Author Topic: WTH! Vaccine Schedule 1983 vs. 2008  (Read 31578 times)

angndon

WTH! Vaccine Schedule 1983 vs. 2008
« on: February 13, 2009, 11:56:26 am »
What deadly epidemics since 1983 have occurred that required the CDC to more than triple the vaccine schedule?

Look at this comparison and tell me that all these shots are absolutely necessary and safe for every baby!

http://www.generationrescue.org/pdf/cdc_comparison.pdf

Show this to people and ask them to tell you what they think of it.  Most people don't realize how out of control this schedule has gotten.   

Offline Kain

Re: WTH! Vaccine Schedule 1983 vs. 2008
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 12:55:33 pm »
This is totally out of control. Funny how Autism was exponentially lower in the early 80's too.
"People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome." - River Tam

Offline Volitzar

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 02:18:48 pm »
It's all about big profits for big-pharma.

angndon

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 03:16:40 pm »
1983 autism was 1 in 10,000

2008 autism is 1 in 150

I don't care what anyone says.... aside from whether or not you think autism is over-diagnosed, or re-classified..... since the immunization schedule has tripled (for no reason) we are now having skyrocketing numbers in the diagnoses of Autism, ADHD, Asthma, Allergies, Pediatric Cancers, language deficits, diabetes.....etc.   Do you ever remember seeing so many children with obvious issues like this when you were growing up.  I never knew of a child with Cancer growing up....did you ever see kids walking around with inhalers like you do today?  I'm not saying vaccines are the sole culprit, but it certainly is contributing.

Offline ES

• Old Iron Sides: Enemy of Tyrannical Scum
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 03:55:56 pm »

2008 autism is 1 in 150

I don't care what anyone says.... aside from whether or not you think autism is over-diagnosed, or re-classified..... since the immunization schedule has tripled (for no reason) we are now having skyrocketing numbers in the diagnoses of Autism, ADHD, Asthma, Allergies, Pediatric Cancers, language deficits, diabetes.....etc.   Do you ever remember seeing so many children with obvious issues like this when you were growing up.  I never knew of a child with Cancer growing up....did you ever see kids walking around with inhalers like you do today?  I'm not saying vaccines are the sole culprit, but it certainly is contributing.

I totally agree.
"My heroes are people who monkey wrench the new world order". - Jello Biafra

sociostudent

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 04:13:55 pm »
Yeah, this is "Insanity 101"  >:(

In following the "recommended immunization checklist", a 4 month old baby is exposed to as many toxins as a 4 year old child in 1983.

This is crazy.

cbus

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 04:28:34 pm »
Engineer a society that can't communicate, and they can't fight back...

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 07:22:19 pm »
So people can see:

angndon

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 09:21:12 pm »
thanks for posting that Tahoe!

Offline BlackFeather

• Black Feather at Deviantart
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 09:36:59 pm »
Part of the issue too is that these diseases are becoming more and more widespread in public places, so they are being added to the vaccination list.  Hence part of the increase.

Still, if you look at why.....hospital spread infections....immigrants with no immunizations being in public places with your kids, etc.    What is supposed to be the SAFEST place for your newborn is the hospital where it's born.

Not.

Where I question the vaccinations myself are if they actually work.   Every month we draw blood on our patients to see how their anti-bodies to Hepatitis are faring.  MANY MANY TIMES we have to run the entire 3-shot series more than twice on patients before a doctor will label them as a 'non-responder'.    I myself have been vaccinated for Chicken Pox twice and still have zero anti-bodies per Spectra Labs and the last draws on me (all staff need blood tests too).  Of course I'm 41 and never had chicken pox in the first place--so I had to have the vaccine.

I'm still more convinced that the increases in ADHD, Autism, etc is due to the mixtures of drugs we use, the crap in our food, the crap in our air, and the crap that is left of our soil that the food grows in.  Thus, in the crap we feed our meat animals too.  We've successfully poisoned our entire environment.    What is that doing to our genetics in the long run?  Then we are letting drug addicts reproduce.  You would be surprised at the children I care for in my pediatric nursing that are born without organs or severe retardation.  Being born addicted to crack is the LEAST of the problems.    Many of these children DO NOT DIE YOUNG.  I end up caring for them for years.  Some women are allowed to keep having children despite their continued drug use.  There are no programs to force sterilization or at least temporary measures like mandatory depo.

Let them breed....if they are lucky the offspring are able to breed....lessens the gene pool.

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
    • JACKSON HOLLY'S OLD HOME PLACE
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 09:53:43 pm »
BlackFeather:
What is that doing to our genetics in the long run?  Then we are letting drug addicts reproduce.  You would be surprised at the children I care for in my pediatric nursing that are born without organs or severe retardation.  Being born addicted to crack is the LEAST of the problems.    Many of these children DO NOT DIE YOUNG.  I end up caring for them for years.  Some women are allowed to keep having children despite their continued drug use.  There are no programs to force sterilization or at least temporary measures like mandatory depo.

Let them breed....if they are lucky the offspring are able to breed....lessens the gene pool.

What are the limits to the genetics/eugenics ... the sterilizations, etc ... beyond which you would consider unwarranted?
ORWELL: “The very concept of objective truth is fading out of the world. Lies will pass into history.”

Offline Revolt426

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2009, 09:56:06 pm »
This is one of the benefits of being born prior to 1983, although i feel like i am beginning to age already.
"Liquidate labor, liquidate stocks, liquidate the farmers, liquidate real estate … It will purge the rottenness out of the system..." - Andrew Mellon, Secretary of Treasury, 1929.

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2009, 05:14:28 pm »
A little bit of sanity causes controversy,

Hmmm... Notice Paul Offit is is a co-patent holder of Merck’s RotaTeq vaccine for rotavirus and this is not stated until the second page of the article!

WebMD IS A PRO VACCINE Site...

http://children.webmd.com/vaccines/news/20081226/alternative-vaccine-schedule-stirs-debate

Article in Journal Criticizes Popular Book on Timing of Kids' Vaccines
By Bill Hendrick
WebMD Health NewsReviewed by Louise Chang, MD

Dec. 29, 2008 -- A popular book that presents an alternative vaccine schedule for infants and toddlers is flawed, misguided, and puts children at significant risk of preventable diseases, the journal Pediatrics reports in a harshly-worded article.

The Vaccine Book: Making the Right Decision for Your Child, by the widely-followed Robert Sears, MD, of Capistrano Beach, Calif., contains recommendations for vaccines that are at odds with those of the American Academy of Pediatrics and is dangerous, Paul Offit, MD, of the University of Pennsylvania's School of Medicine, tells WebMD.

The book also undermines recommendations by the CDC and the American Academy of Family Physicians, Offit says.

His analysis of the book is published in the latest edition of Pediatrics, the official journal of the American Academy of Pediatrics.

Sears' book, which has become a best seller and is popular among parents leery of vaccines, has induced many to change vaccine schedules or avoid recommended vaccinations for their children, Offit tells WebMD.

"What he does is, he capitalizes on the current culture's fear of vaccines by saying, 'not only do I understand your fear but I will provide you with a mechanism whereby you can act on that fear,'" Offit says. "His method is to separate, delay, or withhold some vaccines. That means some children become more susceptible for a longer time to diseases, and there is no reason to delay."

Alternative Vaccine Schedule: What Sears Says
Sears' book provides parents with alternative "schedules" for having children vaccinated to protect them from diseases once common in kids. For example, he proposes splitting up the measles-mumps-rubella vaccine, normally given all at once, into separate components spread over a few years, to keep from overloading children's immune systems. Although he writes that he has no research to show that giving the MMR and chickenpox vaccines at the same time is dangerous,  he feels parents should have their children protected against the diseases gradually.

Sears tells WebMD that Offit and others have misunderstood his book, and that he believes in vaccines recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and other medical organizations. He says he plans to write a rebuttal to Offit's article for submission to Pediatrics.

"I almost see myself as an ally of the AAP in that I'm finding ways to encourage parents who otherwise would not vaccinate [their children] to go ahead and vaccinate," Sears says. "I believe that my options will actually increase the vaccination rate. My book is admittedly not pro the AAP's vaccine schedule. My advice does differ in the way vaccines are given, but ultimately, I agree that vaccines should be given. For parents afraid of the way AAP says to do it, I give them an alternative."

He says "there is no science that is conclusive enough to show any links between vaccines and autism" but that his book provides "ways to vaccinate if you are worried about autism that may decrease the theoretical link if you believe there is such a link."

Alternative Vaccine Schedule: What Sears Says continued...
While numerous studies by the CDC, Institute of Medicine, and others have found no link between vaccines and autism, many people, including celebrities such as Jenny McCarthy, remain unconvinced. 

Their case was bolstered earlier this year when a federal court ruled that a Georgia girl was entitled to compensation because she developed autism-like symptoms after receiving vaccines that aggravated a pre-existing condition.

These ongoing fears have had a tangible impact: A 2005 survey of vaccine-refusing parents published in the Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine found that two-thirds of respondents said their main reason for rejecting vaccines was concern that they might be harmful.

The co-founders of a vaccine safety watchdog group, the National Vaccine Information Center, blame their children's learning disabilities and attention deficit disorder on reactions to the diphtheria, pertussis, and tetanus vaccine (DPT). 

Impact of Vaccine Delay
Offit, who is a co-patent holder of Merck’s RotaTeq vaccine for rotavirus, says he understands why parents are concerned about the number of vaccines their children receive.

"Most recently, with the addition of several new vaccines to the infant schedule, some parents have become concerned that children receive too many vaccines too early," Offit says in the article. "Given that young infants currently receive 14 different vaccines, requiring as many as five shots at a single visit and 26 inoculations by 2 years of age, the concern that children might be overwhelmed by too many vaccines is understandable."

But there is no scientific validation to justify their fears, Offit tells WebMD.

Any delay of vaccines increases the likelihood that children will develop controllable diseases such as pneumococcus, pertussis, and chickenpox, Offit says, and the evidence that vaccines work is overwhelming. "If you withhold or separate or delay vaccines, those children suffer the consequences, and children suffer."

He says that that enforcement of vaccine mandates, which were initiated because of measles outbreaks that swept across the U.S. in the mid-1970s, has dramatically reduced hospitalizations and deaths resulting from vaccine-preventable diseases. He also says that states with philosophical exemptions to vaccines have higher rates of vaccine-preventable diseases (such as pertussis) compared with states without such exemptions.

He writes that "recent outbreaks of measles in 15 states" were caused by groups of concerned parents who fell prey to unjustified fears.

Offit writes that many parents are wary of accepted recommendations in part because they harbor "a suspicion of profit motive driven by pharmaceutical companies" as well as "misinformation on the Internet."

"It's very easy to scare people," Offit says. "It's very hard to unscare them."

http://health.usnews.com/articles/health/childrens-health/2009/01/30/vaccine-schedule-this-doctor-supports-a-flexible-schedule.html

Vaccine Schedule: This Doctor Supports a Flexible Schedule
He's not antivaccine, he says, but he'll work with parents who have safety concerns
Posted January 30, 2009

Lawrence D. Rosen, vice chair of the American Academy of Pediatrics's section on complementary and integrative medicine, spoke with U.S. News about his views supporting flexible scheduling of childhood vaccinations. The following is based on an interview with him.

My main argument for supporting a flexible approach is that it is more likely to increase overall vaccination rates at a time when were are seeing a critical drop in public trust in government agencies, like the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, that set the recommended schedule. Already, decreases in some areas in vaccine coverage may have led to measles and Haemophilus influenzae type b (HiB) outbreaks. Flexible schedules encourage parents who would otherwise not have their child vaccinated at all to come in for regular well care and get started on some vaccinations. I've seen parents who haven't taken their kids to the pediatrician for two or three years because their vaccine beliefs were ridiculed or they were told they're going to kill their child. These are families who have checked out of the system and who probably won't come back without some flexibility.

I encourage parents to really talk to me about their vaccine concerns and believe they should take an active role in partnering with their pediatricians when considering the risks and benefits of vaccination. Most become more willing to vaccinate after we have these conversations and they see that I'm willing to work with them.

I understand my views are in the minority among pediatricians, but I don't believe we should take a one-size-fits-all approach to vaccines. I might feel reluctant to give the same vaccines to a premature baby with terrible reflux and eczema (because of potential differences in her immune system), as I would to a healthy 6-month-old. We must take into account individual health differences, and I would consider such things myself if I had a newborn baby today.

I think there are still unanswered questions regarding vaccine safety and efficacy. While vaccine trials and the government's current system for monitoring adverse events are set up to look for acute problems that occur shortly after vaccination, they are not equipped to look at long-term chronic health effects like asthma and allergies. We're seeing a huge increase in these problems, yet we've never had a study to compare vaccinated with unvaccinated kids to see if there are any differences in health outcomes.

Additionally, I think we're starting to see that all vaccines are not created equally. Preventing predominantly deadly diseases like HiB, pneumococcal meningitis, and pertussis must take priority over requiring chicken pox and hepatitis B vaccines for all children at young ages. Data now suggest both varicella and hepatitis B vaccine immunity wears off in a significant portion of adolescents vaccinated in infancy. Perhaps these vaccines should be offered later in childhood and not mandated for school entry. And I'm not certain the scientific data really support mandatory flu vaccination for preschoolers in New Jersey.

The Hannah Poling case shows clearly that it's plausible for certain children—even if we're just talking about a minority—to develop problems from multiple vaccinations given at the wrong time in the wrong clinical setting. I am also intrigued by a Canadian study that found that babies who had their first DTP vaccine (the whole-cell version which is no longer used) at 4 months wound up with half the rate of asthma as those who were vaccinated at 2 months. We can't draw firm conclusions from a single study or case report, but they both suggest to me that maybe there's more to this than we think. Asking these questions does not mean I am antivaccine: I very much support vaccination as a public health measure. But I am also for the safest, greenest vaccines we can have.

http://www.chicagoinjurylawblog.com/pharmaceutical-litigation-deadly-problems-with-mercks-rotateq-vaccine.html

Deadly Problems With Merck's RotaTeq Vaccine
"The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is notifying health care providers and consumers about 28 post-marketing reports of intussusception following administration of Rotavirus, Live, Oral, Pentavalent vaccine (trade name RotaTeq), manufactured by Merck and Co., Inc. Intussusception is a serious and potentially life-threatening condition that occurs when the intestine gets blocked or twisted. One portion of the intestine telescopes into a nearby portion, causing the intestinal obstruction. The most common site is where the small intestine joins the large intestine."
Read the FDA's full news release here. http://www.fda.gov/cber/safety/phnrota021307.htm

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2009, 06:06:35 pm »
another article regarding Offit:

http://www.ageofautism.com/2008/08/rotateq-vaccine.html

83 Deaths on VAERS System Listing Merck's RotaTeq

By Kim Stagliano

The National Vaccine Injury Center has a search program called MedAlerts to search the CDC/FDA's Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System, or VAERS site.

A search of Dr. Paul Offit's RotaTeq from Merck, turned up 83 adverse events that resulted in death and include RotaTeq as one of the adminstered vaccines. Click HERE to see the reports. http://tinyurl.com/3xstxj
 (Thank you to Lenny Schafer's Environment of Harm list for the link. If you don't already read Lenny's Schafer Autism Report (SARNET), click on his name to subscribe.)  http://www.sarnet.org/  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EOHarm/

This is the definition of the VAERS:

The Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System is a cooperative program for vaccine safety of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). VAERS is a post-marketing safety surveillance program, collecting information about adverse events (possible side effects) that occur after the administration of US licensed vaccines.

This Web site provides a nationwide mechanism by which adverse events following immunization (AEFI) may be reported, analyzed and made available to the public. The VAERS Web site also provides a vehicle for disseminating vaccine safety-related information to parents/guardians, healthcare providers, vaccine manufacturers, state vaccine programs, and other constituencies.

Every death is tragic - but take note of the eighth listing down, on December 9, 2006. Twins. Dead five days after vaccination. I had a hard time continuing to read after that point.
Kim Stagliano is Managing Editor of Age of Autism.

Posted by: Riley's mom | August 18, 2008 at 07:45 PM

I think it is safe to say we know what causes Sudden Infant Death Syndrome at least some of the time.
Vaccine reactions = SIDS

Posted by: Richard | August 18, 2008 at 07:05 PM

Hmmm....This is the guy that says kids can handle 100,000 vaccines , right? Maybe this is what the news shows should be showing regarding Offit and vaccines. This is truly disgusting.

Offline Neco

• Welcome to the 4th Reich
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2009, 06:17:24 pm »
Ummmm CDC...

"Words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning and for those who will listen: the enunciation of truth." ~V

"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." ~Patrick Henry

Neco Illuminati

Offline cueball7

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 12:39:34 am »

I told my sister 3 1/2 years ago to not allow any vaccinations to her newborn child, or wait until he was three or four years old. She didn't listen, and now she has a 3 1/2 year old that can barely mumble and acts like he's in another world. He recieved 22 shots before he was 2. This is F**KED up! >:(

Offline cueball7

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2009, 12:51:31 am »

correction: 22 different doses, in 8 to 10 shots. :(

Offline momof2

• Proud young mom of two beautiful babies
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2009, 11:31:17 am »
Hello, everyone. I'm new here.

This subject caught my eye because, hence my name, I've got two babies, a 2-year-old boy and a 4-month-old girl, and the doctors and general public in my small Kentucky hometown act like we're the only idiots in the world who wouldn't dare shoot their little ones up with this crap. Doctors have threatened me, and some people won't even let their kids play with mine because they're afraid their kids will "catch something", which is funny because my boy has only been sick with a minor illness twice in his life (never been on any meds/antibiotics) and my girl has never been sick, while all the vaccinated children catch something every couple months, it seems.

People are just absolutely ignorant when it comes to vaccines. My own mother became hysterical upon learning that my little boy wasn't going to be vaccinated, insisting, "You'll get in TROUBLE!... My friend took her daughter to the emergency room one time and she got in A LOT OF TROUBLE because her kid wasn't vaccinated!... What about school? What about if something goes around and he catches it?"

She even tried to tell me it was the freaking "law". It really saddened me.

It also makes me sick to my stomach to see how many vaccines they force into the bloodstreams of small children nowadays, and sheeple just sit back and allow it to happen even as their baby, whom they are supposed to protect, is laying there screaming bloody murder while some stranger jabs needles into their legs and arms "because you're SUPPOSED TO..."

Completely brain dead, all of them :-\
The NWO is not as powerful as A MOTHER'S LOVE

No in-fighting... we can't fight them if we're too busy fighting each other

Thank God for Alex Jones!!

sociostudent

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2009, 11:34:40 am »
Hello momof2, and welcome to the forum! I'm glad to know that you're sticking to your guns and not vaxing.

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2009, 02:42:07 pm »
For momof2 some more links:

http://www.ageofautism.com/

http://www.vaccinationnews.com/age_of_autism.htm

►January 13, 2009 - Olmsted on Autism: Autism Explosion Followed Big Change in MMR Shot By Dan Olmsted - Age of Autism - "In 1990, Merck & Co., manufacturer of the mumps-measles-rubella vaccine known as the MMR, made a significant but little-noticed change: It quadrupled the amount of mumps virus in the combination shot, from 5,000 to 20,000 units. Then in 2007 it reversed course, reducing the amount to 12,500 units. Neither the measles nor the rubella (German measles) component of the MMR was changed at all -- each remained at 1,000 units throughout."

http://www.whale.to/vaccine/olmsted.html
The Age of Autism: The Amish anomaly
By Dan Olmsted

Vaccines - Is Aluminum the New Thimerosal?
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=72843.0

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread38666.html

Evidence Vaccine aluminum linked to autism and other neurological disorders.
February 10, 2008, 12:22 am

Evidence Vaccine aluminum linked to autism and other neurological disorders.

The effects of poisons can be quick or extremely slow - building gradually up creating low grade debilitation diseases like in chronic fatigue syndrome or devastating neurological disorders like MS, ALS , and Alzheimer’s disease. Though neurodegenerative disorders have several pathways in their creation but nothing will burn up a neuron faster than mercury. This is also the case for aluminum hydroxide, just to a lesser extent. Vancouver neuroscientist Dr. Chris Shaw just finished his research that shows a link between the aluminum hydroxide used in vaccines, and symptoms associated with Parkinson’s, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis ( ALS , or Lou
Gehrig’s disease), and Alzheimer’s.

Offline Kain

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2009, 04:30:10 pm »

It all boils down to one thing...

If they admit there's a problem, then they'd have to take responsbility for it.
"People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome." - River Tam

Offline pizzedoff

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2009, 04:38:50 pm »
It all boils down to one thing...

If they admit there's a problem, then they'd have to take responsibility for it.
Exactly.
Do not judge by appearances; a rich heart may be under a poor coat.- Scottish Proverb

"The road to a friend's house is never long."- Danish Proverb

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2009, 05:02:31 pm »
At least I'm not the only one to take notice of Dr. Offit :

http://www.ageofautism.com/2009/02/voting-himself-rich-cdc-vaccine-adviser-made-29-million-or-more-after-using-role-to-create-market.html
February 16, 2009

Voting Himself Rich: CDC Vaccine Adviser Made $29 Million Or More After Using Role to Create Market

By Dan Olmsted and Mark Blaxill

Dr. Paul Offit of the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) took home a fortune of at least $29 million as part of a $182 million sale by CHOP of its worldwide royalty interest in the Merck Rotateq vaccine to Royalty Pharma in April of last year, according to an investigation by Age of Autism. Based on an analysis of current CHOP administrative policies, the amount of income distributed to Offit could be as high as $46 million.

There is nothing improper about receiving compensation for a patented innovation; but the extraordinary valuation placed on CHOP’s patents raises concerns over Offit’s use of his former position on the CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices to help create the market for rotavirus vaccine -- to effectively vote himself rich.

Offit has steadfastly refused to say how much he made from the vaccine. Based on the income distribution guidelines set forth in CHOP’s current administrative policy manual (HERE) entitled “Patent and Intellectual Property Policy,” Offit’s share of this transaction -- the “inventor’s share of net income” -- would have earned him a personal distribution of 30%. In a Moody’s report dated June 2008, CHOP reported net proceeds from the Rotateq transaction of $153 million, a deal basis that would put the value of Offit’s 30% share at $45.9 million.

Although the royalty transaction amounts and current CHOP inventor shares are publicly known, several factors complicate a precise calculation of Offit’s income. Royalty Pharma paid $182 million for the Rotateq royalty stream, but CHOP reported proceeds of only $153 million. Since most universities calculate income based on net royalties, the lower number might more closely reflect the basis for calculating Offit’s income. If CHOP applied an inventor share of 30% to a transaction value of $153 million they would have then been required to distribute $45.9 million to Offit.

CHOP’s 30% policy for inventor share is consistent with the current practices of other children’s hospitals. But depending on what standard was in effect when the patents were filed and how it was applied to Offit’s proceeds, the amount could be lower. For example, the $29 million difference between the payment made by Royalty Pharma and the proceeds received by CHOP comprises 15.9% of the Royalty Pharma payment (15% is the lowest inventor share percentage we uncovered in our investigation) and could reflect the distribution to Offit, 

So although it is clear that Offit’s personal share of CHOP’s royalty transaction was large, the exact amount could range from as little as $29 million to as much as $55 million. Age of Autism chose to feature the smaller amounts in this report.

CHOP spokeswoman Rachel Salis-Silverman, contacted by Age of Autism about Offit’s income from the vaccine, first said, “I don’t even know. That’s not public information.” She initially refused to provide an e-mail to which Age of Autism could send a detailed account of how it determined Offit’s income, but subsequently sent an e-mail saying she was expecting the information.

“We are declining comment to your questions,” she then replied after receiving our inquiry. Offit did not respond to an e-mail sent to his Children’s Hospital address.

While refusing to disclose his personal profit from this transaction, Offit told Newsweek reporter Claudia Kalb last year that he got a “small percentage” of the payment and confessed that “it’s like winning the lottery.”

Unlike most other patented products, the market for mandated childhood vaccines is created not by consumer demand, but by the recommendation of an appointed body called the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). In a single vote, ACIP can create a commercial market for a new vaccine that is worth hundreds of millions of dollars in a matter of months. For example, after ACIP approved the addition of Merck’s (and Offit’s) Rotateq vaccine to the childhood vaccination schedule, Merck’s Rotateq revenue rose from zero in the beginning of 2006 to $655 million in fiscal year 2008. When one multiplies a price of close to $200 per three dose series of Rotateq by a mandated market of four million children per year, it’s not hard to see the commercial value to Merck of favorable ACIP votes.

From 1998 to 2003, Offit served as a member of ACIP. Before and during his ACIP term, Offit was involved in rotavirus vaccine development activities, the value of which ACIP influenced. Shortly before his term began in October 1998, Offit’s first two rotavirus patents were granted by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, the first on May 6, 1997 and the second on May 12, 1998. During his ACIP term, Offit received two additional patents in 2000 and 2001.

Four months before Offit was appointed to ACIP in October 1998, the committee had voted to give the rotavirus category a “Routine Vaccination” status, in anticipation of an FDA approval of RotaShield (oddly, ACIP made this vote before the FDA approved Wyeth’s RotaShield vaccine on October 1, 1998). Shortly after Offit’s term began, there were several additional votes involved in establishing the rotavirus vaccine market and Offit voted yes in every case. In May of 1999, the CDC published its revised childhood vaccination schedule and rotavirus vaccine was included. This series of favorable votes clearly enhanced the monetary value of Offit’s stake in Merck’s rotavirus vaccine, which was five years into clinical trials.

Posted by: maggie | February 16, 2009 at 12:20 PM

Thank you Mark and Dan!
The person with the loudest mouth out there defending vaccines and denying any link to autism is undoubtedly Paul Offit, MD., usually billed as  "Chief of Infectious Diseases--Children's Hospital of Philadelphia." His "expert" opinion can be found in countless articles.

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&tab=wn&ned=&q=paul+offit+vaccines+autism&ie=UTF-8&scoring=n

The reporters writing this pieces never raise an eyebrow over the fact that this guy has made millions off of the mandated vaccine schedule. And Offit, as a former member of ACIP, the advisory panel that recommends vaccines to the CDC would naturally be expected to declare vaccines to be safe.I've read by now thousands of articles on the autism controversy and reporters never bring up the fact that this isn't just about the science. If it becomes accepted that vaccines do cause autism in susceptible children, someone--lots of people---will be held responsible. Many of those connected to the vaccine program have everything at stake in seeing that this doesn't happen--especially Paul Offit who personally profits from vaccines and has laid his reputation on the line over this.
Anne Dachel
Media editor

Offline momof2

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2009, 05:15:51 pm »
Hello momof2, and welcome to the forum! I'm glad to know that you're sticking to your guns and not vaxing.

Thanks!

And after all I have read and heard and seen with my own eyes, I wouldn't vaccinate my kids for all the money in the world!

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2009, 06:19:07 pm »
Another graphic representation of the Vaccine schedule from 1960 to today...

http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/cgi/content/full/119/1/222

Trends in Asthma Prevalence and Recommended Number of Childhood Immunizations Are Not Parallel

FIGURE 1 Schematic drawing of the evolving immunization schedule for children <2 years of age (1960–2006). Minor changes in recommended vaccine timing, vaccine shortages, and the gradual implementation of recommendations are not shown. VZV indicates varicella-zoster virus; Hep B, hepatitis B; Hib, Haemophilus influenzae type b; MMR, measles-mumps-rubella; OPV, oral poliovirus vaccine; IPV, inactivated poliovirus vaccine; DTP, diphtheria-tetanus toxoids-pertussis; DTaP, diphtheria-tetanus-acellular pertussis.

FIGURE 2 Asthma prevalence (%) among 5- to 14-year-old children from the NHIS is plotted on the upper axis (red), and the number of recommended immunizations is plotted on the lower axis (black). The horizontal axes are offset by 10 years to account for age at immunization and NHIS interview-determined asthma diagnosis.

Asthma prevalence in 5- to 14-year-old children increased most rapidly from 1980 to 1995, at a time at which the recommended number of infant immunizations was stable (Fig 2). Conversely, the greatest increase in numbers of immunizations occurred at a time when asthma prevalence rates seemed to plateau. The population of children exposed to an increasing number of vaccines, particularly after 2000, did not have a parallel increase in asthma prevalence. The trends in asthma prevalence and recommended number of vaccines are not parallel. Overall, the rapid increase in asthma prevalence preceded the recommendation of new childhood vaccines by 10 years; therefore, data do not support a direct causal relationship between early childhood vaccinations and asthma.
Although not all children are vaccinated according to the ACIP schedule, in 1995 74% of children were considered completely vaccinated and 95% had received a minimum of 3 doses of diphtheria-tetanus toxoids-pertussis.14 Regardless of changing immunization rates, gradual implementation of new vaccines, and short-term changes to ACIP recommendations, large numbers of children could not have had increasing exposure to vaccinations until the mid-1990s. Infants born in these years were not 5 years old until the late 1990s, when asthma prevalence rates were beginning to attenuate.

http://www.jigsawhealth.com/articles/vaccination_schedule.html
A User-Friendly Vaccination Schedule
by Donald W. Miller, Jr., MD

Whatever vaccination schedule one chooses, mothers should breast-feed their child for as long as possible – a year or more. Failing that, add Omega-3 fatty acids, especially DHA (docosahexanoic acid), to the child’s formula.

In summary, this is a vaccination schedule that I would recommend:

No vaccinations until a child is two years old.
No vaccines that contain thimerosal (mercury).
No live virus vaccines (except for smallpox, should it recur).
These vaccines, to be given one at a time, every six months, beginning at age 2:
Pertussis (acellular, not whole cell)
Diphtheria
Tetanus
Polio (the Salk vaccine, cultured in human cells)

American children are the most highly vaccinated kids in the world. This schedule is an alternative to the one that rules our "vaccine nation" (as the Village Voice terms it). In contrast to the CDC’s immunization schedule, it is user-friendly.

vaccine nation:
http://www.villagevoice.com/news/9941,cotts,9012,6.html

December 10, 2004

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2009, 07:04:04 pm »
If you notice in the previous vaccination vs. Asthma chart and the article was basically saying that there is no link with vaccinations and Asthma. Well, you might notice with the addition of the MMR vaccination to the schedule there is a rapid increase in Asthma. No the MMR has nothing to do with that...

They will make sure there are MORE studies that show there is no connection, compared to studies that show there is a connection.

Try this google search:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=asthma+mmr+&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=

You will get a list of articles trying to show that there is no connection and that vaccinations REDUCE the risks of asthma (Do you believe them?)

example:

http://www.medwire-news.md/48/79189/Respiratory/MMR_vaccine_reduces_asthma_risk_in_young_children_.html

MMR vaccine reduces asthma risk in young children By David Holmes27 November 2008Am J Epidemiol 2008; 168: 1277–1283

MedWire News: Young children who receive the measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccine are less likely to suffer from asthma than unvaccinated children, Danish researchers report in the American Journal of Epidemiology.

In recent years, concerns have been raised about the effect of the MMR vaccine on the risk for autism in children, but numerous studies have shown no link between receipt of the vaccine and an increased risk for the disorder.

On the other side:

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/439840_4

Childhood Vaccinations and Risk of Asthma
from The Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal®

Discussion
Prior evidence of a possible association between vaccination and asthma was limited primarily to whole cell pertussis vaccine. The strongest association was found in a large, prospective study in New Zealand, in which none of the unvaccinated children developed asthma by age 10 years compared with nearly one-fourth of the vaccinated children.[4] The study was limited, however, by the small number of unvaccinated children (n = 23) and uncertainty about differences in medical care utilization between the two groups...

sociostudent

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2009, 08:58:29 pm »
Another graphic representation of the Vaccine schedule from 1960 to today...

Trends in Asthma Prevalence and Recommended Number of Childhood Immunizations Are Not Parallel

FIGURE 1 Schematic drawing of the evolving immunization schedule for children <2 years of age (1960–2006). Minor changes in recommended vaccine timing, vaccine shortages, and the gradual implementation of recommendations are not shown. VZV indicates varicella-zoster virus; Hep B, hepatitis B; Hib, Haemophilus influenzae type b; MMR, measles-mumps-rubella; OPV, oral poliovirus vaccine; IPV, inactivated poliovirus vaccine; DTP, diphtheria-tetanus toxoids-pertussis; DTaP, diphtheria-tetanus-acellular pertussis.

FIGURE 2 Asthma prevalence (%) among 5- to 14-year-old children from the NHIS is plotted on the upper axis (red), and the number of recommended immunizations is plotted on the lower axis (black). The horizontal axes are offset by 10 years to account for age at immunization and NHIS interview-determined asthma diagnosis.

Asthma prevalence in 5- to 14-year-old children increased most rapidly from 1980 to 1995, at a time at which the recommended number of infant immunizations was stable (Fig 2). Conversely, the greatest increase in numbers of immunizations occurred at a time when asthma prevalence rates seemed to plateau. The population of children exposed to an increasing number of vaccines, particularly after 2000, did not have a parallel increase in asthma prevalence. The trends in asthma prevalence and recommended number of vaccines are not parallel. Overall, the rapid increase in asthma prevalence preceded the recommendation of new childhood vaccines by 10 years; therefore, data do not support a direct causal relationship between early childhood vaccinations and asthma.
Although not all children are vaccinated according to the ACIP schedule, in 1995 74% of children were considered completely vaccinated and 95% had received a minimum of 3 doses of diphtheria-tetanus toxoids-pertussis.14 Regardless of changing immunization rates, gradual implementation of new vaccines, and short-term changes to ACIP recommendations, large numbers of children could not have had increasing exposure to vaccinations until the mid-1990s. Infants born in these years were not 5 years old until the late 1990s, when asthma prevalence rates were beginning to attenuate.

http://www.jigsawhealth.com/articles/vaccination_schedule.html
A User-Friendly Vaccination Schedule
by Donald W. Miller, Jr., MD

Whatever vaccination schedule one chooses, mothers should breast-feed their child for as long as possible – a year or more. Failing that, add Omega-3 fatty acids, especially DHA (docosahexanoic acid), to the child’s formula.

In summary, this is a vaccination schedule that I would recommend:

No vaccinations until a child is two years old.
No vaccines that contain thimerosal (mercury).
No live virus vaccines (except for smallpox, should it recur).
These vaccines, to be given one at a time, every six months, beginning at age 2:
Pertussis (acellular, not whole cell)
Diphtheria
Tetanus
Polio (the Salk vaccine, cultured in human cells)

American children are the most highly vaccinated kids in the world. This schedule is an alternative to the one that rules our "vaccine nation" (as the Village Voice terms it). In contrast to the CDC’s immunization schedule, it is user-friendly.

vaccine nation:
http://www.villagevoice.com/news/9941,cotts,9012,6.html

December 10, 2004

I wish I had followed this immunization schedule instead of letting my son get the shots when he was a baby.

My sister was a preemie and had asthma pretty much since day 1, and I started having asthma in 1993. Around 1990, my sister and I (who were basically wards of the court and had medicaid) started getting sicker more often (usually respiratory infections and ear infections), and since we were wards of the court and on medicaid, our grandparents didn't think they had a choice regarding vaccines, so they basically just said yes to pretty much everything the doctor recommended.

Offline Paulfan

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2009, 02:15:09 am »
http://www.hulu.com/watch/58170/nbc-nightly-news-with-brian-williams-avoiding-vaccines-is-a-shot-in-the-dark

And the propaganda continues.  I caught this the other night and wondered why they dismiss the plethora of problems with the vaccinations!  Talk about lopsided journalism.
[img/]http://ia310828.us.archive.org/3/items/Shoe-tosserGuyGif7/iraqimage007.gif[img]

Offline momof2

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2009, 08:41:31 am »
http://www.hulu.com/watch/58170/nbc-nightly-news-with-brian-williams-avoiding-vaccines-is-a-shot-in-the-dark

And the propaganda continues.  I caught this the other night and wondered why they dismiss the plethora of problems with the vaccinations!  Talk about lopsided journalism.

They are so brainwashed and it's sickening how they take such pleasure in brainwashing their fellow Americans!

I agree with you, Paulfan. How can ANYONE just dismiss all these problems so clearly connected with the rise in vaccines?!

Whenever I try and educate people, complete strangers will look at me and tell me that I "ought to be locked up for that", tell me my kids will make other kids sick, and sometimes (like my mother) even gasp, "But... aren't you breaking THE LAW?!"

Does anyone think it is any strange coincidence that we are the "Fast Food Nation" who gets vaccinated more than any other country, yet we're one of the fattest and sickest nations around?

angndon

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2009, 03:20:20 pm »
I have had the most luck getting people to "see the light" over this ridiculous immunization schedule just by showing them this list and asking them "what they think" of it.   .....after they pick their jaw up off the floor, it doesn't take much convincing or explaining for them to realize how ludicrous it is.

Show it to as many as you can.  Seriously....it's pretty hard for people to argue with it.   Especially since we weren't experiencing deadly epidemics which warranted tripling the schedule.

Offline NEPat

« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2009, 09:46:29 am »

2008 autism is 1 in 150

When I brought this point up to our Pediatrician, all she could say was that the studies don't support that vaccines are at fault. I didn't get into asking who paid for the studies, I would have been wasting my time. The best way to find the truth about anything is to look at what you see going on around you. It amazes me that the powers that be can get so many people to accept what they're told on TV & by "experts", even when it contradicts everything actually going on around them. 

Offline Spdcoach

• I am Kyle J.
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2009, 11:57:08 am »
Thank you so much for posting this link. I appreciate it very much.  Kyle J
Kyle J.
http://www.myspace.com/kylito65

“ Winning at the expense of principle is called losing. "

Offline John_Back_From_The_Club_O

• From Hell to Veins
World Population Reduction The Holiest Of Holy Grails.
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2009, 10:40:26 am »
John Back From The Club Of Rome-

Thank you for posting these facts.

I am going to start a vaccine / world population reduction thread soon that I will keep updating.  As I have written may times on the Info Wars message boards and have talked to Alex on air that (Like Lindsey Williams) I also sat with the 'leader's leaders of the world (or at least a few of them) at a Club Of Rome Symposium while they talked about how they intended to not only reduce the world population by 85% BUT GET THE PUBLIC'S SUPPORT TO DO SO.

This symposium in Bahrain was held in 1988.  Like in the case of Lindsey Williams EVERYTHING they said they would do has come to pass.  Subjects like the Rwanda Genocide, OK City, 911, 7/7 operations called by them 'Strategy Of Tension' operations, Genetically ALTERED (the didn't use the word 'modified') food and drugs and how they would be used together against us in conjunction with DNA data bases. DNA population control methods was discussed in great detail.  The assassination of genome scientists, and by the way, these will NOT be the only useful people who will be "in for a major surprise in the end" (their words not mine) many of the people in the highest levels will get theirs in the end according to these people.  All this came to pass but the most import key in population reduction centered around vaccines and making them MANDATORY.  Their next phase is NOW upon us...Mandatory Vaccination.

You see, it won't matter if you have own a gun, gold or have rights of any kind... If you get these bio weaponized shots none of the above will save you.

I have to confess I have done a poor job due to time constraints getting this info out.  I started the 'Alex Jones Analysis' but could not put in the time to continue it.  I did start a vaccination blog but it's in it's infancy.
http://www.thoughts.com/HipapocaraatesVaccines/blog        
They say that every day
Is just another rotten mess
And when it's gonna change, my friends
Is anybody's guess...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=girnJH7tvpM

Offline Shewolf

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2009, 07:20:41 pm »

This subject caught my eye because, hence my name, I've got two babies, a 2-year-old boy and a 4-month-old girl, and the doctors and general public in my small Kentucky hometown act like we're the only idiots in the world who wouldn't dare shoot their little ones up with this crap. Doctors have threatened me, and some people won't even let their kids play with mine because they're afraid their kids will "catch something", which is funny because my boy has only been sick with a minor illness twice in his life (never been on any meds/antibiotics) and my girl has never been sick, while all the vaccinated children catch something every couple months, it seems.

People are just absolutely ignorant when it comes to vaccines. My own mother became hysterical upon learning that my little boy wasn't going to be vaccinated, insisting, "You'll get in TROUBLE!... My friend took her daughter to the emergency room one time and she got in A LOT OF TROUBLE because her kid wasn't vaccinated!... What about school? What about if something goes around and he catches it?"

It also makes me sick to my stomach to see how many vaccines they force into the bloodstreams of small children nowadays, and sheeple just sit back and allow it to happen even as their baby, whom they are supposed to protect, is laying there screaming bloody murder while some stranger jabs needles into their legs and arms "because you're SUPPOSED TO..."

Amen sister! Welcome to the forum! I found a local homeopathic doctor who believes children should build their immune system naturally. No one is going to stick my baby with NWO poison. Don't let them push you around. We have rights and an obligation to protect our children.
Pass the KY because the government won't provide it!

Offline momof2

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2009, 08:48:38 pm »
Amen sister! Welcome to the forum! I found a local homeopathic doctor who believes children should build their immune system naturally. No one is going to stick my baby with NWO poison. Don't let them push you around. We have rights and an obligation to protect our children.

Thank you! I'm glad I signed onto this forum and can talk to like-minded people. It really gives me hope to meet other parents who don't vaccinate... I just sure wish more folks knew of the dangers and of their basic right to JUST SAY NO, even to the "gods in white coats"!

deconstructmyhouse

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2009, 08:53:35 pm »

I salute you Mom of Two!
Your children will thank you.

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2009, 01:59:05 pm »
http://www.naturalnews.com/023610.html
Hepatitis B Vaccine: Good for 'Newborn' Prostitutes and Drug Users, but Who Else?

NaturalNews) The Hepatitis B (Hep B) vaccine is considered one of the most controversial vaccines in the pediatric vaccination schedule. Why are we giving it to newborns and what are the adverse reactions associated with such an early vaccination?
What is the Hep B Vaccine?

In November of 1991, the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices of the CDC recommended the universal vaccination of Hep B to every newborn in the U.S. There are currently two types of genetically engineered hepatitis B vaccines licensed for use in the U.S.: Merck's Recombivax HB® (each 0.5 mL dose contains 5 mcg of hepatitis B surface antigen with formaldehyde, and .5mg of aluminum (potassium aluminum sulfate)[1] and GlaxoSmithKline's Engerix-B® (each 0.5 mL dose contains 10 mcg of hepatitis B surface antigen adsorbed on 0.25 mg aluminum as aluminum hydroxide, sodium chloride, disodium phosphate dihydrate, and sodium dihydrogen phosphate dihydrate [2].

When is the Hep B Vaccine Given?

The Hep B vaccine is the first vaccine given to newborns and is injected within 12 hours of birth. The CDC then recommends a second injection at one to two months of age and a third vaccination between six and 18 months (regardless of manufacturer).

Why is the Hep B Vaccine Given?

This vaccine is given because of fear, lack of knowledge and corporate greed from the vaccine manufacturers. Merck generates over $1 billion worth of revenue from this vaccine alone. Most hospitals allow for screening of Hep B in mothers prior to birth, but many do not do this. Even if the mother tests positive for Hep B, there is only a 5% probability that the virus will be passed from mother to child. We are ostensibly injecting helpless newborns (nearly 1 million per year in the U.S.) with this vaccine with the false belief that every mother already has Hep B and if they don't, we will be protecting the future generation of promiscuous teens and drug users. The CDC and FDA know that drug users and prostitutes will not get the vaccine themselves and therefore it is better to vaccinate these potential drug users and hookers when they are born. The CDC and Merck have collaborated to misinterpret and skew the number of cases of Hepatitis B in the U.S. They say each year up to 320,000 new cases occur, yet the CDC documents report that only 10,000 new cases occur. Even of these 10,000 cases, 95 percent (or 9,500) will recover on their own and forever have natural immunity. This type of misinformation and fear tactics are nothing new to Big Pharma, for it is fear that allows one to control the masses and as a corollary, numerous infants and families have forever been harmed.

Adverse Reactions to Hep B?

Accurate data on adverse reactions to the Hep B vaccine are very difficult to come by due to scarcity or lack of reporting by many physicians as well as blocked reporting data from the CDC. The most recent and complete data from the VAERS (Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System) and government agencies (CDC, FDA) are from July, 1990 to October 1999 and include 24,775 adverse reactions. These reactions include 439 deaths and 9,673 emergency room visits. These reactions have included, arthritis [3, 4]; skin disorders [5]; compromised immunity and autoimmune disease [6]; neurological damage; vision loss and rare eye disorders such as optic neuritis [7] and epitheliopathy [8]; blood disorders [9]; diabetes [10]; damage to liver and kidneys [11]; severe vomiting, diarrhoea and death [12].

Because the reporting of adverse events to VAERS is completely voluntary, up to 96 to 99 percent of these reactions are never reported [13]. Realistically, the number of adverse events following Hep B vaccination from 1990 to 1999 would be somewhere around 2.5 million (24,775 multiplied by 99). In addition to the above adverse reactions, additional severe reactions have been reported from Merck and GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals which include: edema of the heart, chest discomfort, Guillain-Barre syndrome, fever, hearing damage, bronchial spasms, hair loss, encephalitis, multiple sclerosis, seizures, herpes zoster, Bells palsy, rash, visual impairments and anaphylaxis [1, 2]. In October of 1998, France became the first country to effectively ban the Hep B vaccine given to children due to an increase in child arthritis, multiple sclerosis symptoms and other serious adverse reactions.

From the above evidence we can conclude that if you wish to groom your children to become future drug users who share needles or prostitutes (or quite possibly both) then the risks of contracting Hep B may outweigh the risks of receiving one of the many adverse reactions. But, if you are a responsible parent and believe that your child is extremely unlikely to come in contact with Hep B through such risky behavior (especially as a newborn or infant), then clearly this vaccine is unwarranted. Furthermore, it is safe to say that this vaccine should be removed from the American Academy of Pediatrics infant vaccination schedule to prevent further damage and death to our children. Interestingly enough, up to 87% of pediatricians believe that the Hep B vaccine is totally unnecessary for newborns [14]. It seems that the Hep B vaccine may be warranted in only the most exceptional of circumstances much later on in life, but it has no place being anywhere near our 12 hour old children with a very immature and underdeveloped immune system.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2002/01/23/hepatitis-vaccine-part-three.aspx
http://www.naturodoc.com/library/bio-war/HepB.htm

Hepatitis B Vaccination for Newborns
Good Intentions, Bad Science, Worse Policy
Perhaps any attempt at prevention would be a good bet if the vaccine were harmless, but it's not.  Today there are more reports of adverse reactions from the vaccine than there are reported cases of the disease in children.

Data created by the government’s Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) in 1996 confirm 872 serious adverse events in children under 14 years of age who had been injected with Hepatitis B vaccine.  

These kids were either taken to an emergency room, had life-threatening health problems, were hospitalized, or were disabled following the vaccination.  

214 had the Hepatitis B vaccine alone, and the rest received it in combination with other vaccines.  48 kids died after being injected with Hepatitis B vaccine in 1996, and 13 of them had received the Hepatitis B vaccine alone just before they died.  In contrast, in 1996 only 279 cases of Hepatitis B disease were reported in children under age 14.

The World Health Organization only recommends infant vaccination for Hepatitis B in areas where carrier prevalence is 2 percent or greater.  This does not apply to the U.S., except for certain ethnic groups in Alaska.  But current U.S. health policy is based on an exaggerated perception of the prevalence of Hepatitis B, and here vaccination is required for every newborn.

http://www.putchildrenfirst.org/media/2.12.pdf
MERCK LAUNCHES PRESERVATIVE-FREE HEPATITIS-B VACCINE
9/9/99 0:1
The public health guidelines published in the September 9 issue of the MMWR, specifically state:
-- Priority should be given to the use of preservative-free hepatitis B vaccine for all newborns.
-- All infants up to six months of age should be vaccinated with a preservative-free vaccine, as available.
Infants six weeks of age or older can receive either a preservative free hepatitis B vaccine or a
preservative-free combination containing hepatitis B vaccine.
-- Infants up to six months of age who are at high risk of perinatal or early childhood hepatitis B virus
transmission, should be vaccinated with a thimerosal-containing hepatitis B vaccine if preservative-free
vaccine is not available.
-- Thimerosal-containing hepatitis B vaccine should continue to be used for vaccination of children six
months of age and older, adolescents and adults.

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2010, 01:13:37 pm »
Related:  Dr. Wakefield run out on a rail regarding MMR vacination and the Autism connection

see: http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/uk/mmr+doctor+andrew+wakefield+struck+off/3657692

http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DBYy1kvOYNJI&sa=U&ei=g4gSTKrTJte4nAfd3-mRAw&ved=0CBQQtwIwBDgK&usg=AFQjCNHYFar5AqtETx7eyGDPJzPSU1mm3Q

http://www.ageofautism.com/2010/01/dr-wakefield-mmr-the-gmc-hearing-calling-the-british-medias-bluff.html
January 22, 2010
Dr. Wakefield, MMR & the GMC Hearing – Calling the British Media’s Bluff  - By John Stone

With the General Medical Council hearing against Drs Wakefield, Walker-Smith and Murch due to announce its preliminary findings in less than a week there is little doubt that the UK media will play the line that whatever happens the science is over – yet they have every reason to believe that this is not true and continue to blank the specific criticisms with ad hominems against supporters of Andrew Wakefield.

They have had it demonstrated:

1) The persistence of measles of virus in the gut (the most controversial part of Wakefield’s hypothesis)  is an established reality

2) The epidemiological evidence base for the safety of MMR vaccine (and particularly in relation to autism) is non-existent

3)  Autism incidence has spun out of control despite denials

Until they answer the criticisms their journalism will remain vacuous  opinionising: no better than propaganda. Above all, they can scarcely counter that they are unaware of the problems, because I for one have assiduously placed them back under their noses, year after year – notably with such opinion leaders as Jeremy Laurance, medical editor of the Independent, and Ben Goldacre, author of the Guardian’s Bad Science column.

In the case of Laurance (although Goldacre is deeply implicated to) I placed a challenge for him in BMJ Rapid Responses recently (BMJ HERE), and then when he did not reply, placed the link in an editorial he wrote in his own newspaper (Independent HERE ).

Laurance set the scene with his comment on the MMR affair in his review of the decade in British Medical Journal:

No vaccine in recent history has provoked so much anger, fear, and ill informed speculation. It started in 1998 with the publication of the now infamous Lancet paper linking MMR vaccine with bowel disease and autism. Vaccination rates with MMR stood at 91% in 1997-8 but had slipped to 80% in 2003-4 and as low as 60% in parts of London. Although the rates have since recovered to 85%, hundreds of thousands of children remain unprotected from the diseases and cases of measles have soared.

One of the greatest puzzles of the saga is what has sustained this level of mistrust in the medical authority. Unlike most scientific controversies, which flare up and die away, this one has simmered for a decade. And it looks set to be fired up again by the conclusion of the General Medical Council case against the chief author of the Lancet paper, Andrew Wakefield, which is expected to conclude early in 2010.

Some charts:

http://barbfeick.com/vaccinations/Graphs/autism.htm
Autism was unknown before vaccines

Note: when the mercury was pulled out of the vaccines.... the data about autism rates was made LESS available

http://www.vaccinationnews.com/age_of_autism.htm

January 13, 2009 - Olmsted on Autism:
Autism Explosion Followed Big Change in MMR Shot

By Dan Olmsted - Age of Autism

"In 1990, Merck & Co., manufacturer of the mumps-measles-rubella vaccine known as the MMR, made a significant but little-noticed change: It quadrupled the amount of mumps virus in the combination shot, from 5,000 to 20,000 units. Then in 2007 it reversed course, reducing the amount to 12,500 units. Neither the measles nor the rubella (German measles) component of the MMR was changed at all -- each remained at 1,000 units throughout."