PrisonPlanet Forum
July 22, 2014, 01:29:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hand symbols - I love you | Shaka | Corna - know the difference  (Read 84226 times)
Brocke
Eleutherophiliac & Drapetomaniac
Global Moderator

I am not a number, I am a free man!

« on: February 01, 2009, 03:38:33 AM »

Hand symbols - I love you | Shaka | Corna - know the difference

I love you
This American Sign Language allophone is derived from a combination of three handshapes: I, L, and Y.

Shaka
Originating in Hawaii, local lore credits the gesture to an all-clear signal given by a sugar train guard who had lost his middle fingers in an industrial accident. Given various meanings, such as "all right", "cool" or "smooth", outside Hawaii it is often described as meaning "hang loose." If the thumb is held to the ear it is a request to be called on the telephone, if held to the mouth it implies drunkenness.
Corna
A vulger gesture in Mediterranean countries, often denoting infidelity, the "devil sign", mano cornuta or horned hand, is also used humourously when taking photographs, similar to the North American "rabbit ears" gesture held behind someone's head. Inspired by Anton LaVey and used by satanists, it's use in the heavy metel music subculture has evolved into a general youthful sign for "rock on" or "party down" and is termed a visel. Among its many meanings, several American universities have innocently adopted it as a sign of support for their athletic teams. When displayed with the palm facing inward it can denote the Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc.

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
~Aldous Huxley
Unintelligable Name

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 04:21:23 AM »

O_O

The woman who created the "I love you" sign language gesture was an occultist.

The Corna most certainly was not inspired by Anton LaVey.

Do I really need to cite my sources or can I get by with mutual understanding today?
Brocke
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 04:41:28 AM »

O_O

The woman who created the "I love you" sign language gesture was an occultist.

The Corna most certainly was not inspired by Anton LaVey.

Do I really need to cite my sources or can I get by with mutual understanding today?

There is no need to quote sources. Sources are only for research and serious posts.

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
~Aldous Huxley
Unintelligable Name

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 04:32:20 PM »

Haha alright sir I'll dig them out of the interwebz shortly.
sociostudent
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 04:55:47 PM »

There is no need to quote sources. Sources are only for research and serious posts.

LOL

Sorry, that was funny Smiley
Unintelligable Name

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 11:15:51 PM »

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Wicca%20&%20Witchcraft/signs_of_satan.htm

Marrs' book Codex Magica

Scary man.

"The satanic hand sign is a representation of the Goat of Mendes  or Baphomet.The two outer fingers represent the horns and the two clenched fingers with the thumb represent the goat's head & beard." - http://educate-yourself.org/lte/satanichandsign28aug07.shtml

"The origin of this use of the idea of horns has been said to derive from the legend of the Minotaur, who was born from queen Pasiphaë's infidelity with a white bull, betraying her husband King Minos of Crete; the most prominent proof of the betrayal, the horned offspring, was taken as its symbol" - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corna

Do I get to pass go?
Devotional Soul
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 01:07:49 AM »

Mudras are ancient hand signs used for specific purposes. 

The satan hand sign is called the Apan Mudra.  It's attributes are energizing and self-confidence.  Satan's #1 sin is pride, which is the corruption of self-confidence.  This Apan Mudra is not evil by itself, but you can see why satanists chose it for using in a corrupted way, to empower with pride.

Apan in Sanskrit literally translates to 'air moving downward', and even more specifically 'air moving out the anus'.  It's used for constipation, removing toxins, cleansing organs and is also said to stop a heart attack (maybe that's why Bush did it so much, lol).  This hand sign is probably keeping these sickos alive, lol, and they certainly do a good job of moving energy downward.

There is also more to the Hawaiian Shaka, it may be more than a hang loose sign.  The official story is really a mystery, wikipedia gives 3 possible stories.  Most people assume the story in the OP, but still, no one knows where the name 'shaka' came from because the Hawaiian language does not have the 'sh' sound.

The man who was missing the fingers and coined the hand sign was the 'king' of festivities for the Morman church (connected to freemasonry):

http://archives.starbulletin.com/2002/03/31/news/kokualine.html
"What he does know is that "Tutu Hamana was a community leader and also the choir director at the Mormon Church in Laie. That was another place that people saw (the gesture) -- he directed the choir that way and was famous for that."  Kalili was also the "mo'i (king) of the festivities" at the famed hukilau that was held annually in Laie as a fund-raiser for the Mormon Church"

Hawaii was infiltrated with freemasonry in the 1800s:

http://www.hawaiifreemason.org/history/royalty.html
Hawaiian Royalty and the Craft

No history of Freemasonry in Hawaii would be complete without some reference to the "Craft and the Royal Connection." In the days of the Hawaiian Kingdom, a special relationship was enjoyed between Freemasonry and the Monarchy, including some men closely associated with the Monarchy. This favorable situation was due to several members of the Hawaiian Royalty being members of the Craft, and some Caucasian Freemasons who had settled in the islands and married into one of the Royal familes.

PRINCE LODGE KAMEHAMEHA V, fifth ruler of the Hawaiian kingdom, was the first native Hawaiian to become a Freemason. On February 27, 1853, he was raised to the Sublime Degree of Master Mason in Hawaiian Lodge No. 21.
Brocke
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 02:34:25 AM »

Wow, very interesting...however...

Helen Keller was NOT the inventor of either French or American sign language. Based on this false information one should dismiss the rest of Marrs' book or at least the supposed Helen Keller connection.

Who invented sign language?

Juan Pablo de Bonet invented sign language. In the year 1620, Bonet wrote a book that contained the first known manual alphabet system. The handshapes in this system represented different speech sounds. This is a great accomplishment, but realize that he created the first known manual alphabet system, not the first manual alphabet.

Still looking into who invented sign language, some people think that the deaf people living on Martha's Vineyard invented sign language. Martha's Vineyard Sign Language (MVSL) is an early sign language that was used on the island of Martha's Vineyard that is off the coast of Massachusetts. [Now there's a definite occult connection! Martha's Vineyard has long been associated with occult events and practices]

Abbe Charles Michel de L'Epee invented French Sign Language.
Laurent Clerc and Thomas Hopkins Gallaudet invented American Sign Language.

Helen Keller WAS a Marxist and DID have connections to Swedenborg & Blavatski's Theosophy. That part is true.

The rest is inferred not stated. Notice that in the photo captions Marrs does not state anything he ends the first two paragraphs with question marks. The third paragraph is a false statement that is meant to qualify the previous questions.

Sorry. It is very interesting, however, it does not prove anything.

I will definitely keep an eye out for any more info implicating Mrs. Keller as this is a facinating theory. If you have more info from other sources I would be very interested in reading it.

~Aldous Huxley
Unintelligable Name

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 03:48:53 AM »

What I said was that she is attributed with the "I Love you" sign language gesture. Marrs says she invented sign language, I have not a care in the world whether that is accurate or not.

Anyhow from the photographs you can see that "The Corna" and "I love you" signs are totally interchangeable with Satanists so it hardly matters to me personally. In fact the thumb is said to represent the beard on the Goat of Mendes. However we as forum goers cannot really know until a Satanist comes out and explains it.

Down with Lucifier! Death to the New World Order!

"it does not prove anything."

Ummm... well actually it does to a good extent but that's alright with me if it's alright with you. =D
Unintelligable Name

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 04:06:41 AM »

From looking at more examples I'm coming to the personal conclusion that the thumb extended is used by people who aren't really in the know, but trying to convey the same message, while the thumb tucked in is used by the actual Satanists.

Of course one cannot lay claim to a position of fingers on a hand as being this and only this.

Prime example of this is the A-OK symbol, making the O with the thumb and index finger, and the "K" is just implied with the 3 other fingers to be there. It can be also used to mean 666, as the middle, ring, and pinky fingers form the curves of 3 6's with the thumb and index forming the circle of the 6. This is made visual on this photograph.

Tomorrow I will make a new meaning for the 666/OK hand gesture. It will now mean "I have diarrhea, please move out of the way, oh God.... oh God."

The only thing that makes sense to me is to cross reference these gestures with the elite's background and belief system. Then it's pretty clear, to me at least, what they mean by their finger puppetry.
Unintelligable Name

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2009, 04:28:33 AM »

Actually something I just realized. The "I love You" from your original post has the palm facing outwards while the "Corna" has the back of the hand facing outwards. If you look around at the various instances of the Corna you will find no correlation to the position of the palm.

The Palm facing towards the Altar.

Also just realized what I said about the elite's background and whatnot isn't relevant to the arguement. Were they extending their thumbs to form the "I Love You" or "Noob Satanist" as it were, then that would have bearing. In photo after photo after photo there is no thumb extended, and there is a shocking congruence in their gestures.

I cannot as of yet find a photograph of an elitist using the corna with their palm facing inward.
I appears on the surface to me that to form the gesture with the palm facing inward requires a lot effort and it comes more noticable twice over.

A wax dummy of LeVay

Does Obama mean I love you! in one photo then Hail Lucifier in another? Could be....
Unintelligable Name

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2009, 04:32:02 AM »

Notice how Miley Cyrus is actually point down with her left hand. Red flags should be popping up.

Or perhaps she is just incredibly dumb and unlucky for having formed two incriminated gestures in the same photograph.

Michael wants to tell you that he loves you.

Perhaps the direction of the palm does play some significance. It would appear to be, your thoughts?
Unintelligable Name

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2009, 04:36:52 AM »

Hope nobody is still using 56k dial up haha.
Unintelligable Name

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2009, 04:39:02 AM »

Brocke
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2009, 11:43:00 AM »

What I said was that she is attributed with the "I Love you" sign language gesture. Marrs says she invented sign language, I have not a care in the world whether that is accurate or not.

Anyhow from the photographs you can see that "The Corna" and "I love you" signs are totally interchangeable with Satanists so it hardly matters to me personally. In fact the thumb is said to represent the beard on the Goat of Mendes. However we as forum goers cannot really know until a Satanist comes out and explains it.

Down with Lucifier! Death to the New World Order!

"it does not prove anything."

Ummm... well actually it does to a good extent but that's alright with me if it's alright with you. =D

"The Corna" and "I love you" signs are totally interchangeable with Satanists

I absolutely agree with this. They are not signing to the masses, they are signing as a confirmation to each other and where their fingers are positioned is not an issue with them.

I have not a care in the world whether that is accurate or not

I guess it must be nice to not have a care in the world, especially about the accuracy of the information you post.

~Aldous Huxley
Unintelligable Name

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2009, 05:18:14 PM »

Well does it matter to you who invented Sign Language?

Doesn't to me.
Brocke
Global Moderator

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2009, 05:19:28 PM »

Well does it matter to you who invented Sign Language?

Doesn't to me.

ok.

~Aldous Huxley
Unintelligable Name

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2009, 06:10:18 PM »

"By the age of seven she had invented over 60 different signs by which she could talk to her family. If she wanted bread for example, she would pretend to cut a loaf and butter the slices. If she wanted ice cream she wrapped her arms around herself and pretended to shiver"

Personally I can't even imagine where Marrs came up with the information that Keller invented all of sign language, as it seems he would be saying. Out of a hat I would imagine.

"But her commitment to social change was extensive. She was a personal friend of controversial birth control advocate Margaret Sanger,"
"So she consulted a physician who in turn put her in touch with Alexander Graham Bell"
"Sign language was used as the basis of instruction, sometimes "spelling" words into the hands of the deaf/blind with the manual alphabet. " "It is worth noting that contrary to popular belief, Helen was not entirely ignorant of symbolizing -- or rather, of using hand signs to represent real world actions or objects. In fact she already used dozens of gestures of her own devising."

She had an interesting life indeed. It's likely that her "I love you" symbol, if it can be narrowed down as originating with her, existed long before she gained interest in the occult, and it's merely one of the those odd ball coincidences.

"Obama’s support for Deaf"

Yes... Obama wants to say "I love you" to deaf people. Makes perfect sense, does it not?

Whatcha doing with your left hand Mrs. Palin.... oh my.

The prince is saying he loves you! How cute.

Charlie Bell also loves you.

Could be

These poor deaf people on these blogs actually think because Palin or Obama could be saying "I love you!" to them that it somehow means they care about them...

"Judy: The man was from Oklahoma. He was a teacher there. MaryRose was a teacher in Kansas. They went to Gallaudet together and the two of them were good friends. Often, they wanted to tell each other how much they cherished and cared for one another. But they didn’t quite know how. One of them developed the ILY sign, looked it over and decided it would be ok to use. From then on, they decided to use it only for people who they loved and cherished. They began using the ILY sign then."

"John: I remember seeing a movie about a boy and girl who were sweethearts. They married in 1937. I think they invented that ILY sign sometime around or before the 1930’s."

"Judy: Yes, MaryRose died, they both died, and yes, they both made up that sign."

Can't find anything, yet, on this Mary Rose character they are talking about here. Will keep looking after I'm done eating. This is getting really annoying that I cannot pinpoint the origin of that stupid sign.
Unintelligable Name

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2009, 06:17:48 PM »

"Manuela, now 23, was first introduced to vampirism and the Goth lifestyle at age 16, when she ran away to London and met up with a secret colony of blood drinking satanists in that city's north side. Soon, she hooked up with lover Daniel Ruda, another would-be vampire and satanist. The two got married in a satanic ceremony and went to live in Germany, taking up the dark Goth lifestyle there.

Manuela and Daniel Ruda and their many Goth friends gave the El Diablo hand sign back and forth as a sign of recognition. It was a sign indicating their love and worship of their Master, Lucifer. It also signified their hatred of everything good.

On July 6, 2001, Manuela and Daniel followed what they claim was their Master's order to "kill, sacrifice, bring souls!" The chosen victim, Frank Hackert, 33, "suffered well," bragged Manuela. After inviting the unsuspecting Hackert to their apartment for a satanic party, she and her vampire husband, Daniel, pitilessly stabbed the hapless Hackert a grand total of 66 times on that 6th day of the month (666). They then cut a satanic pentagram (5-point inverted star) in his chest and drank his blood from a bowl on an altar topped with skulls. Afterwards, the two satanic killers celebrated by enjoying sex together as they lay in a silk-lined oak coffin."

He showed up for a satanic party and was ritually sacrificed. Now that is one hell of an obituary.

I'd say these two monsters knew a fair deal about Satanic rituals.

Perhaps she means to say "I love you" camera man! Or maybe just I love you satan =P

"Strangely, family members and friends not involved in satanism and vampirism say they did not realize that the hand sign was the devil's calling card. "I thought it was just a fun thing, you know, sorta the kind of cool way kids show they are having an awesome time at a heavy metal concert," said a cousin.

Manuela's mother says she was, however, increasingly disturbed over her daughter's lifestyle. Especially when Manuela had two teeth removed and had metal vampire fangs implanted. She was also taken aback by her daughter's tattoo—an upside down cross on her scalp.

But the hand sign? "Well," she said, "I thought it was like the sign the deaf give, meaning, I love you."

"I often heard Manuela say she was not of this world and was a satanic vampire," recounted her mother, "but I figured it was just so much silly talk. Just another way of living. After all, not every Goth vampire ends up sacrificing victims to Satan."

In the end, it was Manuela's mom who turned the couple in to the police. She was alarmed after her daughter wrote her a letter confessing the crime and showing no remorse whatsoever. Manuela even told her mother she looked forward to serving Satan, her Lord, in hell."
Unintelligable Name

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2009, 06:20:10 PM »

"Also called Il Cornuto and Diabolicus, the employment by the elite of the hand sign of the horned devil can actually be tracked all the way back to Babylon. On the great wall of Babylon, adjacent to Ishtar's Gate, was a mosaic image of a horned bull, representing the sun god. The horns were symbolic of the Babylonian god's power over the hearts of men.

Later, in Imperial Rome, Caesar's military legions and millions of common people worshipped the sun god, Mithras. Mithraic initiates were baptized in the blood of a horned bull, slain and sacrificed by temple priests.

The Knights Templar, predecessor to today Scottish Rite Freemasons, worshiped the grotesque horned goat god, Baphomet. It is believed that many Illuminists continue to sacrifice to this unspeakable deity to this very day.

Reportedly, the Illuminati take great delight in seeing the masses adopt their ancient symbol of satanic worship on such a vast scale. How easy it has been for the elite to persuade the stupid and gullible to enter into satanic bondage. In giving the El Diablo, that is exactly the message the giver is signalling the devil: "I'm yours forever, Satan, heart and soul I'm yours!""
Unintelligable Name

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2009, 06:22:16 PM »

I figure I'll email Marrs in a bit and see what he has to say about his error regarding keller being the creator of the deaf signalling system. Maybe he has the hidden proofs to back it up. Highly unlikely but I may as well get his take on it.

Here's the email if you want to contact him as well.

prophecy@texemarrs.com <prophecy@texemarrs.com>
Unintelligable Name

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2009, 06:27:31 PM »

Looking at that I + L + Y picture again in reality it is only I + L.

Y plays no part other than to muck it up.

God that vampire woman is ugly....
Unintelligable Name

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2009, 07:16:55 PM »

Bush just can't help himself.

Gasp!

Why did those damn ASL people have to confuse the matter for us....

Unintelligable Name

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2009, 07:18:49 PM »

Someone clearly is drinking the fluoridated water.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqU3pj1S-0w&feature=related
Brocke
Global Moderator

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2009, 07:20:04 PM »

"By the age of seven she had invented over 60 different signs by which she could talk to her family. If she wanted bread for example, she would pretend to cut a loaf and butter the slices. If she wanted ice cream she wrapped her arms around herself and pretended to shiver"
http://www.aph.org/hall_fame/bios/keller.html

I'm still looking for a reference that says she invented the I Love You/Cornut, I've had no luck yet...

Personally I can't even imagine where Marrs came up with the information that Keller invented all of sign language, as it seems he would be saying. Out of a hat I would imagine.
http://www.aph.org/hall_fame/bios/keller.html

Giving Marrs the benefit of the doubt it is most likely a type-o. I can't see anyone knowingly allowing that to be published because it discredits his argument that the I Love You sign and the Devil's Horns are linked.

~Aldous Huxley
BlackFeather

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2009, 09:02:12 AM »

After working with children who invent their own sign langauge symbols because they have a trach in and can't talk--Helen's signs could have just come from the top of her head as something she would remember and be familiar.  To attribute one hand sign from her to satanism is ridiculous.  Yes, now that hand sign has become culturally significant as "I Love You".  However, has anyone remembered that one of the points of satanism that targets religions is to have things mean the opposite or corrupt the actual meaning?  Two examples--the pentacle turned upside-down becomes a pentagram.  The cross (seen in nearly every culture) is targeted in Christianity in particular to be distinctive and upside-down.

So you guys are blaming individual people for something that could be coincidence or a religion deciding to use something.
Unintelligable Name

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2009, 11:52:03 PM »

So you guys are blaming individual people for something that could be coincidence or a religion deciding to use something.

No.

We are investigating it. Once we are done with that, we will point the blame stick around.

On the subject of coincidences, are you speaking in specific to the "I Love You" ASL sign or the Mano Cornuta? If you are speaking of the later it woud be naive to call that coincidence.
BlackFeather

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2009, 08:23:08 AM »

Is there explicit documentation to support that the "I love you" sign was created from 'evil occult symbols' or was it used as a quick slang way to combine three letters without having to hand spell everything out?  It is something with a universal meaning despite regional dialects (and yes there are dialects in sign language).   Some letters are easily combined as a form of recognizable shorthand.   There is shorthand in other areas such as medical writing.  There is slang (or shorthand) in spoken language. 

Unlike writing where you can pretty much take a pen and create any shape or form, the hand has limited (although a beautiful) range of movement.   Symbols made with the hand are eventually going to mimic symbols used with the hand from other areas.  Just because a hand symbol is used to mean one thing does not mean it has the same meaning somewhere else.  People learn what is simple and easy to recognize first--especially when it comes to learning a language. 
MAquino

Baron of Rachane

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2013, 05:28:09 PM »

Hand symbols - I love you | Shaka | Corna - know the difference

I love you
This American Sign Language allophone is derived from a combination of three handshapes: I, L, and Y.

Shaka
Originating in Hawaii, local lore credits the gesture to an all-clear signal given by a sugar train guard who had lost his middle fingers in an industrial accident. Given various meanings, such as "all right", "cool" or "smooth", outside Hawaii it is often described as meaning "hang loose." If the thumb is held to the ear it is a request to be called on the telephone, if held to the mouth it implies drunkenness.
Corna
A vulger gesture in Mediterranean countries, often denoting infidelity, the "devil sign", mano cornuta or horned hand, is also used humourously when taking photographs, similar to the North American "rabbit ears" gesture held behind someone's head. Inspired by Anton LaVey and used by satanists, it's use in the heavy metel music subculture has evolved into a general youthful sign for "rock on" or "party down" and is termed a visel. Among its many meanings, several American universities have innocently adopted it as a sign of support for their athletic teams. When displayed with the palm facing inward it can denote the Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc.

This is it, really. In the 1966-75 Church of Satan, the "Sign of the Horns" (as it was called) (=the third illustration here) was used in rituals for the opening and closing Invocations. It was not used non-ritually, unless for fun, and did not have the European "cuckold" meaning. It was customarily done with the thumb over the middle and ring fingers, though this was not an "issue", so if someone left his thumb extended, it was not going to cause the ritual to implode.

The Church had no connection with any sports teams, or for that matter any other institution which independently used this hand sign. It was popularly associated with Satanism from the 1960s onward because of the Church, of course, which explains its use by "Devil"-themed rock bands: Black Sabbath, Mötley Crüe, et al. By the mid-80s they were starting to come under some management heat for the "Satan" business, which is MC changed its second album and theme song from "Shout With the Devil" to "-at-", and the inverse pentagrams gave way to clown suits. There were a few holdouts, like Marilyn Manson; your guess is as good as mine. Roll Eyes

Michael A. Aquino, Ph.D.
Lt. Colonel, PSYOP, USA-Ret.
Libertarian Perspective

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2013, 07:31:54 AM »

Is there explicit documentation to support that the "I love you" sign was created from 'evil occult symbols' or was it used as a quick slang way to combine three letters without having to hand spell everything out?  It is something with a universal meaning despite regional dialects (and yes there are dialects in sign language).   

The Hand sign which is attributed to a devil sign actually comes from ancient Hindus Mudras which are beneficial. The Illuminati stole the signal and of course are using it for their nefarious purposes. When they use it, it symbolizes their pity and arrogance over man as if to brag: we control you, we are using this ancient power and you don't realise this.

To suggest that the sign itself is evil is quite ludicrous. Same for the A-OK sign, people on this forum call the triple 6 hand sign. That is probably one of the most common Mudras and it signifies peace, prosperity and you can see thousands of people in photographs doing this sign and it doesn't mean that they are with the Illuminati or worshiping the Devil.

“Good luck to him. I don’t blame him at all, but I just
wish he had not hit me so hard. I know he had to protect
his property, and I probably would have done the
same thing in his position. This has certainly stopped
me committing any more crime.” - British burglar elaborating robbery
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: