Woodrow Wilson Federal Reserve Quote Located

Author Topic: Woodrow Wilson Federal Reserve Quote Located  (Read 6658 times)

Offline Matthew

Woodrow Wilson Federal Reserve Quote Located
« on: February 07, 2009, 02:14:05 am »
This is the quote we're familiar with:

"I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men." -Woodrow Wilson, after signing the Federal Reserve into existence

Unfortunately, he did not write all of this, nor did he write it after he signed the Federal Reserve act, but rather before. Therefore, this quote isn't even referring to the Federal Reserve. To say this and then sign us on to the Fed makes him look worse in my book.

Here's the actual quote:

"We have restricted credit, we have restricted opportunity, we have controlled development, and we have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men." -Woodrow Wilson, The New Freedom: A Call for the Emancipation of the Generous, page 201, 1913

http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&id=xgwAAAAAYAAJ&dq=the+new+freedom+wilson&printsec=frontcover&source=web&ots=Sepk0spY55&sig=AwzGXGuJHjsYAMz-D1anIWZM25g&ei=PC6NSY3FAeH8tgfssb2oCw&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=3&ct=result#PPA201,M1

He said this before signing on to the Fed. So much for that. I'm not sure if he actually ever said the first few lines in the top quote. Maybe from another quote of his??

Offline Matthew

Re: Woodrow Wilson Federal Reserve Quote Located
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 02:34:28 am »
This is the quote we're familiar with:

"I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men." -Woodrow Wilson, after signing the Federal Reserve into existence

Unfortunately, he did not write all of this, nor did he write it after he signed the Federal Reserve act, but rather before. Therefore, this quote isn't even referring to the Federal Reserve. To say this and then sign us on to the Fed makes him look worse in my book.

Here's the actual quote:

"We have restricted credit, we have restricted opportunity, we have controlled development, and we have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men." -Woodrow Wilson, The New Freedom: A Call for the Emancipation of the Generous, page 201, 1913

http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&id=xgwAAAAAYAAJ&dq=the+new+freedom+wilson&printsec=frontcover&source=web&ots=Sepk0spY55&sig=AwzGXGuJHjsYAMz-D1anIWZM25g&ei=PC6NSY3FAeH8tgfssb2oCw&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=3&ct=result#PPA201,M1

He said this before signing on to the Fed. So much for that. I'm not sure if he actually ever said the first few lines in the top quote. Maybe from another quote of his??

OK, I found the source for a couple of the first lines and it reads as follows:

A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men, who, even if their actions be honest and intended for the public interest. are necessarily concentrated upon the great undertakings in which their own money is involved and who, necessarily, by every reason of their own limitations chill and check and destroy genuine economic freedom. -Woodrow Wilson, June 16 1911, Thin Ice, The New York Times.

http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive-free/pdf?res=9B03E0D61439E333A25755C1A9609C946096D6CFei=dTaNSbzfLMe_tgfPhPSHCw&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=1&ct=result#PPA26,M1 (PDF)

Offline snafu

• No more time to play patty cake...
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 09:02:29 pm »
Damn Peter Joseph is probably rolling over his in grave
Can someone send me some anthrax?

Offline Revolt426

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 09:04:00 pm »
Woodrow Wilson talking about FDR Economics?..... Interesting!
"Liquidate labor, liquidate stocks, liquidate the farmers, liquidate real estate It will purge the rottenness out of the system..." - Andrew Mellon, Secretary of Treasury, 1929.

Offline Amd304912

• Ietsism (Dutch “ietsisme” - "Somethingism")
    • Israel-centered-neoconservative-death-cult-of-evangelican-born-again-Xtians-Are-you-one?                                      Im Not.
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 09:08:42 pm »
Woodrow Wilson talking about FDR Economics?..... Interesting!

Yes it is, remember the lincoln thread? the lord palmerston one? The fed, us-bank and all the others aren't separate entity's, they are all the same structures. Also they make bankruptcy law which is why we have a revolving door title policy, they change the name when exposed.
faith basers make me as sick as free basers Surah 75 سورة القيامة - محمد [ http://powerofthadolla.freeforums.org/ ] An Almond for a Parrot
€∀M_ حتى الآلهة الحمار الاحتفاظ زنجي الخراء تمشيا   أنت كافر نكاح تفرز من الشيطان الاكبر يا  ح

Offline Revolt426

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 09:11:40 pm »
Yes it is, remember the lincoln thread? the lord palmerston one? The fed, us-bank and all the others aren't separate entity's, they are all the same structures. Also they make bankruptcy law which is why we have a revolving door title policy, they change the name when exposed.
I was being sarcastic...... Wilson is actually telling the truth there....... the FED in it's current form is not a Credit System it is a private lending system. FDR put it into bankruptcy and used it as a credit institution for infrastructure...

of course i remember the lincoln and palmerston threads, i posted them :)
"Liquidate labor, liquidate stocks, liquidate the farmers, liquidate real estate It will purge the rottenness out of the system..." - Andrew Mellon, Secretary of Treasury, 1929.

Offline Amd304912

• Ietsism (Dutch “ietsisme” - "Somethingism")
    • Israel-centered-neoconservative-death-cult-of-evangelican-born-again-Xtians-Are-you-one?                                      Im Not.
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 09:13:36 pm »
faith basers make me as sick as free basers Surah 75 سورة القيامة - محمد [ http://powerofthadolla.freeforums.org/ ] An Almond for a Parrot
€∀M_ حتى الآلهة الحمار الاحتفاظ زنجي الخراء تمشيا   أنت كافر نكاح تفرز من الشيطان الاكبر يا  ح

Offline Unintelligable Name

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 11:04:21 pm »
bump