael Maloof on the deadly nature of solar, and artificially induced EMP events... especially given our modern electronic world... leaving us much more vulnerable than we were when the last large EMP occurred naturally in 1850.

Add to this danger the total lack of awareness in many people... many even unaware that the Earth orbits the Sun and not the other way around... I lend here a few facts...

The Sun is enormous! It comprises 99.86% of all mass within our Solar System. This means that all of the planets, their moons, the asteroids, comets and interplanetary dust, comprise only about 1/700th of the mass of the Sun.

The Sun is nominally 864,400 miles in diameter (1,391,000 kilometers). This is 109 times larger than the diameter of the Earth. If the Earth was shrunk down to 1 inch diameter, the Sun would be a huge ball 9 feet across. Even giant Jupiter would only be about the size of a soccer ball.

If the Sun could be put on a scale, it weighs almost 335,000 times more than the Earth. It's so large that it would take 1.3 million planet Earths to fill the Sun's volume.

Just a few useful factoids...

Oldyoti

"Old minds are like old horses;
you must exercise them if you wish
to keep them in working order."

~John Adams

Offline JT Coyoté

• "REMEMBER THE ALAMO!"
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2014, 03:02:01 PM »
Given the revelations from Harry Dent in the last segment of the show today...(5/14/14) on the influence of the sunspot cycle on economic systems... because of the increase in energetic plasma and magnetic flux that peaks during these times.. it has a definite effect on all life here including political and economic leaders... it is no accident that economic and political cycles follow almost the same sine wave as the solar cycles as a result... I'm giving this thread a topical BUMP.

Here is what the Sun looks like today...

JTCoyoté

"Against the insidious wiles of foreign influence,
(I conjure you to believe me fellow citizens) the
jealousy of a free people ought to be constantly
awake; since history and experience prove that
foreign influence is one of the most baneful foes
of Republican Government."
~George Washington,
his Farewell Address, September 19, 1796

Offline Juntawatch

• "This ain't Rock-n'-Roll;     This is Genocide."
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2014, 04:11:01 PM »
Given the revelations of Harry Dent in the last segment of the show today...(5/14/14) on the influence of the sunspot cycle on economic systems... because of the increase of the energetic plasma and magnetic flux that results.. the effect it has on life here including political and economic leaders... it is no accident that economic/political cycles will follow almost the same sine wave as the solar cycles as result... I give this thread a topical BUMP.

Here is what the Sun looks like today...

JTCoyoté

Hey ol' Yotï.

Just as a by. This post took TEN MINUTES to appear. So, now the problems US users have had for years in delayed posts is arriving in the UK. I smell 'self-aware' internet with growing sense of 'low-esteem'. And so back to the thread for today.

— I like the way there are different ways of looking at the sun depending on which part of the Spectrum you specialise in ...

Solar X-Rays
Geomagnetic Field
Updated every 10-minutes.

Current GOES Solar X-Ray Image.

False Colour images of the Sun, as it is now.
Some of these images might make you think our Sun is about to Crack up, but it's actually very quiet, and taking it's medication.
Wavelengths in Angstroms - Å

Helium I 10830Å

Magnetogram-Calcium II 8542Å

Iron XVI, 335Å

Helium II 304Å

Nobeyama Radio Heliograph @ 17Ghz.

Current SOHO MDI Magnetogram

Current SOHO MDI Continuum

White Light Image of the Inner Solar Corona - Land based.

Daylight is a result of anti-matter being created in the heart of The Sun, and in part being annihilated, forming X-rays that gradually over a period of 100,000 years, eventually emerge, a thousand centuries later, much lowered in energy and as visible light. So, the astrophysicist tells me in his book.

Current Solar Wind Velocity

Recent Solar Activity graph

GOES Magnetometer

GOES X_Ray Flux, 1 - minute interval.
"The Dog has returned to its own vomit, and the sow that was bathed to rolling in the mire."
2 Peter, 2:2.

'The Intellectual, the Plebitian & the Proletariat could be treated; just as wasps are treated.'
- Sanctimonious III. 1st Century.

Offline JT Coyoté

• "REMEMBER THE ALAMO!"
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2014, 04:39:25 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I Really Appreciate you taking the time, in your post above, putting up the entire SOHO Live Time "What the Sun is doing right Now" Data Feed... You're lucky it only took 10 minutes to load...

...when you take the little 3" f/15 refractor with the full aperture solar filter out and put your eye to it you can see the spots visually for yourself in real time... and... right now it looks just like the picture below, with less false yellow orange.

Interestingly, today, the spots are arrayed in such a way, they look like the Constellation Taurus... Curious.

JTCoyoté

"When government takes over a nation's economy
it becomes absolute -- when it becomes absolute it
destroys not only the economy, but the nation as well."

~Anonymous

Offline JT Coyoté

• "REMEMBER THE ALAMO!"
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2015, 06:09:00 PM »
Had to check out Juntawatch's SOHO live feed (post #64 above) to check what the Sun's up to, since it got almost 60 degrees here today. Here in this 9000 foot valley nestled between snowy 14ers, 40 degrees would be considered warm this time of year...

Sure enough, Ol' Sol has been a bit spunky the last few days...

JTCoyoté

"Socialism, like the ancient ideas from which it springs,
confuses the distinction between government and society.
As a result of this, every time we object to a thing being
done by government, the socialists conclude that we
object to its being done at all."
~Frédéric Bastiat,
The Law, (1850)

Offline JT Coyoté

• "REMEMBER THE ALAMO!"
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2015, 01:01:26 PM »
From the first hour of today's show David Knight showed this great report illustrating graphically and by long time climate experts analysis and opinion that the IPCC/AlGore/Pope, push for a global government to address Climate Change with a push to carbon indulgences, a headlong plunge back to the dark ages. It is a rehash of the practice of paying the Church to insure a person's way to heaven. With Carbon Indugences,, one will be allowed to live and exhale as long as he pays, or naturally expires... It removes you from the list where the computer algorithms can call for your extermination when it determines you've reached the carbon limit... Exacting a price as contrition for the "sin" of carbon emotions, a monumental extortion...

Great expose Rex!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERHpQzuGxpY

JTCoyoté

"It is not true that the legislator has absolute power
over our persons and property. The existence of
persons and property preceded the existence of the
legislator, and his function is only to guarantee
 their safety."
~Frédéric Bastiat, The Law

Offline Slackjaw

« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2015, 04:06:30 PM »
As many people have said for years, we may be heading for a mini Ice Age, and guess why..

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/earth-heading-for-mini-ice-age-within-15-years/ar-AAcQ27I?ocid=iehp

The problem is that is doesn't matter what happens to the climate, the cause for everything is Anthropogenic Global Warming, according to the warmists. The AGW theory, partly because it is unsupported by real world evidence, is essentially unfalsifiable.

Offline JT Coyoté

• "REMEMBER THE ALAMO!"
« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2016, 03:55:29 AM »
As many people have said for years, we may be heading for a mini Ice Age, and guess why..

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/earth-heading-for-mini-ice-age-within-15-years/ar-AAcQ27I?ocid=iehp

The problem is that is doesn't matter what happens to the climate, the cause for everything is Anthropogenic Global Warming, according to the warmists. The AGW theory, partly because it is unsupported by real world evidence, is essentially unfalsifiable.

We are still climbing out of the Little Ice Age which began it's dip about 900 years ago, reached it's coldest between 1650 and 1750, and we should climb back up to our 22.8 degree C. ocean temperature mean around 2070 or so... The short and long solar cycles are well known and understood by serious climate and solar scientists

Your last statement bolded in your quote above is of course a talking point used to stop any criticism of Anthropogenic Climate Change and it's proponents. Much like the lie repeated again and again infamously by repetition becomes seen as a common truth.

Anthropogenic Climate Change whether it be warming, cooling, or stabilizing, is so negligible, so infinitesimally small, it is completely lost in the margin of error of the most modern instrumentation used to hopefully measure it... much like a thimble full of hot water becomes imperceptible when added to a bathtub filled with cold water. 

The ACC theory is unsupported because it's false... like the farcical early 20th century discovery of "N-rays" produced by electromagnetic energy focused and filtered through a polished lens of pure aluminum... these rays could not be seen, heard, felt, photographed, or by any known metric be measured... imperceptible... ACC/AGW/AGC theories are all the same type of BS...

JTCoyoté

"The subconscious is ceaselessly murmuring,
and it is by listening to these murmurs that
one hears the truth."
~Gaston Bachelard

Offline JT Coyoté

• "REMEMBER THE ALAMO!"
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2017, 01:31:42 PM »
Given the subjects on the show today, the possibilities of Hurricane IRMA, the 8.3 Magnitude earthquake off the coast of southern Mexico, and the enormous solar flare screaming our direction as I type, I thought it might be a good idea to take a look at the current state of the Sun.

The first image is how it looks now at the 284 Angstrom line (between 1.5 and 2 million Degrees F.) in ultra-violet light.

The image below is is the way it looks now in visible light (6768 Angstroms)...
...suffice it to say, things are heating up in the engine of our weather machine and we are seeing it all around us...

Oldyoti

"No man's knowledge here can go
beyond his experience."

~John Locke