Surrounded by the clueless.

Author Topic: Surrounded by the clueless.  (Read 55630 times)

Offline hal 9000

Surrounded by the clueless.
« on: December 26, 2008, 04:27:24 PM »
Yesterday I was standing in line at a local convenience store when the guy in front of me made some of the most outrageously uninformed claims I have ever heard. He boldly claimed that Iraq was given the "technology" to print our money back when they were our allies, and that they now have us over a barrel, or so to speak. The guy behind the counter, who he was addressing these ridiculous claims to, blithely listened to him prattle on, seemingly taking it all in without the slightest bit of discernment. I swear this guy actually said this. I didn't even bother to try and set him straight, or mention the fact that a private banking consortium controls our money system. What would be the use. The guy (and probably the guy behind the counter)  is too far gone. There is probably no hope for someone that brain washed.

Later that evening, I was at my sisters house. As usual, she was transfixed to the television, watching some asinine show on the History Channel about Revelation prophecies predicting the final clash of "God vs Satan". When I merely attempted to point out the shortcomings of the show, those shortcomings being the fact that at no time during the show was it mentioned that the only way for Satan to exert his power in this world is through actual flesh and blood men and their institutions, ie - Banking, Military, Governmental, Secret Societies, etc. she became visibly angered, and told me to shut up. She literally looked at me like I was some kind of pathetic nutcase, and told me how she didn't want to hear any of it. I dutifully closed my mouth, and said no more, while she re focused her attention to the talking box beside the wall.

It is a bit disquieting to have an inkling as to what is really going on, only to be surrounded by clueless people who don't know - or couldn't care less - about such things. They are quite happy in their willful ignorance, and will only attack you if you try and impart a little of the truth to them. The  great psychiatrist Carl Jung once said that true loneliness is not necessarily being in the absence of people, but in the inability to find others who care as deeply about the topics that are of burning interest to you. He wrote that at times he felt as if he had "fallen off the edge of the earth."  Does anyone else ever feel this way.

Offline LoreOnTerror

Re: Surrounded by the clueless.
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 04:31:16 PM »
This quote about sums it up.

"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men. "
Samuel Adams
“If the people were to ever find out what we have done, we would be chased down the streets and lynched.” - George H.W. Bush

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don’t know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
  • 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB! www.911truth.org
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 04:31:43 PM »
The  great psychiatrist Carl Jung once said that true loneliness is not necessarily being in the absence of people, but in the inability to find others who care as deeply about the topics that are of burning interest to you. He wrote that at times he felt as if he had "fallen off the edge of the earth."  Does anyone else ever feel this way.

Welcome to my nightmare.
"Abolish all taxation save that upon land values." -- Henry George

"If our nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill." -- Thomas Edison

http://schalkenbach.org
http://www.monetary.org
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=203330.0

Offline Revolt426

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 04:34:24 PM »
Welcome to my nightmare.
Isn't this the nightmare of every person who knows we are about to fall off the edge of a bottomless pit due to those who are in happy land.
"Liquidate labor, liquidate stocks, liquidate the farmers, liquidate real estate … It will purge the rottenness out of the system..." - Andrew Mellon, Secretary of Treasury, 1929.

Offline Elvis

• just one
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 04:41:43 PM »
Welcome to my nightmare.

lol ... hey, you had your chance to take the red pill.
"A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within." - Will Durant

Offline Freeski

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 04:44:13 PM »
Isn't this the nightmare of every person who knows we are about to fall off the edge of a bottomless pit due to those who are in happy land.

Are you saying it's the braindead masses who are at fault?
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline Revolt426

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 04:45:41 PM »
Are you saying it's the braindead masses who are at fault?
I am saying its the braindead masses who are making it a nightmare because they will not listen to anyone but the "Expert on television". Are you trying to say i am into Eugenics? :P
"Liquidate labor, liquidate stocks, liquidate the farmers, liquidate real estate … It will purge the rottenness out of the system..." - Andrew Mellon, Secretary of Treasury, 1929.

Offline hal 9000

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2008, 04:52:50 PM »
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men.

That's a great quote. In my daily conversations with people, I try and work in a little of the truth. It is best to be subtle and not try to push people too hard, but most people seem to be so uninformed that they either don't want to hear a word of it, or that they simply can't comprehend what I am talking about. Other seem to know, deep down in their minds, that what I'm saying is basically true, but they don't want to go into it in any detail. After about a minute or so, they quickly change the subject back to more mundane topics such as football or the weather. At times I feel as if I am like some sort of religious fanatic who is proselytizing the unconverted. Why don't more people understand the gravity of what is happening? What will it take to finally wake them up and get interested in the really important things? Maybe they are just like the proverbial frog in the pot who never realizes that he is slowly being boiled alive.  

Welcome to my nightmare.

Yes, it is akin to being in a nightmare, or a twilight zone episode. You know that there are many more out there who also know what is going on, but that those people are, like yourself, the exception. The vast majority are still living in the false matrix of mainstream "news media" and pop culture. It is very frustrating.

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2008, 05:03:44 PM »

I have two neighbors that can't tell me the difference between millions and trillions and billions. 
I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.

Offline Freeski

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2008, 05:05:44 PM »
I am saying its the braindead masses who are making it a nightmare because they will not listen to anyone but the "Expert on television". Are you trying to say i am into Eugenics? :P

Gotcha, Are you?
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline Freeski

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2008, 05:12:55 PM »
That's a great quote. In my daily conversations with people, I try and work in a little of the truth. It is best to be subtle and not try to push people too hard, but most people seem to be so uninformed that they either don't want to hear a word of it, or that they simply can't comprehend what I am talking about. Other seem to know, deep down in their minds, that what I'm saying is basically true, but they don't want to go into it in any detail. After about a minute or so, they quickly change the subject back to more mundane topics such as football or the weather. At times I feel as if I am like some sort of religious fanatic who is proselytizing the unconverted. Why don't more people understand the gravity of what is happening? What will it take to finally wake them up and get interested in the really important things? Maybe they are just like the proverbial frog in the pot who never realizes that he is slowly being boiled alive.  

Yes, it is akin to being in a nightmare, or a twilight zone episode. You know that there are many more out there who also know what is going on, but that those people are, like yourself, the exception. The vast majority are still living in the false matrix of mainstream "news media" and pop culture. It is very frustrating.

Very good overview of the situation. They are in a trance and the mass media still controls that (the message), so the infowar is going to take a very long time. We must always defend liberty on the Internet.

Offline uwaf

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2008, 05:15:07 PM »
Many times this attitude comes from College Educated Sheep. So if you didn't "go to college", they won't listen. My in-laws said their ages added together are nearly 150 so there's no way they are mis or un informed. or
There must be something wrong with someone that would only find the bad things in the world. or
You're nuts if you think the Govt would do that! or
Bush kept us safe since 911. or
Get outta here, you Fn nut! or
If this were true, then why don't I know? or
This would be on the news. or
How could they keep this a secret? or
Stop it with all this doom and gloom. or THE BIGGEST ONE
This is ALL in the Bible. God is in control, it's his will, to punish everyone for not living the Lord's way. If ya been good, he'll "save" you. Maybe you should start going to church.

Offline Triadtropz

• Gods army is real..join up..
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2008, 05:16:07 PM »
Very good overview of the situation. They are in a trance and the mass media still controls that (the message), so the infowar is going to take a very long time. We must always defend liberty on the Internet.

my whole familys in a trance watching the msm, God love them...as long as one of is aware...
one man with courage makes a majority..TJ

Offline muymalgal

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2008, 05:16:58 PM »
i remember in one of kurt vonnegut's books a quote..."who is more to be pitied, an artist jailed for speaking his mind, or one living in absolute freedom with nothing more to say..."
but i can relate to what your saying.  i only hope the alzheimers is in full force when i am checked into the nursing home, with those people taking care of me... peace.  :)
~if evolution is outlawed, than only outlaws will evolve.~  jello biafra

Offline iamc

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2008, 05:28:35 PM »
" A NIGHTMARE...can only become a DREAM...when you let it...
think about it?

...just a thought? for the? ...clueless...
...as the sunshine of Life rises in the East...the Truth will always set in the West...thus Freedom will always arise the next day...

Offline Freeski

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2008, 05:29:41 PM »
my whole familys in a trance watching the msm, God love them...as long as one of is aware...

Me to: 1 for 6!

Offline Revolt426

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2008, 05:55:44 PM »
I do not support exterminating anyone regardless of who they are and where they are from, so no i am not into Eugenics.

However, i despise people who have 10 children with no means to support them and then pass the bill to the State hospitals and State Welfare. Despising them doesn't mean i want them dead.

Offline Freeski

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2008, 06:05:35 PM »
I do not support exterminating anyone regardless of who they are and where they are from, so no i am not into Eugenics.

However, i despise people who have 10 children with no means to support them and then pass the bill to the State hospitals and State Welfare. Despising them doesn't mean i want them dead.

Right, but the only reason they try to pass the bill on to the state is because the state made that an option. Get rid of the option and the incentive is gone, right?

Offline Revolt426

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2008, 06:09:19 PM »
Right, but the only reason they try to pass the bill on to the state is because the state made that an option. Get rid of the option and the incentive is gone, right?
I could support more limitations on welfare but, as we are heading into a Depression there are innocent people that WILL die, probably millions, without Government assistance. It's really a tough issue, if you just allow the market to correct itself, it will correct the U.S. population as well. I would rather see the whole system overhauled so that it can support our population, and limitations put on welfare so people do not abuse it.

Offline Freeski

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2008, 06:22:36 PM »
I could support more limitations on welfare but, as we are heading into a Depression there are innocent people that WILL die, probably millions, without Government assistance. It's really a tough issue, if you just allow the market to correct itself, it will correct the U.S. population as well. I would rather see the whole system overhauled so that it can support our population, and limitations put on welfare so people do not abuse it.

I agree with you, not now. The whole thing would need a transition plan.

But when it comes to taking care of the needy, why can't we as good people just help the needy get back on their feet? The abandoned down syndrome child? There are plenty of charitable organizations, including religous, who will welcome them with open arms. The old? What about the families? We've been conditioned to believe that the damned machine actually matters, when in fact, the machine's central role is to rake in the cash.

Our central role is not a role at all but a God-given bunch of years of life to enjoy!

Best thing of all: when people reclaim their personal responsibility, they realize that with it comes clarity, and choice. They'll like it.

Down with meddling dogooders and control freaks!

Offline headwest

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2008, 06:43:33 PM »

Somewhere I saw, that if you put the human population on a chart.  It would look like a bubble, and it is the only bubble that hasn't corrected itself in a long time, which bubbles by nature do.

Offline g1rlg0ne

• Charly
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2008, 06:47:19 PM »
I am still feeling hopeless with most people. I sent my mother the link about Robin Cook's quote about Al Qaeda. She sent me a reply that said nothing other than "You're really starting to scare me." And it was a credible source! People still really believe the lies!
When conveying information about HAARP technology and the potential applications for chemtrail spraying, I get double teamed by a couple sending me sites like skeptoid.com and doing everything in their power to make ME feel like an idiot.
Of course I always find myself saying that things are not limited to themselves; everything is connected and military/gvt/corporation/banks/university research are not always to be trusted. You and I know this, but tying the pieces of the puzzle together for someone who knows nothing about the current state of things is too big of a task. Unless you take it upon yourself to spend hours a day reading and doing your own research and drawing your own conclusions there's no real way of accepting the "unacceptable".

Offline Revolt426

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2008, 06:51:34 PM »
Somewhere I saw, that if you put the human population on a chart.  It would look like a bubble, and it is the only bubble that hasn't corrected itself in a long time, which bubbles by nature do.
That chart is Darwinistic propaganda. The reason the population cannot sustain itself is because of our insane monetary system - it has absolutely NOTHING to do with world resources, bubbles or what have you. If the Federal Government invested in cleaning water supplies and high tech infrastructure instead of wars there would be no so called population bubble, there would be a rennesiance.

Offline Freeski

« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2008, 06:54:59 PM »
I am still feeling hopeless with most people. I sent my mother the link about Robin Cook's quote about Al Qaeda. She sent me a reply that said nothing other than "You're really starting to scare me." And it was a credible source! People still really believe the lies!
When conveying information about HAARP technology and the potential applications for chemtrail spraying, I get double teamed by a couple sending me sites like skeptoid.com and doing everything in their power to make ME feel like an idiot.
Of course I always find myself saying that things are not limited to themselves; everything is connected and military/gvt/corporation/banks/university research are not always to be trusted. You and I know this, but tying the pieces of the puzzle together for someone who knows nothing about the current state of things is too big of a task. Unless you take it upon yourself to spend hours a day reading and doing your own research and drawing your own conclusions there's no real way of accepting the "unacceptable".

I hear you, but the comforting thing is that once you're awake, it's all so obvious - so you know you're not insane.

Offline Elvis

• just one
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2008, 07:00:10 PM »
I hear you, but the comforting thing is that once you're awake, it's all so obvious - so you know you're not insane.

I remember the first time I heard Alex Jones. After about 15 minutes, it was as if a weight had suddenly been lifted. I realized I was listening to something I had not heard in a long time - TRUTH.
"A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within." - Will Durant

Offline Freeski

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2008, 07:13:42 PM »
I remember the first time I heard Alex Jones. After about 15 minutes, it was as if a weight had suddenly been lifted. I realized I was listening to something I had not heard in a long time - TRUTH.

I still get those moments, when something crystalizes. Amazing stuff.

sociostudent

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2008, 07:14:23 PM »
I was at my in-laws' church on Christmas Eve, and the pastor was talking about how bad things happen all the time, but we just need to "be the light of the world" and blah blah blah.

I couldn't even pay attention while he was speaking ; All I could do was picture him saying, "It's gonna be fine...just give up your guns, and get on the bus. The FEMA camps are a gift from God....no, Mrs. Pierson, you won't need any food or belongings where we're going, it's going to be wonderfu, and they'll take good care of you"

Am I insane?

Offline Freeski

« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2008, 07:18:02 PM »
I was at my in-laws' church on Christmas Eve, and the pastor was talking about how bad things happen all the time, but we just need to "be the light of the world" and blah blah blah.

I couldn't even pay attention while he was speaking ; All I could do was picture him saying, "It's gonna be fine...just give up your guns, and get on the bus. The FEMA camps are a gift from God....no, Mrs. Pierson, you won't need any food or belongings where we're going, it's going to be wonderful, and they'll take good care of you"

Am I insane?

What were the other parishioners doing?

sociostudent

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2008, 07:18:58 PM »
What were the other parishioners doing?

Busy staring into their candles (It was a candlelight service), and saying, "yes, yes"

Offline centexan

« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2008, 07:19:31 PM »
When I overhear ridiculous conversations in public, I just ask questions.  No one can object to you showing an interest in what they're saying.  After a couple of absurd responses, I ask something simple like, "How many continents are there?"  They usually don't know, but they know they SHOULD know, and I then point out that if they don't know how many continents there are, they couldn't POSSIBLY know what the Iranians are doing with their printing presses.

When they turn away, I tell them that TV has conditioned them to turn their backs on the truth--TV sells diversions and lies.  "International bankers are pushing us to war with Pakistan, but tonight you'll see a dog story on the news.  Why is that?"  

Done that hundreds of times and no one's hit me yet.  I love it when kids or girlfriends are with the doofus--makes me hope someone in the group did some independent research later.

Good luck.

Offline Freeski

« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2008, 07:20:15 PM »
Busy staring into their candles (It was a candlelight service), and saying, "yes, yes"

like zombies, or legitimate holy people?

sociostudent

« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2008, 07:23:19 PM »
like zombies, or legitimate holy people?

I think the parishioners are just going with the flow ; They are truly clueless as to the goings-on of the world outside Texas. They're legitimate, though. They really do love God and try to "follow His laws" and "love others", but they don't realize the agenda behind some facets of Christianity nowadays. 

I'm just not sure about the preachers, especially the young, liberal-sounding ones. They scare me. I think all the FEMA pastors should either resign or wear a lapel with a nazi symbol on it so we'll know who to listen to.  ;D

Offline Elvis

• just one
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2008, 07:26:59 PM »

lol

Offline CharlesB

« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2008, 07:32:24 PM »
I feel as if I'm in "Idiocracy" when I go out.  So I'm glad others here feel the same way and realise that we're not being arrogant when we express our frustration by being surrounded by ..., well, y'all know.

Offline Freeski

« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2008, 07:34:12 PM »
I think the parishioners are just going with the flow ; They are truly clueless as to the goings-on of the world outside Texas. They're legitimate, though. They really do love God and try to "follow His laws" and "love others", but they don't realize the agenda behind some facets of Christianity nowadays. 

I'm just not sure about the preachers, especially the young, liberal-sounding ones. They scare me. I think all the FEMA pastors should either resign or wear a lapel with a nazi symbol on it so we'll know who to listen to.  ;D

I find it hard to believe that all of these otherwise good people, are nothing but mind controlled slaves.

sociostudent

« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2008, 07:41:08 PM »
I find it hard to believe that all of these otherwise good people, are nothing but mind controlled slaves.

I didn't say they were mind-controlled slaves. I think they really think that what they're doing is helping humanity, but instead of going out and actually helping humanity by getting involved in local and state politics and activism, they're glued to the pews listening to the FEMA pastors tell them how wonderful they are to be helping humanity by, well, sitting in pews and praying for people, which is great, but incomplete. When they're content to just sit there and let the elite poison their kids and try to regulate how many they can have, and provocating wars and staging terror attacks, THAT'S when the elite get what they want, because complacency allows them to hurt you, thus justifying it for them. They (the elite) think that because WE'RE STUPID ENOUGH to LET THEM hurt us, we DESERVE IT. That's not what I believe, it's what THEY believe

Offline Freeski

« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2008, 07:46:24 PM »
I didn't say they were mind-controlled slaves. I think they really think that what they're doing is helping humanity, but instead of going out and actually helping humanity by getting involved in local and state politics and activism, they're glued to the pews listening to the FEMA pastors tell them how wonderful they are to be helping humanity by, well, sitting in pews and praying for people, which is great, but incomplete. When they're content to just sit there and let the elite poison their kids and try to regulate how many they can have, and provocating wars and staging terror attacks, THAT'S when the elite get what they want, because complacency allows them to hurt you, thus justifying it for them. They (the elite) think that because WE'RE STUPID ENOUGH to LET THEM hurt us, we DESERVE IT. That's not what I believe, it's what THEY believe

Damn that was well said!

Offline Elvis

• just one
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2008, 07:52:20 PM »
“You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on.”

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."'

"This administration is doing everything we can to end the stalemate in an efficient way. We're making the right decisions to bring the solution to an end."

Geo. W. Bush

Offline pcc

« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2008, 08:28:28 PM »
When I overhear ridiculous conversations in public, I just ask questions.  No one can object to you showing an interest in what they're saying.  After a couple of absurd responses, I ask something simple like, "How many continents are there?"  They usually don't know, but they know they SHOULD know, and I then point out that if they don't know how many continents there are, they couldn't POSSIBLY know what the Iranians are doing with their printing presses.

a ridiculous conversation to you, might have unseen significance to someone else..
be careful.. especially in asking "simple" questions to make a point.. someone sharp in geography would have made a fool out of "you".. how many continents indeed.. in case you were not aware, the subject is in dispute..

http://geography.about.com/od/learnabouttheearth/qt/qzcontinents.htm

Offline Nailer

« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2008, 08:55:59 PM »
the best way to explain it to sheeple..

Asset B30306 Posted By bacchus

Once upon a time a man appeared in a village and
announced to the villagers that he would buy monkeys
for $10 each.
The villagers, seeing that there were many monkeys around, went out to the forest and started catching them. The man bought thousands at $10 and, as supply started to diminish, the villagers stopped their effort. He next announced that he would now buy monkeys at $20 each. This renewed the efforts of the villagers and they started catching monkeys again. Soon the supply diminished even further and people started going back to their farms. The offer increased to $25 each and the supply of monkeys became so scarce it was an effort to even find a monkey, let alone catch it! The man now announce d that he would buy monkeys at $50 each! However, since he had to go to the city on some business, his assistant would buy on his behalf. In the absence of the man, the assistant told the villagers: ‘Look at all these monkeys in the big cage that the man has already collected. I will sell them to you at $35 and when the man returns from the city, you can sell them to him for $50 each.’ The villagers rounded up all their savings and bought all the monkeys for 700 billion dollars.

They never saw the man or his assistant again, only
lots and lots of monkeys!

Now you have a better understanding of how the
WALL STREET BAILOUT PLAN WILL WORK !!!!
I am a realist that is slightly conservative yet I have some republican demeanor that can turn democrat when I feel the urge to flip independant.

The truth shall set you free, if not a 45ACP round will do the trick.. HEHE