Education Reform!

Author Topic: Education Reform!  (Read 78824 times)

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
  • 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB! www.911truth.org
Public Schools Are Preparing America’s Children For Life In A Police State
« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2014, 09:30:39 AM »
http://www.prisonplanet.com/public-schools-are-preparing-americas-children-for-life-in-a-police-state.html

Michael Snyder
American Dream
February 18, 2014

Image:Campus Police (Wikimedia Commons).

Our children are the future of America, and our public schools are systematically training them to become accustomed to living in a “Big Brother” police state.  All across the United States today, public schools have essentially become “prison grids” that are run by control freaks that are absolutely obsessed with micromanaging the lives of their students down to the smallest detail.

As you will read about below, students all over the country are now being monitored by RFID microchips, their lunches are being inspected on a daily basis by school administrators, and the social media accounts of students are being constantly monitored even when they are at home.  Of course these sorts of things do not happen everywhere just yet, but on the path that we are on it is just a matter of time.  At this point, many of our public schools very closely resemble “totalitarian dictatorships”, and so if the United States ever slips into totalitarianism the students of today will actually feel very comfortable under that political system.

I went to public schools all my life, so I have experience in this area.  Sadly, things have gone downhill quite a bit since those days.  For example, one thing that was unheard of back when I was in high school was “active shooter drills”.  They are being held in school districts all over the nation today, and they often involve the firing of blanks and the use of fake blood.  The following is from a recent NBC News about these drills…

[Continued...]
"Abolish all taxation save that upon land values." -- Henry George

"If our nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill." -- Thomas Edison

http://schalkenbach.org
http://www.monetary.org
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=203330.0

Offline iamc2

http://www.prisonplanet.com/public-schools-are-preparing-americas-children-for-life-in-a-police-state.html

Michael Snyder
American Dream
February 18, 2014

Image:Campus Police (Wikimedia Commons).

Our children are the future of America, and our public schools are systematically training them to become accustomed to living in a “Big Brother” police state.  All across the United States today, public schools have essentially become “prison grids” that are run by control freaks that are absolutely obsessed with micromanaging the lives of their students down to the smallest detail.

As you will read about below, students all over the country are now being monitored by RFID microchips, their lunches are being inspected on a daily basis by school administrators, and the social media accounts of students are being constantly monitored even when they are at home.  Of course these sorts of things do not happen everywhere just yet, but on the path that we are on it is just a matter of time.  At this point, many of our public schools very closely resemble “totalitarian dictatorships”, and so if the United States ever slips into totalitarianism the students of today will actually feel very comfortable under that political system.

I went to public schools all my life, so I have experience in this area.  Sadly, things have gone downhill quite a bit since those days.  For example, one thing that was unheard of back when I was in high school was “active shooter drills”.  They are being held in school districts all over the nation today, and they often involve the firing of blanks and the use of fake blood.  The following is from a recent NBC News about these drills…

[Continued...]
Back in the 80's and 90's when my son and daughter were in the Brainwashing program: the police programing was just getting started and now is in Full Roll out operation!

I pray more young parents start to home school; this may be our Nations last chance to bring Real Education to our youth.

I myself was an avid school skipper back in the day; and I am glad I skipped all the time from their Nazi Brainwashing Prisons.
"When the Truth was murdered:
Common Sense ran away..."

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
Sex And The Public Schools
« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2014, 10:19:59 AM »
http://www.prisonplanet.com/sex-and-the-public-schools.html

Michael Snyder
American Dream
February 25, 2014

You are going to have a hard time believing some of the stuff that you are about to read.  Children in America are being sexualized at younger and younger ages these days, and our public schools play a major role in that.  As you will see below, even kindergarten students are getting naked and trying to have sex with each other in our schools.

So where in the world are these kids learning to do this?  Well, it certainly does not help that there is more sex on television and in our movies than ever before.  And it certainly does not help that some of the biggest pop stars on the planet such as Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry are blatantly using sex to sell records to their young fans.  But we can’t place all of the blame on entertainment.  Without a doubt, our schools are playing a major role in sexualizing our children, and most parents have very little understanding about what is actually happening.

As I mentioned above, kindergarten students are actually getting naked and are trying to have “sex” with one another.  That sounds absolutely crazy, but it is true.  In fact, a case that made national headlines recently happened in New Jersey

Kelly Mascio, 43, is facing termination in connection with the incident late last year at Mullica Township Elementary School in southern New Jersey. Mascio, who has taught for more than 15 years, is suspended with pay while a disciplinary process continues.

As detailed in a Mullica Township Police Department report, two of Macsio’s students–both five-years-old–went into an in-classroom bathroom and removed their clothes. When Mascio, pictured at right, subsequently discovered the children–a boy and a girl–they told her they were “having sex,” cops noted.

This is a sign of a very, very sick society.

So where did those poor little children get such a twisted idea?

It could have potentially come from a lot of places, but it certainly does not help that some public school systems are actually teaching kindergarten students about sex.  For example, in Chicago public schools kindergarten teachers are now required to set aside 30 minutes a month for sex education.

Does that trouble you?

It should.

When our kids get a little older, there seems to be very little that is off-limits in their sex education classes.  One father in Kansas recently discovered this the hard way

[Continued...]

"If our nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill." -- Thomas Edison

Offline Jacob Law

• Its the Law, face it!
Re: Education Reform!
« Reply #83 on: February 25, 2014, 10:39:43 AM »
Next we will have to get a Gov. certification to help our children do their homework

Don't give them any ideas!
What do you under-stand?

Offline BlackRoses

Re: Sex And The Public Schools
« Reply #84 on: February 25, 2014, 08:23:55 PM »
http://www.prisonplanet.com/sex-and-the-public-schools.html

Michael Snyder
American Dream
February 25, 2014

You are going to have a hard time believing some of the stuff that you are about to read.  Children in America are being sexualized at younger and younger ages these days, and our public schools play a major role in that.  As you will see below, even kindergarten students are getting naked and trying to have sex with each other in our schools.

So where in the world are these kids learning to do this?  Well, it certainly does not help that there is more sex on television and in our movies than ever before.  And it certainly does not help that some of the biggest pop stars on the planet such as Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry are blatantly using sex to sell records to their young fans.  But we can’t place all of the blame on entertainment.  Without a doubt, our schools are playing a major role in sexualizing our children, and most parents have very little understanding about what is actually happening.

As I mentioned above, kindergarten students are actually getting naked and are trying to have “sex” with one another.  That sounds absolutely crazy, but it is true.  In fact, a case that made national headlines recently happened in New Jersey

Kelly Mascio, 43, is facing termination in connection with the incident late last year at Mullica Township Elementary School in southern New Jersey. Mascio, who has taught for more than 15 years, is suspended with pay while a disciplinary process continues.

As detailed in a Mullica Township Police Department report, two of Macsio’s students–both five-years-old–went into an in-classroom bathroom and removed their clothes. When Mascio, pictured at right, subsequently discovered the children–a boy and a girl–they told her they were “having sex,” cops noted.

This is a sign of a very, very sick society.

So where did those poor little children get such a twisted idea?

It could have potentially come from a lot of places, but it certainly does not help that some public school systems are actually teaching kindergarten students about sex.  For example, in Chicago public schools kindergarten teachers are now required to set aside 30 minutes a month for sex education.

Does that trouble you?

It should.

When our kids get a little older, there seems to be very little that is off-limits in their sex education classes.  One father in Kansas recently discovered this the hard way

[Continued...]

Good grief! Meanwhile my 5 year old self was probably too concerned thinking about Winnie the Pooh or something like that. I might be brainfarting here but I don't remember sex ed in my younger classes. I think that was something that hit when I was in 6th grade. And I honestly want to say it was optional at the time. If your parents didn't want you taking the class, they wouldn't force you to take the class. They'd find you something else to do.

It's hard to separate myself from this stuff. I knew I could watch something or a celebrity and know I didn't have to repeat what they were doing. But a lot of people aren't like that, I suppose. Maybe you'll get something harmless and see people copying the clothing style or hair style from certain celebs, shows, movies. This *hit is coming from somewhere anyway. It's clear a lot of things have changed. Remember the controversy Elvis had with his dancing when he first started out? They wouldn't show him below the waist. Remember the controversy Britney Spears had during a few of her performances? VMA snake, the VMA nude color outfit (still fully clothed and covered up btw), the Madonna kiss...it all seems like nothing compared to what flies in today's times. And I imagine whoever is around in 2020 will probably make what Miley and Katy do seem like nothing as well. Scary, huh?

Edit: Copied from the article that Geo posted: "Students would often have sex on the stairs & throughout the school." Stuff like this makes me feel even more of a goody two shoes than I was/am already.

"Students told us that some kids are having sex in school bathrooms and hallways — even in classrooms." It was a nightmare for me even getting to the bathrooms when I reached high school. Smoking was the big problem at that time period. You'd be lucky to get in a stall because people would be in there smoking instead of doing anything else. All of the bathrooms would be locked while class was in session, you'd have to go to the one bathroom that was open all the time in order to use the toilet. It was just *ucking ridiculous any which way you looked at it. 

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
Logic and illogic in education
« Reply #85 on: June 09, 2014, 11:08:45 AM »
http://www.prisonplanet.com/logic-and-illogic-in-education.html

Logic and illogic in education

Jon Rappoport
Prison Planet.com
June 9, 2014

In two of my collections, The Matrix Revealed and Power Outside The Matrix, I include training in the art of logic and critical analysis.

The basic fact is: students in schools are rarely taught how to follow a line of reasoning from beginning to end. Nor do they practice analyzing half-formed, specious reasoning.

Who teaches young students, these days, how to distinguish between a polemic and a formal argument?

Teachers spend little or no time discussing hidden premises or assumptions, which color subsequent arguments.

Increasingly, people are “learning” from watching videos. Some videos are well done; many others intentionally omit vital data and make inferences based on “shocking images.”

A focused study of logic can illuminate a range of subjects and disciplines. It can suddenly bring perspective to fields of inquiry that were formerly mysterious and impenetrable.

Logic is the parent of knowledge. It contains the principles and methods common to all investigation.

Being able to spot and understand logical flaws and fallacies embedded in an article, essay, book immediately lifts the intelligence level.

Logic isn’t a prison; one isn’t forced to obey its rules. But the ability to deploy it, versus not understanding what it is, is like the difference between randomly hammering at a keyboard and typing coherent paragraphs. It’s the difference between, “I agree with what he’s writing,” and “I know exactly how he’s making his argument.”

In the West, the tradition of logic was codified by Aristotle. Before him, Plato, in the Socratic Dialogues, employed it to confound Socrates’ opponents.

Reading the Dialogues today, one can see, transparently, where Plato’s Socrates made questionable assumptions, which he then successfully foisted on those opponents. It’s quite instructive to go back and chart Socrates’ clever steps. You see logic and illogic at work.

High schools today don’t teach logic for two reasons. The teachers don’t understand the subject, and logic as a separate discipline has been deleted because students, armed with it, would become authentically independent. The goal of education rejects independent minds, despite assurances to the contrary.

Logic and critical analysis should be taught in phases, with each phase encompassing more complex passages of text offered for scrutiny.

Eventually, students would delve into thorny circumstantial arguments, which make up a great deal of modern investigation and research, and which need to be assessed on the basis of degrees of probable validity and truth.

It’s like a climbing a mountain. The lower paths are relatively easy, if the map is clear. At higher elevation, more elements come into play, and a greater degree of skill and experience is required.

My college logic teacher introduced his subject to the class this way: Once you’ve finished this semester, you’ll know when you know, and you’ll know when you don’t know.

The second part of his statement has great value. It enables real research beyond egotistical concerns, beyond self-serving presumptions, beyond secretly assuming what you’re pretending to prove.

We certainly don’t live in an age of reason; far from it. Therefore, the greater need to learn logic. Among other benefits, it centers the thinking process.

In a landscape of controversy, babble, bluster, public relations, covert propaganda, and outright lying, one has a dependable compass.

For instance, understanding the scientific method (hypothesis-prediction) would go a long way toward untangling some of the outrageous claims of science, and separating them from the political agendas they serve.

Beginning in ancient Greece, coming up through the Middle Ages, and into the 19th century, logic was one aspect of education called the Trivium (“the three”): in sequence, a student learned grammar, then logic, then rhetoric.

Except in scattered places, where people have consciously instituted a revival of the Trivium, that integrated method of teaching is gone now.

Instead, in primary and middle schools, we have superficial coasting through many academic subjects, lacking the necessary exercises and drills to ensure that students absorb material. In other words, we have imposed ADHD.

Logic isn’t the end-all and be-all of life. It doesn’t define what life is. It’s a tool. You either have it or you don’t. You can use it or you can’t. When you can, you have more power, and whole new vistas, previously unseen, open up to you.

This post originally appeared at www.nomorefakenews.com

Offline iamc2

« Reply #86 on: June 09, 2014, 11:53:14 AM »
When will the young parents stop sending their children into the Nazi Brainwashing system/ Soon I PRAY!

All education in this nation is BRAIN WASHING!

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
The Dumbing Down of America – By Design
« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2014, 09:17:24 AM »
http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-dumbing-down-of-america-by-design/5395928

The Dumbing Down of America – By Design

By Joachim Hagopian
Global Research
August 14, 2014

This presentation focuses on the myriad ways in which the powers-that-be in the United States have been systematically dumbing down Americans as a society for a very long time – all by meticulously calculated design. Originally the term dumbing down was used as a slang expression in 1933 by film screenwriters to mean “revising [the script] so as to appeal to those of lower education or intelligence.”

The most obvious example of how Americans have been dumbed down is through this nation’s failed public education system. At one time not that long ago America reigned supreme as a leading model for the rest of the world providing the best quality free public K-12 education system on the planet. But over the last many decades while much of the rest of the world has been passing us by, it seems an insidious federal agenda has been implemented to condition and brainwash a population of mindless, robotic citizenry that simply does what it’s told, and of course the brainwashing commences early in America’s schools.

But prior to delving into the many ways we’ve been duped and dumbed down through the years, a cold hard look at the devastating result seems very much in order here. With doom and gloom warnings of impending collapse, the US economy is floundering still mired in recession, emaciated and cut off from life support, as a consequence of waging too many wars around the world (be they the longest running costly defeats in US history or the fast rising dirty little Special Ops wars secretly raging on every corner of the globe or Obama’s personal favorite, state sponsored terrorism from drone-filled skies). As a pawn to the military industrial complex, the US government has chosen permanent war over its own people. This treasonous decision has decimated the middle class and created a college educated indentured class struggling in heavy debt to find any means to stay afloat. With an outsourced, now vanished manufacturing base, upward mobility and the American dream have become tragic casualties of modern life, now a sad, nostalgic bygone reminder of the once greatness of America.

With the US the biggest debtor nation on earth, Americans are drowning in debt as hopelessly trapped collateral damage from a rapidly sinking, overextended Empire desperate to remain the sole global superpower even if it means death to the whole human race. At home the hapless American population has become increasingly the victim of its own government’s tyranny and oppression under the constant roving eyeball of criminal surveillance and a brutal militarized security state, leaving its citizens defenseless without any security, liberty, freedom or place to hide. After centuries of carefully orchestrated design, oligarchs of the banking cabal have finally gotten what they’ve been plotting and scheming, globally enforced austerity and impoverishment reducing life in America and around the world to near Third World status, and absolute control. The oligarchs are counting on a dumbed down population too busy addicted to their video games or watching sports or Kim Kardashian’s latest wardrobe malfunction to even notice that a longtime oligarch eugenics plan is already well underway.

But this dismal outcome has long been in the making on many fronts. Over numerous decades a grand experiment engaging in social engineering with America’s youth has been steadily working to homogenize a lowest common denominator product of sub par mediocrity, creating generations of young Americans who can neither read nor write, nor think for themselves in any critical manner. According to a study last year by the US Department of Education, 19% of US high school graduates cannot read, 21% of adults read below 5th grade level and that these alarming rates have not changed in the last ten years.

The international test results from the 2012 PISA indicate American students are lagging behind virtually all developed nations even more than in the past. China topped all 65 nations while US teenagers again scored at or below average in math, reading and science. That is because the current educational system is no longer about learning the basic A-B-C’s but simply cranking out a subclass of work force laborers. This tragic fall from grace of America’s once great educational system has education researcher Cynthia Weatherly referring to America’s current education system as “limited learning for lifelong labor.”

But this planned system of a New World Order (NOW) featuring a planned global economy and a planned global education system has been promoted for well over a century. The Carnegie Foundation outlined its explicit roadmap for absolute oligarch control way back in the 1930’s. Department of Education whistleblower Charlotte Iserbyt exposes the conspired downfall of America’s educational system in her well documented chronicle The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America.

It turns out that America’s “father of modern education” John Dewey, an unabashed admirer of Stalin and his educational system, proclaimed his NWO agenda in 1947:

“… establishment of a genuine world order, an order in which national sovereignty is subordinate to world authority…”

As the first elected UNESCO Director-General British Professor Julian Huxley (brother of Brave New World’s Aldous), in 1949 had the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization pumping out pamphlets expounding the importance that children be educated devoid of any national allegiance, patriotism or family loyalties identified as the biggest barriers to their demonic ambitions:

“As long as the child breathes the poisoned air of nationalism, education in world-mindedness can only produce precarious results.”

Based on my personal experience working with America’s broken child welfare system, several weeks ago I wrote an article on the current child welfare system’s assault on the modern American family. That assault is but part of a wider, across-the-boards assault by the entire US government. The federalist fascists in Washington have been busily mounting an assault on the American family through the state run public education system as well. Like the separation of church and state, the Constitution explicitly calls for specific delineation between the federal government to stay out of the business of education, traditionally leaving it within the sovereignty of the states and local communities to govern. However, just as the US Constitution has been under assault, Washington is now unlawfully dictating mandates to the 1600 US school districts that they must comply with in order to avoid the cutoff of federal dollars. Thus, local school districts throughout this nation are presently under a subversive assault from the long arm of our authoritarian totalitarian government.

As with all of America’s most powerful institutions, privatization has reared its ugly head in public education as well. Second only to the Department of Defense in its annual budget, more US taxpayer dollars are funneled into the Department of Education than any other public sector. The discretionary budget for Education as of 2015 is $68.6 billion. And these days most of those dollars are being squandered to bankroll the privatization of an already failed educational system. Through privately run charter schools and federally mandated programs like Common Core, control has been snatched away from parents, teachers and elected local school boards.

In the Orwellian double speak deception of “school choice,” public tax funded privatized programs like Common Core have been sold as answering the need for higher educational standards. Should a school district accept even $1 from the federal government, it automatically relinquishes control to the feds, thus providing no choice to the locals. With 43 out of the 50 states already signed up for Common Core, public education run by local communities and states is clearly under siege. The federal agenda is to abolish local run school boards, abandon the letter grade system of A through F’s and seize control over the curriculum. Concealed in the fine print is the not so thinly veiled Trojan Horse promoting that same New World Order that Dewey and Huxley were driving at nearly seven decades earlier. Like it or not, even the nation’s home schoolers, private schools and students in the seven states not adopting Common Core are being impacted as textbook companies have rushed to align their books according to the dogma of the Common Core standards.

[Continued...]

Offline iamc2

« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2014, 06:43:11 PM »
 This BS of Public education is Going to continue: Until Young Parents Take their children out of the Nazi Brainwashing Program!

THIS IS THE ONLY ANSWER!

HOME SCHOOL YOUR CHILDREN!

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
Survey Shows Only A Third Of Americans Can Name All Three Branches Of Government
« Reply #89 on: September 19, 2014, 07:26:12 PM »
http://www.prisonplanet.com/survey-shows-only-a-third-of-americans-can-name-all-three-branches-of-government.html

Survey Shows Only A Third Of Americans Can Name All Three Branches Of Government

Never mind, the new iPhone will tell us

Steve Watson
Prisonplanet.com
September 19, 2014

A newly released survey reveals that only just over a third of Americans are able to name the three branches of their government, while another third are unable to even name one branch at all.

The survey, conducted by Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania, was released to coincide with Constitution Day this week. Sadly it revealed that relatively few Americans know anything about the separation of powers within government.

Little more than one third of respondents, 36 percent, were able to name all three branches of the U.S. government – the Executive, the Legislative and the Judicial. The same amount of Americans, 35 percent, were incapable of naming a single one.

The results also highlighted the fact that few Americans even know who is in control of their country.

When they were asked which party has the most members in the House of Representatives, only 38 percent correctly said the Republicans currently have the majority. A whopping 17 percent believe that the Democrats currently control the House. Even more depressingly, 44 percent responded that they have no clue as to who is in charge of the House. That figure is up from 27 percent on findings from 2011.

Moving to the Senate, again only 38 percent answered correctly by saying the Democrats currently have a majority. Even more got the answer wrong this time, as 20 percent said they believe the Republicans currently control the Senate. Most Americans, 42 percent do not know who controls the Senate, again up from 27 percent who said they did not know in 2011.

Given that Americans don’t know who is in charge of their government, why should they know or care about the processes of government?

[Continued...]

Offline decemberfellow

« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2014, 07:47:57 PM »
This BS of Public education is Going to continue: Until Young Parents Take their children out of the Nazi Brainwashing Program!

THIS IS THE ONLY ANSWER!

HOME SCHOOL YOUR CHILDREN!

BINGO    Kruchev (spelling )  said in the early 60's late 50's  "we will bury you"  I heard my dad say" the s o b
 is going to kill this country through the kids schools".
Rev21:4
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Who am I
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7Fk6dt_uHo

Offline jerryweaver

« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2014, 08:43:34 PM »
It is just as bad in other countries.  The outrage is that we pay more for the privilege of being certified insane.

Offline mallihamalliha

« Reply #92 on: September 25, 2014, 02:34:41 AM »
 I know it does not mean walking in the park for the working breaking on the job, and most likely the Mom is working also to make ends food. The last thing on their agenda after coming home is sitting down with their kids and spending time teaching them to write and do simple math with paper and pencil..............................
Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Arts

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
Nebraska Schools Ban Term ‘Boys And Girls’
« Reply #93 on: October 08, 2014, 11:29:39 AM »
http://www.prisonplanet.com/nebraska-schools-ban-term-boys-and-girls-trains-teachers-to-avoid-gendered-expressions.html

Nebraska Schools Ban Term ‘Boys And Girls’, Train Teachers To Avoid ‘Gendered Expressions’

Weird internal documents promote “metrosexuality” and ‘gender spectrum’; refer to ‘genderbread person’ instead of ‘gingerbread man’

Steve Watson
Prisonplanet.com
October 8, 2014

In what is possibly one of the most unsettling examples of political correctness, schools in Lincoln Nebraska are training teachers to completely disavow gender, and avoid referring to pupils as ‘boys and girls’.

Liberty minded Independent news website Nebraska Watchdog uncovered the documents. In one handout, entitled “12 easy steps on the way to gender inclusiveness” teachers are advised to “Avoid asking kids to line up as boys or girls or separating them by gender.”

“Instead, use things like ‘odd and even birth date,’ or ‘Which would you choose: skateboards or bikes/milk or juice/dogs or cats/summer or winter/talking or listening.’ … Always ask yourself, ’Will this configuration create a gendered space?’” the material states.

“Don’t use phrases such as ‘boys & girls,’ ‘you guys,’ ‘ladies and gentlemen,’ and similarly gendered expressions to get kids’ attention,” it continues, before providing further utterly ludicrous suggestions such as ‘campers,’ ‘readers,’ athletes’ or even ‘purple penguins’.

The material then gets downright weird, stating “Provide an opportunity for every student to identify a preferred name or pronoun. … When you find it necessary to reference gender, say ‘Boy, girl, both or neither.’”

In wording that wouldn’t look out of place in Aldous Huxley’s fictional dystopia Brave New World, the material even tells teachers how to respond if and when children question why they should avoid terms that identify gender.

“When asked why, use this as a teachable moment. Emphasize to students that your classroom recognizes and celebrates the gender diversity of all students.” the material urges.

The documents use material from a website called itspronouncedmetrosexual.com, a self described “comedy show and online resource about snap judgments, identity, and oppression.”

While on the surface it appears to promote gender equality, it doesn’t take much digging to discover that in reality the site promotes ‘gender neutrality’ – a bizarre politically correct concept that asserts there are no differences at all between male and female human beings.

In an info-graphic, produced by the website and used by Lincoln schools, a traditional ‘Gingerbread man’ is replaced with a ‘Genderbread person’.

[Continued...]

Offline BlackRoses

Re: Nebraska Schools Ban Term ‘Boys And Girls’
« Reply #94 on: October 08, 2014, 08:13:11 PM »
http://www.prisonplanet.com/nebraska-schools-ban-term-boys-and-girls-trains-teachers-to-avoid-gendered-expressions.html

Nebraska Schools Ban Term ‘Boys And Girls’, Train Teachers To Avoid ‘Gendered Expressions’

Weird internal documents promote “metrosexuality” and ‘gender spectrum’; refer to ‘genderbread person’ instead of ‘gingerbread man’

Steve Watson
Prisonplanet.com
October 8, 2014

In what is possibly one of the most unsettling examples of political correctness, schools in Lincoln Nebraska are training teachers to completely disavow gender, and avoid referring to pupils as ‘boys and girls’.

Liberty minded Independent news website Nebraska Watchdog uncovered the documents. In one handout, entitled “12 easy steps on the way to gender inclusiveness” teachers are advised to “Avoid asking kids to line up as boys or girls or separating them by gender.”

“Instead, use things like ‘odd and even birth date,’ or ‘Which would you choose: skateboards or bikes/milk or juice/dogs or cats/summer or winter/talking or listening.’ … Always ask yourself, ’Will this configuration create a gendered space?’” the material states.

“Don’t use phrases such as ‘boys & girls,’ ‘you guys,’ ‘ladies and gentlemen,’ and similarly gendered expressions to get kids’ attention,” it continues, before providing further utterly ludicrous suggestions such as ‘campers,’ ‘readers,’ athletes’ or even ‘purple penguins’.

The material then gets downright weird, stating “Provide an opportunity for every student to identify a preferred name or pronoun. … When you find it necessary to reference gender, say ‘Boy, girl, both or neither.’”

In wording that wouldn’t look out of place in Aldous Huxley’s fictional dystopia Brave New World, the material even tells teachers how to respond if and when children question why they should avoid terms that identify gender.

“When asked why, use this as a teachable moment. Emphasize to students that your classroom recognizes and celebrates the gender diversity of all students.” the material urges.

The documents use material from a website called itspronouncedmetrosexual.com, a self described “comedy show and online resource about snap judgments, identity, and oppression.”

While on the surface it appears to promote gender equality, it doesn’t take much digging to discover that in reality the site promotes ‘gender neutrality’ – a bizarre politically correct concept that asserts there are no differences at all between male and female human beings.

In an info-graphic, produced by the website and used by Lincoln schools, a traditional ‘Gingerbread man’ is replaced with a ‘Genderbread person’.

[Continued...]

Oh brother. I'll be honest and say I really do consider myself a tolerant person but some of this *hit is just straight up ridiculous. Goes in the line of the schools that come up with a bunch of other nonsense things to describe your gender. I'm not a he or a she...I'm a Xe.  :o

Offline decemberfellow

« Reply #95 on: October 08, 2014, 08:34:49 PM »

Its time for the parents  to develope some balls (pun intended)  STAND UP now or the kids are screwed. 
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Who am I

Offline decemberfellow

« Reply #96 on: October 08, 2014, 09:54:01 PM »
^^^^^ teachers should be ashamed if they allow this.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Who am I

Offline BlackRoses

« Reply #97 on: October 08, 2014, 10:21:13 PM »
^^^^^ teachers should be ashamed if they allow this.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Unfortunately I'm afraid the majority will be swayed by money. I need a paycheck so I'll do whatever I'm told. If you tell me to bring a cat to school and dress him up like a ballerina and tell the class this is a dog wearing a pair of pants, I'll do it. And if little Susie wants to be a he on Mondays, a she on Tuesdays, a Xe on Wednesdays, a Xum on Thursdays and a Ut on Fridays, I'll do it and recognize it. Very few will stand up against this or even remove themselves from the system. They got people stuck between a rock and a hard place. jmo

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
Education programming 101: destroy logic
« Reply #98 on: December 05, 2014, 05:52:58 PM »
http://www.prisonplanet.com/education-programming-101-destroy-logic.html

Education programming 101: destroy logic

Jon Rappoport
Prison planet.com
December 4, 2014

Once upon a time, in medieval universities, new students enrolled in the Trivium. It was the foundation curriculum. It was required. Its parts were: grammar, logic, and rhetoric.

Grammar: the interior construction of language.

Logic: the valid and invalid connections in the course of a formal argument; the method of proper reasoning; the deductive links in a chain, at the end of which appears a conclusion.

Rhetoric: oral and written presentation; the use of language to make a case; the capacity to persuade, even in the face of counter-argument.

Today, the subject matter of the Trivium is not only downplayed. It has been shattered.
This article focuses on the death of logic in schools.

When the intensive handling of ideas is seen as a laughable goal for education, indoctrination is plugged in as the only alternative.

The mind of the student shifts from being an active force to being a container.

The destruction of logic perverts rational thought at its core and inserts ideology masked as insight.

The actual meaning of an idea is firmly placed on the back burner. Instead? Praise or attack the people who forward ideas.

This strategy has gained great prominence.

“The revered Founders of the Republic? Shysters, con men, slaveholders, monopolists who saw rebellion from England as the way to win greater power for themselves, at the expense of everyone else living on American soil.”

Therefore, the argument continues, and this is crucial, the Founders’ IDEAS, as expressed in the Declaration and the Constitution, were rotten to the core. The ideas can be dismissed out of hand as coming from “a bad source.”

Ideas no longer need to be judged on their sense, merit, and alignment with basic principles. Nor are they judged by their position in a well-formed argument. All that is out. Now, you only have to “look to the source” and make ALL your decisions based on “who these people really were who expressed the ideas.”

And since that’s the case, learning to think or reason is unnecessary.

In logic, this used to be called the fallacious ad hominem argument. Now it’s not called anything. It’s praised as the insightful way to do intellectual business.

One by one, core ideas fall to the ax, and finally they cease to exist at all.

(To argue that very bad people have taken over an idea, and therefore the idea itself was never good, is like arguing that, since hijackers took over a plane, the plane was a despicable object altogether and probably deserved to be stolen or blown up.)

You might be surprised by the number of people who believe that the value of an idea depends entirely on who expressed the idea. If the wrong person first expressed it, it was never worthy.

Students with a vast sense of self-entitlement and meaningless self-esteem love this strategy. It allows them to parade around and call the shots and decide which ideas are important and which aren’t, without reflection. They have a scorecard of good guys and bad guys and that’s all they need.

In our teaching institutions, you could look in vain to find courses on the individual, his freedom, his power. That’s gone. It’s no accident that serious training in logic is also gone. And by serious, I mean the application of logic to formal arguments on issues that determine our future.

In many cases, instead, education is about: what group do you belong to? What are the needs of that group? Who is oppressing your group? How can you get government to solve the problem?

If you can educate the young to make snap judgments about core ideas, you eliminate their capacity to reason. You own them.

From that point on, they hold a hostile attitude toward anyone who can discuss and analyze ideas. They look at such people as an entitled and privileged class who is speaking a foreign language.

In order to engage in meaningful debate, people have to be able to recognize a train of thought and follow it. If they can’t, because they were educated not to, where are we? We’re in the dark. We’re living by slogans.

[Continued...]

Offline One Revelator

« Reply #99 on: December 05, 2014, 07:59:14 PM »
Now I know where the herd or mob mentality comes from. It was taught. And if people are taught to think that way, then ad hominem actually works. Slogans work too. That’s why advertising jingles and slogans stay stuck in the mind for years after the fact. The imbedded slogan becomes a “truth” or basis for reason. Kind of scary. But Idiocracy nailed it with the programmed “electrolyte” response.

This was exploited in the 60’s and is why the term “conspiracy” causes brains to instantly switch off.

The Emperor’s New Clothes doesn’t seem to be part of any early curriculum anymore. But it does warn children that the crowd is not always necessarily right.

I’ve also seen this phenomenon exploited through psychological studies. They’ll pick a mark and surround the guy with stooge “participants” that intentionally answer a simple question incorrectly. Amazing how many people will knowingly say the wrong thing just to go along with the crowd.

Last I heard, Japan doesn’t penalize students for cheating off of each other. They see it as encouraging group identity. Individualism is frowned upon over there.

Good thing some people can still homeschool. It’s a terror to the control grid.
The number one cause of all human poverty, misery, and death is not global warming. It’s GLOBAL LYING.

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
The surrender to modern education: brainwashing
« Reply #100 on: January 19, 2015, 07:43:06 PM »
http://www.prisonplanet.com/the-surrender-to-modern-education-brainwashing.html

The surrender to modern education: brainwashing

“When you pile sloppy sentiment on top of what is already naturally there, you’re selling a child a grotesque counterfeit…”

Jon Rappoport
Prison Planet.com
January 19, 2015

“There is a movement to make children into social animals, but not just that. The objective is to make them good social animals, and better than good—the best and most wonderful, special, special, special social animals… and in the process, to cherish them, to profess great love for them—when love is ALREADY a given. When you pile sloppy sentiment on top of what is already naturally there, you’re selling a child a grotesque counterfeit, and he knows it. He either invents his own false sentiments, in order to have a role in the farce, or he rebels at a deep level. Either way, he’s confused. He doesn’t understand these insane overreaching adults.” (The Underground, Jon Rappoport)

It may be hard for today’s parents to believe, but millions of children in America came through the public education system in the 1940s and 50s, and learned the basics—without a shred of cheery happy rainbow goo-goo decorations and slogans on the walls of classrooms.

Learning as seduction did not exist. Learning as “get the child interested” didn’t exist.

It wasn’t important or necessary to “uplift the child.”

Audio-visual aids were entirely absent.

Nor were teachers concerned with producing little humanitarians. There was no instruction in “getting along” or “relationships.” Or “cooperation.”

No values of any kind were taught. They were learned at home and on the playground, without the presence of teachers.

Children who misbehaved to the point of disrupting the classroom were sent away. Warned, suspended, expelled. Otherwise, behaviorism didn’t exist.

Social agendas? Political agendas? Medical agendas? Psychological agendas? Sex education? Group projects? Expressing feelings? Sharing? Never heard of it.

Teachers taught their subjects. Students learned. That was the beginning and end of school.

Reading, writing, math. No grading on a curve.

There was very little nasty competition. Students wanted to achieve (or they didn’t). They knew how well they were doing by learning the material, and by test grades.

The text books were old-fashioned. Many were used, second-hand. Publishers hadn’t yet invented the scam of peddling new books with “new formulations and methods” every few years.

A text book covered a subject in obvious small increments. New concept introduced; many student exercises, designed to illustrate the concept in action. Then, next new concept, with exercises. And so on.

The teacher would explain each new concept, and show how it worked on the blackboard. The whole class would do some of the relevant exercises from the book.

The remaining exercises would be done as homework. The next day: turn in the homework for grading. Take a quiz on yesterday’s lesson. Go on to a new lesson.

The teachers managed to supervise this process without complaining that it wasn’t creative, without having a nervous breakdown.

Creativity and imagination for the students? This was launched through gaining the rock-solid ability to read a book. A student would read a novel on his own and travel to another world.

Education was simple, straightforward. Yes, it was hard work, and yes, there were deficiencies, particularly in the study of history, and in the absence of instruction in logic, but all in all it worked.

It was understood, in every classroom, that sufficient numbers of drills, exercises, and tests were necessary for learning to take place. There was no way around it.

“We need more money” wasn’t an excuse or a compliant or a justification for failure to teach.

If a student got Fs, he repeated the grade, or went to summer school to catch up. No one was graduated on the basis of mere attendance.

“Self-esteem” didn’t exist. Children weren’t “special.” They certainly weren’t “world citizens.”

Again, no one taught values. That would have been considered meddling. Brainwashing.

By the 1940s, the agenda of the Carnegie and Rockefeller Foundations had certainly taken hold. There was no instruction in the Constitution. There was no instruction in individual citizenship in a Republic. All that had been wiped out. Courses in art and music were pathetic shadows of the real thing.

Nevertheless, learning took place. Students achieved. They gained confidence. They weren’t viewed as little mind-control objects. Socialization wasn’t a goal.

In my public school, a student could choose to study Latin, beginning in the 7th grade. No one blinked or thought it was strange. It was understood that if you really wanted to understand English, you took Latin.

Then, in the 1960s, a shift occurred. It was planned. Schools (and willing parents) took on the job of teaching children to be good people. That was the prime mission. Learning was a secondary goal. After all, “saving the world” required more good people.

There was just one problem. Children didn’t want to become good people. They wanted to be what they were. They wanted to learn, play, explore, imagine. Children didn’t have a natural social agenda. They hadn’t sprung from the womb with a full-blown ideology. “Greatest good for the greatest number” wasn’t their constant companion.

That devious program (who decides what the greatest good is?) belonged to educators and parents and bureaucrats and foundations and technocrats and Globalists.

Parents were the worst offenders, because they were the closest to their children. They had the greatest impact. If they weren’t really about giving their children freedom and responsibility and power, if they were really interested in creating little living models…they wreaked havoc.

Let’s face it, it’s a dumbshow. Populated by moral tricksters. Opportunists. “How can we intervene and show children how to get along, how to be kind and generous and tolerant and blind to differences between people? How can we educate them to want a better world? How can we blunt their natural curiosity and substitute a perception of vague endless equality? How can we make them into mind-controlled angels? How can we manufacture planetary citizens? Surely, this what children want to be. They just don’t know it. So we’ll bring it out in them.”

[Continued...]

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
Handcuffs, Leg Shackles & Tasers: The New Face of Punishment in Public Schools
« Reply #101 on: January 27, 2015, 06:31:27 PM »
http://www.prisonplanet.com/handcuffs-leg-shackles-and-tasers-the-new-face-of-punishment-in-the-public-schools.html

Handcuffs, Leg Shackles and Tasers: The New Face of Punishment in the Public Schools

John W. Whitehead
Rutherford Institute
January 27, 2015

“In many parts of the country, teachers are viewed as beyond reproach, much like doctors, police officers, or clergy … and, therefore, are rarely challenged about their classroom conduct. In some cases, this means that actions that would be considered criminal if committed by a parent remain unchallenged by law enforcement if they occur in a school setting.”—Senator Tom Harkin, “Dangerous Use of Seclusion and Restraints in Schools Remains Widespread and Difficult to Remedy: A Review of Ten Cases

Roughly 1500 kids are tied up or locked down every day by school officials in the United States.

At least 500 students are locked up in some form of solitary confinement every day, whether it be a padded room, a closet or a duffel bag. In many cases, parents are rarely notified when such methods are used.

On any given day when school is in session, kids who “act up” in class are pinned facedown on the floor, locked in dark closets, tied up with straps, bungee cords and duct tape, handcuffed, leg shackled, tasered or otherwise restrained, immobilized or placed in solitary confinement in order to bring them under “control.”

In almost every case, these undeniably harsh methods are used to punish kids for simply failing to follow directions or throwing tantrums. Very rarely do the kids pose any credible danger to themselves or others.

Unbelievably, these tactics are all legal, at least when employed by school officials or school resource officers (a.k.a. police officers) in the nation’s public schools.

[Continued...]

Offline decemberfellow

« Reply #102 on: January 27, 2015, 07:11:49 PM »
^^^^^^
Unbelievably, these tactics are all legal, at least when employed by school officials or school resource officers (a.k.a. police officers) in the nation’s public schools

only because limp wristed pussy parents let em get away with it. 

Who am I

Offline iamc2

« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2015, 04:15:11 AM »
^^^^^^
only because limp wristed pussy parents let em get away with it.
How true my friend  8); and these same parents give rewards for BAD Behavior  >:(

Offline Stevie440

« Reply #104 on: January 29, 2015, 05:43:42 PM »
The ONLY way for kids to get a proper education is being home schooled, or a private school that doesn't teach government propaganda.

Right now that seems like the only option. However we need to look at the long-term perspective. UNESCO is trying the influence what is thaught globally. How can we counter this? And of course  they are being controlled.
"The flame of will power burns in all of us"

Offline iamc2

« Reply #105 on: January 30, 2015, 05:39:49 AM »
Right now that seems like the only option. However we need to look at the long-term perspective. UNESCO is trying the influence what is thaught globally. How can we counter this? And of course  they are being controlled.
Education in the USA Can Not be Fixed: Because it was created to make children FAIL!

Home Schooling is the best option and for the young parents who can not Home School; Well they had better teach GOD; Morals and Values to their children, before they send them to the Nazi Brainwashing Centers!

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
http://www.prisonplanet.com/school-threatens-to-suspend-kids-if-parents-skip-meeting-on-common-core-testing.html

School Threatens to Suspend Kids if Parents Skip Meeting on Common Core Testing

“I was like, ‘Wow, is this a joke?’ I really couldn’t believe what I was reading”

Mikael Thalen
Prison Planet.com
March 2, 2015

Students at Detroit’s Coleman A. Young Elementary School were threatened with suspension after their parents failed to attend a “mandatory” meeting on an upcoming Common Core test.

[Video clip omitted - see original article]

After the parents of multiple students missed the school’s initial meeting, teachers scheduled a follow-up and sent out letters demanding they appear or face the consequences.

Derrick and Latrica Smoak, who spoke with WDIV-TV after receiving the letter, said that they were shocked to see educators making such a threat.

“I was like, ‘Wow, is this a joke?’” Derrick said. “I really couldn’t believe what I was reading.”

The couple argued that they and other parents could not make the weekday meetings given their busy schedules with work.

“I don’t like being threatened in no letter, especially when it comes to my child’s education,” Latrica said. “The way jobs is going these days, you’re not even allowed to take off an hour or two and go up to the school just for a parent meeting.”

District officials denied approving the letters but refused to denounce them, arguing that they merely stressed the importance of the test.

“Neither the meeting nor the comments regarding ‘student suspension’ were made out of ill intent, but rather to express the level of importance of students’ progress as they prepare for the upcoming M-STEP test,” a school representative said.

The Smoaks instead suggested that the school provide parents with options as opposed to blackmail.

“I believe in options,” said Derrick. “Let’s find a date when it can actually work for the parents for the both of them, so they both can be there.”

The newly implemented Common Core Michigan Student Test of Educational Progress (M-STEP) test has already proved to be a controversial topic among parents throughout the state.

Several websites such as “Stop Common Core Michigan” have begun offering opt-out forms that students can use to protest the Common Core Curriculum.

[Continued...]

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
Common Core education: the insane bottom line
« Reply #107 on: April 05, 2015, 11:30:57 AM »
http://www.prisonplanet.com/common-core-education-the-insane-bottom-line.html

Common Core education: the insane bottom line

Jon Rappoport
Prison Planet.com
April 4, 2015

“In a tightly controlled setting, subjecting a young child to cognitive dissonance amounts to mind control.”  (The Underground, Jon Rappoport)

For the sake of my argument here, I’m putting aside the fact that public education belongs under the purview of the states and not the federal government.

This article is about how the federal government decided Common Core would succeed.

I’m not going to recite brain-numbing examples of teaching basic math to very young children, under the Common Core system. Suffice it to say, I can add 9 and 6 and come up with the right answer. And I know why 9 and 6 equals 15. I don’t need Boolean algebra or set theory or a base-10 system to understand why addition works.

The bottom line on Common Core was articulated by Diane Ravitch in her 2013 book, Reign of Error. Ravitch writes:

“…these new [Common Core] standards had never been field-tested anywhere. No one can say with certainty whether the Common Core standards will improve education, whether they will reduce or increase achievement gaps among different groups, or how much it will cost to implement them. Some scholars believe they [Common Core standards] will make no difference, and some critics say they will cost billions to implement; others say they will lead to more testing.”

In short, whatever else Common Core is, it is an experimental hypothesis. It has never been field-tested.

No one knew how well it would work when it was proposed, implemented, and accepted. No one knows now.

But…no problem. Let’s try it out on millions of American school children…and let’s pretend we’re sure, in advance, that it will be a success.

This is like saying, “Better dentistry can be achieved by pulling 14 teeth from every teenager. Let’s implement and fund this program at the federal level and bribe dentists by assuring them they’ll be reimbursed for their efforts. This is the new health-plan for teeth in America. We don’t need to do studies. We don’t need to do clinical trials. Because we desire better dentistry, we know we’ll get it. Our intentions are all the proof we need.”

The extreme irrationality of this approach to education should be taught, in schools, as a prime example of non-logic and non-application of the scientific method.

I would teach it in the eighth grade. I’m quite sure students would catch on right away:

“You mean this is how the government decided our new education would be a good thing? With no proof? Just some weird claims? Wow. How can I get out of the system?”

A group of abstract thinkers got together and decided they knew, from the top of their mountain view, that Common Core would succeed.

Well, that’s part of what “abstract” means, when you’re talking about mass programming.

No reason to test a hypothesis. Common Core is a “self-evident truth.”

How nice. For them.

Nice work if you can get it.

“Your job is to come up with an education plan that will replace the old plan. Explain it and float it on the basis that ‘uniform and across-the-board standards are always better than patchwork standards.’ People respond positively to the term ‘uniform’. Talk about failures of the old plan. You’ll be fine. Sound authoritative.”

That, in a nutshell, is Common Core.

“Well, when you have thousands of police forces in towns and cities across the land, the result is a wide variance in enforcement methods. That’s unacceptable. We need one national police force operating according to one standard plan.”

Surprisingly (or unsurprisingly), many people like that idea. They automatically assume one top-down force is better than many smaller forces. They believe “top-down” equals “fair.”

How quaint. How delightful. How trusting.

Let’s move along to the next phase of Common Core: deciding in 10 or 20 years how well it’s working.

I can’t wait for that.

On what basis will the federal assessment be written? If it’s written at all?

“College readiness” of the student seems to be the official acid test for how well Common Core works.

Which college? Podunk Junior Community College, where every applicant who can breathe on a mirror and produce fog is accepted? Harvard?

Some state college that exists on federal money is going to say, “Common Core is an abject failure and the federal idiots who put it together should be given prison terms”?

With Common Core, we have an experimental hypothesis that was never tested in the field; and later on, we will have an assessment of its success based on standards loose enough to allow any conclusion under the sun—especially a conclusion that supports the program, which by that time will be too big to fail.

Perfect.

Finally, judging from the overwrought abstract methods of math instruction for very young Common Core students, I predict the following:

[Continued...]

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
Common Core Fraud Exposed
« Reply #108 on: January 16, 2016, 08:57:41 PM »
http://www.infowars.com/common-core-fraud-exposed/

COMMON CORE FRAUD EXPOSED

James O'Keefe once again delivers bombshell undercover video

The Alex Jones Show
January 15, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3T-8sBEsUo

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
Finally! A bill to end the so-called Department of "Education"
« Reply #109 on: February 08, 2017, 10:48:55 PM »
http://www.infowars.com/devos-confirmed-as-education-secretary-bill-to-end-education-dept-introduced/

DEVOS CONFIRMED AS EDUCATION SECRETARY; BILL TO END EDUCATION DEPT INTRODUCED

Massie's legislation, HR 899, simply states, "The Department of Education shall terminate on December 31, 2018."

CNS News - FEBRUARY 8, 2017

On the day that Betsy DeVos was confirmed as the Secretary of Education, House Representative Thomas Massie (R-Ky.) introduced a short bill to abolish the Department of Education, which was established under the Carter administration in 1980.

Massie’s legislation, HR 899, simply states, “The Department of Education shall terminate on December 31, 2018.”

In a Feb. 7 statement, Massie said, “Neither Congress nor the President, through his appointees, has the constitutional authority to dictate how and what our children must learn.”

“Unelected bureaucrats in Washington, D.C. should not be in charge of our children’s intellectual and moral development,” he said. “States and local communities are best positioned to shape curricula that meet the needs of their students. Schools should be accountable.”

“Parents have the right to choose the most appropriate educational opportunity for their children, including home school, public school, or private school,” said the congressman, who holds a master’s degree in mechanical engineering from MIT.

Read more

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
Re: Finally! A bill to end the so-called Department of "Education"
« Reply #110 on: February 11, 2017, 02:25:04 PM »
Massie’s legislation, HR 899, simply states, “The Department of Education shall terminate on December 31, 2018.”

Apparently HR 899 is not the cause for celebration many of us initially thought it was. Not because of what it does, because of what it fails to do:

-----------------------------------------

http://rense.com/general96/weletithappen.htm

We Let It Happen

By  Charlotte Iserbyt
2-8-17

I am very concerned regarding Trump's appointments.  Having worked in Departments of State and Education,  I think I can say that those two departments are the most important players in implementation of globalism/world govt. through State/UN agenda,   and Soviet lifelong (pre-school workforce training/community education/brainwashing control) that goes with it, through the Dept. of Education/UNESCO/OECD. 

IN MY OPINION ONLY

Approval of SecState Tillerson and SecEd DeVos were all  all Trump needed to bring down our nation at the behest of the academics-destroying, war-mongering, money-grubbing globalists.  The other Cabinet departments will simply go along with the agenda coming out of State and Education Departments.

The Departments of Labor and Health and Human Services, and a federal data collection office will probably become very important tentacles of the present downsized U.S. Dept. of Education, headed up by DeVos whose job will primarily be to oversee the destruction of public education and its replacement by tax and corporate-funded charter schools and vouchers necessary for the global workforce agenda (connected to State Dept. UNESCO, OECD and corporations).

The aforementioned agencies will be the key players since education is no longer "education" but has been redefined to provide primarily brainwashing, workforce training and provision of health and social services at the local level.  A data collection office in control of what goes on at local level will very likely be a separate office in D.C.

Everything is now local.

The fix is in.

Please read the following quotes from two key U.S. Dept. of Education documents provided me by the father (deceased) of someone on my email list.  Her father was a great patriot/career educator in the U.S. Dept. of Education.

The first document was given to me in 1981, "on the sly", while I worked in U.S. Dept. of Education.  He  left it in my in-box, while I was at lunch.

The second document, U. S.Dept. of Education Far West Lab grant to "Mr. Skinnerian Outcomes Based Education",  Dr. William Spady, was sent to me at home in Maine, shortly after I had been relieved of my duties at Ed Dept.

(I never had the opportunity to meet with this gentleman.)

(1)  Taken from the deliberate dumbing down of america,  3D, page 68.

IN 1963 A NATIONAL PROJECT WAS INITIATED WHICH WAS THE FORERUNNER OF THE National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP) and became the model for individual state assessments which have created enormous controversy due to their focus on attitudinal and value change.
This study was presented in A Plan for Evaluating the Quality of Educational Programs in Pennsylvania:
Highlights of a Report from Educational Testing Service to the State Board of Education
of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (Educational Testing Service: Princeton, N.J., June 30,1965). The combination of the Skinnerian method of training and the assessments’ emphasis on change in attitudes, values and beliefs resulted in what the average parent considered a “lethal concoction,” absolutely guaranteed to create a “robotized citizen for the New Pagan Age.” Although Appendix IV of this book includes verbatim text from the Plan, the following excerpts provide a fairly clear picture of the intent of those involved in this seminal project:

This Committee on Quality Education sought the advice of experts [including Dr. Urie Bronfenbrenner of the Department of Sociology, Cornell University; Dr. David R. Krathwohl of the College of Education, Michigan State University [a co-author with Benjamin Bloom of The Taxonomy of Educational Objectives: Affective Domain]; and Dr. Ralph Tyler, director of the Center for Advanced Study in the Behavioral Sciences in Palo Alto, California.

These experts constituted a Standing Advisory Committee for the project....

It [the Committee] concluded that an educational program is to be regarded as 'adequate' only if it can be shown to contribute to the total development of pupils.... The Committee recognizes that many of the desirable qualities that schools should help pupils acquire are difficult to define and even more difficult to measure. It feels, nevertheless, that any evaluation procedure that leaves these qualities out of account is deficient as a basis for determining whether the program of any school district is educationally 'adequate'…

The first step in judging the quality of educational programs is to decide on the purposes of education. What should children be and do and know [emphasis in original] as a consequence of having gone to school? What are the goals of the schools? These questions have been high on the agenda of the Committee on Quality Education. Its members wanted a set of goals that would reflect the problems society faces in the world of today.... Measures of conventional academic achievement, for instance, are at a more advanced stage of development than measures of attitude and values.

Measures of progress toward the ten goals are unequally developed. Some are more dependable and valid than others. For example, tests of reading comprehension are relatively well developed and reasonably well understood while tests of such qualities as self-understanding and tolerance are less well developed and poorly understood.... Where the available measures are clearly inadequate, intensive research and development should be undertaken immediately to bring them to the point where they can have full effect in the evaluation program.

(2)  Taken from the deliberate dumbing down of america, 3D, page 214:

Dear Secretary Bell:

I am forwarding this letter to accompany the proposal which you recommended Bill Spady and I prepare in connection with Outcome-Based Education. This proposal centers around the detailed process by which we will work together to  implement Outcome-Based Education using research verified programs. This will make it possible to put outcome-based education in place, not only in Utah but in all schools of the nation. For those who desire, we will stand ready for regional and national dissemination of the Outcome-Based Education program.

We are beginning to see positive, preliminary results from some of the isolated schools in Utah which have implemented Outcome-Based Education. These positive indicators are really exciting!

We sincerely urge your support for funding the proposal as presented.
Warmest regards,

G. Leland Burningham
State Superintendent of
Public Instruction

BTW:  the deliberate dumbing down of america, 1999, out of print, is available as a FREE download at deliberatedumbingdown.com. 

Patriots Or Manchurian Candidates?

Our good people worry about a Constitutional Convention for good reason, but when one considers the impact of tax-funded charter schools, with no elected school boards, for  Soviet polytech workforce training ,  I personally believe "they" have  accomplished many of the  key  objectives of a Convention of the States (ConCon).   Regionalism (communism), which is rampant across the country, with little opposition from the American people,  also calls for governance by unelected boards.

Will  watch to see how all of this plays out. USA fought   unconstitutional UN "no win" wars to, ostensibly, keep this tragedy from playing out.  How many of our sons and daughters, parents, grandparents, great grandparents gave their lives to keep this shift from freedom to slavery from happening? 

P.S.  I will be on Rense tomorrow, Thursday, February 9,  at 11 p.m. est to discuss the tragedy.

Charlotte Thomson Iserbyt
Former Senior Policy Advisor
U.S. Department of Education

Click on links, with exception of 2 Amazon links,  for FREE downloads:
http://www.deliberatedumbingdown.com
http://www.americandeception.com
http://www.abcsofdumbdown.blogspot.com
Guerilla Media Network Iserbyt Archives link

Exposing The Global Road To Ruin Through Education-Trailer Links
3 Minute Trailer
26 Minute Trailer
Full 8 Disc YouTube Video Links

Amazon 8 Disc Set Order Link
 To order the updated abridged 2011 version of The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America  click this AMAZON ORDER LINK

-----------------------------------------

Irrespective of whether the DoE is abolished or not, any school -- be it public or private -- that accepts federal tax dollars will be compelled by law to advance the corporate fascist "global workforce agenda" Charlotte Iserbyt writes about in the above article.

It's the federal funding of local schools, therefore, that must be ended.

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
Don't believe me. Look it up yourself!