Senator Patrick Leahy threatened with gun by pumped up ego driven cop

Author Topic: Senator Patrick Leahy threatened with gun by pumped up ego driven cop  (Read 2782 times)

Offline psyopagent

• 911truthpedia
A US Senator has been stopped by Border Patrol a hundred miles within the border of the US, and the officer referred to his gun when questioned about his authority to make such a stop
http://leahy.senate.gov/press/200803/030408b.html

Offline NWOSCUM

• "Yuppie Scum"
Senator Patrick Leahy threatened with gun by pumped up ego driven cop
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 09:31:19 pm »
A US Senator has been stopped by Border Patrol a hundred miles within the border of the US, and the officer referred to his gun when questioned about his authority to make such a stop
http://leahy.senate.gov/press/200803/030408b.html

Good find and might I add, holy shit!!!!  :o  If a Senator get's that treatment............
"The receptivity of the great masses is very limited, their intelligence is small, and their power of forgetting is enormous." --Adolph Hitler, "Mein Kampf"

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
Re: Senator Patrick Leahy threatened with gun by pumped up ego driven cop
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 09:44:02 pm »
U.S. SENATOR PATRICK LEAHY
VERMONT

Statement Of Senator Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.)
Homeland Security Subcommittee Hearing
On The DHS Fiscal Year 2009 Budget
March 4, 2008

LEAHY: Thank you Mr. Chairman. I am going to be leaving questions. I know the GAO Reports says that Customs and Border Protection staffing allocation needs up to several thousand additional CBP officers. Of course, the budget that Sec. Chertoff is backing allows for only 234 additional offices at land borders and 295 for Radiation Monitoring. We had, I saw in Vermont, where they say we need 60. Assistant Commissioner Thomas Winkowski said that we’ll get 8, we won’t get the 60, but we will get the 8. Of course we haven’t even gotten those. So, it’s a concern. It’s almost as though it doesn’t make a difference if they say we need 50, 60, 70 if we aren’t going to get any anyway. It’s a nice study to read.

But while we have all that shortage, DHS established a temporary checkpoint on I-91 in Hartford, Vt. from Dec 2003 –May 2005. I’d wondered how you can spend that kind of money so far from the border. Even people like former Republican Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich said this is unnecessary government intrusion. If it made us safer it would be one thing, but of course there are about 20 parallel two-laned roads that go down there. And the checkpoint picked up a couple lazy people with drugs. But mostly it just ticked off everybody. So I’d asked about that at my last hearing because we had heard that the department was quietly conducting a feasibility study to see whether it would build a permanent checkpoint there - a hundred miles from the border. I finally got a response 5 months after I asked the question. You said the results of the study and any decisions on project advancement would be shared with your office through the office of congressional relations. Well then, now I see in the President’s budget that we have a $ 4 million request for installation of permanent border checkpoints. That’s plural. In Vermont. Again, all on Interstate highways where everybody knows they’re there. All with dozens of roads that parallel the interstate highway. So I was told we would hear if there would be more, obviously that was form letter 12 because we never heard till we saw the President’s budget.

I’m worried only because we don’t have the adequate number of people on the border. We sometimes have hours, hours wait, just for tourist to go across the border. And of course it will get worse once it starts to require more paperwork. Many of the lanes aren’t open, we are short of people there. But somehow we can put symbolic checkpoints 100 miles from the border.

It’s interesting - I went through one of those symbolic checkpoints in the state of New York driving back here. It was about 125 miles from the border. In a car with license plate one on it from Vermont. With little letters underneath it that said US Senate. We were stopped and ordered to get out of the car and prove my citizenship. And I said “what authority are you acting under?” and one of your agents pointed to his gun and said “that’s all the authority I need.” Encouraging way to enter our country.

Thank you Mr. Chairman.
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline Anti Federalist

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 10:10:13 pm »
We were stopped and ordered to get out of the car and prove my citizenship. And I said “what authority are you acting under?” and one of your agents pointed to his gun and said “that’s all the authority I need.” Encouraging way to enter our country

What more can be said?

This was a Senator FFS.

Meanwhile, in California, cops executed a man on subway platform on New Year's Day.

I'm not going to go off on a rant that may get me tagged as being a cop (rest assured, I am not), as much as I'd like to.

I'll just say this, there is going to be no voting, no reforming, no talking our way out of this mess, not when the law has become lawless.

Offline Revolt426

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 10:13:20 pm »
Bad move, Leahy has more balls then the entire Senate combined.
"Liquidate labor, liquidate stocks, liquidate the farmers, liquidate real estate … It will purge the rottenness out of the system..." - Andrew Mellon, Secretary of Treasury, 1929.

sociostudent

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 10:16:27 pm »
Yeah, what's even cooler is he may convince congress to do something about the constitution-free zones (he at least has more power than WE do about such things)

Offline Revolt426

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 10:18:05 pm »
Yeah, what's even cooler is he may convince congress to do something about the constitution-free zones (he at least has more power than WE do about such things)
Chairmen of Senate Judiciary Committe and Subpeaned Karl Rove, he has balls, as i said. :D
"Liquidate labor, liquidate stocks, liquidate the farmers, liquidate real estate … It will purge the rottenness out of the system..." - Andrew Mellon, Secretary of Treasury, 1929.