Camera and mic found in digital cable converter box paid for by the Feds

Author Topic: Camera and mic found in digital cable converter box paid for by the Feds  (Read 44561 times)

Offline sharpsteve

• Twitter Me
Cameras in Digital Convert Boxes! BEWARE!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ4iIM8Eljc

Offline RonPaulRocks

• Neocons Beware!
    • Calgary 9/11 Truth
Re: Video proof of camera and mic in digital converter box
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 05:05:38 pm »
Is that really a camera?  Holy shit.
Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.  -- George Orwell

Offline IridiumKEPfactor

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 05:25:30 pm »
It does look like the standard spy cam.

Thats the real deal.

Offline psy0ps

• Groom of the Stool
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 05:31:30 pm »
WTF?
I would love to hear the explaination for why that GD camera is in there from the manufacturer.
"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stomping on a human face -- forever."

Offline Montag

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 05:32:39 pm »
Nothing new here folks, on the Microphone end anyway, not positive how long there have been cameras in the cable boxes. If im not mistaken, the early forms of "cameras" in cable boxes read heat signatures to discern between the different types of people that are watching. I recommend all who watch the Video above watch the PBS commercial about the Coupons in the Related section to the lower right, its almost comical, if it werent so...well you know...

Offline Monkeypox

• He Loved Big Brother
    • Monkeypox
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 05:45:49 pm »
A digital converter box is hooked up to nothing except an antenna (often just a set of small rabbit ears), so what good would a camera or microphone do?  Unless the signals will somehow be transmitted back through the antenna?

The scary thing in that scenario is, most of the converter boxes were probably purchased using government coupon cards, which means that the government could have a record of who purchased each particular box.  If the boxes are transmitting through the antennas with an identifying serial number or other code, government agents with local receivers could lock-in to whomever's signal they want to spy on.

:-\

War Is Peace - Freedom Is Slavery - Ignorance Is Strength

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."

—Thomas Jefferson

Offline 911aware

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 05:48:49 pm »
NWO NOW i know why they are forcing this transition!!!  Thanks for that post!  when i get my free government spy box, i will open it up for sure.

My question to the forum is:
Where does the info go?  If this is free-to-air DTV, then this means this box has a transmitter in it?

How many watts is the transmitter?  normal suckers like us only have the ability to broadcast a ONE watt signal over FM or AM, so how will "they" utilize this?
It's a dog eat dog world, and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear.  -norm

Offline IridiumKEPfactor

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 05:51:32 pm »
A digital converter box is hooked up to nothing except an antenna (often just a set of small rabbit ears), so what good would a camera or microphone do?  Unless the signals will somehow be transmitted back through the antenna?

The scary thing in that scenario is, most of the converter boxes were probably purchased using government coupon cards, which means that the government could have a record of who purchased each particular box.  If the boxes are transmitting through the antennas with an identifying serial number or other code, government agents with local receivers could lock-in to whomever's signal they want to spy on.

Very good point. I wonder if they have some classfied device that is used to wirelessly get inside the box. Kinda like something that would be operated from your classic survaliance van within a certain distance. The wired cable company systems are much more dangerous because if these cameras are put into digital cable boxes there is that 2 way communication and I think they have MAC addresses.

Offline Monkeypox

• He Loved Big Brother
    • Monkeypox
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 05:58:05 pm »
The wired cable company systems are much more dangerous because if these cameras are put into digital cable boxes there is that 2 way communication and I think they have MAC addresses.

Absolutely.  There was a discussion about that here several months ago.

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."

—Thomas Jefferson

Offline 911aware

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 06:08:17 pm »
Absolutely.  There was a discussion about that here several months ago.

so, what about dish network?  i will not hook mine up to the phone line.

Offline Monkeypox

• He Loved Big Brother
    • Monkeypox
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 06:10:31 pm »
so, what about dish network?  i will not hook mine up to the phone line.

Even without the phone line, could it transmit through the dish?

—Thomas Jefferson

Offline joeblack

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 06:12:19 pm »
why don't we all just take our cable boxes apart as well and look around in them! i have time warner. they give you a cable box to watch and listen to you. they offer you the digital home phone, yet again to listen to you with. they give you home security system, yet again to listen into your home. they give you road runner internet to see what you look up and read your emails.
"there's nothing new under the sun, it's only history repeating itself" spaceman

Offline 911aware

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2009, 06:16:35 pm »
im opening my dish dvr box tonight

will report on it, and post right back here to my favorite forum.

Offline HeismaN

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2009, 06:28:14 pm »
Thanks for posting the YouTube clip.

Offline wembley87

• 7/7 Ripple Effect
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2009, 06:35:03 pm »
I took my phone line connection out of the back of my box over a year ago .

Offline joeblack

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2009, 06:39:57 pm »
i don't buy into this video with the cheap spy camera inside. the guy can't focus and give up a good up close shot so we can see if it looks real or homemade etc. if they are putting cameras inside, wouldnt they use better up to date cameras. i dont trust anything like cable boxes but this video looks to good to be true.
"there's nothing new under the sun, it's only history repeating itself" spaceman

Offline Monkeypox

• He Loved Big Brother
    • Monkeypox
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2009, 06:42:16 pm »
i don't buy into this video with the cheap spy camera inside. the guy can't focus and give up a good up close shot so we can see if it looks real or homemade etc. if they are putting cameras inside, wouldnt they use better up to date cameras. i dont trust anything like cable boxes but this video looks to good to be true.

The microphone didn't look like a microphone to me, but that did look an awful lot like a camera.

If you're trying to pump-out millions of converters as cheaply as possible, you're probably going to use cheap components.

—Thomas Jefferson

Offline joeblack

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2009, 06:53:53 pm »

Offline NMTO

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2009, 07:47:06 pm »
This is very big news IF true.  It needs to be verified 100%

Offline Amd304912

• Ietsism (Dutch “ietsisme” - "Somethingism")
    • Israel-centered-neoconservative-death-cult-of-evangelican-born-again-Xtians-Are-you-one?                                      Im Not.
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2009, 07:50:03 pm »
oh yeah im gonna realy not gonna sign up to the dish nework now. i dont care if aj is on it either.

these components cost between 2cents and 3 bux at most making a digibox cost about 12 bux to produce.
faith basers make me as sick as free basers Surah 75 سورة القيامة - محمد [ http://powerofthadolla.freeforums.org/ ] An Almond for a Parrot
€∀§M_ ³ حتى الآلهة الحمار الاحتفاظ زنجي الخراء تمشيا   أنت كافر نكاح تفرز من الشيطان الاكبر يا  ح

Offline xopatriot

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2009, 07:51:14 pm »
Wow watching that I felt myself going through the same feeling as when I first woke up to the NWO. I was looking at it but my mind kept saying "it's not real, it's not real! it can't be! they can't be that advanced" but yes they are. It would be very easy for these boxes to transmit back data via some type of cell phone signal the towers are everywhere. I have a small USB wireless broadband modem no larger than that camera in the video.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil;  my cup overflows.

Offline Overcast

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2009, 07:52:54 pm »

Thus; digital broadcast. Digital really only means binary - and two way communication isn't at all difficult for that medium.
And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!

nofakenews

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2009, 07:56:22 pm »
He must have bought his from the local pervert shop.

For one this couldn't magically see threw the front cover.  ;D

I'm not saying it couldn't be done but the style of camera don't even have wires and the lux would be crappy.

Offline Monkeypox

• He Loved Big Brother
    • Monkeypox
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2009, 07:57:42 pm »

A lot of the boxes have translucent covers.

—Thomas Jefferson

Offline Amd304912

• Israel-centered-neoconservative-death-cult-of-evangelican-born-again-Xtians-Are-you-one?                                      Im Not.
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2009, 07:59:36 pm »
http://www.care2.com/news/member/675100643/759712

Alex Jones Moneybomb to Fund Dish TV Network

dishtv/dtv/wtf?
faith basers make me as sick as free basers Surah 75 سورة القيامة - محمد [ http://powerofthadolla.freeforums.org/ ] An Almond for a Parrot
€∀§M_ ³ حتى الآلهة الحمار الاحتفاظ زنجي الخراء تمشيا   أنت كافر نكاح تفرز من الشيطان الاكبر يا  ح

Offline NMTO

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2009, 08:00:11 pm »

I'm not saying it couldn't be done but the style of camera don't even have wires and the lux would be crappy.

Your probably right, that is why I let these things settle before going INSANE!

Offline donnay

• Live Free Or Die Trying!
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2009, 08:01:20 pm »
Alex has been talking about this for a couple of years, at least.

The guy in the video clearly said he bought it from Wal-Marx, a Magnavox.  We know Wal-Marx works hand-in-hand with the Military Industrial Complex.

Supposedly new computers have the same set up.
"Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
"Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
"To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
"People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

Offline Amd304912

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2009, 08:02:31 pm »
well a router and an inet connection is good enuf for me, no need for tv.

buildabox makes me safer then the dell/hp/gateway buyers.

Offline Monkeypox

• He Loved Big Brother
    • Monkeypox
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2009, 08:03:09 pm »

Supposedly new computers have the same set up.

They can now imbed cameras behind a flat-panel monitor or TV screen.  You'll never even know it's there.

—Thomas Jefferson

nofakenews

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2009, 08:03:29 pm »
A lot of the boxes have translucent covers.

Not this unit!

Offline Monkeypox

• He Loved Big Brother
    • Monkeypox
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2009, 08:06:06 pm »
Not this unit!

At least part of it has to be translucent for the IR remote to work.

—Thomas Jefferson

Lucian Solaris

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2009, 08:06:45 pm »
Just 'cause visible electromagnetic radiation is somewhat blocked by the front panel doesn't mean that invisible, infrared em radiation isn't clear.

Just as walls are opaque and glass is see-through in the visible wavelengths, at a different wavelength in the em spectrum walls are see-through and glass is opaque!

physicsLesson101.deconstruct();

Offline uwaf

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2009, 08:07:00 pm »
When they first advertised that the loooving Govt was giving coupons for $40 off the box, I immediately questioned. The Govt doesn't give anything, unless for a reason. I didn't get a coupon and I'm having a party to kiss their ass goodbye. I will watch the 80+ Documentaries I have.

Offline Overcast

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2009, 08:14:41 pm »
I found a post here (need to be a member to view attachments) with a picture of the inside of one of these Magnavox's.

I got the model number from Wal-Mart's page and after a bit of searching, I found this. I don't see any camera attached to the transformer in this one.

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/7684/frontzz5.jpg

No doubt there's some other 'agenda' with digital TV, for sure - but that might be too gutsy for them. Of course, it may not be in all of them, or any..

Can't say - just posting what I found.
And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!

Offline Monkeypox

• He Loved Big Brother
    • Monkeypox
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2009, 08:17:06 pm »
I found a post here (need to be a member to view attachments) with a picture of the inside of one of these Magnavox's.

I got the model number from Wal-Mart's page and after a bit of searching, I found this. I don't see any camera attached to the transformer in this one.

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/7684/frontzz5.jpg

No doubt there's some other 'agenda' with digital TV, for sure - but that might be too gutsy for them. Of course, it may not be in all of them, or any..

Can't say - just posting what I found.

I don't see the "microphone"  either.

—Thomas Jefferson

Offline wembley87

• 7/7 Ripple Effect
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2009, 08:22:01 pm »
Im taking no chances though , as well as disconnecting my phone line connection from my cable box , i have a band aid over my web cam on my lap top .

Offline Montag

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2009, 08:55:13 pm »
how big are cell-phone cameras? how much does that Entire phone cost? (as low as 20)
the technology is extremely feasable, and Desirable from a NWO standpoint
if all boxes dont have them already, they are going to eventually, you can guarantee it
what better way than Mandating a switch to DTV, and providing eveyone with coupons to watch tv

Offline Monkeypox

• He Loved Big Brother
    • Monkeypox
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2009, 09:01:01 pm »
how big are cell-phone cameras? how much does that Entire phone cost? (as low as 20)
the technology is extremely feasable, and Desirable from a NWO standpoint
if all boxes dont have them already, they are going to eventually, you can guarantee it
what better way than Mandating a switch to DTV, and providing eveyone with coupons to watch tv

I think Comcast Cable Boxes have had cameras and microphones for some time now.  Wasn't there a story about that here a while ago?

—Thomas Jefferson

Offline CaptBebops

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2009, 10:08:58 pm »
I think the video is bogus.  For one thing did some of you notice the camera appears to be mounted on the power transformer!  That probably rules it out right there.  Not to mention that the little camera is one like you can order from the spy shops online and maybe even pick up at your local electronics store.  Microphone?  Looked like a capacitor to me.  If they actually put a camera and microphone in the units they would be better integrated to reduce cost.  And as others have pointed out these are converters for in-coming signals not two-way.  That too would have added additional cost and the idea was to make the boxes as cheap as possible (and some are so cheaply made they don't work too well).  So who with expendable income are going to go buy some boxes and disassemble them to see if there are actually any cameras inside?

Offline Unintelligable Name

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2009, 10:13:36 pm »
According to one of our programmers this video is a hoax. He has the exact same converter box and he cracked it open and the circle looking thing the video was saying is a camera is not there.

What he told me, take what you will from it.